Reviews of Silka Maytower Kuala Lumpur 3 stars

No. 7, Jalan Munshi Abdullah, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#257 of 512 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

The staf
    • Standard Room

My room was black out 2407 then move to 2415 and attend by the staff only..No courtesy from the manager and i didnt get any good reason except ask to change room.but the maintenance so good and the only apology i heard from him..departure call no courtesy at all...no minus..need more training

The staf 1st check in attend by khaty..2nd check in the lady staff with glasses and bit chubby..and maintenance staff

Good hotel for a good price near the city!
    • Standard Room

Just some small comments - A carpet floor and behind the bed the textil with spots, the bed sheets had some spots - but summa summarum all very nice,

The Pool is nice, the room has enough space, the shower and bathtub nice, the room full equipped tv and bathroom with soap etc.

I love all the stuff and my deluxes room such a pretty room...
    • Deluxe Room

My shower in bathroom are broken and i cant shower properly and the services are so slow. (i ask for a bowl and they didn't tell me they dont have it, and i wait for half an hour AND I CALLED THE RECEPTION, then they tell me they dont provide a bowl. Why they dont tell me earlier so that i dont waste my time for waiting. Please concern about your costumer needed.) thanks

I love all the stuff and my deluxes room such a pretty room actually for a family

Miserable and Dirty
    • Standard Room

the room was filthy there was women's hair everywhere disgusted i picked it up and threw it in the toilet... after lifting up the lid on the toilet... i discover a big mess in there...yuck. the bed sheets had suspicious stains on them one pillow case clearly had women's eye shadow on it. as was the rest of the building the same standard. really it was a very dirty place. i asked for a late check out when i checked in and the guy said yes yes yes you can check out at 2pm no problem but when 12 o'clock came around i receive a phone call.... i have to check out now. and when i told the women "hi when i checked in i asked for a late check out the guy said 2 o'clock." her reply "NO" really i did not enjoy my stay there at all.

free car parking.

The worst stay in my life!
    • Standard Room

Its opposite, you can see on pictures, which the hotel shows! dirty, old, bad smell, cockroaches!! The window was jammed, it was impossible even to air!

• Standard Room

Great location. Friendly staffs. Parking was provided for me and also for my visitors. I got upgraded, so the room was large and was great as u was travelling with my 2 years old so She had place to play in the room. Overall very clean. Would definitely come back

It near shopping mall twin towers masjid India dataran...
    • Standard Room

No welcome drink staff not friendly so fast so good

It near shopping mall twin towers masjid India dataran merdeka just walking around no need to drive car

Not worth it for the price I paid
    • Standard Room

-Oldish -No handtowels, robe, basic 3 stars toiletries. -Not very clean. -Inactive staff (After calling the frontdesk for towels, I had to personnally go get some after 3 hours) -Loud central A/C

-Maybe the location

Terrible stay
    • Standard Room

The room was dirty and the pic show in the website totally is different. Bed sheet and towel is dirty. Check in was slow and carpark machine not function. The staff who handle the issue not friendly at all.

Transportation is convenient as the bus stop was right...
    • Standard Room

The environment not comfortable as there are a lot of Bangladesh people loitering this area.It feels unsafe to stay for long and especially in the evening, it doesn't feel safe to walk outside. Food doesn't look too appetising nor attractive,there aren't many choices. On the day we checked in reception confirmed that as a booking.com genius member we are entitled to 2 hours late check out time. However the next day another receptionist refused to validate our late check out time.

Transportation is convenient as the bus stop was right outside the hotel. Free Parking is provided. Big room with bathtub and a comfortable king size bed.

Ok
    • Standard Room

The place so crowded and parking. The staff at customer service quite slow must waiting so long to check in.

The hotel so good and all facilities inside the room. Especially iron

First & Last ( Will Be Back Only For The Fried Kuew Tiaw)
    • Standard Room

The smell of the room was ROTTEN and so did the towels, just like you folded them while they are still DAMP.

