Reviews of Hotel CC This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Warmoesstraat 42 , Amsterdam City Center, 1012 JE Amsterdam, Netherlands

#233 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Just a bed & a shower (That's all we need)
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was very small. So was the shower area! My partner nearly knocked his head at the roof when showering. The location doesn't justify the price. Smelly air conditioning! There was rubbish under the bed when we arrived as well. Noise early in the morning due to road cleaning services.

The bed was comfortable. The shower was nice. Location was very good, just close by to Dam Square, Red Light District, The Bull Dog, restaurants and so on! Staff was helpful - even though we didn't want room services, the cleaners left new towels and toilet rolls in a bag beside the door, fair play to them! We did appreciate that!

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Good for a short stay
    • Small Double Room

The room was too small. Even staying in the double room, I had not enough place for me and the luggage.

Perfect location. Very close to the Amsterdam Central railway station and some historic attractions.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

I keep returning to this hotel, even with my children, as...
    • Standard Twin Room

I keep returning to this hotel, even with my children, as it's so central located and good value for money. Rooms are clean & contemporary, staff is always friendly & helpful. The hallway to our room during this stay smelled horribly like beer, but that's the location for you. I feel sorry for staff members having to put up with these sorts of "accidents". Luckily it didn't affect the smell in our room. Will return next time for sure.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Amazing visit

I liked everything!

The location is excellent your are very short walk from most things. Breakfast was lovely and served in the restaurant next door. Rooms cosy,modern and clean. Staff helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again. I loved my first visit to Amsterdam!

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Amazing stay
    • Large Deluxe Double Room

The location was perfect- everything is walkable. We had a view of the canal and a balcony too which was so unexpected. The staff were friendly and the room was very clean. Will be recommending this hotel to anyone I know going to Amsterdam!

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Overall very much enjoyed my stay and would return in the future

Room was extremely small Shower didn't have a proper screen/door so water got everywhere

Fantastic location Fabulous view of the water from my room Clean Air conditioning available in room

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

Location was great

We were upgraded to a bigger room because we stayed for 5 nights but we were put into a bigger room on the -1 level which was okay but there was no windows in the room so very little air and little light (I like to look out the window when I stay in a hotel) The room also got very hot at night, I assume it’s because of the upper levels or something.

Location was great Staff were great - friendly and couldn’t do enough for us Complete silence at night (not all the time but mostly considering we were in the middle of the city) Air conditioned room European adapters available at front desk (5 Euro deposit but you get it back when you return the adapter) Clean hotel (just a few cosmetic problems but not a big thing)

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Very good location overall really happy
    • Small Double Room

Everything was perfect nothing to dislike

Cleaness of the room and well ventilated..staff were very acomadating and the nice little present for my partner was just the cherry on top. Thank you guys

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

The view, the location and the bed was incredibly...
    • Small Double Room

Room was small for the price but it seems all hotels near central station are overpriced.

The view, the location and the bed was incredibly comfortable

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

Happy
    • Small Double Room

The woman at the reception was quite rude and wasnt very friendly never smiled... along the holiday the other people at the reception were lovely. But the first one that we met did not make us feel welcome at all.

Location and view was perfect

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Not bad at all

Rooms need a lick of paint as showing bit of where and tear.. small amount of mold on the upper floor

Location location location... sraff more than helpfull.and drnks available at all hours.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Clean comfortable but staff let it down
    • Standard Twin Room

