Reviews of Vivanta by Taj- Rebak Island, Langkawi 5 stars

P.O.Box 125, 07000 Pantai Cenang, Malaysia

#14 of 79 hotels in Pantai Cenang

Restaurant and Bar are excellent.
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

Rodents and big lizards are very common and even may anytime enter your rooms. Need to be very careful. Spa was very small and cannot accommodate multiple person at a time.

Restaurant and Bar are excellent. Staff is very nice, polite and helping moreover in an island where other hotels are known for bad attitude and rude behavior of their staff. Beach and swimming pool are very much clean.

Reasonable value.
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

The luncheon fish barbecue was delicious, but whoppingly expensive. No prices were displayed anywhere beforehand.

Reasonable value. Beautiful setting. Spacious rooms. Wonderfully quiet- no over-jolly activities and no noisy machines. There was a jet ski near the beach but, mercifully, no one used it. I recommend they get rid of it; it just does not sui the hotel’s style.

My stay in Vivanta
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

It's not so much of "didn't like" but I think some things could be improved such as boat schedules of 30 minutes to Cenang instead of the hour. Also It's a pity that the last schedule is at 7:45 pm as you need to rush back. I find that you can also encourage a late checkout for guests when it's non peak times at your resort especially if they paid in full when making the bookings. It's also some small things that were missing like the management staff approaching us to start conversation with us about our stay, or breakfast especially when you know your first time guests. It does create a personal touch and a sense of welcome. It's also simple things, like switching on the fan at an area the guest is seated without waiting for them to ask. We did not ask, but I realised the fans were switched on elsewhere but it's that small gestures that I noticed would have made me feel like the hotel goes out of their way to make an impression. There was no major issues, but these simple touches is what gives you the essence of hospitality. The cleanliness of the room was good but the heater was switched off when our room was cleaned. We got home drenched from the rain and had to wait long for the water to be heated. This was unpleasant but if you can't do much about the way the heater is installed, you can at least leave it switched on for the guest especially during rainy season. We were asked to checkout multiple times or reminded to checkout an hour earlier but we had extended our checkout because of our flight time. And when we got there it was just to return the cards and we were done, we were just seated at the lobby which we needn't have been rushed. I believe that these small gestures and many more doesn't cost money but it goes a long way etched in the memory of your guests making them wanting to return because they get the privacy your hotel structure offers and warmth of hospitality your staff offers.

I liked my stay very much because I wanted some quiet time, tranquility and a relaxing stay and your property gave that. You have a beautiful property and some may say dated but I say the building has character. I loved it. A nice touch with the welcome cake. We had a beautiful room facing the sea. Your front line staff at the ferry and the guys who drive the buggy for us were brilliant. They were very thoughtful, kind and informative. The rainy weather made it difficult for us to explore more plus it was a short stay but you have pleasant front line staff from Bangladesh and Nepal that made it very pleasant. They were friendly and it was some warmth in the cold we felt from the weather. I liked the breakfast served, enjoyed the different types of variety served. Your property is in an amazing location and it's half the battle won. Overall, with some very minor issues, we had an amazing stay. It's very nice for people who want some quiet time, mostly undisturbed, in tune with nature. Thank you for doing the best you can in a challenging weather.

Pleasant stay! Ideal for Honeymooners.
    • Deluxe Room with Partial Sea View

I contacted the property through the booking.com app and requested them to remove all the alcohol from the room. And i made it clear that I will be traveling there for our honeymoon. I got a response saying that, it will be done and they offered me a cake for our honeymoon. However after the arrival at the room, the mini bar was stocked with alcohol and there was absolutely nothing special about the room. I was slightly disappointed as i was expecting at least a "Happy Honeymoon"card or some decoration as seen in the tripadvisor pictures. It is not about the cake or a greeting card or any petty thing, it's about the emotions and sentiments you feel when you are graced with love care without asking. Its a feel good factor. We stayed in room 1009. (check in - 28th august & check out - 30th august) The general decor of the room is outdated and not at all flexible. The AC had a serious water leakage (for which i informed the staff and they promptly sent over two maintenance guys who were very unkempt) The door of the balcony, when tightly shut had about 2cm of space beneath it. Which caused us trouble once as a lizard entered the room and exited from the same place before we could call the front desk to sort it out for us. So, that was concerning. The drain of our bathtub was clogged and i had to call the front desk to have it unclogged. Like i said, the general furniture/decor of the room requires a serious update. Another thing i would like to point out is that the location of the light switches for the bedside lamps is at a very awkward position. And it requires you to get up and then reach the switches.

