Reviews of Amsterdam Marriott Hotel 5 stars

Stadhouderskade 12, Oud-West, 1054 ES Amsterdam, Netherlands

#166 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

5.7

Nice stay ... but could have been better
    • Deluxe Room

The Concierge service needs to be improved. We were given incorrect information 3 times - twice when we asked about a church service nearby and one in relation to a dinner reservation we requested. They did apologize for the mistake in the dinner reservation but this is not something I expected from a Marriott.

The hotel is located in a very central location making it easy to access the various tourist attractions.

Very pleasant stay
    • Family Room

Breakfast was very good. We liked the location a lot. It was close to Vondel Park which was excellent. Public Transportation was yet another added advantage.

Overall we were very happy with the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay

The hotel could do with better facilities for people with a late flight home. After our final day touring the city, we had to use the shower and changing room in the hotel gym. To get there we had to carry our cases down stairs, through the gym, and open them on the floor of the changing room. Luckily none of the gym users needed to get changed as they would have had to navigate around our cases and try to find space to get changed! A courtesy room with a shower would be really helpful.

The hotel is in an excellent location with a tram stop just across the road which takes you into the centre. The staff were all very welcoming and helpful. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. We did not have breakfast at the hotel however some of our party had lunch and cocktails in the bar one day and were very complimentary about the quality of the meal.

Location and renovated rooms
    • Family Room

The check-in experience. Very rude and unfriendly. The receptionist asked me for all 4 passports for the 1 room we had reserved. When I said I do not have the passport of my little daughter, she replied "but I need it", and she insisted on it, although they had never mentioned this during the reservation. I became very upset and then they said their request was due to the US security measures they need to follow!

Location and renovated rooms

Ruined a great weekend

The staff at reception.

Overcharged us on several items the staff harassed us for money for breakfast we eat That we charged to our room even though they took a holding deposit from us at check in and then at checkout tried to keep the deposit after a dispute they did apologise and give it back, overall a very bad stay and definitely would not go back.

Expensive hotel with no complimentary wi-fi or water bottle. Expensive breakfast.
    • Family Room

Room size too small for two double beds and a stay of 4. They refuse to provide even a toaster and micro-wave as they could be fire hazards (one fails to understand why a tea-maker or kettle or steam press could not be fire-hazards). Very expensive breakfast (30 euros per day per person). Not a single complimentary water bottle. Wi-fi is chargeable separately. Very expensive room stay and not value for money at all

Good location and courteous staff

Great Location, close to the city center and attractions.
    • Deluxe Room

The deposit they ask in the front desk they still didn´t refund me. Check in and check out too busy and too much confusion there.

Great Location, close to the city center and attractions. Bed and Pillows are fantastic, nice to rest!

Visiting Amsterdam with family.
    • Deluxe Room

The price of breakfast and there wasn't a coffee machine in the room. The minibar is well stocked and tea was available but no coffee.

The hotel is in a great location and the staff were excellent. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean.

Good location, rooms ok, could do better on food and how they organise.
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast was quite a disappointment - big queue to get in, only one lady on it, who was painfully slow (2 days running I gave up because I didn’t have time to wait that long), and then once in, everything had been there a long time and gave every impression of not being very high end in the first place. The shoddy breakfast experience is why I didn’t bother trying the restaurant or bar in the evening.

Parking went very well and all the guys involved were very helpful.

We had a plan how and what to do in Amsterdam, it worked out well. Even the weather was fantastic.
    • Family Room

The room is too small and has no desk, a normal chair and no closet.

The Marritt beds we know and are very good. The room was very minimum, little space for clothing compared to othere Marriott hotels.

Comments to be considered
    • Executive room with Executive lounge access "Free Wifi"

I had booked an Executive room with lounge access in which when i arrived it turned to be a deluxe room compared to booking pictures and when i complained about it they changed me to a room with a view which in fact is the correct one which it should be give in first place with quite more space than first.

Staff were helpful and friendly. Also the location is great and quite near to restaurants, shopping street and tram spots.