The 2nd day reception staff let the maids in to our room we had all our belongings out (phones on charge, money on the side, gifts) house keeping had cleaned our beds and carelessly took my silk nightdress. When i aproached the reception staff i was confronted with a hand over his face and basically there is nothing he can do my room was entered because i hadnt been down to change room (they told us to do so by 11am if we still wanted to change room) we was happy with the beds pushed together so didnt want to move but they still entered out room after 3pm to clean the room in case we wanted to move which i found unacceptable. He said that he had tried to contact tge cleaner but it being already gone 8pm he couldnt get hold of her amd there is nothing he could do even though i had told him it was the only sleeping garment i had brought with me. He was very rude and it took for me to as for a full refund and us go else where he then said he would speak with night staff and see if they could find it. I asked for a manager to be told that here away on holiday and there is no managers available for the next week. I asked what was going to happen by the time the other man was due in at 11pm to be told there is nothing he can do if its not found and that we should leave as the coffee shops was about to start closing soon and i would miss out! (That was a absolutely disgusting way to speak to a paying customer of his hotel and both me and my husband got the impression he was trying to get us out the reception because he was checking people in who was passing comment on how rude it was the way we was being treated!) i came back at 11 for him to hand over my night dress embarrassingly in front of guests checking in and offered us a bottle of cheap fizz to say sorry! We told him we dont drink his reaction was again embarrassing as it looked he was disgusted we didnt drink alcohol! My husband has epilepsy & a fatal heart condition so he cant drink and I choose not to drink.

The cleanest hotel to stop in

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

fair
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff not helpful Room smelt of cigarette smoke Nobody offered to take our suitcases to room Nobody asked how our stay was Staff did not greet us in the morning

central position

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

The location was right in the heart and soul of the main...
    • Small Double Room

The air-con did not work and the double rooms were way to small to move around in.

The location was right in the heart and soul of the main strip of Amsterdam with hotel room and personal belongings were secure.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

• Standard Twin Room

The price is quite high and some unfriendly staff at the front desk. Also the rooms are quite small. I do not suggest staying upper story level because the amenites are outdated and the shower is small.

Location, walking out into the heart of Amsterdam City and the Asian staff at front desk im so sorry I forgot youre name, but thank you for making me feel like a VIP, that is true customer service. My room is the same on both occasions - 106 which is my favourite room because it is cosy and has a decent bathroom.

• Large Deluxe Double Room

I didn't find anything I didn't like about this hotel on this trip

Friendly helpful staff, nice room, all of the hotel was clean, and in a great location

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Good central location, very clean and good value for money.
    • Standard Twin Room

There was a very steep staircase to get to our room and the views were limited. I would have been worried about our exit route in the event of an emergency

The room was very clean, the beds and bedding were good quality and very comfortable, and there was air conditioning which was great as it was 33 degrees when we were there.

Location was perfect!
    • Small Double Room

Location was perfect! So close to everything we needed, small rooms but big enough, we wasn’t there to spend time in the room it was only somewhere to rest our heads, will 100% return the next time traveling to Amsterdam

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Very clean and modern hotel, I have stayed in Amsterdam 3...
    • Small Double Room

Couldn't really fault the Hotel, like anywhere a few things could be changed or added to improve the Hotel further. Brighter lighting in the bathroom would be a suggestion as was very dark at times using the toilet & adding a bath mat for the shower as tile flooring & easy to slip and fall. Air conditioning was a little weak some days even after turning it down, when we stayed weather was reaching up to 34 and air con & fan weren't cooling the room down to much & was unable to open windows as was on ground floor canal side but this was a weather situation that could not be helped.

Very clean and modern hotel, I have stayed in Amsterdam 3 times now & haven't ever really been impressed by many hotels until I found this hotel. It's open 24 hours staff always at reception with drinks & snack foods available to buy all night. The room itself was perfect for the two of us, was cleaned everyday, fresh towels, shower gel, tea & coffee all provided. Beautiful canal view, air conditioned room, fan & heater provided at our preference & an extremely comfy bed. The hotel has more to offer if needed that we didn't personally use, I saw other guests using irons & ironing boards from reception. Hotel was over my normal budget for staying in Amsterdam but did make our experience better as got such much done in 3 days by being so central and was nice to come back to a nice hotel each day. Tv in room providing most well known channels for all ages (BBC, ITV, etc) Was able to leave our luggage upon arrival as arrived early at no extra cost. I would highly recommend this hotel, & I will defiantly be staying again. Amsterdam has many Hostels & cheap rooms to offer and nice hotels at a decent price are hard to find so the Hotel CC is perfect if you want some luxury but not to over priced! Thank you for having us and we look forward to staying again!

