Reviews of Anno

5.9

5.9

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Place, ambient

Anno is having night club, which almost run till morning with heavy music, means, people can't sleep in the room as the rooms are on top to the dance floor.

Place, ambient

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Nightclub was so loud!

Nightclub was so loud! Beyond words. Went on until 5:15am one night and it’s on same level as rooms. Rusty kettle in room, tv wouldn’t work, no fridge, bedding wasn’t changed, bathroom was dark. Fine location, but awful room, and experience.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Maybe a place to stay if you want to party but not if you have any intention of getting some sleep.

The main problem was the noise. I have never stayed in a hotel with so much noise. Disco closed at 4-5 am. The staff was not very helpfull.

Booking a room in what turns out to be nightclub was probably not a smart move. It was disco all night long just below my room. Maybe a good place to stay if you plan to join the party but not if you are there to race a triathlon.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Great location, basic accommodation, lovely staff

Rooms smell like a the bar downstairs. Breakfast basic no hot food. cobwebs behind the bed. Should invest in sound proofing the rooms although we slept would have been nicer without the sound. Hotel a bit hostel like.

beds very comfy, staff very nice

A lot of noise at night and during the night, Everything else disappointing and everywhere needed to be thoroughly cleaned.

Great location, friendly staff and fast WiFi.

The stuff is friendly and helpful but the facility is old...

The stuff is friendly and helpful but the facility is old and not maintained. It was the DJ night at the bar until 4 oclock in the morning, we could not sleep.

I could not recommend you to stay here at weekend if you need a rest.

I stayed here one night. Unfortunately it was a night with discoteka. I could not sleep until 5am due to a terrible noise. Also the room was dirty from the previous guests. I had to go back again to reception through the dancing hall with my suitcase to request to change the room. They gave me another room but it was without shampoo and with very small soap piece. I was very glad on the morning when left this hotel.

Really good, avoid weekends
    • Double Room with Bath

We were aware of the fact that on the weekends, Anno works as a nightclub as well. We were preveiosly warned about the loud music. Did not expect to be that loud, though. So, if you are planning on staying during weekends, you must sleep reeallly tight or you might as well join the party.

Clean rooms, comfy beds, near train station fair breakfast

Huge room with great clean bathroom.

The hotel is right above the night club. Fri and Sat nights are discos from 11pm to 4am. No sleep guaranteed. For other weekdays - great place to stay.

Huge room with great clean bathroom. Just a great room for the money. Location - 5 mins from Almere Centraal train station.

Good location - not far from the train station.

Extremely loud until 4am. Not possible to sleep. It’s literally club with rooms on the top of it. Definitely not worth the money which you have to pay. Breakfast very poor.

Good location - not far from the train station. Just between the bars.

One to avoid unless you love Disco's
    • Double Room with Bath

Hotel info does not mention a Disco on Friday and Saturday nights which does not finish until 4 am in the morning. Its so load you cannot sleep. When room was serviced each morning, cups used the day before were not cleared. Requests to replace tea, coffee and creamers, were ignored. If asked they will prove ear plugs!!

Location and ease of access to the train and bus connections

Hotel suitable for short stay

The hotel rooms are located just upstairs of the restaurant-club. If you are looking for the quit location -definitely is not a case. Having read in advance in the comments, we were ready for that would be noisy on Saturday night, but not to such an extent! Room cleaning leaves much to be desired - candy wrappers under the curtains , cigarette butts on the balcony.

The room was big enough. The mattress on the bad was very comfortable.

1. Very bad experience !

1. Very bad experience ! Noisy at night ! Downstairs are the barn make very noise in the night until 5am 2. Hotel never give invoice to visitor , I ask two times , first time they said give me in email ,because printer is broken but I don’t receive any email from them, so in the morning I ask the old guy to send email again for me, he don’t speak English , just said no problem ,10am send to me , 3 days past until today I still not get any email from the hotel for the invoice! 3. When I check out in the morning the reception guy don’t know how to return my deposit by using credit card machine. Very easy thing but they don’t know how to do 4. This hotel reception is very terrible! If I visit Amsterdam i will never live in this place again!

Pro: Close to the station. Con: Very loud music

If you're there on a Friday or Saturday night, don't expect to get any sleep until 4 am. I'm not even sensitive to sounds and can sleep through most anything; this however, was an exception.

