Reviews of Hotel Abba 1 stars

Overtoom 120, Oud-West, 1054 HM Amsterdam, Netherlands

#267 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

Perfect in every way, the ability to smoke in the rooms is for me an Amsterdam MUST have
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

What didn’t I like? Well that’s easy there’s nothing not to dislike about hotel ABBA

The perfect hotel for an Amsterdam stay, located perfectly on the edge of the city, supermarket which is cheap below the hotel, easy access to your room all hours lovely helpful staff, even had to cut my stay short and the hotel staff couldn’t have made it more easier to cancel a couple of nights hassle free would stay here every time I visit and would recommend this hotel every time keep up the good work guys cant wait for my return trip to the city next year, and have no doubt to where I’m staying

Local is good, and the metro station is in found of the hotel
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

One window's broken, cannot open it, need to be fixed, and asked the staff to change a room, they said only one room left :-(

Local is good, and the metro station is in found of the hotel

Great place for a great value

There wasn't anything I didn't like ☺

The room was small but fantastic, the view was amazing, the staff was lovely and the hotel itself was in a very good area ☺

I was apprehensive about the smoking policy but it turned...

Only downside. The stairs - I’m old

I was apprehensive about the smoking policy but it turned out to be NOT a problem. I had a 4?th floor room. Stairs Everest in proportion but the friendly staff moved my bag up/down for me. And all under the guidance of Bentley the cat (non-intrusive)

Very basic hotel, good location, low value for money
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The check in was very late (15:00), the receptionist refused to let us to the room unless payment was received upfront (it was cleared immediately with credit card finally), no elevator for the room, the corridor was smelly (from smoke) and there was noise from the street. Otherwise all good. Apart from location low value for money.

Location was good. Breakfast acceptable.

Really great 4days fantastic.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We thought it was a fair deal for the price it was comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful we would definitely stay there on our next trip people talk about the stairs alot yes but not a real problem.

+ comfy bed, clean room, breakfast - no charger, steep stairs, lots of different keys and doors
    • Quadruple Room

No elevator, (lots of steep stairs) no socket to charge phone etc, doors heavy and needed a bunch of keys to get through a few to get to your room including the bathroom

Was lovely and clean .. tram outside

Good choice in central location from Museums.

Some stairs, difficult with luggage.

Good choice in central location from Museums. Easy access from Centraal station by tram, stops in front. Reasonable breakfast.

Overall if you’re on a budget, this is a decent place to stay.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

We didn’t like the steep stairs as we were on the 3rd floor & there were 2 sets to climb to get to the next floor. There were also a set of stairs to climb to get to reception. Would not recommend to anyone if stair climbing is a problem unless you got a room on the bottom floor. We had no problem except bringing up & down luggage was a bit tricky. Also, hotel only provides 1 big towel but it was a good one. The shower was weird as water partially ran on the floor toward the sink & toilet. Bring flip flops.

It was a quiet room. Very convenient location to get to & the tram stopped across the street so easy to get downtown & back which was a 15 minute ride approx. The breakfast was decent. Hotel not fancy but suited our purpose as we were out most of the day. Restaurants were within walking distance along with a convenient location to get a SIM card for our phones at a great price of 10 euros. The airport wanted 30 euros.

Excellent!
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

I travelled with 2 other girls, all in our late teens! We were greeted really nicely by the staff, who spoke English and made everything simple to understand in terms of payment and facilities. We had a triple room with a shared bathroom which were both very clean upon arrival! The room was fairly spacious and beds were extremely comfortable!!! It also came with a table and 2 chairs and large windows to observe the roaring streets of Amsterdam! Location was amazing - just outside of Vondelpark, separating us from the bustling tourist spots yet keeping us in a very close walking distance to the main town. Cute cafes and restaurants/bars surrounded the hotel, as well as a supermarket directly underneath. Thank you hotel abba!! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Good place to stay
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

- one big balcony for two rooms, there should be some thin wall in between of it - destroyed IKEA nightstand with front falling apart, it was quite annoying, I mean come on... that thing is, like 20 EUR, just replace it. ;-)

I like how they run the place, simply budget. Amsterdam is a bit pricey (and a bit overrated to be honest;)) so that's very important. - comfortable beds - fresh towel everyday - super friendly staff - very nice breakfasts - close to everywhere, we haven't used tram even once;) - supermarket and lots of restaurants near If I ever come to Amsterdam again, it will be my first choice.

