Reviews of Campanile Hotel & Restaurant Amsterdam Zuid-Oost 3 stars

Loosdrechtdreef 3, Zuidoost, 1108 AX Amsterdam, Netherlands

#281 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

The staff were very approachable and welcoming.

I don't think there was anything we disliked we had a good overall stay

The staff were very approachable and welcoming. Shoutout to the guy who was on front desk on Sunday afternoon, sorry forgot your name! Lovely man! 2 minute walk from the metro made it handy

Good value at short notice booking, desk manager on arrival...

Room was a little dated and in need of refresh, no bulb in desk lamp, no iron in room.

Good value at short notice booking, desk manager on arrival very pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Great value for money for those on a budget with free parking and great location!

Maybe the WiFi isn't the greatest. Maybe they could do with some new mattresses/pillows but honestly for the price you can't really complain. I'd definitely stay here again.

I'm mainly a camper when i come to Europe but the weather was AWFUL so i decided to find a hotel, as luck would have it i ended up camping just up the road the following couple days! I found this one mainly because it had free parking and was somewhat more on the outskirts of Amsterdam. As someone who has driven in a lot of big European cities i really recommend not driving in Amsterdam! This hotel isn't particularly glamorous. Maybe it's a little tired. For the price? With what seemed like sufficient free parking? Its a bargain! The check in at the desk was quite efficient, the room was enough for me. The location really is very good, the Gasserplas station of the 53 Metro line is just 5 minutes walk away from this hotel. Its €17.50 for a 3 day ticket and a 20 minute ride to central station. Its perfectly located. The room was reasonably warm and clean and the wifi was just about ok. I got a good nights sleep even though maybe the beds aren't the greatest, the shower wasn't bad. I'd definitely stay here again for what i paid. The hotel reception also information on Amsterdam, free maps and discount cards on main attractions like boat rides/bus tours/museum exhibitions. etc

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great location but needs air conditioning

An absolute must for the hotel is air conditioning. The weather was very hot when we stayed and it was difficult to stay in our room and to sleep. Matters were made worse that the roller screen didn’t work. Secondly, when I booked, a year before, I requested a ground floor room as we had our dogs and are not so able-bodied as we used to be. OK there is a lift. We were placed on the third floor! I am not happy with heights and did not like walking along the balcony.

Set in supberb surroundings and yet a stones-throw from the centre of Amsterdam with transport links next to the hotel. My friend and I were travelling with our dogs and we had some lovely walks in the park behind the hotel. The food in the restaurant was very good and the general cleanliness was good.

Good value hotel close to the metro

had a twin room, it was adequate but the bedroom did feel a little bit cramped for a twin room i.e. the twin beds had to be arranged as a double bed as there wasn't really room for them to be separated. The bathroom was fine space wise.

Quiet hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Very close to the metro so conveniently located for travel on public transport. Beds comfy, well appointed and clean room. Bathroom was spacious and the shower had good power. A pleasant stay - I would use this hotel again :0)

Cozy, great near park! and metro

But I have misunderstanding with the stuff. When i said - i ned prolong to check out by night - and they gets mine 15 euros and then when we came at evening - staff says, that it was only by 19:00 and for staying up to 02:00 we have to pay for full night price - but I will be honest, he gave me a discount, so its not a big deal - just little misunderstanding

Thats a great place, very comfy, and right near the metro station and supermarket (cheapest one) 1 station away from it. So it is totally worth its money as a place.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Location was right beside the event we were attending
    • Double or Twin Room (+ 1 Junior Bed)

We requested a double bed as it was our honeymoon but recieved 2 single beds, on first arrival room appeared to be relatively satisfactory, however there was a carpet on part of the floor that wasn't secured in anyway and a late night stumble pulling back the carpet revealed hair/dirt/dust that clearly didn't revieve a clean in some time, also on checking out (having paid the bill in full on arrival) there was no record of our payment on hotel system proff from banking app had to be given to show we had paid.

