Reviews of Hotel Bellington 1 stars

P.C. Hooftstraat 78-80, Oud Zuid, 1071 CB Amsterdam, Netherlands

#332 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

I'd recommend Hotel Bellington to friends and family because it's an affordable and comfortable.
    • Basic Triple Room

only steep stairs leading up to the lobby and rooms, no elevator. small bathroom but clean and worked well.

location to train station was very close and easy to find. hotel staff was very friendly, accommodating, and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Lovely little hotel!
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Lovely little hotel! It was super clean and very comfortable. Great location too: it's close to art museums, and just ten minutes away from the center by walking.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The room is compact and comfortable, with all necessary...
    • Economy Triple Room

The door to the bathroom was difficult to close and then open, but my friends and I adapted for it.

The room is compact and comfortable, with all necessary facilities (like refrigerator or hair dryer). Close to the city center.

Great value and excellent location
    • Budget Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Very friendly staff at reception and extremely helpful. Had a great room with everything that was needed and it was in the perfect location to walk into the city and visit museums and parks.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Good small city hotel.
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

Tends to be a noisey route home for late night party goers - not great for a light sleeper (personally, it didn't wake me up but I can sleep on a telegraph wire.)

Great for window shopping....Chanel, Gucci, Fendi, Burberry, etc. Small room but fine for a city break. Good shower: hot and strong. Morning coffee about 5 mins walk. Good bars a little further. Round the corner from the Rijksmuseum. Bed was comfortable and plenty of towels. There was also a fridge in the room (handy for chocolate supplies.) Also a fan instead of aircon but it cooled the room efficiently even in this summer's heat.

Research about a hotel before going on holiday.
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

The the toilet was too small you couldn't set properly or comfortable. The room was very hot and if you try to open the window you can not go sleep because of too much noise. Even though you still hear noise when the window is close. The stairs are very small, there is high chances of falling or tripping over. Also there is no trust over the customers, for example I didn't had euros on me so I offered more pounds then the value of the room which was in euro and i asked them that I will pay you euro once I go outside and exchange my money, then you guys can give my pounds back and take euro. But unfortunately, they didn't want pounds and they want euro cash upfront. I feel like they don't trust me even thought that I offered more pounds then what it originally worth.

Great value

It was impossible to figure out how to close the window which was kind of creepy since the fire escape was just outside

We liked the location and or rooms

Cozy Amsterdam Digs
    • Standard Triple Room

Tiny room & bathroom, very steep narrow stairs with no elevator, no AC and mediocre ventilation. No closet space. Street facing rooms can be noisy late at night. Expensive.

Great location steps from the Rijksmuseum. Very courteous, helpful and friendly staff. Excellent public transit access. Upscale, less crowded, safe area.

The hotel was exactly as described and very clean towels and...
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

The only thing was we thought it was in the centre but it was actually near the museum district so it took us a while to locate it but there r tram stops right around the corner so wasn't bad

The hotel was exactly as described and very clean towels and bedding were changed every day. Will definitely be coming back and definitely recommend

• Basic Triple Room

Our room wasn't cleaned once, no lift, the danger of the stairs, and the receiptionist was rude and unwelcoming! Worst hotel I ever stayed in should of got a full refund when we first got there! Lack of facilities in the hotel aswell we couldn't even get a bottle of water! The place should be shut down

Three days, pleasant stay, highly recommend.
    • Standard Triple Room

Our room was on the third floor and there’s no lift, so it’d be challenging to climb up these edgy stairs.

The bed was extra comfy. Staff was extra polite. The best property location for its value ever.

Adequate
    • Basic Triple Room

Hugeeeeee flight of stairs and the stairs are ridiculously steep! I'm actually surprised no one fell down them on our trip. Also the shower had no flood barriers, and the toilet was right beside it making the whole floor of the bathroom wet anytime anybody showered. Also VERY noisy, during our stay we heard every noise from everybody who was on our floor, all of us got wakened a few times. Also didnt like how reception was in a different building.

The room had a good layout, beds weren't crammed into the one room. We had 3 single beds in the one room and there was plenty of space. Also the rooms were exceptionally clean and was in an excellant location. The street its located had loads of designer brands, right beside the Hard Rock Cafe.