Despite the luggage comment, everything was great!
    • Family Room

Delay in sending someone to help with the luggage (considering we have kids, there were plenty of things to carry) so we have to take them down slowly as they never came....

Location, Lounge and foods.
    • Executive room with Executive lounge access "Free Wifi"

Very crowded and reception behavior; The day we have arrived, Marriott Reception told us that our room is not ready yet at 11:30 am. They gave us our key and we started to wait in the lounge with our one year old baby. After 2 hours, the room was still not ready. I was checking the status every hour. And we have waited for an other half an hour and the reception finally told us that it will take some time. They offered to call us by phone when the room is ready. So we have started a city walk with our one year old baby. However, Marriott never called us! I have called the reception @19:30 to learn what is going on and they told us that our room is ready. We have waited all day to check in our room and when we asked why they did not call us, Marriott reception told us about their policies etc. We did not receive a heartwarming excuse. They seemed like their policies are above everything and made us feel like we are just a customer who are very speaking and dissatisfied. p.s. When we finally arrived our room(#1151), It was the coldest room I have ever stayed. Think about our one year old baby..

Location, Lounge and foods..

Great hotel in great location.
    • Family Room

The fact that free internet was not available in the room but only on public area like lobby, restaurant, bar. To be fair I didn’t ask specific information to the receptionist

1) Closeness to museums area and to the public transportation to the city center and to the airport 2) Quality, cleanliness and confort of the room. 3) possibility to have one room for the full family (2 adults and 2 kids)

Not worth the money
    • Family Room

Everything. Dated property and very expensive. Not worth paying eye watering €985 for 3 night stay for 3. Basic amenities were not thought about. Room cleaning was appalling and they did not stock anything for 3 on any day. I needed to call reception repeatedly to ask for things. Storage space was non existent. I can go on. Want to finish by saying that my wife compared this hotel with Basic Travelodge in UK ☹️👎

Just location

This ruined this rating as I had to pay 150 pound extra...
    • Family Room

This ruined this rating as I had to pay 150 pound extra because I payed with debit card only hotel I have ever had to do that with now I am having to wait up to a month for the 150 to be returned as I did not charge anything to the room what a joke

Convenient
    • Deluxe Room

The noisy atmosphere and down my room in the street cars offloading stuff early morning.

Amazing location, staff were really helpful. Especially driver Jeral who took me to the airport and the trip was really exceptional, very friendly and nice chatting. Also, bellman Marcel whose smile is adorable, I was looking for him since I saw his picture on boards inside the hotel. When I found him it was just a copy of what I have seen, a very nice smile on his face and very helpful.

Comfortable hotel that needs a more friendly customer service
    • Deluxe Room

we arrived on the 15th of April afternoon from Athens and brought enough luggage because we have been vacationing in Europe for 19 days, Customer service (woman) who received seemed less pleased, maybe we thought do not pay times and carrying many luggage so it will be inconvenient. whereas the helper officers who helped us all were quick and friendly. We've been staying in various Marriot hotels in various countries, it seems CS who received us this time is less, fortunately others are others with alacrity to help carry our suitcases and others. when Check Out Customer service friendly. unfortunately our good impression of the others is covered by the attitude of CS that we feel cold and unfriendly.

which we liked our room was clean and comfortable, the Helper employee with great sprightness helped us drop off and lift bags including when we checked in, this was very helpful as we had brought many suitcases. around the location there are several restaurants that yumi

Comfortable bed.
    • Family Room

Snacks in room over priced, given wrong information about payment, bedside table very dusty when put magazines and books on knee. For the price of the room we think breakfast should be included.

Comfortable bed.

I did not have comfortable sleep at night because of the light outside my window. It was miserable.
    • Deluxe Room

The tv did not have any channel to watch. Our room was in a good location but the windows were so dirty that you couldnt see outside. The light that was on the outside of our window was very much disturbing at noght. It made the room too bright. You were obligated to close the curtains. Of course you couldnt enjoy the view at night.