Location was right beside the event we were attending

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Great value for money and easy to get to. Would stay here again and would recommend

There's nothing I didn't like it was a great value for money. The only thing I would say is pay as you go with the hotel as the bill at the end can be quite confusing as it's not in English

Breakfast was brilliant for the price compared to places in amsterdam central and it was really nice. Stayed here for the reggae lake festival. Great location and only 20 mins to get to the center by train. The park is beautiful. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy that's all you need. The burger I had here in a rush was actually one of the best meals I had for my whole stay.

The location was perfect, the staff were lovely, the rooms...

The location was perfect, the staff were lovely, the rooms were basic but clean and the balcony out the front was good to sit out on with a cup of tea.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

I regret having spending my money in sutcj an ugly night staff 2 male.ill never come back to this ho

Very uglly persons in the reception.2 men.the last evening befor i was living the next morning they call the police on me.very stupied ugly persons.they call the police about me have to pay my bill 300eurs.i payed 200euros that same evening and i said to the reception that the rest of the bill 300 ill pay next morning i have to go to town to get the maney and then ill be back to the hotel to check out and pay the 300euro.they called the police anyhow.but what happend is what i said i want to to town came back and paied300.and left.i hate those 2 mals in the reception.ill never come back to your hotel.

Was clean nice quit area and close to publc transport.the lady in the morning shift was nice.

This hotel has a good location next to the metro station.

The room was very small and there weren't any air-conditioning and fridge.

This hotel has a good location next to the metro station. You can easily reach a center in 20 min as max. The Internet was very fast. As more, the room was very clean and they tidy up it every day.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Excellent location. Reasonable price, dated accommodation

The hotel is rather dated. No real air conditioning. Walls were rather thin

Location for getting into Central Amsterdam is excellent a stones throw from the metro station. Beds were really comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The location was very good, the metro station was just 100m...

The location was very good, the metro station was just 100m from the hotel so it was very easy and intuitive to get to the city centre. It was very clean and the double bed was very confortable. It looks a bit like an American motel which I found really cool.

Disappointed

The food was too expensive and it wasn't cook properly and we found a hair on our plate. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED And we waited almost an hour for our food and the "chef" was rude to other members of staff in front of the guests. We saw a rat by the garbage bins at the back of the hotel because the garbage was lying in bags on the ground. No air conditioning in the room.

Close to the metro station and near to a nice park

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

HIGH prices, LOW expectations

- DELAYED check-in because the rooms were not ready upon arrival - ROOMS are very SMALL - LINOLEUM on the rooms floors, very cheap look - OLD furniture - NO air conditioner - NO refrigerator (37*C outside) - NO toilet brush in the room (and when we asked for it at the reception, the personnel didn’t find ONE in the ENTIRE hotel) - INSECTS in the ROOM (spiders - different species, mosquitoes, locusts) - NO mosquito NET - the view to the BACK YARD is disappointing: in 1 week NOBODY cleaned it up - TOWELS are changed only by request, if you are lucky and the cleaning ladies are in a good mood, you may receive new towels after 3-4 days; - SOAP & SHAMPOO - NO REFILL during our stay - 8 days

- we met in our 1st day a very nice person, a guy in the reception who gave us the amsterdam city map and advised us to visit some attractions, being verry supportive and friendly - THANK YOU!!!

I loved that it was next to the tram and was less than 30...

No complaints

I loved that it was next to the tram and was less than 30 minutes into the central station of Amsterdam. Free parking! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

A bit fsr from the centre but lovely set up

Some staff were great. Others looked angry at any question or gave vague and incomplete help. Ordered a pizza from the restaurant. Went to pick it up and was told the one we wanted was not available. Nobody asked us if we wanted a different one. Reordered and waited a while for the next one. €11.50 was too much for the small pizza we received.

Location amongst the trees is nice. A park behind the hotel to wslk around. Metro station 30sec walk away. Comfortable room.

