Reviews of The Regency Hotel Kuala Lumpur 3 stars

#398 of 512 hotels in Kuala Lumpur

6.1

6.1

• Superior King Room

The location is verry bad around it, especialy wet grocery market and the area is quite insecure. The food is of just local style, doen't suit internationals

• Superior King Room

housekeeping needs to improve on room cleaning, room amenities not constantly refill and carpet not been vacuum on daily basis although our room has been freshen up once we went out for breakfast and lunch.

Razib was very helpful and knowledgeable, breakfast served was good and has a variety esp for local and international guest, nasi lemak and sambal really tasty and also croissant really freshly baked and tasty and we have enjoyed it and thanks to Chef's and the teams-well done.

• Superior King Room

There was a water heater in my room. I was going to boil water for cooking tea. As I opened it up, I saw it was very dirty inside of the water heater. Obviously, last guest used it but did not clean. However, cleaner of the hotel supposed to make sure everything inside the room must be very clean. Another one, was the swimming pool. I adviced that you guys have to make a tiny signboard inside the lift to tell guests which floor has swimming pool. And I pretty sure that very less guests know about your swimming pool.

I like the facilities of the hotel and the designed. Staff over there they are so friendly and helpful.

• Superior King Room

The pool area could do with a bit of work. Also there were no sun beds so was lying on the floor. There were chairs but not really the same thing really. Bit of a noisy area got woken up early a few times from neighbouring activities.

Rooms were very nice and spacious with en suite bathrooms. The lobby was a nice area. Nice view of the city centre from our room of petronas towers etc.

• Superior King Room

The swimming pool is the best with KLCC & KL Tower view but there a quite lack on the lighting on the pool

Best KLCC & KL tower view here. The location is very near with wet market but does not effect the accomodation quietness, easy to find a good Indonesia dishes

• Superior Twin Room

I like the comform room and clean room And everything facilities ok

Disappointed cause the hot water not working Was repaired but the hot water has reject And no have paper toilet ...

• Deluxe Twin Room

Not clean and the windows from my room was glory and not clean. Smell is very very dirty coming from the fridge of the room and the carpet it dirty stained with something spilled on it from the previous residence and staffs have not change or clean it. The staff are too slow to assist or serve the costumers and they are not picking up the front desk phone very quick

The view from the top roof

• Superior King Room

Nothing much than the market smell every morning..but its only morning..once the marketing time over..its back to normal..dont bother me anyway..its the same anywhere..

Nothing to complain..i deserved for what i pay..all is in need..good to have fridge so we can storage our left over..instead throwing all away..its very convenienve for us to travel from 1 place to another..n hunt for food..good experience staying at Regency Hotel

• Superior Twin Room

Value for money but location in front of market.You can smell if out from hotel

They just take only room rate no additional advance.they trust the traveler.

• Superior King Room

Bathroom full of mold. Fridge was not functioning. Toiletries not properly equipped. Parking space is dark. Open market in front of the hotel and the road is too congested.

The bed is great and big.

• Superior King Room

This my third time booked this hotel, although it located in chow kit, but it still remain the standard and the quality. The super friendly staff help a lot for my problem there.

• Superior Twin Room

The staff is not friendly. When i mean staff, includes the security officers, cleaner and front desk staff. Service was very poor.

Room is decent. Comfort.

• Superior Twin Room

1 ) Television not working 2 ) WIFI not working, cannot connected . Really frustrated. This is unacceptable for hotel with this price without WIFI. 3 ) Room Air cond, cannot control. 4 ) Room Carpet , dirty and old, lots of stains. First impression when we enter the room, was like hotel than age for 50 years. 5 ) Bed/ Pillow - Ok , comfort for sleeping 6 ) Swimming Pool - Never try, look dull, no maintenance, and even close early at 7PM???? 7 ) Breakfast is not as per 3/4 star hotel, more to 2 star hotel breakfast.

1 ) The room is big and spacious 2 ) Location is okay , car park available underground

• Superior Twin Room

This is a first for me writing about my family's experience at a hotel. In fact, this is the first time I have ever truly needed to complain. This hotel was literally the WORST experience I have EVER had in my 40 plus years of traveling around the globe. I am a combat veteran who is wheelchair bound, and the hotel made me park in the basement where I needed 3 people to help me wheel my chair up to the entrance to the hotel. There is no elevator to the parking garage. I noticed a beautiful new Mercedes parked in front of the hotel in one of the 3 spaces reserved for the staff I was told, and the Mercedes was the hotel managers car. I ask nicely if I could park in front due to my medical condition and was told I could. The next day I come out and one of the guards told me I would have to move it because they had an event and needed the space for their clients. I told the guard I was given permission to park there due to being wheelchair bound, and he made me move my vehicle anyway or he said it would be towed at my expense. There was/is no handicapped parking for handicapped persons at this hotel, but there is parking if you are the hotel manager or one of his invited guest we were told by one of the staff who felt sorry for us and my plight. Second, not ALL things were that bad, but the hotel was in poor shape, the pool area had people living to the side who were artist and actually their paintings were pretty good, but it smelled and there was no attendant on staff for towels, and the place was full of plants for some reason which we had to walk around to get to the pool area. The service in the lounge and dining area was superb, but the food was terrible so we ate out at another hotel just around the corner which was a 5 star hotel complete with an AMAZING staff and SUPERB customer SERVICE. The television, phone and wifi did NOT work in our room, and 2 nights we were flooded out of our bathroom.

