Reviews of Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp

Adrianahoeve 8, 2131 MN Hoofddorp, Netherlands

#15 of 17 hotels in Hoofddorp

Passable
    • Comfort Twin Room

There are a number of Bastion hotels near Schiphol. This is the smallest and most basic of them.

Basic low cost hotel in an isolated location away from shops.

Comfy, safe, friendly staff, good food!
    • Comfort Twin Room

I had the twin room, whoever had originally written that the bathrooms are a little small is right. Worked out fine for me but maybe try out a bigger room if you are a bigger person.

The people were very friendly and kind. The food was great, the bed was soft. Great for my 24 hour layover. Airport shuttle worked out perfectly. I just walked down stairs at 6:15 AM and hopped on, no having to register for a time.

they even didn't answer my email how i can get shuttle
    • Comfort Twin Room

they even didn't answer my email how i can get shuttle change of shuttle to reach the place no shuttle available early morning so to pay 35 euro for taxi no elevator

convenient airport shuttle, on time and good service
    • Comfort Twin Room

didn't provide enough towel for 2 pax no elevator, even just one more floor, with heavy luggage could be an issue

convenient airport shuttle, on time and good service

On the whole I was impressed and I will definitely use the Bastion hotels in future.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Nothing to comment. I am satisfied. The location was far from Amsterdam but this was chosen by myself.

The breakfast was great except there didn't seem to be much water in jugs. Everything else was if a good standard. The evening meals were delicious. The staff were exceptional expecially on the first 3 days. Yana who works in a different hotel was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Good value for an airport hotel
    • Comfort Twin Room

Breakfast was very pricy. Shuttles were not very organized. Drivers were rather brusque. But was free, so can't really complain. Info was lacking at airport terminal for shuttle.

Nice clean rooms.Quiet.

All in all it was very nice except the 2 issues.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Toilet facilities in the rooms are not made for the larger person and made for very difficult seating. One member of staff was very rude to a friend and was almost calling him a liar when the coffee was not right and it was the hotels fault for not cleaning the hot water dispenser correctly.

Most of the staff were pleasant except one, the rooms were tidy and of a decent size

Near the Schiphol airport. Reasonable price near Amsterdam.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Unpractical design of bathroom sink. Difficult to use without splashing.

Coffee great. Friendly and helpful staff. Room was basic and clean. Convenient to airport.

A one nightstay before flying back home
    • Comfort Twin Room

The airconditioning stopped working before midnight and didn't get back on till in the morning and the bathroom need some better lighting

The room was clean and cozy. The bed was comfortable. For a short stay it's ok

Fair place for your money .
    • Comfort Twin Room

I was under the impression that breakfast was included and found out at the end of my stay it wasn’t . 14.75 euro. Also My friend and I felt rushed out of the hotel on our last night and my friend forgot his “Burberry “seeing glasses . And we called the hotel right away and notified them . We also rushed back to the hotel and searched the room and had the front desk Manager contact the cleaning lady/men and ask if they found them and unfortunately they disappeared . Once again our fault but the manager went out of his way to help us and we thank him for that “Freddie”.

Not a bad hotel but it was the one that fit my budget . Didn’t really expect much more than what I got . The van and the bus will get you to and from the airport . Then 19.50 euro for round trip for 2 adults on the train to Amsterdam Central. It was cool learning their transportation system . Can’t complain . I also took a Uber from the airport to the hotel 11.50 euro. Also a taxi from Amsterdam central to the hotel and that was 80 euro . I feel like I got ripped off but you pay and learn . Enjoy

Know which bastion you are booking before you book
    • Comfort Twin Room

The locatuon was far away from the airport and they dont have any shuttle service after 23:30pm. And specially this hotel is not the one i booked, cause there is another one Bastion nearer to the airport and they dont have any coordination between this two.

The staff, clean room, security

It’s ok I would probably stay there again but the one up the road nearer the airport is nicer
    • Comfort Twin Room

Didn’t have a lot of food in stock in the restaurant 3 nights with no pasta meal that was on the menu, and the drinks machine was empty for while on hot days

Location was great for us , rooms are nice staff helpful

Good place to stay near the airport
    • Comfort Twin Room

The main manager was rude to us, we spend a few days working in the hotel and when we asked for a jar of water he came with two dig bottles of water so he could charge us for it. Very disappointing attitude, tbh.

