Reviews of Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort 4 stars

Jalan Tanjung Bungah, 11200 Tanjung Bungah, Malaysia

#3 of 7 hotels in Tanjung Bungah

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Room smelt weird and look rather tired and outdated with wooden furniture/doorframes peeling off etc., air-conditioning wasn't working properly with wires sticking out, bathroom was not lit properly and wasn't up to hotel standard, air-conditioning in corridors and lifts were not working, room wasn't made up properly with the bathroom not being cleaned i.e. just replacing the towels and putting one new toilet roll in, asked for 3 towels, but only replacing 2 towels, breakfast was poor with limited choices of food and fruits and most of them tasting rather bland.

• Deluxe Family Suite

Promised American breakfast in the website but there was none. Just a normal Malaysian breakfast. There were many selfish individuals smoking at the breakfast area and polluting the air. Even though it is open air, there were kids and babies around. Restrict smoking at the breakfast area.

Liked the location and the surroundings of the resort. The view from the room is beautiful. The staff were friendly but I felt they were short handed esp the housekeeping.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

the reception staff are slow with weak English, the room service doesn't speak English, they didn't entertain many of our requests. We have to waste 45 minutes of our time to get the air condition fixed, which happened only after 2 visits from their technicians (the fix only lasted for 9 hours).....not sure why wouldn't they check the room before given to new guests. Limited choices in breakfast. With full respect to all nationalities, but tourism industry are better suited for local Malaysians, not cheap labor, where hospitality is totally lost.

the room balcony view, the size of the room. Early check-in

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Not enough parking space. When I come back from outside, my family & I were tired, the administrator informed the car parking was full. Our car needed to left in the open space about 3 mins from the hotel. At that time, I thought it was funny, if I need to go out few rounds a day or there is heavy rain outside....

I choose this hotel because the back of the hotel is the beach so that my children can play along the beach.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Bathroom shower very old so not smooth to use Reception people almost forgot to return my deposit on checking out I had to remind them late in the night as checking out very early

Great location to shopping mall Shuttle bus excellent

• Deluxe Studio Suite

The beach isn’t very nice, but it has a nice view. We didn’t spend much time there. Taxis were needed to get to most restaurants and into Georgetown. The restaurant food is not worth the price. Better off going accross the road to Ba Ba Black Sheep and paying for the food there.

My girlfriend and I most enjoyed the pool. We also enjoyed the view from our balcony. We managed to find some nice breakfast cafe’s near the hotel which was good for mornings. Taxis were not too expensive so we didn’t mind paying for them.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

No complains I am a very simple man. Because of low density parking was not a issue otherwise it's a nightmare.

The convenience of the place to all u need. The Indian restaurant in front is very good. The pool and the backyard very pleasant

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

Restaurant staff can do with some training

Sea viewDeluxe studio suite perfect if traveling with kids . Double balconies, separate seating and sleeping areaReat

service

very dated, the room I stayed in smelt very musty- The safe would not lock even after the tradesman tried to fix- The power point to charge my phone did not work and the people at reception need a lesson or two in how to treat their customers with courtesy and respect, also a smile occasionally would not hurt.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Check-in took too much of my time - for almost half an hour! Should hv a well-versed staff to assist the trainess in handling the check-in.

The room's spacious enough. & also the helpful & efficient Room service staff.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Room with facing the sea.

Room services is good. Bell boys are not helpful. No newspaper on last two days. Front desk or reception is very helpful.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

our balcony was a little bit far from the sea view, air-cond didn't work after 2 days, then we have to changed to the other room with the same type of room.

the bed, the bath(tub)room and the balcony.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

The air conditioner is quite not suitable for the room because the room is big, couldn't feel any air for a while, plus it is only pointing to our feet. Should replace it with more powerful air cond 3.0 and above.

The hotel, the room and the view.

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

The elevator.. One out of 3 has been down for the past 3 yrs.. Or even longer. Please buck up. Also.. Please bear in mind its not a new hotel so the furnitures are not new ones. Overall its ok to me.

