Reviews of Best Western Delphi Hotel 4 stars

Apollolaan 101-105, Oud Zuid, 1077 AN Amsterdam, Netherlands

#282 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

• Small Double Room

Bike rental available directly from the hotel. Very cozy place with a nice vibe. I even had balcony attached to my room so I could step outside and enjoy street views and test the weather before heading downstairs! I was on the 3rd floor and enjoyed the city views and fresh air. The bed was a REAL double bed and comfortable--no bait and switch giving me a single bed when I booked a double! I would stay here again. It's a bit pricey, but if I were going to splurge a little I'd certainly return. Great location to feel close to the heart of the center, but away from noisy bars. I didn't try their breakfast, but the free coffee in the lobby really hit the spot. The staff were all pleasant. A great place I recommend!

no complaints

I loved this hotel. The room was exceedingly comfortable and breakfasts were very generous. The staff were lovely, kind and easy to work with, from room cleaners to desk people. Because I spend considerable time at museums when I'm in Amsterdam, the Delphi's location, just a lovely 10-15 minute walk to Museumplein, was ideal. Beethovenstraat is a lively commercial street nearby, yet the small residential streets running off of it in this handsome neighborhood remain quiet and very lovely. The hotel's location offers the best of both worlds! And for longer non-walking excursions, the hotel is located near many tram routes that go everywhere in the city.

• Comfort Twin Room

You cannot really improve it unless it would be to provide collapsible chair on balcony. Otherwise, it was perfect.

The breakfasts and refreshments available throughout the day were delicious. All the staff were cheerful and obliging and we felt as though we were truly welcomed and valued. They were delightful. Our room was so comfortable, the wifi worked easily and well and we had a balcony overlooking a garden which was an extra treat. Thank you.

Absolutely nothing.

Beautiful room, incredibly helpful and friendly staff, hotel is in a lovely quiet suberb with bars, restaurants and shops a short stroll away. Easy access to the tram and bus stops to get you to and from the busier parts of Amsterdam. Excellent stay definitely recommend!!

• Superior Twin Room

Fine stay, but it is definitely not up to the standards of a 4 star hotel. Rooms are too small —way more than expected, and we booked a Superior—, facilities are really kept to the basics and, overall, the sensation with which one leaves the hotel is that the value wasn’t worth the money paid.

Conveniently located on just a 10 / 15 - minute walk from some of the city’s most vibrant spots (Museumplein, Leidseplein...), and a 25-minute walk from the old city centre. Also easy to reach taking tram n.5 from Centraal.

• Small Double Room

Pretty cold in the room. I saw other guests borrowed a heater, but I decided I would survive for one night. Small room.

Good location, close to Amsterdam Zuid. Clean. Good bed. Excellent breakfast (not included in the price, but worth 15 eur). Free tea and cofee, fruits. Value for money.

• Small Double Room

The Gentleman at the reception was fantastic! He was very attentive and helpful with all my questions.and helped me figure things out like where to go to eat, and how to get there..The hotel was alright, but the staff was 5 star!

• Suite

Room heating was poor the room keys did not work we had to be taken and let in to my room by the attendant

I got the last room which was a suite very nice but very expensive

• Small Double Room

When we checked-in we found a couple of strangers hair in our bed, we reclaimed it, after that we still found hair in our bed. We wanted to drink some tea, but our tea cups were so dirty, that we had to wash them by ourselfs. The bathroom smelled so bad all the time, especially after showering or flushing the toilet. And the biggest negative point was the information about the renovation work. It would be better that they give these informations about work constructions not only in the hotel, rather also they could pronounce this things at their website or send some informations via Email. With this information i wouldn't have booked a room! If you pay quite a lot of money, you also want to enjoy this time. But it wasn't really enjoyable at our room! That's really bad.

Positive about this hotel is the fact, that the location is quite perfect. With the tram you are able to get to the dam in 10 minutes.

The size of the room are pretty small and looking at the price, I was expecting abut more than what I saw. In fact the hotel is a bit expensive, but in the range of the Amsterdam prices.

I like the fact that the hotel is walking distance from the Museum Square. I actually walked late at night back to the hotel and I was feeling very safe. Also from the city centre, there is a direct tram to the hotel. The lobby area is pretty welcoming, free coffee and fruits and nice sitting area.

