Reviews of Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Amstel

Verlengde van Marwijk Kooystraat 30,, 1114 AC Amsterdam, Netherlands

#353 of 448 hotels in Amsterdam

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Even though there was a 10-minute walk from the nearest...
    • Comfort Twin Room

The bed wasn't too comfy, as it was too soft. You kinda sink into it :) And the bathroom wasn't too practical, either: the sink was too low and too into the wall, hard to wash your face; and there was no place in the shower where one can place the shower gel or shampoo.

Even though there was a 10-minute walk from the nearest metro / bus station, the location is actually quite ok in regards to the time you need to get from the airport to it or from the hotel to the city center. It also had a gas-station right in front of it, so you could buy stuff at late hours, if needed. Also, coffee capsules are available in the room to get your day started properly ;)

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Great customer service was great.
    • Quadruple Room

Great customer service was great. Rooms were very comfortable. 5 mins walk to metro which took us direct to Amsterdam Centraal (only 10 min train ride).

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Clean, welcoming, lack in facilities and a little walk to nearest metro but overall pleasant hotel.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The room was poorly lit, especially the bathroom which only had one small light above the mirror and with the contrasting dark tiling it made it a bit challenging when coming to shower or use the toilet etc. Although they had a gym which I never found time to use, they seemed to lack in any other facilities, aswell as the WiFi being tempermental.

The beds were nice and comfy, room nicely laid out and the bathroom was up-to-date. There was a rather elegant focus wall that was illuminated which gave the room a welcome feel.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The location is fine, as is the parking.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Not particularly clean, I asked for a quiet room and was given one on the ground floor immediately next to the elevator and corridor entrance. In the middle of the night, the fire alarm went off and was switched off about 30 seconds later: does this mean there is a danger or it was a false alarm...?

The location is fine, as is the parking.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Disappointing.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The room WAS NOT CLEAN - old hair and bits of food all over the floors & bathroom sink. The staff WERE RUDE - took over 15 mins to be served for check-in, despite no queue, not told anything about rules/breakfast/smoking/travel etc, they also got moody at any requests. The view outside our window was disgusting.. Especially from a City who has "Keep it Clean" posters & bin stickers everywhere - loads RUBBISH thrown into the empty stream (beer bottle, crispy packets etc.) Looked like a fly tipping site.

The shower was excellent! Very surprised and happy with how modern the shower is.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Clean facilities, served it's purpose
    • Deluxe Single Room

I chose the location specifically, to be closer to the office but the area itself doesn't offer anything in particular (market, touristic objectives) For me it surved the propose very well

Generally good, nothing to complain about The room had 2 single beds, although I travelled alone Nice walk-in shower Clean room & facilities 10 mins walk to the nearest train/metro station

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Perfect location for our needs ,
    • Comfort Twin Room

Finding staff to serve us at bar,slow check in ,the room was not seviced during our stay

Location , secure parking perfect for us while attending expo at Amsterdam RAI ,close to motorway network,easy acess by metro to central Amsterdam. The free nibbles at the bar

Excellent comfort and very helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Single Room

The location may make getting to the nearby Metro a little difficult for the elderly, and those requiring accessibility. The options for breakfast were rather limited, with only a set price available.

Very comfortable bed and excellent shower. I really liked the inclusion of a smoking room, which added to the comfortable environment. Spacious rooms, and a nice bar where you can get a coffee, or a quiet drink.

See above
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There was no value for money. €124 was far too much for the room( deluxe) I got. But perhaps, the most unfortunate thing, was the attitude of the personnel or at least, one of the personnels. This particular staffer(female) practically ordered me out of the premises. She gave me just 15mins to get ready and leave or pay for late checkout. Time at this point, was about 11:45. Checkout time is 11.00, I was told. I overslept and was woken up to hear this. I asked for 30mins instead of the 15 given, but she told me in very crude terms, “it’s a leave it or take it”. Anyway, I still managed to be downstairs at about 12:20 and was,fortunately, checked out ( at no extra cost)by a male receptionist. Summary, my beef,is the manner of approach and tone, by the aforementioned female receptionist. Unfortunately,I don’t have her name.