Good location for Aerobus, trams. Good price for central located lodgings
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Steep narrow staircase, rooms facing tram stop (need ear plugs), no fan on first night

Central location, good value relative to other nearby accommodation, good enough breakfast, good ratio of bedrooms to shared bathroom (ours was 2:1)

It was a neutral experience, nothing so great but nothing...

No elevator, needing upgrade, walls, furniture etc. Breakfast just basic.

It was a neutral experience, nothing so great but nothing bad either. Could have been a bit cheaper for the facilities. People were nice. A large grocery understore, super convenient.

Reasonable price
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I booked the property for my parents, senior couple, my father is over 80, they arrived at 4 am, and received the room in 4th floor, the stairs in Amsterdam are very difficult. They asked for help with the luggage, but the receptionist refused to help them, it was really unpleasant and disappointing service.

Reasonable price

it was nice !
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

toilets needs renovations !

so close to public transport but little far from the center about 30 min rooms are not so small and there is something good that there is a supermarket under the hotel that is cheaper than all the supermarkets in the centrum !

The staff is very kind, when he knows I will leave very...

everything is OK

The staff is very kind, when he knows I will leave very early tommorrw and I will miss the breakfast, he gives me many fruits, inclusive 3 mandarins, one apple and one banana.

this is my third time in Abba. I love its location. The price is very good for Amsterdam.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The rooms are old. Shower was just separated by a curtain from the toilet and the sink.

the location is very good because I like leidseplein very much and the hotel is 5-10 minutes away. For the price of abba you get a decent location and a decent breakfast.

Good fun, good location and excellent value. Could also smoke in the rooms!
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The showers and toilets were not overly clean and the keys for the rooms could do with an update to key cards but I appreciate it is a budget hotel and an old building.

Staff were friendly and accommodating and allowed us to store our bags before check in and also after check out so we could explore Amsterdam a bit more before we collected the car from P&R. They also kindly printed us all the directions to the P&R and provided comprehensive explanation of it.

Nothing fancy, very good location
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The staff who does the kitchen work (blonde, short haired woman) and replenishes food works pretty rough. She would slam the plates and glasses onto the buffet table every single day that we were there, no wonder she broke some glasses one morning while doing so. And instead of getting rid of the tiny shards of glass immediately, she just wiped them off from the table and let them fall like bread crumbs to the floor. I was shocked to see that because there were some guests who were wearing flip-flops in there. Even if it's just a 1-star hotel, it's just not right to do that at all-- tiny broken glass could cause injury, especially to the resident cat! The lady would also clear the tables even if guests were still sitting there or are simply having seconds at the buffet table. Breakfast was OK, they always ran out of eggs. We would always be at the breakfast table at 9am, the egg basket would already be empty. One time I just tried my luck to ask for eggs and they just said, sorry, we're out. Pretty early to run out of eggs, in my opinion.

The location is great, the tram line which leads directly to the central station has a station just in front of the hotel. There is a supermarket right below the hotel and an ING Bank ATM inside it, for those who need quick access to cash. To those who prefer walking, the city center is also reachable by foot, the distance is very doable. The room and WC are relatively clean and the bed, comfortable. They have a free luggage room at the reception lobby if you need to check out and still want to roam around the city. The lobby is cozy. The receptionist is very friendly and helpful. The Internet is also good, it works even at the top most floor.

- Excellent location, quite central, close to the tram and a...

No bad things really. Just keep in mind that the stairs are quite steep and there is no lift. It would be good if there were a few clothes hooks to hang clothes up on (maybe behind the door).

- Excellent location, quite central, close to the tram and a supermarket. - Friendly staff. - Room with private bathroom was basic but very clean.

It met our needs on our cycling holiday, but most people would probably call it a stag weekend hotel
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Steep stairs up to reception for carrying bikes up. Decor needed a make-over and the separate toilet was far too small - you couldn't swing a mouse round in there, never mind a cat!

A budget hotel reasonably priced for Amsterdam and not too far away from the centre. Very friendly and welcoming guy on reception when we arrived. Plenty to eat for breakfast.

Good value for location, just location.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Not for the faint of heart since it has lots of steep very narrow stairs. The room was small and minimal, it even had a whole in one wall. It got hot even being springtime.