I frequent there actually coz of location wise. Hence, not my first stay. The week we went.. this time around.. was not many guest. So it was quite pleasant. If theres public or long holiday.. Just be prepared n have patient enough to stay at this hotel.. ie with the crowd at the pool and beach side..car parking etc Anyways.. I have to compliment that weekend bbq buffet has improved so much in terms of taste and variety. However..if u dont prefer buffet.. Theres many other choices opppsite the hotel.. Just across the road.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Limited parking. Facilities not up to current standard as a 4 stars rating, need to refurbish. Smelly in the toilet and corridor. Carpet in the room need to change to laminate floor. Aircond not cold, need to wait for few hours. Bathroom door had a problem to close, need to force it when close.

Room spacious

• Deluxe Studio Suite

I think the clientel could have been a lot better, ie, it would be nice if the guests SHOWERED as requested BEFORE getting in the pool, and that the Muslims stopped getting back in the elevators with their soaking wet Burka swimsuits , water every where. The lovely staff is powerless to do anything about this, plus that , they put up with a LOT OF RUDENESS from guests at the check in desk, I have noticed. It's a great shame the staff cannot rate the guests. So why don't you do that Booking .com???

give me a break with these dumb questions, I am not a moron..no croissants extra flaky in s e Asia, stop insulting people with your silly questionnaires.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

I did not like the rough carpet in the room, (with no bed slippers) the cupboard smells, the pillows was too soft and the next morning our neck hurts, and the AC was not working in the middle of the night, we woke up sweating and in the morning is on again and freezing as hell! When it was raining, I was asking for an umbrella! cause we want to cross over and have Indian breakfast, which you all, ONLY gave me ONE DAY Breakfast on the 29th. ( Your breakfast isn't that great btw) All of your 6 front office staff was just STARING at me and just said we don't have we don't have. Come on!!! Are you serious........ Go and ask you co workers behind maybe they can lend us one!!! I am so disappointed and will never ever come back again and stay. I paid almost RM 500 for 3 days 2 nights and this is what i get. While waiting for our GRAB to airport, your seating area cushion smells of sweat. Be more hygiene please. Ask your STAFF to SMILE more! #badexperience

I like the partial sea view balcony only.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Room service is poor. Air conditioning is not good. Water liking for twice from the aircond n CS does not propose any other empty room available. Toilet is not clean n smelly. Room is dusty.

Bed are okay, clear tv displayed,strong wifi signal,beautiful beach view

Had to call technicians a few times to have power working in one of the rooms. After about 30 mins things became stable.

Family friendly rooms, beach view

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

Had requested for the large king bed while booking and it shown still available for a king size bed when go to reception the stuff told me left 2 single bed.So couldn't satisfied me as i had cancelled the earlier resort i had booked and decided to stay in Rainbow paradise resort.

Environment

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Bad TV signal – you can hear but not look. The carpet in the bedroom is wholly worn out, is partly patched. In the dinner room the curtains and the cushioned furniture have a rests from previous guests.

You can easy reach it from airport using the bus line 102 for 4 ringgit. The bus stop is near the hotel. Staff quickly reacts to your requests. Good internet. The rooms are clean; you have a fridge and tea pot. Iron you can get on demand. Breakfast is good: it is tasty and you have a rich choice. The location is directly on the beach - you have not to cross the street. You can get two towels for the beach. You have the beach loungers and the pool. Few hundred meters you can find a food court with the original cuisines. And few bus stops – mall with the Tesco. The deposit was returned in 2-3 days.

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

Breakfast choice is a little limited if you’re there for more than a few days.

Very fair price for what it is - a basic family hotel . Nice pool, friendly staff.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Check in quite late around 1 am. However the staff could manage the process fast and easily without any extra charge for deposit. I have experience from another hotel that asked me a large amount of deposit when i reach the hotel late. Will recommend this hotel to those who want to stay near to both beach and city. The location is in the middle of batu ferengghi and gurney drive. here you can go shopping and go to the beach any time.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

I feel so comfortable when staying in this hotel. This in not my first time staying here. I will choose this hotel again and again in my next visit.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

The cutlery and crockery at the resort weren’t very clean and some felt greasy. The choices of breakfast were also limited. Had to pay by cash for an extra bed even though I had put in an extra rm100 on authorized deposit on my card on checking in. Ashtray in my room when I requested for a non smoking room. Also they misspelled my name and insisted that I entered so when I booked when my booking confirmation email clearly stated otherwise. The staff did not make any effort to rectify anything nor did they apologize when I showed them that the spelling of my name on my confirmation email was correct.

