Reviews of Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati

5.5

5.7

The location was great.
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Be mindful that there is no lift in this hostel and that the stairs are quite steep. This is not something that bothered me but you should be aware.

The location was great. Very close to the Albert Cuyp market! Walkable distance to the city centre or take the subway which is only a block away. Clean hostel and very friendly staff!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Awful, rude.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

AWFUL STAY. the 10e deposit is when you check out after 10.... The guy at the reception is really disrespectful and extremely rude and took our 10€. He told us to go to the police if you were not OK with this...... I have never seen such terrible service.

Really nothing.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Bed bugs
    • Bed in 9-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Bed bugs!!! My friend was bitten throughout the first night by bed bugs, and was moved into a different room by the reception, which also happened to be infested. The owner blamed us for the incident, stating we shouldnt have stayed at his hostel. The free breakfast consisted of plain/untoasted bread slices with a choice of jam,peanut butter or chocolate spread with coffee or tea.

The receptionist was very polite and was understanding regarding the situation. He did everything in his power to handle the situation, unlike the hostel owner.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Nice location, in front of Sarphati park and in a pretty...
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The kitchen is the only common area, and it is only open from 08 am to 10 pm, which means that from 10 pm to 08 am you do not have any common space to stay in, nor have access to the fridge. Bunk beds come in block of 3 each, and the upper bed has a very limited space due to the proximity of the ceiling. Cleanliness can/should be improved. The building is very old and need a restoration.

Nice location, in front of Sarphati park and in a pretty neighbourhood, very well connected by metro (M52, at 350m of distance) and tram (4 and 24 at 400m of distance) to the city centre and the airport. Very helpful and fun staff! Free breakfast with bread, jam, butter, peanut butter (08-10 am). Free tea and coffee (08 am to 10 pm).

Recommended for solo travellers
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The cost was a little too much for a night and the stairs to the rooms are too small, be careful not to fall.

The staff was really helpful and the beds are comfortable aswell. Decent breakfast too, you won't leave the hostel in any hungriness.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Awful place not worth the money
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There were bed bugs in the room. They did not change the beds. I complained and another visitor overheard our conversation. While I was walking away the receptionist lied and told the other visitor that we did not want our rooms to be changed???!!

The location is OKAY.

Not worth for what you pay.

We booked via credit card, and THEN as we were going through the booking confirmation, found that it was 'cash only' Very annoying as it is only displayed in the fineprint.. not good enough for something that's so important!! Room was absolutely tiny. Staff were overfriendly especially towards my girlfriend, it was creepy.

Location was okay

Staffs are friendly and supportive.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The property is small and old. The bed sheets and everything about it was not clean. No lockers, or space to put your stuff. The room has no AC, only window but it is not enough with 12 beds with low hygiene. It was very noisy from outside when the windows opened so either you got drunk to sleep. Otherwise, it would be difficult to have a good sleep here.

Staffs are friendly and supportive.

The workers over there are very kind and helpful.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It was full booked in my room and after the first night I was covered with full bloody bed bugs (bigger than normal). It ruined my time in Amsterdam totally! I asked for a refund and the workers was convinced that I will have a full refund but when manager arrived, he told me that bed bugs is common and that he will not refund my money.

The workers over there are very kind and helpful.

You have to pay additional 5% if you use credit card.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

You have to pay additional 5% if you use credit card. They did not mention it in the website. The other receptionist was a bit rude ( The Italian Guy and Bulgarian Guy) were very pleasant. The wifi in the room at the 3rd floor is very weak.

Great experience!
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very good location and the the guys on reception are really friendly and sociable. They will explain you everything and also the breakfast and coffee were great! Definitely recommend!

Staff really friendly and helpful when needed, all in all...
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Poor breakfast (only bread,with no toaster) and jam/nutella/butter/peanut butter and coffee or tea...also the structure not the best because of its tall and ‘tight ‘ form (watch out for the stairs there)

Staff really friendly and helpful when needed, all in all good experience but nothing that remarkable... good location

Cozy and ideal for my last minute room booking. Amazing city.

Breakfast could have been a bit better.

Cozy room. Bunk beds in the room. Did the job and the bathroom was great. Breakfast wasn't too great but it was something to start your day. Location was ideal. Nice park across the road.

