Reviews of The Plaza Hotel Kuala Lumpur 3 stars

Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#306 of 552 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

The food’s great.
    • Superior Room

The parking lanes up and down and out are very uncomfortable for cars. Need assistance from the carpark staffs who are very,very helpful. The hotel needs to have a parking lot elsewhere ?

The food’s great. The hotel staffs are very friendly. The room is very cosy.

Amazing Staff :) Bathroom Renovation Wanted!
    • Superior Room

The facilities are a bit old, and I strongly hope that bathroom would be renovated. The bathtub is partly cracked and looks a bit dirty (probably just a look). Also the bathroom is dim and sometimes smelly even. I understand it is unrealistic the hotel is fully renovated, still, I really want the owner to consider a renovation of the bathrooms.

Among other things, the staff are exceptionally professional. I greatly appreciate their courtesies and hospitalities. The staff never show their reluctance to any of my requests or questions. They never show any discriminatory attitudes. They never fail to smile when I greet. Their professionalism is one of the reasons why I choose this hotel when I visit KL.

kuala lumpur
    • Superior Room

the facilities not complete . . mybe should change the old to new.the tub. toilet bowl and the toilet door

the comfort clean.. service good.. housekeping good. parking ok. staff are very friendly..

not satisfied.
    • Superior Room

not satisfied. Upon booking have notify for king bed, upon arrival give twin bed instead of king bed. the room was smelly. request smoking but give non smoking. vie horrible. first and last. tq

Good place and cheap.
    • Superior Room

Good place. Shops are near by. Shopping centre is also near by. Good restaurants and food court are just around the corner. The staffs are very helpful. Clean enviorment.

Best Hotel in KL City
    • Superior Room

Nothing to complain and yet i ve extend another 2 nite staying here !

Staying here due my house is under renovation. 1. Friendly Frontdesk and staf. 2. Excellent room service. 3. Room Service Food Menu is yummy! 4. Spacious room. 5. Hotel location at central KL city easy access to public transportation @ LRT, Monorail, KTM, bus. 6. Near by Shopping Mall and Restaurants. 7. Safe and Quiet

Not worth the money that I paid for.
    • Superior Room

Aging property, unable to sleep due to illegal motorcycle racing. Please do not advertise as continental breakfast when it was very Malaysian. Food was tasteless, some lower rated hotels serve better food.

Location & acceptable cleanliness

Disappointing.
    • Superior Room

Had to work in room but no Wi-Fi.Hotel sent someone who couldn't fix problem. Beds were very soft.They blamed.my laptop and had phone for the problem.

Location was near qorkplace

Overall ok
    • Superior Room

Parking space underground too small & no lift...trouble when I want to bring my laggage & children climb the staircase..

The room size values for money...

The hotel rate if direct booking, is expensive, compare to other hotel with the same grade.
    • Superior Room

1. The extend of stay system. Refer above. 2. The TV, older model and poor broadcasting. 3. The air-con temperature can not be adjusted

After been staying, should can extend when neccessary, without reapply to booking.com again.

excellent
    • Superior Room

i'm enjoyed staying in The Plaza...it make me feel like at home....easier to excess from the main road either from Jln Raja Laut or from Jalan Tuanku Abd Rahman....a comfort bed and wide ....worth for money

Manager made sure to reach out to us about the troublesome...
    • Superior Room

Manager made sure to reach out to us about the troublesome WiFi and the issue was rectified in about 15 minutes! Generally nice staff otherwise and overall clean. A great stay for the price

Overall my experience staying there was ok I guess since the price also affordable.
    • Superior Room

I requested for a room with double bed but instead I got room with twin bed.

I just like the breakfast buffet in the coffee house and of course the staff quite helpful and friendly.

will not come again
    • Superior Room

Toilet has dirty stains. Carpet along corridor is worn out and room doesn't have pleasant smell. The fridge is not cold, old and dirty and smelly too!

Not Condemning just Reminding

1. The air-conditioning was not cold enough. 2. I couldn't get what I requested

The location is quite strategic because it's near to most of the places that I need to visit to.

