Reviews of Bastion Hotel Apeldoorn Het Loo

Loolaan 556, 7315 AG Apeldoorn, Netherlands

#8 of 11 hotels in Apeldoorn

Not as impressed as I've been previously
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I have stayed at the Bastion in Apeldoorn many times. As a regular, I was normally welcomed with a welcome drink for my return custom. This time not forthcoming (although I forgot to ask). I was also amazed that the passageway to the rooms was littered with laundry trolleys. Not 1 or 2; but at least 8-10 of them!

Their attempt at luxury is somewhat failed.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Its an expensive place to stay but I didnt have much choice. 1 light wasn’t working and the shower in bath was tiny and a bit dangerous and the shower curtain was useless allowing lots of water onto the floor. Resturant crowded at breakfast time.

Good resturant. More luxurious than I would normally choose.

Very friendly and helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Coffee making facilities but no tea bags!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great lounge area and bar with dart board Lovely swimming pool. Excellent food which was reasonably priced

Large bathroom and 4 indépendant bed.
    • Family Room

Towel not so clean as well as the toilet. Bed too soft. A bit far from city center.

Large bathroom and 4 indépendant bed. Large room easy to go around. Swimming pool at the ground floor and nice staff that helped us around with the towels and the room.

Unfulfilled potential
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I had dinner at the hotel with my 2 year old. In the children's menu there were only fried things and I asked if it was possible to get a child sized pasta. The waiter said yes but then I was charged the full amount of an adult's size pasta. I told them but they kept the price. In general is a hotel with good potential that could be much nicer if they took better care of it.

The staff was friendly and it was nice to have a swimming pool

Friendly staff, breakfast was fine, quiet place
    • Family Room

The hotel wing of the building has the athmosphere of a late 1990s conference center, but if you only stay for one night (as we did) that is ok.

Friendly staff, breakfast was fine, quiet place

Disappointing.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Very difficult to find as the street was closed for traffic. Entrance via the petrol station far from obvious. Hotel ground floor layout convoluted. Hospitality tray lacking tea and other basics.

Won't stay again at the property
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Filthy pool with wads of hair and bandaids floating about. The gym was a joke with three cardio machines and absolutely no weight training machines or dumbbells. The coffee machine was there without any actual coffee there.

It was clean and beds were comfortable

Traveller
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Comfortable clean bedroom with a wonderful bathroom we ate in the restaurant and the food was delicious we had visited before and because we knew what to expect we did not hesitate to return we look forward to our next visit, thank you

Clean, beautiful property, friendly staff, no frills amenities

The physical property felt very high end, but the toiletries in the room seemed cheap. Plastic cups in the bathroom, one small soap/shampoo. The was no conditioner or lotion or even a box of tissues. There was also no remote control for the TV and no alarm clock. I'm sure I could have asked at the fro t desk, but I was. Just there for the night so it was OK. It did feel however very sparse. Also, the restaurant and bar menu left much to be desired and the breakfast buffet was pretty mediocre for 15 euros per person.

Very friendly staff, cool decor, great location, high quality facilities (beautiful newly renovated bathrooms, nice tile in the pool area... Looked great) Loved our interactions with the people there, and the free parking and wifi were wonderful

Value for money hotel with nice staff.

No teabags just coffee.

Very large, dark, quiet room with good air conditioning. Nothing fancy or modern here but a nice hotel, good value for money with friendly and helpful staff. Big bathroom, comfy beds.

A lovely comfortable hotel.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Not enough ammenities in the room, shampoo/conditioner etc...but we brought our own, so wasnt a problem...A little far away from the centre !

A lovely comfortable hotel...its not our first time...The friendly/hospitable staff is what make this hotel...Breakfast is very good, really good airco, very comfy bed and bedding...lovely pool area ! Winner !

Great hotel for business and leasure
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Bathtub instead of walk-in shower in the bathrooms

Helpful, friendly staff Very good breakfast buffet Nice lounge and terrace Air condtioned rooms Great location

Not good
    • Family Room

I lost my little tower and the door access card during my 2 weeks stay! Very poor for the responsibility of hotel of the hotel! And I don’t think I will come back.

We came to pool in the evening and nobody was there, so...
    • Family Room

We came to pool in the evening and nobody was there, so entire pool for me and friends, that was nice :D Free parking is a bonus. Friendly and nice staff. Quiet location.

