2. Malaysia hotel reviews
  3. Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory hotel reviews
  4. Kuala Lumpur hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Simms Boutique Hotel

Reviews of Simms Boutique Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

180 Jalan Pudu, Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#389 of 532 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

- got water dispenser outside the room
    • Standard Triple Room

- room is not so clean - check in at 2pm but still room aren’t ready. Given the other room while the actual booked room (family suite) is being cleaned. - water heater in bathroom not functioning at all. - asked for extra towel (because we are all three) the staff said that only 1 towel provided. - staff not all friendly.

- got water dispenser outside the room - hotel location is walking distance to the town

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

The acceptionists are friendly
    • Standard Single Room

Asking many time for a new towel. The air condition didn't work! Did not clean the room everyday

The acceptionists are friendly Good place, near the train station, night market and some other places

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Worth for the money you paid.
    • Standard Single Room

Facilities are bad, no soap, no dental kit, aircon got problem. But for the money paid, can’t expect much.

Worth for the money you paid. Don’t except much other than a bed with aircon and attached bathroom. Wifi is very fast and works perfectly well Aircon sometimes doesn’t work.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

The bed was okay but those pillow is to soft.

About the online rooms booking it hppen t me two times.by a day i already book a room..and theres a rooms was still available.but when i came to the hotel.the staff was telling me tht is no room anymore.and no one from the hotel give me a cll to inform..

The bed was okay but those pillow is to soft.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

No next time.
    • Standard Triple Room

When I checked in I can see cockroach on the dusty table. The toilet paper is totally wet. And the shower head holder is spoilt. The room is smelly. The room is so hot and the aircorn controller is not working. Requested the staff to change room but he said ard fulled. But then he still can arrange room for walk in customer. He only gave me a new toilet paper and another controller, but it still not working tho. I booked this hotel because of the good review, but then I was totally disappointed when I stepped in the room. No need to be classy but at least it should be tidy and clean. Duh, worst experience ever.

The bed is soft and comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Very nice and it is a budget hotel. I have enjoyed city life.

During booking I have seen the facilities that didn't match. But everything is there in common place.

I would like to mention specially about Linda. She is very nice and helpful. All the staff members are very nice.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Got many problem with the hotel.
    • Standard Single Room

The facilities not completely,got many problem from the hotel,than has customer always come and not satisfied with the facilities hotel.

FO always good and very nice person.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

totally out of my expectation.
    • Family Room

they gave me a room diffferent with i booked.. the room that i booked was supposed 1 smal bed, 1 bunk bed, and 1 large bed. but they gave me a room with 2 queen size bed. the room is too small. they said they would give the remote of the TV, but till i checked out no one come.

well, the location is near from shopping area

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Everything sucks except for location

The staff came to knock my door at 10.30am and asked if we're checking out or extending. We said we'll check out. My bf left around 11.15am. When I went to check out my room around 11.45am, the girl at the reception said my room has been check out from their system and my deposit was taken by my bf. All these while, I manage the finances and after I called to check with him, I was right. I insisted my bf didn't take the deposit. The girl called her colleague and he insisted my bf took the money which I'm certain he didn't. I request to view the cctv which the girl replied only the boss have access to it. I told her to call her boss and I can go make a police report. She then called her colleague again and passed the phone to me. After hearing my explanation and I wanted to make a police report, the girl returned my deposit to me. TV and WiFi not working. No hair shampoo

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Good enough for a day but the poor maintenance is repelling. It's great because of it's location.
    • Standard Triple Room

A lot of cockroaches in the room and there's no cleaning service (the one at chowkit had cleaning services). Triple bedroom is actually only suitable for two not three people as the rooms are too compact, hardly enough space to keep anything. Bathrooms are poorly maintained.

The reception staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect and is close by to many interesting and important places.

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

Day Staff was friendly, night shift not so friendly.
    • Standard Triple Room

I found "Friends"(Small Roach) in the room. Need to clean up more. To be frank, won't go back

Day Staff was friendly, night shift not so friendly. If you just need a bed it's alright for the price

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

Good transit hotel to stay a night or two.
    • Standard Single Room

It is a bit old property with old doors and stuff inside the room. Room was not very clean and smelly too. Clearly hear everything happening in the next room including toilet activities. TV didn't work in my room and room service guy couldn't fix it. Along with the room key card they provide both AC and TV remotes and when checking out without bringing them to the reception they won't return the 50 MYR deposit.

The location is the main reason to book this hotel as it is in a walking distance to the Berjaya Times Square. It is also near to the Imbi monorail station. Bangladeshi girl at the reception was very friendly and helpful also the guy from Sri Lanka.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Location good

Room & toilet dirty. The wall need to be paint nicely. Water heaters no function. TV out of order & no good channel. A lot cockroach & bugs. Room smelly. Air con not cold. Hotel maintenance very poor.