The staff super friendly and kind. They understood the requirements and they took care of all related requests. The food from the restaurant was very good. When we walked around the property, the staff travelling in the golf carts slowed down when near us and wished us pleasantries. I liked the fact that there is a mosque on the property, but there is no signage or mention of it anywhere. Had to ask the staff to guide me. The atmosphere is peaceful and serene. it gives you a proper feel of being away from home and that you're on a getaway. The staff was prompt. The All in all, the stay was very pleasant and enjoyable.

Good location if you want to chill.
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

The rules had been changed and I was no longer permitted to purchase food or drink at the Yacht Club restaurant . This had a negative effect on my stay.

The daily Happy hours at the beach bar. The room steward Aynul was really good and kept my room well stocked with drinking water and Nescafé the roomwas always really clean and insect free.

Renovations of the rooms are strongly needed. Yet, a beautiful location and surroundings.
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

The resort is of need of renovations, specially the rooms. They are quite used and outdated in my opinion. It feels like a 4 star hotel at best, not a 5 star resort. The shuttle to the main island should be more frequent and should have trips at night. You basically have to be at the hotel by 7:30 pm!!

The natural surroundings of the property. It is very beautiful. The staff are also very friendly.

Fabulous!
    • Deluxe Room with Partial Sea View

Do note that the property is on an exclusive island and you need to take a ferry to reach the main island. Ferries don't depart very often, about once in an hour or so. and there is no other way to leave the island except the Vivanta ferries. This is not a drawback but might be a hindrance for those who like to be on the move.

Staff were very friendly and the food was amazing! Almost all our extra requests were immediately addressed. The property is beautiful and very peaceful in the midst of natural beauty.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

One very uncomfortable night, cancelled the rest of our stay and could not wait to leave the island.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The hotel had no hot water in our room and the water that came from the tap was brown to start with. the whole facility lacks proper maintenance and did not natch the pictures on the website. The bathroom had paint peeling off the walls, the tile grout was mouldy on the floor, bath and shower. The ceiling in the bed room was mouldy. the linen on the bed was not fresh and comfortable. Toilet did not flush properly. We asked for as full refund.

Food was ok

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The food and the ambience of the property was amazing.
    • Deluxe Room with Partial Sea View

The houseekeeping staff was not prompt in their service. Had to reach out to them multiple times for one service.

The food and the ambience of the property was amazing. Loved the food at the in house restaurant.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Excellent stay.
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

Travelled to the destination with my wife and kids below thirteen years of age. Very helpful and attentive staff. Went out of the way to make us comfortable during our stay.

It was very nice and we are very happy with our stay.
    • Deluxe Room with Partial Sea View

Double bed is 2 beds combined hence the middle part is hard to sleep on.

Buffet breakfast is international and has a big variety. Room service is perfect, food is great. Staffs are very helpful, friendly. The island is calm and full of nature surprises.

he worst hotel I have ever seen in my life The staff at the...
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

he worst hotel I have ever seen in my life The staff at the hotel are very bad The water in the bathroom is cold There are no towels Called more than 6 times for two hours They did not respond until after threatening the worst thing in Lenkawi

The breakfast had a good selection and the complex was nice .
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

The rooms could do with a refresh and the neighbours above us were very noisy . The staff were very slow and not very attentive compared to other 5* hotels we have been too. The food was expensive compared to the mainland and it wasn’t much better . The roasted vegetable sandwich on the lunch menu had hardly any vegetables in it and was very dry .

The breakfast had a good selection and the complex was nice . The rooms were very spacious.

It was private
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Inadequate staff, it not worth the price. You go to a private island to swim on a beach full of rubbish such a plastic bottles. Very bad location for a private resort. Staff very slow and not sensitive to guest. We are unhappy.

It was private

Disappointed family holiday. Will not visit ever again.
    • Deluxe Room with Partial Sea View

Very low value for money. Understaffed during meal times. Not maintained and absolutely poor facilities. Will not recommended to my family and friends. Front office staff not interested in feedback. Left feeling disappointed.

Quite environment with decent rooms.