Location was great. We were able to leave our bags under lock in a little room since we got there super early and went out to walk the town. Breakfast was included and decent.

superb stay and have booked again
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

real comfy beds after a few coffeeshops. friendly staff and are more than happy to help with anything. smoking rooms with widows open. bently the cat and just an amazing budget hotel all round with good location

Great value right outside the center and near the park.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The walls were slightly thin so you might hear a bit of noise from the neighbours.

Nice and friendly staff and despite the low price, breakfast was included.

The location was very really good.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The stairs were quite steep and very short in length. One may find it difficult to climb them with the luggage(which is covered from the pics of the hotel also). We had our room on the 4 floor and so one may find it hard to climb the stairs again and again.

The location was very really good. The room was spacious but the bathroom was shared. Me and my wife were there for single night. The staff has been very helpful, one may get the airport shuttle bus with 5-7 mins walk.

Comfortable and convenient and friendly little place!

No elevator but that is normal in Europe I guesd

It was a good value , comfortable, clean, but just a simple inexpensive place to stay... staff was very friendly, especially the blond cleaning lady, she was so helpful and friendly all 8 days ... not necessarily a luxury or romantic place but it met our needs...

Close to center
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Since it's not a non smoking hotel rooms do smell a lot of smoke. Difficult to get warm water (it often changed between really hot and cold). Steep stairs (not a problem for us though).

Walking distance from city center. Breakfast included. Working wifi. Supermarket underneath the hotel.

Best Acccomodation choice in Amsterdam
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The stairs were so steep but this was already mentioned in Hotel facilities.

Location was awesome, Albert Heijn supermarket is downstairs. Breakfast was good. Smoking is allowed inside the room. The view was great. Absolute great value.

Everything was great and I would recommend it, just remember it’s the basics
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We were on the top floor and there was no elevator which I don’t believe there are many in the city at all

The room and hotel or really just the basics and no more however they had a very good continental breakfast and it was very comfortable and the staff were very nice

Hotel is alright for 1 star, but expected nicer and more spacious place.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Rooms smell of tobacco, long waiting times to the bathroom as it's shared, room could do with new carpet and repainting as paint is flaking off the walls.

Supermarket right outside the hotel and fairly nice breakfast

In my case the hotel's location was just perfect.

The place is definitely not designed for handicapped people or for people with big luggage due to very steep and narrow stairs that lead to the hotel and reception. While I was happy to have an independent toilet and shower, I think the standard could be a bit higher for the money I paid. The facility is smokers friendly, which means you can potentially suffer from the stench. Luckily it wasn't the case this time.

In my case the hotel's location was just perfect. I didn't have high expectations towards this place. I saw the pictures beforehand and so I knew what I was paying for. In that sense the hotel was just ok.

The bed was very comfy , the location was excellent as the...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast was very basic, just cereal, toast and fruit. Pastries would have been nice.

The bed was very comfy , the location was excellent as the tram stop is right outside the hotel.

Overly expensive but confortable enough
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

OVERLY expensive for what you get but I guess that’s what it is with accommodation in Amsterdam.

Bed was quite confortable and the balcony overlooking an inner court was nice

Fair
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

First the there is no elevator so you have to go to your room on a very steep and narrow stairs. Second they didn't clean the room at all during my stay just changing the towels(at least the toilet). Third the bathroom didn't contain any cleaning material just liquid soap. Fourth There was no waste bin in the bathroom for tissues. Fifth The heating in the room was too much I was opening the window all the day. I was excepting more even for this price (113 Euro per night).

The location is Perfect, just next to station 1e Con. Huygensstraat on Tram No. 1 from Central Station and walking distance from most attractions, restaurants and shops. The room was large enough and the bed was so comfortable. The breakfast is basic.

perfect for Smokers, cheap and local
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Top much Waste in the Shower (Empty Bottles from Otter Guests, a lost Toothbrush and a Filter of a Cigarette) but the Rest was O.K.

Smokerfriendly/Ashtray in the Room :-) Albert Hejn Supermarket and Tram-Station in Front of the Entrance

Location, close to tram station
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The whole hotel smells like a cigarette, it is a smoking friendly hotel (you suppose to smoke only in your room), but the smell is everywhere halls, bathroom, near the breakfast room

Location, close to tram station

Good price-quality relationship
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

When we read the comments about the stairs we though they were exaggerating, but not. We had to take our luggage up two extremely sharp flights of stairs. There was smoke smell inside the room.