Location good

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

If I am visiting KL again, I am definitely staying in Simms Boutique Hotel.
    • Standard Single Room

I could not find anything to complain as it is was the best budget hotel i have ever stayed in. I took a single room and i was very satisfied with the services and accommodation.

I requested for an extra pillow and was provided promptly. They were super comfy. The receptionist girl Linda was outstanding. She was very helpful during the stay in hotel. Anna also took care of all the necessary things that I needed. Whatever you need, just ask them.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Fine
    • Family Room

The air conditioning in our room is leaking for one night and we made a complaint to reception to ask them to fix it and give us more towels to put on the floor because the air conditioner is very near to our bed .

The reception girl name Linda is very friendly and helpful . We like her . Thank you for the warm welcome linda

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Being wake up per a man saying "Second action"

Lot of taxes so price very different than first price write in booking. Room smells smoke of cigarette but is not a smoker room..

Being wake up per a man saying "Second action"

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

price for drink water is acceptable, not so expensive

have coakcroach inside room, small room and hard for us to praying, air conditioner remote control are not able to use, channel tv also not clear

price for drink water is acceptable, not so expensive

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Staff were friendly, very nice lobby, good location with...

This is a budget hotel, very cheap rooms. But you get what you pay for... Smells like cigarette smoke at different times every day. The AC was leaking at times, and both the origional and replacement remote control we got didnt work. So noisy at all hours of the day and night. People shouting and stomping up and down the hallways in the middle of the night.

Staff were friendly, very nice lobby, good location with night market nearby.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Stay away

I usually won't write a bad or long review, but this place crossed the line a little. First off, they make up a fake %10 extra charge "booking.com fee" which they are not allowed to do. I would make a claim but it was just 4myr so I let it go. But it brought the advertised 36 myr to 52myr, because there already is a 10myr foreigner tax, plus 6% local tax. So it's not cool at all to get slapped with some extra made up fee. When I expressed this I got this stern look and the receptionist played dumb repeating herself. Not cool. Second, the room was dirty and the towels were dirty with obvious hairs. They just don't seem to care at all. Room was deceivingly small and uncomfortable. This place the difference between photo and reality was way too far. There is nothing boutique about this place at all. Maybe in its first few years, but definitely far from it now. Skip if you can.

Location is OK. Not far from monorail station which gives easy access to bus terminal to get to the airport.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

It was good experience ! And u should work on rooms and wifi as well! But i’ll miss your lobby !
    • Standard Twin Room

Rooms are so small ! U have given pictures in booking.com and there u mentioned they are big and lively! But honestly they are not!

Yeah! I was comfortable with the services of kali ..! Mean your cleansweeper ! When i call him fro any service ! He always said yes! So he was so good at all ! The receptionlists delux and indonesian boy was hospitable and good!

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Value for money

No housekeeping cleanup the room throughout my 3 nights stay

Cheap price. Comfort & clean room. Easy access to public transportation ie monorail, LRT & MRT. Alot of shopping complexes, eateries & entertainment center nearby.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Online picture nice but when walk in really bad.

The door is very bad. When go in inside bathroom no bath shower or shampoo. Once call and inform then only they provide. And aircond no really cool

The hotel located in main location. Easy to find the hotel.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

AWFUL

Room was tiny and extremely unclean! Hairs all over the bed and pillow. The room was clearly dirty. Bed was very uncomfortable! Do not stay here!!!!! There was even cockroaches about the hotel

NOTHING apart from location

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Nice stay
    • Standard Single Room

Parking area at the back was ok but there is a man asking for parking fee even it was DBKL area. RM3-5 was ok but he asked for RM10. Haha

Room,cleanliness, location was ok.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

Location was near Jalan Alor

I had to pay all 4 rooms in cash since they didn't accept credit card that time. When we arrived, our booked rooms weren't available. We were asked if instead of 2 double rooms if we could just share a quadruple.

Location was near Jalan Alor

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Good location and close to Alor foods street
    • Standard Single Room

Local TV channel not working well and no astro station. No electric kettle provide for boiling hot water for tea or coffee!

total privacy and friendly staff

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

the worst ever hotel that I've stayed

the room are small 96sqft !! which they have been saying it was 161sqft inside booking.com.. practically these hotel is a biggest liar! I even told this matter to the receptionist, he is very clueless, and told me all room are come with the same size!! and he don't even know their room size. I don't even get an free early check in as I'm a genius member, I am entitled for that, but the guy insisted to charged me for that service!! the room are so dirty and got cockroaches inside the room!! never ever stayed in this hotel... never trust the room size, it's only 96sqft instead of 161sqft.. never trust the picture. the room is really dirty..

the lobby are nice

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

First. And last. It's not a boutique hotel at all
    • Standard Twin Room

I've order for twin bed but I receive a queen bed. When I complain the twin bed price that I paid was higher than queen bed the staff said " it's only 2ringgit different " well. No apologies but the staff seems make fun on me.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Recommended for budget traveling
    • Standard Single Room

Bedcover and sheet didn't not be changed when I checked in my room, smelled like someone sleep before on it...