There is a bad smell in some locations
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

There is a bad smell in some locations During my stay the AC conditioner was laking and they just came and put the towel there to remove the water Next day when they clean the room they didn’t take the old towel its leave a smell at our room and they didn’t leave me new towels for the bathroom I called them to bring me towels ( Ac ) The second day they came and fix it But at the last night it lakes again There was a bouton in the room phone ( to call the duty manger ) So i did called him And the only thing he can do He says i am sorry i will send some one to fix it I told him i am leaving coz its not the first time to had this problem ( bas respond ) To be honest the location of the hotel absolutely charming but they have to take care about the maintenance and cleanliness of the place

Very relaxing place inside nature and I would recommend it to people who love nature.
    • Deluxe Room with Partial Sea View

there was some smoking smell because they burn the rubbish I think at the back of the hotel. there are lots of lizards in the stairs of the building but luckily no lizards entered the room but it made us feel not so comfortable because of the lizards at the stairs. there was some water leakage in the air conditioning. the restaurant is expensive.

The location is amazing, so peaceful place and romantic and relaxing island. The stuff are so nice, breakfast is very good. There are activities inside the hotel, like ping-pong, bike rent and other things. The toilet and the supplied shampoo and shower gel were really great. This is a perfect place for people who love nature Asik from room service made the room for us with flowers and swan towel because he knew we were in a honey moon, that was very nice of him

Okay
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

Ferr y timings are a real pain, its like being in a jail. Would not recommend to people who want to enjoy evenings in langkawi

Hotel is beautiful and staff is okay. Good for honeymooners

Overpriced and over rated, not the peaceful 5 star experience we expected
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

This is maybe a 3 star property, not 5 star as advertised. The accommodation was way overpriced for the quality of the property. There was tons of garbage washed up on one of the beaches and lots of bottles and garbage washing up on the main beach everyday. We were told they clean this up every three months, not acceptable! Also told that the hotel guests are responsible for much of the rubbish on the main beach. Monitor your guests please! The entire property is in need of an upgrade. There is an abandoned glass factory on the island where the nature trail leads that is full of crap from the resort. Pool loungers are old and worn etc. there were also many families with screaming children in the pool and on the beach everyday. Don't know why they come here as there is NOTHING to do for children other than swim. This was not the peaceful 5 star experience that we expected especially for the price of over $200 per day! The bed was uncomfortable

The staff are exceptionally nice and made up for many shortcomings. There is only so much they can do with what they have, however. . The room was nice and the food is good and reasonably priced. Massage at the spa was also nice.

Just Average!
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

Food were overly priced. Although a luxury hotel, the beds were hard, pillow too soft, and despite paying a hefty sum for the rooms, we had to pay for other activities like squash, billiards (RM33 per hour), and badminton, Even bicycles are charged hourly - not even daily! Pool was not cleaned and even with googles on - u can clearly see the bottom of the pool - stagnant water with no self cleaning system. Only jengga, carrom and congkak were free activities.

I would like to comment on the service of Mr. Jalal - the caddy driver as he was really courteous and helpful in taking us around as well as always greeting with a smile whenever we bumped into each other. Ideal for a detox from hustle and bustle with EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD WIFI thorughout the property.

Nicest location, best views & the staff is so helpful...

Not at all.

Nicest location, best views & the staff is so helpful and friendly. I highly recommend it for family. Receptionists are giving u very warm welcome & all services are so fast.

Overall out stay at Vivanta is good but the resort is a little bit old, need more maintenance
    • Deluxe Room with Partial Sea View

- no guildline for check in from jetty staff - check in process was long, no welcome drink until askingn check in staff - nothing is free, guest need to pay extra cost for bicycle or kayaking. - Toilet and bathtube is old. It should be more maintenance to keep the resort look better.

- Good pool - Free buffet offer for the kids from chef manager. - comfy bed - beach water is warm but there are some sharp stuff which may cause injury for your feet. - ontime jetty schedule - it should be rate 4 star instead of 5 star resort. With extra cost for the kids, it is a little bit over-rate compare to the resort facility and quality.

Great facility for family vacation.
    • Luxury Suite with Garden View

Cost of activities not mentioned upfront by ‘Naam’ travel agency. Credit card not accepted, only cash at fish farm, pregnant maiden lake for activities

Great facility for family vacation. Staffs from every department (front desk, kitchen, buggy, room keeping) very hospitable. Loved our stay. Highly recommended