Accomodation in Amsterdam is very expensive, so the price-quality relationship of Abba was ok. We had to share the bathroom but only with one room. We could go everywhere on foot from the hotels. We got really quickly from the airport taking the sprinter train and then the 1tram which passes right in front of the hotel.

I've stayed here many times on my own, first time with the wife. I wouldn't take the wife again.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room and bathroom wasn't cleaned for the duration of our stay; it was tidied. I suspect it was only tidied after the previous visitor as well. My wife found small black insects under her mattress protector on the 3rd night, thankfully big enough to see to physically remove. The walls were covered with dirt, grime and dings. I paid E85 a night, I don't expect any of these things.

Location next to Vondelpark, staff friendly, luggage room.

Great hotel and would definitely stay there again.

There was not a thing I did not like about the abba.

This is a very nice budget hotel and for the money you really couldn't ask for more. Great staff who are always friendly and welcoming and cannot do enough for you. Good clean large airy rooms , the room we had had a balcony which was nice to sit outside. The hotel has a small but decent selection for breakfast which is more than enough first thing. Alot of people complain about the stairs as they are steep but it is like this all over amsterdam.

I wouldn't recommend it
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

It's a smoker friendly hotel so you have to be prepared for the unique room smell. There ain't an elevator, had to climb up to the room every sigle day. The room has ultra low equipments, no fridge/fork/knife just 2 plastic glasses and towels and the bathroom is another magic.

Close to the museum square, breakfast is acceptable. There's a grocery shop under the hotel so you can buy goods but only cash or Maestro card are accepted.

Basic, but with great location and with great staff!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Stairs in this hotel are typical Amsterdam stairs; steep and narrow. Reception is already on first floor, with rooms on second, third and fourth - they are not for fainthearted. I understand, that cleaning might be a challenge, but bead sheets were not spotless on my arrival.

Breakfast is really a highlight of this hotel! Yes, it is basic, but don't forget that it is one star hotel. You have eggs, ham, salami, cheese, veggies, 3 different juices, corn flakes, milk, yogurt, different toasts... Also, location is just perfect, either for discovering street markets, museums or anything else.

Amazing! Would 100% reccomend this place to anyone and everyone.

WiFi cut out a little in certain parts of the room but didn’t really bother us to be honest, and it was most likely our phones not their WiFi.

Amaizng you were able to smoke in the rooms. Would be lovely in the summer smoking out the windows onto the Main Street. So close to vondelpark and the city centre honestly a perfect hotel for anyone including groups of friends!!!

i loved my stay here and i will be back to stay again :)
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

oh those stairs!!! i know nothing can be done about it as there are a feature in most houses in Amsterdam but they should come with a health warning hahahaha :D

I loved the resident cat :) and the staff were always friendly and helpful.

Good hotel. Cleaners need reeducated.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The cleaners only replaced the towels and re-arrangwd bed sheets. Didn't take any rubbish out from the room.

Close to city centre. Supermarket opened till 10pm. Non stop shop across the road. Tram to city centre in front.

Clean basic hotel in good location

The bathroom was a wet room (which I really really don't like). Ran out of toilet paper, I always bring a spare roll when travelling, lucky enough. Only one towel provided. (Hotel could be a little less frugal with these items). Was at the very top and there was a lot of stairs. (But that is the price for a nice quiet room)

Location. Friendly and helpful staff. Comfy bed. Quiet room. The breakfast was included in the price and was good. Well heated room in the frosty weather. Plenty of hot water, sink and shower. Free luggage storage.

Great stay!

tiny bathroom

Great place to stay. Nice view of the backyard. The single room was with comfortable bed and extended balcony. Smokers friendly. The staff is welcoming and happy to answer your questions. Good breakfast. I would recommend staying there.

Great location and good breakfast
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Cleanliness could be a bit better and there should be a bit more towels in the room. It's a typical Amsterdam building so the staircases are really steep and narrow, which isn't recommended to anyone that has any problem with climbing the stairs. But that's something one should expect and really not something that is considered a minus for this hotel. Bathroom is a bit weird with the whole area being one big shower, which is tricky when you just want to use the toilet or brush your teeth and water is all around on the floor.

The location is really good, it's near all of the important museums plus the cruising boats starting point, also there's a huge supermarket right in front of it, and tons of shops and restaurants. The airport bus 397 stops some 4-5 mins away from the hotel. Breakfast was good, with lots of choices, lacks omelettes, fried eggs and things alike, it's mostly cold meat-cheese etc but really decent.

