Reviews of The Bridge Hotel 3 stars

Amstel 107 - 111, Amsterdam City Centre, 1018 EM Amsterdam, Netherlands

#100 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

• Twin Room with Canal View

Nothing. We came for the second time.

Good location and at the same time quiet away from busy tourist area. Nice people at reception. We got a room downstairs so we did not have to hit all the stairs.

• Twin Room with Canal View

When you pay 250 Euro per night (for one person!) I think you can expect e.g. a safe in the room, coffee/tea making facilities, soap in the separate toilet room.... Breakfast was "average" - e.g. no fresh fruit, the cheese was cut hours in advance (dry edges). On Sunday morning the bread was out after 1 hour and 15 minutes! The staff was not effective nor trained in how to run a breakfast restaurant.

The location is perfect. You can walk to most of the top attractions. Tram and metro lines are close to the hotel. The area is very quiet.

• Twin Room with Canal View

Only oddity in the room were the 2 steel lockers serving as a wardrobe. Quirky but did the job! The lounge had no comfortable seating just chairs at tables.

The size of the room was larger than expected as was it's bathroom. There was a separate wc. Tea and coffee were served in the lounge 24/7 free of charge. Breakfast was included and reasonable.

• Basic Twin Room with Skylight

Breakfast was lovely. Especially the Ham. We had a skylight room without windows. We usually just sleep at the hotel and for that this hotel worked fine. Everything is within walking distance and it was quiet so we had a good sleep. If we go to Amsterdam again this will definitely be our hotel again

Can't think of a thing.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Great location, close to transportation, restaurants, etc. I loved that they made you tea or coffee, cappuccino, expresso when ever you went to the desk and asked for it. The cappuccino was delicious.

Stairs up to reception but I was helped with my heavy case so wasn’t a prob

The staff were awesome and must have seen I was tired when I arrived so asked would I like to pay later. Plus a nice brekky was supplied and cups of coffee,or whatever your preference on demand in the family room.

• Twin Room with Canal View

Slightly out of the centre-about 20 minutes walk to get to centre but easy access to transport.

Very comfortable and large rooms. Good breakfast selection.

Staff was not friendly, overpriced for location. I also had a room near the concert venue next door so had to listen to loud thumping music. The staff wasn't even responsive to complaints about the noise.

Room was clean

• Twin Room with Canal View

Stairs for luggage but only 3 levels max .

Excellent location ,nice light rooms ,very good for its rating .Breakfast very good . Could walk to many things . Very good shopping ,food and walks all within 1 Km.

• Twin Room with Canal View

Need more choice at breakfast for gluten free or lactose free people. Supplied white gf bread ( not great ) and soya milk..would have been nice to have brown bread or rolls and lactofree yoghurts. Good breakfast if not gluten or lactose intolerant.

Location was peaceful and you could watch the boats go along the canals. Not in a central location, but within walking distance of all the attractions. Metro and tram are available nearby if you need them. Very friendly staff and always on hand. Tea and coffee available 24 hours in the lounge ( no kettle in rooms). Quiet in the hotel, so a restful place to stay.

Turned out we liked it all.

Quiet out of the way shortwalk to metro or tram to anywhere, places to eat and drink all around. Fantastic buffet breakfast, friendly staff. No AC but a good fan.

• Twin Room with Canal View

Very hard to drag bags up those steep stairs. Would be worth paying a few euros more to have a porter

Loved the two balconies and spacious room and bathroom with great hot water

• Basic Twin Room with Skylight

Hotel has no doorman or personnel to assist with heavy bags. The bags had to be lugged up two flights of stairs to get to the lobby. Being older and with jet lag, I fell while going up the stairs carrying my luggage. The hotel is not air conditioned; we we're there during a heat wave. The room was below street level-yes, below street level! Now the bags had to be lugged down a set of stairs. No windows (although they said it did not have windows) made room dark and with little ventilation-uncomfortable.

Location was just what we wanted-on the canal and near the center of town. Brunch was great with a lot of choice. Room was clean. Nice to be able to leave bags in a secure area while touring before checking into the room.

The overnight cost compared with hotels I have stayed in other countries was high, especially for a small single room. The buffet breakfast was limited and average. I know Amsterdam overall is expensive.

The hotel was clean, the staff were extremely helpful and courteous and the location was excellent, right on a canal with easy access for walking. The amount of local maps and promotional material at reception was very helpful.

Althoug we knew there was no lift, it can be a problem. Especially if you come for couple of days and your bag is heavy - be preapred to carry it upstairs. Breakfast on Sunday starts at 8am, so if you have to leave earlier for airport, they will only prepare some bread and cheese&ham for you, nothing more. Still, it wasn't a big issue.