Breakfast was surprisingly good. The place is clean but well nothing special, you pay for the close location to the airport, you have been in one of these business hotels, you have been in all. You get what you pay.

Terrible Hotel, Unfriendly, overworked staff, smelly carpet and bathroom. Not recommendable.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The Hotel Carpet STINKS and bathroom is disgusting ,the staff was overworked and hence very irritable and unfriendly. Our room was not cleaned, after complaining to the Management, the same Staff at the Reception was sent to clean. Which she did a terrible Job. We complained further but all feel on deaf ears. Would never stay there again nor recommend this Hotel.

Nothing about this Hotel is worth the amount of money spent.

Ok for one odd night.
    • Comfort Twin Room

not much thought put in to the design of the bathroom: shower room with no soap/shampoo support and the sink so narrow that you could not possibly use it because the mirror shelf was in the way!

relatively close to the airport, good shuttle bus service, modern furnished facility

Adequate for one night.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Breakfast was limited and expensive for the amount. Dinner was also expensive for small quantity. 2 pillows would have been nice.

The staff were helpful but not overly friendly. Shuttle service was good although the location was further away from Schipol than was suggested in the advertising.

It's close to the airport and the staff are super helpful.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Walls are a bit thin, so if you've got rowdy neighbours, you may lose some sleep.

Look, it's clean, comfy, and close to the airport. Realistically no guest will stay more than 2 nights. Prices aren't cheap but I'm guessing justified due to demand. Also, staff are really nice and very helpful.

Expensive for such a terrible hotel.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Bed was too small. The first room they gave me smelled like back up sewage. I had to request to change room, they didn’t even offer. The towel had a piece of wadded hair (human, dog?) on it.

Complimentary coffee in the room.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Light switches could have been better positioned, the bathroom switch was not obvious! Not directly the fault of the hotel, but the taxi (booked the previous night and confirmed) turned up 40 minutes late (for a 15 minute journey). This put my customer meeting at risk. Taxi driver just apologised a bit.

Complimentary coffee in the room. Bed was reasonably comfy.

Excellent staff but balance price/value due to location to airport.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Lighting in the bathroom was dim. Had a lamp in the room with red shade that was also too dim. Price of the room was fairly high but I guess because of location near the airport. Excellent staff made it a good stay.

Staff was excellent, especially Freddie. He check us in, cooked a great lunch and made us feel welcome. Young blond assistant who came in after Freddie’s shift was very nice and suggested a nearby lake to spend some time. Great staff😎

Room good, nice bar wih affordable drinks.
    • Comfort Twin Room

We were travelling for business with a lot of heavy luggage and choose this hotel for the free shuttle bus to Schiphol airport. We didn't know we first went to another Bastion hotel, where we needed to get of the bus and get into another bus going to Bastion Hoofddorp. Same with going to Schiphol the morning after. Also the no elevators in the hotel, so in a few words: not so pleasant when traveling with a lot of luggage.

Room good, nice bar wih affordable drinks. Clean and comfortable bed and bathroom.

EMBARRASMENT
    • Comfort Twin Room

MY GROUP WAS NOT ALLOWED TO EAT AT THE RESTAURANT. MAJORITY IN MY GROUP ARE FILIPINOS AND THE 4 WHITE PEOPLE IN MY GROUP WAS ALLOWED AT THE RESTAURANT.

Room standard is ok, but they overcharged me and I didn't get a working key card to open my room.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Basically hotel performed a scam - they said us to pay a city tax (5 Euro per person) in cash, despite the fact that they have already taken this money from my account (I realized that after coming home, when I checked my bank account). Refuse to pay anything in cash when you come there, Their preparation was also a joke - when we arrived at 1:00 AM, receptionist realized, that he has no key card for our room and informed us, that he can only open our room with his own card. So basically we were trapped in our room, as it was impossible to go back after closing the door. We were informed, that hotel manager can give us our working key card at 6 AM.

