Reviews of Ramada Amsterdam Airport Schiphol 4 stars

Sloterweg 299, 1171 VB Badhoevedorp, Netherlands

#3 of 8 hotels in Badhoevedorp

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Good hotel when on business.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Finding the hotel was quite difficult and it was not near where our sat nav took us.

A pleasant hotel with a good ambience. The bar and lounge area was good and you didn't feel squashed in. The rooms were a good size.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Discounted price was real price. Would not recommend if I had to pay list price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Beds hard and the room was too hot. Only duvet provide for bed covering. Too hot for conditions

The indoor pool. The great friendly shuttle staff. Very convenient for transit airport. Small supermarket and restaurant 1km away.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

A good option for Schipol.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not a USB port in sight so was unable to charge my phone the entire time. Very poor for a modern hotel IMO. Elevators are slow. I requested a wake-up call (since my phone had no battery life left) but never got one - be warned! At breakfast the milk for cereal was warm & the coffee was not great tbh.

The breakfast finished at 1000 however you were not rushed & there was plenty of food to choose from. It was an excellent breakfast for the most part. Comfy bed and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

unpleasant due to the receptionist having serious attitude and rude

receptionist, location, experience,

very unfriendly staff. 1st the hotel advert said Schipol but it was miles away from schipol. Then the staff were not friendly on a number of occasions, I even mentioned to the receptionist that I was visiting because it was my birthday and she gave me an attitude. I definitely doesn't be returning to this hotel even for a free night. My experience was horrible.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Lots of space in the family suite and excellent location...
    • Family Suite

Air conditioning was not the best, struggles to cool the room.

Lots of space in the family suite and excellent location close to Schipol with free airport shuttle.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Excellent hotel, supported by excellent staff.

All good.

Excellent location for my business interests and meetings. Staff are excellent, always remember me when I arrive and offer the best rooms in the hotel. My meetings start very early in the morning so they offer me a boxed breakfast option and I use the hotel bicycles to communte to my meeting venues at the airport complex.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Overnight stop near Schipol.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing wrong with the hotel for an overnight stop. Only issue we had was initially finding out where to go outside the Terminal building to get the shuttle to the hotel as the pick up point is on the opposite side of the road to most of the other hotel shuttles and was tricky to find in the dark. We struck lucky in that the shuttle drove past us and stopped 50 meters in front of us at its apparent pick up point!

Rooms were modern and well equipped. We initially had a problem with the TV in our room but the management sent their technician immediately to resolve the small problem. Due to our late arrival and early check out we couldn't test the restaurant or bar but they looked fine. We pre-booked our early morning return shuttle to Schipol which arrived on time and without problems delivered us outside the main terminal.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Airport proximity, nice and clean room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Sauna was cold & turned off at 21:00 while it was advertised to be on until 22:30. Shuttle could run more often or a time schedule could be provided to guests. Waiting 25 minutes at the packed airport bus stop was not pleasant at all.

Airport proximity, nice and clean room

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

good, but paid more than expected in public transport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

a bit inconvenient to use public transport to the city center, it is quite expensive because you don't have alternatives using normal day ticket, it is not valid for the lines close to the hotel, then you need a ticket for other bus companies that are not GVB. Hotel staff did not inform about good alternatives. Noisy guests in the early morning, it seems they were inside our room, very loud. Bike rent is €16 day, could be cheaper or free since public transport is not so good from the hotel.

hotel was good, clean, and they provide a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel every half hour.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Good place if you want to stay close to airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Shuttle pick up from airport was painful. This was the only one which came at some other lane and I waited 1.15 mins for my shuttle

Location, cleanliness, shuttle to airport

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

VERY GOOD ALL ROUND STAY
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

BREAKFAST WAS EXPENSIVE BUT VERY NICE,FREE AIRPORT SHUTTLE WAS BRILLIANT WHICH WE USED TO GET TO THE TRAINS AT THE AIRPORT TO GET INTO THE CITY,BUT THIS SERVICE WAS NOT PROMOTED ENOUGH BY THE HOTEL BEFOREHAND OR WHERE TO PICK IT UP FROM AT THE AIRPORT.

GOOD BREAKFAST SELECTION,EXCELLENT 10 MINUTE AIRPORT SHUTTLE TO CONNECT WITH TRAINS INTO CITY,NICE AND QUIET LOCATION.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Everything!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything! The stuff is so kind, we asked for a bowl of soup for our instant noodles the nice man at the bar gave us everything plus he added a brad which is very kind of him, everything was amazing the location is great! Very close to the airport and in a nice area, very quiet! I loved it!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Very nice room with comfortable beds.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Noisy guests! Room near the elevator lacks significant sound proofing.