I was ready to leave as soon as I got there

I booked the room and tried to cancel immediately when I realized the days were wrong and we had a flight out, which they declined. Fine.. we changed our plans and stayed there since it was 600$ for the room. When we got there they said that even though I already paid online ( and can see the $600 payment as pending), we need to pay again for whatever reason. So we paid again, even though I already have a $600 charge that is still pending. Rooms are super small and the bathroom is ridiculously small. You can hardly fit. Way to expensive for what you get. Take my advice and get a room at the Ramada!!! It's a tiny bit more money but such a better experience!

The location next to the park was nice.

Great place to stay
    • Bed in 9-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff was great specially Peter , he made sure to show us all the places we should visit in Amterdam and how to get there, Also Great location the neighboorhood is nice .

• Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

They try to charge you extra money out of the blue, and I can assure the hostel doesn’t worth the price it has. Very dirty, small and creepy

The guys that were working when we were in here were really...
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The stairs were horrible, too uncomfortable

The guys that were working when we were in here were really kind and they suggest us too many good places to visit. The location was really good because is not too far from the center and you have many things of restaurants and a supermarket really near.

Definitely not worth the money.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Tiny rooms that have triple bunks if you’re sleeping in a dorm. Woke up with plenty mosquito bites.. Ridiculously small bathroom, and no other toilets in the hostel. Only the one in your room. Not all beds have charging ports.

Good location, really close to public transport.

If you like student type room with roommates, this hotel is for you. If not - don`t bother.
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

In room you can`t find closets for your clothes. Weak breakfast, only several sandwiches and no safe lock for your money.

People from reception are really great and friendly people! Near center! Friendly roommates.

Frustrating
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff were rude and unreasonable when trying to deal with a problem I had with cleanliness and payment. The stairs were so small and narrow that I had to lean forward to keep my balance going up. Going up with bags was really stressful.

Value for money

Very narrow and small stairs. Difficult to carry suitcase upstairs. For breakfast only toasts with jam or peanut butter, tea and coffee.

Helpful and nice staff. Value for money. Next to the park and close to Heineken museum.

staff were decent until i left, then they were unhelpful with my billing request:
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I didn't like the fact that they were unable to provide me with a bill for my two night stay. First night was booked through booking.com and the second night was booked on arrival the first night. They promised to send me the bill once i sent them an email but once i had left they pretended that they couldn't find the second night stay. I wasn't able to get my second night reimbursed..

Dissatisfied. Feels like we got robbed.
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Regarding the property's style, it had no style at all. Didn't like: - The stairs of death - Awful cheap as can be breakfast - No closets - You hit your head in whatever bed you sleep in - Not at all worth the price!!!!

Location is ok

Value for your money.
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

When I checked in I was kept waiting for over 30 minutes with little instruction. It was dangerous getting to the 3rd story beds because there were no proper ladders.

The location is convenient. A few stops from the central area. The bed area and kitchen were clean.

For a couple of days was ok, but I wouldnt recommend.
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The bedroom wasnt that good because I found out they put me into a boys room and it was supposed to be a mixed one, beacause there was no space anymore, but they didnt let me know, the cleaning of the bathroom didnt happen I guess, and the manager was really rude.

The breakfast was ok, the staff was very nice, the localization also I liked.

Very busy and friendly place
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

12 beds in a very small room with no seating place makes the space very confine when it is full. Stairs are very steep and not standard.

Staff were very friendly and help full, thr location is close to transport.

I would not recoomend this hostel to my worst enemy.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The check-in process was a nightmare. They told me I could only pay with cash so I had to go to the nearest ATM. The rooms were small. The staff was very rude when I asked if I could change my bed. After two weeks since I've stayed there, they still have not returned the €94 they took for my card as a booking deposit.

This place is absolutely horrible. The staff is very rude. It is dirty (with a cat) and the dorms feel like you're sleeping in a closet. I would not recommend it to anybody. The happiest memory at this place was the day I checked out.

I liked it but now I've got bedbug bites
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I have bedbug bites afterwards. If I just got bitten one night that's not a big deal, but if I've brought one home it will be a disaster. I've had them before and it cost thousands to get rid of them because they're mostly chemically resistant nowadays.

Location- next to Trainmore gym and the CousCous Club inexpensive but excellent little restaurant.