It's very close to the train station which makes it really easy to get to Amsterdam, and much cheaper than staying in Amsterdam. Don't expect any luxury, but it's perfectly fine place to stay if it's not on a weekend (when the music from the club downstairs is way too load).

place to sleep and go only,

table are out of date and had inflation bath towel is too small that is for 10 year kids not adult at all no bottle of water as any other hotels provide telephone wire was not connected windows cur-tens are not preventing light breakfast is, NO Comments roof light is about to fail down nothing in bathroom such as tooth past, shaving reaser, etc

location is good, even though bit noise early morning lots of shops around and close to train station

As we were a young group it was perfect having a bar right...

When booking online it said the only had twin rooms but our one room was actually enough for 4 people. Being so we could have saved the money of one intire extra room that was just for one extra person in the end.

As we were a young group it was perfect having a bar right downstairs. Very clean and really nice staff!

Hotel is not worth but if you don't have any option then you can stay

The hotel is ok ok... Rooms are very simple ..No toiletries.. no microwave... No fridge.. mattress is no good.. not worth to €75

Near to railway station almere centrum and main market

Grim and it will not happen again

Almost everything but the location

The property was very tired and warn and everything seemed too much effort for the staff, totally out of character with most hotels in the Netherlands

Terribe accomodation

Loud music till morning so I could not sleep at all. I asked them a quiet room !!!!! The fan was working all the time with annoying sound , I complained about it and asked to turn it off but it was still working during my stay . I had a terrible accomodation . The breakfast was ready too late .

Terrible, anno steals your money

You guys charged me the deposit twice and failed to return the payments, I have notified my bank so I will be getting my money back. This is disgusting

Nothing after you guys stole my money

Not OK to stay at this hotel when the night club is scheduled.

We arrived at a Friday evening late (22.30 hrs). The receptionist alerted us that there might be some noise as on Friday the night club is open until 4 AM. This warning is also visible on booking .com but largely understated. They advised us to use if needed ear props with us and so we did. At 23.00 hrs the music volume increased at it appeared we were sleeping above to the disk jockey sound system. The noise level made it impossible to get asleep (and we can handle some noise, we are not too difficult on that topic). Summarized: when there is a night club event scheduled on a certain day in the week, that night the hotel should make rooms for hire public. The noise of the nightclub in our room is terrible. No attempts has been made from a construction point of view to reduce the loud sounds from various large loudspeakers.

One of the staff was unbelievably rude.

One of the staff was unbelievably rude. I have never experienced such behaviour before. He even immitated me once I was asking why he is so rude to me. On what ground is that possible to receive such reception when you actually pay for the few hours you want to stay at a hotel and relax. I left the hotel while I was wishing I should have returned home commuting two hours each way instead of spending the night there to catch my early morning meeting. He was treating me as if they did me a favour to let me stay in the hotel.

Would go again!

Unfortunately we didn't sleep that great because the mattress wasn't very supportive. Bit of a hassle and nuisance at check in and check out. But the staff were very helpful and nice!!

Great location, wish we could have stayed longer! Great sized room, great amenities, great restaurant.

Helpfull staff, central location, good breakfast but noisy on weekends

It would have been nice to have been given the free WiFi password without asking (in the end I never got around to asking, and so didn't use the WiFi)

Helpful staff Good breakfast Central location But noisy, the disco is open until 4AM on Friday and Saturday nights, and on the Sunday I stayed there there was an event on the Market Square that was even louder. During the week it is quieter. The room I stayed in was basic, though the bathroom was oversized (particularly compared to the tiny room)

Very basic accommodation.

Room not cleaned for 2 days. The bathroom light above sink not working, even though reported it was not fixed. Kettle on table with nowhere to plug it in and actually use. When informed to reception, they set up the kettle on the floor under a table. Needless to say that I never used it. When it rained, the way the water fell from the room outside the window was noisy and kept you awake. Rooms need a deep clean and re-painting. A bit of pride would not go amiss!,

Nice staff.

As a hotel its great, good beds, nice room, good part of...

Its basically a club on weekends. We knew it was when booking and they did put us on the 3rd floor, but it doesnt make a blind bit of difference. Friday and Saturdays are two nights u will not get any sleep until 4am! Does a club really need to be THAT loud?? I have slept at other hotels/hostels with bard and clubs and have never had that level of noise, the DJ was basically in our room it was that loud. Really should reduce the price those nights as €75 is very expensive for a very bad nights sleep!! Unless u are partying. Should really be a club with room rentals not a hotel. Or not rent rooms on those two days unless you are a clubber. Awful.