Great location and very clean

I would suggest having the outside of the hotel fumigated. There were some nasty spiders on our way on the balcony to our hotel. I counted 7 of the same type, but different sizes. This was very off-putting. They seem to only come out at night to the lights, but I was very scared to walk under them.

The hotel is located at the end of the m53 line Gasperplas. It was very convenient to travel to Amsterdam centraal. Took about 30 min travel time and no need for cross over. Traveling to Schipol was also good. We crossed at centraal and got onto the right train. Do not cross at diemen zuid. Twice our cards did not work there. Very clean hotel and very comfortable bed. Great shower bath. Friendly staff Overall very happy!

Hi all.
    • Double or Twin Room (+ 1 Junior Bed)

Hi all. This place is NOT suitable for families with kids. It’s not a hotel it’s a motel very suspicious characters I have never seen a motel with metal shutters. To be fair to manager I told him we made mistake in booking and my kids are afraid to stay in hotel he gave me 70% refund. The rooms smell of weed. Oh my god my kids were afraid all night. Families keep keep away. We had the shock of our life. My god never again trust Booking.com

Nice simple Budget Hotel in the Outskirts of Amsterdam right...

The Building is a little bit old and the walls are thin Our Room haven't had working sun protection rollers so it was a little bit hot as the sun was heating through the windows until 10pm but the price-performance ratio ist still ok

Nice simple Budget Hotel in the Outskirts of Amsterdam right beneath of M53 Terminus Gaasperplas The Hotel has its own Parking Lot so you can leave your car and take the public transport into the city

Bed was very comfortable.

Bed was very comfortable. Rooms with a park view are excellent, you are listening birds singing in the morning. Coffee and electric kettle in the room.

Enjoyable. Will come again.

The man working the desk on my first night, did not give the feeling that he was happy to be there and made me feel that I was a problem for him.

Friendly staff. Clean environment. Rooms basic but have all you need for a stay I Holland. Very close to metro station, which I a bonus

Perfectly functional. Nothing great, but it saves a lot of money over staying in Amsterdam proper

They never changed our towels during our five days there, even after following their procedure of leaving them in the sink.

I liked the natural park around the hotel. It's very idyllic.

We travel with the dog and in Amsterdam it is a big issue to...

Room was basic and a little bit aged. I can not say that the price for the room in this condition and this distance from the centre was reasonable, but hotels and Airbnb in this country are expensive in general.

We travel with the dog and in Amsterdam it is a big issue to find a place that accepts even a small animal. This hotel was the best solution to stay without enormous overpay. Reception staff was very nice and they speak almost every language. Loved the shutters on the windows that allowed to sleep longer.

Enjoyed Amsterdam eating out was really good

Paper cups in the room, and we are covered with Mozzie bites

Great transport facilities, 15 mins on the Metro to center of Amsterdam, buy Metro tram and bus ticket for your stay and save a fortune. Room was clean and tidy but very basic

The personnel was really kind and helpful although I think...

We were not satisfied with the bathroom supplies.

The personnel was really kind and helpful although I think we gave them a hard time during check out. Value for money. I'd definitely recommend it.

Our stay was good but didn't enjoy much due to annoying reply one staff member.
    • Double or Twin Room (+ 1 Junior Bed)

Not happy with responses from receptionist (specifically old lady, She didn't provide her name) . One time personally I visited reception to get towel. She replied you should have asked before now we don't have. The reply was very rude. Another time same lady receptionist, during checkout, I have given 500 euros note to pay our stay. She replied we don't have change of 500 euros, you have to wait for 30 mins. I was hurry to catch my plane even though she said I can't help. This was very annoying. Then somehow I managed to get change from outside. When I asked about change, she replied that we are such a small hotel we can't keep this much big money for change. 500 euro notes are acceptable in Holland.

Good location near to metro station. Good surroundings near to park. Good view from hotel rooms if you are lucky to get room on garden side.