Clean and basic

Would stay again.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Free parking. Good access to city. Clientele staying there were nice regular people, not awful party animals like other places closer to the centre. Room and beds comfortable. Liked the fact that there was a nespresso machine with pods in the room!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Fair relation quality/price

The entrance was not clean enough. does not look like entrance for 3 1/2 star

Despite the location was not good. the comfort from the hotel was good

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Everything was fantastic.

Great location to tram service. Friendly staff. On the 2nd evening of our stay there was a man hurling abuse at the staff member,she kept her composure and greeted us with a smile. That woman deserves a raise.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Nice view from the window , Free parking , Friendly staff ,...
    • Deluxe Single Room

Something is wrong with the email that Booking gives. We have wrote 3 mails but no one was answer , As we have understand, it is better to try to call on the phone rather write an email .

Nice view from the window , Free parking , Friendly staff , the size of the room was very good. They have a Café maschine in the room .

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The rooms were very comfortable and fairly spacious.

Can’t think of anything

The rooms were very comfortable and fairly spacious. Great toiletries and nice large shower. Also great having fridge in the room.

Comfortable beds, clean.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Absolutely disgusting customer service! We were told to leave before we was due to because we were apparently smoking in the room..(we wasn’t!) they had no proof we had.. however demanded a 200 Euro for a fine and could stay or leave the hotel... if they had checked the cameras they would of seen my partner going outside to smoke! I am appalled at the way we were treated and don’t know if it was an act of racism as my boyfriend is black Portuguese.. when we were escorted to the room to get our belongings the hotel corridor stunk of cannabis, so other guests actually were smoking in the room.. unlike us! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Comfortable beds, clean.

Overall meets expectations
    • Comfort Twin Room

The beds were twin and not a single queen sized bed . This isn’t something new and quite common in europe but personally i feel it uncomfortable as things and sometimes people tend to fall through the space . Also the room allocated to us was very near to the lobby entrance and every time someone open the lobby door our door made a distubing loud sound which was irritating throughout the night .

Rooms were spacious and cozy . Staff was courteous and location though far for central was still accesible via metro and a small 10 min walk.

Not recommended
    • Quadruple Room

- Bad location (far from the centre. Constant noise from nearby train tracks) - Poor cleansiness - Low level maintenance (blocked shower tray for 2 days, no hot water on checkout day, broken coffee machine, no clothes hangers )

- Friendly & helpful reception and cleaning staff.

Unfortunately this hotel I do not recommend.
    • Comfort Twin Room

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Free parking is the only plus of this hotel. When we arrived it was probably after some rain and the whole garage was full of water, so it was impossible to get a dry foot into the reception. It would probably be good to solve this situation. At check-in, we asked for the invoice to be made on the company's details, and then we got the keys from the room. Room security is good, elevator and entrance to the corridors is protected by a card from the room. Our room was not well cleaned. Everywhere there was a lot of dust. Especially in the heater. Another problem was in the bathroom. Since there is no place to put a shower gel and a shampoo in the shower, guests put it on top of the shower, where they do not clean up. That's why we found about 5 exhausted shower gels there, which is not right. The next day after awakening, when we adjusted our bed, we found the remnants of vomit under the sheet. If the hotel was not paid in advance, I certainly would not stay in it. Of course, on check-out was no company data on the invoice even though I handed it to them on arrival.

