Reviews of Regalodge Hotel Ipoh 3 stars

131, Jalan Raja Ekram, 30450 Ipoh, Malaysia

#30 of 86 hotels in Ipoh

The little extra 'thing' that the hotel...
    • Premium Double Room

The little extra 'thing' that the hotel provided/served really make a lot of difference - free items in mini bar (though just 2 cans of drink and a snack), wash car wind screen, attentive and helpful staff.

Small toilet seat.
    • Superior Twin Room

The mini toilet seat. It's like it is made for toddlers. If you are a six footer you will find yourself squatting rather than sweating on it.

Close to street foods and restaurants.

Very good hospitality
    • Superior Twin Room

Staff very friendly and attentive. Bed was very comfortable, had a good night sleep. Bathroom was clean. I came back late and car park was full so had to park outside the property. Next morning noticed there was parking coupon placed on my windshield. Thank you for that.

Excellent! Value for money, worth every single cents paid!
    • Superior Twin Room

The parking was very limited. No basement parking. If you arrive late in the midnite, you will probably need to park outside.

I like the room.. even though it is quite old, but the cleanliness was beyond my expectation! very clean! even the bathroom! I stayed there for 3 nights and paid only rm350 and the room had bath tub. They even gave complimentary snack and soft drinks throughout our stay there. They also cleaned our car's windshield. Excellent! Surely will stay there again on our next visit.

Impress.hope this will last forever
    • Superior Twin Room

- room was perfect - staff friendly - very fast check in - prompt service (request iron board not even 3 min its arrived) - received call from reception at 11 thought that it's a check out reminder but wrong.the staff remind me that they paid for parking coupon until 12 noon then we can move our car in front of the hotel with foc..

We have rebooked and that in itself is recommendation enough.
    • Superior Twin Room

Finding the place was not easy, unless one happens to live in Ipoh and we don't. The city being basically one-way is no help in locating this hotel.

Breakfast was a good western type. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Adequate room facilities and surprisingly for Ipoh, it was quiet at night time. That really is a plus!

Value for Money
    • Superior Twin Room

The rate paid is different from what was quoted in booking.com. 117 vs 129.

Room recently renovated and clean. Ease of checking in. Real value for money which includes toiletries.

value for money
    • Superior Twin Room

Bed sheet, pillow cover and blanket cover don't smell and feel as clean as bath towel. Pillow is too soft if use only one for sleeping and too high if 2 are used.

toiletries, bath towel that looks, smell and feel clean. nice wooden floor with no old carpet smell

i booked this hotel by accident. i would like to come again and never go to other hotel anymore.

Everything was fine.

The staff are very friendly. The pillow the bed the services are just wonderful. They even clean my car winfows. Its amazing! Thanks a lot!

Fine, but a bit odd.
    • Superior Twin Room

I really didn't sleep either nights, I had nightmares and so did my husband. A bit of an odd atmostphere. Was fine for money but definitely wouldn't stay again

Nice staff & good value for money

Enjoyed the stay!! Like to come again.
    • Superior Twin Room

The tap of the bath was not well functioned but still able to use shower.

The breakfast was good. You need to choose from the menu. I chose English breakfast, really like it. Also got other options like coconut rice with chicken (Nasi Lemak) and others. Also had supplementary kids breakfast. Location was really great, very near to the Hospital Ipoh, about walking distance.

I was relieved that our stay was pleasant.
    • Superior Twin Room

1.The marble bathroom floor gets slippery when wet. Marble flooring should not be used for the bathroom. 2. Upon checking in, we were told that we could help ourselves to the drinks in the fridge. When we got to our room, we opened the fridge and there was only One can of coke..LOL..! 3. The photo of the hotel in booking.com is misleading as it still looks new. In reality, the hotel is old and its furnishings and fittings need to be refurbished. Obviously, the owners are taking up the renovation in stages as the lobby looks modern but the rooms upstairs look outdated.

For a hotel that looks “shabby” from the outside, the hotel is surprisingly clean inside and all the basic facilities provided are still in good working condition. We were quite alarmed when we found out that The 4th floor ( where our room was located ) was under renovation. Fortunately, we were not disturbed at all by any noise or dust from the renovation works.