6.0
    Very pleasant, but not without issues.
    • Luxury Suite with Garden View

Firstly, I should say we had a very pleasant few days at Vivanta on Rebak island. But there are issues here, mainly around cleanliness. We booked a two-bedroom apartment in the garden area of the complex. The apartment itself was very pleasant. But the two very small, rather dingy bathrooms are badly in need of refurbishment. The low point was the discovery of mushrooms growing in the bath area of one of the bathrooms. I don’t mean mould (there was plenty of that too!), I mean actual mushrooms. We informed housekeeping, and asked them to inform management, but we didn’t receive any follow up. The mushrooms were removed by housekeeping, but the walls and fixtures in the bathroom must be riddled with spores. There were clear signs of multiple instances of touch-up work in both bathrooms, which gives the rooms a bit of a shabby feeling. With such fundamental issues with basic cleanliness, you wonder if they need to rip out the bathrooms and redo them, with better insulation and cleaning against mould and fungus. The rooms were tidied each day, but not really cleaned. Dirty dishes were left outside the room for hours at a time, attracting insects and no doubt tempting other wildlife too. I had to call Housekeeping on several occasions to get dishes cleaned up. In one case, the dishes were left there all day. In a tropical climate, you would have thought leaving filthy dishes outside in the heat for hours at a time would be a basic no no. As well as this, we had multiple, ongoing issues with the keys to the apartment. The magnetic keys kept malfunctioning, and the lock itself had to be completely reset about 3 times. We must have gone through about 15 keys during our stay, and were locked out for extended periods on two occasions, including once rather late at night. Again, no follow up from the management on this.

The property is beautifully situated on the island of Rebak, off Langkawi, accessible via a short boat ride. The pool area and beach are lovely for swimming and relaxing. The two bedroom suite we had was more like an apartment, and was spacious and well appointed. The staff are all extremely friendly, and very helpful. The food is a high point, especially the Malay and India specialties. Portions are extremely generous.

Disappointing and misleading
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

On several occasions I requested ice and they failed to deliver. The most disappointing and disturbing experience was that I also found a bug on the desk in my room. Furthermore the view was covered by trees even though the photos illustrated in the booking showed direct sea view of the sand. The option of not being able to be out past 7:45pm in mainland Langkawi is extremely disappointing and this should have been outlined in the booking alot more clearly.

The staff were phenomenal

Paradise in Langkawi
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

This resort is a paradise in Langkawi. The rooms are big, beautiful, clean, have modern facilities. There is a bathtub also. The rooms also have a balcony with a few chairs to enjoy tea or coffee while looking at nature. The property is just amazing. Taj has part of Rebak island and it is the only property on that island. It's beautiful, natural and so well maintained. Loved everything, the small beach, swimming pool, nature trails. I had a good run in the early morning following the nature trail. The Indian food at their restaurant is delicious. Breakfast had a lot of varieties and indian spread was nice. The staff is very hospitable especially the resort manager Hitesh. Also liked the cart which u can take to reach ferry point and other places of resort.

Love the place, peace, quite, the greens, very friendly...
    • Premium Suite with Garden View

I find it less clean & the house keeping forgot to replace the use things in the bathroom.

Love the place, peace, quite, the greens, very friendly staffs & the fantastic food

All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

Was hoping to see more monitor lizards!

All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Sea view from the room was excellent. Food was good quality. Lots of wildlife on the island.

Nice.
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

Food over price. Too expensive vs other beach resort. Boat fr Cenang to resort only till 7.45pm. (Chargeable RM160pertrip after that). Pls extend to 10.30pm or 11.00pm to make me visit again.

Staff n cleanliness. V fast action or response. Very relaxing n quiet.

The staff at Vivanta were very professional and helpful.
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

There was not much communication between the staff at the hotel with the staff at the jetty. We booked and paid for transport from the jetty to the airport while we were checking out, and were told that there would be a car waiting for us at the jetty. However, upon arrival there was no one there to pick us up, after waiting around 15-20 minutes and finally speaking to a member of staff about this, we were the last ones picked up.

The staff at Vivanta were very professional and helpful. They never hesitated to go out of their way to make our stay more comfortable. We were blown away by the array of food available, especially with the breakfast and dinner buffet. We were super pleased with how delicious it was and the wide variety of food there was during our stay.

Fell short on our expectations and value for our money for a luxury hotel stay.
    • Luxury Suite with Garden View

Having been looking forward to a luxury hotel experience where the benchmark has been set by our previous experience of luxury hotels in Langkawi, we didn’t like having to have complained about the cleanliness of the beach, on the service that we received from staffs who were not engaging with us, the lack of activities for the kids, and the poor communication between the staff st the hotel with the staff at the jetty causing an over crowded and increased waiting time at the jetty for airport transfer. Our comments were well received by the hotel. we hope the future travellers will not have to make such observations and have a more pleasant stay.

The immediate action by the Manager to take our observations into actions and make the remaining day of stay a more pleasant one especially for the kids who got disappointed with the condition of the beach and the unavailability of activities.