Free parking

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Least family friendly place. Stay away.
    • Comfort Twin Room

This is the least family friendly location I have ever been. Very rude and arrogant person at the reception. Will not allow us to stay together. Apparently 2 adults and 2 kids were not allowed in the room we booked. The person wanted us book an extra room and I found he charged more than what was shown at their own website. In booking.com their ad says kids are welcome. I did not find that true. The receptionist was very rude. With all the road works going on near the hotel, reaching the place was hard. Too many layers of security as well. You need to use your key card several places before you reach your room. Wash basin is so small and only half of it is visible. Not at all easy to use.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Moderately satisfied
    • Comfort Twin Room

No hot water for the first 2 days Internet was very slow and constantly disconnected Certain staff members were great and knowledgeable however there were some that were very poor employees

The rooms were very clean everyday

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Problems could be fixed, improved but will has to be there.
    • Comfort Twin Room

No hot water drinking facility. Just a Nespresso. Does everybody drink lukewarm, dribble? Limited to two capsules. Can't make tea or lemon drink. Warm up. Air con was erratic. I caught a chill. TRAINS overlooked by room. I asked to be moved. Pleasant response but had to wait till next day 11am, which was ok. Next morning, new staff head acted like I was requesting an evacuation from Stalaag 17. No need for attitude. I did not complain, just a victim of Bastion governance. I was moved, upgraded: "This is your lucky day", she said. Well, you know, you made it not.

It was a room. Gym was handy.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

wouldnt recommend or stay here again lovely country but hotel staff rude and not helpful
    • Comfort Twin Room

Staff were unwelcoming and rude Tv control didnt work safe didnt work shower had no hot water couldnt double lock door when inside room shower too small coffee machine in room broke and hotel charged my credit card twice after i left and they still havent called me back or emailed me back

How close the metro was the bed was comfy location was easy to find with a car garage tbuy food and drink as not much option at hotel at all. The pillows were lovely but one wasnt enough helpful with taxi service

• Comfort Twin Room

Rude and unfriendly staff, dirty hallways and the cleaners didn't clean the room 2 days in a row!! If you are planning to stay here to visit the city I suggest to steer clear of this place.

Very bad experience
    • Quadruple Room

Although we booked a family room, we got two separated rooms in different floors. No one did ever send a notice in advance about the room change. After complaining the hotel was not willing to give us any compensation whatsoever. Absolutely not recommendable!!!!

Nice Hotel
    • Quadruple Room

We disliked the Restaurant. Staff looked really bored and the food we ordered was nowhere worth the price. My soup was much rather boiled water with veggies. It's not quality food.

Very stylish and clean. Friendly receptionists. Free parking!

Had a great weekend and the hotel met expectations for the price in an expensive city.
    • Comfort Twin Room

A little untidy and obviously its a fair distance from the city centre.

The lady that checked us in at reception, I think she was called Romy or something close to that was absolutely fantastic, she obviously loves her job and it made a great change from most miserable hotel staff around the world. I would recommend the hotel just for her.

Pretty good
    • Comfort Twin Room

It was out of town. There is only one metro and it's 10 minutes walk away. Then you have to take a 20 minutes metro ride to the center.

Very comfartable rooms and extremely comfy beds. Free water and coffe are a bonus... Staff was helpful as it gets.

Good for one night
    • Comfort Twin Room

how far away it is from the city center. It is very lonely around the hotel (no bars, restaurants). A very industrial area.

Compared to other hotels, this was extremely cheap and still very nice. We didn't expect it to be that far from the city center. The ride by public transport isn't very long but one still has to walk about 15 minutes to the closest station. Overall, it was okay for our purpose (one spontaneous night in Amsterdam) but in the future I would book something closer to the city center.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

1- MOST IMP: Free underground Parking
    • Comfort Twin Room

it's a bit far from the center (20 mins by train) but it's well connected and the trains keep running till after midnight. (speaking as someone coming from Germany where after midnight sometimes only some public transport keeps going).

1- MOST IMP: Free underground Parking 2- the hotel staff are very friendly 3- reception is very smooth 4- there is a local bar,restaurant and even a gym 5- the room was clean 6- the room had Air conditioning (very important if you are going during the summer) 7- the room was with a window 8- the bathroom had a hair dryer 9- again, FREE UNDRGROUND PARKING (I can't stress that much in Amsterdam where parking is very expensive and most hotels dont have parking is, and some that do charge u like 40€ per day... so it's really a "deal maker" if u travelling with a car)

The staff was very great and checked us in before the...
    • Comfort Single Room

The train stop was a bit far, but walkable distance.