Value for money.
    • Superior Twin Room

The pillows. High time to replace them. The room should be refurbished and the toilet should be upgraded. It looks old and stale.

The little extra service rendered for cleaning the cars.

I realized that room rates by bookings.
    • Premium Twin Room

I realized that room rates by bookings.com is no longer at nett as it used to be. At checking out the bill added 10% + 6% ++. Prefer price given should be at nett basis. Please publish the real price per room!

Good stay, satisfied.
    • Superior Twin Room

They should provide breakfast for all cusmoters regardless of the rate charged. I am pretty sure the rate is an agreement between the hotel and booking.com hence I feel breakfast should be included regardless of the rate.

A very good choice
    • Premium Double Room

Very little to mention. Everything was fine for a short stay. Personnel speak limited English

The hotel has very comfortable rooms and everything worked properly. The shower was excellent. There is a top level restaurant at reasonable prices on the ground floor

Great stay in cosy room at a convenient location.
    • Premium Double Room

The location is fantastic, as being smack-dabbed in the city centre allows for ease and convenience of travel. Despite being in the center of the city, it is surprisingly quiet and the area isn't too hectic. The room is as expected, cosy and clean, and the price is also reasonable as well. The hotel provides some complimentary drinks and a snack for their customers in the room, and this is a small gesture that was very much appreciated. There are plenty of options on their breakfast menu so we had a pretty hearty meal and dinner (through room service) was decent and filling. The staff are also very attentive and helpful. Overall, a comfortable stay.

Just an okay stay with good breakfast.
    • Superior Twin Room

Receptionist could hv checked customer's booking statement before they can start giving us room to stay. They can be more competent with our details of booking & Twice power trip too with no heads up,

I like the breakfast set at the cafe. The waiter and service is fast and efficient too.

Great hotel to just relax in with the family.
    • Superior Twin Room

The toilet bowl flusher could be placed in a more sanitize position.

I really, my family and I enjoyed our stay and especially the TV channels that the hotel provided.

You should provide a really good wifi connection as the...
    • Premium Twin Room

You should provide a really good wifi connection as the location are quite strategic for people with working purposes but the wifi connection is worst. I don't even have any wifi connection during my stay.

Comfortable
    • Superior Twin Room

They wrongly calculated my room rate and had to pay extra upon check out. Again the WIFI needs much improvement.

Room service was fast and the size of the room was a bit small but was OK for the 2 of us.

Bed was comfortable, room service/restaurant served good...
    • Superior Twin Room

Staff was rude - once I called for a query to the hotel regarding my stay whether I could shorten my stay and check out earlier - staff replied with “No, sir, thank you for calling” and hung up my call abruptly before I could say anything else. Room was a bit too dark to my liking, hotel has a musky smell, which I’m guessing is from the carpet. Hotel is a bit old, only one small lift, so might need to wait a little if it’s crowded.

Bed was comfortable, room service/restaurant served good food, refreshments in room are given daily. Even though there’s not enough parking in the hotel, you can park in the public car parks outside the hotel and the hotel will place parking coupons on your car to avoid summons.

Overall the stay was good
    • Superior Twin Room

The old rooms renovation needs to be done as soon as possible as it will spoil the reputation of the hotel stay fr the guest coz it looks very old and uncomfortable during my first stay... My 2nd and 3rd stau was good as i got the premier rooms

The location of the hotel and the service from the front office staff

Glad that they offered me an extra pillow when i requested...
    • Superior Twin Room

When i make a phone call, i expect someone to be picking up on the other end and customers should not be left waiting and waiting for someone to pick up. It is a phone number they provided to every room and they need to make sure someone picks it up by a certain number of rings.

Glad that they offered me an extra pillow when i requested for it. Service was okay. No one helped with luggage when I arrived. staff is polite. good location with car, else abit far from the malls if walking.