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

Hostel like hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff were very rude. The lady checking is in was incredibly rude. There was a fire alarm incident at 5am. The whole building evacuated. Not one staff member came outside to the waiting guests and told them what was going on. We had to go inside and ask to find out it was just an error. We booked a twin room but it was nothing like it was pictured. It was basically a cupboard under the stairs. The whole room was shaped like a triangle and we were constantly hitting ourselves on the walls. Had a hostel vibe. Across from a pub and quite noisy.

The room was very clean. Beds were comfortable. Location was great.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Took my wife for a surprise birthday trip to Amsterdam had the most amazing time hotel was superb

Would have liked to stay a bit longer.

Hotel staff were very welcoming let us book in an hour early and were very helpful. Great location had a fantastic few nights and from me and my wife we cant wait to come back thank you.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

The location of the Hotel is ideal for someone who wants to...
    • Small Double Room

Disgusting smell in the room that you can’t get rid of. AC not working properly and totally clogged up due to bad maintenance. Not really worth the price.

The location of the Hotel is ideal for someone who wants to stay in the city center. Good soundproofing of windows.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2018

We always stay here when we come to Amsterdam which is about...
    • Large Deluxe Double Room

We always stay here when we come to Amsterdam which is about 3 or 4 times a year. Staff are lovely. Rooms have great views over the canals (some rooms). Rooms are very clean and tidy. Hotel is very nicr

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

Great location, fine for one night in Amsterdam
    • Large Deluxe Double Room

Staff were fine, just not overally friendly or welcoming. Bathroom door banged against bed when you went in and out, otherwise room was fine.

Very good location, we got the room with a balcony over the river on the first floor and it was a great view. Bed comfy and bathroom nicely decorated.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

It was an excellent base from which to explore the city.

In room 206, two of the coat hangers didn't work and sometimes the air conditioning rattled.

Very comfortable rooms which were perfect for our stay. It felt secure with the key card system and the luggage storage facilities were also very good. The day staff on reception were most helpful.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

go to c.c. hotel

nothing really.. perhaps air con could be a touch cooler when temp outside is 32+

room was a perfect size for the trip.. clean bed and bathroom what more do you need?? helpful staff and room was peaceful. great location

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

The staff were friendly and courteous.

The rooms were a bit on the small size.

The staff were friendly and courteous. We were a group of 16 family and friends travelling for our parents 50th wedding anniversary the staff gave them an upgrade to a lovely room and put chocolates and wine in the room for them, it was a lovely touch thank you. Location was perfect and the hotel was well kept and clean.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

more close to 1 star hotel, stay away if you don't want to ruin your nights in beautiful Amsterdam
    • Small Double Room

the staff, not welcoming and not helping. Air conditioning very noisy and disgusting dirty, pieces of dust were falling down from air condition unit on bed pillow. From the bathroom a bad small were spreading around the room, a total disaster. Asked for a room change but once saw the others one i really get that i choose the wrong hotel. Not worth the money they ask, better alternatives very close, i'll never get back here. No breakfast nor restaurant rooms

only the location, close to the Amsterdam centraal railway station and near to the old town, really in little walking distance and close to public transportation. Note that in this area there are better hotels than this and cheaper as well.

Amazing place
    • Small Double Room

The room was very very small

I loved one particular staff called Vincent he was so helpful from the moment we walked in the door and really set off a good vibe through out the hotel itself , we wouldn’t of had such a good stay if it wasn’t for him

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

Absolutely fantastic! Wouldn’t stay anywhere else!
    • Small Double Room

Nothing at all the staff couldn’t of been better and the facilities and hotel decor where so modern and beautiful

Hotel cc was amazing, we interacted with a lot of different staff members and they all couldn’t do enough to help us. Friendly and helpful staff, gorgeous rooms and amazing location. If I ever return to Amsterdam I wouldn’t hesitate where to stay as hotel cc has no competition never had a hotel experience like it! Thanks to all the staff who made our stay special!