My bed sheet smells like someone salivated on it.
    • Superior Room

My bed sheet smells like someone salivated on it. Its like the housekeeping doesn't change it at all. The shower are broken and my room are fronting the road so I can't sleep due to sound pollution from motorcycle racing at late night.

Just fine
    • Superior Room

A little bit too noisy from the traffic outside the hotel. There's a bathtub, but couldn't be used as there wasn't a bath plug.

It was good for a night's stay

Location-wise it was OK but the room provided was substandard
    • Superior Room

The bed and mattress provided were sagging (sigh!). The TV was an old set... the technician have to use a screwdriver to switch it on! A split air-conditioner was available in the room but without the on-off switch. Perhaps a room seldom used was allocated.

The hotel is closed-by to a few shopping complexes

Though I requested for big single bed but not given so we...
    • Superior Room

Though I requested for big single bed but not given so we just managed the double bed but the bed is ok and no shower gel in the bathroom,while the food from the restaurant is awesome

Rest before work

All is ok

The location is excellent. Right at the centre of KL and easy access to trains, monorail and buses. Lots of restaurant at affordable price in the vicinity and staff are friendliest i have ever met

Disappointed
    • Superior Room

During my check in, I have a good feeling since they warm welcome me. I was liaise with Noor, duty manager. She brief on the payment as well as the parking ticket. First card will be charged RM2 while FOC for next card. But during my stay, I found that the staff at the reception counter are very bad. Their customer service is very poor. They didn't smile at all to the customer and talk without seeing our face. Ask customer with an arrogant tone. It was very bad attitude when you dealing with customer. During my check out, Noor was at the counter. I'm heading to her but suddenly she give me the sign without seeing my face at all to go to her colleague beside her. It was very rude! This time no more smiling and she just focus on the computer. Her colleague Ridzuan, not smiling and his face is very arrogant! He not saying "please come again" to the customer. It was a very very bad customer service that The Plaza Hotel Kuala Lumpur had. To the management, please concern this issue since you will lost the customer if you have bad customer service especially the attitude of your staff. There is no lift to access from basement parking to the room. We need to use the stair to the hotel lobby. TV is outdated, please change to flat screen TV. I request queen bed since I travel with my partner, but they only provide (2) single bed. Nevermind, we still can combine the bed, not a big issue. On our last stay, we have been disturbed with other customer at 12 am - 1 am. I guess they have got a wrong room number. They knocked our door loudly and press the doorbell many times. We sleep already and they shocked us. Urghhhhhh! This is our first time experience in The Plaza Hotel Kuala Lumpur, and it will be our last time here. Definitely we will not coming again to this hotel.

I like the cleanliness of the bathtub & room, the wardrobe is huge for us and the toiletries that they provide. I give 5 star for the room service, they didn't even touch our belongings. My partner left the coins on the table, they didn't take it even a cent.

Worth for money
    • Superior Room

I have to use the staircase from basement to ground floor with all the luggage that i have to bring along.

Yr friendly staff as well as the management and counter servicess staff

Poor maintained hotel
    • Superior Room

Parking charges was RM 2 for first entry but upon the insertion of parking ticket it reads RM10 even after validated by the front office. Then the parking ticket upon 2nd time insertion it read invalid. Waste at least 10 minutes for the contract parking personnel to assist in order to exit from the car park. Horrible experience!

The car park was poorly lighted and dirty. Check in staff was not too helpful when requested for an extra room access card.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Value for money for this location but the toilet and electrical items are bad
    • Superior Room

1) I could not park my MPV ( vellfire) in the hotel underground carpark due to only allow 1.8m height 2) The W.C. ( toilet bowl) sink, and bathtub are stained has to be changed. 3) The safety box not in order. 4) TV is very old and the reception was bad and the color was only 2 colors.

All staff i met were very helpful and friendly. housekeeping staff by the name of Haryanti had given good service, friendly and helpful.

I enjoy my stay and this is my preferred accomodation
    • Superior Room

Actually i've booked for a double twinbed for rm129 but when upon arrival, the staff give me a room with 2 singlebeds and the price is higher which is rm150+. The price of meals is quite high for me.