Located at strategic place for shopping lover and the kuew tiaw was nice. The chef prepared my order accordingly. Thank you Chef and the guy who sent my food to the room !

everyone of us are enjoying our stay at SilkaMaytower
    • Standard Room

1. slow resond as i asked the front office to get someone to fix the curtain rail. overall ok

strategic location, taxi drop off very convenience, room okay & nearby shopping area

good.
    • Deluxe Room

my recent visit, i have been waiting for the lift for quite some time, maybe due to peak season. i did the extension check out n told the counter to pay upon check out. but my room was knocked by the worker n open the room door while m still inside just to collect the payment. its quite danger for a solo traveller like me. perhaps the counter just can make a phone call to remind about the payment to overcome this problem. thanks.

My second time staying here. first time stay was great. the location is great with the friendly staff. overall good stay with a great room which worth your money.

overall is fine to stay for short time to shopping
    • Standard Room

The location is perfect only for the toilet door was broken at a time i checked, advise to check the room first in case for any broken of toilet door or others. The air condition was not functioning it is very hot at night. Kindly improve the facilities.

Overall happy with our stay
    • Deluxe Room

Suggest the carpet in our room to be more carefully vacuumed. On first opening the door , a small round nut lay on the floor. Under the writing table I noticed another nut.

The staff were friendly and helpful. Any requests dealt with promptly such as an extra pillow, the remote control for TV. We borrowed an umbrella once when raining to go out for last minute shopping. The immediate area has plenty of shopping opportunities and cultural attractions. At this time during the Islamic fasting month there was a busy street bazaar nearby. Pleased with our room and its facilities. Quiet and relaxing. Good room service.

WORST!!!!!!
    • Standard Room

All..the worst is guest lift n staff lift was the same lift..guest have to wait for a long time to get a lift..fo staff not trained at all..even DM never smile to us..i've been to hotel from 3 stars to 5 stars..this is my first time fo asked me about my mykad..im a genius booking.com..so how come ur staff asked me if i have another mykad..my worst experience at all..pls do something about lift for staff..prefer to stay at silka cheras..its farrr away better from this hotel..

Good experience as ussual
    • Deluxe Room

Because of Ramadan we need to take breakfast early but the choice/spread of the breakfast wa a bit disappointing. Normally there is more choice.

Service of the duty manager in charge was awesome, had some bug problems in the first booked room and replacement room. After that he upgraded us to a suite which he personally checked with us. Thanks for the great service Faizal!

Very strategic location to shopping during hari raya time...
    • Standard Room

1. During check in, there was cigarettes smell very bad. 2. The room shown in picture not as in real. 3. No lockdoor in toilet. 4. Ine of the wardrobe cannot open makes us difficult to store our luggage.

Very strategic location to shopping during hari raya time and have good parking.

spacious studio suite
    • Studio Suite

Late check in. Staff was not helpful and friendly. Corridor on the 22nd floor is dirty. Fridge not working.

Studio suite room was comfy and spacious. Air con was good. However, there was tiny roaches found on the pantry area at night.

The location good.
    • Deluxe Room

The shower bath handle have problem. Room 2802.

The location good. Easy to get food& nearby to train and shopping mall. The free bus also passing by this hotel.

Reasonable to stay
    • Standard Room

This hotel located at the city..near to sogo shopping mall..Jln Tar..jakel mall..just walking for a few minutes..bandaraya and masjid jamek lrt station just 10 minutes from the hotel..recommended to everyone..and definitely will return..KL tower just a few minutes by car..the room is comfy...

dispointed
    • Deluxe Room

Call housekeeping 5 time for iron have to wait 1 hour.. already late to checkout.. Cleanliness very bad get cockroach.. i already stay so many time so this time very dispointed

the place is strategic

Terrible service. Average room.
    • Deluxe Room

Lift was very slow. Staff were not responsive. I was not offered a welcome drink at check in. I only realized that it was my entitlement after seeing it attached to my booking voucher. When i asked the reception why i did not get the welcome drink, they rudely said i should have asked for it. The reason i booked the hotel was because they offered late checkout for Genius members. At the time of check in i reminded them that i will be checking out late. On the day of checkout the reception still called me and told me to leave the room because they were fully booked for the day. It was very annoying and I am really not happy with the service that was offered at this hotel. I have stayed in budget hotels that have better service. Disappointing. The bathroom was not cleaned properly and the tub had someone else's hair in it when i checked in. The faucet was also faulty and water pressure was not good.