Very nice room with comfortable beds. What I did not like were the other guests clomping around and shouting at each other at 2a.m. Make sure that you ar not given a room near the elevators!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Close to airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very difficult to find the shuttle bus stop at The airport. The beds are hard and uncomfortable. The steam room was broken and wrong hours listed for spa amenities.

Close to airport. Lovely room. Free shuttle was nice.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

By the looks of the room/hotel, this hotel has recently...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nowadays, many hotels around Schiphol have unmanned checkin/checkout terminals, but this hotel does not have this system. After booking, I received a message that the airport shuttle information (time plan) had been changed since March 2018, however at the time of travelling (Sep 2018) the time table near the bus/shuttle stops at Schiphol airport still displayed the old information. In case you need to leave the hotel early, be aware that the shuttle bus is rather small, so make sure to reserve your spot at the front desk!

By the looks of the room/hotel, this hotel has recently been renovated. My room had a very comfortable bed and everything was very clean.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Very nice hotel but not enough airport shuttle support. Small shuttle not enough room for everyone
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel is great for one night stay if flying in but shuttle will only provide trip back to airport when you check out. Unless you rent a taxi back to airport, you are stuck in the middle of no where. If you want to do a sightseeing visit, this not the place to stay.

The smart phone in the room was a nice addition

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Clean room, terrible breakfast!
    • Family Suite

The hotel was very far from anything, breakfast in this hotel was the worst I have ever seen, not much selection at all, booking in staff where very miserable and not very helpful, you get charged City tax too so read your before you buy as this is an added extra.

Free shuttle bus, clean rooms too, quiet location.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Free phone with free internet and calls, it was very helpful...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

After I leave the hotel they took from my visa 13.85 EUR without notifying me why?!! It is far away from the city it takes around 1 hour.

Free phone with free internet and calls, it was very helpful for me.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The location was convenient from the airport and the free...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately it ended there, the TV in the room wasn’t working, which wasn’t a huge deal. We went down the the restaurant and was ‘un-greeted’, a firm and loud “TUT” from one of the staff when he saw us, this set the mood for our dinner as he gestured with a hand movement to “sit anywhere” to the main floor. We choose a seat and were luckily greeted by a young guy, Ruben I believe, he was new and told us so which was endearing as he offered water and recommended a wine. This is where it ends, service was quite shocking. We were ignored, there was no one to get eye contact with, we waited 30 minutes for a cheese sandwich and some ravioli, which was cold and had so much Parmesan over it, that’s all that could be tasted and was inedible. To make things worse, we sat for over 20 minutes with dirty plates, no water and no offer of another drink. Finally we got someone’s attention and asked for desserts, I ordered some fries as I was still hungry after travels and the ravioli, unfortunately, this was another 30 min wait, by this time, it was unwanted and past the point of hunger, we had to ask for the bill and to pay as we were tired and wanted to sleep for our 6am departure. All in all, one and a half hours for a glass of wine and a salad, we watched the staff rudely tell people they were closed on numerous occasions, turn people to the bar area, listened to other guests complaining about the waits and lack of attention.

The location was convenient from the airport and the free shuttle was a bonus. Check in was great, the lady on reception was friendly and helpful with everything we needed and sorted out our shuttle bus with no problems.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Good for a night transit in AMS Airport

Unfriendly staff, they need improvement except the shuttle bus driver!

My Second Stay in this Hotel. Highly recommended for a transit stop in Schiphol. Free shuttle bus every 30 min. 10 min walk to the supermarket.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Very Good!we like it a lot!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff reception, not so friendly, when you ask for late check out answer: we charge you 1 more night. They can say policy from our hotel we don't have a late check out. Just not so nice how they react.

This is a very good hotel, nice combination old and modern. Swimming pool and sauna very good steam not work.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Restaurant is poor.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Restaurant is poor. Meal selection completely lacks imagination and food poorly prepared. restaurant reflects quality of a low cost café rather than a hotel. If I want burgers I go to McDonalds.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

What happened to service with a smile?
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The most unfriendly and straight faced hotel staff I've had the pleasure to meet.