Fair for the price
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

One single wc at a 12 beds room. Advertised you pay upon arrival but your card is charged in full until a few days after you arrive. Beds uncomfortable (too low), hard mattress.

Mainly the Staff and check-out system.

It’s a nice place to meet people, the receptionist Zoran was...
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The manager wasn’t too nice to my friend who wasn’t able to come, he refused to speak to her,

It’s a nice place to meet people, the receptionist Zoran was extremely nice he helped us with everything we needed a very nice person to talk to also.

fine for a night

breakfast was ridiculous . they inly served jam nutella and peanutbutter and sliced bread. well if you are not 5 years old you dont get superexcited about this menu. I would have expected at least some very basic alternate option like cheese or some sliced meat. the room had no storage facilities at all.

fairly good location 25 mins walk from the really central of Amsterdam.

Nice location but don’t expect luxury or comfort.
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The beds are short and cramped, they’re triple bunks and the top bunk is too close to the ceiling, you have to pull yourself in laying down because there’s not much room to sit up after you climb up quite a big ladder and some of these beds don’t have a ladder. The kitchen is the only common area and it closes at 1am so if it’s cold outside and everywhere is closed, you have no real choice but to go to bed. You can’t smoke anywhere in the Hostel and since most coffee shops close at 1am, this can be a problem. Breakfast is a nice gesture but it’s dry white bread with optional butter or chocolate spread. There’s nowhere to safely keep your things which resulted in my charger which I bought 2 days before arriving being stolen. There’s a limited number of plug sockets in The room too. Just keep in mind that you’re probably paying for the location in front of the park, not necessarily the quality of the Hostel.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the Hostel was warm and the location is nice, right across the road from a lovely park.

Small place, nice staff, but would NOT recommend.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The stairs were incredibly steep and hard to walk up,especially with a suitcase. The rooms were small and the larger rooms have triple bunk beds. When I arrived late at night my bed was occupied and I had to deal with that. There's also no common area and it's kind of a dirty facility. Way way WAY overpriced if you ask me.

The staff was very helpful.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality!
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The shower/bathroom was kind of gross. Definitely need shower shoes

I liked the location and the vibe of the hostel itself. Great for young people!

Very small steep stairs, good stay
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

They can’t find a hairdryer that I could use until the 4th day, have to pay cash on check in won’t accept credit/debit cards

The staffs are friendly

- Super friendly staff
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

- No elevator - They couldn't provide me with an invoice. I had to send a separate email after my stay and I am still waiting to hear back from them and receive my invoice. - Breakfast is not too good, but on the other hand it is free of charge. - No hairdryer in the dorm. - No chair to sit on in the dorm. - Only one bed in the dorm had its own electrical socket/ plug.

- Super friendly staff - Great location, close to the city center, museum square and Amsterdam Zuid (business hub) - Comfortable temperature in the room - Coincidentally, no one else booked a 4-bed dorm, so I stayed alone in the dorm. I had everything for myself. - Free breakfast. However, it's just coffee and bread with peanut butter, Nutella or marmelade. Not the best, but you'll survive the morning on a few slices of bread.

Due to some misunderstanding the reception has based on the...
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Due to some misunderstanding the reception has based on the property rules, my suitcase was mistreated while my stay, consequently causing one wheel broken. The disbalance of weight because of this broken wheel has also gradually influence the damage of other wheels and the side part of suitcase during carriage. To sum up, it has caused me tremendous trouble and effort.

Terrible.

The man on the reception was very impatient, me and my friends had an especial case, and he didn't want to listen to us, and even tried to help. So we had to grab our lugagge and find another hostel. Terrible experience.

you get what you pay for, simple room with private bathroom,...

bed bugs was only issue, location is ok

you get what you pay for, simple room with private bathroom, if your only using for resting your head then its perfect,great cafe around the corner aswell

Room was way to small.

Room was way to small. You were not able to sit on the toilet, without the door opened a litte bit and not even one coathook or something similar. No ladder for the bunk bed. The bed was crooked, so you would out at night. You could hear everything in front of the door, even when the person was whispering.

