Reviews of Ambassade Hotel 4 stars

Herengracht 341, Amsterdam City Centre, 1016 AZ Amsterdam, Netherlands

#9 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

9.7

The art and the library are both unique and exquisite.
    • Superior Deluxe Double Room with Canal View

The art and the library are both unique and exquisite. The rooms are quiet, clean , comfortable with nice views. Really enjoyed our stay. Will do it again.

Enjoyable, after getting passed the room fiasco
    • Superior Duplex Room

Did NOT like the room we initially booked. I evidentially did not understand that the bed room was upstairs via a small winding staircase and the bathroom was downstairs. Not a good arrangement for two elderly ladies, one of whom has some difficulty walking at times. The staff changed our room to one much more accommodating our needs. I cannot believe I would have found satisfactory the original room depiction from Booking.com, but somehow it happened. Next time I will book directlly with the property.

Staff was great Hotel is beautiful Location is excellent

The warm embrace of Amsterdam.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Canal View

The one complaint was the awkward hairdryer in the bathroom on too short a lead.

The atmosphere, the elegant interiors at the same time comfortable but above all the cosseting one gets from the staff.

Absolute bliss and can't wait to go back. Best location, staff, beds & sleep.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The squeeze between the bathroom and wardrobes made it impossible for us to have both doors open at any time! But it is a very old hotel so if that's the only thing I can criticize you\re doing well!

The hotel couldn't have been in a better area and was so beautiful from across the canal at night. The food in the Brasserie and for breakfast was some of the best food I have had in a hotel and the prices were reasonable for such a gorgeous hotel - far less than many of the chic places we visited outside! And Femka on reception shared the very best top tips for where and what we should be doing!

A true sample of excellent hospitality!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Canal View

Wiithout doubt one of my favourite hotels. Upon arrival I was warmly welcomed by the staff. The staff was extremely friendly. The restaurant was amazing and I had two great evenings there, which obviously added up to the experience. Special thanks to Femke and Linde :)

Fantastic suite with canal view
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We realy enjoyed our stay at Ambassade hotel, got the suite on upper floor viewing the Singel canal. Kind and very helpfool staff. Good taste, fine design. Beautiful ! The hotel has only 2 parking spaces so try to book it in advance.

Great position but room for improvement considering the price
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Tea and coffee not filled up daily and breakfast overpriced when not included in room rate

Great location, lovely decor in rooms, nice bar area and courteous staff

Derek in the front desk was extremely helpful and courteous.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

1) The curtains in the room were not of hotel standard - thin and cannot block the light in the morning. 2) Waitresses serving semi buffet breakfast didn't care to clear empty plates on a tiny table even when they noticed them and the guests look uncomfortable.

Derek in the front desk was extremely helpful and courteous.

Everything was super-comfortable and well-designed and the...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Everything was super-comfortable and well-designed and the staff were helpful and friendly. I was there with my 8-year old son and they were lovely with him.

lovely room/excellent staff but disappointed by mildew smell in room and no hot water in AM
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

1. NO HOT WATER IN SHOWER IN AM - worked ok in PM, When repaired was too late. 2. Room smelled like mildew. After flying in from the States and staying up all day, we were too tired to complain about the smell. The staff were so accommodating they might have given us a different room.

The room was beautifully appointed and the staff very helpful and attentive. Restaurant was WONDERFUL

would stay again, great spot, clean and comfy (albeit small) rooms
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

definitely on the pricey side for the room size. also getting to the room using a tiny winding staircase could prove troublesome for some people.

great bathrooms, clean and quaint rooms, location was amazing, staff incredibly nice

The Ambassade was an exceptionally luxurious, art-filled boutique hotel with a superb staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I have no complaints about anything.

We liked everything. The staff was exceptionally helpful and accomodating, the room was beautifully appointed, the shower and tub were heavenly, the view on the canal was beautiful to awaken to, and they went above and beyond to welcome me on my birthday. Couldn’t ask for anything more!

Great location, fabulous staff, very comfortable, recommend.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Canal View

Could be a little noisy from the street, not from neighboring bedrooms. I think it is just that it is historic and they cannot change the windows. Not a major problem. Overall, loved it.

Very nice French style bedroom, lobby more modern. Staff was very helpful, could not have asked for better. Food in restaurant very good.

Excellent Choice in Amsterdam!

No downside.

