Reviews of Sungei Wang Hotel 2 stars

74 - 76 Jalan Bukit Bintang, Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#105 of 512 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

• Deluxe Queen Room

Our room was an interconnected one but the door was locked, of course, but one of the staff actually unlocked the connected door without verifying if we were in the room by knocking or checking with the front desk beforehand. I was sure I put out the "Do Not Disturb" label already but it's easily missed when one is occupied and busy.

The location was really ideal! I was actually able to access places I wanted to go just by walking. Jalan Alor to the left, Pavilion/Lot10/KLCC further up. Whew! It's easy to get a Grab car from this hotel as well. Awesomely fast check-in and check-out. Loved it!

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bed sheet have blood stains and other colour stains, I think the bed sheet is clean, but I found it is digesting when I saw the stains. When I enter the room, it smelled strange, found my room's window were open wide and my room is on 1 floor, behind the rubbish ally, although the staffs say they open all the windows in the room for better air circulation, but I think they should consider on the safeness and environment.

The staffs are friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room needs repairs. There are ceiling damages at the front on the ceiling where the emergency light is. Also there are damages below the fridge and side table where the formica covers have come off. There are some chips and bruises on the wall near the toilet and shelving area which needs beautifying. There is a window which can be opened for fresh air, and the outer wall needs cleaning and new paint. A hair dryer installed would be better than added food and drinks or a condom in my opnion.

I like that my every request of staying there at a specific room, it is fullfilled. And the staff is helpful with many of our needs upon check in and during our stay.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Small room a bit dumpy. We were at 5 floor but still the smell of chicken kebab from the guy downstaires is lingering in the room especcialy in the bathroom. Because streetside a bit noisy.

Location and friendly staff

Maintenance should beautify the rooms and repaint the walls and change some lights in the recessed ceilings. The stairwell should be cleaned and walls painted and carpets continue all the way up. The room is not sound proof, so when guests come back 2 or 3 am and can hear them talk loudly. The tv channels are so few. The tv should be upgraded to HD digi box or something more up to date. There is no hairdryer. You can invest in many more amenities to upgrade the rooms’ quality but maintain the good prices.

I like staying on the lower floors coz it has a stairwell access to the Lobby. I used to stay at Taichu Hotel next door, but the staff were not so friendly and not helpful to guests. So we moved to Sungei Wang Hotel long ago and was impressed with (at the time) the spacious lobby and airconditioned halls even on the room floors. The internet wifi is decently fast and the room service provide clean towels and other amenities everyday. The location of the hotel is great. It’s located on Bulit Bintang’s main road and many shops open till late. The hotel is also nearby Times Square, Pavillion, Farenheit, Lot10 so there is a variety.

• Standard Twin Room

The blankets wrapped in bedsheets was a terrible idea. The room I stayed in didn’t have any windows or source of natural light, we couldn’t tell day from night.

The cleanliness of the bathroom was good. The privacy respect gets a bonus. The location of the hotel is very convenient.

• Standard Single Room

I suggest that the room needs to be clean and the bed sheets need to be prepared clean since even the new ones were still not clean.

The hotel was very near to the shopping places and it was so easy for me to go here and there to buy foods and any other necessities since the hotel was very near to the 24 hours shop such as that of 7 eleven and KK Mart and even the money exchange was very near to the hotel.

• Deluxe Twin Room

There are times when everything just seems to fall to pieces. Hotel Sungei Wang is definitely not the same as Sungei Wang Hotel, yet this establishment claimed both and it is a far cry from the Sungei Wang that everyone has in their mind. True, it is not their fault but there are a number of factors that imprinted the image into my mind. This establishment received rather high marks for their facilities and service. I found out that they are totally untrue. The reception is like the side road with lights, it is narrow and does not look like a reception and the receptionist/check-in personnel is less than friendly, he tried, a little too hard I should say, but you can see and feel that it is not genuine and what he said came out sounding rather rude. I have book a room for two and at check-in, I requested for two card-key and was informed without an apology that it is not available. Can anyone imagine any hotel with any class unable to provide a second key to a hotel guest? I have booked for a queen size bed and it turn out to be a double bed instead. From my observation the room is a typical 2 star hotel. Very bare necessity and very old and in disrepair. The towel has been used for years and I would not use it for wiping my feet – I had to go out and buy myself a bath towel. It is also very strange how the paper thin walls of the hotel seems to amplified noise of adults talking and children running and screaming – how anyone can give it such high recommendation bring to question if the contribution are genuinely provided or fake contribution by management. It is bad enough with the constant noise outside the room, inside the room I was baptized by the air condition that leaks and wet even my bed which rouse me out of bed in the middle of the night. And I can’t even get some entertainment as the TV only has 12 channels and 80% are local production. The entire stay has been a total disaster and is not worth the price being charged.

• Standard Twin Room

Just be aware it is a budget hotel and they do their best for the price - but don't be expecting fluffy white towels and contemporary designed rooms.

