Reviews of The Saujana Kuala Lumpur 5 stars

Jalan Lapangan Terbang SAAS, 40150 Subang Jaya, Malaysia

#12 of 57 hotels in Subang Jaya

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Overall a memorable and relaxing stay.
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

Some gym equipments (like the treadmill) could be replaced.

The staff were very welcoming the helpful. The property is charming with character. I would like to specially thank Ms. Hamim at The Club reception desk - she is smart, helpful and resourceful. Spa experience was great. We would love to stay there again!!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Amazing buffet breakfast

There were 3 wedding receptions within our 6 night stay. The first wedding was extremely loud, no mention from staff before booking or check in that there was going to be this event. Notice would have been nice.

Amazing buffet breakfast Amazing pool Bed was extremely comfortable!

Ok
    • Superior King Room

We were not sure if we entitled for happy hour at lounge or not. No one inform us on anything. Until we hv to check n one staff said yes n another said no. The Indian waitress at lounge was very annoying n rude

Lounge atmosphere was very lovely

A great city escape within the city - too bad you need to go out for food

breakfast is super basic. coffee is very average but to be expected at any hotel. minibar is also very basic the hotel is losing a lot of extra revenue opportunity here.

the greenery, the space, the room, easy parking!

Relaxing oasis with great food
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

That I had to leave again...

Lovely setting with the pool and little park, makes you feel like far away from KL yet just 10 min drive to Subang airport. Enjoyed authentic Italian food in the resto.

Terrible.
    • Club Room

We made an error in reservation, and email booking.com after that, no reply from you. Upon check out on Sunday the Club was closed for breakfast, and staff did not even both to inform guests to take breakfast at the main hotel. Totally disappointed and frustrated with both booking.com and the hotel.

That this place was overall convenient location wise

Ive stayed here twice in less than a month and the rooms & bathrooms were dirty when I got there. Toilets and toilet floor had hair all over, shoe marks everywhere and the house keeping used a towel that guest uses to wipe the floor and toilet bowl! When complained to the manager on duty, he was not very responsive.

That this place was overall convenient location wise

Feels like a short holiday even if you choose to stay only as a stopover near Subang Airport
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

Resort like feel - spacious garden and pool area. Ideal location if you have a early flight out of Subang - 5 minutes from the airport yet not noise from planes

Overall environment
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

I booked 1 double bed but when check in they put me n my partner into a room wif 2 single bed but did not inform us. When we reach the roon then only found out. So i requested to change but they say their rooms are running on high occupancy so no rooms to be changed. Then i remember seeing a notice while check in cqn upgrade d room to The Club by add on RM150. So i decided to change to The Club. Questions: a) why the reservation staff nvr inform me abt d changes in d room as they know abiut my request, b) why they did not offer an option for me to change roon to The Club?

Overall environment

Good

The bed is good and pillows are fluffy but we're expecting King size Bed - extra large as per described but its just normal double bed. We thought the swimming pool need a lift and refurbished as what they have done to the rooms. The breakfast spread also good just if they expand more dishes and changed the menu alternate days. The room service are very pricey - so go out to Citta Mall and dine in. A lot of food outlets offered around the vicinity.

We love the room. It's big and we know they have just been uplift. We love the ground landscape with lush gardens and big trees. It reminds us to Bali and we feel good throughout our 2 nights stay. Plenty of parking space. The staff are lovely and attentive.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

• Executive Deluxe King Room

They so called “upgraded” me to the club and spa, swiped RM500 off my credit, only to find the room filthy and filled with mosquitoes. No porter service, and my kids and I had to find our room which was on ground floor. The hotel lacks signage, and you have to walk everywhere to find your hotel room. I did not feel safe and my event was in the main hotel. I will never stay here again, and will never recommend anyone to stay here.

Did not stay due to staff.
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

Did not stay due to staff. Only paid for the night. Most incompetent and unfriendly staff in a five star hotel I have ever experienced in my life. No solution orientation at all. Not willing to discuss solutions at all (quote: „I will experience to you for the last time. I have better things to do“).