The shuttle driver that took us from the airport to the hotel and back to the Airport. The hotels location and room I loved.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Excellent friendly helpful staff. Clean and modern great food and location. Left an item of clothing in my room and staff bent over backwards to return to me. Highly recommended

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Superb hotel!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Lovely room, very clean. Location was a little bit far from central Amsterdam but that was not much of a issue as there were bus stops nearby. We had a very beautiful view from our room. Staff were amazing and very welcoming. I would definitely stay there again on my next visit to Amsterdam.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Recommended for one night transit

Unfriendly staff, they need improvement except the bus driver!

Very good for a transit stop in Schiphol. Free shuttle bus every 30 min. 10 min walk to the supermarket.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great for access to Schiphol Airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was just what I needed to be close to the airport for a flight the next day back to the US. The shuttle made both my arrival at the hotel and departure easy and convenient. It was reasonably priced and clean.

Fun relaxing educational lots of cheese!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Little chilly in foyer area

You get a handy smart phone in your room that has all the info you'd ever need and you can take it with you travelling around. Also if a short stay no need for room clean so put tag on door and get 5e voucher.! 🤗 Free shuttle bus to and from airport regularly . Then public transport gets u into city in 20mins! 👌

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Good choice for short stay!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

to be honest I expected more from this hotel, for instance there was not slipper in my room and each time I called to the reception nobody picked the phone.

the hotel was clean and the shuttle time table was great, breakfast was of to a good quality

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great family stay before flying home
    • Family Suite

No parking and elevators are a bit slow

We arrived with two young daughters and got a great double room, with a living room and two very comfortable double beds. The room was clean and beautifully designed. We also had dinner in the restaurant and it was very nice. We used the airport free shuttle which was very convenient. A great experience.

Our bed was so comfortable, and the bedroom so quiet that we...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Location wasn't that easy to get a bus into the city. Had to cross a couple of roads. Took 2 buses. Got charged different prices there and back.

Our bed was so comfortable, and the bedroom so quiet that we slept in and missed breakfast (which is grossly overpriced anyway). Great night's sleep.

Excellent stay!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very nice and helpfull staff, as well at reception as in the restaurant. Good food and clean rooms with comfortable beds! Very close to Schiphol airport with free shuttle service!

overnight stay for connexting flight
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

a bit more expensive than some other competitors at Schiphol. the room could use a mini bar

helpfull staff. big, clean rooms. very quite. shuttle every half and hour to/from airport

Amsterdam Stay - Ramada
    • Comfort Triple Room

Service - shuttle person was rude and not friendly. Nothing to eat at the bar... breakfast is horrible without any labels. Rooms were ok but nothing great.

Nothing in particular. Maybe you will go by the name Ramada but unfortunately it was bad. There was one phone given for free access throughout Amsterdam. which was slightly helpful and we could access only the internet.

This was a great airport hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Getting the shuttle at the airport was very confusing. I called the hotel was given instructions, but the instructions did not match where the shuttle van actually was. We turned around while looking for the supposed place and it was there. We asked the driver where the pick up really was and he said it changes all the time. We were lucky, but I could see someone wandering around looking for the shuttle.

This was a great airport hotel. The breakfast was very good. It's a bit far from the airport, but the shuttle worked well and was not crowded.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed was like sleeping on a rubber mat. Noise from corridor even though other guests were not being rowdy. Breakfast was poor and left out too long so dry and crusty.

Room was clean.

Fantastic :)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Items sold inside the hotel (water, snacks, etc) are a bit expensive.

It is a very nice hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel is very nice and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Great location nearby airport, easy access to the city center
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Met our expectations during our transit via Schiphol airport

+Location +Friendly staff +Frequent shuttle bus to/from airport +Large and clean room, comfortable bed +Tasty food at their restaurant +Pool, sauna

Booked this hotel to be close to the airport for our flight...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Could not fault this hotel at all.

Booked this hotel to be close to the airport for our flight the next morning. Shuttle bus from hotel to airport was great. Staff very friendly and helpful. Got a room upgrade which was great. Stunning views. Beautiful room and was clean and comfortable.

Good value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

If you don’t know where to catch the shuttle bus when you first arrive at the airport, it can be a bit hard to find. They need better instructions and signage.

Convenient to airport, but we used this hotel as a base to explore Amsterdam. The hotel has a shuttle bus every half hour to the airport (15min) and the trains run so regularly that we never waited more then 7min for one.

nothing much
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The wifi was not working and i had to argue with the reception staff to get the room changed. The airport transfer bus was full and I had to take a taxi to get to the airport in time. Overall, bad experience.

nothing much

Easy to get to, comfortable bed.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Requested a room away from the elevator and was put in a room directly in front of the elevator. Breakfast is expensive.