Unbeatable location for shopping and eating. Great value for money. Happy staff. Room had everything you need. Perfect base for a 5 day Xmas shopping mission, esp if you're not planning on spending much time in the room. Would stay again.

• Deluxe Queen Room

One thing I noticed was that facilities in the room (tea, coffee, shampoo etc) were not replenished daily.

Staff were very friendly and helpful when I was trying to make plans around KL. I arrived super late and check in was very easy. Wifi was fast and room was clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room

There were two problems to be aware of: 1. Make sure you advise when booking if you require a NON-SMOKING room. My allocated room had a dreadful strong cigarette smell as soon as I opened the door. Staff did not have a non-smoking room available but sprayed the room several times daily which really helped until an alternative room was found 2 days later. 2. Please note that although Bkg.com room descriptions, indicates there are room safes, a recent renovation of the hotel has resulted in all being removed!

This is a really good hotel, probably better than all the similar budget hotels along this section of Jln. Bukit Bintang. Note BOOKING.COM HAS AN INCORRECT LOCATION ON THEIR MAP, which could cause major inconvenience to new arrivals. No meals provided, there are plenty of options within 100 metres. I found all the staff to be very helpful.

• Standard Single Room

once out, no electrical power. its hard to charge the phone and the power bank. at least, if there is a power, we can just leave it there until the battery is full.

air conditioning is really good. toilet is clean. heater, refrigerator are good as well.

• Standard Twin Room

When we left we noticed a cockroach in our room. We stayed for three days so a bug can happen, but we appreciate not seeing any at all.

Great location (Bukit Bintang)!

• Deluxe Twin Room

The location which is at the center of Bukit Bintang. Easy access to food and shopping malls and also the monorail. Room is decent and clean. Towels are clean with nice smell. Just take care because around the area are pubs and clubs and also lots of ladies offering massage service.

• Standard Single Room

The space for the shower in the bathroom could be bigger than it was now.

The room was spacious for a solo traveller. It was value for money. The staff in the receptionist desk was being very helpful. There were various shopping malls nearby the hotel.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The street was a bit seedy and not an area for families no in room safe deposit box but they have one at reception

Great location close to Pavilion mall and other shopping centres also close to public transport staff were friendly and helpful room was small but comfortable some noise at night from street close to food street and many restaurants and bars

Naaaaaaah ! All is ok !

Coz it secure.. staff are very friendly and they using have a good hotel standard .. the location are the star in the town many thing and many we can find neaer by.. good for traveller good for bisnes good for family good for shopping and ! Good for saving its very valuable... i wont be hesitate to stay for the next visit.. :) SEE YOU SOON !

• Standard Twin Room

Hotel was very good with clean spacious room....drinking water available all the time....located at the heart of bukit bintang the most lively and happening area with plenty of options for food and shopping....mono rail and MRT is jst at the corner from property....would surely recommend this property

• Deluxe Queen Room

1-staff is good but without any help in transport luggage2- the staff only gave me the key of room and I had to find the door without staff!! 3- At last when I find the room in my room I saw some small insects in all of walls and .. that beat my skin? I said to staff about the insects and the staff only killed them with some spray insect killers!!!

the location was good and is the only good thing about this budget hotel

• Deluxe Queen Room

On the first day, during check in time, one of the receptionists attitude was not satisfactory. But later it was normal for the last two days. Making up the room was not proper. Bins were not cleared for two consecutive day of my 4 night stay.

The bed was OK and comfortable. Food shops were very nearby. late night activity around that area was entertaining.

• Family Suite

In evening not too friendly for family (children), found 1-2 aggresive offering for massage girl. Some trans show on the street (late evening to early morning)

Good location, just beside Alor street, hawker centre. Mall with food court, shopping, etc Close to hop on hop off station, close to KLCC, KL sentral, etc Wifi is very good

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Standard Twin Room

They take my deposit all is around rm100 and extra they charge me rm50,so total they charge me rm150 for just make dirty on the bedsheet sheet,it's really annoying,just for one bedsheet sheet they charge rm150 even the room I pay rm118 only for one night,just the bedsheet is more expensive from the room price . they charge because on the bedsheet got stain,I been check in five star hotel but not expensive like on this 2star hotel..So beware who make any dirty or anything on the bed,u gonna pay more than from the room price,definitely I won't come to this hotel,never ever,

• Standard Twin Room

The only problem was wifi. It was good at lobby but on 3rd floor it was too weak. My friend changed his room to 5th floor and problem was solved. Some rooms have no windows, take into consideration if you have claustrophobia.

Price for the room was very good. Location is very close to Jalan Alor. You can easily find different kind of food and also very cheap souvenir shops around hotel. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Queen Room

For me minor things: Room not spacious. No duvet with cover, just blanket with linen. No safe deposit box in the room (however at the reception). All in all it is simple, but considering the great location and the price it is still very good value for money. I would come again. Upstairs rooms (5th/6th floor) are preferable because of the view (if the room has windows). (I had deluxe room which include a window. I cannot evaluate the standard room without window.)