Location was not only perfect, it was on a beautiful canal. Rooms were comfortable and stylish. The reception personnel went above and beyond expectations. I would love to stay here again! Added pluses: the incredible art collection throughout the hotel and the wonderful fresh flower arrangements strategically placed.

Perfection

nothing.

Everything! This is the second time for me to stay in Ambassade Hotel and will never be the last. The room is perfect and it is like a duplex of two floors: ground for the living room and the upper floor for the bedroom. The bathroom is great and the room dinning service is very good. The view on the canal is great. It is the best.

The staff was more than willing to help us with anything we...
    • Superior Duplex Room

The staff was more than willing to help us with anything we asked. We had a small medical situation involving a pharmacy and they were more than helpful in getting what we needed done. Also, a beautiful room!

Great spot for a city break in Amsterdam. Really friendly and helpful staff.
    • Classic Single Room

Some rooms are a little worn...had to keep the blinds shut using a rolled up leaflet as a wedge.

Beds were really comfortable and the hotel is full of charm. Location is brilliant.

Most efficient and caring team

It’s a bit pricey.

The reception team is exceedingly responsive and efficient. They answered emails quickly and are most patient with my many requests.

Sunny citytrip in Amsterdam in a comfortable cityhotel

I didn’t like the breakfast because the staff was loud and very hectic and I was amazed by the big difference between the ones and the others. There were those, very keen on serving customers and giving them a good feeling and then the others who had a real ego problem. The difference was strange and I wish the manager will be able to solve this contradiction because the hotel is worth it.

The location is great and the room was comfortable and its size was optimal

Perfectly furnished Canal Street home to live in short term
    • Superior Deluxe Double Room with Canal View

What’s not to like about this hotel? The location is perfect. Close to everything but has the feeling of the residential street. The lobby is understated elegance. When we were walked up the extremely steep stairs to our room we were completely overwhelmed with the spaciousness and beauty of the interiors. walking through Amsterdam you can’t help but wonder what it would feel like to live in one of the beautiful Canal homes. Our stay was as close as we will get. Each room was beautifully done but not over done. The bedroom was very comfortable Including the mattress, the pillows, and the robe that I had to purchase. One of the reviews had complained about the noise. When I woke up in the middle of the night I was shocked by the silence. Absolute silence. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant and could not have been more pleased. The staff was attentive and friendly and the food was fresh and very tasty. My preference when we travel is boutique hotels and we have stayed in some beautiful rooms. This one was probably my favorite. My only real regret was that we did not stay longer.

A welcoming hotel in a great location.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff were very helpful, the room was clean and comfortable. The hotel has an amazing art collection of CoBrA pieces. They are displayed throughout the hotel including the rooms. Great location.

Bar and restaurant
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

At 6.30 am workmen we’re working right outside our bedroom, the beds were supposed to be double but were 2 single, the breakfast was terrible but we were still charged for it and when I questioned the car park the night before I was told it was free but then next morning I was charged.

Bar and restaurant

I recommend this place for people who look for a particular atmosphere.
    • Classic Single Room

It’s probably hard for people in a wheelchair or people who can’t walk this good anymore to walk around in the building. It’s an heritage place with little stairs. But I am very sure, that the staff from the Ambassade will do everything to please people with walking disabilities.

I‘ve been here for the second time and would come back again. The warm welcoming and competent personal of this hotel is something I very much appreciate. There is always time for a chat. The rooms are well arranged with a good sense of taste. They give an impression on how Amsterdam citizens must have lived in the 19th century. There is antique furniture and a very comfortable bed. Breakfast offers a variety of fruits, bred and even fresh made Crêpes will be served. The room is fantastic and offers a lovely view on the Herengracht.

It was in all respects a most enjoyable stay
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff were so helpful and friendly both those in the restaurant and at reception. nothing was too much trouble for them. The location is excellent because so central within easy walking distance of the main attractions. The food in the restaurant was very nice.

Excellent hotel and staff
    • Superior Deluxe Double Room with Canal View

One of the finest hotels I have stayed in, the room is was given was spacious well decorated and has a fantastic bed. Room with a view on the canal. Reception staff really friendly and not overtly so that it is obvious.