I liked the 3 staff members who helped us. They were NOT Malaysian and felt great empathy for us and our problems with the hotel, the staff, and especially the lack of handicapped parking. The hotel manger/security guards would NOT allow me to use his parking spot in front of the hotel. He can walk great while I am in a wheelchair and had to ask 3 people to help me up from the basement parking where there was no elevator.

• Superior King Room

breakfast was bad. very limited option and the food taste was ok only. Parking was bad also. very poor lighting and have to walk up the staircase to reach the lobby.

location is good. easy access to town.

• Superior Twin Room

have to climb 2 levels of stairs to reach the lobby. the location situated in front of a busy wet market.

the bed is comfy, breakfast just great,,,helpful staff

• Superior Twin Room

I think the booking.com did not perform the real job here. I booked the non smoking room but i got a really bad smoke smelly room and the entire level was stinky. Found dusty writing table that shows the real hygine level. Bathroom shower water is just ok. Unfortunately the towel racks detached while im hanging back the towel. The food is nothing but below the expecations. The kitchen staff is people of Bangladesh which im curious if they were competent or typhoid injection compliance to local food safety.

Nothing i like at the Regency.

• Superior Twin Room

THERE WAS STAINS ON THE BED SHEET AND PILLOW CASE WHEN I ENTERED THE ROOM..LUCKILY THE CLEANER ARE AROUND..I MANAGED TO ASK HIM TO CHANGE IT ON THE SPOT. THE ELECTRIC KETTLE WAS BAD..THE MINI FRIDGE CANT BE USED..THE WORSE WAS ITS BREAKFAST..LESS CHOICES OF FOOD..NOT DELICIOUS AT ALL..THE COFFEE WAS TERRIBLE..I DIDN'T TOOK MY BREAKFAST FOR THE SECOND DAY EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY PAID.

THE ROOM WAS QUITE BIG...COMFORTABLE..THE SWIMMING POOL ALSO NOT BAD..MY KIDS ENJOYED SWIMMING THERE..FREE PARKING PROVIDED.

• Superior King Room

the bed is so hard, the smell in the room was so bad,the environment in the room is too bad.The room looked old and not upgraded.The toilet bowl is dirty

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Superior King Room

The rooms felt old. The carpet feels really old. The fridge in the room didn't work (I didn't ask the staff about that because I didn't need it but it's just something that I noticed). The bath curtains also look really old and dirty. It's more of a feeling that actual dirt but that's how I felt.

The staff was very helpful. The pool is really nice and it has a superb view on the city.

• Superior King Room

The air conditioning was not working properly. And the tv wasn't working. 3 things I book a hotel for especially in that 36 degree heat

The room was big and the bed was nice and big

• Superior King Room

After Check-in we had to ask several times for Toilet paper. A huge dead cockroach was been in front of our door for more than 24 hours. They did Not call a taxi for us when we asked for it. The last day there was no electricity in our room, so someone had to come and fix it.

Nice pool with Amazing view.

• Superior Twin Room

Worst staff, unclean (nuts and kindey beans on floor, hair on everything), awful food, not the best location, ancient TV, stains everywhere.

The pool was nice and beds were comfortable

• Superior King Room

Fridge broken, no air con. Did give me a box conditioner but was blowing hot air, however made life a bit better than plain stagnant heat. Located at a wet market which can smell quite bad, however not a big issue as it's tolerable. Hotel rooms could do with a deep clean I.e carpets etc. The hotel pool was black, for example, couldn't see to the bottom of it, making it not so inviting. It was Ramadan during my stay, and hotel staff called the bedroom phone at 4.15am to ask if I wanted breakfast, waking me up; not the greatest.

Comfy bed

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The air conditions is producing a noisy sound in room 1625. Please go through this matter for others guests comfort. Thank you.

The bed is extra comfy and i love it. My partner also love it ❤️

• Superior Twin Room

Air conditioner not cold, service very slow, not enough staff, location nearby wet market, so smelly, traffic so terrible , really not recommended at all.

Bellman's service is bad.The security part is weak. Bellman& security guard didnt training well to provide front service for guest.

Room is quite big and comfortable. But the mattress is dirty. The city view can see through klcc& kl tower. Nice view.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

the parking space very narrow.. my car lowered so it has litte scratch and make my bumper fell down.. the receptionist could told me that parking was narrow.. but nop.. after that.. the next day.. I ask to park outside the hotel.. but could not park outside.. she didnt tell me the reason..

breakfast okay. not bad..