The staff was very great and checked us in before the check-in time and accommodated our requests.

Affordable but basic.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The nearest metro was nearby but not close (15 mins walk). There are no shops near that area.

Cheaper than hotels in the city centre. Majority of the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Drop it like its hot
    • Deluxe Twin Room

We were on the 6th floor and the heat was barely unacceptable. We cant sleep until 2.00. Avoid in. Summer

Close to metro station. Really good location surround by parties and restsurants

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

lovely place
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Noisy people on the middle of the night and running/crying kids about midnight

Great location close to metro to city center free carpark at the hotel

A stay that ended badly
    • Comfort Twin Room

The price that we got on booking.com didn't include city tax. On booking.com I got a confirmation for payment which was €198, later on when we were doing the checkout I got a bill for €214. Furthermore they also put a restaurant bill "that wasn't ours" on our card, and they charged my card for it!!!!. This was credited. Now I got the bill(with extra city tax that WAS NOT mentioned in my booking and a restaurant bill that I didn't order). Hope they will figure it out and put the money back for what they charged on the restaurant. It is irritating to discover these things when you end your stay.

Aircondition in the room and blackout drapes on bedroom windows.

Friendly staffl
    • Comfort Twin Room

Staff was friendly, food was terrible & very noisy guests..fighting during the night on the 5th floor. All the roadworks didn't help either.

Friendly staffl

I chose this hotel due to cheaper cost and free parking...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I chose this hotel due to cheaper cost and free parking overnight. It was very far from the city center and it was at least a 10 minute walk to public transportation.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

They have a good AC while many hotels in Amsterdam with bad...

Too many locked doors with card access which is give u hard time to go to ur room or leaving the hotel

They have a good AC while many hotels in Amsterdam with bad AC during the summer

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Good value for the money.
    • Quadruple Room

Noisy because of the trains outside. They took me money from my credit card two times before the arrival and returned them after a lot of time. This is not cool.

Underground parking. Amsterdam has big rates for parking, so a included parking spot at the hotel was great. Room was clean and a lot of natural light coming through the windows. Mini fridge Bathroom had a lot for you

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

There is a great staff willing to help with everything we...
    • Comfort Twin Room

The breakfast option is too high so we preferred to eat somewhere outside. It was a bit confusing to find the parking place because the area was under construction. Our room windows was at the outside parking area.

There is a great staff willing to help with everything we asked for few thing and always answered with a positive answer with a smile. The shower is great! There is an air conditioning in the room. There was a coffee machine in the room. There was a refrigerator. That was one of the few places that is easy to approach from to the center of the city and doesn't charge extra for parking (most charge extra from 6€ to even 15€).

The best part was the beds, which were the most comfortable...
    • Quadruple Room

There was construction on the ramps to the highway from the hotel, which added an extra complication. It was still a good location, about 10 minute walk to the nearest metro station.

The best part was the beds, which were the most comfortable so far on our trip!

Very enjoyable
    • Comfort Twin Room

Road construction but I guess ones can get that anywhere.

I liked that every day there were 2 bottles of water waiting for us when we got home (free of charge). The bar and dining room were very handy, played cards most nights in the bar area which was very relaxing. The room it self was great, beds a little soft but after long days in town it really didn’t matter. The security around the place was awesome, no worries of anyone who is not a guest walking around.

We forgot one brand new sweatshirt at the room and when we...
    • Comfort Twin Room

We forgot one brand new sweatshirt at the room and when we called at the hotel they told us that they didnt find anything... Also the breakfast was really expensive and there is nothing to eat around.

A very nice hotel.
    • Comfort Twin Room

A little bit noisy being near railways and motorways, and there are roadworks and new building programmes which makes the surroundings a bit shabby.

Good comfortable room with clean en suite facilities. Plentiful breakfast and evening restaurant. Secure underground parking (for our motorcycle). Five minutes walk to Metro station for direct line to Central Amsterdam (10 minutes travel). Staff are friendly and informative and multi-lingual - thanks for speaking English! We had a great stay.