Brilliant location & excellent property
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Excellent decoration traditional furniture, beautiful art effects paintings. Old Ditch traditions....excellent bar collection delicate presentation etc . Overall it is an excellent property. Mr. Richard of Bar & Restauramt is exceptional

Excellent in parts, let down in others
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Service in the restaurant (dinner) was unacceptable. We booked for 8.00pm but had to wait until 9.15 for the first course which did not need cooking. Secondly there was too much noise outside the hotel in the early hours of Saturday (Friday night). I don't know whether these were hotel guests or diners at the restaurant but the hotel needs to be more sensitive on behalf of their guests ho are in ground floor street side rooms.

Quirky boutique hotel. Helpful reception and bar staff.

Super. We loved every minute
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

It was all as good as possible .

We travel frequently as now retired - perhaps 4 months per year - and normally manage to stay in Relais & Chateau group hotels. This little hotel was good enough to join such a prestigious group and we loved everything about it. The receptionist Fem and the barman Robin were kindness and efficiency personified. Scrambled egg and bacon at breakfast the best. Just stay there and prove my judgement.

Perfect hotel

Nothing. All is great

The hotel itself felt like walking into an exquisite art museum, and the room was like a room for royalty. Very beautiful hotel. Wonderful location. Very pleasant people. Absolutely LOVE this hotel.

Lovely hotel!!!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Our hairdryer didn’t work but this was instantly changed by the staff who brought up a better hairdryer to the room instantly. However the underfloor heating in the bathroom didn’t work, neither did the TV or the air con. So I found that this didn’t want the stay as ‘comfortable’ as it could have been. But I loved that we got gowns and slippers provided and even the little things like cotton buds and a shower cap!

The rooms are all different so I liked how quirky our room was. We had a great view, the decoration was old but really suited the room and I loved the oak beams. The staff are the best asset to the hotel! They’re all great :)

Visiting the city was amazing and it was even better to get back to a nice hotel every evening.

Not so important, I travelled with my parents and booked the triple room so I slept in the single bed which was a bit hard and my feet hung out when I moved (I am 1m76).

Perfectly situated, very friendly staff, loved the eccentric/artsy style of the hotel and baroque rooms, the coffee machine in our room was very useful and the cosy bar was the perfect way to end cold evenings. We didn't have a chance to eat at the hotel brasserie but always saw people coming and going at dinner time.

Perfect location, unique collection of buildings stitched together to creat a unique, pleasant stay.
    • Superior Deluxe Double Room with Canal View

This independently-owned hotel with library bar and brassiere, also doubles as an art gallery, with an extensive collection of art from the Cobra art movement (a short-lived but highly influential artist collective formed in Paris. Named for the three northern European cities that its founders originated from - Copenhagen, Brussels and Amsterdam). Ask for the brochure they have created showing where all their art is hung and take yourself a tour. The Library Bar is a gem, with a knowledgeable barkeep who pours an outstanding Gin and tonic using a gin from Sacred, a London micro distillery, and Feverfew Tonic. I had the house-made country pate. I requested gluten free bread, and my pate was accompanied by a gluten free roll that I felt compelled to ask if it was really gluten free, as it was so good! My room was perfect, and I enjoyed watching life on the canal. Tip: if you’re are lucky enough to book a canal view, keep in mind you may want ear plugs, as you can hear the sounds of the street. It didn’t bother me, but if you are a light sleeper, remember your ear plugs. Comfortable, clean room with good toiletries, heated bathroom floor all pluses. Blowdryer was useless. Highly recommended for visit to the city center. Very well located. I would not recommend to families with small children.

Great hotel with great staff in brilliant location but rooms way too small for the price
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room however was much much smaller than I expected it would be for the price. The bathroom was a decent size albeit a bit outdated.

The building itself, lobby areas, bar and staff were all great.

Wonderful place to return to!

Norhing to complain about!

We will definetly return to this wonderful cosy hotel! The staff is very friendly and helpful. Everything was perfect! Beautiful room with canal view and nicely decorated. It made us feel at home. The location is also fantastic!

It was perfect
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff wore great went an extra mile to help you , me and my partner loved everything about our stay here by far the nicest hotel we've stayed in definitely recommend this hotel great location , room service was quick too couldn't say a bad word about this hotel 😊

Nice room with character at a beautilful handy location.
    • Classic Single Room

Hairdryer should be upgraded, now it has a stiff button that you have to press continuously for power and it's really weak, a small detail where you shouldn't be saving.

Nice room with character at a beautilful handy location.

Too short, didnt want to leave the hotel, was just so lovely
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing needed. Such a lovely hotel

The staff were so friendly. The rooms are huge, so comfortable, the bathroom was really big, the toiletries given to you in the room was also the nicest touch. Best location to be in Amsterdam.