Friendly and accommodating staff.
    • Superior King Room

For a 5-star property, I would say that this is not a good value for money. Given that it is not close to any establishment, it is hard to go somewhere without booking for a taxi. They provide free shuttle service yet not very frequent and goes to different locations. We booked a taxi to Chitta mall for 11 people and we were charged 135 ringgit (1 van + 1 car) as compared when we took Grab which cost us 18 ringgit for 3 cars. Perhaps it is our fault that we took their transport services yet I expect the charge to not be 8 times as much than regular public transport.

Friendly and accommodating staff.

Very welcoming hotel.
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

If anything; the bake-off bread at the breakfast buffet... A European traveller should never eat bread in Malaysia! Stick to the local breakfast dishes! much better!

Very welcoming hotel. Open spaces without windows feel super! Makes you one with the outside nature. Reception and concierge staff are all smiles all the time! Rooms are spacious and well equipped. My room at block #3 was quite a walk from the reception area. Swimming pool and outside resting area were magnificent. All the food; from small bar snack to the main restaurants is excellent.

Transit Trip Expensive Stay
    • Superior King Room

Room service food too expensive and not delicious also. Standard room no bathtub need to pay additional RM100 for executive room then can have it. This should have indicated before booking.. No drinking water and only have one toothbrush although booked for two persons. Serve food to room, waiter didn't remove shoe then walk all the way in..

Environmental is good..

It was a pleasant short stay and the kids really enjoyed the pool.
    • Superior King Room

We didn’t like that the Hotel does not have a coffee house/general restaurant anymore. Although room service menu was good it is very uncomfortable to have to eat in room. Certain housekeeping staff were ill mannered towards us and 1 concierge staff gave us bad info - not good as they should be well trained about info of their own hotel!

Bed was comfy. Shower was good. Croissants at breakfast were delicious! Local cuisine at breakfast & dinner buffet at Charcoal was very tasty. Front office, guest service operator, Charcoal and 2 of the concierge staff gave good service.

This time, terrible.
    • Superior King Room

The way I was treated by the Manager in charge for the day. Firstly, I was told that I could not get my receipts upon full payment and that deposit shall be given even though I have made full payment. Later on, the manager called to pass the receipts. But the manner the conversation was carried out were not very pleasant as I mentioned I am a regular here and have always had my receipts printed out immediately upon payment. But he insisted that I can only obtain my receipts upon check out and that they have no way to print out upon payment. I was very upset as I mentioned this is not the right way as once payment is done, receipts Should be given as a normal practise. But my concerns were that I needed I leave in the middle of the night due to work duties and would be unable to get my receipts to claim my company. Later on he called my room and told me he found a way to print out the receipts and sent the receipts over. Secondly I have always made full payment for the rooms without the need for deposits to make it more convenient upon check out and for the mini bar to be locked. However when I informed that to the manager of the day, He insisted that they never had such policy. So I asked for a clarification as I have always been doing so. And that I repeatedly informed that I would not be able. To do check outs in the morning as I might need to leave for work after much needed rest. I informed of he could checked my account as I an a regular here but Again, I was given the same answer and that they could not retrive my regular stay in Saujana. I was very disappointed and perhaps this will be my last time staying in this hotel. Thank you.

The stay was very comfort, enjoyable despite of the 2 flaws which i mentioned before.
    • Superior King Room

Even though the room is for 2 pax but hotel only give for 1 pax only and we need to request for the other one. The water pressure also is rather slow.

The building is nice so does the pool. Very green and relaxing environment.