When I arrived to my room, it was full of mosquitos.

When I arrived to my room, it was full of mosquitos. I spent a couple of hours killing more than 20 mosquitos with a towel because at the reception did not give any solution to get rid of them. Besides that I booked a room for non smokers, but the room stinks to tobacco.

A good base to explore Amsterdam.

Rooms in serious need of upgrading. Weather conditions due our stay hot and muggy and with no air conditioning we had to sleep with the window open all night so with being close to the road we didn't get the best of sleeps.

Communications via email where very good as needed to 'chop and change' a bit with people in our group cancelling and changing dates. Staff friendly. Room clean and bed very comfortable. Tea/Coffee in the room. Shower very good. Bar prices reasonable. Free car parking. Didn't eat at hotel so can't comment on quality of food. A few minutes walk to the tram/bus stop. Tickets can be purchased at reception.

Clean room and bathroom, helpfull and nice staff, everything...

The price could be lower, on the other hand we booked the room only two weeks before arrival, so that was probably the reason for that price.

Clean room and bathroom, helpfull and nice staff, everything worked... Location is a little bit far from centre, but by metro is takes only cca 15min to center and metro stop is really close.

The hotel is locate near to metro M53 station, 20 min to...

The hotel is locate near to metro M53 station, 20 min to center of Amsterdam, and bus station for night lines. very quiet , very clean rooms, cleaning evereyday

I like to go back to Amsterdam

Nothing has changed in the hotel for many years, a nice hotel, but time has stood still.

The location of the hotel is nice on one side, very close to the highway, and on the other very close to the subway, and therefore communication with the city center.

Good place to stay for a short time.

The hotel is at the end of metro line, nothing else! No other restaurant or supermarket near by !

The location is good (last stop of 'Metro 53', can see the hotel on the platform, less then 20min & 3 Euro to Central Station); Check-in process is fast; I was given a room on 3rd floor, facing the parking lot, is OK for me; Room was clean, house keeping everyday; There is a restaurant in the hotel, food choice & price is basic.

Good location and only 20 min from center by metro, mostly...
    • Double or Twin Room (+ 1 Junior Bed)

The room looked way worse than the actual picture. No resemblance to the pics here at all. Different dull colors, very old room. Feels like it's a guesthouse and not a hotel. Windows go straight to the walkway so there's literally no privacy when you want to open the window (and no ac). Also very problematic to leave windows open when you go because people can enter without any problem and there's no safe. TV didn't work. The rooms lobby in general looks like it's a cheap guest house and not a hotel. No changing for bed sheets or towels during the whole 4 days. Some of the team were unfriendly and provided help with almost no communication. Was kind of wierd and uncomfortable. Had two lovebirds neighbors who I could hear their excitement quite clearly (room walls are not thick at all). At the weekend a lot of noise and loud music from the park.

Good location and only 20 min from center by metro, mostly quiet and with a park nearby. Really nice environment. Some of the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Poor facilities

The room is on a level of cheap motel, no hairdryer, a traveler can get a better deal for less money.

Train station is mearby, there is a lot of free parking.

We really enjoyed the style of this hotel and has a very...

We really enjoyed the style of this hotel and has a very comfortable stay with a really good sleep! Breakfast was lovely and the surrounding park was gorgeous for a walk. Right next to the station so perfect for travelling, lovely and quiet and good for couples or families alike!

Cosy stay but very short of expectations
    • Double or Twin Room (+ 1 Junior Bed)

Too small rooms with no space. It is old structure and old styled and costly with respect to that. Also, not quite as per the distance as very far from Central Amsterdam, though good connectivity by metro which is 100 mts from hotel. Reaching from Airport if new to city, then prefer taxi and that too not from Rideways (from Booking.com) as I got cheated since details for sync up or meeting didn't come to me in time, and my request for pick up about 40 mins later than flight timings was ignored and driver left us in lurch with no clear instructions to reach them. Had to wait in cold evening with my family to catch official cab from Airport

Staff is excellent and helpful, and Toilets were really clean

Good, but bring some cleaning wipes and a duster

The room was grubby, cobwebs on the ceiling and the bed was too hard.