Convenient location to park and museums. Centrally located.
    • Family Room

Room could have had better wifi. We asked several months ago to be put into too near our friends but it was not considered. Pillows were a little hard. The bathroom shower leaked thru the barrier. There should be more caulk at bast of barrier where it meets tub so water doesn't end up flooding bathroom floor.

Service was excellent. Most of the restaurant recommendations were very good. Staff was friendly. Coffee was good. Beds comfortable.

We all had a brilliant and extremely comfortable stay.Bringing back beautiful memories of Amsterdam.
    • Family Room

Incredible staff at hotel conceirge desk.Extremely helpful and welcoming.The staff of the hotel was amazing.The icing on the cake is the location of hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel for families travelling with kids.

Nice comfortable hotel in a great location in a beautiful city.
    • Family Room

Felt a little on the expensive side - we went out for breakfast (as we wanted to see as much of the city as we could) but wouldn't have been happy paying €29,95 per person for breakfast in the hotel. Avoid the mini bar!

Great location right next to the Museum district. Staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. Family room was very clean and spacious enough for family of 4 (with teenagers) for a few nights. Beds very comfortable.

Wonderful Easter Stay

No WiFi included.

Everyone really friendly. Had a lovely card & chocolates in our room for birthday & more chocolates delivered to the room on Easter Sunday. Can’t fault the service.

Not a 5 stars hotel by far!
    • Deluxe Room

The hotel is not a 5 stars hotel. Maybe a 4 stars. I booked what is supposed to be a family room, which was small and the bathroom tiny. The breakfast area was also very small for the size of the hotel and it was overcrowded every morning. The lobby of the hotel is also small and the amount of people around was horrendous. It does not deserve the 5 stars designation. It was more for an tourist group hotel type than anything else.

The location of the hotel and the fact that I could accommodate with my husband and children in the same room.

Not going to stay again.
    • Deluxe Room

Bathrooms are too small. Wash basin drain doesn’t go well. Behaviour of Staff in the reception wasn’t Acceptable except the one who checked us in.

Dissapointed and ripped off.
    • Family Room

On arrival we were suprised with a 225 euro incident surcharge which we were never told by the booking.com or by the hotel prior to staying. This was a huge blow to our pot of money and limited the places / attractions that we could visit whilst in amsterdam, not to forget that we were upset after a 3 hour delay and 1 hr walk with suitcases to the airport, to then have to hand over a third of our holiday money. However the staff member was not interested, came across very rude and told me it was common knowledge, however, to me it certainely wasnt! We did not let this spoil our time as we knew it would be refunded — however on check out we were not given the full amount back, even when we were assured we would. We lost out of 45euros due to ‘city tax’ which again we was not told, or feel was fair. We will definately not be staying here again, which is a shame as the room was lovely and location fab, but this let us down and it definately gave me a bad start and end to our first ever trip to Amsterdam.

Room was lovely, view of Amsterdam was lovely and location was great for walking into the attractions etc.

Very good but not great
    • Junior Suite with Executive Lounge Access and Free Wifi

The bed was uncomfortable nothing like a premier inn bed. The bedside tables where they put the menu's and other information was covered in dust and not just a couple of days

Breakfast was very nice and well laid out. Staff were very friendly and polite.

Functional and comfortable, but certainly not charming...
    • Deluxe Room

THE WIFI IS NOT FREE as is stated on the Booking.com site. It is only free if you book certain more expensive rooms, otherwise you need to add €11/day. The billing system is a nightmare: Booking.com charges in advance for the room. The hotel asks for a credit card on which they block €75 upon arrival. That then gets refunded on check out. But, on check out one has to pay the city tax (7%). Drives our accountant nuts...

It's a large modern ugly anonymous hotel, with smallish but comfortable rooms. The bar is pretty horrendous and overpriced, but again, that's usually the case in this type of hotel. But I'd rather stay here than a quaint old place with bad heating, cold water and a lumpy bed as is the case with most of the hotels in Amsterdam.