Easy from Schipol. Pool and sauna are nice after a long flight.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The WiFi was terrible, could not load a 3 minute video let...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The WiFi was terrible, could not load a 3 minute video let alone watching a movie. There was no USB port to charge my devices, when I rang and asked they said it’s in the tv but I couldn’t use it because you can’t get to the back as it was secured to the wall. The blanket on the bed was stained and slightly damp. Reception didn’t answer when I rang the second time to ask about the room service app as that also wouldn’t work. Just a terrible stay all in all, I couldn’t wait to get on my flight home and leave. Staff didn’t ask how my stay was at all, just wanted my key so they could get another booking in. Would not be staying here again.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

I should have spent more money to stay elsewhere . The discount offered was misleading
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

My room was right next to the main lift even though I had requested a quiet room. The reception area merged with the “ tuck shop “.

The offering was very different to the reality

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

It is an option close to airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast at extra cost. Absolutely nothing at a walking distance.

Located close to airport with a shuttle running every half an hour 6am to 1130pm. Large room and good bathroom. Standard hotel, OK for the price, convenient for an early flight and much cheaper than a corresponding hotel downtown.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great for a one night stay if going to/from Schipol airport. No neighborhood to speak of.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A bit noisy. There is a gap between the door and floor and sounds from the hallway come right through. People don't realize this as they talk back and forth in the hallways. Wifi in the rooms is very poor. May have been better in lobby but I didn't try there.

Good proximity to airport, shuttle service to and from is nice. Rooms are large for European standards and bathroom is decent size. Restaurant is adequate.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Clean, convenient and courteous .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was clean, pleasant and quiet. The hotel provides guests with a complimentary mobile phone with free access anywhere in the world for the duration of the stay.

Friendly staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

You can hear the adjacent room during night, noisy. I felt cheated by the shuttle as in the webpage it states call the reception if out of the normal schedule and it does not solve anything, add 25€ and an angry driver to the price.

Friendly staff. Comfortable bed. Good details like crystal glasses and amenities.

The entire staff from reception to the restaurant were very...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The entire staff from reception to the restaurant were very friendly and accomodating. The shuttle to/from the airport was a huge bonus especially since you can take the train from there as well. There is a free cell phone you can take into the city to save data which also an awesome plus and room service was easy to order thru an app. Also, if you op out of having your room cleaned every day you can get a 5€ credit at the bar/restaurant which is a very clever and environmentally friendly option. Overall an extremely pleasant and enjoyable stay. Thank you!!

Would never stay here again!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was disgusting and unclean. Black mold and mildew buildup on the tile floor, shower door and walls in the shower. The shower leaked water leaving the room smelling like mildew. The smell was so strong, closing the bathroom door did not help.

food and location

i was not given rooms booked for meanwhile i was charged for 1 double room and 1 triple room but ended up getting 2 double rooms. please I had to pay for breakfast even though i had paid online

food and location

The hotel provided most of our needs sufficiently.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The wifi in the rooms was very poor, mostly was not able to connect unless down in the lobby/lounge area. There was sometimes a very bad smell that came from the bathroom, especially when the weather was warm outside.

The selection for the buffet breakfast was great, and so was the quality of the food. The navigation cell phone that you could use all day for free was really useful. The shuttle service was great - always on time.

Clean and quiet but overall poor: no wifi, no phone in room, lights didn't work.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No information at all about how to get the shuttle to the hotel, and my email - sent days in advance - asking about this was answered after I left... Wifi shocking - not even able to load pages to check in for my next flight! No phone in the room, so unable to contact reception. There was a smartphone in the room, available for guests to take out and about with them, but it could not be used to contact reception (and required wifi, which did not work...) Room service was only available via an app, which had to be downloaded - but there was no wifi to do this or make the order... Lights by the beds in the room did not work My room was sold as a double but was two narrow singles made up separately and pushed together

Room was quiet and clean Shuttle back to the airport was on time Shuttle driver very friendly

Would definitely stay there again. Very convenient for an overnight stopover.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Would be good if when booking, information on where to get airport shuttle was advised.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Shuttle to and from airport was very good.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Good one night airport stopover.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There is nothing really around the place so you wouldn't want to do more than a one night stopover there.

A good hotel for one night near the airport. The food in the restaurant was surprisingly good. You expect chain hotel food to be ho-hum but it was delicious! Breakfast was plentiful. The shuttle to the airport worked well.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Poor value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Time for awaiting shuttle bus transport (3h spent on the bus station).Finally I drove by the private taxi. Luck of fridge in the room. Luck of bottles of water in the room. Quality of the breakfast.