The next time I am going to Amsterdam , I am looking for a different hotel.
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

- Walls are made of paper. Almost every word of a neighbor could be heard. - Money was blocked on credit card without notice. As we arrived at the hotel, receptionist said, it would take about 2 weeks for money to be returned to the bank account. This was not convenient in the first place to block the money. I wanted to pay as soon as I arrive to the hotel and it said the same in room description. - At first no real receipt was given, just a paper printed on a printer that I could print myself. Then they gave me the same paper without a signature, but with a stamp. - Staff entered the room to change towels, even though I said 4 times not to enter the room. We were inside the room at that time. - Soap jar in the shared toilette on another (the 3th) floor was sometimes empty. - Shower room is on another floor. - Door lock for the room is weak. Card keys sometimes stop working. - Water sometimes stayed in the water sink for up to 15 minutes in the hotel room. - We lived on the 4th floor. The stairs are crazy high. We were not notified that the stairs are so hard to climb. - There is an open door to the roof on the 4th floor that could not be closed. And it is pretty cold in April.

If you are ok with the cons I mentioned. - Bed, towels were good. - Location of the hotel is very good. Near the hotel there are many museums (Van Gogh, Rijksmuseum), bars and other interesting places.

It is really good located, near to the museums and the staff...
    • Budget Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I stayed for 3 nights and one of them I didn't receive the room clean, also while sharing a shower and toilet it was not always clean.

It is really good located, near to the museums and the staff provide you with really usefull information about the city and places to visit, take breakfast and everything.

very close to the main places in Amsterdam... but a very expensive place but loved every minute .
    • Basic Triple Room

The stairs that is my only downfall..

Very polite staff and helped with everything.. especially when we got to the airport and as being our first time we called the hotel and they told Imus what transport to use and where to get of very helpful ... so guys get the bus from the airport only 6euros instead of the taxis for 60Euro's

I would definitely return
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The only problem was the stairs were extremely steep and the bathroom being down a flight of stairs was annoying

The bed was really comfy and the location was perfect it was out of the way of all the madness but still within walking distance

Cheap and decent accomodation.
    • Standard Triple Room

The hotel could do with some redecoration.

Wasn't a bad hotel for the money. Beds were comfortable, room was clean and it was handy for the museums and transport links.

Perfect for museums & culture, father from main city centre attractions than expected.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

Stairs! V steep, hard to navigate with baggage and no elevator available. Also it’s 20-30 mins walk from main centre

Easily accessible from airport. And right beside all the best museums.

Would definitely stay again, clean nicely decorated room, good location and lovely staff.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

House keeping everyday which was good, and the receptionist was super helpful with everything we needed, advice on transport, lending me an adapter etc.

In one word, fabulous.
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Easily the friendliest staff I have ever encountered at a hotel. The receptionist was very helpful and gave me lots of great tips on how to navigate the city as well as some local hot spots to check out while I was in town.

Shower was very good
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

Bathroom was a bit small and got really wet when the shower was used Window didn't close fully Bed slightly too hard

Shower was very good Got very helpful map of city Very nice location Plenty of space Great value for money

great value for money and in great location
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

Still some food left in the fridge from a previous guest but otherwise there wad nothing wrong with the room!

Comfy bed, super friendly staff (gave us tips where to go in the city) and nice view. Also nice modern toilet/shower!

If you are not picky about wall paitings and rough details, go fo it and enjoy.
    • Budget Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The carpet in the room was wet I didn't know why; In the next morning , while I was using the sink in the room, I observed it leaking then I realized why the carpet was wet around it. Apart from that, it was all good.

The Hotel is good for the value I paid. The room was clean and tidy. It is located in an amazing place. The guy in the front desk was very kind waiting for me till mid-night after my calling telling that my train got deleyed and I had missed the connection.

I want come back in Amsterdam for the flowering spring..and I will choose the same hotel.

Really nothing..

The young man in the reception Martin was so polite and gave me a kettle for my coffee..the view of my room was a small garden with no exit..just yellow leafs ..no noises at all.the property was full booked but the guest were really quiet. Shower and toilet was on sharing..but I never found someone else in queue..my room was clean well organized not frills..a large Tv with BBC programs from UK..bed comfortable.. I should be with someone else would be maybe narrow..but the standard measures are like UK..in Italy we prefer larger beds..the hotel is in a road with high brands ..Bulgari Dolce&Gabbana Tesla..and more. Five minutes walk from Rijksmuseum and all other museums area. Ten minutes from Apple store..if someone is interested.. Behind us the VodelPark.. For the real city centre it is just twenty minutes walk...2 km from Anna Frank Museum..but really all the center city is at hand.