As a hotel its great, good beds, nice room, good part of town not far from Amsterdam or the station and direct train links to airport.

If you like loud club music til deep in the night, this is the place to stay.

Area is noisy. During the weekends the disco in the hotel is very loud and lasts till 5:00 AM. If you want some sleep, find another hotel. It smells like smoke in the hallways. Apparently, the non-smoking policy is not being enforced.

Breakfast is included and very acceptable. Coffee is very good.

served the purpose of,our visit.

Breakfast choice was poor, second day no yoghurts or croissants available, asked for a non feather pillow and was told no spare pillows available -luckily one of our party in another room had one so was able to swap.

Staff helpful in booking taxi for the funeral we were attending.

Good location, nice staff very noisy on weekends

Bathroom!

Very basic bread breakfast. Beds had two different colour duvets. Bathroom very small, only soap in the shower, nothing at the wash basin. But in such a good location, that that was the least of our worries! Lovely restaurants in every direction and a buzzing shopping experience!

The very central position.

The very negative aspect is the breakfast, which is not sufficient at all!

The very central position. The comfortable bar-restaurant. The sufficient kindness of the staff. The excellent relation between price and quality.

there's a 100 euros deposit that I didn't know about!
    • Double Room with Bath

there's a 100 euros deposit that I didn't know about! just inconvenient. Also the lights in the room were very dim and our room had no aircon so was very warm.

Hotel with a club vibe!

Ideal for night owls & if you like alfresco dining with a moderately lively atmosphere during the week. Room was large for the price. Self service breakfast is good, you can make your own combinations of toasted sandwiches too. Excellent coffee is served by the staff to your breakfast table. Staff here are friendly & very attentive & provide a good level of service. I also enjoyed the food from the menu which is great value for money. The bonus is that the staff also know how to make a great cocktail too!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Hotel from hell, or kinda close

Maybe I was a tad naïve, it said that the hotel is in a connection to a night club. When I arrived the guy behind the reception said that there can be a little noise and Friday and Saturday the nightclub is open. He was not kidding. It was going on until between 4-5 in the morning and it was more than a little noise, the headboard and lamp was shaking and the reception is not attended at night so nowhere to complain. Ok, one night is ok I was thinking, well it was open Sunday to Monday as well. I asked for a smoke free room and there was signs that the room was smoke free however there was ashtrays and it smelled of old smoke beaten into the wall paper. The breakfast was not the best but ok, it was “just” to order coffee or tea. I ordered 3 times but no coffee. Second morning, no one to order coffee from, not that it even mattered. However I got the pleasure of seeing the trash bins being taken out and the manage to pass the only table where someone was sitting, me one row away from the breakfast buffet. My advice if never stay at the hotel unless you want to sleep after 5 in the morning. Worst stay ever.

yogurt was ok

Inexpensive hotel for young people

The hotel includes a bar underneath. During our stay, it was open until 4 or 5 am, so it was pretty loud when we were trying to sleep.

The property was walking distance from the train station and relatively inexpensive compared to staying in Amsterdam. Breakfast was included, which was great!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Hotel is situated at a great location
    • Double Room with Bath

You can't go to sleep on the Friday night and Saturday night untill after 4.00 am . The noice of the Disco is too loud

The location of the hotel is perfect

Like it

We had a problem with our door key, it didn't open. The staff did a good job and changed the door lock quickly. Management offers us free drinks while waiting at the hotel restaurant. Not great if you're looking for a good night's sleep on weekends, loud music. No hair dryer provided in the hotel but if you ask they will give you one.

Breakfast included and it was good. Good location, the hotel is placed in the center of Almere near of the City mall and the station. Friendly staff. Clean room with a balcony and comfy bed. You can go dance at the disco on weekends.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Anno Hotel 25 Mints by train from Amsterdam

Wet toilet and on checking they request a security deposit of Euro 100.00 to release the keys.some guest may not have this...it should be advertised ...

Relaxing area...helpful and polite staff..decent breakfast,Friday Saturday ground floor bar and restaurants area convert to a night club....could be very loud at night... Security ?

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

4.0
    Close to train station.

Friday and Saturday night club in that hotel until 4 am. It's so noisy, like you have night club in your room. Impossible to sleep. Dirty floors in a rooms. No good reception.

Close to train station.

Great location, friendly staff and breakfast ok.