Cleanliness in whole areas. Comfortable bed. Free Internet access.

Nice hotel, close to the airport, good breakfast.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Had my rental bike stolen ( left my keys in the lock, so my fault ), but the hotel charged me 500 euros for it. I mean it was in the bike rental agreement, written in small letters and all, but they could at least warn me verbally about that- I would’ve been much more careful. Just common courtesy. Also, the shuttle bus driver seemed very depressed, he once said something like :”goodbye everybody, I will go home now to my linely life” when everybody was getting off the bus. I hope he is not going to kill himself or something. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is mistreated at work by the hotel staff or something.

Breakfast, swimming pool. Shuttle service.

Convenient close to Schiphol Airport.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We did not like we had to pay for using the outside parking facility.

Convenient close to Schiphol Airport. No noise from outside at the room. Free shuttle service to the airport.

Majority great- 1 member of staff let the place down
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very rude staff on the desk. Tall lady with curly hair, extremely rude on checkin. I wish I’d complained at the time but I was outright surprised at the comments she made I couldn’t tell whether she was trying to be funny or just being plain rude. I left it, but after hearing other customers in the swimming pool also complain about her it’s just encouraged me to review. I’ve also been charged twice for the room! And the second amount taken isn’t even what I paid initially but still 3 figures so I’m a bit confused?

The hotel seemed fairly modern and was clean. The resteraunt staff, maintenance and majority of reception staff were pleasant and helpful. The free shuttle bus was great

Great alternative to fly in and out of Amsterdam
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Towels were stinky, that sucked. We didn't know we had to book the airport shuttle and it was full. Our fault, no big deal. Also the attention of the staff at breakfast can improve, but it was good above all. Minor details.

It is very convinient to be 10 minutes away from the airport. A round ticket to Amsterdam is 10 EUR and it takes 15 to get to the central station downtown. A great option to stay in a nice hotel for a nice price, instead of staying in an expensive, small center hotel.

Spacious family room, convenient travel links and awesome complementary smart phone
    • Family Suite

Normally we would have let the boys use the pool and facilities independently but there were people using the steam-room/sauna naked. I know this is customary in some countries but I was not even comfortable to use them myself, don't really want to sit there with other men's tackle on show! There were no staff on duty in the pool area either, it was kind of help yourself. The bar area was not very cosy or comfortable to sit in - no carpets, rugs or cushions, just one flat bar with stools and some random tables and chairs opposite. We did not have breakfast as it would have been 17 Euro's each! Quite expensive I feel.

We chose to stay near the airport as accommodation for 4 can be very pricey in the center of Amsterdam, so we had a family room for the four of us (two boys aged 12 and 18). The room was excellent with 2 separate rooms (one huge king bed an 2 singles) and a sitting area. The hotel offers a shuttle to the airport which we used every day of our 3 day stay, from there we used our 3 day travel pass to get the train into Amsterdam. The shuttle runs every 30 mins each way and is driven by courteous and cheery drivers. There was an indoor pool in the basement which my youngest son used one evening. On the first evening we ordered food from the bar and it was very tasty - homemade tomato soup for me and burger and fries for the others. The burger order was initially incorrect with sauce but it was no trouble for the meal to be replaced quickly and correctly. One feature that was fantastic was the mobile phone in the room which has constant internet, you can use it to make international calls and you can take it out and about with you. This was an invaluable resource for finding some out-of-the-way places using Google maps. Never seen this before but it was awesome. Nespresso coffee in the room was great to wake up to and regularly topped up. Rooms always clean and tidy upon return from busy sightseeing days.

The location was really good if you have early flight the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was nice to see a handset that you can take with you as temporary phone in the room, however, the handset wasn't really working. The touch screen is not sensitive.

The location was really good if you have early flight the next morning (it was quite a distance from the city center though). Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Good food.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They couldn't print the invoice and promised will send it later. After the did it wrong. Trying to contact them, but no answer, even phone and e-mail.

Good food. Comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The room
    • Family Suite

Instructions about the shuttle service from the airport to the hotel not at all clear. They should give a map to show where one should wait for the bus. Also shuttle bus not clearly labelled.