Absolutely awful
    • Budget Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It was the most scruffy place I ever stayed in, the paints all chipped, out dated, shower room is tiny. In side the room is very outdated, sink was massively cracked, curtains had burn holes in them, mattress kept sliding off the bed, paintwork was awful, paint was all chipped on the wall, the rooms smelt and when they cleaned it just stunk of bleach, there was a deadlock on the door but couldn’t use it cause there had been no hole put in the door frame, walls are paper thin so all I heard was talking and sex and worst of all when I arrived I was stood outside ringing the bell and phoning for over half hour with no answer I would never in a million years stay here again. I am turkey disappointed

It was in a good location

It was exactly as expected.
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

It was exactly as expected. Great location and reasonable price. Staff were very nice and helpful as we arrived early and could leave our bags there before check in and check out some tourist attactions

Good, can be better! I believe in you!
    • Small Double Room

Safe wasn’t working very well and sometimes the heater would overheat with very conventional controls. A lot of very narrow stairs .

The Hotel was in a very great location so close to the Rijksmuseum and very expensive shops. The bars were only a 5 minute walk and it was a 5 minute walk to the trams and the nearest bus. Taxi was expensive, if you make the mistake to believe there’s no public transport direct to the place save the €47 use the 197 bus! Very Friendly Courteous Staff and very helpful.

Lovely location facilities could be better. No lifts and steep stairs as expected in Holland
    • Standard Triple Room

No tea/coffee making facility or breakfast. More like a hostel room.

Very central excellent location to travel around the city without need for a car.

Bellington
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Beds kept moving around , holes in the wall and bathroom door, steep stairs

Location was perfect, staff were extremely helpful, and very affordable price

Enjoyed my stay, would stay here again for sure.
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

For staying at the very top room, the stairs are a nightmare with luggage, but its no big deal going up and down without any bags.

The Location was great, its about a 15 minute walk from dam square, but the area of this hotel is perfect. The Reception stayed open for an extra 2 hours for us with no charge applied, which I thought was extremely kind.

The guy at the reception was really friendly and showed us...
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no wi-fi in the room, contrary to what was promised in the description. The sink in the room leaks, there is a never-drying swamp on the carpet under it. Judging by the big stain on the ceiling, it happens in other rooms too. I would also appreciate it if there were a large note informing the visitors they have to tell in advance if they want to check out before 10 am (it is written somewhere in the rules, but I only noticed it when I was checking out).

The guy at the reception was really friendly and showed us places where we can go in Amsterdam on the map.

Great stay, clean rooms, good location

Steep staircase (which i was told about when communicating with the hotel staff before booking)

Staff was great. Location is nice and comfortable. Beda are comfy and rooms were clean! Staff did their bed to give us first floor rooms with the least pobbile stairs since we had a grandma with us. They ket us know that there still was a steep staircase to climb and pffered us fre cancellation if this did nOt work for grandma. Very customer friendly well done.

Really good location and you get a clean and nice room.
    • Standard Triple Room

Really good location and you get a clean and nice room. In a very quiet and good area, but not far away from busy restaurants, shops and pubs. Would defo come back!

Nice but couldnt been better
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

-Very run down -was way to hot with no air con -There was work going on which startd at 7am nd woke us up most mornings with very loud banging -was hard to hear tv as they had a sound limit on it

Good choice if you are into museums and don't mind staying at accommodation that is very basic
    • Standard Triple Room

In my opinion, this is more of a hostel than a hotel. The bathroom was very dirty, moistly and smelly. The walls are very thin so you can easily hear everyone on the floor. Room was cleaned only a couple of times during a 5 nights stay. Towels were changed only once. There is no kettle in the room, only a small fridge and TV. The beds are very narrow and it is easy to fall off them. Since there is no restaurant/cafe in the accommodation and you can't prepare coffee/tea in your room, you have to wait for cafes to open to have morning coffee, and none are open before 8AM. The property could use a renovation, definitely.

