Reviews of Palace Hotel Zandvoort 4 stars

6.1

6.1

5.6

• Large Twin Room

Hotel is rated 4 stars but is below that standard. I'd say 2.5 stars. Was not impressed by breakfast. 20 euros per day for a small dog is too much.

Morning coffee delicious. Very friendly personnel.

• Standard Twin Room

Rooms a bit cramped, noisy doors in the corridors. Airco only so and so (and it wasn't even warm outside!) No adequate trolleys for moving your bags (they only have 1 hand truck for personnel/delivery of beer (...) cases.

- flushing water of the toilet kept refelling every 10 seconds (very annoying during the night) - room was very cramped/small - it was not clear that we had booked a single bed room, esp in a leisure location this was a big surprise

- breakfast was okay, not super

- The hotel claims to have 4 stars but the room lacked the air conditioning and it was quite hot during my stay - I had to open the window but my room was the 1st floor so quite noisy in the morning (facing the parking lot)! - I obtained the "free wifi" code, but the named wifi SSID was not available in my room. Yet I was able to connect to some of the free wifis around so the internet was available.

At check in I was asked a very off putting question. As I had stayed at this prooerty previously, a receptionist checking me in asked " what I was doing there"...I felt unwelcome..and as I had spent a considerable sum of money staying there last year for many weeks...What I was "doing there" was attempting to relax and unwind close to the Ocean.

Room is like an old room not up to hotel living standards. Usually furnitures and room renovations should be done between. 5-12 years of continuous usage. This rooms to me is haven't been updated from the last 15 years or so.

Nothing complete waste of money !

• Suite with Sea View

The room is very old, bed is two singels putted toghether Hairdryer is broken Stuff does not understand that the guests coming for rest and comfort and treated us like we were in a b&b for very less money, i think for the price level this hotel is asking is the rough stuff and old rooms together didn’t help us to have a good feeling...

The vew is great The room is speicous

• Standard Twin Room

They wanted to charge me again, eventhough I've already pay online. After that they charged me way more for taxes. Thanks god they returned it. Dirty hotel, it feels like it's gonna break in prices.

It's in front of the sea

as some other reviews mention- a little old fashioned or tired and worn- for purpose of my stay was no problem

A great option to staying (and paying) central Amsterdam prices when busy and expensive, accessible thanks to the travel cards they offer 3days for 33.50 euros- Amsterdam and region travel card. easy walk to /from all the landmarks, beach, two great coffeshops, train and bus stations.

The car park was expensive and I didn't find this out until after I had booked my hotel. The car park has automatic barriers but they didn't recognise British number plates (pre-Brexit!) so I had to buzz to get out every time. This was quite inconvenient as the wind was strong in October and it rained quite a bit. The decor in the public spaces was very dated and tired. For some reason they don't like you to drink milk with your tea, none was provided in the room.

There was a car park attached to the hotel. I had a sea view room and the view was excellent. There were two lifts to access the upper floors. The shower pressure was fantastic - best shower in a long time.

- Every door equiped with electrolocks so you have to put the card to a lock. My card had managed to get demagnified/malfunctioned so I couldn't enter my room a pair of times. I had to go to reception 2 times to make it work. - My room was on the second floor, and the view from the second floor is horrible! All you can see is the only upper side of first floor canopy and a liiittle peace of sea. Just check the photos of building. - No balcony available also on the second floor. Was it the problem to give client ANY other room on the one of other 15 floors?? I suppose the end of october is the not the season peak where all single numbers are busy. Yeah-yeah you should have asked this while performed the booking... I didn't.

- Nice personnel who helps you in case of any problems - Nice breakfast and it's included in the price which is not expensive itself - Hairdryer in the room, nice. - Very close to the sea and close to railway station - A tiny little bit of sea can be seen from second floor if you are tall.

The room was very small (especially the bathroom) and everything seemed a bit old and used. No reading lamp by the bed.

Great location, directly on the promenade. Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Twin Room

This is an older property, and while remodeled, things break down. There was a plumbing leak that left the entrance carpet wet throughout our stay.

Great location on the Zandvoort beach. Easy access from either bus or train.

• Standard Twin Room

A Japanese style to the cuisine in the hotel restaurant would not be to everyones taste (not mine).

Friendly staff. Good comfortable room. Secure parking for bikes.

• Standard Twin Room

Main reason for staying was proximity to beach to walk the dog, however in summer season no dogs allowed on the beach between 09:00 - 19:00. Parking has a fee. Otherwise hotel was ok. Great staff.

• Executive Twin Room

We had to walk through a maze of old corridors that felt like a nursing home to get to our room. Elevators are old and slow, we ended up using the stairs.

The bathroom was freshly renovated and the beds were new and comfortable. Nice breakfast.

• Standard Twin Room

Wifi didn't work properly in the room - but it works fine in the reception area and in the bar/restaurant.

Excellent location close to the beach, restaurant, bars etc. Plenty of parking directly outside the hotel, although it costs extra. Great views! The hotel bar/restaurant was open until midnight.