Overall, my stay was pleasant. I enjoyed it very much. I'm looking forward to stay in your premises
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast was not to expectation. The egg dish was not good.My in law did not know there is egg dish as they are not offered. They are Japanese, so they usually shy. Traffic can be quite bad during certain hours

I like the privacy & environment surrounding. Very quiet & cozy. Staff are helpful (Mr Faiz) to some complication on checking in

Expected more for the price charged
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

Building was very old. Toiletries were of very average quality. Only 2mineral water bottles in the room.TV channels were very limited. Very disappointing

Breakfast was good

Enjoyable
    • Superior King Room

It’s a very pricey resort and the food is quite expensive too, compared to central Kuala Lumpur were I had stayed a few nights however this is perhaps because they have the golf course. Also be careful about the deposit you have to leave when you check in, it’s basically the value of your stay which can be very pricey especially when you’re not expecting that much. Also I was spending one of my anniversary nights at the resort and had sent them a message through booking.com to help me make it a little extra special however they didn’t respond. When I got to the resort they made no effort to help when I asked at the desk.

Amenities in particular golf course access is nice to have ....

Comfortable for family but far away if you want to leave the hotel

Good hotel with nice facilities. BUT location is not good. Citta Mall shopping centre nearby is appalling. Paradigm Mall is also nearby and very nice, BUT hard to get taxi to go back to hotel. Grab fair was RM7-11, but taxi drivers at the rank wanted RM25!!! Cannot use Grab as no internet. Can try to hook up to nearby cafe wifi and call Grab.

Great resort like hotel!
    • Superior King Room

The room is not well ventilated. Bed and especially the pillow seems synthetic and too high for comfort..

Resort like accommodation. Relaxing atmosphere! Restaurant and staff were awesome.

Fabulous
    • Superior King Room

Extensive buffet breakfast included in the rate, lovely setting & pool, quiet for relaxing and doing business, very good "RP's Whisky Bar" plus can use facilities at the golf club and sign to room bill.

Always pleasant.
    • Superior King Room

please get a business center that works, this is your Achilles' heel. I carry a portable printer because last time I tried to use your Business Center, it took me sometime to locate, and when I walked in there it was all turned off with no assistant. Improve this and you would make some people happy.

The location and ease to come and go given I use this hotel on a regular basis.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Great Overall Experience, only WLAN needs to be improved
    • Superior King Room

The only thing which I have now noticed a few times is that the wireless internet connection is very slow. This applies both to the free of charge and paid version. If this minor item could be fixed, this would be an absolutely superb hotel.

I travel to this location on regular basis and really believe that value for money is great. The facilities are clean, modern and the whole hotel facilities provide for a great experience.

Breakfast advertised as open at 6am.
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast advertised as open at 6am. Why is it nothing happens until 6.30/6.45. Not the first time I had to go and find a cheff to cook an omlette at 6.45. Not acceptable.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

always a good experience
    • Superior King Room

nothing. all was, as always, good.

The Saujana Kuala Lumpur is always my first choice when travelling to KL. Friendly staff, very nice installations and very convenient for business. Good choice of restaurants and bars inside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Wouldn't accept UK legal currency. Gave me some difficulty as nowhere local to exchange but very expensive for food and drink which wasn't quite worth the price tag

. great staff

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

A luxury escape only a short distance from the 'bussle' of KL.
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

We loved the feeling of 'space', with the hotel covering many hectares, but as I had a bad knee I found getting around all the facilities difficult.

The Buffet at breakfast was fantastic, and the food at other times was excellent too. (We particularly enjoyed the Japanese restaurant). The staff at all times were attentive and friendly.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Enjoyable stay
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

Food at function was not up to expectation. Breakfast however was okay.

Room was comfortable and all requests were met. Staff were helpful. Mini bar well stocked

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Ten out of ten - peaceful and lovely.
    • Superior King Room

It's not exactly close to anywhere, but that could be one of it's charms...

What a lovely resort - the staff are so nice and the rooms are modern and well furnished. It has several fine resto's and bars. Will def, stay again.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Unique hotel design
    • Superior Twin Room

Unique hotel design

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

good for relaxing & near to mall (short drive)

nil

green environment

ROOM IS COMFORTABLE

PEACE RELAXING

ROOM IS COMFORTABLE

Everything about the room.

All okay..

Everything about the room..