Location is nearby station, bukit bintang street, jalan alor, and some marts and berjaya time square Friendly staffs Water dispenser is available

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

location, pretty close of train station.
    • Standard Single Room

when arrived the guy in reception took too much time to find my room, they didn’t have room to me actually so they give me something not clean, that means the sheets had hair, the blanket had blood marks and smelled like someone slept there before. nothing is like they show in pictures, no kettle, no glasses... no windows in the room. people shouting whole day and night.

location, pretty close of train station.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Bad service
    • Standard Single Room

The service provided by the staff is unprofessional. The rooms didn’t meet my expectation, remote control and air condition remote was not provided. There’s no telephone to phone the front desk. Toilet was wet when I entered. Facility like Visa and MasterCard was not provided as mention.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

This is such a recommended hotel for budget traveling with kind and friendly staffs
    • Family Room

Room wasn't ready yet when I checked in to the hotel

Friendly staffs, roof top, nearby hang tuah station, nearby berjaya time square and jalan Alor

• Reviewed: August 5, 2018

Bad hotel
    • Standard Single Room

There location on booking is wrong The room not clean They don't wake up me although they say we will do And it's very very very very noisy

The truth location

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

my first and last

the facilities of room . there have no towel n they did not give us the wifi pasword even i already ask at the addtional message before i make a booking .

the staff very nice and helpfull

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Price very cheap.
    • Standard Single Room

Have to wait 15min to check in & check out. Nobody in the counter. Staff not friendly. No smile, greeting, sour face etc. TV not working. What's the point of having TV if its not functioning.

Price very cheap. Location is superb.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Dirty but good location
    • Standard Single Room

It was very dirty, dirty sheets with hairs and the cover smells very bad, dirty everything floor and bathroom. You can not pay with card even if in the website said that you can. It smells cigarette sometimes.

Good location.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

The location is superb!

Some rooms don’t even have a window or enough space to open the suitcase. Bad oder in some parts. We had to change rooms several times. Some rooms didn’t even have plugs or provide a way to charge your devices.

The location is superb! You can safa a lot of money! You can walt everywhere

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Bad

First was the reception..he was busy wechatting with his girlfriend/wife instead of clearing out the registration as quick as possible. Second was the room..got a windowed room but they put a laced and thin curtain which to no point of use to make ur stay private. The bed was bad plus the pillow too..heater doesnt work.airconditioning was bad too. Parking was bad too..

Only the location was good.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

The location is great.
    • Standard Triple Room

We’ve informed the hotel about our early check in and they confirmed that we can get the room early with additional charge. When we arrived at the property, the staff informed us that the family room we booked will be available early in the morning at 9AM. Instead, he gave us 2 rooms, single and double room. Expecting that transferring of room will happen early in the morning (as what the staff said), we have decided to delay our plan in going out. At 9AM, we asked another staff if we can transfer to the room which we actually booked. But the latter said that it will be available at 2PM. Disappointed and tired because we havent had a decent sleep, we’ve waited until 2PM and then asked again the same staff. we asked him 3x before he told us that we can transfer to the room. The room was small for 3 beds, TV is not working, A/C is not functioning well and they dont have adapter. So, you must bring one. All are basic.! You got what you paid for. But the worst thing is, it seems that they dont change bedsheet and pillow cases. We saw hairs everywhere. some are like pubic hair. We are 3, my boyfriend and my mom both got short straight black hair and mine was blonde. But the hairs we saw were long and black, some are curly and some are short and curly.

The location is great. Located near Bukit Bintang where you can find malls and food stores.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

An average stay
    • Standard Single Room

The staff aren’t the most helpful. I asked for toilet paper twice but house keeping never bought any up.