Room was equipped according to the offer (air conditioning, hair dryer, towels) and tidy. Airport shuttle works properly (every 30 minutes, hh:15 and hh:45; 06-23).

ok
    • Comfort Twin Room

There is no direct shuttle bus to the airport from this hotel. The shuttle stop at the other Bastion hotel for you to catch with the another shuttle bus to the airport.

breakfast was ok

Airport hotel
    • Comfort Twin Room

We did not know that there were two Bastion Hotels near airport and got off from the shuttle at the wrong one. Thankfully the reception at the first place helped us to get to the correct location by arranging another shuttle trip. However when we arrived at our place the second receptionist who did our check in was not nice and not helpful at all. I wanted to pay with my credit card and asked if I could do it manually (meaning not via pin but by actually signing in the receipt). The reason was that I only use this card when I buy things from internet and use an electronic signature so do not remember my pin. I have never had any problem with it as hotels and other places always gladly accept manual signature. But the receptionist insisted that it was not possible and I had to use my debit card. He also treated another couple that were in the line before us not very nicely. We were given a room which was the farthest one in the building even though I had booked this reservation months in advance and were expecting a better one. I would not stay here again unless I do not have any other choice.

The hotel offers free airport shuttle service. The room and bedroom was spacious. Also they had water available in the room.

They say of having a free shuttle service from and to...
    • Comfort Twin Room

They say of having a free shuttle service from and to Schipol Airport. Actually, this is NOT a direct shuttle but a minivan taking you to the other Bastion hotel (Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Airport in Vuursteen 3, 2132 LZ Hoofddorp), located some km away, which provide a larger bus from and to SchipolAirport. The two shuttles are not properly coordinated! We got last shuttle from Schipol to Bastion Hotel Airport and there was no mnivan shuttle ready to take us to the Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp. We had to take a taxi and pay 20 Eur for less than 6 km around the airport. We politely complained back to the hotel at the reception but personnel present at that time (two young ladies) showed a rude, careless and unresponsive attitude. The guy who served us at checkout the following morning was much kinder.

Good hotel for overnight or a short stay, clean rooms, very convenient for the airport.
    • Comfort Twin Room

I was happy with the hotel, though I thought it was a little expensive compared to other hotels I have used. To be fair, it was King's Day, and there were limited options.

Good transfers to Airport, friendly staff, clean room. Ideal for a short stay or overnight to take a connecting flight.

Overpriced, almost no servicies, aweful wifi speed, I had better internet connection in Tanzania.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The hotel is far away from the airport, the restaurant opening hours are a joke, I could not have a dinner when I arrived, neither breakfast when I left. The shuttle to the airport is not really to the airport, it is to the main Bastion hotel, then you need to take a shuttle there, it takes more than 30 mins to get to the airport.

Not much, the hotel is pricey for what the offer.

It served its purpose
    • Comfort Twin Room

Breakfast was not worth the price paid. At that price I would have expected a cook making fresh omelettes. And we were not informed from the info on the booking site that we would have to take two shuttles to get to our hotel. As it turned out, the shuttles were very efficient and timely so not as bad as the first impression. There is a bus stop in the vacinety of our hotel but it was a fair walk to get to. So we decided the shuttles were a better option.

The staff was friendly and efficient. Our room was on first floor and clean.

Very small rooms, smelly, shuttle bus is not direct to...
    • Comfort Twin Room

Very small rooms, smelly, shuttle bus is not direct to airport needs one change had to wait at changeover place for half an hour Less staff, so lunch was not available when I reached

It was adequate but far from satisfactory
    • Comfort Twin Room

Hotel needs updating. Room was cramped. Could barely get my suitcase around the bed and into the room. Poor lighting. VERY expensive for what you get. Charged 2 euros, 25 just for a coffee. When I complained the guy at the desk gave it to me for free. But I should not have had to ask.

Hotel was clean with free shuttle to the airport.
    • Comfort Twin Room

There are no restaurant nearby so I had dinner at the hotel. It was a big dinner but not very good. THE BIGGEST ISSUE is that there are two hotels with the same name that are a few miles a part. The taxi dropped me off at the wrong location. I had to wait 30 minutes for the shuttle to take me to the correct site AND I wasn't the only one that evening. They need to figure out a way to make sure bookings are clear about which location. I showed the Bookings.com confirmation to the driver so there must be a way to make it clear. The positive evaluation of the hotel staff was for the second location. The desk clerk at the first location was very pleasant.