The room was comfortable on the whole.

Strategic place to stay, near shopping complex and mrt station. Easy to access to other places.
    • Deluxe Room

The lift for guest use very slow. Bath tub was not clean, may be the housekeeping staff need to brush brush brush more , hihi

Reservation staff very friendly and helpful. When we check in the room, got aircond problem but they resolved the problem quickly.

A general attitude problem
    • Standard Room

1 small room, small beds - ideal for very short guests. 2 pool: roofed over, open only on one side so no sun. 3 no pool towels, no chairs, only two sunloungers - not particularly welcoming or relaxing. 4 receptionist would not believe we were entitled to a complimentary late check-out. I had to show the confirmation email from booking.com. 5 staff were indifferent and made us feel we were causing them work. The few questions I asked were dismissed with a negative answer. A general attitude problem. 6 when we ordered ice from room service, they asked what for and said in a moralising tone that they hoped it was not to mix with alcohol. It is a dry hotel.

The location was excellent, in the centre with restaurants, shops, markets and malls all around within walking distance. The breakfast buffet was ample and tasty. The view from the room was superb - we were on 28th floor.

• Standard Room

The staff. Has no interest in serving us.

The spare pillow have unpleasant smell.The staff entertain another customer while serve us and talking across us..

old furnitures
    • Standard Room

the bed is not even, the room service staff was not helpful when enquired about genius late check ins

close to food places, reasonable menu prices, overall clean but the furnitures are dated

Only the staff were very friendly.
    • Standard Room

I did not mind the fact that the rooms are small but generally its condition was bad. I had to switch rooms coz the air-condition was not working.The shower was so bad, hardly any water from it. The bed sheets and the bathrooms had a nasty smell and lifts were over-crowded and scary!!! Especially when you are staying at the 30th floor. I would not recommend nor come back again. Mind you, for that price, its just not worth it.

Only the staff were very friendly. Other than that I felt there is nothing to compliment.

For the rate I paid, I know there are much better hotels. Regret the stay
    • Standard Room

While booking we were offered three types of rooms which we selected the highest. However there was no difference between the highest and the cheapest as I've visited a friend a month back when he booked the cheapest. Couldn't see much standards maintained as the staff transport used laundry, cleaning trolleys etc in the same lift as guests do. Out of four lifts one is always out of order(as I've seen a month ago too) Uses an ancient hot water system where u have to keep it one five minutes prior. That too you don't get properly balanced water. It's either extremely hot or ice cold. Maybe due to the fact that all taps and fittings are old.

Only plus point is the location and the quick check in and check out.

My stay was EXCITING! Location GREAT! I would recommend the Suites anytime.
    • Deluxe Room

Your breakfast spread needs IMPROVEMENT! The coffee & tea were yucky! I booked 2 suites and 2 deluxe room. the suites were SUPERB! however the deluxe rooms were a little upsetting. We have to ask for toothbrushes, towels, slippers etc.. Wi-fi was really bad - hope Management could do something about it.

Super rude receptionist who denied my check-in.
    • Standard Room

The staff was super rude to me. I arrived at the hotel past 12am (due to a long journey) and the whole credit card system was down even after I tried using 3 cards. I was informed by the receptionist that I couldnt check into my room unless I made payment there and then. My husband walked 5kms around the place to find ATM machines in which all the machines were not in service. I tried asking the hotel staffs if I could do an immediate online transfer to their account and they pay on my behalf by cash but they refused to help. It was very frustrating and the malay female receptionist was very rude to me and made faces even when I was thanking her in the end. I asked if she was angry and I said sorry for the trouble and she just ignored me. Silka should really consider placing polite staffs at the front desk. I waited until 3 am at the lobby until the system was back and running again in order for them to swipe my card and I could check in! Worst hotel experience ever.

The strategic location

fresh
    • Standard Room

near shops everything what more you could ask for i like the property so much cos its quit if you like to have quite place after shopping or work i like it here to have peace of mind this is the place for me its my second time i still love the place and would love to stay again the place not to much noisy crowded cos of the cars and the room is big and clean with the swimming pool the people who work here very acomudating and will take good care of you... ...