An amazing experience. We'd come back without hesitation
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

The beach could get a bit more cleaning. To my mind, the tide is never an excuse for a beach resort on an island.

Staff extremely well trained, courteous and professional. Always ready to walk the extra mile for the guests. Comparing with other resorts in the rest of Malaysia, that exceeded my expectations pretty much.

Excellent stay at a reasonable price!
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

By the last day of our stay the place had got too crowded. One could see it's effect on WiFi and the crowded pool. The beach is small and rocky, the option to swim in the sea doesn't really exist. Also, though kayaking is complimentary, you need to be confident enough to venture out on your own!

We loved exploring the island which is part of the property. The breakfast buffet was great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Cycling around is a great option. We made use of the small Library stocked with books in different languages. Spotting birds and monitor lizard was fun and exciting. I loved my time watching the sea from the beach.

The Taj Vivanta at Rabak Island was outstanding and very...
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

The Taj Vivanta at Rabak Island was outstanding and very well cared for. The staff was the shining part of the bricks and walls. Amazing staff. Came from humble backgrounds of Bangladesh and Nepal, yet their attitude of Taj hospitality was a new bench mark. Kudos to the team lead by Sneha. The Chef’s team was splendid. Chef Kamal thank you. The month we visited was the month of Hari Raya, but not a single staff member made us feel uncomfortable. Thank you from the whole Sharma family. The gentlemen driving the buggies and the housekeeping staff were one of the best in the world. Superb. Thank you Jalal and Ashit for taking care of us.

Peaceful
    • Deluxe Room with Partial Sea View

Restaurant and transport to town

Great ambiance with very courteous service. Loved the surroundings and property except difficulty to go out. Place was very calm.....in fact too calm than desired. The staffs were very sweet, polite and always ready to assist. Especially bellhop Mr Jalal was excellent and very helpful.

1. Vivanta needs to benchmark internally with its own...
    • Deluxe Room with Partial Sea View

1. Vivanta needs to benchmark internally with its own Properties to keep the standards high. 2. Traffic was mostly from India and as such environment was pretty loud and vocal in most common areas. I'd recommend Vinanta to try to work towards a deliberate mix of South Asian and Indian clientele.

A peaceful family holiday in a picturesque location
    • Luxury Suite with Garden View

The bed was very hard and uncomfortable

Great service - Friendly staff, let us have a late check out Lovely location - on a secluded island, peaceful and quiet Beach and pool were great

Best for stay, not for food
    • Deluxe Room with Partial Sea View

The food is very average for the amount of money they charge. Some one the items were not even fresh. Because the hotel is located on an island, it restricts the travel to City. If you want boat at your flexibility it's 160 ringit one side.. which is expensive

Property is clean, rooms are big, you have all required facilities in the room, for Indian's it's good ad they serve Indian food

2nd Honeymoon
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

Ferry timings were too early . Guests have to be back early and cant enjoy the night life at langkawi.

The cleanliness of the property. The staff was super sweet and helpful .

It was memorable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The only drawback is the boat timing specifically in the evening. You cannot go or come back after 7.45pm. Food is very expensive at the property.

Food staff and location were wonderful.

Profoundly in love with the property, the ambience and staff but the few glitches did leave a mark
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

In my previous experiences with vivanta by Taj the food has been exceptional good and true to the local and international cuisine but I found that extremely lacking in this property. The room A/C’s were absolutely of no use. We were busy most night killing the mosquitoes that was swarming the rooms which we have no idea how they got there in the first place with us shutting all the doors and windows.

The property was very private and was well maintained in its natural habitat

Generally was ok but won't return for another stay.
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

Lots of flies and mosquitoes, not much things to do. Limited food and low quality. Rooms are dirty and old. Fan was extremely noisy.

Staff service and politeness is very good. Quiet

Overall, beautiful resort with a peaceful environment and well maintained facilities.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

There were mini Comodo dragons (not really sure if that's what they are) moving about all over the resort. That's pretty scary to be very honest :/

We stayed at the Allure Deluxe Suite and it was amazing! Direct access to the beach from our suite made it all the more appealing! The breakfast was out of the world too!

nice place for a quiet holiday
    • Luxury Suite with Garden View

Not much to do. Not Taj Vivanta standard.

We stayed at garden facing suite which was excellent and perfect for a family of 4. good place if one is looking for a quiet holiday.

Fabulous!
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

More often boat service from the center so that we can enjoy whole island without worry about time.