I liked the location, very near the beach; and the pool services. The high floor and the great balcony view. Great sized bathroom which had a bathtub although we did not have a chance to use it. Extra kitchen facilities although I did not request for it.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Excellent value for money. Stayed for 5 nights - every morning slightly different breakfast which was a nice surprise. Room was spacious and room service was excellent. Great swimming pool - not too big, but big enough to relax and swim. Attentive staff. If you want to go out (George Town or other beaches) I would recommend GRAB taxi/cars service. There is a free wifi in the lobby. Internet in the rooms was fast too. There is a nice Hawker Center (open air food court) 5 min walk from the hotel (just next to the pedestrian bridge over the main road).

• Deluxe Studio Suite

It wasn’t anything like their pictures, it’s old and musty, bathtub was unclean. Can hear water pipes running in the wall. Bed was uncomfortable.

The seaside view

• Deluxe Studio Suite

The manager in charge was very rude and my guest were treated very badly. He raised his voice and didnt tolerate any of my queries.Sincerely disappointed with the service and hospitality offered by this hotel.

Food was alright

Flooring to be changed.

Large Suite Room but but having only ONE Lounge Chair is wrong. There should be at least two Lounge Chairs. Floor carpets are old & smelling. They should be refurbished perhaps with new carpets or Non slip tiles.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

The staff on check in were not very friendly. Also when trying to order room service it was always a problem, they would always call 3 times to confirm our order and it took quite a while.

The view

• Deluxe Studio Suite

My room very near at lift.. So,very noisy..

Your food... I like so much.. My room is very comfortable and clean. When I open the sliding door, my eyes look the beach... I'm very2 love this hotel.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Bathroom needs a new shower head. Parking seems limited but we had no problem since it was not holiday season/weekend. Breakfast average but ok for the price we paid.

Spacious room. Comfortable bed. New carpet. Nice view (partial seaview). Good location. By the beach. Friendly staff.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

AROUND THE BEACH WE FULL OF RUBBISH IT DOESN'T GIVE A GOOD IMPRESSIONS .IF CAN TRY TO KEEP CLEAN THE BEACHES SIDE AT LEAST COLLECT THE RUBBISH .

THE ROOM WAS AWESOME WORTH FOR THE PRICE.WE REALLY ENJOY IT

• Deluxe Studio Suite

The hotel is quite old so I think need to pay attention a bit by putting air freshener to make the room more fresh..

I like the room as it is quite spacious and comfortable.. the beach is super great and very nice..

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Even though the price was fairly low, but tge overhead on taxes and services raised the daily price I was dissapointed of the hotel classification (4 stars), cleanness, pictures posted are far from the truth, water is very dirty, check in process is fairly complicated

The swimmin pool is ok

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

breakfast is zubzero standard. cut boiled eggs where dry and cracky with darker color. nothing i found i vould eat. out side bar closed at 10pm, rooms are old, my friend saw a cocrouche . the floors hallway was smelly

• Deluxe Studio Suite

hotel is vintage, furniture is blast from the past like the 80's or 90's. parking was so limited. water heater wasn't great, tv is old with bad quality display where after 5 minutes the tv go blank. One of the lift was not working.

u get what u pay for. room is big and view is great, depending on which side, u get to watch either sunset or sunrise. Less than 2 minutes Walk to the beach. Infront of hotel there are restaurants and a grocery shop. great location for those driving. Balcony is huge. I like the bathtub.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Busy weekend, one of the lifts was not working and the other 2 were slow. Parking inadequate & was not restricted to guests only.

Recently refurbished, friendly & obliging housekeeping staff, wonderful view and great value fr money

• Deluxe Family Suite

Room service did not provide us with bath towels! One of the lift was not functioning which made waiting for the lift so long! Limited parking space. Breakfast was not up to expectations (not delicious & should have been more variety)

Good location.. rooms are big & spacious

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Staff tended to be a little careless and the pool cafe service was not of a very high standard. Facilities were available but not well presented eg we thought we'd have a massage but the facility was not well presented so we weren't sure of the experience we would get.

The views are great and it is located close to the city and the north beaches. Bus pick ups are right outside. The room was lovely and spacious. Breakfasts provided an assortment of meals and are available for a reasonable time period.

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

The room looks dull will be better to looked more lifely.