It was ok, but over priced for what was offered
    • Family Room

The price we paid over the course of 3 days was very disappointing when breakfast was not included the hotel wanted an extra 29 euros when we paid 325 euros for the first night alone! we had a family room which only consist of two double beds, there was no lounge area and a wardrobe which you would get in a single room let alone for 4 people, the bathroom was very small the toilet and shower was broken and this was considered a family room. The hotel food price was overpriced for the quality of the food. the hotel was very clean I would stay again but it was not value for the money we was charged.

The hotel is located in a nice location, close to shops and restaurants, the staff I came across in the bar area was friendly and providing us with information on where we could find decent restaurants locally,

Great place felt safe and very welcomed
    • Family Room

Was all taxi rides to main bars

The beds were extremely comfortable, great size room, was four adults and loads of space! Staff in hotel were very accommodating

Girls weekend away
    • Family Room

An early knock on the day of check out around 7/8am that was not requested with the city tax bill. Check out ended at 12midday so I did not mind the second knock at 10:30am to remind us about checking out as that gave us adequate time to get ready if the case had been that we had not woken up so that service was appreciated even though not asked for. The city tax bill should have been sent with the knock at 10:30am.

Family room containing 2 queen size beds to accomodate 4 adults. Great size room and bathroom didnt feel like we were tripping over one another. The location was perfect, near to a cinema, banks/currency exchange, resturants, clubs, and one direct bus from Schipol airport 397 with only cost €5 one way and stops outside the hotel! Met by friendly helpful and informative staff that spoke various languages to meet communication needs. Very well run clean relaxing hotel to stay in I would definitely use it again.

Great location, lovely Hotel with great facilities
    • Deluxe Room

The price of the contents of the mini bar are expensive. €6.50 for a small bottle of water. The Hotel tried to charge me for using the mini bar which I did not use.

Nice room with great view

Great stay with a +15 people party. Spacious and privacy was respected. Calm area.
    • Family Room

Marriott was able to accommodate our party of 18 people. Rooms were very spacious with comfortable beds. Some of them had a great view of the main street around the hotel too. The bathroom was comfortable and clean towels abundant.

Close to museums and far enough from night crowd in the...
    • Family Room

Never understood the size of American beds. Too narrow for a couple and too big for one person. If you have a kid then one of adults sleeps with him or you need a third bed

Close to museums and far enough from night crowd in the center but quite near to walk there. Very calm place in Amsterdam. Good restaurant and bar downstairs

Good
    • Deluxe Room

Bathroom was not very clean and some towels and bathrobe were torn.

It was really good although for a 5 stars hotel i was waiting for more careful in cleaning and add ons like bathrobe and towels. There were some that were torn. Excellent location and very nice staff.

Excellent think city tax should of been taken or explained better when booking

How when I booked with booking.com confirmation email said including 5% city tax but on our last morning we all got a invoice through the door with a 6% city tax on . It wasn't made clear that the cost from booking.com was included in the cost but they don't actually take it until you check out because it was a large group it was very confusing

I was was booking for a large group and when I booked I just choose 4 people names for 4 rooms at random. it was made difficult that the person I named had to be in that room and we need there passports to check in some of the girls passport was in their maiden name and room was booked in their married names . This system could be made easier. With it being a large group some girls didn't know each other .

Enjoyable, well located hotel, great breakfast.
    • Family Room

Connecting room, with noisy people next door, the fact that we had 3 people booked in, but only had enough cups for 2 people. Minor things but expext 5* if advertising it.

Fabulous hotel with fabulous staff in a fabulous city
    • Family Room

Couldn’t say anything bad about this hotel. We were really welcomed and made feel at home straight away.

Malak the receptionist who was on the night we arrived at the hotel was such a lovely person. He was so nice friendly and professional. He’s a real asset to the hotel. He looked after us so well and he was so lovely to my children. He looked very smart in his suit.

Very good location.
    • Family Room

The heater was not working. Asked reception to send someone to help. They never showed. The beds were not very comfortable

The staff were friendly and available to answer questions. It was clean and very good in terms of location

Great location. But not great valaue for money.
    • Deluxe Room

Breakfast. Not very enjoyable even though the lay out looked amazing but food was cold and hard.