Perfect for a weekend break!
    • Family Room

It was a pity that there was no double bed in the familyroom - it feels strange to sleep in a separate bed from my husband ;-)

A large room with very comfortable beds and a spacious bathroom, with bathtub ad shower. Located near de Apenheul, Palace the Loo and the city center. Everything one needs for a relaxing weekend break.

The Bastion Hotel is lovely and very comfortable, with wonderful and caring staff.
    • Family Room

We are three people, two parents and our son. Our family usually shares one room because it is hard for us to afford two rooms. The first time we stayed with you, on May 17, we got a family room. This last time, on May 20, no family rooms were available. We asked if you would put an extra bed in a smaller room, but were told that you won't do that. So, we had to pay for two of the smaller rooms.

The staff members were wonderfully helpful. Remi Hendriks went out of his way to provide accommodations at the best possible price and to help us with the internet connection. He was very kind to us, as was the woman at the front desk when we arrived (we don't know her name). Thank you for hiring such great people to care for travelers.

The hotel was a convenient place to stop for two nights.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The evening meal menu was uninspiring but there are very good restaurants within a short walk.

The hotel was a convenient place to stop for two nights. It is a very short walk to the Palais Het Loo which is worth visiting. The room was comfortable.

Adequate hotel for the price but not really 4 star.
    • Family Room

Room decor is sterile. Insufficient facilities for lighting and power for the extra family beds. Important breakfast items not replenished after first wave use; cakes,cheeses,fruit.

Value for money is excellent.

Brilliant spacious clean hotel, helpful staff, breakfast over priced.
    • Family Room

I thought the breakfast was over priced for what's on offer so unfortunately even though we had four nights here we only ate breakfast once at the hotel. We ate out the other days. Maybe the children shouldn't have to pay the same price as adults. That might of made it a bit better.

Everything was perfect for our stay, staff friendly, quiet, car parking, location, very large family room with bathroom, clean, wifi, swimming pool. Will definitely be returning again but won't be booking a breakfast unfortunately.

Lovely stay and perfect for young families.
    • Family Room

Only 1 coffee each in room but asked for more and it was given willingly.

The swimming pool. The staff. The beds were very comfortable. Very happy with our stay.

Terrific hotel. We would return here any time we are in Apeldoorn.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed at. THe staff are wonderful, the room large and comfortable. The breakfast is a bit pricey but the variety and quality make up for it.

It's a good hotel to spend a nice weekend with the...
    • Family Room

It was mentioned in the booking that we will have 4 individual beds, and we got 2 and a couch. The window was not 100%. The wind cross it .. and it was -2 during the night.

It's a good hotel to spend a nice weekend with the family.

Hotel was OK, the personell was friendly but we didn't sleep well because of the noise
    • Deluxe Twin Room

We explicitly asked for a quiet room but were given a room which was at the street side, which was quite noisy

We asked for a non smokers room and we got a non smokers room

Would recommend this place to stay.
    • Family Room

Was visiting family nearby so only used hotel for sleeping and breakfast, both of which were good. Facilities, restaurant and bar area seemed great, although didn't use them to comment further. Staff all excellent and very helpful.

Amazing hotel with great service and a very friendly staff!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Amazing staff who are all very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very good too. I absolutely love this hotel and all it’s facilities. Always use this hotel when I visit Apeldoorn and they’ve never let me down!

Breakfast was good
    • Deluxe Twin Room

in the bathroom was smoke coming through the ventilation everything was full of dust Very noisy to the street since windows have not been very well isolated

Breakfast was good

Een keurig hotel, waar hierendaar aan het service niveau verbetering mogelijk is.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Op onze kamer was erg weinig licht. En de airco stond op de laagste stand erg koud. Dit konden we niet anders instellen. De tv had geen gids info zodat je een keuze kan maken. Op zondag kregen we harde broodjes van zaterdag. Croissantje was ook niet knapperig; dit in tegenstelling tot zaterdagochtend toen was het prima.

De netheid van de kamer en de lounge.

Will stay there again.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

TV could not be used for own HDMI input.

Blackout curtains were adequate, but let some light around the side. Ice cubes were available. Good staff. Fluent English in most cases. Interesting palace and neighbourhood right on the doorstep.

good experience
    • Deluxe Twin Room

room not clean and cold, breakfast not special, coffee machines not working well

location for visiting the city and the palace was good, room spacious, bathroom large

I arrived by bike and the receptionist booked me in a large...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I arrived by bike and the receptionist booked me in a large room on the ground floor and allowed me to wheel my bike into my room. Top marks. It's also perfect for the Het Loo palace which was my reason for going to Apeldoorn. I ate in the restaurant and the lovely waitress kept me entertained and laughed at my pathetic jokes ;-)

Very good accommodation at a good price in a nice location
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Nearest restaurant (not the hotel's) was pretty disappointing. Bit of a culture shock for us after restaurants in Poland and Germany!