The location is excellent and connections to any part of the city are very easy with public transport. Also, there is a direct airport shuttle service bus stop close to the property. Prime museums are located very near to the property, and it is a fairly quiet neighborhood, with couple of cafes/bakeries and Albert Heijn store next to Stedelijk museum. Also, we had very good recommendations and advice from the staff at the property, which were friendly and helpful. The quality of WiFi was good. If you are into museums and don't mind staying at accommodation that is very basic, this might be good choice, since you can be among the first visitors and avoid long entrance cues at the museums. View from the windows is very nice.

Poor value for money
    • Small Double Room

The property is dirty and smells due to overcrowding of the rooms and poor ventilation. It is in need of decoration.

The location is great with Vondelpark close by.

Okay but improvements needed
    • Economy Quadruple Room

The steep stairs, as per other reviews, are a little nuisance, especially if you need to go to reception, which is next door. Some repairs are needed, such as the shower in our family room, which leaked. And frankly the stains in the carpet are an eye-sore.

The location is top, museum district on a street with shops, meaning quiet early morning and late night. The staff was helpful throughout our stay.

• Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

We didn't like the stairs. Lifting 4 heavy suitcases up there was awful. Rooms smelt very musty

The location was very central to transport and popular locations. Rooms were adequate.

Rude receptionist
    • Economy Quadruple Room

Our room was on the 3 floor/ and with the smallest stepest staircase it was a struggle to get the suitcases up. Not recommended for small kids... The guy in the reception was nice until we couldn't open the door... He came and told us it was no rocet science to get in. I guess he didn't like to climb 3 levels.... Will we recommend the hotel - no.

Perfect locations! Good beds.

4 nights, great location. needs a lot of improvement...
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

the biggest thing was the cleanliness of the room. it did have a nice smell but had not been properly cleaned for a long time, there were cobwebs and dust webs in the ceiling and a pretty hefty spider had made the room its home. the window frame was black from mold or something anyways pretty far from clean. the corridors were narrow and were pretty dirty and not well kept. the stairs were very steep, not a problem for the people in good shape, but for some it can be a problem (drunk, bad knees or just bad physical from). all in all this could be a great hotel if they would just CLEAN THE ROOMS PROPERLY, paint their hallways and generally maintain the property location is good the staff is good.

the location was very good, in a really high end shopping street. just minuets away from 2 beautiful parks (vondel park and museum pleijn) also leidsepleijn is 5 minuets walk from there. the guy at the front desk was very helpful and nice. the bathroom although small was clean enough. also the housekeeping staff neatly put our things away. our room had a television that worked fine, also we had a mini fridge that was handy for cooling beers.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Really enjoyed having a balcony with a view of trees!
    • Standard Triple Room

I filtered our hotel choice with parking availability and I checked the box asking for a parking space. There is no parking for this hotel and we paid €36 for 24 hours of parking.

Really enjoyed having a balcony with a view of trees!!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Excellent location, dreadful hotel. Avoid.
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

The hotel reception and rooms are effectively in different buildings - both of which are only accessible via very steep and narrow stairs. This means you climb up the stairs to check in, only to find you have to go back down and outside again to access your room. The room itself was dreadful. Small and very rough around the edges. The plug sockets were hanging off the wall, there was a hole in the (tiny) bathroom door, everything was completely worn out. The bathroom was so small you had to leave the door open to sit down. I was travelling alone, but I can't imagine it would be much fun if you were sharing the room. The shower was in the same space as the toilet - so it was pretty nasty. The shower curtain kept on getting stuck to me. I imagine this happened to the previous 100 guests too. Nice. Don't be fooled by the photographs on the website, they must have spent some time choosing their angles carefully. The only hotel I can think of which was worse than this was one I found in central Nepal - and that was only 50p per night.

The location was excellent. It was in exactly the right part of the city for the conference I was attending. The street is quiet and full of luxury shops.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Great value for money
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

Could have been cleaner, we seen some cobwebs but it wasn't a big deal everything else was clean.

The rooms have everything you need, great location, great value for money.

Perfect Location to Shop, Walk, Bike - Good inexpensive alternative for businesspeople
    • Budget Double Room with Shared Bathroom

A little expensive if you don't reserve far enough in advance. Only one bathroom and shower are shared by 11 rooms. But the hotel is very small with good service, clean appearance and again well-located.