Breakfast was not great. I had a full breakfast and it was cold and not very nice. I had a deposit of €150.00 taken from me along with full balance and have emailed the property 48 hours after departure as it still has not been returned to my card. No response or follow up has been given to me as yet.

Amazing hotel, will definitely come back again soon
    • Family Room

Concierge was a little slow when asked to bring something to the room.

The decor was amazing and I liked friendliness of the staff. The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to many attractions.

Really nice family room with two double beds, clean and good...
    • Family Room

The heating/air con machine broke on our last night making an extremely loud and irritating clicking noise. As we stayed in January the room was then very cold

Really nice family room with two double beds, clean and good staff.

Got better value for money in Paddington, London.
    • Family Room

There was only one small shelf on which to place our suitcase, but it had another shelf above it so we couldn't leave the suitcase open. Officially there is no free wifi in the room, but we managed to use the lobby's wifi in our room. Also, the only way to get the room temperature below the standard 22 degrees Celsius, so you can sleep under the duvets, is to ask reception to set your desired temperature.

The hotel is in a great location. Just one thing to watch if you arrive by tram: it drops you at one end of a traffic island and you will be tempted to head straight to the hotel, but the only safe pedestrian crossing off the traffic island is all the way on the opposite side.

At good location.
    • Family Room

Room was very nice and large enough for 3 person but awardrobe would be nice. Only part of the breakfast we didn't like was the tea.

At good location. Nice & large room, good breakfast.

Nice big beds that were very comfortable.

I stayed with a big group (18 of us).There were 4 people in each room.On check in I was told that only one breakfast for one person would be available for each room.I booked via booking.com where it said that breakfast was included! I explained this and The hotel were accommodating and on this occasion said they would let all guests have breakfast.I suggested they speak to booking.com as it is very misleading and clearly states breakfast included. I was also charged an additional 220 euro city tax.Again on booking it states that all taxes are included so this was an unexpected expense for everybody. It would be easier and less stressful if the total charged on booking was the total to be paid and no additional charges were added on arrival!Then on checkout each room had a bill posted through the door and some rooms were charged for the breakfast!So we had to go to reception and explain the situation again to get the charges removed.Very inconvenient when you just want to enjoy a weekend away!

Nice big beds that were very comfortable.The hotel was nice and clean and the breakfast was lovely!

Great staff very friendly, the reception people concierge,...

No free wifi in room

Great staff very friendly, the reception people concierge, luggage's people are smiling and helpful at all time. Great room dine in food. Perfect location.

The best hotel experience of my life!
    • Executive room with Executive lounge access "Free Wifi"

I can honestly say there was nothing to dislike! Okay would have wanted to stay longer and would love to go back and stay again! Dream hotel that dreams are made of!

The room was beautiful, large, clean, fantastic view, comfortable bed, great staff, wonderful facilities, luxurious, fresh, modern, friendly, central, lots of restaurants and places of interest on the doorstep, the food was delicious as was the wine! My list could go on and on and on! Truly a wonderful hotel!

Very good hotel at the heart of the city
    • Family Room

Could add USB or european power outlets at bedside for convenience for digital travellers

Great location, solid quality of room, lounge and restaurant, and very friendly service Good Marriott standard, nice buffet, international staff, good for families. Vondelpark, canals, Restaurants, bars, PC Hoofdstraat and pedestrian area near Leidseplein at your doorstep as well as public transport. Shuttle from/to Schiphol

Superb
    • Family Room

The staff has no knowledge about cafe with view. So i suggest the staff may have pre list of halal resturants serves good food and artistian cafe for coffee and cake.

The bar/restaurant was a wonderful evening resting place...

The hot water faucet was difficult to control.

The bar/restaurant was a wonderful evening resting place for us to gather and warm our toes. With a cozy, warm fire and drinks, the idea of braving the wind and rain outside became much less appealing.