• Standard Twin Room

Nice view from the 16th Floor. Breakfast plentiful and good quality. The food was regularly refreshed so both the eggs and the pancakes were very good.

• Standard Twin Room

Value for money was very poor, unsure why it is 4 star rating, rooms needed up grading , very dated, and shower was rusted and look dirty , although it wasn't, bazaar place for toilet to be placed . Payed €100 and was definitely not worth the money

Had a good breakfast, hot and cold dishes.

• Standard Twin Room

Not worth 4 stars. Hair on bed and in shower. Opened the window on 2nd floor and the smell was disgusting.

The bed was super comfortable and the breakfast delicious

Lifts, small and slow for 20 floors. Breakfast, very limited choice, just boiled egg, scrambled egg and bacon in the cooked section, and no pastries, pain au chocolate etc.

The sunset from the bar

• Suite with Sea View

More expected for a 4 star hotel, especially breakfast could be better and breakfast room too small

Great view; friendly, nice service and staff; German speaking

• Large Twin Room

This hotel is amazing! It has a prime location across from the train station and bus stop, easy walk to the beach and shops, and many stores and restaurants nearby. The staff were helpful, the room was pleasant, and I would DEFINITELY stay here again :)

Value for money + hotel rating (4 stars) just doesn't ad up. Definitely needs an update. Good for one night though.

The location. Right at the beach, and it was close to the restaurant where we had a company meeting. That's the main reason we booked this hotel. Hotel staff was very nice and polite.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The fire alarm went off three times during the night. It proved to be a false alarm all of those three times, but I didn't want to take any risk so got up and put some clothes on as fast as I could every time, until I was told the situation was safe. So the next day I was extremely tired. One of the worst hotel experiences I ever had, although the hotel wasn't to blame.

Had a nice room with a sea view. Bed was very comfortable.

• Standard Twin Room

The room was too hot, very cramped and poor use of space. Bathroom a joke - mould in shower, and very very tight for space. Kettle lead too short to connect. The whole experience straight out of the fifties. Also very expensive.

Nothing about the Hotel. Makes a Premier Inn seem like a 5 star.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Standard Twin Room

We didn't feel welcomed by the staff. A simple question about parking was strictly replied how much it was and that we have to be gone by a certain time, after that, we have to pay. Like stated above, it was all about the money. And for that money our bathroom sink was stuck. The paint on the walls were yellow not white and need to be renovated asap. At least the main entrance looked fancy. All in all, for this price...we felt ambushed and sadly it was not satisfying.

The location was close to the beach which was perfect!!

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sea View

The hotel itself was dated and a little run down. The telephone was not hooked up and there was no alarm clock. The restaurant books up and does not have room for all guests. This happened two nights in a row.

The room was nice but a little used and little things were broken or damaged.

• Large Twin Room

i hoped for a better view, the hotel was fairly, but carpets were old. I even found a pil on the floor and i was with my 5yearold son, so i was glad i found this pil.. I hoped for a nicer view from the window.

the breakfast was great. the place was quiet and right next to the beach.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Standard Twin Room

It was cold (18-19 Celsius degree) in my room. The wifi is poor, speed limited and go down time to time. Take care about their request about ”local tax” payment. Checked my card bill and the actual charge was more than 60 Euro. I saw after I lived that I was charged for parking, without to have a car. 56 Euro for nothing.

Location, close to railroad station (300m). Clean and nice view.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Old building, old and smelling carpets, broken bed, very slow elevator

Price is ok for the location and especially if you have to stay there for a very short period. All basic amenities are provided (even though really old).

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room

-Low Level Standard, 2 Stars, at best. -Unfriendly, arrogant Personal. -Breakfast not suited for humans, scramble eegs filled up with water, dry bread, only deep freeze and backed up croissants, no fresh fruits, old cheese and cheap salami, disgusting. -No service at all in the breakfast room -Beds are simple Spring Off's with rolls that move all night... -The Corner Room they give us was to 50 % unusable, -Usuriousness money handling, they still block money on our card 1 day after we left ( we can do nothing it the bank.... ) -Reception can not change 10 Euros to Coins.. -No bar, Restaurants closed on Monday, Tuesday. -No Room Service. -Night Pottier lets us stay several minutes between the glass doors until he check out that we where really Guests.... -They charged us 13 Euro per Day for parking, without mention it first... -The carpets where everywhere plain used and theRE was a construction side in the building. -No Mini Bar, the fridge was empty, not even water and VERY dirty. Screaming children in the next room, nice..... -Hair dryer build in the wall, my wife was not able to use it... - Only one, always very busy elevator...

Directly on the beach.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Large Twin Room

The hotel demanded that I pay the entire cost of my stay at check-in. I have never received that level of mis-trust anywhere before in forty years of travel. There was no bar or café. They had a restaurant, but it was only open for one night of my stay (when the food and service was excellent). Also, I had to pay for hotel parking, this should be included. Photo showing a view from the bar over the beach is misleading. The best days of this "grand palace" were a very long time ago.

