Reviews of Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa 5 stars

Persiaran Lagoon, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#51 of 512 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

• Club Double or Twin Family Fun Package

The door in bathroom doesn't have lock. It is inconvenient when you have elder children of different gender.

Extra large room, spacious bathroom, excellent service, very good breakfast, free drinks, free laundry, free tickets to sunway lagoon for club rooms, very smooth checkin and checkout, nice pool, nice view of lagoon from the window. My expectations from a five star hotel were exceeded. Thank you! Happily recommend, especially to families with children.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

Choice of breakfast for local and western need to be extended.

Junior suite is very nice. Spacious bathroom, comfy bed and pillows. The hotel smells like spa everywhere. Really calming. Walking distance to Sunway Pyramid and Sunway Lagoon.

• Premier Double or Twin

Excellent location. Direct access to Sunway Theme Park and Shopping Mall. Very comfortable beds, good sized rooms. Very thoughtful service by Julian from reception.

• Premier Double or Twin

There was only 1 extremely slow self serve machine which meant there was always a queue.

The room was big, staff were very nice and accommodating. The buffet breakfast has a large variety however, because it's busy there is a queue for some items. The water park is amazing.

• Premier Double or Twin

Everything was nice, if only body lotion is also provided it would have been nice.

Amenities, cleaniness, resort feel, food and convenience to the theme park and shopping mall.

• Club Double or Twin Family Fun Package

Rooms were old and even though I had a club floor room it was the size of a regular room. The room TV didn’t work properly, the shower leaked and the floor and room smelt of paint throughout our stay. The complimentary breakfast on the club floor was severely limited in its choice and was often cold by the time we got to the breakfast at 9. Not worth the price paid for the stay.

Staff is helpful and property is well located. You don’t have to leave it for food or entertainment options

• Premier Double or Twin

Management should pay more attention to the cleanliness of the rooms. Very strong puke smell once we check into our room #810. Called the reception informed them and a housekeeping guy came with a room spray. Sprayed lots of it and after 30mins was still the same. They changed our room. Next room #1218 normal size room . Main lock was not working and the aircon thermostat was spoiled. It was at 20C throughout even though we raised it to 28C. Call the reception again and they sent a technician. He checked and thats it he said there was nothing that he could do. His advice was to switch off the aircon😱. None of the manager or staff called to check on us if everything was ok despite being inconvenienced twice having to switch frm a puke smelling room and now a non lockable maindoor with an unserviceable aircon . It's so sad that this kind of behaviour is coming frm Sunway hotel Resorts and Spa A 5 Star hotel. My stay in this hotel is not just for one night but always at least 4 or 5 nights. This time round service rendered was really bad. It gives us the impression that customers comfort don't matter .

Location of the hotel is good. Easy access to amenities . Don't even need to drive out.

• Club Double or Twin Family Fun Package

The staffs at the breakfast door could be a little more friendly and welcoming. Instead of WHAT ROOM? The Underground parking was a little far and lack of direction signs in the parking.

Rooms were clean and comfy. Lots of space and staffs were friendly.

• Premier Double or Twin

Area/change facilities for those who have to check out but flights are not scheduled until later that day.

Great service, good for families and business trip

• Premier Park Double or Twin

The replacement room given to me old and did not meet my expectations. The first room was new, big, well lit, very clean.

Breakfast was super good and many varieties

• Premier Double or Twin

The room service was very pricey. Thank god its right next to the mall. Manage to purchase all our food (2 adults + 4 kids) for the price hotel's Nasi Goreng Kampung.

The reception n bellhop were very helpful. We spend the whole day at the themepark. Being able to check in and leave out bags, & return to the hotel was very convenient 😁. My 5 year old fell asleep once we reached the room.

• Premier Double or Twin

i really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. even my daughter enjoyed the stay alot. its very close to sunway lagoon theme park and super facilities.i will recomend my friend this hotel.