The location was perfect! So close to the train station and a lovely park. Staff where very helpful and friendly.

The bed was really comfortable and the hotel over all is...

More coffee and tea could have been left in the tray - only 1 coffee per person per day.

The bed was really comfortable and the hotel over all is very hygienic. It is a stone's throwaway from a metro station that takes only 20 minutes to get to Central Station.

Location is great.

Restaurant can be cheaper :/

Location is great. You can find metro or bus 24h. Location of hotel is the last metro stop, and it is only 1 minute far from hotel. My room was in the back part and it was great to wake up with birds’ voices :) staff were great and very helpful. I will again choose this hotel for my next Amsterdam visit...

Free parking, and the hotel is just next to a metro station.

Free parking, and the hotel is just next to a metro station. So we took the metro to downtown and had a good trip without paying unbelievably expensive parking fee in Amsterdam.

Our ground floor room was extremely close to the reception...

Our ground floor room was extremely close to the reception as well as the car park. A train station straight to the capital is a minute away and an electronic ticket machine (that takes card) is there too!

Couldn't fault staff or hotel

A bit far outside Amsterdam central. Although it is on the metro line. (Last stop) a bit pricy to get back in a taxi

Couldn't fault the staff and hotel

Did what we needed it to do.

Access to rooms from open balcony was a little fresh in -4 degree temperatures, although they did have a second internal door which kept the cold out. Overlooking the dual carriageway so not particularly scenic but ok if you are just staying overnight.

Location just outside Amsterdam helped us avoid the rush hour in the morning to get back for our ferry. Parking on site.

Clean and ideal location
    • Double or Twin Room (+ 1 Junior Bed)

With the extra bed for the third person, the room was rather small.

The room is clean and well equipped. The location is ideal, it takes 20 minutes to get here from Central Station, the metro runs every ten minutes. The hotel building is just 50 meters from the metro station and can already be seen from the station, so you can't miss it. Our room faced the park, so it was absolutely quiet. The kettle in the room with tea and coffee was great, it was good to have a hot drink to start the day. Everything you need for a short stay.

Although it is not in the city centre (which wasn't also...

Although it is not in the city centre (which wasn't also an important thing for me) it has a metro and bus station just next to the hotel which can take you there in about 20 minutes. The staff is really nice and bedrooms and breakfast are also ok. I think it is really cost-benefit.

Decent hotel for a short stay (stayed for the weekend). Good location. Quite clean.

Shower head was a bit dodgy. Would’ve been good to have a safe and fridge in the room.

Friendly staff. Loved the shutters, made the room pitch black therefore better sleep. Very convenient location, was a minute away from public transport which was excellent.

Simple
    • Double or Twin Room (+ 1 Junior Bed)

I didn't like when the women staff were really nice to my partner however didn't give me the same respect. I like the food at restaurants very nice however could of had more of a English touch to this. Breakfast was very standard and not to my tasting

I like that most of the staff were very friendly. I enjoyed the food here. Rooms fair but may be not to some people liking. Even so I like how it was close the metro easy to get the center with a GVB pass.

Nice and peaceful :)

it is a little bit far but it is quick to reach the center with public transport

Very silent place, parking included, you can get the tickets for transport in the hotel.

Would definately come back in summer

Some mornings a lot of breakfast food gone , no oranges , no eggs . Limited choice in restaurant and expensive .