Room was a good size and well presented.

• Large Twin Room

Proper cups in the room, not paper cups. Reception, take on the task of booking check in and boarding pass for clients, not all clients are computer literate.

Hotel was fine

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Large Twin Room

- Old fashioned hotel, faded glory. Its typical 70's style - Much too expensive - More worth like 3 stars, not 4 at all - No air-conditioning at rooms - Payments direct after arrival, not at departure. - They charge you for a lot of extra fees - Not really nice staff - Breakfast is really poor and not fresh. We had to pay direct after arrival with cash, at 01.00 hrs, despite we have booked with a credit card. This caused a issue for us, as we didnt have any cash at all for the next day. There is not any option to get cash at the hotel. ATM is 10-15 minutes walking. Overall - this hotel is not worth to be 4 stars. Be aware of it. Because you pay the price of of a 5-stars hotel

- Location

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sea View

I didnt like that there were no kitchen facilities when this was what was advertised on booking.com for our stay in 2 bedroom suite. I felt that some of the decor and facilities within the apartment were tired and needed refurbished, considering the money paid, Ì would have expected better.I also didnt like having to carry 4 heavy cases up flight of stairs as the lift doesnt go to 17th floor.

I loved the beachfront location and the views from our 17th floor apartment. The furniture and fittings were perfectly adequate within the 2 bedroom apartment. The front desk staff were very polite and helpful. The staff in restaurant were also lovely and helpful.The lifts were fast and efficient. Easy walk from train station.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Basic standard. You pay for the comfortable location at the sea. But I had nothing really to complain. Everybody was friendly and supportive. The food was ok. The room was clean and provided basic comfort. I think due to the location I probably would chose it again.

Totally not worth the 4 stars. Super small room. The whole hotel has a musty smell.

The breakfast was good

De kamer

• Standard Twin Room

The loud sound. Sounds from early morning till late night like the wall`s made by paper.

All around what need. Perfect location.

Staff is very professional and always take care if whatever a guest needs.

Everything was great

Location on beach, view from the room, the price, everything. Breakfast in morning wasn’t bad either.

everything else

the bed was comfortable staff was really helpful

• Standard Twin Room

Leaving (and not taking a longer duration)

I liked my girlfriend

• Standard Twin Room

The room temperature was relatively low & heating didn't do much. Other room was much better.

Na

Na

This week train was not running

Excellent facility and service

• Standard Twin Room

very small room, small bathroom

location and price

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Good breakfast.

Very tired hotel not four star in my opinion. Second rate rooms with no air con over a noisy car park.

• Executive Twin Room

hotel stuck in the seventies for the money i paid i would req a lot more than we got it was well over priced

• Standard Twin Room

Restoration is urgently required, staff in unfriendly, too much expensive for the hotel conditions..

• Large Twin Room

Location is phenomenal. Stayed with our dogs and it was very convenient.

• Standard Twin Room

Small and not enough plug sockets

Old Hotel,no breakfast on saturday befördert 8 o' clock,expensive

• Standard Twin Room

The room was very basic and not what I would expect from the price we paid

It was in a good location but that was all

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sea View

Everything is old and not so clean.

Nothing, the hotel is outdated.

• Large Twin Room

Hotel stunk of urinals, no aircon, paper cups for tea, no bin in toilet.

Far from the value for money

The door did not lock really well, pillows are a bit too fluffy

Very good location close to the station and beach

• Large Twin Room

Elevator ,or lift was all time busy you have to wait for 5 minutes some time .

The bed extra comfort.

Nothing specially

Staff was verry friendly and polite ! Interested in how your day was, and wat you've done.

• Standard Twin Room

The wifi netwrok was poor sometimes.

The hotel was clean and the receptionists were very pleasent and friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Standard Twin Room

We were there at 11.30 and we could check in because our room was ready.we hve not to wait till 15.00.very nice

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Suite with Sea View

they don t have anything to move the luggage around..but that is the only thing that was negative about our stay.

• Large Twin Room

Rooms very old and not clean, not a real bed, hallways stained and smelly, parking really expensive

free wifi

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

The unfriendly staff when trying to check in and out. There was no reason to be rude or unfriendly and they were.

The shower and bathtub

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Standard Twin Room

A fantastic balcony with panoramic views of the sunrise, then on opposite side of hotel fantastic views of the sunset!

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

december--desolated hotel entree

Well located in city centre on sea boulevard

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Parking fee.

Great location. Place was being renovated. Nice breakfast was included. Surprised we had to pay for parking in their lot in November.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

all ok

bed,view,

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Being too far up in the air without a sea view.

The location of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room

overpriced worn out hotel, lots of extra expences,poor parking facility, apart from the beds nothing was tidy nor clean.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

closed restaurant and bar

good hotel

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

No sea to be seen from room only the extension. Room to small

Reseptionist was very helpfull