I was impressed the room that they have upgraded for me-just wonderful. Very helpful and kind staff for many request I asked for. I had great stay here, will be unforgettable memory-really appreciate.

Very nice and quiet place.
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

We have to arrange our schedule with the boat schedule and the last one to come back on the island is too early...

All the staff was very nice and helpful. The place is great and peaceful. The Premium Double Room with Sea Front is really amazing, very big and confortable. The breakfast is a buffet with so many choice. Nice swimming pool with see view and a bar directly in the pool.

Located on a private island, value for money and amazing...
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

While the property has an amazing location and priced well, the service quality at the resort is not at all of that of a 5 Star. There was blockage in the bathroom for which no resolution was rendered for first 30 mins of making a call to the guest service and later a staff member came and said its sorted. When I later went to check it wasnt rectified. Furiously I called the FOM (Front Office Manager) who promptly upgraded me to a better room. Again issues with piping, the water jet had leak and the water in the sink used to clog at times. I couldn’t bother complaining again as I didnt want to waste my time in shifting rooms. The fitness centre doesn’t have much equipments for strength training and walls are dirty and seems they aren’t painted in ages. Certainly the doesn’t match a Taj quality standards.

Located on a private island, value for money and amazing view. The staff was friendly but at times slow to respond.

Quiet private getaway!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

AC in the room was not very effective.

Quiet nice stand alone property on the island. It’s dense with vegetation with varied species of birds and tropical plants. Room size was excellent!

IT WAS A EXCELLENT HOLIDAY FOR ME AND MY WIFE.
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

THE FLOORS MAKE A LOT OF NOISE WHILE WALKING AND IF YOU ARE AT THAT LOWER FLOOR THEN THE GUEST STAYING ABOVE ROOM THAT NOISE IS VERY VERY UPSETTING. ( was in 219), SO IF THIS IS SORTED OUT BUY SOME SORT SOUND PROOF OR SOMETHING. IT WILL BE EXCELLENT .

The Best part was the welcome at the jetty followed up at the hotel, the greeting waS awesome, there is this one person WHO WAS JUST EXCELLENT Ms SNEHA FRONT OFFICE MANAGER. SHE WAS JUST OUTSTANDING . I WISH HER THE BEST IN HER CAREER.

Amazing staff
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

The food was not good and way too expensive, if you compare to the prices for food in general in Malaysia.

The rooms, facilities and staff where excellent.

The hotel for lizards not for peoples , we stay there I...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The hotel for lizards not for peoples , we stay there I waste my time to monitoring the lizards and other insects and big Dabb lizards , it’s not safe specially if you have kids . This lizards everywhere even inside the rooms .

Absolutely Not !!
    • Deluxe Room with Partial Sea View

We were very unfortunate and disappointed with the level of Hospitality of the Indian Brand Taj. Readers please note, it is Taj VIVANTA and not TAJ, so there in lies the difference. To say our stay was disappointing in an understatement. We chose Taj over The Danna, Berjaya and Meritus, but we returned last night with a realization that Brand may not be same everywhere. Our Check In was average, Room was below average, there was low activity in the resort. There was no beach. The food was inconsistent and bad most of the times. Few staffers were nice and good to talk to, but some were novice, rude and un-interested. It is a 3 star Resort in guise of a 5 Star name. A Shangril-La or a Ananta Hotel can do wonders with this property. Only IF.

Good
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

No facilities for kids, the beach is not that great for swimming, and No options or good restaurants. Also you need to be in the w hotel before sun set in order to catch the last boat.

Very good for people who seeks relaxation

Very good service and nice rooms, quiet, do bear in mind...
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

Only a small stretch of yellowish beach.

Very good service and nice rooms, quiet, do bear in mind it’s an island so there’s only the hotel and its restaurant /beach / facilities.

I was on a short holiday with my wife at Langkawi.
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

I was on a short holiday with my wife at Langkawi. We stayed at Taj Vivanta. It was the best holiday in the last 20 years of our married life. Right from the pick up at the airport to the transfer at ferry station, to the boat ride, check in at the hotel, the rooms, food, facilities...every aspect was the best we've ever experienced. The entire team of staff from the front office to the restaurant, spa, room service, house keeping staff and particularly the buggy drivers were all warm, friendly and made our holiday very special. I will definitely like to visit Langkawi again and stay at the Taj Vivanta.

great top resort in a unique location for an extended WE
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

air con too and fan too noisy , some aging equipment (window-door to the balcony not getting tightly closed and finition details )

top secluded location, great staff , high quality food breakfast buffet and dinner