Really nice friendly staff , rooms lovely and warm , lovely hot water despite freezing weather . Tea and coffee in rooms very welcome . Fabulous park outside , beautiful walks .Great location for train

Could be cheaper for what it was

The room was very dated, i don't need luxuries but the price should really reflect the look and feel. It was also quite noisy. There was no "do not disturb" sign available so the maid has walked in couple of times after a 1 knock without even giving us a chance to refuse. The main door get shut at night and we found ourselves waiting around for someone to open the door for us for a while.

the location is easy to get to from the airport, tube and bus right outside. The staff was friendly

It was like a hotel for dogs
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Junior Bed)

The water was 5.50 a bottle with a meal only serve burgers for dinner which are 15 euro !! Staff are ok price of stuff in the hotel was very expensive !!! 2.50 for a can of coke .

It has its pros and cons.

We had 7 rooms total, each paid on their own, however one of the rooms was charged on my card without my authorization. Instead of an apology, we entered into a discussion with the receptionist, which I chose not to participate in and left. The pillows are very tiny and uncomfortable. The scrambled eggs during breakfast were dreadful. As we went to a party, we were sleeping late on Sunday, housekeeping unable to re-load on coffee. We went to reception to ask for some, whilst the receptionist was kind enough to give them to us, an older lady showed up and prevented her to do so. They spoke something in dutch, so I have no idea what she told her. The receptionist then came to us and said that house keeping has marked that the room was taken care of. I went upstairs to double check, there was no coffee, so had to go back to reception and ask again. Only then we received our complimentary coffee. I understand the price is quite low for Amsterdam, but the matters above shouldn't be impacted by that, as those are basics.

The bed was comfortable, the room and bathrooms were clean Dry cuts, croissants and bread during breakfast were nice. Although its 20min from the center, the metro stop is just 20m away making it very convenient. Bus 47 stops right next to the hotel as well, taking you to Bijlmer Arena. There is also a night bus that stops there as well. You can buy Transport cards at reception for all public transport. The hotel has a lot of talons for discounts for different sights & museums across Amsterdam.

This hotel is for people who aren’t going to be there much.
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Junior Bed)

There was rust in the bath tap and dust behind the basin but most of all the staff were very strange. On our last night the manager from the desk camenup and looked at us while we were on the balcony and then ran off when we noticed he was standing there staring. He did this twice....

There is a train station that takes you directly to the centre in less than half an hour about a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Metro was super close and it was straight shot to the city...
    • Double or Twin Room (+ 1 Junior Bed)

Rooms are super tight. If you have a lot of luggage - forget it :)

Metro was super close and it was straight shot to the city center, which was super convinient.

Cheap and practical

Quite old furniture, spotted a bug in the shower.

Very near to the metro station, and to a nice park on the other side. Reasonably priced water and snacks. Powdered coffe in the room.

Location was good.
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Junior Bed)

No facilities near the actual hotel. The hotel restaurants choice of menu was a bit sparse for selection. Closest shops were one metro stop away.

Location was good. Right next to a metro which runs every 10 minutes and is a 20 minute metro ride to the city.

The hotel is fine for very short stays, I would not recommend it for more then 2 days

How clean the property was, what the rooms looked like how spacious they are, the feeling that it wasn’t safe

How close the train station is is very useful and the staff are lovely

Average stay but good as close to metro
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Junior Bed)

They don't give you the room you ask for so we booked family and got a double.. the house cleaning barge in when they want which is very rude... leave the card for on the door for them to clean and they dont clean your room. Not enough pillows and drinks are very much over priced good thing also was near.

The close distance to the metro

Good Hotel due to good access to metro and those arriving by car.

The carpet was moist. The bed was a bit uncomfortable. The bathroom had a few issues: The drain was blocked and shower was weak. Although near the metro station, it is located in a secluded area so no shops nearby.

The Hotel was located right next to the Metro so travelling in and out of Amsterdam City center was quick and easy. The parking on site was very convenient too.

Good value for money

Nothing serious.