• Premier Double or Twin

Our rooms smelt like vomit! And when we complained to housekeeping. No one came to check out the terrible smell in our room. Very bad experience. The bathroom needs to be renovated. Black mole on tiles.

The lovely smell in the lobby and th grand entrance of the hotel.

• Premier Double or Twin

English understanding by counter staff need a lot of improvement. When I was checking out the night before I left, I tried to arrange for a car to take us to the airport. I was told that it would cost Malay R70, and that it would be added to the hotel bill which I paid on my credit card. When we got down to the lobby, I was told the car had NOT been paid for, and the cost would be R170, not R70. I was prepared to seek a taxi, but my partner was so distressed, she paid the amount so that we would not miss our flight. I find it hard to recommend anyone to stay at your hotel unless the staff are better coached in the engligh language.

Convenience and luxury

• Executive Suite

Staff was excellent... whatever I needed, they treated the situation with ultimate priority. Very friendly, courteous, and professional. And a special thank you to Ms. Emmy for being so attentive to my issues.

• Premier Double or Twin

The hotel provide complimentary of baby cot for my baby and the handy system hp make me all time connect internet for free. Comfort bed and nice environment. Smooth internet provided by hotel.

• Premier Double or Twin

Great service... friendly staffs...

Had a problem with my first room as the bathtub was choking.... made a call and was subsequently upgraded to another room...

• Premier Double or Twin

I book double bed, but end up i get twin bed. Call reception, and they said, i book double bed, so that is double bed. I highlighted that this is twin. Quite funny because this is 5* hotel, but you cant differentiate between double bed and twin bed.

• Premier Double or Twin

The room was in a state of disrepair. One of the sockets in the room was falling off the wall. Bathtub also had wear and tear stains. It was in need of a renovation and that was what was conveyed by the staff, so I appreciated that. The staff also took my feedback seriously and positively so that made up for the shortcomings in the room.

Service was fantastic. Breakfast selection at Resort Cafe was extensive and delicious.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

Breakfast in club lounge is limited.

We booked a Premier Park Double room with a large double king sized bed through Booking.com for 2 adults. Upon checking in, I checked with the reception staff whether the king-sized bed can accomodate for 3 adults (2 adults and 1 teenager). He showed me the photos of the king sized bed and 2 single beds and advised that it may be not be so comfortable. However, I was told that they will free upgrade my room to Club Double Room, which accommodated 2 adults & 2 children, an additional complimentary rollaway bed with executive lounge access . Despite the Club room's finishings starting to age compared to the newly renovated rooms in Pyramid Hotel, I am still grateful to the staff who attended to me, who has been very thoughtful for his guest's comfort.

• Executive Suite

The distance to have our breakfast was a bit far as it's located at Sunway Resort while we were staying at Sunway Pyramid. The pool was also located at Sunway Resort

The room was very spacious. We were indeed lucky as the Senior Staff by the name of Daud upgraded us from the Executive room to Family Room

• Club Double or Twin

On arrival bad experience she tried to charge extra my 7 year old daughter. My booking confirmation I show her number of Gest 1 adult and 7 year old child included with breakfast still she tried charge extra. 🤔

Good location.Club longe breakfast good and quite not much gest . Tatin is very helpful and friendly compared to others.

• Premier Double or Twin

alternate breakfast food choices a bit more, food wasn't hot enough. could have some kid activities. rooms do need upgrading as it's outdated and shower head needs to be removable.

service was great, staff are willing to help and were friendly. hotel was a good location to the malls so lots of food choices and shopping and entertainment.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

1. Stayed for 3 nights, was quite impress with the food served on the first day had a breakfast in the property’s restaurant but later found out all the food served were the same for the remaining of our stay. 2. Housekeeping is terrible. Came back to the room in the evening & find towels, used & unclean glasses, etc were at the same place where we leave them in the morning. 3. Poor security system. We tried to access the car park from our room level via the auditorium & vice versa where later surprisingly find out that anybody without the access card can enter the guest floors via car park elevator. Also find out a door that lead to the outside of the hotel & it’s unlocked. Its a total security breach.