Great location (close to where the action is at night, close to food stalls, close to monorail station). Good value for money. Quiet (at least if room to rear side). Friendly staff. The deluxe rooms with queensize bed upstairs (5th or 6th floor) have view to KL Tower and some even to Petronas Twin Towers.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

When we arrived on the first day, the toilet in our room smelled awful and there was a huge cockroach.. We have to buy glade so that the smell would go away and it did. Other than that the room was ok.

Tiled floor

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Standard Twin Room

window view not really helpful to see outside view because the aircon located, to see down our hotel was block by the aircon.

Bed is so comfort, aircon is good, cleanliness very good.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room had some areas rotten spots such as paint moulding that needed serious attention. We stayed at Room 117 and the room needed new paint in some areas.

Location of our room was next to a nearby staircase.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel has dark and dimmed corridor and very narrow lift. Small rooms.

Excellent location at the heart of Bukit Bintang area. Helpful staff and clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Water supply a bit low on upper level of the hotel.

This is our second time staying at Sungai Wang Hotel. It's worth repeating the stay. Helpful staff. Reliable WiFi connection. Excellent location.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Bad smell of smoke in room and corridor.Noisy guest at night and at 6.00 a.m.Housekeeping close at night and no spare toilet paper,no refill coffee.Problem of water in the shower.The worst we got only 1 keycard.

The location to mall.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

They did not give me the room i booked, they gave me a very small room until i complaint about it then they did the necessary for the change, and they don't even have a telephone for local call in the hotel even though you want to paid for it.

it's very near to many shopping mall in KL and restaurant the location is nice and quiet at night

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Standard Single Room

I experienced better facilities since the last time I stayed with my friend. The options of paperless check-in, cancel booking and payment arrangements are appealing.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The front pathway towards the hotel still on construction.

Everything from service to the bed i love it all..very convenient and near to pavillion, jalan alor, time square.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Standard Twin Room

They are the best people in the world, the hotel is an excellent place and the treat of hotel staff is excellent in agood manners and i remember one from them Who's respected sister her name is Farida and also others...

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Water supply intermittent, water yellowish like mud water. Towel did not look clean and like floor towel. Shower door did not operate properly and after shower the bathroom all wet.

Only the location is good

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Very small toilet area you so it is a problem in the sitting if your hight was more than 180 cm Also towels are old and dirty

Great location Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Corridors smelt of smoke, room was a bit tired looking.

Good location for Bukit Bintang (if that's what you want) Hotel let me store my bike there for a week before I stayed.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

My room facing other building and its noisy due to my room is on 1st floor. U can hear staff talking outside. Other than that is fine

Near to pavilion, monorail, low yat plaza and walking distance to berjaya times square

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

Probably need a proper night guard or a security man at the door. They put in place their regular day time porter on midnight duty & sometimes strangers sleep in the chairs. Not sure if they are hired or actual staff.

The staff is friendly and helpful. The wifi is very good on all floors. The location is ideal for shopping in Bukit Bintang. There's a money changer downstairs, and a covenient store across, and Albasha kebabs are good!

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

None.

Excellent location. Near to PV and Berjaya times sq (via rapidKL) Good for budget hotel. No problem with wifi. Efficient when we requested for iron and iron board.

Like the friendly staff

clean and safe

I like this hotel

• Standard Single Room

The location was great is in the heart of Kuala Lumpur surrounded with shopping mall and place to eat.

Clean

• Deluxe Twin Room

Clean, location, friendly staff...I like all. Including the price, worth n value to money.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Lift. Taking some time to get the lift.

The cleanliness.

• Standard Twin Room

Uncomfortable pillow, no hairdryer and the room not enough lighting

Aircond a bit noisy

Clean, spaces

• Deluxe Queen Room

Many food at night market

• Standard Twin Room

location friendly staffs clean facilities

• Standard Twin Room

Some of the room has no window.

Its more confort if some of the room place with carpet to make it safe for kids.

none

good location...5min to shoppinh mall....nice room and service provided...all perfectly awesome

Spacious room and comfy

• Deluxe Queen Room

the bed is very comfy & the safety is very good. definitely will stay there again. very convenience, easy to find food along the area.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The water volume of the shower too small, too noisy from surrounding building, recommended for night life seeker

Easy to find a meal

Cigarettes smell

Location,wifi comfort bed

Great location, friendly staff

Room is a bit small

Room rate much difference but type of room not much different

Near to shopping area

nothing to complaints

location, cleanliness, comfortable, prices cheapest...

Cheqp

Airconditoner and room key

• Standard Twin Room

Would love to have a hairdryer

Location and comfortable bed

• Standard Single Room

Too small and old room, all facilities was old

Located in central

Location. Helpful staff.

Room

Best

• Standard Twin Room

Near to food stall and shopping complex

• Standard Twin Room

No room service provided even after I request at the reception. Mineral water was not replaced after request.

near to shopping mall and eateries

Noisy at night

Clean, friendly staff

Ok

• Deluxe Twin Room

Insufficient of car park, they have 3 only. First come first serve.

plenty of food and easy access to public transport convenient.

I like every thing.