Excellent situation next to palace park; very good interior and breakfast. Nice lounge downstairs. Parking no problem at all.

The food in the restaurant was nice and the room was a good...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Shame that there was a leak from the roof in the corridor which doesn't look great

The food in the restaurant was nice and the room was a good size and with all the comfort needed...

very disappointed with money being taken up front - will certainly be more cautious in future!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

**prospective booking.com bookers beware** I booked this accommodation with a UK debit card as security, but the whole amount was taken immediately by this hotel from my bank account 9 weeks before the booking date- I have never before paid for hotel accommodation up front & would not have booked here if I had known this - I never intended to pay for it with a UK account and it caused me to go overdrawn & I incurred ridiculous foreign currency exchange bank charges as a result. The hotel wouldn't let me pay with my Dutch account & said that the agreement was that they could take the money prior to arrival as it was a 'special deal' (89 euros/night)..,

lovely early morning swims

indoors and outside seating area very pleasant
    • Deluxe Twin Room

not having toilet paper in the bathroom and having to ask for it - also not getting clean towels every day

indoors and outside seating area very pleasant

Very pleasant and relaxing
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The lighting was poor in the room, I had difficulty to read. Breakfast needed a little more cooked food- Scrambled egg, tinned tomatoes.

The room was clean and fresh. Good facilities all round

5.5
    Three stars for the price of four
    • Deluxe Twin Room

At breakfast, the coffee (if you can call it that) is really really bad. Apart from the prices, I didn't really see anything resembling a four star hotel. Overall, this was quite an overpriced experience.

The free parking was, in fact, excellent. The bathroom had a nice little soap with the name of the hotel on it.

Good hotel, nice and comfortable rooms
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Less restaurants and shops nearby, but many within reach of a 15-20 mind walk. Small pebbles on parking can lead to noise from parking cars.

Nice big rooms and friendly staff. Good location for nearby attractions and with bus stop nearby.

The servers are all nice to the customers. If you would like to stay in Apeldoorn, that can be a choice.
    • Family Room

The hotel seems old and the winding path to the room gets us feel confused at first.

It's located near paleis het loo and quite easy to take the bus ride to the station. The room is spacious.It's comfortable to enjoy delicious meals in the restaurant in the hotel..

The most wonderful hotel in the Netherlands
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The staff are incredible and made me so welcome and they couldn't be more helpful, I am from the UK and travel alone for business so it can be lonely but coming to the bastion hetloo is like coming home. Come and see for your self as I've travelled Europe and this hotel is my favourite by a mile.

Nice hotel.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The breakfast is not included.

The hotel is very nice. I will stay again if I come to Deventer again. Much better either price and facility compared to the 2 hotels I stayed before that. I had very short stay here so I could not try the gym or swimming pool yet.

Great location, but that's it...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

No information on the room what-so-ever about the services & facilities of the Hotel, not even a number to call reception. After going down to reception we did manage to order a meal for in our room (restaurant was full) but we had to pick it up ourselves and return the tray afterwards. The food was not nice, chicken was undercooked and there was no cutlery so we had to go back down to reception for it.

The location is perfect for visiting Loo Palace and a bus stops right outside for going into the city centre, just a short ride away.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Easter at the Loo Palace
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Poor internet in the evening ( when more people use internet) We made a reservation for a special table at dinner, this was forgotten. We had to wait an extremely long time for the main course of the dinner. Unprofessional girls serving dinner , should be better trained !!. Reservation problem and long waiting for the main course was well handled by the staff (extra drinks/ desserts)

Reception was great ( Roel). Great lobby, great terraces in the sun to take your drinks, all day. Pleasant prices for drinks (coffee, beer, wine). Very good parking. Bicycles for rent, which is very convenient in this part of NL

Location is great
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Towels looked like not being changed from the previous guests, the same for the pillow, full of short dark hairs. That was very unpleasant and ruined the picture of a nice comfy hotel.

Location is great

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Relaxing Stay
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Needed just a few more brochures and a visible list of upcoming events in the area.

Very friendly helpful staff. Clean and comfortable. Great location for sightseeing.

Excellent visit.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Excellent service from all staff who were friendly, poilte and professional throughout our visit. Great location with easy travel to town centre or Het Loo Palace. Swimming pool within hotel available at no extra cost. Really good choice at breakfast.