I would rate Regalodge Hotel Ipoh for it's hospitality and rate.
    • Superior Twin Room

The location was pretty convenient for my work at the hospital, it was a good short walking distance. The room was clean. Liked the idea of free soft drinks and a packet of crackers for free everyday. The staffs are very friendly and efficient. Would like to appreciate the helpful parking/security staff too. The a la carte breakfast selections and the cafe environment was the best.

Staying coz of the location
    • Superior Twin Room

The room facilities need to refurbish again as the furnitures are old and should have atlease 1 bright ceiling light inside the room

The service is ok...

Ok
    • Superior Twin Room

The breakfast was served very late .had to wait for more than an hour for our order to be ready despite of there weren’t so many customers in the restaurant.there were only 3 customers including us. The public toilet smells bad.probably need to invest more on air freshener

The room is clean

Room was spacious.
    • Executive Suite

A little upgrade to modern concept would be added value.

Room was spacious. Bed was very comfortable. Clean and staff was friendly. We have been served ala-carte for breakfast which is reasonable. Easy parking space.

No words
    • Premium Double Room

There are no free breakfast as written on booking.com page..also meals are expensive at lodge there.

Staff are friendly and help me to refill my water bottle

Not staying here again!
    • Premium Double Room

I would have rated this hotel 10/10 but I was extremely disappointed with 2 things. 1) We normally parked our car nearby the entrance. However there was this one time when we came back from dinner, it was already late & that spot was vacant but it was blocked by a cone so I asked the reception nicely to move the cone so we could park there. But suddenly this Chinese guy (maybe he was the Management / owner) said that no car was allowed to park there because it was a no parking zone. I told him that we had park our car there for two nights & it’s fine. He insist we park our car all the way back which I think it’s ridiculous because it was also raining & I had my one year baby with me. If it was a no parking zone then why did the guard allows us to park when we arrived. I hope he’s the owner of the hotel because he was incredibly rude! 2) Upon nearing to checkout, I asked the housekeeping lady a bottle of water as I needed to make my baby his bottle but she told me they’re not allowed to give any bottle to a guest that’s ready to checkout. Now this really tick me off. I’m only asking for one small bottle which could cost up to RM1 to compare the amount we are spending to stay at this hotel. Ridiculous! Keep your damn bottle, I’ll get mine in the car.

The breakfast was done quite nicely.

Not enough brightness in the walkway of the whole floor,...
    • Premium Twin Room

Not enough brightness in the walkway of the whole floor, total payment for a room while checking out is more than the amount as expected in booking.com

comfortable one night stay
    • Premium Double Room

The bath tub has yellow stain..and there is few strands of hair on the bath tub when i first went in to the room.. too bad they dont provide comb.

Nice interior in the toilet.. provide hairdryer.. many channels from Astro.. get to watch Astro wah lai toi. The water pressure is strong.. nice to shower..it has magnifying mirror in the toilet for us to view our skin for facial skin care..provide shower cap.. toothbrush and other toiletries.

It is a good one day stay
    • Superior Twin Room

The room is quite small for us. The bed too, it quite small for a person with 168cm of height like me.

the location and amenities - they provide us with toothbrush!!

Free breakfast is quite nice and location is ok.
    • Superior Twin Room

When I booked, it was show the price below RM 150, but the price is above this value when I arrived, then I asked the staff and the staff told me that the booking is only just to confirm the room available for us and not charged yet. It was not reasonable with this price and just get a normal room.

Free breakfast is quite nice and location is ok.

Breakfast was good.
    • Superior Twin Room

Rooms are a little small. Only 2 bottles of water a room, extras will be charged. An inconvenience to customers who need to go out to get their own water.

Breakfast was good. Free car wash was unexpected. Great service by staff that sheltered us in the rain to the car. Fast check in and check outs.

Excellent.
    • Premium Double Room

Can't think of any because they made my stay comfortable.

Everything about the hotel and the people. They exceed my expectations. Before check in, I reduce my expectation because I understand it's an old hotel and cheap. But then they really made an effort to be good. So thumbs up!