Definitely not the best hostel I've been to
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Rooms were not clean with spider webs on the ceiling (not great when you stay on the top bed), no aeration at all in the room (warm and stinky), you need to be a professional gymnast to get to the top bed, super loud: you can hear everything in the building, no milk or juice for breakfast

Friendly staff, breakfast included, WiFi, modern bathroom

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

You have to pay cash upfront, otherwise +5% fee for credit or cash cards. Receptionist is rude. Room for 4 people very small (including bath) probably around 15m². Everything is of very low quality and feels run-down. The breakfast food is just toast and peanut butter. I chose the hostel because it was comparably cheap (50€/night in a room of four people) and close to the seminar location.

They had a cat.

It was really nice stay. RAI Amsterdam is really near, approximately 20 minutes to walk.
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The room where we slept were a little bit too hot for sleeping. If there is 10-14 people in the same room extra ventilation would be great.

The administrator of the hostel from Greece was very helpful and mindful. He took care of planning our trip from hostel to Eindhoven in early morning – recommended route, printed tickets, showed where Amsterdam central bus station is.

Does not worth
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The room which has 14 beds is so small for 14 people. It was hard to find a place to put my luggage and backpack. Also there is no hanger for coats even on the bunk beds. There is not any locker as well. The bathroom and the toilet were so narrow and too. It was difficult to dress. There is just a microwave in the kitchen, no cooker. Breakfast is not a breakfast which has coffee, bread, jam, nutella and thats all. Its just a snack. If the price was cheap, i would say okey but with this price its totally does not worth.

Maybe the only good thing was the staff who is bulgarian. When i arrived he treat us with tea which was really friendly and nice. Beds were small but it was okey and clean. The pillow was comfortable

Staff is rude, I ve called and emailed and no one bothers to...
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff is rude, I ve called and emailed and no one bothers to answer. Breakfast is a piece of s**t. I ve travelled all over and I never had for breakfast only tea bread and coffee. In 2 words NEVER AGAIN!!!

This is so Cheap hostel and good value for money!
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This is so Cheap hostel and good value for money!! you have also a great brekfast there! the room is comfortable. there are some facilities you can enjoy. the guy in receptionists are helpful and so kind!!! the location also perfect! near tram number 3,4,12,17

Terrible.

The hotel blocked 200€ from my credit card. That’s fine so far. But when we checked in, they wanted the room fee in cash. And the money on my card was still blocked. If we did not pay, we‘d lose the room and the 200 that are already blocked. My money was released at 1pm on the next day. Staff does not really care, the other guests seem to be drug addicts. And there is no way to switch the light and the fan in the bathroom on and of. It goes on when you enter and runs, very very loudly, for 15 minutes.

We hated everything.

Great price for Amsterdam.
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The cleaning was ok, but there's a part of the sheets that they don't change regularly, so is not really good in that.

Price, location and free breakfast!

It’s a great hostel and cheapest, very clean and awesome breakfast
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

All the staffs are not so friendly. But very helpful if you need anything.

The localization was very great, not so far from the center city and museums. The toilet and the room was very clean and the breakfast was fantastic! And I have to say thanks for an egipt staff that help me a lot in the day that I leave the hostel!

Don't go here.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

When we arrived there was pee and pubes ALL over the toilet seat, massive skid marks in the toilet bowl and a mysterious white liquid on the floor. When asked to have this cleaned however, it was cleaned. The hostel was in a nice area of town, although it was further out than we expected (20-40 mins walk depending on where you want to go). The breakfast was provided, although it was only bread and spreads. Not even a toaster lol. The kitchen consists of a sink, small bench, microwave and fridge (that our food disappeared from). This is not a social hostel. We came here in the mindset of making friends with other travellers, however there is no real place to hang out, so this was difficult. We were also asked to turn our (not very loud) music down at 10pm on New Years Eve, hahahahaha. I would recommend this place to people I don't like.

The staff at the desk were friendly.

Breakfeast very basic, just bread, one type of marmelade,...
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Breakfeast very basic, just bread, one type of marmelade, nutella, butter, cream cheese, tea, coffee and milk 5 Triple bed in one bedroom with just one bathroom inside was too much There were no other bathrooms on rest of the hostel so that we could use...

Horrible
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff and management are not helpful at all. I contacted the property through the phone before my arrival and they were always rude! I wouldn't stay here ever again.

Good hostel, clean and with the standart facilities.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

A little bit far away on foot to the city center (the interresting districts).

Good hostel, clean and with the standart facilities. Connected with busses and tram.