Great stay, would definitely return!
    • Family Room

There wasn't a proper wardrobe to hang our belongings but this didn't cause a huge problem it just would have been preferred.

The service was great from the moment we walked in until the moment we left. Location was perfect and we found it very easy to get around using transport right outside. Room was a good size and very clean. Had all amenities needed. Check out time was perfect and worked well for us. Would definitely return.

Excellent location.
    • Family Room

We had a triple room but were given towels & tea bags for 2 not 3 people. Minor issue. Everything else was great.

Excellent location. Comfortable & clean.

Poor service!
    • Family Room

The customer service was appalling. I work in the hotel industry and my check in experience was very impersonal I was not told what my rate included where anything was it was simply you need to pay this and here is your key. Check out was even worse I waited 30 mins to check out of my room !!!!! Although there were staff around no one was managing the situation correctly they were checking people in and did not have a separate que for check out isn’t there a reason why the times are separate ?. When I got to the desk after waiting the receptionist told me to go and sit down for 15 mins until my mini bar was checked! I was appalled that after standing in a que this long I was told to wait longer. My day of sightseeing was affected I had to cut one of my things out as it was out last day. For a 5 star property I was extremely disappointed.

The room was clean tidy and spacious

Beds are amazing!
    • Family Room

I cannot understand why a chain as Marriott does not offer free Wifi at the rooms (just at the lobby). I assume they want you to join their loyalty program to get it, but, c'mon! Marriott rooms are not cheap and Wifi is a must that should be included in price.

Beds are amazing!!!

Great location, bit tired, nice breakfast.
    • Family Room

The rooms are pretty dated. The window had condensation dripping from it everyday, creating a musky smell. We were there for 6 nights and I really didn't look forward to going back everynight, as you would a really nice hotel. The rug was really dirty and needed replacing. The beds were ok. The bathroom was ok.

The location was excellent. The breakfast was lovely.

Overall satisfied with the stay
    • Family Room

Wifi connection is free when you become a member, quite complicated. Usually only enter room number and last name.

The room is clean, cozy and close to city center

Pleasant Stay
    • Family Room

We enjoyed our stay at the Marriott the staff were really helpful and the location was perfect. We stayed in the family room it was very spacious and the shower was amazing. The metro was less than a 5 minute walk so we could get around easily. There were lots of restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance.

Nothing really!
    • Family Room

When we booked online, i was not told about a deposit! The staff were rude when i mentioned that i wasnt made aware of about the deposit when booking. Also the location isn't great. There was mould in the bathroom. Carpet in the corridor had stains

Nothing really!

Fantastic stay, in a fantastic place. Hotel was lovely. Staff great. Would recommend it.
    • Family Room

Price of the buffet breakfast was too expensive.

Fantastic view of the New Year's Eve firework display on the 9th floor. Beds cosy. Fabulous pillows. Clean. Good minibar. Great location. Complimentary bottle of Fizz was very much appreciated on New Year's Eve too.

My family and I were very happy with our stay at the Marriot Amsterdam...
    • Family Room

More still water freely available

The beds and linen were comfy, the service at the hotel was excellent and staff was very welcoming. Central location, close to all amenities but still peaceful. Hotel was clean and belongings were safe when we left for the day.

Excellent, will definitely book the Marriott again.
    • Family Room

The beds were very comfy and the room was a good size, accommodating four adults very comfortably. We had a room with a view, looking on to Leidesplein and the canal.

Almost perfect hotel, don't sleep-in too late!
    • Deluxe Room

The only issue I took was that the turn-down staff were knocking on doors rather early, although I am a little bit of a late sleeper and they did include privacy door-hangers, which I did not use so you could say that's not necessarily their fault.

After a lovely walk through the city from Central Station, we were greeted with this lovely hotel! Location was perfect, hadn't realised its' close proximity to Leidseplein, Vondelpark, Heineken Experience and the Museum Quarter. Hotel was impeccably clean and although we didn't try the onsite restaurant and bar, it looked lovely. Staff could speak multiple languages very well also!