The room was a standard hotel room with good beds
    • Comfort Twin Room

We had problems with the shower Darin and the safe that was not fixed in 3 days, and in the checkout the Staf was rude

The room was a standard hotel room with good beds

Not in a good place, but very ftiendly staff
    • Comfort Twin Room

Nothing is around the hotel at all except highway and gas station. The hotel is far away from any supermarket and it is not convenient for guests to go to central and come back for small items.nothi

Internet

Very expensive, Bad insecure location and cleanliness issue
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The price too high for such hotel, we over paid double price. And the worst is the location. It locates at construction area with no people, almost nothing alive over there. To get to metro it took around 7 minutes through almost dangerous, construction road, under the metro bridge. Secondly, when we come to hotel around 3pm - cleaning ladies were still cleaning some rooms with towels and other stuffs all around floor at koridor. It was discussing.

Tegee is nothing I liked.

Very disappointing
    • Comfort Single Room

This hotel needs some renovation because the rooms are so little and old. The beds are so low that it hurt my back. In fact they need to change everything about it. You can’t charge people an arm and leg for something this crappy! I’m disappointed

Design interior is nice.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Far from the center. The way a long the hotel to metro is very quiet at night and no bar near the hotel. Thus if you go back to hotel at night after exploring the city it is too risk.

Design interior is nice.

There was black mold in the shower and when I mentioned this to staff they did nothing.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The black mold in the shower. I didn’t get to shower while I was there.

There was black mold in the shower and when I mentioned this to them showing them the pictures they did nothing or could care less. They then directed me to booking.com but this was their hotel.

if you stay other side form train you do not hear anything.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Breakfast did have a lot of healthy food. Room service does not exist. Price is not fair

if you stay other side form train you do not hear anything. That is very goof

The hotel is quite nice, comfortable, I would like to offer...
    • Comfort Twin Room

I think the water could be more hot when i am taking bath

The hotel is quite nice, comfortable, I would like to offer my special thanks to Miss Losin, she is very kind and helpful......

Restaurant good, good food (very good Irish steak) and I had...
    • Deluxe Single Room

My room was very noisy, it is in front of a large number of train lines and there are constantly trains circulating. Difficult to sleep.

Restaurant good, good food (very good Irish steak) and I had excellent service from Roxanne!! thanks Roxanne! Room was big, comfortable beds, clean and nice decoration.

staff made it a bad holiday
    • Comfort Twin Room

Nothing made me happy after my arrival and my birthday was spoiled coz of hotel staff on 2/6/2018 ....staff was not interested in help with direction .

Was not greeted on arrival and also my birthday and got no help with direction when i was at trainstaition near hotel

The parking was excellent and the security of the complex...
    • Comfort Twin Room

From the staff at reception to the tiny bathroom, this hotel was a disappointment. The hand basin was unusable due to a shelf positioned above it, the shower was dark and dingy and I requested a second hand towel and was still waiting for it 48 hours later on checkout! Staff standing at reception doing other tasks is not acceptable when there is a queue of guests waiting. Breakfast was overpriced.

The parking was excellent and the security of the complex was reassuring.

Stay away!

Don't know where to start. It may have something to do with the ongoing construction work to the roads and buildings nearby but there was a general smell throughout the hotel. It was nice to be welcomed into reception only after stepping around a drunk, fat construction worker smoking a cigarette in front of the entrance! After taking ages to check in, I was directed to my ground floor room (a first for me!) via a fire door with a broken window, and proceeded down the smelly (smoky, boozy, rotten, something else...) hall to my room, which kindly faced out to the parking area full of vans and lorries, and noisy guests drinking and smoking outside my window. Deciding not to eat there, we went out and on my return, found the entire bar drunk and a little intimidating, so went straight to bed to watch some tv. Except that the remote control didn't work (volume stuck on zero), so in the silence was forced to listen to the vigorous and noisy sexual activities happening in the room above me. All night. Non-stop.

Honestly can't think of a thing

Rank
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Food,service (or lack of) atmosphere. Piss poor experience.