Comfy & value for money.
    • Superior Twin Room

There's only one complaint I had towards the hotel. While we stayed there, there're few times electricity blackout happened. But the hotel manage to fix it quite fast. But because it happened several times, it quite annoyed us. Other than that everything's perfect for me.

the room was clean & the security guard was friendly.
    • Superior Twin Room

I have to wait 40mins to get my rooms. 5 people behind me get their rooms first & it wasnt good to wait that long as we were so tired driving all the way from KL. somemore stuck 2hrs jam om the road.

the room was clean & the security guard was friendly. location nice & easy parking.

Nice place to stay
    • Premium Twin Room

The person manning the counter when I checked in was a bit rude, but the subsequent staff that I encountered were all very kind.

The hotel was quite easy to find. Parking was also abundant, even if you parked in the municipal parking the hotel would take care of the parking coupon for you. The room was very clean and comfortable. The pillows were just right. I loved the shower , it was wonderful. The breakfast is to order and was very very nice, choices were good too. The location of the hotel is very centralized, good choices for food around the hotel, also quite near to all the tourist attractions.

Nice

Air-cond is so noisy.

Second time stay here. Hotel room is renovated, bringing a new fresh design room. Overall are good, room was clean and the breakfast also nice to eat.

On line information facility.

Bad smell along the corridor. Receptionist must be friendly - important. Restaurant served very bad meals - but the waitress was very helpful. Unpleasant outside scenery.

On line information facility.

It was value for money as well as a very comfertable stay. I liked the staff the best.

The parking space...my car got hit eventhough i parked in the given parking space.

The reception..guy name Alvin...he was soooo nice and helpful...and also the security guard name Jitendra (JB) whom went the extra mile to help me to identify the person who bang my car and ran away...and he was very warm n friendly

Like my previous stays, it was throughout great.
    • Premium Double Room

The room that I had booked online a month ago wasn't available till 10am on that actual day I arrived, that's 3.5 hrs away when I arrived at the lobby. A male staff was helpful throughout and upgraded my room...eventually.

Like my previous stays, it was throughout great. There is absolutely nothing to pick on. Did not regret to choose this hotel.

Clean, the staffs are nice.
    • Premium Twin Room

The light at the corridor dark. Feel unsecure when walk through it.

Clean, the staffs are nice. Located at center of ipoh town, easy for go hunting food. Easy to get a parking. The staff will help to clean the windscreen at the morning.

My family was very happy visiting Regalodge especially my four year old.
    • Superior Twin Room

The car park was limited. And the beds in room can be upgraded.

The cleanliness of the room were good and the staff were understanding. Special thanks to Mr.Tony who provided us a room as we have requested.

All over, this hotel is quite good, quiet location, bedroom and *shower room is clean, toiletries almost completed,...
    • Superior Twin Room

Have several mosquitoes and disturbed whole night.

A bit far walk from Ipoh city centre, at the end of main road, should across a busy road without zebra cross.

The Location & price offers. Awesome
    • Premium Double Room

Nothing to comment about the thing I didn't like as I just stayed for one night.

The WiFi too slow.... It's in the town center so not much of a problem. Easy to go out and in. Their fine dining cafe at the ground floor. - Great Food Free newspaper(s) but to collect from the reception counter (it's ok) Before u leave - they washed and wiped your windscreen. Very good!!

Over all we satisfied
    • Premium Twin Room

Would suggest for buffet for breakfast because take more than an hour to get the a la cart menu and look like short of staffing to serve the breakfast.

My daughter love the bath tub

bad
    • Superior Twin Room

This hotel is not suitable for family...the indoor pool is only meant for guys as this hotel caters for prostititues - they have a room at the 1st floor where the spa is.. .... with all the pimps is sitting there... the charge for spa at rm 48..per person... the hotel is far from places..not a walking distance at all...

Value for money!
    • Superior Twin Room

Room had a musky odour and old carpets, had to open the windows to clear the smell each time we entered.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Good and quiet location. Supplies in mini bar were free.

Good wifi connectivity.
    • Premium Twin Room

Good wifi connectivity. Location is central ....short drive to the main tourist attractions ( Concubine street, salted chicken shop and eateries ( chicken noodles n Fu San dim sum). Great for pokemon players ,,,gym at the foyer

Overall satisfied and could be improved some more.
    • Premium Double Room

The sound proof of room is not good. I could hear couple screaming on bed from corridor while passing through their room. There is a Health SPA in first floor, many customers during evening time and compete with hotel guests for the limited parking lots. WIFI speed is average.