Very relaxing but would've been nicer if it wasn't an isolated island of its own
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

Not lively due to being off the mainland. Limited ferry from and to main island, last one being 7:45 pm. If you want to stay longer in main island or miss last ferry you have to pay 160 RM for one way ferry to be arranged. Expensive food as you are off main land and not an abundance of supplies to be bought (no cigarettes available on island). Very rocky beach and pebbly sand

Great views Nice rooms and building designs Friendly and helpful staff and great housekeeping very relaxing place if you are looking for that - but not lively like main island Very good but expensive a la carte food options

Beautiful experience
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Food options are limited especially if you're a vegeterian. Also the bar has limited options. Its better to ask rather than look at the menu

The property and the rooms were brilliant. Very friendly staff and ready to help always.

Great island for your vacation

This is a hotel that you need to fight with mosquitoes. An simple screen-door may reduce our night irritation.

Nice sea view and a wonderful beach next to the fresh-water swimming pool. The environment is very quite thanks to its remote location. We very much enjoyed the breakfast with a lot of selections including one morning that we ordered a take-out breakfast for catching up our morning water activity. All staff members are helpful and ready to provide our needs. Special thanks to the team for transporting us by ferries and by golf cars everyday.

Needs improvements - mgt attitude and facilities upgrade; but fine for a family get away.

We are travelling as a family - 4 adults and 2 young children. We booked 2 rooms, at check in they informed our hotel rooms were at opposite ends of the resort, which we were not expecting. They did offer to move us closer together the next day, but tried to blame us for choosing the wrong room categories - we input our number of guests and selected the rooms as provided, how are we to know the different categories or the layout of the resort?! We did move rooms from level 1 to ground floor for convenience with 2 young children. The g/f room had a terrible sewer smell in the bathroom; and was inconsistent with the room details - we didn't have mosquito repellent in the new room and one of our boys ended up with severe swelling from being bitten over night. The reservation manager asked what they could do to make the stay better, I asked what they could offer, but she insisted I tell her what I wanted, so I said, how about a complimentary spa treatment for the adults (4); she countered with 20% discount instead and nothing else! I eventually spoke to the GM - Mr. Ravi, who was the least sincere person I could have found and deflected all the issues mentioned above plus other minor details (including, not receiving WIFI details to login, no information on where or time of breakfast, didn't give map of the resort etc). We lost interest in pursuing it further since the attitude was so bad - told him that you could easily appease the customer by apologizing and offering a round of drinks on the hotel... 2 hours later (around 8.30 pm), after we had ordered room service, we get a call to say they would like to offer us buffet dinner that evening as their gesture - too little too late; we did eventually have a complimentary dinner the next night.

There was one outstanding staff - Bukha (sp?), who was very good with our 2 young children, taking care of them on the buggy rides, taking them to feed the fish at the marina and very friendly and helpful.

A very relaxing holiday, enjoying beautiful nature
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

The swimming pool could have been bigger, but it did not matter for us, as we could swim in the sea.

Spectacular island, very nice nature walks, organised by the hotel. Most friendly and helpful staff. Good restaurant with lots to choose from. The beach is beautiful, comfortable to swim in the sea there, which was important for us.

A beautiful family holiday location, with outstanding Staff, marred by greedy management policies.
    • Luxury Suite with Garden View

The evening access to to the mainland, which was very restricted by the boat schedule. For most people on a short stay, it would probably be acceptable, but after two weeks, it starts to feel like a prion sentence. The management policy of charging extra for EVERYTHING. If you're going to incarcerate people on an island for 2 weeks, you have to entertain them, not fleece them.

The serene and relaxing location. The AMAZINGLY friendly and helpful Bar Staff and Reception Staff who went out of their way to solve any little niggles and generally make us feel welcome in a home from home type environment.

Calm & quiet, nice ambiance stay experiencing beauty of nature, sea.
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

Food (limited option from international cuisine point of view and price is on higher side) Commuting with main land is not easy. Has to always depend on boat timings, which is shuttling on fixed schedule between jetty and hotel.

Ambiance inside the hotel property.