Hotel was clean with free shuttle to the airport.

Great hotel, great transport, great value for money :)
    • Comfort Twin Room

Reception staff could have been friendlier on arrival. Milk in bedroom, for tea, would have been great☺

Shuttle was extremely reliable and convenient...made our trip so much better! Liked the bedroom and bathroom. Beds were comfortable. Very clean.☺

My stay was alright but nothing special.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The reception staff were efficient but not especially friendly. The breakfast spread was just ok. I don't really like boiled eggs and wanted more egg choices. There was no choices for cereal except standard boxed corn flakes and puffed rice. I really wanted a good granola one morning but none was there. One morning both coffee machines were down but were repaired fairly quickly. The dinners were good but a little pricey. The automatic lights in the hallways were at times slow to come on. The TV channel selections were meagre.

The bed was fine and the staff cleaning the rooms did a good job. The shuttle service was mostly convenient.

Short
    • Comfort Twin Room

Having to switch Shuttles to get to this hotel. It wasn't bad, quite on time, just one more thing to have to do to add time to the trip. And, because the other Bastion was booked we had to stay at this location - further away, it cost more money and the rooms weren't as nice.

Shuttle drivers are very helpful ,they even were cleaning...
    • Comfort Twin Room

I stayed in a twin Room,the whole design next to the door where the mirror and the mini bar and safe box is bad ,the room will definitely look better if it's changed,

Shuttle drivers are very helpful ,they even were cleaning the hotel entrance from trash and cig in there spare time ,you need cig ashtray infrony of the hotel so guest's don't throw on the floor

Spend a little more and find a nicer place.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The room was very small. I booked a room with two beds, letting them know I was a party of two adults and two children. The room had two beds the size of cots. Very small room, inadequate towels, and not too clean. My son slept on the floor.

The breakfast was great.

Simply lovely

Everything was excellent.

Staff members were extremely friendly and helpful, bed was comfy and the shuttle bus service from Airport to hotel goes every 30min which is helpful. Bathroom was really modern and clean, hot water gets really quickly out of the tap/showerhead. Heater was working and aircon-heater worked like a charm, managed to warm up the room in approx 10-15min and maintain stable temperature without much noise in the room.

Actually I only spent one night so I'd say it was ok.
    • Comfort Twin Room

I think that place don't deserve the amount of money I paid for a room, it was just too much for that kind of room compared to other places here in the US.

I liked the facts that it was a quiet place and the restaurant guy was really good to me.

Good for one night stay.
    • Comfort Twin Room

No communication from driver. Bus is clearly orange. Booking.com should at least say do.

Near airport and free shuttle but please tell travelers about the awkward bus arrangement between Hotels.

Our stay at the Amsterdam Airport Bastion Hotel was lovely, and we plan to stay there again.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The room at the Hoofddorp location was small and the beds were short. It wasn't clear on the website that there were two locations and that they were so different (3 stars as opposed to 4 stars). We were surprised to be taken to a second location, that was so far away. The descriptions on your website should be more clear.

The desk staff and manager were very helpful in getting us moved to the other Amsterdam Airport Bastion Hotel location, which was closer to Schipol, and therefore, was more convenient. The staff at the second location were equally helpful and accommodating.

Expensive hotel price for its location.
    • Comfort Twin Room

At least the the expensive days , beeakdast should be free.

Although I have to pay € 184,00 a night , I had to pay the breakfast , their was no paper tesu in the bath room , it was poor stander for that price.

Positive, clean and affordable, spoiled by tricky connection via shuttle bus.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Overall feeling was good. Afterward communication from hotel in Dutch although I was a foreign guest.

No direct shuttle to the airport, unable to serve early flights.

Not flexible with parking.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Not flexible with parking. Had booked 2 separate visits, separated with 1 night staying abroad. It was not possible to leave the car for that 1 night because it was in between, and not during the nights at the hotel. This is not what we call a helpful and flexible service.