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

Great location and the staff were more than happy to hold...
    • Standard Twin Room

Could be a little cleaner but for the price it was fine

Great location and the staff were more than happy to hold our bags before and after we checked in and out as our flights were early getting in and late leaving.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

Room - Clean, comfortable and fresh
    • Standard Twin Room

Late check in, had to pay for late check out. Assumed breakfast was part of the stay based on booking.

Room - Clean, comfortable and fresh Area - Easy to get around, somewhat sketchy at night but you expect that

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Contemporary, clean hotel with 5 star location and service.
    • Standard Twin Room

Contemporary, clean hotel with 5 star location and service. I will definitely return & recommend this accommodation to colleagues, family & friends.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Value for money.

The staff were friendly and the hotel was very well placed. Perfect for a busy business trip so I could get to all the main attractions in my down time.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Great location, in the heart of the red light district.

size of rooms, lack of facilities

Great location, in the heart of the red light district. Staff generally friendly, breakfast is large portion and good quality

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Breakfast was in an italian restaurant next door and was...
    • Small Double Room

The lifts only went up to level 3, so if on level 4 or 5, you have to carry your bags up some quite steep steps. Didnt bother us too much but may cause issues for others.

Breakfast was in an italian restaurant next door and was lovely. Great location Room was small but very clean and bathroom/shower was new and modern Staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

The location of the hotel was excellent.
    • Small Double Room

Room was a bit small for two people with suitcases, but we managed. The hotel rate we got was actually expensive for the room, even for peak season, we thought.

The location of the hotel was excellent. It was a five minute walk from Amsterdam Centraal and right in the middle of many attractions. The room we had was facing a canal (which I requested) and the bed was very comfortable. Staff was also delightful and they allowed us to store our luggage while we were away for a few days.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Good comfortable stay, nice people in a excelent location. highly recommended.
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

we had a four person room, so we were up in the attic which was fine, except for the slope on the floor which ment a couple of the beds were on a slant. and you need more mirrors, one mirror for four girls was a push.

Hotel is right in the middle of everything, perfect for exploring the city.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Cosy, convenient, clean, yet quite small

Room was very small, my partner kept hitting his head on beams (note: if you are tall probably wouldn't advise to stay here or on the top level). Also, a smell started coming from the plumbing in the bathroom but a lovely lady came and put some liquid down the drain and we never had an issue again. A bit pricey.

Location was amazing!! Room was cosy and clean.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Mixed!!
    • Small Double Room

Finding old milk inside the kettle in our room & all the trip hazards! Matching carpet throughout which was clean & nice, but you couldn't see when there was a step because of this. Which resulted in one of the other guests straining her foot & both me & my partner tripping over on more than one occasion. Decor was nice until you look closely, room was extremely small. Expensive for all these issues.

Staff were friendly & pleasant, & the location was ideal. Great help having a secure place to leave our bags as we had a late return flight.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Ideal to enjoy the buzz of the city
    • Small Double Room

Really nice little hotel, our room was a small double but was absolutely fine for two adults. Very clean and comfortable with lovely bathroom. Although on a busy street surrounded by bars, cafes and nightlife our room was very quiet. Short walk from the station and DFDS pick up point. The staff, who were always on hand, were friendly, efficient and helpful. We were able to leave our luggage securely both before check-in and after check-out.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Location was good
    • Standard Twin Room

No ventilation in bathroom and extract fan was broke room 408 Foul smell coming from bathroom so bad you could not bear step foot into it in the morning time until you air out. Apart from that all good

Location was good Has a lift Air conditioning

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Long days, shorts nights with the right amount of fun. Thank you hotelCC for the amazing hospitality
    • Small Double Room

The aircon was very noisy.

Being so central and on a very busy street I thought it would be very noisy in the room, however it was perfect. The staff are very helpful and friendly always a smile when they greet you no matter how many times you enter or exit the hotel. All in all loved everything about it.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

View from bed was expectational.

Breakfast was not good...It only had three menus and they tasted the same...but the waitress was very polite..:)

View from bed was expectational...also staff was very helpfull

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Short stay break in Amsterdam.
    • Standard Twin Room

Didn't dislike the property.