The breakfast was tasty and there was a lot of choice. Several kinds of bread, cheese and ham, good coffee. Enough space to eat, even if you're with a bigger group. The hotel's location is superb - close to Hermitage, Gassan Diamonds, within walking distance to the centre (around 20 minutes). The view at Amstel river and one of canals is amazing. We had a 4 person room on top floor and I do recommend it if you're going with a bunch of friends. It's hard to get a room so big in Amsterdam. The staff is very nice, helpful and welcoming.

• Basic Twin Room with Skylight

Our room didn't have a window, only a skylight, but we knew this when we booked so it didn't effect our experience or stay at all.

Close enough to walk to all main attractions, room was very clean and the bed was nice and comfy, the room was also available when we arrived which was a plus!

There were lots of stairs and we felt pretty worn out carrying cases up because it was very hot (we knew this before booking though so expected it). Area wise, I personally prefer to be near the busy dam square/red light area but if you want a quieter area this would be ideal.

Staff were very helpful sorting out taxis and airport taxis for us. We enjoyed the continental breakfast- loved the fresh bread and rolls. Quadruple room and loft 'gold' apartment were spacious and comfortable.

• Basic Twin Room with Skylight

The shower arrangement with no curtain or lip meant there was water everywhere. The bathroom faucet needed an aerator because it splashed a lot.

Great location; friendly and helpful staff. Easy check-in and check-out. Comfortable bed. An excellent experience.

No Air condition, No safety locker and No Lifts. Receptionist needs to be polite during the Check in process as that is the first impression. In order to defend their hotel facilities they make personal comments " this is amsterdam and not your country you coming from". They are money minded and not customer oriented.

Location is good. Easy to commute to all attractions.

I didn’t like that I had to request to have the floor sweep between nights. Our sheets got dirty easily due to the floors. I also had to ask to have dirty glasses and empty bottles removed as they were left for days.

I enjoyed our stay here. I really liked the location as it was close to everything, but not too busy. The staff was nice and helpful.my favorite thing was that our room was on the canal and our view was if the water.

• Twin Room with Canal View

The furnishing and room finish felt a little dorm-like. Climbing up the stairs with a heavy suitcase.

Family owned and not a chain hotel. The history of the building was interesting. Great view of the canal from large operable windows.

• Twin Room with Canal View

The building had no elevator and many staircases to the upper floors so ask for a groundfloor room of you can’t handle stairs. It is mentioned om the website so I was well aware of this.

Superb location, close to the Hermitage and pretty along the Amstel Canal. Not far from Rembrandt Plein. The room was spacious, the bed comfortabele. A nice breakfast.

Curtains could have been much thicker to shut out more light. More choice of cereals & fruit at breakfast. (We suggest some cut fruit like pineapple, mango & orange as whole fruit disappears fast.)

The facility for obtaining served drinks in a room beside reception was really good and much more comfortable/enjoyable than making a drink in your own room.

• Twin Room with Canal View

Room lighting a bit low. Maybe a storage rack for cases rather than floor - better for older backs.

Staff very helpful. Breakfasts had plenty of choices. Room spacious. Plenty of choices to eat out.

There was only one free outlet in the whole room for charging my devices so I had to do a lot of juggling.

The hotel has small rooms but it was surprisingly effective for my needs and had a large and well appointed bathroom for such a small room.

Was a multi congress day that day and hotels were expensive so value for money was terrible Hard bed Cheap entrance setting/decoration Cheap breakfast lacked fresh fruits Reception staff just ok

Bedroom/shower room were good

It was set out like an office, had lockers for wardrobes. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting! There was no facilities such as vending machines or snacks to buy. Breakfast was very limited, us brits love a good fry up, they only had toast and salad. There was bugs constantly in my room and they overcharged us when we paid to what booking.com actually said. There was no tea/coffee facilities in the room, it was very very basic considering we actually paid £200 a night, I'd have been happy to pay that being in the centre but this wasn't even close, but there was a lot of nice stuff around it

The staff we're very friendly, nice location to be in, room was just okay

Nil 😊

It's location, next to the famous Maagere brug(Skinny bridge), also a brisk 20-30min walk from central station, in a lovely quiet area. Staff were absolutely brilliant In everyway. Safe was at reception, had a baggage holding facility so you continue sightseeing after checking out. Got bag and could rest in communal rest room and hot offered tea and coffee with biscuits and could use toilets. Bedroom was simple, best bathroom of all hotels stayed in on our trip, most comfortable bed, everything was clean, excellent breakfast, very quiet and had a courtyard terrace to relax in. Highly recommended and would go there again.