The room

Quite a comfortable family room. But you have to carefully identify the shuttle bus at the airport.
    • Family Suite

Sleeping on the first floor and above the hotel main entrance, you will be disturbed by the noise of the opening and closing of the door of the main entrance. The shuttle bus did not have the name of the hotel on it, but instead it shows another hotel name on the bus, and just a A4-sized paper with the hotel name printed and was stuck on the door of the shuttle. It's very difficult to recognised, especially during the peak hours at the airport, we missed two within an hour from 2000 to 2100.

Helpful and friendly staff; 10-minute driving distance from the airport and is quite convenient. Provide shuttle bus services to and from the airport.

Very comfy bed, nice warm shower/ bath and large rooms.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Noise can be easily heard - was awoken at 5am by people on corridors, then the cleaners starting their rounds. Restaurant is a little overpriced for the standard of food.

Very comfy bed, nice warm shower/ bath and large rooms. Free shuttle bus from the airport is a huge benefit also.

Disappointing stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi did not work in both rooms for 3 days. On complaining I was told this is technical issue, or too many people on the internet or maybe the rooms don't have signals! I was not given any solutions. The sink in one of the rooms was clogged i repeatedly asked for it the first 2 nights than gave up.

Breakfast was nice

It was okay- the staff was very friendly - just sad that dissappointment came at the end-
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We found during our travel that we do not like the bathtub/shower that is in Germany - tub is too high and difficult to get out of - the shower does not have a complete door - things get wet - When checking in we paid in full so that we could leave directly for the airport - when we went to leave we were stopped and told the parking was additional - when we booked we believed that the booking included parking - and if not - they should have charged us when we paid at check in - not cool - very aggravating -

The food in the restaurant was excellent as was the staff - The hotel was very nice -

Comfortable stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We asked for toothpaste (as instructed by leaflet in bathroom) on 2 consecutive days but they had run out. Otherwise, fine.

We were provided with a free Handy mobile which we could take out with us and even use to phone friends and family back home. It provided info and wifi. Spacious rooms. We were given adjoining rooms as asked for.

Room is clean
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No minibar / fridge inside the room U pay for the parking even if u stay in the hotel which is not logic - Rooms are a bit small for the price paid .

Room is clean Staff are friendly

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

convenient hotel near Schiphol Airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

in my 1st room no Internet working. The hotel gave me at once another room on the same level, where Internet worked perfectly.

the vicinity to Schiphol airport and the free shuttle service both ways

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Spent 2 nights here recently.

Spent 2 nights here recently. Was great. Had indoor pool, but we didn't have a chance to enjoy it. Hotel shuttle available from and to the airport. Uber to museum center is about 15 EU. Overall pretty happy.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

It was ok. Wouldn’t recommend it.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Internet didn’t work in the room which made it hard to plan days out/book more of our trip. The restaurant service was horrible. Food was great but our lunch took over 2 hours - server didn’t seem to want anything to do with guests. I had to go to the bar every time I needed something and it seemed like it was an inconvenience that we were there. Tried out the pool, the steam room was flooded - over an inch of water covering the whole floor - not at all sanitary. No towels provided, had to get ones from our hotel room. One of the 2 elevators didn’t work many days, I got stuck/brought to different floors almost daily. Were told we would be offered a credit every time we skipped having our room serviced. This happened only once in 6 days. The shower had no curtain so the floor was constantly covered in water. We were on our honeymoon which was in the reservation notes and mentioned at check in and not even a congratulations was given. Staff didn’t seem to care about their guests.

The room was clean and bed was comfy. Plus the free shuttle was a bonus.

This property is close to the airport and perfect for those...
    • Comfort Triple Room

Getting your luggage in and out of the hotel can be a bit of a challenge as there was no visible ramp and you had to go up a flight of stairs to get to the door. This also makes it difficult for those who have mobility issues. There may be another entrance that is more accessible to those who require it, but it was not immediately evident upon arrival at the hotel. Also, if you are a modest person, take note, the bathrooms have a full, frosted glass door.

This property is close to the airport and perfect for those who need to be in close proximity of Schiphol. The airport shuttle was very reliable. The restaurant's lunch/dinner menu had a variety of items to chose from, and while we didn't purchase the breakfast, the buffet looked like it offered a good selection of breakfast items. The restaurant is open until 10 p.m., the bar until midnight and the pool until 10:30 p.m. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Very comfy bed, lovely hotel, nice they did a free shuttle...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Just be careful about the bus, they do one to the city centre and I nearly got on that bus

Very comfy bed, lovely hotel, nice they did a free shuttle bus, very friendly staff

Browse Ramada Amsterdam Airport Schiphol traveller photo gallery