The food is very good especially when i make a in room dinner (supper actually) the food portion is enough for me and my kids.. The presentation is nice.. Well done.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Very decent for a short stay!
    • Superior Room

The sound pollution in the area was quite bad at night although we were in the 11th floor. Motorcyclists everywhere!

The room service was honest. We left our stuffs all over the room when we went out but came back with newly made room with our stuffs still lying where they were last placed.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

the bathroom which only provide a bath tub to shower.
    • Superior Room

the bathroom which only provide a bath tub to shower. please provide a shower apart from the tub so that people who can't go inside the tub,can take bath using shower. please take this matter for consideration... thankz..

DISSAPOINTING!
    • Superior Room

-THE BED SHOULD BE CHANGED! -DUTY MANAGER NOT FRIENDLY WITH GUESTS. -DIRTY BATHROOM ,TOWEL, BLANKET. -KETTLE CAN'T FUNCTION! -AIR-COND NOT ADJUSTABLE TO SLOW TEMPERATURE. -CARPET & ROOM SO SMELLY!!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Didn't enjoy our stay.
    • Superior Room

When we booked n requested for double bed , the hotel should keep for us. So when we arrived they offered us twin sharing. We are married couple n stay for two nights which is not comfortable for us. When we wanted to cancel we hv to pay for a night. What a nonsense.

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

ONLINE PAYMENT WAS COMPLICATED
    • Superior Room

method of payment & the way yoyutr staff handling online payment...its was very complecated. WE HAD PAY ONLINE USING CC FOR 2 NITE STAY BUT UR STAFF ONLY CHARGE FOR ONE NITE & ASK THE GUEST TO PAID BY CASH FOR ANOTHER NITE!!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Very good Hotel
    • Superior Room

The staffs are so accommodating. The location of the hotel is very good, close to train station and other stores. The rooms are big and clean and the price is very cheap.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Staff were attentive.
    • Superior Room

I stayed in room 408.. the bed was not comfortable. It's about time the hotel change the mattresses. We were give 2 single beds though we requeated for a queen bed.. both mattresses were the same.. my hubs especially had trouble sleeping in it. Pls consider upgrading your facilities cos it used to be a good hotel. This was my 3rd stay there and i hope to see some changes in the future

Staff were attentive. The room was quite spacious.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

It is a good value for money in this hotel n very convenient. Friendly n helpful staff .
    • Superior Room

Saturday night - motorcycle raced around the area , pretty noisy. Be sure to get a room facing away from the main entrance. The staff were kind enuf to change my room in the middle of the night because of the racing of motorcycles noises.

Convenient. Easy access to Sogo, Parkson, mrt station n food street

Bad experince
    • Superior Room

1. Window was very dirty 2. Dirty curtain 3. Aircond air filter contain too much dust! Seem like never been cleaned before! 4. Toilet dirty!

1. Friendly staff 2. Near near city easy to find food. 3. Easy to get taxi or grab car

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

The bed was fluffy, facilities inside the room was good, the...
    • Superior Room

Not enough bed for my family members, the carpets little dusty and the room was smelly.

The bed was fluffy, facilities inside the room was good, the location ausome and value for money.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Location, because it's near of my business area.
    • Superior Room

I satyed in the plaza hotel more than 6times for last 3years, me and my friend for business travel from thailand, the service is coming down and down every time, I have checked in by an old Malay lady covering her hair (hijab) I don't know her name she doesn't have a name tag, she was very rude, no welcome, and even she didn't answer me whe I said good morning just pass the key and mention the room number. Check out by Ridzuan, same happened with him ,even he didn't reply me when I said good morning ,he only moved his head up and down, just talked in TW Lapan koson simbilan Check out, and pass me back my deposit and no good bye at all, the room was the same as usual for a 2 stars hotel, and I believe hous keeping never changed the blanket, really derty and i can feel the smell for the guest who was staying before me in this room i just throw it in the floor and never use it ,,each 2 months i come to Malaysia for business,, I was very happy with an endian girls in the reception her service was excellent but I don't find her anymore ,I will never stay in this hotel why we need to pay money to be upset

Location, because it's near of my business area.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Excellent accommodation at affordable cost.
    • Superior Room

Narrow passage/access to the basement parking lots.