The rooms are very confortable, there is a kettle and small...
    • Comfort Twin Room

We asked to split the invoice,so my collegue was paying 180 and I was paying the rest. Upon check out, the receptionist told me that there was a due amount. Apperently the receptionist charged my colleague 108 instead of 180 so I gave his telephone number and advised to give her a call in order to get the card details. She never received a call and they charged my card without any authorisation. I personally find this situation very unprofesional

The rooms are very confortable, there is a kettle and small fridge which are very useful. The food in the restaurant is very good quality-price. Friendly staff in the restaurant and reception

I will go back again without hesitation
    • Comfort Twin Room

they guest lounge area could be improved/enlarged

very accommodating staff. Helped me out with a left luggage problem wherein I had to leave a suitcase to be picked up later by a friend . Also they recognized me from the last stay so that always makes for a special welcome. In addition there is a very god breakfast at this hotel

A nice short stay!
    • Comfort Twin Room

The cleannes of the room. Room 30 The fridge was dirty.their was chios behind the nighttable. Behind the save their was those shoeclothes fulml of dust. Their was a empty bottle behind fridge room 28.

The service of the staff was great. The beds very comfotabel

Comfortable modern hotel convenient for airport
    • Comfort Twin Room

Only slight problem was bus ran late due to traffic.

Very convenient for the airport with frequent free bus. Far enough away to reduce aircraft noise. Courteous efficient service on reception. Clean, modern rooms.

Very good hotel staff but let down by overall cleanliness
    • Comfort Twin Room

The hotel is let down by overall cleanliness with floors not vacuumed thoroughly and general dust. A very strong drain smell as you enter the lower ground corridor and carpets that need replacing Expensive for level of quality and amenities compared to others

Superb staff that were very friendly and helped in any way they could. Beds were super comfy with clean sheets and towels. For a large hotel and close proximity to Schipol airport it was nice and quiet at night. Menu choice and food was also very good.

Very nice hotel, great value, a little further from the airport but they have a free shuttle.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The hotel reception is open 24 hours which was just as well because of a three hour delay, I didn't arrive till after midnight. Sadly I missed the free shuttle as a result. The hotel room was spacious and clean and warm.Slept very well. Would recommend. Got the free shuttle back to the airport next morning - brilliant service.

Very, very good - keep up the good work and standards.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The basin in the room. The shelf above the basin is too low - try and shave there with foam and razor - one cannot put ones face fully over the basin to catch drops of lather and when trying to rinse the face, it's impossible. Sorry, still doing things the old fashioned way. The airport shuttle(s) - plural - I was surprised to find I had to catch a second shuttle to this hotel. I must have missed this information - point being that when we arrived at the first hotel, all of us had to go to reception to ask what next, and I see this waste of time stresses the staff at the first hotel as you have lots of people clogging up the reception, delaying guests checking in at that hotel. The sign saying to catch the next shuttle is not in a good place, especially at night, and in the rain, it's hard to notice if you're not expecting another shuttle.... Perhaps the airport shuttle driver could make an announcement to read the sign when getting off the bus, and put the sign at the front of reception to reduce uneccesary traffic? Also, in the booking confirmation advise customers to be aware of this. I'm sure this will streamline the movemement of travellers and not irritate reception and travellers alike. So what I did not like about this was that I feel full information was not disemminated. Especially lugging a 25kg case and a 7 kg backpack - after flying over 18 hours one is very tired and probably a bit grumpy, and anything that is "new" stuation does stress one.

Pretty much everything - notwithstanding not talking Dutch, the staff went out of their way to ensure that what I was asking was fully understood before we proceeded (I'm English speaking).