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

The aircond is not cold. Shower and bidet is broken. TV chanels are very limited. Bed linen is old. And we experience electricity blackout on our last day. Was forced to climb down from 18th floor. Quite an experience tho. Luckily my 7 months old didn't get scared due to the darkness while climbing goin down the emergency staircase.

The bed is comfy and the room service and food is excellent. Would definitely come back just for the food.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

When check in, the phone and lock box did not work and were replaced after several staff "looked" but not qualified to fix. The pool towel service was a joke. Did not see 1 clean towel or staff at pool in 3 days. TV did not work in room and staff only look, and say cannot fix. Wifi worked in hallway outside room but not in room. Overall a terrible experience and will not return. 2 big thumbs DOWN.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Superior Twin Room

-tub not drain water,shower not flowing water.call for rooom service to repair twice. -aircond was too cold even temp. set to 30 deg. c.

-easy access for restaurant,public transport and shoping mall -breakfast was excellent

• Deluxe Twin Room

I didn't know where's the parking, so I parked at the basement and found out the door to the lobby. Went out from the basement and was charge RM5 for staying there for about 2 minutes!

The room was clean and comfortable, nice staffs. Breakfast was okay for its price!Swimming pool was nice for kid.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Breakfast is rubbish . TV / AC / Elevator / bath room fittings / light & switches = all are old and not working properly . Wi-Fi never working . We just wasted our money .

• Superior Twin Room

Smelly, toilets are dirty, aircond was not functioning properly hot, towels were dirty, the room has got no proper lighting very dark, no items in the fridge..well in total everything was bad and definitely over priced for a stay there.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Narrow lane towards hotel. No lift from parking lot to lobby - a trouble for elderly. Poor signage to parking lot with lift. Confusing for first-timers.

Location in KL centre and near LRT station.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Very poor wifi. Get a local sim card with mobile data.

Comfortable and clean room with a fridge, friendly front desk staff, accommodating manager, clean pool with a great view of the city. Good location.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Interior is bad. Sliding wardrobe was off the hinges, you can check room 1823. There were no astro channel to watch on the tv, so we didnt on it at all, despite the astro magazine given in the room.

Location was good although, when we enter the lobby it had a fishy smell due to wet market in the front. The monorail was a walking distance, easier to travel around kl sentral.

Location, ambiance, food

Very bad .. 2 separate room booked instead of 1room and no proper break fast

Quite expensive

• Superior King Room

wet market in front of hotel very busy

size of room satisfied

good

good

Parking

Clean

• Superior King Room

brekafast was below expectation, the room was smelly

the location was great

• Superior King Room

noisy, filty thub and carpet, food not so good

staff are nice

• Superior King Room

For me, all aspect not satisfactory. Feel some creepy also.

• Superior King Room

the dish for breakfast not worth for 35ringgit bcs mostly of the food are cold and pastry little bit dry

• Superior King Room

Location is not beautiful..Food is just so so

Pakistani foods around

TV old version & coverage TV....other no comment

fair

Near AT My Office..

Toilet dirty

Nothing to shout about

• Superior Twin Room

The shower doesn’t have heater. I alway bath with cool water it realy annoyed me.

Ok the room is very nice and comfortable

The lift too slow

Privacy in busy place and large room

• Superior King Room

Very dirty.... Staff can't solve the issue. Worst hotel.

Almost all

• Deluxe Twin Room

There was a tap leaking in the bathroom The telephone didnt work

The size of the room was good

• Superior King Room

Location, food, cleanliness, and enviroment

Sheets was dirty

Breakfast and location was ok.

• Superior King Room

Not that many greens plant

It is situated at the center of KL

• Superior Twin Room

It is in the heart of KL.

The room.

• Superior King Room

Transport to other area like train, buses not convenient

Staff, room space, scenery, comfort,

• Superior Twin Room

Bath tab cannot throw water

Room big.value for money.got bath tab.breakfast not bad

The space of the room.

The bed was so comfy.

• Superior Twin Room

Facilities not cleaned and properly maintained (parking and swimming pool area)

Air conditioner

Aircond problem....

• Superior King Room

The surrounding area of the property

• Superior Twin Room

i) dirty toilet bowl ii) stain on the linens iii) no mini bar iv) dirty curtains v) chain lock was broken

The bed was comfy

• Deluxe Twin Room

Hotel is odler should renovate

• Superior Twin Room

Hotel was old, looked like a ghost hotel, abbandoned, service was bad, maintanance horrible, staff unhelpfull, just bad at all

• Superior Suite

Too expensive for the room.

Scenary,infront market. Dirty

Room comfort

Breakfast & swimming pool

Bed & bathtub the only thing i like

Every thing is good

• Deluxe Twin Room

Air conditioning very slow to be cold

Easy access to Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman

• Superior King Room

Limited choice for breakfast.

The bed and Space in room ok.