Room big and value for money.
    • Deluxe Room

Have to wait more than 15minutes for staffs tp carry our luggage due to busy and high occupancy . I have found a little cockroach at the wall near the elevator. Overall good n nice.

Room big and value for money.

Great location...value for money
    • Standard Room

The room I am staying in accommodating 2 single beds is too small, hard to move around. Certain TV channel doesn't have sound.

Breakfast is great for the value of RM19.00 per pax. The staffs are really nice and helpful. Great location.

good place to stay for business trip.
    • Standard Room

car park is very narrow and dusty.

good place to stay for business trip.got the hotel at really good rate thru booking.com very near to mosque, shopping places.

Friendly and helpful staff

I have to wait until 1.30 pm in order to check in

Helpful and friendly staff during check in and out Willing to help us to get Uber Please give credit for two ladies who gave us their extra miles

Amazing value and helpful staff
    • Standard Room

Shower was a bit too low and made for short people so we needed to duck our heads to shower.

We got a free upgrade from a standard room to deluxe. Room was spacious and clean and we didn’t see any insects at all inside the room. Bed was large and super comfortable.

The location is perfect.
    • Standard Room

Room was not clean, I saw some bugs . It was so noisy when we were sleeping in the morning coz some guy was drilling the wall in next room. So annoying. No tootbrush as well

The location is perfect.

Pleasant
    • Standard Room

The phone line in our room not working. (Room : 2312)

Spacious room with bath tub in the bathroom. The room was neat and clean. Near to shopping mall (Jakel, Sogo, Pertama, Semua House etc) and restaurants.

The location very good,value for money.
    • Standard Room

The location very good,value for money.This is the first time in my life the hotel charge me with the rate below rm 80 with big room.thank you booking.com for your cooperation without you we won't get that much rate.

The counter staff recommended me to rent the apartment and when I check out at hotel counter there’s no one willing to help me , the swimming pool looks very dirty

Comfortable and strategically located for a wonderful hotel at a budget price!
    • Deluxe Room

4 elevators but not all working during our stay. With so many guests checking in that particular day, it would be better if all elevators are working. And need the hotel third party housekeeping team to ensure all towels are ready in the room when guest checks in. Such a pain guests need to wait for few hours before getting their towels.

Location and price of room. All necessity are ready in room, i.e kettle, iron and board, basic beverage, security, etc. It comes with bath tub as well! Plenty of food outlet within walking distance. Try having dinner at the foodtruck park opposite the police station. You'd be spoil with food choices there! For the location and price, it is worth it!

The location surround with attraction place , near to the...
    • Deluxe Room

i’ve been stayed at many type of hotels in kl but i never seen a tap were below the sink then u need to bend you waist to open it.

The location surround with attraction place , near to the train . Staff very friendly . I asked their help to check in early than their actual check in time since i drove for long hour and they help me. Thank you very much .. Free parking even after u checked out.

Worth value for your money..
    • Standard Room

This time i stay, the TV channel not properly working..only 2 or 3 channel available. No iron and ironing board as usual..have to call many time to have it. Kettle and hair dryer not working at all. The sink leakage. Pls do some improvement to check the room facilities first before hand over to the guest. Overall..just ok. Will see on my next stay this sept.

Perfect location to stay. It located in the heart of city..nearby to food place and shopping area..just walk by.. The hotel is clean and provides u great hospitality. The staffs were very helpful. The most important things..it worth value for your money.

If you hate cockroaches, this is not the hotel for you!
    • Standard Room

We changed our rooms 3 times. First one (room 2525) had cockroaches and issues with the shower. Second one (room 2510) was infested with cockroaches. And finally they got us a room in the corner of the building (room 2713).

It's proximity to shopping areas like Jalan Masjid India and Jakel Mall.

Fair stay. They could have done better. Only if their staff smile more, then i will give better rat
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel lift is very slow. The check in process take so long. There are mold on the lifts surface due to water ponding.

The room is clean and spacious. Very comfortable.

Very noisy in the morning because a room beside mine was on...
    • Standard Room

Very noisy in the morning because a room beside mine was on renovation i guess. I heard a drill since 9am until afternoon. I stayed at Silka KL more than 10times, but this time i feel very bad. The management should really take this matter as a serious matter.