Niiiice!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

We could not open a door into sport gym. But maybe it wasn't in our opyion. And we had a problem with sauna. After long trying it start working but for very short time. We tryed made it for the sevond time but without result :)) and we waited more than for 10 minutes for sure. But in total everything was very nice.

Place was very nice. In the begining we had small confuse for finding a room. But nice boy showed it to us.

One night stay in Apeldoorn
    • Family Room

* Room is one big space without partitions to separate between kids and parents bed areas, and there's no small light in the seating area, so when the kids went to sleep it wasn't really possible to still stay up * Only 2 instant coffee of which one is a decaf * Breakfast was expensive

* Nice comfortable room * Heated floor in the bathroom, it was warm and comfortable upon our arrival * Quick check-in * Quiet and peaceful place to stay

The location.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

We didn't get the room we asked for, which we found unpleasant, since we use this hotel very often. Breakfast was chaotic. Too many people at the same time, a long queue and not enough tables.

The location.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Great value, perfect service, big room, very good facilities
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There was an excellent lounge with comfy chairs and the sun was shining in, so it was really nice and sunny, though outside it was cold. Nice swimming pool, deepest end 1.35 m. Nice staff, upright friendly, not the "acting" friendly they sometimes do. Restaurant diner (not had breakfast/lunch): good price/value, not too fancy. Comfy bed, good shower, big room, chairs and table in every room. For smoker and non smokers: The bar has a big smoking lounge in the back with tv, a billard and other games, it was really quiet, so there was no one there, no bother with the smoke. Never expected so much value for the price we paid, an absolute recommendation!

Best location for Het Loo
    • Deluxe Twin Room

By end of night it was very hot and stuffy. It was difficult to control the room temperature, but fortunately, the windows could be opened. Also the restaurant was expensive for basic dishes.

Room was spacious and comfortable. Location was excellent, walking distance to Het Loo and also close to town centre which was a big plus. Staff were helpful and polite. Overall a comfortable stay.

Palace Het Loo is just accross the street.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The windows couldn't be opened for fresh air. There was some sort of generator outside which made quite a lot of noise. The extractor (fan) in the bathroom did not shut down and was on all night.

Palace Het Loo is just accross the street. The staff were friendly.

Great value for money!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There was a smell in the bathroom, which disappeared after flushing some water through the sinks and shower area.

The very efficient location of this hotel. Breakfast is always very good here. This time we payed a reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

A good choice
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Bathroom was a little dated but fine, other than that everything was good

Rooms were spacious, staff were friendly and efficient, good parking , good bar and restaurant.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Very hoos place to stay

Big room and personal

Highly recommended

The room was clean

You can't beat this location
    • Deluxe Twin Room

They gym was way too small

Really nice location.

towels were dirty

towels were dirty

Comfortable, clean, well located as we had an event at het...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Comfortable, clean, well located as we had an event at het Loo

Easy access to the hotel with on site parking.

Just lacked intamacy

Easy access to the hotel with on site parking. Spa pool was relaxing at 0700

No electric vehicle charging capability

No electric vehicle charging capability

very friendly and helpfull staff

very friendly and helpfull staff

Luxurious and friendly hotel. We really enjoyed our stay
    • Family Room

Delicious continental breakfast. Swimming pool was just the right temperature

Very nice and large room

Very nice and large room

Apeldoorn suite stopover
    • Family Room

Great super sized family room, suite. Fabulous breakfast. Great stop over for a trip to Denmark from UK.

very nice room

breafast is not so good

very nice room

Staff very friendly

Everything was fine

Staff very friendly

Bastion stay
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Good hotel, breakfast average choices and a bit of s disappointment

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

They need a lot off improvement to become a touristique destination

Room wasn’t clean properly

nice place to stay with kids.
    • Family Room

nice place to stay with kids. nice swimming pool

A peasant well placed hotel for visiting Het Loo Paleis with adequate parking on site.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Bathroom had a slight whiff to it - the week had been very hot

Staff were friendly & helpful; the hotel is walking distance to Het Loo Paleis

amazing value for such a nice, smart hotel.
    • Family Room

Excellent room, plenty of space and clean. Hotel was clean and staff very good.

Awesome place

Awesome place

Pricey extras

Location was excellent.

Nice Hotel... it worth your stay.
    • Family Room

Breakfast could have more options of fruits.

Bedroom was really spacious with nice beds. Hotel located close to nice parks (Julianatron and Apenhul).