Cozy hotel with beautiful room with canal view;
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Cozy hotel with beautiful room with canal view; the breakfast has a large selection and variety and the room has large Windows on the canal. Friendly staff. Definitely recommended.

A great place to return to each day.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Only that we could only stay 5 nights.

Our first visit to Amsterdam with our 23-year-old daughter: The canal view/location was perfect, the breakfast sumptuous, the staff warm and professional, the rooms — sublime. Stay here if you can. We'll be back!

Very good Hotel with top class service.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Fantastic customer service - nothing was too much trouble. Lovely room, very clean, great decor and set in a great location. We ate in the Brasserie; the food was good, top service and some good wine recommendations too!

Stylish and perfectly located hotel!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Canal View

The hair dryer was awful- attached to the wall by a short cord which made it hard to use. This hotel was so good that this was my only very tiny complaint.

Really cool hotel in the best location- close but not too close to the crowded Dam square, it is nestled on a beautiful canal in the 9 streets shopping area. It has a small boutique feel but with every amenity a large hotel offers (laundry service, lobby bar, room service, etc). The restaurant (Brasserie Ambassade) was amazing for dinner the night we arrived- impeccable service, food was wonderful and the ambiance is perfect. This hotel breakfast was one of the best ever with just the nicest staff. We enjoyed drinks in the lobby bar a couple times waiting for our car and waiting out the rain and it was hard to leave to go explore because the library bar is so wonderful - music, lighting, the chess and backgammon games and delicious drinks. We would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone!

Reasonable for a short visit.

Bathroom facilities and breakfast experience.

We booked this hotel as a quick overnighter and found the price very reasonable. The staff were super friendly and informative. They were very helpful in organising our afternoon and dinner. Our room was very small (as expected) however we found it almost impossible to shower. Our friends did not shower as their drain was blocked. Our toilet seat was loose and I actually slipped off it! Breakfast, which was included in the rate, was below average. It would perhaps be better not to include breakfast at all or charge a few more dollars for an better experience.

very comfortable and peaceful ,relaxed stay, with plenty to visit,cafes and choice restaurants close

Nothing excellent

Extra big bed, very comfortable. Good sized room, with excellent en suite shower and full sized bath. Location city centre, but quiet, easy to get attractions. Staff friendly and helpful. Room very clean , decor luxurious and in keeping with age of building/ traditional.

Excellent.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The location is excellent. I walked everywhere. The hotel is kept immaculately and was a joy to go back to because of its lovely and charming atmosphere. I had room 67, at the very top of this quaint and charming hotel. That meant I had a spiral, fairly steep staircase at the end. I was able to navigate the stairs. However, someone who has knee or hip problems (as I did two years) might find navigating the spiral staircase to be a problem (as I would have two years ago). That is my only caveat. The view onto the Herrengracht (canal) and its gorgeous architecture from room 67's wall of windows was spectacular. Moreover, since my room had eves and gable, one could see how goods were moved many years ago to top floors from the canal. The renovation is top notch, and the room was most comfortable and well-decorated. The staff was helpful and obviously take great pride in their work and in their hotel. I did not eat breakfast at the hotel since it was expensive. I had lunch, but since it was salad, I have no real basis of comparison of the food. I would stay at this hotel again without hesitation.

Disapointing accomadation.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room was very disappointing nothing like what you advertised on your web site and way over priced for what we got.

Restaurant and staff were very nice and the property was clean.

Great stay - highly recommend!

Absolutely no complaints.

Beautiful hotel in an excellent location. The bed is extremely comfortable. The Champagne Breakfast in bed is definitely worth it!

Amazing, very clean and happy
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Canal View

On New Year’s Eve the surrounding areas were very rough and dodgey. Lots of fireworks going off in places not safe but no fault of the hotel.

The bed was very comfy and very big. Great cleans every day and bathroom was very lovely. Brilliant views onto the canal, and very extra friendly staff always willing to help.

The location was great, and our room had a great view of the...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Canal View

The location was great, and our room had a great view of the canal. Check-in was Easy’s our room was a little smaller than the pictures, but the furnishings were nice. The bed was comfortable.

Would return to this hotel in a heartbeat and will be sure to book here when we return to Amsterdam
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Great location in the nine streets on the canal, beautiful common areas and fantastic room. The collection of Cobta art is breathtaking. Only had breakfast at the hotel restaurant but it was great.