Good location.

• Premier Double or Twin

I asked for an early check-in and was told I would be able to but the room wasn’t ready until 30 mins later. Also ala carte breakfast is quite pricey, we got conflicting information from the restaurant and the front desk regarding prices.

Beds were comfortable, fit two adults and two small kids under 6 comfortably. Room was of a decent size, and a balcony that led out to the pool. Bathroom was modern, responsive water pressure and temperature. Swimming pool was lovely, kids really enjoyed it and had lots of fun. In the evening the sun beds were all filled up though, so it was a bit difficult to get a bed. Breakfast spread was good, lots of choices.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

With all the 5 star treatments, we wish that the food at your cafe (we took the breakfast twice) need to be improved in terms of the taste and perhaps could be more variety so that there will be no deduction point in rating your hotel.

Me n my family really enjoyed our time at your hotel. We love the room with the sunway lagoon view, the facilities inside the room, all very attractive! Including the good scents once we enter the hotel lobby, very soothing n relaxing. Love it!

• Premier Park Double or Twin

Pillows are very uncomfortable with one Super huge pillow that’s hard n too big to sleep on . And bath tub is old .

Location if u are going to sunway lagoon Connected to big mall

• Executive Suite

Location only. Room was shabby. I was supposed to be having and executive suite but the room I was allocated was a shabby, dingy with a queen bed. Housekeeping was at its low as well. Carpet was old and had dust mites. Not at all worth the price. If being executive club member, I had worst experience.. imagine what standard room occupants would have gotten tonstay

Staff at executive club was very friendly

• Premier Park Double or Twin

My room includes breakfast and free for all adults and children who stay with us.

Complimentary water and soft drinks for every day.The bell boy name Casey he is so helpful and friendly.He carry our luggage very carefully and pressure to meet him.Thanks for his service.We might come back here again and hope to get more good service and friendly staff like him.

• Premier Double or Twin

Very noisy. I had a crying baby in the next room that kept me up all night, along with the sound from the outside corridor and lifts.

Breakfast was amazing. Great range of food (I’d never tried Syrian cheese before!)

• Premier Double or Twin

The air condition for the room was too cold as we are unable to set the right temperature

The location of the hotel was very convenient for food, theme park, shopping and etc

• Premier Double or Twin

The beach Resort was very expensive considering we only stayed for 2 or 3 hours. It’s not suitable for kids under 6 because the slides have a height limit.

• Premier Double or Twin

A bit far from KL city centre (approx 20 min or 1/2 hour drive on taxi without traffic)

The room was spacious and all beds were comfy. Sunway shopping centre was in walking distance and had everything we needed.

• Premier Double or Twin

The location of the resort is really good and everything you need is just a stone throws away. The room is comfortable and clean and the view of Sunway Lagoon is great. The facilities are well maintained and great as well.

• Premier Double or Twin

Bathroom shower space is a bit small. Breakfast area is overcrowded, the tables and chairs are too close to the next one...

Staffs are good!!! Beds are comfy...

• Premier Double or Twin

breakfast were very crowdy like a mass processing.. you even have to wait 25 min to get a free table also the hotel taxi is far too expensive.. we have paid a five time higher price than is usual!!!

I book in Sunway resort and spa but got sunway clio hotel instead. And i only know when i arrived there at 1am. Poor treatment by the staff at the counter. Not a single apology for changing the room without notice. Such a bad experience for me.

• Premier Double or Twin

Very slow service at front desk..actually we were asking for conneting room since we brought our kids together..unfortunately it was beyond our expectation and we were giving side by side room and it wasnt connectted at all and we didnt use that room given.moreover the room was given after 8pm and made us so dissappointed with the 5star hotel services.