• Twin Room with Canal View

The room was ok, tea making facilities would of been nice. The end of the trip was spoilt for me by two members of staff. while we waited for a cab one of the cleaners (the older one) and a member of staff were irritated by us waiting on the sofas and stood behind the desk talking about us. Just because I speak English they assumed I didn't understand what was being said and even if I couldn't their body language made their negative feelings very clear. This made me feel very uncomfortable and viewing the staff as very unprofessional. I didnt say anything at the time as I had my son with me. Also I didn't understand why there was loads of old grubby second hand household items by the breakfast room, especially the disgusting orthopedic boot, which actually made me feel ill. The photos were better then reality. I would of contacted the hotel about this, if I had not been sent an email to rate the hotel.

The balcony from our room.

For us British citizens, the breakfast was very very limited. Nothing hot to eat and the milk you couldn’t use in cereal or tea as it wasn’t nice at all. Room was nice and clean, great canal view, just a shame about the breakfast. Staff were okay on attending our needs

Very convenient clean comfortable and friendly staff that go out of their way to be helpful, a great place to stay. An added bonus is they provide a kettle teabags and milk for that important first cuppa in the morning !

Carrying my luggage up all the stairs.

The property was in a fabulous location. Right on the canals, close to trans and great bars and pubs. The breakfast was very good choice too.

Can't think of anything.

Light and airy room with a view over the canal. Small bathroom but adequate. Bed was very comfortable with a good bedding, the pillow was soft and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful with all our queries. Breakfast choice good, the bread was particularly delicious!

Great hotel, excellent location and very friendly and helpful staff. Lovely breakfast and rooms were clean and comfy. Will definitely stay here again when I return to Amsterdam!

Lucky to have my husband carry my suitcase up the stairs!

Great variety in included breakfast. Loved the view of the canal behind the hotel that we could see out our window.

• Twin Room with Canal View

The included breakfast was OK but minimal. The hotel does not have a lift and that could be a problem if one was on an upper floor.

The location was right on the Amstel River, close to all of the venues we were interested in. It was an easy walk to Rembrant Square, the Museum Quarter, the Flower Market and even the Red Light District!

• Twin Room with Canal View

There's no lift in this hotel, so be prepared to carry your luggage up stairs.

This was a quiet hotel close to entertainment and restaurants. We were delighted with the spacious room and little balcony that was ideal for resting on a warm spring day. The staff were very helpful in answering questions and guiding us on our day visits.

Maybe a little more choice of breakfast options :)

The location was fantastic, the staff were helpful and freindly, the room was quiet and the bed comfy.

Can't think of anything.

Although a 3 star hotel which we had some doubts about initially. We were pleasantly surprised. Hotel right on one of the main canals and near to Rembrandtsplein great for evening walks and drinks and near to the metro so easy travelling from the airport. A very large room and bathroom with walk in shower. Lots of good lighting, mirrors, chairs and coffee table. Excellent comfy bed and pillows. Continental breakfast but lots of everything. Tea and coffee available 24 hours a day near reception. Also at a reception a large glass bowl of sweets to take out on a day of walking. We would definitely consider staying here again.

• Twin Room with Canal View

The hotel exceeded my expectations. Super selection for breakfast. If I had to change one thing that would be to have slightly bigger bath towels however this is minor. Superb location, thoroughly enjoyed walking around Amsterdam.

• Twin Room with Canal View

Great room, view of canal, comfy bed, excellent staff, super breakfast.....best of all - location, within walking distance of everything. Really enjoyed stay. Thank you.

• Twin Room with Canal View

Everything is great, I have no objections, location, comfort, kindness and I wonder why this hotel has only 3 stars. Maybe because there is no elevator and is not suitable for everyone. Choose a room with a view of the canal it's so beautiful! I do not know what other rooms are without a view. For me it was a wonderful stay and I'll come back again.

• Basic Twin Room with Skylight

The only thing that spoilt it was the room, no window - only a skylight. However, I booked and seemed to have missed that point so can’t complain.

Staff were excellent, very friendly, could get tea/coffee 24 hrs per day, boiled sweets in the Lobby 😁. Lots of information on Amsterdam available and travel guides. Breakfast was plentiful- what made it great was the staff - friendly.

No real style, concept or continuity of decor other than basic, bland and a little cheap.

Beds comfy, great location, very clean but basic rooms and decor. Over-priced at €190 per night.