The room is relatively small and a bit dark but really comfortable with a good shower. It was also really quite in the evenings considering it’s next to a street full of bars.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Good place for budget travelers
    • Standard Single Room

Great place to stay. It's clean and safety . Wifi is good. Staffs are friendly. Bedsheets are clean. Good location Walking distance for Times square, lowyat plaza.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

FEEL LIKE HOME
    • Standard Single Room

How can I say , really nice place with friendly staffs , Room is not big. But compare to the price which I paid it’s great , attached bathroom with air conditioning,& fox channels make my trip more easier , the best part is location, I can get what ever want in just walking distance, Times Square , low-yat plaza very famous Jalan alor food street , 100 over Restaurants In just walking distance below then 5 minutes , I can highly recommend this place for strategic location , Not more then 300m u can get public transport monorail imbi station, MRT Bukit Bintang station , & u can get Singapore bus station too , i do notice linens all are new & they recently renovated this place coz I have stayed one year back , compare to that it’s totally different, the best part is it’s just little away. (4minutes walking ) from night life , so it’s help us to had a good sleep , Will come back soon cheers,

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

RECOMMENDED
    • Standard Single Room

Its was a great stay and friendly staff The location was heart of bukit bintang, Every places was near to the hotel Room was clean as well when i entered to th room

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Simms boutique hotel = seems dodgy fishy too..rent at your own peril🖕
    • Standard Single Room

Staff was slow and unresponsive to the needs of guests...my room tv was not working...ask staff to change room they claim we are full...ask staff to repair the tv they say staff maintenance already went home for the day...worse my next door neighbour just arrived rent 2 rooms 1 room toilet tap had no water they had to take turns to use the 1 room toilet only!!...DO NOT SEEK ACCOMMODATION AT THIS HOTEL...AVOID AT ALL COSTS....WHATS THE POINT IN SAYING WE GET WHAT WE PAY FOR COS IT'S CHEAP WHEN THERES NOT EVEN BASIC NECESSITY LIKE WATER! AND TV!!!...BASIC NEEDS MUST BE ATTEND TO IMMEDIATELY REGARDLESS IF IT'S CHEAP!!...STOP THIS PRACTICE OF SHOWING IGNORANCE AND DISREGARDS OF GUESTS NEEDS....IF YOU CAN'T ATTEND TO THINGS THAT ARE BASIC DON'T DO BUSINESS IN THE HOTEL INDUSTRY!...YOU MAKE EVERYONE FEEL SCAMMED!!!!🤔

Location only

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

others than tv

tv channel

others than tv

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Late checkin.
    • Standard Single Room

Late checkin.. Arriving 8am. Checkin 12pm.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Nice place to stay

room to small and no window

nearby bukit bintang

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Room with out window

Room with out window

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

missing all of u guys😭

Hotel staff specially a receptionist gal ✌I from her name umm she was from Bangladesh..She was very frndly and well behaved with all.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Most prefered

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Room rate cheap and location good
    • Standard Single Room

Please enhance the room cleaning.. Below the bed full of small cockroaches.. The floor map seem like no change..

Room rate cheap and location good

• Reviewed: November 29, 2018

tv channel only have 3?? Not clear the channel.

tv channel only have 3?? Not clear the channel. So sad.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Good!
    • Standard Single Room

Imbi's morning market is close! Imbi's morning market has very very delicious foods. My recommended place!

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

It was value for money
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The quadruple room was small

The location was great...

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Will not come again.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

no plug for phone charger. no remote tv. broken remote air-cond. bed-sheet and pillow case seems like very dirty.

Big bed

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Nice place to stay.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The location is very near to Bukit Bintang and Jalan Alor.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

From 1 to 10, I gave 5
    • Standard Single Room

Single room has no plug point and tv not clear

The bed is comfortable

reception girl first timing is very beautifull please

reception girl first timing is very beautifull kindly send me mobile number please

reception girl first timing is very beautifull please

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

I like more better bed

I don't like bed

I like more better bed

Very nice experience
    • Standard Single Room

Linda the receptionist was a very welcoming lady

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

It's good for budget hotel and has perfect spot to go places in bukit bintang.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room is too small and broken plug on the wall.

I like the location spot is very convenient to go eat and shopping.

THE LOCATION WAS GREAT.
    • Standard Single Room

THE LOCATION WAS GREAT.STAFF WAS SPORTING .

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

I booked for king bed but i get 2single bed.

I booked for king bed but i get 2single bed..

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Worth for money.
    • Standard Triple Room

The staff could be more helpful.

Walking distance to most of the shopping mall at bukit bintang.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Friendly staff.

Bed was old. Toiletries were upon request. Should just prepare for guest. Water heater not functioning. Aircond not cold enough.

Friendly staff.

Regret for rent there

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Great value and location
    • Standard Triple Room

My room didn’t have any windows

Great value and location

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Location was good.

Room very small. Not ready at 2 pm

Location was good. Parking was available close by

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Lowest price

Poor on cleanliness

Lowest price

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Nearby restaurant & mall

Room & bed sheets dirty. Air cond spoil.Very small room & smelly room not comfortable

Nearby restaurant & mall

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Suitable for backpackers and one night stay only.

Space too small.

Suitable for backpackers and one night stay only.

Browse Simms Boutique Hotel Traveler Photo Gallery