It was very utilitarian and clean and small. Three long flights of stairs helped to keep me in shape while in Amsterdam. It is expensive if you wait until the last minute to book, but try booking way in advance on a Wednesday or Thursday for the best deals. It is so well-located near the Van Gogh museum, a lovely bike and walking trail among trees that ends in one direction at a lovely pond. It is right in the middle of high priced shopping, and a good grocery market is just 4 blocks away.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Superb location and superb manager!

Our flight arrived at 10:20pm, but there were only 2 immigration officers on duty and the arrivals filled up with about 4-5 flights worth of people and it took us over 3 hours to get out. (Schipol Airport is not the swiftest or efficient!) But the manager, Martin, waited up for us to check us in...didn't charge us extra for arriving after midnight and throughout our stay, he was nothing but SUPER HELPFUL!!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Super valuable
    • Quadruple Room with Private Bathroom

No elevator, children and the olds may be careful, the steps are steep No kitchen or even a kettle The reception is 10am-22pm!!

The location is perfect, within 5min walk to the bus stop (to the central station, airport). Also 5min walk to the Van Gogh museum and The Rijksmuseum. I lived in the loft, good view with big windows. Have heater and a small fridge.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Great budget hotel
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom was shared between everyone in the hotel and our tv didn't work. Although this was not much of an issue as we weren't often in the hotel

Room was very comfortable and large. Great location and helpful staff, although the reception is only manned until 10pm

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Personally a convenient location.

Its hard to get around on foot because of many layerd traffic! One can strain his brain by crossing a street. For me Amsterdam is a city you want to be able go around places outside typical center in different directions where expctations can only be met by a bike. And thats not always handy for tourists.

Personally a convenient location. Close to the bus-stop. And on the Schipol side of the city.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Fantastic location
    • Standard Triple Room

Include a tea/coffee maker in the room

Excellent location of the hotel near museums and Vondalpark. Cleanliness of the room Spacious room for 3 people Friendly service

We got a shared bathroom and it wasn't even on the same...
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We got a shared bathroom and it wasn't even on the same floor as the hotel room, and the balcony was catastrophic! Comfy bed and great location, but not worth the money :(

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Brilliant hotel for the price!
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

it was way too small..... when you sit on the toilet ur literally staring at the door 😂

amazing location! on the high class street Louis voitton prada Gucci etc all in the one Street as hotel! the nxt street has iamsterdam sign,van gogh and reisk museum.....at the opposite side of hotel in the nxt street is vondlepark.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Location was great, the receptionist Martin i think his name...
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

You have to go outside to reach the reception, so when my room key did not work and I stood there barefoot from the shower, I had to ask neighbouring guests to help me and go to reception for me. Shower and toilets are shared with everyone, narrow. Stairs are steep, but thats understandable as it is Amsterdam. Room was pretty small, no closet there. Good for one or two nights in city center, but for longer time I would look something else.

Location was great, the receptionist Martin i think his name is was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean, smelled nice, had a little balcony. Bed is comfortable. Paid 41 euro for 1 night 2 people, so value was good.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Location is pretty good, close to all the museums we wanted...
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Location is pretty good, close to all the museums we wanted to visit, it was only 40 min to airport and close to transport links. The receptionist was pretty cool, he explained everything on the map. It's a pity we didn't get breakfast included, cause the area and Amsterdam is not too cheap for food. However, the receptionst showed us where to find some bakeries,and thanks to him we found the best place for breakfast which is called something like Bagels & ( beans ????). We were surprised to come back in our room and to see that it was tidied up every single time. Thank you very much. It was a good stay, and if we are in Amsterdam- we stay only in hotel bellington!

New years fun
    • Budget Double Room with Shared Bathroom

If the hotel could provide a parking spot It would surely become top of my list for traveling to the city and recommending It to friends

Extremely helpful and kind staff.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

great location.
    • Budget Double Room with Shared Bathroom

steep stairs without elevator is one thing.. but over ten rooms sharing a single bathroom and a shower room?? that is kinda insane.

great location. comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

I hate the hotel, the pictures on the site doesn't looks like the place at all. Its rubish
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I hate all the place. The pictures on the site doesn't look like the place at all; looks like those hotel pictures was from 20 years ago and now the hotel looks completely rubish.

