Reviews of City Hotel Restaurant Stadskanaal 4 stars

Raadhuisplein 30, 9501 SZ Stadskanaal, Netherlands

#2 of 3 hotels in Stadskanaal

• Deluxe Twin Room with Bathtub

Large comfortable room, easy free parking on site, exactly what we needed. Fantastic breakfast. A little bit pricey for one night, but worth the extra.

• Deluxe Twin Room with Bathtub

two single beds attached to make one Double Bed, has a gap in between, we requested for change but they dont have double bed mattress.

Staff is very good , cooperative and helpful.

• Deluxe Twin Room with Bathtub

I came back from the breakfast at 10.12. The room was opened. The cleaning women, immediately push me go away. "You must leave the room". "Do you know it ?" You must leave the room !" They nearly stayed over me. Did not allow me to use bathroom :-( They were waiting and watching me until I moved out. Staing in the room and doors. They gave me not more than one minute to do it. This is not optimal behavior to the guests. Breakfast was nothing special. Too expensive for the value they offer. No air condition.

The restaurant room was nice, with specific good atmosphere. The designer of this room made excellent job. The first guy at the reception was helpful.

• Deluxe Twin Room with Bathtub

I don't know why but Room 306 has been decorated to appear like a forest.... I was travelling with a client and they gave him this room without informing us of this "feature". He did not complaint and informed me just at breakfast, but I felt terrible sorry. Bed was not so comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room with Bathtub

They could have paid a little more attention to detail considering it is classified as a 4 star hotel. There were hairs in the bathroom - not cleaned properly and the plug was broken and chipped.

The hotel is in an excellent location- close to all shops and restaurants in the center of town. The staff were helpful and friendly and the restaurant/ bar downstairs is nice to enjoy a few drinks or have something to eat. The room is well- equipped with multiple fans and extra pillows for comfort.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room with Bathtub

Horrible night due to festivities outside. Hotel did not warn in advance and windows poorly isolated for sound from outside. We had to sleep the first few hours in our car outside until the festivities stopped due to noise. We got free breakfast the next morning after complaining, but staff was very difficult and even mistaken us for another booking and wanted to charge an extra night.

Room was clean.

The elevator is too slow. But it worked😉

Very nice staff!

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

good location, nice breakfast,

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Deluxe Triple Room with Bathtub

The weather

Lovely stay for the Dutch tt 24/6/16 , will soon be booking for next year tt 2017 😎

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

The room temperature was soooo hot!!! I wished I could have turned down the heat. I did open the windows but seems such a waste.

Staff was great and helpful. Loved the rental bikes, rooms were nice and well maintained. I loved the soaking tub. Breakfast buffet was a real treat for the cost.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

When checking out I found out that the staff had already charged my credit card without my consent: and not only that, they had also charged us for two breakfasts we hadn't ordered or eaten. They refunded me immediately when I found out (in cash, apparently they didn't know how to make refund on card) but this left unprofessional impression about staff.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

Ik verbleef in het hotel gedurende een warme periode. De kamers hebben geen koeling (alleen een fan), dus het was een beetje te warm

- vriendelijk personeel - schoon - locatie

• Reviewed: 16 May 2015

Very good internet connection and internet connected smart tv. Room big enough (european standard). Public parking nearby. My wife was pleased with the hairdryer.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

The lift was too slow and too small. Room was on the 7th Flr

Friendly helpful staff

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

The lift was so slow and especially as we were on the 9th floor!

The staff

• Reviewed: 9 July 2015

Staff especially inga, Richard and David . Fantastic food . Good fun with the staff and the owner. !!! Nothing too much trouble

• Reviewed: 3 February 2015

Everything was fine i like the coffee machine in the room and enjoyed free parking

There are also 12 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse City Hotel Restaurant Stadskanaal traveller photo gallery