Reviews of Prescott Hotel Kuala Lumpur Medan Tuanku 3 stars

23, Lorong Medan Tuanku Satu Off Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#90 of 512 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

• Superior Twin Room

The hotel description said that they have their private parking. But sadly the carpark can only fit less than 20 cars at one time. And we had a tough time finding a parking slot so we had to leave our car keys to the bell boy which made us feel uneasy and unsafe that we cannot sleep well at night thinking of the condition and safety of our car.

The room was clean and there are a lot of pillows. The bed was comfy too. It is suitable for those travelling light and without own transport.

• Deluxe Double Room

It was super comfy and the room itself is far more huge than the other usual room hotels with that price. We are totally satisfied with the cleanliness. It surely will become our new favorite spot to drop by in kl.

• Superior Twin Room

The logging in for wifi on a daily basis.

The front desk , F & B & Housekeeping staff that we have met were all professional and friendly. Keep up the good work.

• Deluxe Double Room

The bedsheets was not changed during my four days of stay, cups were dirty with coffee stains during check in. First stay in March was placed to a newly renovated floor and it was a lot better. Second time return but got the old none upgrading floor and air-conditioning was too loud for a good sleep.

• Superior Twin Room

Hard to tell. Have tried another hotel in Kuala Lumpur within this range and even higher range but only this hotel can make me smile once I open the door.

Everything. Especially the room service. Been here for a lot of time. Ordering the mee bandung muar is a must. Extra pillows are complimentary and it is heaven.

EXCELLENT staff are very friendly n helpful me even its raining,i want to stay here again..please stay the humble and friendly staff.it very valuable for money..

• Deluxe Double Room

double park system parking.if you block someone car you must leave your key to staff at lobby .if you want to go any where with your car you must wait your key and wait they remove another car.just 15 car can park on basement.

all about this hotel perfect,clean,strategic location and value for money.

• Superior Twin Room

We check in around 9 pm, and at that time no parking lot left for us to park, but we did ask for parking lot when booking. And the staff told us to park outside the hotel, but the next morning, my car got locked😡, and we found out that before 9am, we must move out the car, beside that we can also put the car key at the counter so the staff can help us to move the car. But the staff didn't explain anything about these. And another thing is, the staff that work in the morning said that she didn't know who worked last night😤. What a very bad experience. Please training well your staff, and the staff attitude not good. Never ever go again to this hotel.

• Superior Twin Room

lift condition must be upgrade such as the wall should be use other material than wood..it can be wood also but make sure it looks style..another thing is the walk floor at front of room..have some smell..and lighting is too dark.

extremly like the room condition.very conformtable and good..very clean...

• Superior Twin Room

Downside was the limited space for the carpark but it was efficiently managed by the resident car park jockey. Would come back here again.

Location and the friendly staff

• Superior Twin Room

The karaoke music blasting in the evening. Perhaps management should inform the proprietor to install sound proof windows / facade to reduce inconvenience to hotel guests.

The beds were comfortable and the floor / room allocated was good as it was provided based on request made online. Staff were helpful even though they were busy.

• Superior Twin Room

please improve your air condition

bed not comfy. air condition worst. already told the receptionist about the condition of the room but no one take action. worst service ever

• Deluxe Double Room

Parking lot have to improve since there is so limited space compared to the count of the hotel's guest.

The room was super spacios with enough space for Muslim guest to pray.the facility of the room also complete like prayer mat and iron.overall this hotel was nice and comfy to stay.

• Superior Twin Room

I expected the room to be vacuum, even though the housekeeping has been cleaning the room everyday but i did notice that the carpet is not vacuum because i still find the left-over food on the carpet.

• Deluxe Double Room

The air conditioner in my room did have a fan that refused to go off, but honestly it was not a problem in the tropics.. it was refreshing.

I love everything about the prescott Hotel. It truly is our home away from home in KL. The room size, cleanliness, service, food availability and location. I can't fault anything.

• Deluxe Double Room

Need fulltime doorman/porter to assist bringing luggage in from street or a better, less steep, ramp entry system.

Renovated room was great, better bathrooms than before

• Deluxe Double Room

We are stay in 405 room,is so noisy even at the midnight! Because the window is next to the road,the quantity of sleep is not so bad.

The hotel location is great ,is so convience!