The staff are rude and the add failed to mention the busy train line outside my room window. Just to name a couple

Nice modern hotel to stay if you're OK to use public transport every day
    • Comfort Twin Room

I actually perceive this hotel as relatively expensive seeing how far it is from nearest rail station—you are 6 stations away from Amsterdam Central so you can't easily cover this distance by feet. You walk 15 minutes to nearest rail station and then ride in metro to get to the city. And the floor in our room was a bit dusty/sandy when we checked in. Not a big problem though. Shower is a bit small and have no shelves to put a piece of soap or a shampoo.

Rooms is enough to feel yourself comfortable, with a table and couple of chars. We couldn't open our window (no handles; may be you can ask staff) but the air conditioner was fine. Everything works as expected, including room safe. You are given an electronic card and freely access your floor and room with it. Breakfast is excellent with a broad choice of cold and warm food, and you can order yourself smashed eggs too. Parking place is limited if I'm correct. What's really good is that the rail station with trains straight to the Schiphol airport is in 15 minutes walking from the hotes and you don't have to get to it through Central station.

Nice hotel with friendly staff and very good connection to...
    • Comfort Twin Room

Nice hotel with friendly staff and very good connection to the citi center by subway nearby. Private parking in underground garage, standard rooms. Ideal for road trip :-)

Last resort or gateway station
    • Comfort Twin Room

Difficult to access by other means of transportation but the car. In essence our stay was too expensive for the quality of the room: uncomfortable small beds and not spacious.

Parking facility. The bathroom was decent.

It was okay, and if i had to stay there again, i probably would.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

That fact that most times we left our room, we couldn't access our card to get back in.

I felt like the food was the only thing that made staying at this hotel okay, and maybe the shower facility...

Comfortable stay, location not great..
    • Quadruple Room

Didn't like the location, if you don't have car than have to walk a lot to reach ouramstel metro station, hotel should provide shuttle service for this..

It was clean and confortable rooms, just had cozy sleep in the room

One of the best locations to get
    • Comfort Twin Room

I think it's hard to find anything we didn't like.

Very nice and neat hotel. It's quite close to subway, you don't need to take taxi if you're back late night. It's easy to get to it if you're driving from outside. They have their own FREE closed underground parking, so you're sure your car is protected. They offer free drink if you register on their website with your email. Absolutely great.

Good deal for such a last minute booking!
    • Comfort Twin Room

Just a standard vending machine style coffee machine in the room. Breakfast was overpriced. A demonstration of how to use the lift would have been nice, as there was a lot of confusion using the card system on the first night, and it looked like we were not the only guests having that problem. The area is industrial with absolutely nothing welcoming about it, not a single café or shop for more than a mile radius! There's a busy road to cross from the station and no proper footpath for pedestrian access to the hotel entrance.

The room was comfortable and very clean. The nearest station was closer to the centre than we expected so no complaints there. Staff were also very nice to chat to.

Great stay, the free parking really sold me!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The price for 2 nights was a little pricey but that most hotels in Amsterdam.

I liked that this was close to the center, about a 15 minute uber ride to all the good stuff! I also liked that there was free parking..that definitely save me a bunch of money. Clean, staff was nice, closed off smoking area in the lobby, room was a decent size. I would definitely recommend.

Hotel is lovely, it's a short bike ride into the city or the metro is about a 6 minute walk!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Booking.com included breakfast in the price, when we checked in the receptionist said that wasn't the case and this happens all the time. They wouldn't budge, and for us we would have stay somewhere nearer the city for the same price!

The staff were incredibly helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are superbly clean! Would definitely stay again.