Easy access to sunway lagoon

• Premier Double or Twin

should have refilled the food more frequent during weekends as the queue to get into the restaurant was exceptionally long and not much left to eat by the time we went in

upgraded to suite for free due to faulty air conditioner. breakfast spread was excellent with plenty of choices. mall is nearby. theme park located just behind the hotel is a plus point.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

They didnt do up my room when i got back at 5pm in the evening. Que for breakfast is very long. No special path or route to Sunway Lagoon, have to join the same long que although you have purchased your tickets in advance.

The bed was comfy

• Premier Double or Twin

The rooms are dated but understand renovations are under way. Impossible to have breakfast as the line was way too long so had to go elsewhere to eat.

The location was great in driving to and getting around and having the mall walking distance away was fantastic.

• Premier Double or Twin

Only down side was each time u step into the lobby its always too cold like the aire con is on too high. Also some of the rooms need updating (which to their credit staff said they are in the process off)

Great location, great looking hotel, attached mall and water theme park are great additions. The pool and restaurants are amazing too.

• Premier Double or Twin

The location is not very convenient if you want to have a lot of sightseeing activities. But it is very easy to grab a cab.

- First time to try Arabian food. not bad. - Free use of cellphone to make international calls and websurfing - free drinks refill daily

Room availablity not later than 2pm

Front desk office staffs very good n patients as most of the room guests can have the room only around 4-4:30pm. Staffs quantity is good

• Premier Park Double or Twin

As always one of my favorite hotels in Malaysia, some of the staff were very helpful during our stay especially staff from lounge they were kind and gave us full information about places to visit in Kuala, also one of the staff called Saras she was amazing and helped us in every step.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

I've paid quite expensive rate per night and the room is so dull and the interior is worst than I thought..at least if the interior is poor, the rate should be lower per night..I'm not happy because when I was drying my hair suddenly the electricity tripped so I was late for my conference. I've paid cheaper elsewhere and I've experienced better interior than this room. Just not up to my standard.

• Club Double or Twin

Thank you to the Chef Alaa for making us wonderful meals everyday. And to the beautiful staff Fatin, Ika, Liza, Alieya, Aira, and Rueben Thank you for being so welcoming and helpful and making our stay more enjoyable :-)

• Premier Park Double or Twin

Rooms need refurbishment. Food may need some variety

The spa and pool facilities. It's proximity to sunway lagoon. Professional staff. Excellent spa.

• Premier Double or Twin

Breakfast, WiFi, swimming pool.

Nice stay at sunway resort and spa hotel. Bathroom definitely need an upgrade. Room spacious, bed comfy, free minibar, tea and coffee could be better choices. Breakfast absolutely fantastic. Use grab or taxi to explore, or bus linked to MRT nearby station only 5 minutes walk. Lots of eatery nearby, or stay in the hotel. Free WiFi.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

the hotel is connected to shopping mall and theme park which is very convenient. if you plan to do meeting or just chill for a couple of days, sunway would be a very good bet.

• Premier Double or Twin

Paid for 2 rooms with 4 adults and 1 child, the free breakfast that was advertised was for only 1 person per room, they made us pay for the other 3 persons. Misleading advertising or I didnt read the fine print, quite disappointing.

Well set up and in a perfect location, close to everything. Nice staff. Sheisha bar by the pool was amazing and relaxing, great amenities and facilitys. Hotel was super clean throughout. Very glad we chose this hotel.

• Club Double or Twin

The bed seems to be abit stiff for my liking but pillows are amazing.

I like the view and how easy it is to get to the mall. It is so convenient. Housekeeping will knock on my door twice (morning and afternoon) which i think is good so that we can get things changed or replenished. Aircon is working well Breakfast was good as well.

• Premier Double or Twin Family Fun Package

Not that i can think of.

The bed was comfy. The staff did a good job making up the room and access to shopping and theme park from the hotel was amazing. Will definitely return for future holidays!