• Superior Twin Room

Renovated with good concept and facilities. Proper storage of ironing board and iron, Muslim prayer mat properly hang and visible, good lighting and spacious room. You don't have to request for extra pillow as the room has six pillows as standard in twin sharing room. Good job to the management of Prescott Hotel Medan Tuanku.

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast spread could be improved, TV channels could be more diverse.

Very good room (looked like recently refurbished) - clean, good furnishing and upkeeping. Staff are polite and very helpful. A good, affordable hotel to stay in - good value for money.

• Deluxe Double Room

I don't like a staff at the reception because all staff is not friendly and throw the card room at customer. At least staf should speak slowly and give a customer some smile

I like the restaurant because price of all food is very not to high

• Superior Twin Room

Noisy of Music outside the hotel until praying time " Fajir ". The noisy comes from Indian restaurant.

The staff at Prescott Hotel Medan Tuanku are honest and trusted worthy. Seikh Mohammed on arrival date was wonderful, kind and respect my feelings cause I'm religious Muslim. The staff at reception were very accurate and wanted to give me money back for my balance on departure date but I gave it gift for them. I forgot my money " Nine Thousands US Dollars " in my room 613 when I left the hotel. Later I called them back and they informed me they found it and I received the money from them. I thanked them so much for their honesty.

• Superior Twin Room

It time to change their towels.

The breakfast was simple yet delicious. Staffs was friendly and we could reserve a parking for our van. The location is good and near to LRT station. 5 minutes walk to nearby shopping complex. I would definitely recommend my friends.

• Superior Twin Room

beautiful place nice hotel easy going to any mall ..i well recommended my friend if visit kuala lumpur malaysia soon

place nice so quite closed to any mall easily going to klcc sokit in bukit bintang lovely

• Deluxe Double Room

1.in the corner, a restaurant keep noisy from 10pm-3am... window glass not slient glass window. 2.no dental set/shaver provided for free, it's very base. u gave tolwers, slippers... but not dental set

room service was quick, people were nice

• Deluxe Double Room

this my second stay, the staff dont even bother to help with our luggage when we check in & out just like my first visit.

1. Room clean & comfort, 2. and the breakfast delicious with the staff lady greet and smile so politely..

• Superior Twin Room

Value for money. Booked last minute deal at rm150 nett for one room complete with breakfast for 2. The room was spacious and clean. Overall i'm satisfied with this hotel with this price range.

• Superior Twin Room

Water heater wasn't working for first day of check in. Works well the morning after so all is well!

The Housekeeping staff was really helpful. Room is super clean and spacey.

• Superior Twin Room

I was regular guest to this hotel if they has a good system will come to know that I checked in this hotel more than 7 times during 2017 & 2018, I already put a comment upon reserving the room that I will spend few hours and will not stat overnight but no body in the reception take care of me , I arrived 5.45am and they gave the room at 9.15 in spite of there are availsble rooms excuses that the house keeping staff arrived at 9am everyday

• Superior Twin Room

1. I did not get my welcome drink as mention on booking confirmation. 2. Parking is very limited

The hotel is near to the train station, mall, and food court..

Nil. 100% Best

I liked to stay there. The location is very good. Very conveniet and easy to go around. Very quiet. Clean and the room is very neat looking.

• Superior Twin Room

As mentioned, internet was not working on 2nd floor. Please fix it. Important in digital age.

Internet not working on 2nd floor. I will visit again and will request for 2nd floor room. TQ

• Deluxe Double Room

problem WIFI, it's not up to date. Air corn is very old. Staffs are not friendly. Staffs are not responded. As example I ask for make up my room in the morning, when I back in the afternoon, I have found no make up. It's happend 2/3 times.

Room size is good compare to price.

• Superior Twin Room

I stayed here for 5 nights and I slept well through the trip (actually, kind of hearing the songs from nearby nightclub). The room is spacious and the bed is soft and comfortable. The price is incredibly not expensive. I think it is very valuable, considering the location which is very close to the sky train.