• Small Double Room

Breakfast is not included but still nice)))

Very nice hotel! From the fisrt minute feels like home))) Really good to come back from crouded city centre to quiet hotel and enjoy coffee in lounge area. Free croissants, fruits, coffee and tea 24/7. Frendly and helpful staff. Hope to come back! Will recommend that place for my friends

• Superior Twin Room

The renovated breakfast area is nice but I would get rid of those green and ugly hairy cushions! The seating area could be a bit warmer or more sofisticated. But it is ok.

We had a nice big renovated room. I especially like the welcoming coffee and tea facilities at any time of the day to be taken by one self for free. Even a piece of cake is available. It has a homey atmosphere and I come here often alone when in Amsterdam. Parking is easy on the road compared to many other areas in Amsterdam.

i didnt like that i was asked and almost forced (really!) to pay some deposit for my stay. more than that the receptionist claimed it was mentioned on booking.com which of course it wasnt and which makes it even more outrageous. why lie?! and if you really need this deposit then why dont you mention it by booking? i was told that everywhere it is the same. which it is not. and also if something is wrong then what, it becomes right just because "everyone" does it?! I just dont understand this logic and this approach to a customer. Then i was threatened (i am serious) that i would have to pay right away if i need some extra service like a bike or smth. OMG! really?! why not just ask me do i need this or not and how would i like to pay. And ifi would say that i would like to use things and then pay - ONLY THEN could we talk about a deposit. However not at all every hotel asks for money in advance. Especially when the room was paid. By the way teh recpetionist said that if they had my card they would just charge and wouldnt even know! Classy! So of course i refused to pay a deposit and thank God the manager whom the receptionist called about this BIG PROBLEM said it wa sok not to pay. Seriously at some point i thought they wouldnt let me live in the room i paid for much in advance. Which i did so that they dont charge me twice for the room which has happened in the past. Then the hotel claims they return the deposit but its very difficult to track the return of the money and of course the hotel doenst bother with saying when they return it. Another thing i didnt like is that i asked fo a quiet room but was living with my windows facing a street with traffic. And ofcourse i was told that at that point it was too late and all other rooms were taken. Great. do i need to say that i would not be staying here again?)

not so far from center

• Small Double Room

Located in a quiet neighbourhood. Easily accessable by tram. Bed was clean and comfortable,staff were very friendly and helpful.We stayed 4 nights and everything was great.

• Small Double Room

The location being on the outskirts of Amsterdam, only a few tram stops into the main part of the city. The lounge/dinning area was very comfortable and convenient with free tea and coffee. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

The rooms too small, light too low, with no fridge, this hotel deserve it's 4 star rating !

Only the location, but even for that I would rather go back to my usual hotel in the same neighborhood "Apollofirst Boutique Hotel", which is way better !

• Small Double Room

The bathrooms are very small, but shower is full size

Comfortable large bed, later on free snacks, fruit and coffee available in dining room. Getting into central Amsterdam was easy, tram just round the corner on opposite side of the road, and getting back take number 5 or 24 heading away from Centraal station, get off at Gerrit.

- The water pressure of the shower was a pit weak.

+ I had a nicely decorated, cozy room for one on the 4th floor. In the mornings, the chimney next to my window woke me up with the smell of freshly-made pancakes. :) + The breakfast. It's delicious and nicely diverse even if the sausages and bacon isn't quite your thing! I especially loved the mushrooms, coffee and the small, dutch pancakes. I really appreciated that in addition to "basic" milk, also a vegetarian option (Alpro's almond milk) was served. Everything felt fresh and hand-made. It was also nice that you don't have to pay for the breakfast before actually checking what is served. All in all, the breakfast was good value for the money (15 €). + Free coffee/tea, vegetables, small muffins, croissants etc. available in the first floor outside the breakfast hours. Also a possibility for take-away cups! + Location. The area is rather peaceful, but with great public transportation (e.g. trams no. 24 and 5 which goes to the city central). Also the Amsterdam Zuid train station (= train to the airport) and RAI conference center are less than 20 min walk away. + Really friendly and helpful staff. + Possibility to leave your luggage to the hotel before the check-in and after the check-out. + The room was quiet and peaceful even though the elevator located almost next to it.