One of the rooms is with faulty air conditioning system.
    • Standard Room

One of the rooms is with faulty air conditioning system. The front desk assured to transfer to room with king size bed for d balance 2 night but kept silent despite specifically mentioning in booking.

Free room upgrade after calling reception two times (1 hour...
    • Standard Room

Small roaches crawling on the wall, inside the cupboard, in the bathroom, inside the mini fridge. Faulty hand wash basin that wouldn't drain. Toothbrush and toothpaste not provided.

Free room upgrade after calling reception two times (1 hour apart) regarding the issues encountered.

Service staff should use service lift or back pantry not guest lift
    • Standard Room

Some manager while waiting at the guest lift has no smile or greeting. Look at they hanphone all the time. Some manager have seat infront of the hotel cafe with others black jacket smoking. The management should look attention for detail. Understand is 3star hotel however ther service could be improve.

Girl at reception helping very much however sadly if she alone while busy handling 10 to 15 guest at the front while onther manager seat at cafe and smoking at alfresco area.

Location and the gym was nice.
    • Standard Room

Cockroaches everywhere in the room. When I called the reception a guy came up spraying the room, but a couple of hours later they were crawling allover again. Checked out one night early, no money back.

Location and the gym was nice.

The location is strategically located between walking...
    • Studio Suite

The car park entrance/exit is quite small. Need to be more careful while entering or exiting the car park.

The location is strategically located between walking distance to restaurant, shopping mall and offices. Really like the Suite arrangement

Fine
    • Deluxe Room

But old, lowest level is 22nd, it's bad for people like me who afraid of height..

Stuffs are nice! Location is good, just beside Indian street. The hotel is bit old, and the lowest level start from 22nd floor!!! I am afraid of height...

• Standard Room

Very old furniture. Have found 5 little cockroachs at the room. Check In System was not function at all. Add on breakfast was not appear in the system n no coupon was given for breakfast

Overall it's value for money and facilities are good.
    • Standard Room

The mini bar fridge was terrible. It took 12 hours to give some coolness to the some drinks are bought. The light fitting s above the bath tub fell on it's own. The loud noise gave us a shock. On the way to the gym, we had to pass a rubbish room. The door was left open and it stank. I know it's an old hotel but these are small things that could be remedied and make a guest's stay even more pleasant.

All the staff we encountered were courteous,friendly and helpful. Reception, maintenance and housekeeping. The pool is great and the gym has a nice view.

The room smelt very smoky despite it being a no smoking room.
    • Deluxe Room

The room smelt very smoky despite it being a no smoking room. This was actually quite unpleasant and altered our whole view of the place. No smoking needs to be policed much more proactively.

Many cockroaches everywhere!
    • Standard Room

Many cockroaches everywhere! In your room, in your bed, they even climb on you when you're sitting at the table! horrible! It was 23 floor but bugs were a lot! Don't recommend!

Not so friendly staff..not all but maybe u can send your staff to attend any course regarding how to smile & entertain guests with heart..

Location, clean..my son & myself had allergic to dust but we had only sneeze a few time only which is normal as both room is cleaned & dust free..thank you !

The receptionist were impolite without courtesy when...
    • Standard Room

The receptionist were impolite without courtesy when entertain guest, where they quarreling each other in-front of guest. These incident was not the first time happens at the reception counter. Hopefully the management will take immediate action to improve customer services as to keep your good reputation.

Actually hotel was ok but rooms is very small for the money.i didn’t got anything what I expected
    • Standard Room

Gymnasium no air conditioning and all the equipments are broken and old.should be replace new equipments.I have inform to the relevant people regarding the A/C but no response from anyone at all.and when we stand near the reception some of receptionist always on the phone and they don’t care about the guest.(other than ketty)when we call to the reception from the room they will never answer the phone?actuallly hotel was good but has to be change lot of things speacially don’t upload fake pic in the profile.because we didn’t get anything what they uploaded on their profile.and we didn’t get anything what we expected.

Actually I don’t like anything this hotel but receptionist ms Ketty was really good and very helpful girl and Bell boy was really good person.

Highly Recommended.
    • Deluxe Room

Since im in KL for work purpose, it is and easy access for me to go around Masjid India. Very convininet indeed. In fact I've already booked again for my next trip this coming end of April 2018.