Great location for bicycle tourers in Amsterdam
    • Comfort Twin Room

The readiness of the front staff to accommodate our 2 bicycles...storage of bags and bikes. Shuttle bus to airport Nothing asked was too much for any of front staff

Never again
    • Comfort Twin Room

Being made a fool by booking.com and the hotel that you have to change two buses to get to the hotel Price charged for property is exhorbitant

The shuttle bus drivers

Most helpful
    • Comfort Twin Room

Very helpful staff. Arrived july with bikes. Left bike bags for 3 months. On arrival bags waiting for us. Ground room floor. Security for bikes. Nothing too much. Made time so easy

it is Okee for the night before, or after a logh flight.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Small bathroom, especially the toilet. Shuttle to airport has a stop where you have to switch bus. The message from the chain owner please send complaints to me personally, as if they really think we are that stupid, i feel insulted by that.

cheap always friendly staff did like how I was welcomed.

I will never stay there again. It was a huge rip off at 150 Euro per night.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Terrible value. Bed was horrible. I have not slept in a bed that small since I was 8 years old. It was soft and uncomfortable. Should have been replaced years ago.

In the middle of nowhere, due to shortage of rooms in Amsterdam, not very good value.
    • Comfort Twin Room

There were not any other hotels, so the Bastion Hotel Schiphol Hoofddorp was the cheapest one but still very expensive due to the lack of hotel rooms in Amsterdam. They definitely have a shortage of room problem in Amsterdam, that is why the prices are so expensive and I ended up staying at this property. You have to take two shuttles to get from the airport to the hotel. It's not too bad, they come every 30 minutes and the second one is timed for the arrival of the first one. I did meet the kindest shuttle driver, I think he was from Morocco and had only been there for one month. But he was patient and kind with everyone, even those who asked him if this was their shuttle while we were waiting at Schiphol. He must have been asked by 25 different people and he was nice and patient with each one. I also had a very hospitable shuttle driver from the Best Western transfer point to the hotel. I enjoyed talking with him. I read the comments so I knew that you needed to transfer, but there is no sign or way of knowing if you do not ask. The room was quite small and the set up was not very user friendly. You could not pull out the chair from the desk all the way because the bed was blocking it. One lamp would not go on and the bathroom sink faucet was loose so it would move when it should be stationary. The glass shower door and walls had a space between so if you were not careful water would end up outside the shower. There are very minimal amenities. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere so there is no store or place to buy things to eat or drink. But they do have a vending machine with drinks and some snacks.

It was quiet and the bed was soft but comfortable. The two shuttle drivers I met on the way to the hotel were very kind and hospitable.

They were available with late notice when our flight was...
    • Comfort Twin Room

Room was not clean, none of the lamps had bulbs in.

They were available with late notice when our flight was cancelled and they had a shuttle bus. Food in restaurant was nice.

My stat was perfect. The food was good. The service excellent. The room clean and nice.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The hotel was perfect. I didn't like what Booking.com did to me by charging me to rooms and not reacting to me after I notify them

I was angree at check in because BOOKING.COM had 2 reservation at my name and charge me for 2 rooms. At Bastion they explane very good to me that it isn't they fault. And what i must do to get back my unused room refund. The communication and explanation was perfect

Extremely bad experience I never write bad reviews but this hotel was the worse.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Our room was dirty, not cleaned. Pee on the toilet seat, no new towels. Room and toilet had a bad smell. Bed sheets had stained on them. They need to work hard to get better cleaning staff. Will not recommend this hotel, already started warning people.

Good value for quality for short trip. Nothing interesting in the area.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Bathroom washbasin poor design : too narrow, hidden under a shelve, almost unusable. No lift to the 2nd floor ... carry luggage up/down the stairs.

value for price. airport shuttle (even though need to change-over to another bus halfway). Staff friendly. Bus nr 300 to Haarlem and Shiphol Airport is at walking distance

Dissapointing
    • Comfort Twin Room

Got bitten at night leaving big red lumps , also upon booking it said the hotel was 4km away it was more like 30 km. Over all rating I would give is poor and a refund for the stay necessary.

Staff were friendly. The food was also good.

Great staff, super helpful shuttle drivers.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Temperature was ok. I like it a little cooler but was not able to adjust air conditioning to a lower temperature. Still slept fine.

Great staff, super helpful shuttle drivers. Comfortable and clean room and bathroom. Had everything I needed for a one night stay before catching an international flight. Accommodations matched the price.

Clean, comfortable, pleasant staff.
    • Comfort Twin Room

The fact that I had to change shuttle bus to get to and from Schiphol. Menu selection was limited.