• Small Double Room

We arrived around 10 o'clock after 14 hours of travelling, so we were really tired. Early check in was not possible :(. However, they took care of our luggage, so in the meantime, we went to know Amsterdam.

Location is really good if you travel for turism. Hotel is located in a nice and quite area of Amsterdam and well located in terms of transportation, tram and bus stops are close. Museums are 10 minutes from there. And they rent bikes! I loved that. Rooms were nice and clean.

• Superior Twin Room

Please take away those stuffy pillows in the breakfast area. The design of renovation could have been a bit more modern and light.

An easy hotel for a few days in Amsterdam. Breakfast is excellent. The bathroom was nicely designed and renovated.

Surprisingly spacious room on the 1st floor. Very clean and comfortable. About a 10min walk to centre but the trams were on the doorstep, another option into the centre. Great location in a nice part of the city. We did not have breakfast here as we wanted to explore local options, great bakeries with decent coffee and lovely pastries, for around five euros. Lovely bars and restaurants and shops all minutes away, we did not feel need to take the tram! Few minutes walk to Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum, set in a lovely park.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Small Double Room

The room was very small, unlike the photos. One of the staff was extremely rude, to the point where I was forced to complain as he shouted at me over the phone and did not apologise. Other staff, who were lovely, had to apologise for him.

The breakfast was lovely. Very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Small Double Room

The bathrooms were a trifle small but we would still make use of the hotel on future visits.

The beds, the knowledgeable, friendly staff and the location.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Small Double Room

Very small room. Very small place for breakfast (there is actually no restaurant, just a lounge space next to check-in).

Good location, clean and nice hotel. Complementary coffee, tea, water, some fruit - nice!

• Small Double Room

Very abrupt staff. Room was a small double but it was so small we couldn't walk around the bed? My search asked for hotel in Leidesplein area of Amsterdam, but it wasn't, we had to get trams or taxis. It was my Partners birthday and I had requested wine or beer in our room as a surprise - I didn't get it (even though hotel had said they would).

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Small Double Room

A small double Room is really really small. When the hotel is full, you have to stand om Line to get breakfast.

The Hotel is placed in a quiet Street but yet close to the city . Nice breakfast.

• Small Double Room

The rooms are really small and building is dated / dilapidated. My shower was missing a curtain / door and they didn't refill my coffee sachets overnight.

Bed was comfortable and water pressure was decent in the shower

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Superior King Room

The staff was really nice, except of the manager (I think she was the manager). She was not customer friendly at all. When I just asked her a simple question the way she told me it was not possible was really cold, unprofessional and defensive. Not the right way treating your customers and influenced my mood before a very important business meeting.

The area around the hotel is nice and quiet.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Comfort Twin Room

The beds are hard but more strange, the matrasses do not stay in place, they slide off to the side.

We like the location, the area and the free service for tea and coffee and the rooms.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

There was not enough coffee sachets in the room, 2 a day is not enough

Location was great, really fancy part of Amsterdam, some nice bars and restaurants around it and one simple team into the centre. The room was bigger than expected and really nice, beautiful bathroom, very comfortable and overall a really pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Comfort Twin Room

For my taste the (new) bed with matrass was quite hard.

A cosy comfortabele hotel, with an easy atmosphere, tea and coffee available all day, even a plateau with cake. The location is away from the busy tourist area yet not far from the museums and close to some high end shops.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Super tiny room and bed. Old fashioned with stained carpet. They just put toiletries the first day, but I was staying for 3 nights.

Location was good. Not in the city center, but walking distance to major museums and Vondelpark.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Comfort Twin Room

Welcome/check in was the worst I've experienced. This week I've been through France, Belgium Holland and Germany and this was a bloke who really didn't want to be there or us to be there. Grumpily told us it was 21euros a day to park on the street!