The breakfast is great even though ala carte type...

Old but nice staff
    • Superior Twin Room

Location requires a car to get to the city centre, car park however was full on one night we were there and we had to pay for parking outside

Nice lobby, internet fast, good selection of TV channels. AC was broken in our first room but staff moved us to another promptly.

It's alright nothing special really, it's old hotel
    • Premium Double Room

Some body tried to get into my unit at 5am in the morning 4 times they tried, it was scary and my wife was alone coz I went out. She only told me after she left cos nothing happened but it was scary. Maybe someone else staying in the same floor got the wrong unit.

The parking attend and front desk are friendly

Quaint little hotel, comfortable, not too far from city
    • Superior Twin Room

Breakfast was not as in picture, I was expecting croissants as in the Booking.com picture, but there was only plain bread and danish. Orange juice was cordial...we are in Malaysia, land of fruits, how difficult is it to get fresh orange juice. Coffee could have been better, it was just colored water, this was disappointing, as were in IPOH, land of white coffee. Parking 2nd level was tight turn. We were promised city view, but just saw the shop lots view.

Mattress was a firm but pillows and comforter were nice & soft. Walkway carpet looks a little worn out.

3 star hotel but still thinking like 1 star
    • Superior Twin Room

The checking in approach need to be upgraded. I paid my room using my Maybank Debit Card. But they want me to pay the deposit via cash. I had to walk to UOB bank to withdraw money during a raining time. I had my shower there and the water leak out to the entire bathroom. They need to upgrade they front office policy as well as they maintenance standard.

The location of the hotel is near to strategic location. That the only benefit other than the spa.

It wasn't that great.
    • Superior Twin Room

The smell of the atmosphere smelt of cigarettes and the view was not that great. The toilets did not have a faucet.

The room was clean and the staff were great.

Not worth for money. Please don't stay
    • Superior Twin Room

Almost everything - staff, service, room. When 1st check in they offer 2 single bed with poor room set up. I have to demand for what i deserve for, then they offered queen size room.

Nothing, worst place to stay. When i check on booking.com, its for 2adult + 1 kid but the room allocated is Queen size bad for RM181.00. Unreasonable price.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Good value for money hotel
    • Superior Twin Room

The reception staff were not very knowledgeable when we asked about directions to the Ipoh Mural area.

The room was small but comfortable. The hotel's surrounding area was quiet in the night which was good, yet not too far from city center.

The restaurant was good.
    • Superior Twin Room

I had a twin room so only had a single bed which I don't like sleeping in.

The restaurant was good. My car windscreen got cleaned which I really appreciated.

Good and awesome service!

The toilets are full of mirrors, quite frightened me.

This hotel is not far away from the city, quite convenient for us. The staff here is very friendly. The guards are also very friendly.

Good stay if your are not the fussy type
    • Premium Double Room

The price offered by booking.com is not honored by the hotel. I hv to pay a bit more.. Another elevator is needed for quick access to room.

Free carbonated drinks n chips. Free surprised car windscreen wash. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

They top up the minibar on daily basis according to your...
    • Superior Twin Room

The wifi could have some improvement though. And what about extending the operation hours for in room dining? :)

They top up the minibar on daily basis according to your length of stay at the hotel. Fairly clean and comfortable.

The bathroom is very smell of cigarette.
    • Superior Twin Room

The bathroom is very smell of cigarette. Terrible!!!! Neigboring you can hear loud noise of piping water during bathing. NO MORE FOR ME TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!! ADDING 1 BED TOTAL COST ME TO PAID RM188PLUS . Not Worth for money.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Everything is good.
    • Premium Double Room

Everything is good. Front desk staff check in with good attitude and warm greetings. About 10mins walk to local famous Dim Sum restaurant. Complimentary mineral water and soft drinks. Friendly and helpful "Hotel/ Carpark" security old man.