Amazing- Great location, great hotel, great memories :)
    • Comfort Twin Room

It would've been nice to have had shower gel as well as shampoo and also information in the rooms but apart from that it was a lovely stay :)

The beds were really comfy and the rooms were clean and modern. I also loved that there was a coffee machine in the room, it was a great touch and unexpected! :) Location was perfect, it was a ten minute walk to the metro which took you straight into the city centre.

in general it was a good hotel.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Two out of three people in the reception was not so friendly or helpfull and i avoided having any further interaction with them on my needs due to this and tried to be as little as possible in the rest of the hotel apart from my room. one of the reasons that i picked the hotel was that was near the center and metro, but it was really troubling getting there with luggage. there were no sidewalks and i had to walk via the car road for 20 minutes, with all the car drivers complaining with horns. Finally i there was a better metro station (overamstel) that it was better for transport the next days about 8-10 minutes

in general it was a good hotel. clean, modern, and nice

Nice facilities suffering from a very poor location while remaining not that far from Amsterdam.
    • Comfort Twin Room

One keycard for two people was a bit of an annoyance. The hotel is far from pedestrian friendly. The distance from public transportation is ridiculous and the only way to reach a footpath is crossing quite a busy road (with no traffic light to support pedestrians). The other way around do not even have facilities for pedestrians making the journey utterly dangerous and tedious with bags. As concerned, the hotel is most probably fine for people having a private vehicule, for the rest of the visitors, I would not suggest to stay there. The subway/train along the hotel is pretty noisy and could bother light sleepers.

Friendly staff, still around until late for late arrivals is pretty nice.

Awesome!!!!
    • Comfort Twin Room

Reception guided us to reach the hotel from Schipol airport. It was easy, we need to get down at Overamsteel stop in Metro and walk for 10 mins. It is outside from the city crowd for those you like to relax. Reaching city centre is also quite easy, one metro M51 with good frequencey. Staff were nice and helped us in planning our day.

I stayed here for a business meeting.
    • Comfort Twin Room

I stayed here for a business meeting. Room looks ok when you first got in but then the cleanliness sucks. They have not changed the bed linens once during my stay for 4 days even though they got visibly dirty. By the way, when you select making the payment in the hotel they basically take the full amount as prepayment without being authorized and without notifying you. I gave an online shopping card and as a result they cancelled my reservation and changed my twice with a new reservation without accepting their excuse. I will also raise a huge complaint about this matter. Don't stay in there if you really truly don't have to. There are other & way better options.

Pleasant, relaxing and enjoyable, good value.
    • Comfort Twin Room

View from hotel window. No problem with the garage but the river could do with a clean up. Other than that all was good.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms are compact but have everything you would require for a short break.

I’d like coffee with baileys very very much!
    • Comfort Twin Room

I’d like coffee with baileys very very much! It’s nice 4 me drinkin’ coffee that way. I drink coffee like that many years. it’s 4 me like a ritual ! And without my ritual i can’t start the new day...had my favourite coffee just once ‘cuz u don’t serve alcohol till 11:00 and weekend till 13:00 ... that’s right I was little bit sad ‘cuz I couldn’t have coffee with baileys...bayleis just 4 flavor, not 4 hangover ;)

Very small rooms.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Bathroom is too small, it is impossible to use the sink because of the size. The beds are not comfortable as well. It was not so close to the subway station as it says in the description. Sincerely if you think to stay far from the center just to pay less, it doesn’t worth because you will spend longer time in the public transportation to get in the points of interest.

I liked the breakfast and the staffs is very friendly. We got 2 free bottles of water everyday.

I would not recommend this hotel to anybody.

The staff attitudea range from uncaring to almost hostile to customers. The property from the outside to the inside is filthy. Also, there is large railway junction just besides the hotel, causing noise issues. Broken and leaky water fixtures in the bathrooms.

Although it is not a bad hotel as such, there is really nothing to like.

The fact we've been there 10 times.
    • Comfort Twin Room

We've stayed here atleast 10 times. The shower overhead was covered in mold, hot water was down in the morning. The A/C wont work till it's 18c. The bar tender would not serve me a beer till 1300 on a Saturday, manager made an exception... $280 for one night including breakfast which is over priced but not terrible. two twin beds pushed together not that bad. Usually not this bad, prices jacked up for 420. Not kings day. Paid for 1 week in advance.

The fact we've been there 10 times. Have it all mapped out.

Browse Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Amstel traveller photo gallery