Reasonable room size. Overall cleanliness is OK. The room has all "mandatory" facilities. Free parking on site is very convenient. There is a microwave at the reception which is very useful for families with small children. Only 50 meters away from the tube/metro station to Amsterdam central station. Very good value for money.

uest a bed linnen change
    • Double or Twin Room (+ 1 Junior Bed)

Room service changing is bed linnen was very poor after first 1.5 week needed to request bed linnen change. Room floor was not cleaned.

Friendly professional helpfull frontdesk staff

Staff was ready to assist.

Room was really small, breakfast not included, apart from that no major issues. I would consider it as a pretty positive experience.

Staff was ready to assist. Location far from the city or attraction, but easily reachable by metro . Pretty efficient connections with city, station, airport. Not many amenities, room definitely small, but a good option if you want to save money and be able to have a vacation in Amsterdam.

Well located standard hotel similar to american motels

however the room wasn't dirty, the general standard look to be a bit neglected, small renovation would be a good idea. Mattresses quite exploited, wall and floor materials unpleasant, some equipment not functioning

convenient location, very close to metro station, no need to go to the centre with a car. Nice personnell, tasty breakfast, large free parking. At the reception tickets for metro/public transport avaliable

Good value for money, just don’t expect luxury

Our room smelled very very strongly of cigarettes and despite our best efforts to air it, we couldn’t shift the stink

Great pastries at breakfast and right next to the metro which made getting back and forth from town easy. The property was a long way out of the city however so if you miss the last metro then a taxi does take a while.

really enjoyable and made easy by transport system and friendly staff

no complaints at all

the rooms were small but functional and it met our needs perfectly the transport system we found was second to none and will be recommending this hotel for definite

Good place for the money!!
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Junior Bed)

we were situated on the basement floor with view to the back yard. Some of the room need redecoration and refreshments. Morning breakfast is quite expensive but is available.

the hotel is outside city center but you can easily travel via subway line M53 to Amsterdam central station. On the way you can get off to multiple sightseeings, as Rembrands museum, Botanic garden, Hermitrage museum, City zoo and many more. Travel from Central station to the hotel is less than 20 mins by the subway. The staff was very friendly and attending. Strongly recommend, great deal for the money!!

EXCELLENT
    • Double or Twin Room (+ 1 Junior Bed)

The Metro stop being 1 mnt away, and the fact that I can buy my metro tickets at the hotel desk. I also loves the breakfast, it's a great price and viriety of food. Having parking on site just a few feet from my room was a plus expecially when you have a family with a lot of stuff.

It’s far from city centre but right next to bus and metro...

It’s far from city centre but right next to bus and metro stations. So at all times of day and night, you can easily arrive to hotel from central station by one vehicle.

Would stay again but go out for breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room (+ 1 Junior Bed)

I thought the breakfast was of a very poor variety,

I liked that the hotel was right next to the metro which is brill if your planning on exploring different areas of amsterdam.

The room was smaller than the pictures showed and when the...
    • Triple Room (1 Double Bed + 1 Junior Bed)

The room was smaller than the pictures showed and when the twin bed was pulled from underneath the full bed there was no room to walk. At least it was close to the metro station.

Tasty breakfast, polite staff, quick access to the metro (20...

Tasty breakfast, polite staff, quick access to the metro (20 min to the central station). Rooms are very cozy with a bathtub. Highly recommended to stay.

Amazing location!

Rooms were a bit small but this was not a real “problem”. Everything was perfect!

Amazing location! Very friendly staff! We will definitely prefer this hotel in the future!

Ok for one night. A bit shabby.

Heater woke us several times with loud clunking noise. Coffee pot was broken, but they exchanged it. One light didn't work. A bit shabby.

Location is okay. Far from city, BUT the metro ends right at the hotel. Restaurant is great. Nice breakfast buffet.

Perfect for my needs

Hairdryer available at reception Breakfast finishing early

Location near a nice park, perfect for morning run, and near major roads but away from city center traffic. Friendly restaurant accepting my requests

Browse Campanile Hotel & Restaurant Amsterdam Zuid-Oost traveller photo gallery