Fabulous

Great position, special feel about the place, great bar and restaurant, super friendly and helpful staff, loved our attic style room and great that you can prepay for taxi ride to airport

The ideal place in Amsterdam

The hotel is extremely well located in one of the most desirable area of the city. The reception staff is highly professional and very friendly. Decoration is stylish yet cosy (hall, bar, salons). We will definitely book again next time we come to Amsterdam.

Relaxing, inspiring and wonderful.

Can't fault it.

The atmosphere was like a family hotel that really cared for guests. Breakfast was fabulous andvoverlooking canal. Just gogeous!they also booked museums and gave me tram tickets that we added to the bill. It made sight seeing so easy. Also had great cocktails before dinner in lovely space near the library.

Excellent and convenient accommodation. Very friendly helpful staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Excellent dinng for breakfast and dinner. Excellent location. Room small and very narrow stairs but that is Amsterdam. Very clean and fresh air available but that is the beauty of old traditional buildings

The right place for great city
    • Classic Single Room

This a lovely place to stay if you're spending a few days in Amsterdam. The location is excellent, as is the ambiance. The staff is very helpful but not intrusive. The bed was so comfortable!

Cozy, classy and beautiful
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Quite expensive, but its luxurious and perfect if you want to treat yourself with something special =) Absolutely worth it if you wish to spend some more money at at hotel, I would definetely stay there again.

Nice service, sweet personell, beautiful room with ordinary design. Got the room for a nice price, otherwise pretty expensive. Very nice of the personell to upgrade us without extra cost. Good location as well. Loved the hotel bar that actually was a library full of signed books from celebrities. Cozy and classy at the same time.

Amazing Hotel
    • Grand Suite with Canal View

Stunning Hotel, our room was amazing and staff were very friendly and helpful. Great location within the heart of the shopping, eating and drinking quarters of Amsterdam.

This is a special hotel - very stylish, friendly and well located.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Canal View

Really nice hotel with great staff and a good location. The library and art works are special. Whenever we are in Amsterdam we try to stay at the Ambassade. We had a very good meal in the braserie. The last time we stayed it had not yet opened and it is a really good addition.

Great location, friendly staff in fantastic city.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room we were first allocated wasn’t great - very dark and noisy due to being right next to the street. We asked to change and the next room was much better.

Great location in a great city.

Beautiful hotel with kind staff made for wonderful stay
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Having a shower that will allow you to shower without getting your hair wet, just add a rail to the shower and it will really increase comfort of showering

Staff was super friendly! Beautiful bar and great location.

Great location with all main attractions within walking...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

No milk for tea - they would bring it if you asked. Think it is expensive especially if you pay for breakfast on top !

Great location with all main attractions within walking distance. Lovely traditional building, rooms were narrow but comfortable. We hired bikes from the hotel but you may want to look at alternative bikes to hire as they were heavy and not traditional braking. Attentive staff

Great location and pleasant staff.

The only thing was the narrow stairs to upper level of our room.

The location of this hotel is wonderful. The staff helped us to our room and even pick d up our luggage when we checked out. They also arranged tickets to one of he museums. The hotel is clean. Our room was clean and the bathroom had heated floors, clean shower, and dep tub.

I'll be back at this hotel more than once.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing or maybe more tv free channels in case you have to stay in.

Everything. Super friendly and accomodating staff, very helpful, they did everything to make me feel confortable. Concierges, Maître de Table at The Brasserie, Chef, every waiter, every maid, were impeccable, all of them remembered every request I've made the first day. Excellent location, very beautifully decorated buildings, very different to other Hotels. Good bed, good pillows, nice bathroom, good toiletries.

very enjoyable stay, staff very friendly, would definately stay again if going to amsterdam.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Got a free upgrade to the apartment, on the next street to the hotel. It was lovely, separate sitting room loverlooking the canal, very clean, very comfortable bed.Within walking distance of everything,

Excellent in every way. Would stay here again and recommend to friends.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The tariff was rather high but acceptable given location, staff service and attention to detail. Also there were a number of activities in Amsterdam that weekend which meant a shortage of accommodation.

The staff service was excellent and very professional yet friendly. The room and beds were very comfortable and the location was quiet. The room overlooked a canal so it was a very "Amsterdam" experience. When we asked for a taxi to the Rijksmuseum we were given a complimentary limousine ride. Would stay here again.

Fabulous location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Canal View

Our room was comfortable and clean but a bit too cozy.