Not value for money due to the poor outdated facilities, it was a 5 star hotel back to 20 years ago
    • Deluxe Room with Partial Sea View

The facilities are very old, the standard stay in 20 years back, not properly maintained, no hot water supplied of the shower in the bathroom until complaint lodged, the TV reception was poor, the double lock of the room door could not been fixed after the technician checked. The hotel is owned by Indian Corp, 80% of the guess came from India, all the focus to the Indian guesses, especially the menu in the restaurant, I felt I was visiting India and not Malaysia! Much less choices for guesses from other part of the world. The boat service between the hotel in the Rebak Island to the other side of Langkawi stops at 7:45 pm, we need to take the quick dinner and rush back the jetty to catch the last boat in the day, because the menu was not meeting our expectation and have to find other restaurants outside Rebak Island. I made wrong choice for booking with non refundable. The GM and the Front Desk Manager tried hard to convince us not to discontinue our stay, as no refund would be arranged, we were reluctantly to stay the entire 5 days 4 nights to suffer the poor facilities, however, I must give merit to the staff, very friendly and helpful.

Staff were very helpful, friendly, trained to meet the expectation and request from the guess

Very good facility. I would not hesitate to stay again.
    • Luxury Suite with Garden View

The food was pricey. Limited Western food options.

The grounds are lush and we'll maintained. The staff friendly and attentive. The 2 bedroom villa was excellent.

Relax and take in the environment
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

Closing time for the pool is very early. For an island resort with nothing much to do in the evenings, the pool and it's bar closing at 8 pm, is a real bummer.

The partial sea view room was spacious and contrary to what we had thought, had no bugs/mosquitoes whatsoever. Do look out the windows for a glimpse of toucans flying around. The pool & poolside bar, the beach, the amazing Indian food, buffet breakfast was just as variant as it comes, staff was attentive, bed was huge, check in and check out was a breeze, the nature walk was a mini adventure. Some people don't appreciate the curfew on the return boat from the mainland island(last boat leaves at 7:45). For us, we were there to appreciate the island and everything the Vivanta offered was worthy of praise. The Chicken and Beef Biryani at the Senari was exceptional and very generously portioned.

Peace and quite
    • Luxury Suite with Garden View

Restricted timing for the boat transfer to the island , unable to enjoy the night life in town, furniture out dated, not much ti do for children

Quite location, large rooms, friendly staff... Excellent place for honey moon or for someone who wants to have peace and quite , good breakfast

Friendly staff.
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

Last Boat from main land to Rebak Island is at 7:45 which is too early, so Langkawi night life can not be enjoyed.

Friendly staff. Neat and clean private Beach and Pool Bar. Very happy that I choose this hotel :)

Nice and quiet property with nice pool
    • Premium Suite with Garden View

Property is a little tired. Water pressure is bathrooms/bath and intermittent internet connection were downsides. Staff need more attention to detail and to listen to customers rather than not hearing and doing or ordering the wrong thing

Tasty food. Lots of breakfast options

Serene beaches, beautiful rooms, isolation in a deserted island and friendly staff

The serene beach

The hotel is wonderful just wished if they allowed late night ferry rides. I had a sick child the hotel staff offered to buy medication due to the logistics issue. I appreciated the same, however would not book in future if am traveling with children

a nice getaway
    • Superior Double Room with Garden View

The property would gain by paying more attention to details: shower was leaking, toilets at the pool view from the room had no interest, no late boat to come back from the main island after 7:45pm (or not free), no complimentary airport shuttle (if booked via Booking hotel charges 15 MYR/per pax)

the location is great, quiet, super nice pool, smiling staff, great service, close to the airport.

Nice place, beatiful beach, friendly staff,
    • Premium Double Room Sea Front

Lot of waste by the sea coast, dirty chairs by the sea, internet was available only for 24h, lizards in the room

Nice place, beatiful beach, friendly staff,

A beautiful stay in a little piece of paradise!

The balcony needed sunloungers. The property looked a little unkept e.g. the volleyball court. Make the beach more attractive with nice sunloungers. The staff in the restaurant and bar need better English. I would say it was an expensive stay considering it wasn’t even all inclusive and I didn’t think it was worthy of 5 stars.

The bathroom was so spacious. The transport on the speedboat was great. The Happy Hour prices were super.

i will definitely be escalating this matter
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

i liked nothing to be honest.. the hotel was a major disappointment from cleanliness to staff to location to entertainment to the bed bugs we found on our bed

Island paradise
    • Deluxe Room with Partial Sea View

Food and drinks are ridiculously expensive and you have to purchase there unless you go to the mainland. If you not big eater, can share some meals though like curry, still expensive though even sharing. Can get 2 meals on mainland for their 1 meal price.

Lovely place esp for couples even though a few kids. Staff are helpful, food is good and views over looking the water are amazing. Real island paradise.

Browse Vivanta by Taj- Rebak Island, Langkawi traveller photo gallery