Good
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

It was strange to me that the shower and toilet were outside the room. And in common with other people

The hotel is very nice and cozy and the breakfast is satisfying and in perfect order

Avoid unless on a REALLY tight budget
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything looks like they're trying really hard to give off a "cheap" vibe. The rooms are decorated in "prison cell" fashion. The walls were last painted never, the sparse furniture is cheap and worn out. The closets are dirty and the carpet is nasty. The shared bathroom is cramped and the shower area is level with the rest of the bathroom so the entire floor is always wet. The walls are paper thin, so bring ear plugs.

The location is convenient, there is a well stocked supermarket in the building, the balcony is nice, staff is helpful.

Good the possibility to smoke in the balcony, really...

Good the possibility to smoke in the balcony, really helpfull receptionist, nice location, all in the room was clean and the price was really good!! i will sure go back to Abba Hotel if i have to go back Amsterdam again, good job!

Good value, tram stop outside door
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Check in took 15 mins as receptionist spent ages explaining how to cancel and find another hotel and ignored me

Surprisingly good breakfast considering it's a budget hotel

Good area; too many steps; good value really for Amsterdam; good breakfasts; too cramped single room

Room too small,with missing fixtures and fittings;no wardrobe,only 2 hooks behind door to hang gear;bed mattress far too soft,inclines downwards have to cling to wall to stay on.bathroom sink so small, licking tiles to see face.got over initial reaction on arrival when said I rang in that morning to cancel- that was a 1st in my life; no such thing of course and admitted it was a mistake and applied to similar sounding name.

Good shower;good heating; great breakfasts

It's very well situated, close to transport to Amsterdam...

The room had a strange smell every time we entered, although after some tme we get used to it. The hotel could also provide a bath rug.

It's very well situated, close to transport to Amsterdam Centraal station and also to Schipol Airport. The room was big and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was basic but enough.

Amazing staff, good size rooms, heating, hot water and the...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Amazing staff, good size rooms, heating, hot water and the breakfast. The property is right next to tramp station and whole city can be accessed through that. It took us 20 mins to be at the airport. DAM SQUARE was almost 5 mins tramp.I will stay here again.

Ska inte boka sär igen.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Very very noisy. Bad windows and bad isolation for both cold and noise. We couldn’t sleep well all the trip. Cold, we felt the air coming from windows, bathroom was cold. You could hear every step of our neighbours when they go upstairs, floor was really bad.

position. Very friendly staff and very helpful.

Location of the hotel is good.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Room is tiny, no more than 5-6 square meters. Bed is small and uncomfortable. You hear everything. People talking, water flowing in the pipes. All night long. Sink is making noise after using, fire alarm is ticking. It even went off once in the night. This place is absolutely unsuitable for sleeping, not even with earplugs. Smells like puke in the corridor.

Location of the hotel is good. Walking distance to the center and trams to the train stations are also close.

It’s Okay for a group of friends for couple of days
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom was dirty and extremely small and the stairs were dangerous. No elevator.

The breakfast was nice also the reception was very helpful and polite

Excellent value for money in superbly-located hotel.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It's an old building so the stairs are narrow and steep. If you're carrying a big luggage it might be a bit of a struggle.

Great price for its location and single room, considering how expensive accommodation can be. The room was tiny but really nice and cozy.

Pretty good for one, two days. Perfect location!
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Walls are very thin so we couldn't sleep very well because you can hear wvery step.

Location was great for that price, clean bed and bathroom, really nice continental breakfast.

The staff, a location, a cleanliness, the facilities

A bed sheet had dark scratches or something on it and I found out around 3 am when I was going to sleep so I had to go to a reception and report a night manager to change the bed sheet but he said he would not do it so I asked for a new bed sheet to change it myself. As a result, I hardly had time to sleep because I woke up early in the morning. Another issue was that there was no TV remote control in the room.

The staff were quite helpful especially a female receptionist. I was appreciated that one of their staff sent an email regarding a smell of a smoke in a room :). A location is decent and it's close to many attractions.

Fine for a few days.

The corner sink in the bathroom was extremely small and whenever used, inevitably water would fall on the floor; there was no extra floor towel provided for it. The daily cleaning, upon return to the room in the evening, never seemed to have been made with particular care.

Central location, quiet room with a balcony and good breakfast.