The room is spacious, comfortable and clean. Good location.The hotel is near to many amenities. Plenty of available public transportation to move around conveniently.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

We booking 2 rooms but was given a room (720) with aircond ...
    • Superior Room

We booking 2 rooms but was given a room (720) with aircond problem which they know the current condition. The reception counter is not friendly during the check in time (man) and a lady on the 2nd day while we asking for key due to changing room.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

You get what you paid for.
    • Superior Room

The bathroom!!! I turned the faucet on and there was brown liquid coming out of it for a good 5-second run. The shower curtain was mouldy. Like how much is it to replace a shower curtain? Add a point for hot shower though. It goes really hot. But seriously.. clean the bathrooms. I'm not even picky, I promise you. I'm a backpacker but the bathroom in my room was gross. Unfriendly staff.

Clean room, location and the price. Hot shower.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

price= quality
    • Superior Room

We were given the same room as before. I think this room is for online booking only. The room is quite smelly dan not comfortable.

Only location near to chow kit. Parking in the premise.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Bad attitude of Reception - Duty Manager & Not arrange the room as per requested
    • Superior Room

Room as per requested, didn't have tooth brush, didn't have hair dryer, didn't have face tower, didn't have drinking water in the room.

Not at all. Since all the receptionist attitude was so bad. Especially Duty Manager.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Price is very affordable
    • Superior Room

The room smells a bit old, like it haven't been vaccum or dusted for quite a while, the sheets smells too as if the sheets were not completely dry before they put it on to the bed.

Price is very affordable and the location is quite convenient if you're travelling by car as there are underground parking provided and easy to access too.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Budget hotel
    • Superior Room

Facilities need maintenance n touchup of paint etc. Carpet was wet at bathroom area.

Quite good location with LRT station nearby. But quite a distance from shopping area.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Rate n service must suitable

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

just ok
    • Superior Room

old design room.. water leaking bad bed

near to lrt

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

When i book the prize at booking.
    • Superior Room

When i book the prize at booking.com it is rm94..but the hotel staffs cheat me say 109..they refuse to give me booking.com prize..really pits off..

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Too noisy

Too noisy Old furniture

Nil

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Very disapointed
    • Superior Room

The water supply in bathroom dirty and not clean...the bed or blanket feel very itchy...

All the staff is good and friendly..

best
    • Superior Room

staff so frendly and good for money value.

Satisfied

good

none

room

• Superior Room

I'm booking for queen room bed room but given double bed room

Not bad

No comment

Everything....

View is normal
    • Superior Room

Free parking, walking distance to mrt station and lrt station, iti located city centre, room is big and clean

Gym

Can't not smoke

Gym

i love it

none

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The price under Booking.com is cheap compared to other hotels.
    • Superior Room

The room is spacious. Very clean. In the town centre easy to buy food.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Good

Ok

Good

A few staff

Service

Facilities and accomodation

Service

I hope u can offer queen bed in booking.
    • Superior Room

Ive been stayed for several time. But mostly im not able to get queen bed.

I hope u can offer queen bed in booking.com

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Old tv

Old tv

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Fair n nothing attractive
    • Superior Room

1.Toilet needs regular mantenance n checks.. 2. Guests shud not be charged parking 3. Tv no movies channel

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Nothing to say expect Wi Wi-Fi

Nothing to say.

Friendly staff and Homely atmosphere. And the Location is excellent.

Value for money
    • Superior Room

Smell of the room..u should put fragrance..

Value for money

Room - dark, should be lighter.. Parking - no staff at parking room

Fair and comfort to stay

Limited parking side

Budget hotel to stay

• Superior Room

Old furniture ad smelly Air cond cant be adjust

Car park at basement
    • Superior Room

Dirty carpet and old stuff in the room

Car park at basement

All is comfortable for my family
    • Superior Room

An old television in the room

Free parking for guests