• Deluxe Double Room

The staf double charge my credit card. No experience to explain to costomer n didnt followup back to me until i send this review. Even though he promise to call in the same say after discuss with his supervisor

• Deluxe Double Room

A little noisy after mid night as there is a loud music and singing somewhere out there

The location is good, staffs are helpful, room is clean and big enough for such value of money, free and secure carpark available. Overall very pleasant stay

• Deluxe Double Room

Check in took much too long and there was no possibility to get a second key card for a double room. Everything else was good

Very nice and friendly staff at breakfast. Only small buffet but enough if you just stay there one or two nights. Otherwise there are good Mamak Restaurants and Western locals nearby. Spacious bathroom.

• Deluxe Double Room

Not much to watch on TV, and the room itself could do with some remodeling. The lobby and bathrooms are modern but the actual rooms look cheap and old. WIFI was terrible as well.

I loved the view from the room and how modern and clean the bathroom was. Breakfast was fine, they had a good variety. Very close to the skytrain but it would be great if they could provide transfers. Brilliant location, very close to shopping centers.

• Superior Twin Room

- Please improve your Customers Service Skills and Programs. - Please value and appreciate your return / regular customer. - Please improve your TV channels. Most boring tv channels compared with others budget hotel.

Return guest - so everything i like.

• Superior Twin Room

The wifi was very bad, weak and kept disconnecting

Bed and pillows very comfortable, Room clean and roomy,location ok close to the monorail and a big mall

• Superior Twin Room

Nothing just concerning about their recognition/treat or handle all their return/requlars guest. Every Month since year 2016 i will stay here without fail. Just recently only i request to upgrade my room to Deluxe just for 1night but always been decline by reception. By no choice i will pay the difference for upgrading. Receptionist always will ask my ID/my name for check in. As a hoteliers and receptionist for more then 16 years at 5 star hotel and international chains this is totally cannot be accepted.One more thing key card. For this stay i left my room key in the room and asked for duplicate key card also been decline with excuse will sent someone to open the door for me since it is urgent and i barely cannot wait i told the receptionist you may CHARGE ME HOW MUCH YOUR KEYCARD COAST if i not returning back the duplicate key upon check out. Then they agreed to give.So many time i share my concern and feedback regarding their service but seems no action from the hotel management. Back day before all email about comments/complains from guest will reply by Manager or General Manager of the hotel i know because i have done that before.We really value all feedback from guest to ensure we always exceeding guest expectation.

This hotel really value for you money. Everything is just at the corner. U just name if. Transportation, Shopping Mall, Night Market,and food ect.all near by the hotel.Even very famous Cheese Naan restaurant just a few steps from the hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room

The rooms were very spacious and nicely maintained even though the hotel looks quite old. And the quality of the breakfast needs to be improved. What really made our stay in the hotel special was the tea in their restaurant at 2nd floor. After the end of our tours everyday, we would visit the restaurant for a cup of that tea. The locals call it "tea Tarik", highly recommended.

• Superior Twin Room

Upgrades on the parking would be fantastic. The water pressure in the room was inconsistent as well. But other than that the basic needs were met and it was a very comfortable stay!

Not the first time staying at this hotel and definitely wont be the last! The distance to the weekend market, Sogo Departmental store, Quill Shopping Mall is the reason why we keep coming back. Value for money too. However, parking space is limited so it depends on your luck.

• Superior Twin Room

Underground parking is very limited.need to park our car for the whole day to secure the parking.pls vacum the carpet in the room because i found trash and it was little bit dusty

Location is strategic.near to the most popular shopping mall in kl,sogo.easy access to the train station.walking distance to most of the places.the room was spacious

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast could be improved. Previously a semi-set was provided but has since been removed. Breakfast to include some buns and whole meal bread or bread with grains instead of just pure plain white bread.

Bed was comfortable and lighting was good after renovation of the rooms

• Superior Twin Room

Weird new procedure whereby they ask for full payment upon check-in but do not give the payment invoice till you check-out. They also don't know how to identify and value regular customers.

Location & price.

• Superior Twin Room

The bed was not too tidy like previous stay, maybe they just in such hurry due to full house.

Their tolerance to allow us for early check-in was a good gesture. 2nd time stayed here, love the bed size and room

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Superior Twin Room

If more stuff speaks English it would be much more convenient. For example, it's hard to explain in the hotel restaurant if you need smth specific.

Quality of location depends on your purpose for KL: if you are going to travel across the Malaysia location is not so good - pretty far from KL Central station; if you just want to hang around in KL - it's fine. Rooms are ok, and it's clean inside as well. Air conditioning is quite powerful. Overall, can recommend a property!