• Premier Double or Twin

Always lines to check in / check out so the part could be improved

Great location, and great resort! A lot of food option thanks to the mall attached

• Premier Double or Twin

Lighting in room only controlled from one side of the bed, not a good thing. Poor understanding of English by some serving at the Lobby Lounge. Upgrading of hotel badly needed.

Reception Staff welcoming & attentive.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

Crammed rooms, and the pool facilities close fairly early.

It’s a standard hotel. If you plan to attend sunway lagoon and do a little shopping it’s a very convenient location. Breakfast was good.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

It took long time to complete our check in.

Cleanliness of the rooms. Breakfast is awesome with variety. Direct acess to Sunway Lagoon and next to the mall.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

Room so small not worth to money. Bathroom also small and not friendly for baby.

My child like the giant pillow. Close to sunway piramid mall. Bfast is very nice. A lot of variety food. My child like it very much. My baby also like the fish porridge👍👍

• Premier Double or Twin Family Fun Package

Need to respond faster on any queries (I have power failure during that time, require almost 30 minutes to solve the issue)

1. Nice breakfast with a lot of menu. 2. Good location, very closed to the shopping mall and sunway lagoon. 3. Friendly services from the front office (receptionist).

• Premier Double or Twin Family Fun Package

The family rooms were smaller than we expected and one of our rooms was not ready when we arrived (We arrived 1 hour late than the time we indicated in the reservation). The hotel couldn't allocate us with connecting room despite reservation made 2 months ahead. A bit disappointed on this. We tried to registered a member account with the hotel website in order we could make direct reservation in the future. There was a message after we submitted the application indicated that there will be an email send to us for account activation. However, this email never reach our inbox. We then sent an inquiry email to the hotel customer service, again never receive any responses. Another disappointment.

The location was real good. It within walking distance to the theme park and a shopping mall with many restaurants, shops and entertainments. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was excellent with many variety.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

Booked for the theme park view hence we managed to see the fireworks for the new year celebration. Requested for a single King bed during booking but none available during check-in, however Suri at the reception counter offer to get housekeeping to combine the twin bed so we get a larger bed (sort of) which is acceptable.

• Premier Double or Twin Family Fun Package

The bathroom is a bit small, no space to put things on the vanity table. Booked 2 standard rooms and 1 room with family fun package. Given welcome drinks for the room with family fun package but no welcome drinks for the 2 standard rooms.

Room was spacious. Good spread of breakfast.

• Premier Double or Twin Family Fun Package

The room is old, facilities such as reading light, hair dryer doesn’t work.

It’s right next to Sunway lagoon, and hotel restaurant serves good spread of buffet.

• Club Double or Twin

too much people during breakfast suggest: should different the place for breakfast with different type of room or different cost of room rate increased a lot .. not satisfied club lounged

good location, comfortable feeling

• Premier Park Double or Twin

There are minor setbacks in the room 1) toilet flushing handle broken, need to call maintenance to replace 2) tv remote control faulty need to ask for replacement 3) the mini fridge not cold neef to ask maintenance to replace the fused bulb

The room has very good view ie facing the lagoon.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

The Sunway Lagoon was a dissappointment. I feel the system and management of the Queue could be improve. The Sunway ticket is quite expensive so we expect a professional way of handling the crowd. There was quite a number of family who left the Q aft 1hr and there was even a customer who fainted and was not handle wz any urgentcy. Special Q shud be allocated for pax wz infants or very young child or special child and elderly pax. On the whole the rides and park was good but the safety of the rides need to be checked. As my nephew slip from the harness while the ride moving and hve to hold on tight to its grip. Its the Criss Cross ride that goes 360degrees and make your mind go BONkers. He didnt take any more ride after.