Theres nothing that i like

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Worth the value. Is getting better. Good location.
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

They were under renovation so there was no working sink in the shared toilet. The toilet was also missing toilet paper at times. The floors were wooden boards and so it was quite loud in the morning or evening when people walked by. The room felt nice but all else felt like it needed work. Although they are in the right path.

The room was small but had a sink, tv and comfortable bed with a nice view. The price seemed reasonable and the room was cleaned each day. The shower was shared but newly renovated and nice. The staff was kind and helpful on things to do and they rented cheap nice bikes.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Hostel in the center of the city.
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

Frankly, we did not expect this. It is clear that in the city center in one of the most expensive cities in Europe is difficult to find for this money something decent. But, nevertheless, not in that dreadful as it turned out .. Terrible smell of chlorine from the toilet had to kill the smell of sewage. he walls are painted with paint, but without plaster, just to give a fresh appearance for the room. Bath and toilet are very small, raw. In the room there are no closets. Outerwear is offered to hang on a hanger over the table. Audibility lets you know when the neighbors go to the toilet and take a shower) Mattress very soft and uncomfortable. Reception in the neighboring entrance. About staircase is all written here. Older people, and families with small children have nothing to do here. No food in the hotel. Maybe it was before, but now is not. Money for the booking was taken off a month before that.

Perfectly located. Just a few minutes walk from the museums. Near no noisy objects. On the street are only expensive boutiques and all of them close early in the evening. There is large supermarket In the museums area. We were pleasantly pleased with its own balcony. The window looked out onto other street, very quiet street with trees.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Cheap but well worth it
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Wasn't really anything I didn't like

Beds were very comfortable, staff were friendly and it was on a very nice street right beside the I Amsterdam sign

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Felt like a small hostel.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The shabbiness of the carpets, they were ripping all over. It felt dirty.

The gentleman who cleaned the rooms did a good job. ataff was nice. Rooms are cutely updated, but the carpet and bathrooms haven't been updated in 50 years. Location is killer amazing.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

The bed was really comfy the room was okay it did the basics.
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

The bed was really comfy the room was okay it did the basics. The staff were great helped by pointing out places on the map for breakfast, supermarket etc.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Don't be misled by the pictures!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

As you wall thought the door, you see an old carpet. The stairs were squeeky. It was sometimes hard to get into the room. The price I paid for the room I would say was too much. I was expecting a nice looking hotel room but the bathroom door had a hole in it. The mirror look really old. The location is good if you are planning to just stay around the south of the city. If you are planning to be going into the city centre, like I did every day, it is a bit of a walk... About 20-30 minutes walk(depending on the walking speed). It would be a far better idea to get a private room in a hostel which would have been closer to the city centre. For €141,for 2 nights,it is too expensive for the kind of a place it is and where it is. Also, don't be misled, like I was. The website says the hotel has storage but it is not a lockable one. It's just a cupboard next to the reception desk without the possibility of making it secure.

I liked the fact that the place had a mini fridge.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great location, good space, clean rooms
    • Standard Triple Room

Shower drain was a bit slow, so water built up on the floor of the bathroom

Great location, good space, clean rooms

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The staff were friendly

The stairs were torture

The staff were friendly

Very good location

Very good location

Our stay was short but nice.
    • Economy Triple Room

There have been works in the building on the other side of the toad what wake us ap at 7 am

The location was really nice.

No air conditioning in the room to warm

No air conditioning in the room to warm

Staffs was very helpful and kind.
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Staffs was very helpful and kind.

Couple stay
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

It was not very clean, spiderwebs!! Not so good wifi.

Location, comfortable beds, big balcony, very nice receptionists, quiet.

The location of the hotel is perfect, easy to commute about.
    • Small Double Room

The long winding narrow staircase was difficult to haul the luggage up

The location of the hotel is perfect, easy to commute about.

Very clean room, helpful staff, above all simply unbeatable...
    • Basic Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared toilet and shower.

Very clean room, helpful staff, above all simply unbeatable location.

Good

Everything is close

For a budget hotel the location was great and matched our expectations
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

Steep narrow steps up to room

Location excellent. Fridge in room. We were in attic & roof window and another window allowed light and fresh air

Rubish