• Superior Twin Room

We booked 2 days before our arrival and they had full hotel booked and queued us to sit in lobby for 2-3 hours to wait until someone checkout.

Clean rooms and overall good experience in there.

• Superior Twin Room

No more space parking my car and iron room 714 not hot like usual..so i took more time just for iron

The bed extra comfy and receptionist so friendly and helpful 😊breakfast so delicious and price reasonable even room service 😊 i will choose this hotel for my next leisurely 😍

• Superior Twin Room

Request to upgraded the room to next category but been declined by reception staff.No value for return and regular customer.

Everything. Will stay at this hotel every month.

• Deluxe Double Room

I have waited for almost for an hour to get into our room. I have been told that our room was not ready yet. Me & my husband was not really happy about this matter. Then, frontliner staff came to us, apologized (accepted) and our room are upgraded for free (we get bigger room & king size bed). Thank you for your hospitality.

The location of this property; accessible to restaurants, public transport & nearby with shopping malls (walking distance)

Parking..but no issue.

Spacious room, clean & really comfortable. Room have all facilities such as hair dryer, water heater, mini fridge, prayer mat for muslims, iron board and extra pillow. Bed size is big.

• Superior Twin Room

limited car park. room not convenient on morning/day time due to noise from wall drilling works on same building.

Very close to local restaurants, public transport and shopping.

• Superior Twin Room

Eatery areas nearby closed too early and got to walk quite a distance for foods after midnite.

Front desk staffs are very friendly and they're professional, providing useful informations rendered to me and my son during our stays.

• Deluxe Double Room

Parking Spaces. Need to wait the staff remove other car if your car is double park

They Should have 24 Hours restaurant or late night room services as their hotel doesn't have any 24 hour restaurant near. Better Parking Spaces.

• Deluxe Double Room

Only the mattress at one side I could feel the metal springs touching my body. I recommend fixing or changing the old mattresses.

Room was amazing, king size bed, clean and well furnished with big and fancy bathroom, monorail station is located just about 50 meters away. Room service food is nice at very reasonable prices. The free breakfast was just ok (basic), not that big buffet breakfast. All in all it was a great value for money. I highly recommend this hotel for those who are looking for a stay neat the KLCC with an average budget.

• Deluxe Double Room

Limited choice at buffet but quite reasonable given the price

Clean, comfortable room with king sized bed. Great value and our bathroom was huge and brand new. Close to monorail (less than 5 min walk) and 10 mins from closest train station. Plenty of local food on the doorstep

• Superior Twin Room

My room (813 ) too noisy with heard singing karokae every night because room infront maju junction ..i prefer room behind parking hotel 😊 it so comfortable to sleep every night

The bed extra comfy and the room like an apartment 😊😍It perfect for leisure and Bussiness to choose this hotel 😍😍

• Superior Twin Room

I was very dissapointed first night after arriving very late delay flight tired restless night I always booked my room no smoking due to health issues and dust free also asked for double bed.When I was given my key cirridore smoking smell n my room smell smoking too I was gutted n upset all night did not sleep itching itching too my leg bleed.I rang reception early morning to give my money back willing to check out.staff asked me to wait until morning they up graded my room much better smoking free I slept all morning until afternoon.I have booked same hotel again.Hoping they won't dissapointed me.I hate smoking.Thank you for upgrated.

• Superior Twin Room

Room 813(infront maju junction) too noisy especially midnight I heard singing karaoke clearly 🙈🙈sometimes I cannot sleep ..better do sound proof room

The bed extra comfy 😍 reception so friendly and helpful 😊😊Valet service did excellent job park my car and punctual whenever we went for outing 😊😊i will choose this hotel for next time leisurery 🤗🎉🎉

• Superior Twin Room

1. Very up sad that reception staff lack of customers Service touch. For past 1 year every month i will stay this hotel but upon c. In seem no body recognize me and keep as me my name and never address me by name. 2. Call reception at 3am in the morning request to have fork and spoon to deliver to my room but answer was given sorry the item only available after 7am when restaurant open. Very disappointed.For me who already working at reception more than 16 year's the all this can't be accepted.