THE building itself is so GRAND and beautiful. Beautiful friendly staffs- always smiling with open arms and ready to extend assistant. From the Concierge who opens the door to The efficient Check-in staff. Imagine-we were on a coach from Singapore, which left at 7am and we only reach the hotel at half pass 5pm. After the long Jam and tiring journey, we really appreciate the Fast and efficient service from your staff. The room service staff -very prompt with all my 3 request and repeat ice request from my niece and nephew. Bonus touch was the beautiful View from our room windows of the Sunway Lagoon. WOW...:)) The Complimentary Breakfast was well prepared to cater for all Races.. from Continental to Asian and even the Arabian spread.. Hmmmm... so well fed..heee feel pampered and spoil. The staff are very attentive and all used plates cleared promptly and refills are just few seconds away. Imagine having full House in DECEMBER 2017 and still the staff able to put on a happy and welcome front, with healthy and Good attitude. Bravo to all yr staff.. they deserve a good job appreciation;) from the management. The Mandara Spa Sunway located up the slope of the Hotel; But after the Massage and Facial; though we have to walk a bit about 10-15mins up the hill to its strategic location. we dont mind the walk at all. It was so good and very relaxing at a very good Package. The Hotel Location is very Good with so many mall at every corners. So if you are SHOPPERholic like me.. just enjoy.. becoz everything at a bargain n offer plenty of sales. Food is Heaven and ice skating was beautiful to watch at the mall.

• Junior Suite Family Fun Package

room is quite old , in particular the bathroom , no way to get a proper shower , breakfast at the main restaurant is very much too crowded , not worth the money paid .

• Premier Double or Twin

Cannot buy a tickets for themepark at a concierge caunter follow a local price for malaysian guest hotel like me. Otherwise , it must be a prefects moment in our holidays this time.

For this time staying we got at level 5 which is very nice view facing pool at outside and very comfy. My wife n kiddos very excited n luv it very much more..

• Premier Park Double or Twin Family Fun Package

Long waiting time for lift, breakfast quality is average, cleanliness of the room & serving restaurants below expectations. Plug point at the room not function, only have 3 DVD players serving the whole Hotel on peak seasons.

Overall is below expectations

paint chipping on room furniture and doors

Friendly courteous staff Delicious room service Proximity to subway lagoon and a huge shopping centre making it an ideal place to stay for families with children

• Premier Double or Twin Family Fun Package

The full details of direction at the check in counter was nt inform clearly... like where is the lift lobbby, d B’fast restaurants, staff need to be more full service...

Everything under 1 roof, themepark, Shopping mall n halal restaurant...

• Premier Double or Twin

Toilet room has no or weak exhaust fan, feel stuffy after the hot bath. Bathroom needs some renovation as seems to wear down. Soundproof could be better but that's not the big issue. The seat on room balcony area needs to clean up as dirt & stain are spotted.

Big cosy & comfortable bedroom. Nice breakfast spread with the wide variety of choices. Staffs are polite and efficiency even during peak period at breakfast.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

My Car front side seat window glass was wind down and attempted to take away .this happen on the first day of stay at night.next day (after 24 hrs of parking) i found out my self. Hotel staff was unable take care my Car. They handle this thing very lightly.the reason from security manager was Car park security not under his control and they dont no what is hapening there. Lucky that i had put a steering lock, it save my Car or else we could have take Bus back to Singpore. Once i reported to hotel manager, He offer me VIP car park.(in hotel Lobby) that was easy up to me.They could not reply What happened on that night in car park. All cover up. So after 3 days during check out , the hotel security Manger apologise to me for the incident. i have a lot of question to ask the hotel...its Good hotel .. but You have to Risk your car.

Good set up for kids to enjoy

• Premier Double or Twin

Pool is too cold for the kids. Difficult in getting a reply for the traditional massage. No amenities for kids eventhough we book a family room.

The staff are friendly and fast in response. Facilities are good.

• Premier Park Double or Twin

The in room service and concierge super slow. Each service need more than half hour. For 5 star hotel we didn’t expect this. The hotel is quite old. Bath tub is dirty and the water all stuck after bath. The only good things is location convenient.

Browse Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa traveller photo gallery