Room had a balcony so I could smoke. Problem is some stoners had had the same idea and there was old joints on the railings.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Absolutely LOVED my stay here! I'm from the UK and took my husband away for a surprise weekend in Amsterdam - the room was so big & the beds were really comfortable - my husband wanted to know what kind of pillows they had as he even wanted to buy his own! Were a young couple aged 25 & 27 it was in a great location as the hotel was a short walk from a tram stop which took you into city center - with the help of google maps we got around incredibly easily & with a 24 hour tram pass (bought from the hotel) we were able to get around the city with ease!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Small Double Room

The hotel is very small and oldfashioned, not what I was expecting after seeing the photos. For this price in Germany I can find a high-level hotel like Ritz or Marriott. There is no fridge(mini-bar) in the room, no shelf in the bathroom, the safe is on the bottom. And the biggest minus is that they took the money twice from my credit card. That's disappointing.

Hotel staff is very kind, free tea and water is also a plus. The atmosphere is wonderful and the hotel is very comfortable placed.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Small Double Room

Cold air from air conditioner blew directly onto some tables in restaurant.

Breakfast good & ability to get morning tea good. Comfortable bed & very friendly & helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Comfort Twin Room

A bit pricey, small rooms, limited coffee cachets supply.

Nice hotel situated on a lovely lush green road close to RAI exhibition centre. Friendly staff, clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

They gave a room without AC! Please be very cautious about that! It could be terrible in a summer day. The room was terribly dark, it was impossible to get some work done, so I do not recommend it for business travelers at all

I liked that the guess room where they had free cakes, tea, coffee and fruit for 24h.

No air con in room

Great location, friendly staff

Clean and comfortable and perfect location

• Suite

For a 4 Star hotel, there was no lobby & room didn't have slippers, tooth brush, toothpaste.

I did like the staff response.

• Comfort Twin Room

This was definitely the best best western, lovely staff and close to the City centre. Couldn’t ask more.

• Comfort Twin Room

I really can't say there's anything that I didn't like

The friendliness of the staff was superb

• Small Double Room

Charging for breakfast after already charging an exorbitant rate seemed like gouging and unnecessary.

Nothing. Everything was First Class. Thank you.

All the staff were fantastic and made our short stay (for a family funeral) that much more bearable.

• Comfort Twin Room

if was breakfast was included for everyone that would have been good.

Distance from the tram and the site seeing places

• Superior King Room

For the price would have expected that breakfast is included.

Excellent breakfast

Lack of mini fridge Room without armchair Very expensive

Location Balcony from the room Bike rent at the hotel Quietness Coffe tea in the room

The buildings infront of the hotel were dreamlike

• Comfort Twin Room

Staff was at your service at all time. Breakfast was above average if you are willing to pay 15 euros.Bath after check-in was awesome.

The location is 20 minutes from the city centre

It is in calm area,

Good location. Good breakfast. Responsive staff

Room pretty small and for some reasons the TV was broken.

Close to do Museum block. Many restaurants, pubs nearby.

Nothing everything was great

Everything staff to room unable to fault anything

Nice quiet location with good links to city centre and not far from the museum area of Amsterdam

Room too small for a 4 star hotel

Fantastic staff and service - great location

• Small Double Room

The staff was very nice, we had a beatiful room, breakfast was excellent and it is in a nice neighbourhood.

• Small Double Room

We rented bikes at the hotel

• Comfort Twin Room

The internet was down and could not fix it.

Toilet space

Coffee machine, crossaints and staff. Amazing

• Comfort Twin Room

The repair works on the window early morning

The size of the room

It was a good stay, exactly what I needed. Extremely friendly and helpful staff too.

• Comfort Twin Room

Nice staff, good room, great location.

• Superior King Room

Beautifully quiet room. Hotel on nice well treed Laan. Easy walk to excellent restaurants and night life. Easy access into and out of Amsterdam.

• Superior Twin Room

Friendly staff, clean room, nice bathroom, firm mattress, good breakfast, location to city centre

Room very small

Quiet location, staff were helpful. Close to transit and nice breakfast.

Small bathroom

Peaceful area. Not too far from city

• Superior King Room

Room can offer coffee and tea.

Bed was comfortable. Shower was hot, and clean. Check out was fast.

The breakfast

• Superior Twin Room

The feel, the service and the space.

• Superior King Room

Room looked slightly bigger on pictures

The balcony

• Comfort Twin Room

The friendliness and helpful staff

I payed a lot for a very plane rooms

I was there with my friends

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017