The breakfast was good but need to improve with more choices n d room was good n overall good experience.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

1. The toilet was faulty and the water kept on dripping whole night. Poor maintenance. 2. The carpet in the passage way worn out and faded. 3. The door to room difficult to open from inside. You have to pull and tug at the door.

Generally ok.

• Deluxe Family Suite

The property doesn't have any special 'treat' for suite paying guest, it better if you book under normal room

I booked family suite, it was super large and comfortable for 4 people staying. The view is super duper nice. The breakfast was okay especially their omelette, but it should be more variety.

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

the hotel "in general" is quite old

It's Located in the middle area between George town & Batu Ferringhi. the room was spacious, direct access to the beach, The view from the balcony was awesome!

• Deluxe Studio Suite

but the chek-in proses need 1 years to finish,i dont know why they take so long time,i booked the room 1 week Early and still dont get what i booked for. Booked for the large bath i get the single-double.

The room is good btw.

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

It seems like a hotel that was once 5-Star which is why it is still so beautiful but now slightly lacking maintenance. But nothing that would completely ruin your trip. The pillows (inside the case) had some yellowed stains on them so I didn’t use them. The kitchen sink area and bathtub had a little mildew around them, and the furniture upholstery looked old and worn. Still a lovely room and stay for the price.

Very pretty hotel with a GREAT VIEW. Good price. Great location between Georgetown and the National Park, about 15 minutes either way. Spacious, beautiful, overall clean room, clean-smelling white linens, clean pool and beach area. Excellent staff, everyone is very kind and helpful.

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

The resort is extremely run down with no refurbishment. The common corridor has unpleasant odour leading to lifts. Lifts need to be serviced as it broke down too often and it gets jammed up with guests who are going up and down to their units. And we have to use the emergency lift instead. It definitely needs an 'overhaul' on your resort. And housekeeping staff relaxing on the couch where guests moving in and out from the lift.

close proximity to eatery and peaceful surrounding

• Deluxe Family Suite

breakfast quality could have been better.

extremely comfortable kin beds,for the 2 bedroom apartments huge balcony where for once u can actually sit and enjoy your drinks with a party of 4.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

The hotel has deteriorated terribly over the past couple of years. Very poor upkeep. Other than the people, the beach, etc there is nothing else to look forward too.

The location, view, people.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Staff should smile more & practice more courtesy

View from balcony was awesome, swimming pool was great and direct access to beach side, good breakfast menu

• Deluxe Studio Suite

They only provide us one single pillow for each person. Would be nice if there was two pillow instead. We request for sea view room but we only got a very corner room with construction view and like a very corner sea view from far. We did asked to change room for a better view but they said we only can have 'half sea view' which was not even half. it was less than quarter sea view from the corner. Maybe they would consider to give us higher level instead in level 5 and very near to the construction building in front of our balcony. And when the time we arrived, they are some error with the access card to the room, we couldn't get in. Have to go back to the receptionist counter.

The parking is very convenient as we came on Sunday to Monday. The beach also very near from the swimming pool. The bed was comfy except the pillow. Nice bath tab too!

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

The staff are so rude and mostly of your staff are indonesia and one of fat lady Chinese at the reception are so rude . When I make a call to ask something the receptionist speak Indonesia and so rude with me this is not Indonesia

Nonthing

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

No other facility such as sauna.Gym room is too small,the kid swimming pool size is too small,the water of the pool is cool. By considering the room size and the price,I still rate it as 5 star.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Breakfast is good.beach easy eccess and good atmosfare.

Overall good location and beach side is good...you can enjoy on the beach from hotel eccess . The room is also big and the bed. staff is cooperative. Need to change aircond and fix iron to facilitate.

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

should revise the rules regarding the pool attire. i wear a dry fit shirt from nike and it’s for outdoor activities and it suit for swimming but your pool staff chased me out from the pool without accepting my explaination about my outfit. i’m so frustrated and it’s spoiled my honeymoon mood... ☹️☹️☹️ others hotel that i went didn’t have problem with the outfit. thank you.

your food (breakfast) your staff (cafe) friendly the view from the room

• Deluxe Studio Suite

The hotel seems like a bit old, shower not in good function, need some maintenance.

The room is big with bath tub, and partial sea view. Clean beach and nice pool, breakfast was a lot of varieties, value for money.