Service was quite bad and slow.... minibar not replenished and had to request for it .... Room Service was terrible

Clean Rooms Expected. The most basic thing
    • Superior King Room

Dirty Bathrooms!!!!! Had to call housekeeping to clean the bathrooms again and they did not offer to change my room.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The foods very excellent.
    • Superior King Room

The swimmimg pool not suitable for the kids

The foods very excellent.

room well equipped, nice bed

room servicing was very late and had to remind 2 times

room well equipped, nice bed

The coffee shop

The coffee shop

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Last minute booked and worth it

Good place to have alone time for awhile. Japanese lady at the reception.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Breakfast was ordinary and selection was limited.

Breakfast selection very limited

Breakfast was ordinary and selection was limited. Overall the breakfast should be inproved. Expected more

The food
    • Superior King Room

The mosquitos which could be seen even in the meeting rooms

The food

Good experience, good view & cleanness
    • Superior King Room

Mosquitos in swimming pool areas..

The room so cozy😊

An Upgraded Adventure
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

The birds' droppings in front of my room door leading towards the pool.

The private outdoor pool. For upgrading my room at no additional cost.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Shower

TV

Shower

Did not get the room with bath tub which I requested weeks...

Did not get the room with bath tub which I requested weeks before my stay

Good

When we having our breakfast there is an interruption from...
    • Superior King Room

When we having our breakfast there is an interruption from the birds as we were sitting at the outside

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Room is normal.

Room is too dim.

Room is normal.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

dirty furnuture and reception need more training men

dirty furnuture and reception need more training men

Clean, Open and quiet

The hotel is quiet and friendly. I also like the open feel of the hotel

Room and restaurant

Room and restaurant

The pool was poorly maintained

The pool was poorly maintained

I think breakfast is too normal and choises are very boring. Cake is too big psc, coffee no taste.

Coffee in room not refillable.

Room is very clean and comfortable, quiet and view from room very nice.

Very convenient is your using Subang airport.

Very convenient is your using Subang airport.

Nice place to relax after busy days in KL

Nice place to relax after busy days in KL

Nice hotel but poor room
    • Superior King Room

Room is dated and needs refurbishing, and slow staff services

Swimming pool and natural surroundings

Quiet hotel. Ample car park
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

The breakfast varieties very limited. The foods are not hot either

Clean place. Quiet hotel. Away from city area

Excellent.

Everything is good. But breakfast can be improve

The room is comfortable

Clean and comfoet room

Need improvement on breakfast menu and taste.

Clean room and wifi

overall, a great experience
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast buffet did not meet my expectations

The room was extremely comfortable, facilities were good, and its a lovely resort for a weekend getaway.

Unless the service standard improved and pricing on the outlet reduced, will not come back

Slow and poor response from staff, poor room cleanliness, expensive

The place was nice to live in till we found some insects inside the room
    • Executive Deluxe King Room

its not clean as expected, too many insects inside the room

Friendly staff
    • Superior King Room

Nothing... all perfect to me😘

Friendly staff

Very relaxing ambience. Perfect for what I was looking for.

Ambience is great.

It was a memorable stay and the staff was helpful and friendly
    • Superior King Room

The surrounding of the hotel and the deco in the room makes it feel cozy and peaceful

Generally ok

No sauna

Great Place. Nice Staff

Caring Staff

Will return
    • Superior King Room

Room is comfortable and breakfast is delicious

Short stay over, will definately wanna comeback again
    • Superior King Room

Should consider a shelter or covered car park of even a covered walkway to d parking area.

Easily accessible, overall quiet & cosy environment

Serenity of the surroundings
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast.. food was not up to expectation

Serenity of the surroundings

Very boring nights as there was nothing entertaining in the hotel and in the vicinity of the hotel.
    • Superior King Room

Sprawling complex, too much walking from carpark to lobby to room.

Quiet, lake, large pool

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Near to Subang Airport, surrounded by lush green

A bit old, unstable wifi

Convenient location, just 7 mins away from Subang Airport. Room was clean and spacious with garden view.