Well run, clean hotel, in good location
    • Executive room with Executive lounge access "Free Wifi"

We booked a room and got access to the executive lounge, it was a great set up, breakfast in the morning and at night there was snacks laid on and drinks which were most welcome. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the hotel is in an ideal location and the rooms were comfortable, our view wasn't the best but it was still a nice enough room. The maids kept the rooms to a very high standard.

Super location, very clean and comforting, friendly staff
    • Family Room

They messed up our refund from the deposit at check-in

The beds were very comfy, rooms kept clean, free bottle of champagne on New years eve. Bar food was delicious.

Probably not worth the effort or price
    • Family Room

Frankly for the price and reputation of Marriott this branch is not worth it. Housekeeping was not great. Each day pf our stay they managed to f*** up one part of their job, from leaving the beds unmade and not taking the rubbish, not giving us towels and leaving their rubbish in our bathroom. We had random bottles of water left each day of our stay that was not ours.

Location near Leidseplein snd Museumsplein is great. Good access to public transport. Breakfast was alright.

Great hotel, with good service and helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Room

The service was great. The staff was very helpful and polite. Really great room and roomservice. Got a bottle of champagne for free on new years eve, which we didnt expect at all. Easy to move round in the area, not far away from public transport.

Good room size and good location within Museum Quarter.
    • Family Room

Shower unit was not secure and water flooded bathroom floor every time it was used. Breakfast should hsve been included in our Family Room rate.

Mid Town Grill was excellent in terms of food quality and service.

Would totally recommend!
    • Family Room

Did not get the room I booked, but was more than compensated for it.

Really helpful and friendly staff. Everything was walking distance, but we also had trams and buses we could use when it was raining.

Indulge at Marriott?
    • Family Room

The pillows were substandard very flat and the thermostat was adjustable at the interface but worked very rarely (sweating on two nights) for my entire family and i who all had no good nights sleep. My family and I have received a good nights sleep at other less prestigious hotels over the world in our travels, This was the last leg our our month long family holiday and wanted something special to indulge in over our Xmas break away from our loved ones, which is why we chose the Marriott. Sadly it was not quite there for a stand out magical Xmas. I now question why I needed to stretch my family budget for the Marriott?

The Marriott in every other topic than below in this review, is a a what its name upholds - excellence. The staff were warm and welcome and always eager to help. The position for us was ideal - close to everything we wanted to see, but not too close with the crowds increasing on Boxing day. My teenage son complained about the daily cleaners moving and reorganizing his clothes thrown all over the ground to a folded up organised lot on his bed - thank you!

Good access to amenities but poor service for the class of hotel
    • Family Room

Rooms not 're stocked had to ask for t bags toilet rolls coffee and milk Very surly staff member brought milk Four in our room and only enough tioletteries etc for two My daughter's make up was list in the baggage room she reported it this it was found then lost again by staff completely unacceptable

Very clean smart central hotel Quiet room Good gym Most staff helpful and friendly

The staff members were very friendly and helpful, especially...
    • Executive room with Executive lounge access "Free Wifi"

There was a problem regarding the room rate regarding the included breakfast issue. However, it was resolved. I think there was some miscommunication between Marriot and booking.com.

The staff members were very friendly and helpful, especially Moufida at the reception desk.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and I would choose the same again.
    • Family Room

There was some leakage in the bathroom whenever we were having showers and if a family to had 2 teenage kids over 14, then the room would have been a bit crowded.

The croissants were delicious, the staff extra helpful and accommodating and the location extremely convenient esp. for a family that needs to have easy access to places.

Great hotel
    • Family Room

Little expensive than other hotels.

Very close to the center, clean, comfortable, all employer are very helpful and have smiling face. Breakfast was so rich.

Cosy hotel in good location woth great breakfast buffet.
    • Family Room

Concierge was not super helpful when I asked for directions around the city.

The breakfast was amazing, so many options... fresh bread and cheese, waffles and omelettes to order. The staff gave both my kids gifts on arrival and provided baby toiletries with the crib. A really lovely and thoughtful touch.