The room was functional, but hugely expensive for what was...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was functional, but hugely expensive for what was on offer. That's about it - no massive gripes except it's really expensive. That might be an Amsterdam thing, though.

Breakfast was basic but the coffee was very nice and strong.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

It is a one star hotel so hasn't many things to offer. The bathroom was small and the hot water supply had an issue that sometimes it was very hot and sometimes you had cold water coming. The stairs are really narrow and you need to pay attention in every step.

Breakfast was basic but the coffee was very nice and strong. Very nice soft bed ! Tram 1 that goes to Amsterdam central is opposite to the hotel! Very convenient ! The hotel has nice staff and baggage storage.

Tram station right outside the hotel, 15 minutes to Central...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Interner reception on the top floor was very poor.

Tram station right outside the hotel, 15 minutes to Central Station. Supermarket in the same building, a cheeper supermarket was around 400m away. Breakfast was alright for a budget hotel. Rooms were clean and towels were changed every day. Overall very good value for the money!

All the staff were very nice.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Our room was in the 6th floor without lift, so we had a free gym everyday ;)

All the staff were very nice. We arrived early so we kept our lugage at at reception unitl the room was ready. The breakfast was good. The location is really good, just in front of a Tram station.

Would stay again
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I didnt like the fact that the shared bathrooms had no cleaning products in as our neighbours kept leaving big hairs everywhere so wernt hygenic at all.

Comfy bed, smoke in rooms and breaky

Overall a good experience
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We stayed for 6 nights and they didn't change the sheets at all, only the towels.

The place really exceeded my expectations. The staff were all lovely, It was great value for Money. There is a tram stop right outside and a supermarket just underneath and it was only a 25min walk from the centre.

Nice stay

I'd improve shower water pressure. Single bed, two mattress. Actually they were pretty good mattress but one on top of the other was a bit "un-practical".

Good overall quality, especially at this rate. Excellent wifi speed. Position. Room with terrace for smokers.

Bed was very comfortable, happy with the room, only there...

Bed was very comfortable, happy with the room, only there for a few days so worked out perfectly. We were also allowed to smoke in the room which we didn’t know prior but that turned out to be a plus, the rooms don’t stink of smoke either so it doesn’t get on all your stuff.

Amsterdam is a nice place but it can get quite rough at times, loud and the bikers dont respect you.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything was fine for a place like this, however there was a woman who works in the cafeteria and the cleaning who had a very rude attitude, never smile back, making a lot of noise with the chairs and things at the breakfast place, when asking for towels and cleaning the room she was always very bland and rude. I wonder how she can be working in a place where you have to deal with people from everywhere and have that kind of attitude. It seems that she finds her job miserable. The rest of the people very nice and helpful. Thanks

The place slightly out of town but for me thats perfect.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The breakfast could have been better, a couple more options and a second toaster would go do a treat

The place slightly out of town but for me thats perfect. The price was really fair and the room was more than I expected for my money. The lad in reception was also a very nice man. Very happy and would totally stay again

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Absolut perfect. It's not looking that nice amazing from outside but it's just great. Clean, Central, great breakfast, great price, perfect connection to the city.. Anytime again.

Reasonable location for access to museums / attractions, hotel room basic and clean, helpful staff.

Bathroom was tiny with features such as mirror and the small sink on opposite walls, leaving it very tricky to shave or brush teeth properly.

Staff were helpful and knowledgable about local region and activities.

The breakfast was really good.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The balcony door in the room was coming out of its frame and when complained they said it's like that! For remote and kettle, you've to give 10EUR deposit which made no sense. No lift & stairs are very narrow and no space to take luggage. You've to get through atleast 3 doors to get to each room so with luggage it's really difficult. However, if you carry less luggage, I guess that would not be a problem. For drinking water, they asked us to take it from the bathroom which I felt a bit disgusted. I understand that tap water is drinkable and I drink the same. But the idea of taking water from a used bathroom (that too shared) was weird to me. Had there been an extra sink outside the bathroom, that would have been better.

The breakfast was really good.. Good connectivity of public transport. I would say excellent location.

Will be sure to return!
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

A lot of narrow stairs, however this should be expected in Amsterdam.

The location of the hotel and price were fantastic. Easy access to all public transport and a supermarket below for any items you forgot to bring for your trip. Good breakfast and a nice smoking area in the reception.

Browse Hotel Abba traveller photo gallery