Room outdated. Free WiFi, but no wifi password. Had to go to the reception for that. No telephone to call to the reception. You can hear everything going on in the rooms next to you and above. Found lost tv remote between the matrasses.

Great location, friendly staff and breakfast ok. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

The hotel which could be used just one time.

There were just one electrical socket in the room. Light bulbs are so economical that it is not even possibol to work at such light. For a warm water you should wait for a while. Shelf next to the sink is to wide, all the time you have to watch out not to hit the head when you wash your face. Breakfest menu all days was the same at the end of the week it looked that it is bought for a week, and some products already were gonne.

The hotel is placed in the center of Almere in that reason it possible to reach all markets, shops, train and buss station.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

internet was good

hotel is in same location as restaurant and dancing. On market with lost of people talking outside. Zero sound isolation. Impossible to sleep

internet was good

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Rooms were good but breakfast was not at all up to mark. Moreover care must be taken to up keep clea

Cleanliness need to be improved. Changing toiletries.upholestry need more attention and proper care

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

I like the room and the small balcony

The noise from the club couldn’t let me sleep till 4 am

I like the room and the small balcony

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Very bad attitude nd very bad breakfast

Bad attitude nd bad breakfast

Nothing bad attitude nd very bad breakfast

Staff is kind and hospitality

Staff is kind and hospitality

The breakfast was good.
    • Double Room with Bath

There was no parking space for cars and you have to pay which was expensive for three days

The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Good Cleanliness

No air conditioning

Good Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Hotel in City center, near Trainstation.

Too high a price for such a place. Wifi terrible. Breakfast was poor.

Hotel in City center, near Trainstation. And that's all good things.

Good

You can not sleep before 4.

You can not sleep before 4.00am becsuse of club timing

best ok

de party tot 4 uur s'morgens

alles was best ok

good location

weekend after party nois on the street below

bed littel comfi

Good location, nice staff.

Too loud :( During the weekend it was impossible to sleep almost all night :(

Good location, nice staff.

Anno is a great budget hotel. I'll be back!

The drunks singing in the street at 2.00am

Great breakfast, good spacious rooms.

Everything would definitely recommend it and will stay again...

No safe in the room

Everything would definitely recommend it and will stay again very central to everything and loads to see and do in the area

Nice location, near railway station and restaurants. Confy bed !

Nice place to stay during weekdays

The lift and the pathway to the rooms are so small

Location of the property

Ok

Location n large room

Marvelous place to stay
    • Double Room with Bath

There wasn't really anything i did not like

Marvelous place to stay. Everything was basicaly a nr. 8.5

Poor hotel.

Poor room, worn and torn objects in the room.

Location and party

Noisy till 4 am

Location and party

it was nice would stay again

that we didnt have an iron

the free breakfast was a nice touch and the bed was very comfy also the room was nice and the staff were friendly

Don't stay unless your under 22

Stinks of smoke everywhere. Very noisy. Bed was like marshmallows.

Location and staff

Hotel is just above a bar and it gets very very very loud...

Hotel is just above a bar and it gets very very very loud during the night because the bar gets converted to a disco.

Good location horrible pillows

the pillows were horrible

the location

NOT a family Hotel , NOT clean
    • Double Room with Bath

Nothing , everything was very bad, according to rhe Price , No recommendation for couples pr families , or to anyone

Hotel and the system is few decades old, for example you...

Hotel and the system is few decades old, for example you need to carry two keys with a wooden holder....

Edita

Near to the train station and restaurants

Breakfast, staff and location are excellent

Breakfast, staff and location are excellent

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

In Center, spacy rooms

To loud

In Center, spacy rooms

Nice location,clean,but some very ignorant members of staff
    • Double Room with Bath

Being asked for 50 cent each time you used the bathroom despite being a resident!

Location was good and hotel was clean

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

various types of choice for breakfast

various types of choice for breakfast

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Breakfast was really good compared to other places we have...

Breakfast was really good compared to other places we have stayed

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

Excellent location, short walk from Station.

Real noisy on party nights. Avoid weekends unless you plan to stay up till 2-3am.

Excellent location, short walk from Station. Very friendly staff in the morning. Nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

Great location, in the heart of the city of Almera great...

Great location, in the heart of the city of Almera great staff all speaking English breakfast offered all stations are walking distance from the hotel, week end is quite busy and noisy but its nice to party with the people and enjoy the party

There are also 35 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.