Clean, comfortable, pleasant staff. Good location to connect with the WTC at Schiphol.

when you book a hotel via Booking.
    • Comfort Twin Room

when you book a hotel via Booking.com and you are sure you have selected the "pets allowed" filter and you also mention in the remarks of the booking that you will bring a dog, it is very unfortunate to hear the hotel does not allow dogs and it is your problem. The hotel is strict and does not allow dogs. Making the mistake to book this without refund and Bastion refuses to refund the money, you booked via Booking. com so this is their problem and not Bastions. So at the end of the day as a customer you are stuck between Bastion and Booking and also left without a room. Great piece of customer friendliness and client building!!!!

A basic place to stay before flying out of Amsterdam, with wifi and shuttle service.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Couldn't work cooling system in the room. The telephone in my room did not work so I could not call the front desk. I paid cash for my dinner yet the next morning the front desk wanted to collect for our dinner, again. That was very disturbing. If I had left the property without remembering to stop by the front desk, I am sure they would have charged for my meal a second time. We originally went to the wrong Bastion hotel - that was confusing.

That there was a restaurant and bar on site. The free wifi and shuttle service.

Good for business travellers
    • Comfort Twin Room

- If- like in our case - you don't travel with a car, getting around can be quite of a challenge: it takes about 1 hour to get to Amsterdam, and you need to change bus for a train. - Breakfast is quite expensive.

- If you travel with your own car, the hotel's location is perfect - close to Haarlem and Amsterdam. - There is a forest nearby with a lake and nice places to walk and bathe, as well as a cool beach bar. - Airport shuttle; a good place for business travellers.

Handy to airport and a comfortable stay for our stopover
    • Comfort Twin Room

We weren't aware that breakfast finished at 9am and even though we were at the dining room at 8.45 the staff were clearing everything away around us. However the waitress made us some bacon and eggs on request.

Free shuttle bus service.

Hard to find
    • Comfort Twin Room

there is a big flag that can be seen from the major roadway yet no indication on how to get into the premises. As I was travelling by bus and walking it was not easy to find. Even the entrance from the road had no signage.

Nice room, nice staff that is willing to help.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Airport shuttle is very confusing. It took us to the hotel,we went inside to check in and found out it wasn't the Bastion hotel I booked, apparently the shuttle drops you first at another Bastion hotel and you need to switch shuttles. No one explained how it works and we ended up roaming the streets trying to find our hotel by public transportation. The reception at the hotel told us the shuttle won't come back since it is after 23:15 and we have to take a taxi that would cost us at least 10 Euros. Eventually we got to our hotel about an hour later by bus. It was an unpleasant experience.

Nice room, nice staff that is willing to help.

Nice hotel
    • Comfort Twin Room

Room could be cleaner... dirty cups for tea/coffee. Also the dishes at the restaurant were not fully washed.

Good food, comfortable room. Free airport transfer. Free wifi worked very good.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Served our purpose of a place to recover from our jetlag.
    • Comfort Twin Room

Bathroom very small. We arrived for breakfast at 8.45 and food was finished. Staff were packing everything away on the dot of 9am. We were unaware of the time limit.

Bed very comfortable.

Nice if we give some details a miss!!!!
    • Comfort Twin Room

The room wasn't perfectly clean ☹️ We find dust everywhere in the room as the staff didn't vacuum, bad point! They made the beds without changing the linens, even the towels weren't change The kindness of the staff can not compensate these details..., I hope it's because the hotel seem almost complete

the beds were extremely comfortable even if they were one single...

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Quiet Area, good place to rest, free shuttle service from...
    • Comfort Twin Room

Access to public transport is bit difficult. No tram / metro access. Only public buses are available. Nearest bus stop is around 10 minutes walk-able distance.

Quiet Area, good place to rest, free shuttle service from Airport (Every 30 Minutes) from 6AM to 11PM Very good location for who drives cars.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Traveled with my Wife.
    • Comfort Twin Room

We waited a long time for the shuttle and then had to change to another shuttle to take us to this hotel Also i traveled with my wife, not a partner............A partner is someone you go into business with.