• Deluxe Family Suite

the facilities provided were not worth the price and insufficient such as there's no iron in the room and no kitchenware not even a single spoon or fork, and water-heater were not functioning.

The view and breakfast provided were nice. All staffs are friendly too.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

I dont like the cleaners (foreign workers) (male), the toilet because it quite smelly and parking area because it quite scary.

I like the view from my room.

• Deluxe Family Suite

For a massive property off 24 floors they just have 3 elevators and 1 of them was non functional.takes a while waiting for the elevators. lucky for us we were on the 5th floor..so used the fire escape of then.

The all day Menu is quite good.

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

My suggestion is to provide pray mat for muslim 🤗

I really love the view n staff. So efficient & friendly. Stay here make me release & feel calm

• Deluxe Family Suite

furniture is old and not complete. such as there is an electrical cooker, but can not find the pot or pan. even the basic soup-spoon, fork and knife need to call for service.

good loation and excellent sea-view belcony!

• Deluxe Studio Suite

We had a very terrible experience lodging with R.P Beach Resort. First, we had to 'pay' for the free car parking. Secondly, there were hairs everywhere in the room and the air conditioner was leaking in the middle of the night and we had to change room. Most importantly, there were not compensation nor apologies given to us. Please do not lodge with this resort or it will ruin your holiday mood!!!!

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

The parking is limited. Flush in the toilet is noisy and need to adjust manually to avoid leaking.

The location is near to the beach. Swimming pool and cafe are great! The room is so big.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Maybe should upgrade on cleanliness as i see old stain at toilet sink and bathtub

The room size is big, have own area for eating with sink & table. Big balcony and sea view 😊 Toilet also big and have bathtub. My kids also enjoyed the swimming pool so much. Breakfast is great.

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

The staff were trainees & not so friendly & could not talk English much... didn’t even smile much... the older staff that we knew, all have gone...

We have always enjoyed our stay there for the last 20 years but they need to upgrade, improve their staff & services

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

The whole hotel is lovely, but a little dated. For the price, it needs a bit of cash spent on it. But i suppose if it was all done, it would be a lot more expensive! So adequate for our price range.

Lovely setting! We had a top floor room with fantastic views. Breakfast was just ok. Very soundproof rooms. Comfortable beds. Lovely balcony. Nice swimming pool. Bus stop just outside hotel.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

We are not given room with a sea view even there still a lot of available rooms with sea view... Staff was not friendly, making face and refuse to accommodate to our request...definitely will not come here again.

The food was very delicious, the room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable, the balcony was big and we love staying there if the staff was more tolerable and nice.

• Deluxe Family Suite

I booked a 4 single beds suite, I specifically asked during check-in if the room has 4 single beds and the staff said yes. When we arrived in the suite, it has 2 king size beds instead.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

I came earlier for check in but a guest after me completed her check in first. The breakfast is just so-so because nasi lemak is not enough for all, then we have to wait for them to top up. The fried mee is too salty.

Spacious room for little kids. They can play in front of tv or in the bedroom.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

There's ants at the kitchen. Housekeeping should spray Baygon more often.

Friendly staff. Nice beach. We are repeat guests. Have check in last year. We surely will come again.

• Deluxe Paradise Suite

The spa was not well equipped for the manicure and pedicure I booked. Light was not working in the spa. Was not comfortable with a male manicurist. Staff should have informed beforehand

Beach was great. Water sports were good. Food was good

• Deluxe Family Suite

Lift too small and slow - breakfast not so nice (crunchy croissant?) - limited parking - very poor tv reception - room not maintained properly (sliding door cannot lock / broken shower head holder)

Only the view was excellent.

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Limited parking. Have to park quite far away and this area doesn't belongs to the hotel. The bathroom is not properly clean with visible stains. The balcony floor has cigarette butts & sweet wrappers. The room air cond is bad & not cooling. The room wifi is very slow.

The balcony with seaview. The beach is near.

• Deluxe Family Suite

The lift - need to wait too long ! They are running with one lift - they need to look into it seriously .. Beach too dirty , not like those days.

Environment, staff, bell services,

• Deluxe Studio Suite

Parking. Should have more parking and the lift very bad. On peak season you should be prepare for a large crowd. Ive been waiting about 20 mins for the lift. Omaigoddddd! Pleasseeeee.....

The room is the best and the balcony really magnificient!

Browse Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort traveller photo gallery