Good Budget Hostel
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

An issue of blocking/holding amount from credit card and collecting cash during check-in. Then no concrete information whether the blocked amount from the credit card has been unblocked or released as the hostel manager is always not around and very difficult to find. Until now, I did not know if the amount blocked frim my credit card has been processed for release or not. I asked for a proof of transaction several times, verbally or by email but no official response.

*Very accomodating staff specially Zoram. *Excellent internet connection. *Excellent location with access to all public transportation. *Close to many tourist attractions.

Dirty, rude staff: never stay here!!!
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff was terrible, they woke everyone in the room up and yelled at me when I complained that another guest had been sleeping in my bed and asked them to change the sheets. It turned out that the other guest had done that because her bed had never been made. This after everyone's check-in had been delayed by 4 hours due to the room being 'cleaned'. A single tiny filthy bathroom was shared between twelve people, no other bathrooms were available. Upon arrival I was told that I could not pay with the credit card they were holding my full deposit on and that the policy was to only accept cash or debit cards for a 5% fee. Very shady. Owners repeatedly refused my requests for cancelation and a refund. There is also no common space for relaxing.

Nothing really.

Dirty rooms, great location

Terribly small room for how much we paid, and the breakfast sucked! They didn't even try to make it an actual breakfast there was bread on the tables with peanut butter and jelly out. Not what I thought I was paying for when it said breakfast included. Every hostile I've stayed at has has a very good breakfast this was just lazy.

Friendly staff good location

Interesting location - not in the center of Amsterdam (which...
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Like a lot of hostels, the beds were crowded, cramped, noisy - nature of going to a known party city. Breakfast just coffee, bread, nutella, and peanut butter but you can bring something yourself easily enough.

Interesting location - not in the center of Amsterdam (which is more quiet) but near interesting markets, the museum park and plenty of public transport. This is the best feature of the hostel, especially for the price. Not a place you spend much time in, though the use of the kitchen area was very convenient.

Does the job
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

'Breakfast included' - well, not so much. There is no kitchen so all they can provide is some bread and butter. I guess I'd be asking too much if I wanted cooked breakfast from a hostel.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. They were there to help for anything we needed! The storage room is a good bonus, as well as the safe.

Staff were amazing in that place!
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It is an old building not well maintained. The steps are very narrow. The doors and windows are very old and the kitchen area small. Not enough light in the bathroom.

Nice quiet neighbourhood and very nice helpful and friendly staff. Warm room and new bathroom. Walking distance to city centre but also very close to public transport stops. Easy access to the airport too. Many shops of all sorts close by. You can leave your luggage after you check out and before you check in which is really helpful. Lots of brochures for available activities in Amsterdam.

Unpleasant experience, wouldn't stay again
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There was an awful smell coming from the bathroom as if the drains weren't working properly, that was present in the bedroom also. I presume management knew about it because there were multiple air fresheners there to mask it but not address the actual problem. Also, in an eight bed room there was only one power outlet at average height in a corner, if you plugged anything into any of the other outlets your device would be hanging from it. Additionally, towels had to be paid for, even at the excessive price paid for the shared room and there was nothing provided in the bathroom to dry your hands with. After checking out we asked if there was anywhere to store luggage for a few hours and the member of staff kindly labelled our bags and put them in a room, only for us to come back a few hours later to all the bags dumped in the main corridor along with others: the manager had obviously come back and removed everyone's belongings from the room. So much could be improved upon and at the price paid per bed one would think it is well within their means.

The surrounding area is quite interesting including a park, many bars, and a large market. As a visitor, I would recommend searching for other properties in the area.

The worst place I ever been - RUN
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

As we arrived they asked us to pay cash (347 euros). Because we did not have that amount, they wanted to charge us +10/15% (not even clear). They refused to give us the keys... This is illegal: they have to take your credit card without charging you for that. After arguing for a very long time and after calling the POLICE, they took our credit card and give us the keys. Plus, it's very very dirty and breakfast consists in: coffee, toasts with (not good) jam or chocolate spread. And sink water. You can't turn off the bathroom light and the (very noisy) ventilation, which is problematic when you try to sleep. You don't deserve that. This is "cheap" but you will waste a lot of energy there, it's not worth it. The manager is a very old and bad person. His business should be put down.