Rooms are quite old, and require renovation a bit.

Hotel has an excellent location - it is in 15 min walk from the main city center, also you can easily reach metro or tram station. And also the neighborhood is very nice and quiet! Rooms lacks furniture a little, but are warm and clean. Breakfast is good. Hotel staff is very helpful!

Room furniture a bit spartan. No drawers to store socks etc., and wardrobe consisted , in our room anyway, of metal lockers, the kind you see in American high school movies. My wife thought they were maybe trying to create a theme. Perhaps, but I'm not at all convinced.

Friendly staff, clean hotel, breakfast to suit everybody. Easy to find. No 9 tram from station, get off at Waterlooplein. You can buy a ticket on the tram ( they only accept a card, no cash.} Suggest you buy a 3 day card, or however many days you are going to be there. You can buy this in the magazine/bookshop just to the right of the train ticket desk at the airport when you arrive. At the Waterlooplein stop turn right and head back towards the bridge, about 50 yards or so, and turn left just before it. River is on your right. Walk about 4-5 hundred yards passing Hemitage museum on your left. On your right and over the river you will see an unusual bridge crossing carrying only bikes and people ( no cars) The hotel is only a few yards further on, and next to the theatre.

• Quadruple Room

The hotel is in historical buildings without lift, hard for holding luggage to the studio that on the top floor. May consider to supply luggage services to help guests with heavy luggage.

Very functional studio with beautiful canel view near bridge; enough space for daily routines indoor. Very thoughtful design for bathroom and toilet. perfect breakfast; and the service is quite nice.

• Apartment

All good got used to the stairs but knew about that beforehand

Superb location and views, very helpful and friendly staff, secure hotel highly recommend

A bit smaller, Spartan rooms (as expected), but still comfortable and worth the value

A lovely hotel in a quieter neighborhood, but close enough to walk to attractions and busier areas

• Twin Room with Canal View

The fact it didn’t have a lift and had to go up steep stairs to go to our room but they offered us a ground floor room but it didn’t have the lovely view.

Fantastic view with lovely large windows to take it all in . In a great position with all amenities near by .

• Twin Room with Canal View

It was basic, but nothing i didnt like really.. 24hr receptions was great and staff where lovely, helpful

Beautiful view from our room of canal. Fabulous location, easy access too public transport.

• Twin Room with Canal View

That the luggage store wasn't locked given the level of security these days this should be reviewed

Room was very clean and comfortable. Good location and great breakfast

Shower stall and sink could have been bigger.

Buffet breakfast was included in the price that we paid for our room. Good variety of food choices. Coffee and tea available to guests 24 hours. Located on the Amstel River near the Skinny Bridge...walking distace to Centraal, Museum Square, Rembrandt Square, Jordaan neighbohood, etc. Tram stop nearby.

• Twin Room with Canal View

The wordrobe is a steel case, for short stay is ok.

Location is really nice. Room is big. Breakfast is good. Room had a nice balcony with view to the Amstel and a gate.

• Quadruple Room

Insufficient lighting in room. Breakfast a bit dull (could use some fruit...). Too many stairs. Weak wifi.

Great view from hotel window. Comfortable beds. Spacious room. Clean. Friendly staff.

• Apartment

Our apartment was on fourth floor and there was nor elevator neither a person who could help us carry our heavy suitcases. The staff said that they could not help us. Also they didn’t have daily cleaning for our apartment.

It wasn’t a problem for me, but just to flag up that there is no lift, so beware; there are a number of stairs to negotiate.

This was one of the best 3* hotels I’ve stayed in. A family run hotel, clean, warm with very friendly staff. A large, light breakfast room with a selection of continental breakfast food. It’s location is, perhaps, the best of all. Tucked on the edge of the Jewish quarter, next to a beautiful theatre and off the beaten track canals, it is delightful.

This is a sweet, cozy, pleasant hotel, with a great location very close to the center, museums and other attractions, right on one of the Amsterdam canals next to a very famous "Skinny bridge". A room was fairly comfortable and very clean. Staff nice and approachable. Great breakfast with many food choices! I will return to this hotel for sure!

Comfortable bed. Good wifi. Room was canal level so interesting view! Not too far from Weesperplein metro station, but not a lot in the immediate area.

• Twin Room with Canal View

Room had dust even below the bed all of our entire stay. Breakfast should have more variety such as eggs and some pastery.

The hotel is really well located and the beds are comfortable

The amount of stairs to get to our room. Also it’s a 20 min walk to Dam square so if your not a walker I wouldn’t recommend.