Fabulous location. Staff was friendly, helpful and ready willing and able to help with any and all of our needs. Thank you for making our stay in Amsterdam delightful! Can't wait to return.

Exceptional Hotel in a great location!
    • Classic Single Room

We booked several rooms at this hotel after much research and were all very happy that we did! The hotel was beautiful, very clean, the location was great, staff accommodating and food very enjoyable. I would highly recommend the Ambassde Hotel and rate them over exceptional.

Good location, about 15-20 min walk to central station &...

My friend's glass was broken during our stay, the hotel provided an acceptable solution. It might be an accident, but still feel bad about it Have mosquito in the room, can not sleep well the first night~

Good location, about 15-20 min walk to central station & museum district The room is very clean, have 2 wash basins in the the bathroom which is great. love the decoration, the staff are very friendly & helpful

My husband and I had a wonderful stay for our 4th anniversary.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel staff were very professional. They accommodated our needs when we made requests. The hotel was beautiful and we had an amazing view of the canals.

This was a delightful stay that was perfect for both our business and personal needs.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

bed was a little hard, which can be a good thing, depending on your taste, but the only real issue I had with the whole hotel (which is pretty minor), is that the pillows were too hard and kinked my neck. No options of softer pillow. Champagne problems, I know.

Fantastic place! The rooms were well appointed. We loved the bar, restaurant and the lounge areas. The art and decor were very enjoyable. The hotel offered terrific fresh and easy breakfast. Their restaurant food was incredible and we were able to get a reservation same day. The staff were all very friendly and responsive. Room service all night was a life-saver. :) Many luxury amenities. Location was perfect!

The staff was very friendly and always helpful.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff was very friendly and always helpful. Our room was quiet and very pleasant; the bed super comfortable, The evening we arrived we ate at the hotel Brasserie and the food was superb. We had an excellent stay.

Worthy of being repeated and recommended!
    • Classic Single Room

Steps! but that's my problem, not that of the hotel. Worthy

Good food, good bed, clean bath, good weather, good area transportation = great trip! Hotel personnel outstanding! and helpful, friendly, warm, cheerful!

The location was great, we were able to walk to our destinations.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

we arrived from overseas at 9:00 a.m., and our room was not ready until 2:30p.m. We were exhausted and fell asleep in lobby.

The staff was excellent, very accommodating.

Look no further than this hotel, perfect in every way.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Cannot think how hotel or service could be improved in any way.

Beautifully appointed room, comfy beds, windows open for fresh air, quiet, block out curtains, great bathroom and shower, fresh flowers, fruit and water complimentary. Kind, helpful and patient staff. Great to just hang out and have a coffee when you need a break from the busy city. Cannot wait to get back to Amsterdam just to stay here.

Excellent stay

Rooms that are not overlooking the canal

We have stayed two nights in this beautiful hotel, one before our cruise and the second one after that. The location is fantastic, it is close to the very center of the city... Within few steps you'll reach to Kalverstraat (a nice walking street with many nice shops and restaurants) that will lead you to the Dam Square. There are nice restaurants and bars close to the hotel as well. The hotel itself is composed of many tiny buildings that are facing a beautiful canal. Due to that, there are many steps going up and down while walking in the hotel from place to another since the level of each building is not the same. So this place is not suitable for people with accessibly issues. However, you will be able to imagine how the Amesterdam's houses are designed and how tiny are the steps or the corridors. On our first night we have stayed in a room with no view despite the fact that we have requested a room with a canal view. The staff said that due to high occupancy and limited availability, they could not accommodate our request, but they have promised to do their best to get us a room with a canal view when we return back from our cruise. One important thing that really must be said is that the check-in process is quite seamless. It is the most efficient and quickest process I have seen among all my travels all over the world. They ensured that the data provided are correct and that's it... No IDs, no Credit Cards,...etc... They handed the key to you and ready to get your room. We appreciated this too. The staff are very kind and try to do their best to help you. We have ordered a room service and the order was delivered quickly and was delicious. We had our breakfast in the Brasserie restaurant which is on the first floor and the breakfast was not included in the room price (it costs around 20 Euros) per person... The service and food is delicious but the variety is limited even with the A La Carte Menu.

Lovely, we would return.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff, lovely atmosphere in public areas, lots of cosy places to sit and have a drink. Drinks in bar very reasonable.

Browse Ambassade Hotel traveller photo gallery