Leaving this place

I wouldn’t stay again and definitely not worth the money we paid for it
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The rooms so many and the bathroom is way to small for 14 people in one from. Also the stairs is crazy steep. Was not worth the money we paid for it.

How close it was near the dam square

The worst hostel I have ever stayed
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The hostel is located in an area which is quite far away from the city center. But you can still get to it through public transportation. I booked my accommodation in advance but I was about to change my travel plan. So I tried to cancel. But it was said it was out of free cancellation date and it charged extra fee. I sent them an email to explain and hoped they can make an exception. But no reply at all. So I kept my booking. But when I was there, the staff told me I had cancelled it before. And they kept me waiting at the reception for a while. The room was terrible. The worst hostel I have ever stayed. Very messy! Very small room. And the toilet was stuck.

One of the staff was nice and helpful. That's it!

Quite place in a very nice area with a lot of restaurants...

I couldn't leave my luggages after the check out for a few hours more while the prices were too high related to the services and facilities ( for example the breakfast was really poor)

Quite place in a very nice area with a lot of restaurants and pubs for young people.

Avoid. Never again.
    • Bed in 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It was a terrible experience. I left the room for a few hours and came back to find my bedding stolen. My bag pushed all the way under the bed of the way by other residents. The property had a smell of feet all the time. and too over crowded. I struggled to sleep and left as early as possible. The toilet door had no lock, and when you are in dorm with 11 or 12 other people, you can't even go to the loo comfortably.

Staff was good.

Nie polecam

- Poor contact (they did not answer for e-mails) - you have to pay in advance for whole stay and cards aren't accepted - an invoice can be receive only via e-mail and not directly from the hotel staff - poor breakfast and every day the same - high stairs (it is difficult not to fall down) - old, uncomfortable and very dirty room with extremely dark light (it was immpossible to work or read in those conditions) - I was entering to the bathroom like to the wardrobe (sliding door) - It was immpossible to not make the bathroom's floor wet during having a shower - leaky windows and thin walls (I heard every noise from the street and neighboring rooms) - uncomfortable bed GENERALLY - not recommended

- Localization - friendly staff (especially guys from Peru and Bulgaria)

Very good place to stay for several nights
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very cold at night, no place to put coats or bag.

Great staff, very hostfull, clean and comfortable bed and room, nice cat and perfectly situated(10 minutes walk from RAI and 20 min till centre). Different tram stops 1-5 minutes walk. 24hour reception

Comfy, good value for money.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

My room was on the 3rd floor which meant traversing steep narrow steps at least 2x daily. The rooms were comfy enough (i was in an 8 bed room). But the cleaning staff could be more efficient. The staff in general were very friendly and helpful. It would be nice to indicate that they only accept cash payments.

The receptionist, Lambert, was extremely nice and helpful!

I do not speak dutch and do not see how to translate this site, but, my husband and I stayed in room 15. When we left, my husband had hundreds of bedbug bites!

The receptionist, Lambert, was extremely nice and helpful!

Very poor will not be coming back
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff where rude and unpleasant. They did not tell us from the start until they entered our room without us knowing and moaning about how we are not allowed to drink or have snacks within the room.

There is no breakfast, it is just bread and coffee.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There is no breakfast, it is just bread and coffee. But the worst is you can't keep the luggage there while wait your flight after 1pm. I had to pay a locker for a few hours in the central station.

Would not recommend it
    • Bed in 9-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Place was dirty, staff very rude, ''breakfast'' consisted of one slice of bread (no jam, nothing else), no privacy, room was really cold when empty and boiling hot when full.

Location was perfect, wifi worked really well

The location is alright.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staircases are a bit tricky, almost dangerous. One must be careful not to slip.

The location is alright. Wifi provided. Breakfast is basic - just sliced bread with two hazelnut cocoa spread choices + coffee, tea, and milk. The kitchen area has a TV. Good for chats or relaxation.

The staff who checked me in was very helpful and friendly.
    • Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The hostel was good but while some staff were very helpful one staff was a bit rude to almost all guests.

The staff who checked me in was very helpful and friendly. Good peaceful location not to far from the centre

extremely disappointing and dirty
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The place is extremely dirty , no windows in the room. They refused my payment by credit card and made me wait for two hours The manager was not there but he insulted me on the phone . I would not recommend this place at all.