We had the suite and loved the space we had. Beds were really comfy :)

• Twin Room with Canal View

Unfortunately, there were a smell in the room which was very annoying as we had to open the windows very often with minus 3 degrees, till we realize it was useless because the smell was coming from the sheets. Breakfast was very standard, nothing special.

Our room had a wonderful view (as we asked) at the Amstel river and the room was spacious.

There was one man on after 11 on Tuesday 13th who was quite rude when I asked for a cup of tea as there were no tea making facilities in the room. Perhaps of he doesn't like his job he should leave or the hotel should have tea making facilities in the room. He made me feel like I was disturbing him. Was quite unhappy and shocked as everyone else on reception during my stay was more than lovely.

The beds were super comfy. Most of the staff were very friendly. Breakfast was lovely. Very laid back atmosphere.

• Quadruple Room

The only thing I can comment on is the hairdryer is not very powerful so you may want to bring you’re own.

This hotel was perfect! Great location, within a 20 minute walk of most places but in a quieter area so you got a good night sleep. We stayed in one of the studio apartments which had a seating area, kitchen area and breakfast bar which were great additions! All areas were spotless. We were in the top floor and there is no lift (and some quite steep stairs) but most places in Amsterdam have stairs to them. The breakfast was really good, a selection of bread, cheese and cold meats, hard boiled eggs, yoghurts, cereals and fruit. The staff were really helpful and printed out some tour tickets for us (I noticed a computer and printer in the lounge area afterwards) and they booked our taxi to the airport. I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Amsterdam!

• Twin Room with Canal View

No lift to take up luggage

Comfortable bed, beautiful view, friendly and helpful staff and excellent, quiet location but close to many attractions, very good breakfast

The pictures make this hotel look better than it is. It is pretty plain and basic (but clean) so I wouldn't book it again unless I got a super deal (which I did this time, whew!).

The Bridge Hotel is in a great location in Amsterdam! It is right on a canal so you get great views and you can walk to many of the sights within ~15 minutes. If you don't like to walk there is a Metro stop on the corner or you can walk a bit further to get a tram. There is a lovely bar on the corner as well which gets crowded but is a good place to meet a variety of people. The staff was accommodating; I didn't partake of the breakfast.

Location is just perfect, you can walk anywhere! Maximum time to walk to almost any attraction in Amsterdam is 20 minutes. Staff was very friendly and attentive, room is quite big for Amsterdam, beds were super comfortable, great sleep quality! Breakfast was very good but nothing especially notable. Overall, I am very satisfied with Bridge Hotel and I would definitely come here again. Thank you Bridge hotel we really enjoyed our stay at your hotel.

• Basic Twin Room with Skylight

Few channels on tv (but it’s not a real problem)

Everything’s perfect during our journey. The room’s clean, comfortable and the breakfast was full of food. Good position (few minutes from metro) and near of a huge street (plenty of stores, bar, restaurants, etc).

View from the room and the breakfast was basic.

The hotel is in a great location on the river, however the room faced a wall and was quite misleading when booking a twin online as to what view you got. This was a let down when we arrived. The breakfast was fine, it would have been great to have some pastries and fresh fruit as by day two it was boring. All in all a very nice hotel, facilities basic but good, bed very comfy and the team were lovely.

• Twin Room with Canal View

Had to ask desk staff for coffee from machine.

Rooms with view over canal. Comfortable bed. Location excellent. Found a friendly local pub at the end of the street. Good choice for breakfast. Desk staff very helpful. Restaurant staff made sure a wide range of food was always available.

There was no mini fridge in the room. Also, huge wastage with shampoo and shower gel "samples".

The staff who worked at breakfast bufé is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are always clean even though the cleaning products are smelly and the odor stays for a while...

A great choice and would definitely recommend. breakfast was also good!! location is a 20 min walk to museum area and also to shopping area. 24 hour staff who were very helpful

• Quadruple Room

The room we stayed in was of very comfortable standards. The beds themselves were rather comfortable not the case for most hotels. All round very good hotel and would stay again

• Twin Room with Canal View

Maybe next time have a double bed on offer. As me and my girlfriend felt to separate at night.

The staff were super helpful. Tea at point in the day. Didn’t rush us when it was time to check out. Super nice room. Way bigger than I expected.

• Twin Room with Canal View

All floors were laminate, which meant guests coming in very late were very noisy. We spent three nights and every night, I was disturbed by other guests literally stomping on the floors.

The bed was super comfy with a thick duvet. Staff decorated the room for our arrival (21st birthday), which was lovely and a surprise for my friend.

Browse The Bridge Hotel traveller photo gallery