Value for money, cozy little place.
    • Premium Double Room

The washing bidet of my washroom was leaking. Internet speed was tested at 1Mbps only, but I guess Ipoh was not given much choice for faster speeds yet.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is near to quite a number of famous local eats. Quiet area with no loud traffic noises. Parking space is okay, and even if the parking is full there are open parking lots walking distance away which the hotel management will ensure your car is not given any parking summons by highlighting to the local authorities with a custom marker.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Satisfied
    • Superior Twin Room

It has limited parking space.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. They offer free drinks and chips in the room. The room is clean and comfortable. They give free wifi or you can use the pc at the lobby. The location is strategic and easy to find. Affordable yet really worth every penny.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Good
    • Superior Twin Room

The scent of the room. Given room got some pungent smell. And sometimes cigarettes smell although requested nonsmoking room

The bed and the housekeeping

Still room for improvements
    • Superior Twin Room

1. Confusing; Earlier online booking step stated the price inclusive with BREAKFAST from the list of options provided. Once finished booking, it states morning meal excluded. What a shame and never experience before with online booking. 2. Poor toilet without hose pipe BUT provided with mini plastic pail. Like in the house during water shortage. 3. Curtain seems pale and too old. 4 Bedding having stains, not sure blood or what it was. 5. First-come and first-serve basis does not practice at the customer front desk during check-in. 6. A little bit strange how this hotel'd previously scored of 7.9 with customers' review.

Friendly parking assistants and welcome drinks.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

A good deal

The shower gives intermittent hot water only. It is either too hot or too cold. Should give shower with constant temperature. The spa in the hotel should be either free or at a low cost for hotel guests. Instead, it is not. After all, not many facilities in the spa.

Good location and reasonably many parking lots, although much come back early. Later comers will not find car parking space.

Bad expereince
    • Superior Twin Room

1.Smell not nice front of the door hotel room 2.Breakfast they give nasi lemak sejuk.This is my 1st experience stay along my vacation serve like this. 3.The price from oder not same after come over the counter. I wont recament people come to this hotel.So bad.

I dont like this hotel.This were 1st and last for me stay at this hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Value for money
    • Superior Twin Room

The superior room is small for three people (we added in an extra bed) but we did not stay much indoor, so this was not really a problem.

The location is great. The guard will help you find available parking if the hotel's carpark is full. In the morning, a hotel staff will clean your car's windscreen. It was a pleasant surprise. The room comes with complimentary instant white coffee and milk tea as well as a large can of coke, 100 plus and a small bag of potato chips. The staffs are really helpful too. I made a mistake by booking a wrong room online, but managed to change it when I called them and the change was already noted upon checking-in - no hassle at all.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Pleasant Stay, will come back.

Nothing so far.

1. Friendly and efficient staff. From the doorman, bellman, receptionist right to the room maid and cleaners, they are all wonderful, a credit to the bellman (a trainee) who was on duty on 27th and 28th Jan 2017, I apologize for not remembering his name. Please take a good care of him, he is the asset to your kind hotel. 2. Well maintained room. Even though the room was quite small but cleanliness and functionality of the room was well maintained. The complimentary mini bar means a lot. 3. Superb Wifi. Thumbs up! I knew the occupancy was high during my stay but the WiFi was strong enough, full bar through out the stay. 4. A milestone service. I got my car cleaned on complimentary basis. I had a peaceful sleep that night for knowing my car was well taken care off. Thanks for the wonderful card you place on my wiper. Thank you also for the Chinese New Year gift during departure. As I booked room without breakfast I did not try out the F&B outlet. Will do that during next stay.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Front desk uncle very friendly and provide us best...

Car park less as many people park their car n go massage !

Front desk uncle very friendly and provide us best information ! Bangala car park attendant help us to wash our car without us requesting , gladly appreciate !

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Overall satisfied and could be improved some more.
    • Premium Double Room

They only serve ala-carte breakfast based on menu. No fruits given. You can only choose either tea, coffee or juice. The drink is non-refillable.

It is walking distance to Ipoh Hospital, very convenient for my work. The junk food and coke in guest room is FOC, and they gave another set the second day even though first set was not consumed. You can bring them away.