Value For money. Suggest to do recognition to regular and return guest. Example offer late check out and ect. ..

• Deluxe Double Room

Quite a bit of noise from the road at night, breakfast not great

Location is great next to mrt, very good price for kl, room was big and clean, nice clean bathroom, staff helpfull

• Superior Twin Room

Crowded and very hard to get parking event grab have to wait far from the hotel for pick up.

Convinience to get stuff and easy to excess to lrt and shopping complex

• Deluxe Double Room

I raise as a someone give constructive idea....just solve it the two it’s going to be idealistic hotel in the town....

Parking must be solved...how can you expect guest without car coming to your property? For breakfast, I like it because after a month you take your food here you’re going to be slim....why??? it will kill your appetite....keep going your thrifty since it has rationality!!!!...but I wanna my son to grow!!! He needs delicious and healthy food!!!!!

• Superior Twin Room

I’m a regular guest at this hotel, but from time to time i find that the service and room cleanliness getting worsen.. to the utmost .. my last stay here in room 608, my bed sheet and my duvet was smeared with fresh blood.. i did take pictures of them and if i can upload them here...i want to complain but then i was very very busy that time .. so i just didn’t use the bed.. and sharing the other bed. it was impossible for the cleaner not to seeing the blood.. or they just didn’t change them. When i entered the bathroom .. the floor was dirty, the divider glass also dirty, the tiles looked like haven’t been scrubbed for ages. During check out.. i have quite a number of bags .. and it was raining... my husband kept asking for help from staff .. but nobody helped .. my husband himself put all the bags in the car in the rain.. there were staffs kept coming in and out but doing nothing!!!

• Deluxe Double Room

The telephone in the room can't be used, difficult to book meals or to talk to the front desk

The staffs very helpful and the meals at the Muar Coffee House reasonable n delicious. Very near to public transport.The bed so big that can sleep very well. Next time will stay here again. InsyaAllah

• Superior Twin Room

maybe this is my last booking the hotel with you because i been cheeting....1st day and second day the hotel rate are low but third day the rate is high....you dont tell the truth about the rate and i m very sadden what are happened and i promise i dont need yr service anymore....

• Superior Twin Room

Tv chanel not clear and no slipper for use in bathroom ..prayer mat too small for my mother for solat

The bed extra comfy and price per night valueable for money 😍😍😍staff so friendly and helpful 😊My room so convenient and same like an apartment 😊I will choose Prescott Hotel for my next vacation 😊

Tv chanel not clear and price extra extend per hour RM 20 expensive

The bed extra comfy and value for money per night 😊😍 it so convenient for tourist for leisure because location hotel centre with mall and have refrigerator and iron 😍😍i will choose this hotel for next vacation 😊😊

• Superior Twin Room

The hotel breakfast need to be improved and more choices should be added.

Room was very comfortable, clean and spacious. Bathroom was nice with very good shower. Room service was also really good. The hotel was better than some of the 4-star hotels I have stayed in before.

• Superior Twin Room

the wifi were not automatically connected. so every time we were out and come back to the hotel, we need to log in back

need to improve the parking area

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Parking was a pain as it is constantly full during the day, but they have free valet for ya. The area when you walk outta the front lobby door, makes it seem like its in a dark area when infact its a block away from the main road and almost more than 5 malls within walking distance.

The room was all new and good. Bed was comfy and its totally unexpected if you see from the outside, how modern looking and modern feel it is in the room itself. Food is just below the hotel, theres like 4 malls within 1min, 2 min, 5 mins from the hotel.

Washroom wasn't clean enough. Got room with few service/plumbing cabinets. Doesn't have enough parking space at basement. Had to park outside on the road and they asked me to move the car at 6.30 in the morning even though I checked in at 3.30AM. Finally they have agreed to keep my car key to move the car in the morning by themselves.

• Superior Twin Room

Smelly pillows and bedding..then i found extra pillows in the cupboard cz trying to change,but they were more horrible and smelly..very difficult to deal with the staff..

Spacious room..clean..strategic location..parking spaces..

• Superior Twin Room

Bit tricky to find the place as is located on a small street.

Very clean, nice bedrooms and bathrooms. Big parking place area on basement. Close to many shops and restaurants

Browse Prescott Hotel Kuala Lumpur Medan Tuanku traveller photo gallery