Its caring attitude towards residents of the property.
    • Deluxe Room

It needs improvement for its breakfast. To do this the property can a varity of cakes juice etc. This wl increase consumers satifaction.

Its caring attitude towards residents of the property.

Nice and affordable place to stay in the middle of KL most famous shopping area.
    • Standard Room

Need to wait quite a while for elevator to arrive. No swimming pool towel provided, need to bring own from hotel room.

Its location are great, easy just a walking distance to shopping complex and shopping area, the swimming pool is awesome, the staff are friendly and the breakfast is affordable and sufficient.

OK..Need to upgrade customer service
    • Deluxe Room

I didn't get my booked room. I booked king bed but only get combine twin bed. Otherwise the check in process take long time to complete cause the room not ready at 3 o clock.

Great place to feel the heart of KL.
    • Deluxe Room

Spacious room. To our suprise, we were upgraded to the family room and it was really comfortable. Main attractions in KL for shopping lovers just a walking distance away. Definitely will repeat our stay here.

Great and comfortable stay
    • Standard Room

Parking exit from the hotel on Saturday

The bed was nice, aircond ok. Parking space always available. The staff were number 1. The main criteria I chose Silka Maytower is its location.

Good
    • Standard Room

Please add more and new sofa seat at the lobby hotel..sometime not enough seat..

Overall is good..I like my room can see the k.l tower,near place for shooping and parking available.

Excellence.
    • Deluxe Room

The area, so convenience for shopping.We had experience our room air con was trip due to heavy rain, on the 2nd nite of our stay..Feedback to the staff and fast response.They spare us a temp room for them to repair the aircon.Within less than 4 hrs we get back our room. To our surprise ...we had a 2 complimentary breakfast until the day we check out.Awesome team staff you had, we will definitely recommended to our family/friends and for sure will confirm coming back in our next holiday..Thumbs up!!

SilkaMaytower, one of the good place to stay in KL!
    • Deluxe Room

Everything is good! Near place for shopping/ night market, parking available at premise, easy access by public transport,swimming pool,room and toilet : all come in good packages! Affordable price! I'm definitely will come again for sure! (Tips: Ask for room with window if you make a booking.)

Great location for shoppaholics
    • Standard Room

Bathroom - no lock at the door, metal water disposer at the sink was already stuck when we arrived, so the water was not draining. No iron nor iron board. No towels at the pool.

Location - at the heart of the shopping haven of Jln TAR/Masjid Jamek, easy to find. Though the hotel is by the street, the night was calm without any 'racing' nor clubs' noise as reported in other locations like kampung baru/bukit bintang. Pool - nice and quite spacious. Wifi - great. Working water heater. No comment on the breakfast as we took a room without one - why take bfast since there's an abundance of street stalls/restaurants/kafes nearby, right? Overall worth the money. Will definitely come again

the only thing is the hotel is near to the night market.
    • Deluxe Room

hotel room is outdated. bed is horrible. can feel the spring. TV not much channel (i hate it). the window is the worst. i tried to open up the window and found a lot of sticky black dust around the window frame. please do something. could have been better.

the only thing is the hotel is near to the night market. you need to travel elsewhere by car. walking may takes few minutes but you really need to familiar with the roads there. my expectation of KL is like WOW before reaching but it was chaotic everywhere.

I love the location of the hotel.
    • Standard Room

There are alot of cockroaches from the baby to the medium size. Infact the cockroaches even can enter the fridge. Cause the fridge door is loose. We stay in room 2119.

Ok

Stuck in a ramshakle in KL.
    • Standard Room

The room ambience is horrible. The carpets are tired and very old. The cable tv is horrible. Very few channels to view. It is in a very sorry state,needs a spruce up urgently. If not am sure will have more unsatisfied guests.

Only the location.Its a very easy to travel to any part in KL.

Ok comfort but need to improve the cleanliness and smell of the bathroom
    • Standard Room

Bathroom was bit smelly. Tv have limited channels. Not enough sofa at the lobby, got lots of people laying down.

Location is good. In the centre of KL. Comfy bed. Wifi was very good. Very fast check in and check out at counter.

Browse Silka Maytower Kuala Lumpur traveller photo gallery