It was in a central location and a short walk to all facilities. Also it was only a few minutes walk from the drop off point for the p&o ferry bus from Hull. There was a nice small cafe over the road that did good breakfasts for only 7 euros and a pleasant service.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Staff very helpful , caring , and good attentive service
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

Taxi or car cannot access to the hotel front door during busy business hours. Street no longer passable due to to much people roaming the action area

Staff very helpful , caring , and good attentive service

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Brilliant spot lovely staff spotless boutique hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

On the last night me n my daughter were kept up all night with people partying our room window was in a courtyard even though I had booked canal view. Their was liquids getting through out of windows music shouting very scary reported to staff wen checking out she said she did pass it to manager but have not heard from them.

Brilliant spot lovely staff spotless boutique hotel

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

It did the job but it was way too expensive for what you got

The room was very small and claustrophobic - the toilet and sink were too close together, you had to slide your knees under the sink while sitting on the toilet

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Brilliant location, over priced for the facilities available
    • Small Double Room

Friendlier receptionists (males) Lighting in the room wasn't great A bit overpriced

The location was brilliant along with the security of the hotel.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

The Hotel CC

The room was ridiculously small, I bearly had room to move to the far side of my bed, had knocked my leg few time on the sides of the bed which really affected my walking under pressure. Didn't have enough place for the luggage of couple.

Nice and kind service from the reception, and great location

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Tiny room no air conditioning not worth the money at all !
    • Small Double Room

Tiny room no air conditioning not worth money !!!!

Really was not worth Newrly 700 for a small double room for 3 nights I have spent less on other hotels which was much better value and quality then this room we where giving

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Location was great, many restaurants, train, bus and tourist...

Shower needs a shelf. Room small but still very useable. Needs more hangers and closet space.

Location was great, many restaurants, train, bus and tourist sites nearby. Bed very comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

I felt very comfortable and the hotel was welcoming. Would recommend:)
    • Large Deluxe Double Room

It was a bit plain with not much to look at, colours were a bit dull/plain.

The bed was nice and comfortable and the wonky corridors and walls was cool.. bathroom was nice too. Hotel was secure at night, with lovely staff who were always available to help.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Location was perfect.
    • Standard Twin Room

The cleaners knocking on the door very early waking us up to clean the room even though we paid extra for late check out.

Location was perfect. Staff very nice! Nice clean room.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

I had a room with 2 floors, with a bed on a second floor...
    • Small Double Room

I had a room with 2 floors, with a bed on a second floor under the roof and it was very inconvenient and very hot. Airconditioner worked only on 1st floor. Never take this room again.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Barely Beareble _ tg it was only 2 nights
    • Small Double Room

-Check in time 14:00?? -Room floor is not straight hard to sleep when u feel like rolling over , the ceiling is low -Sheets washed but with dots on them towels are less than white -No remote for the air conditioner

Proximity to CS

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Excellent!

Nothing to complain!

The bed was very comfy. It was very clean. The staff was nice and helpful. The best thing about the hotel is location - lots of bars and restaurants around. Excellent!

Very central.
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

Asked for a canal view but were put on the other side overlooking the street. Bit of noise of emptying glass bottles into rubbish.

Very central. We had a room for 4 and the room was huge. Beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Would probably stay here again purely for the convenience of...
    • Standard Twin Room

Paid £800 for the worlds smallest room, the floor was on a slant so it felt like you were on a sinking ship, found a dirty sock stuffed between the bed, human bodily fluids found on the curtain - overall, not great.

Would probably stay here again purely for the convenience of the location

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Our experience was great!
    • Small Double Room

My only complaint would be the “small” room is actually very small. I had read this in reviews prior to booking, so I knew what to expect, but with 2 backpacks in the room it was quite crowded. Next time I think I’d book the larger room.

Our experience was great! I had requested a room with a canal view upon booking online, and they did give it to us! The view was wonderful! Clean room and soft bed!

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Fantastic

A little cheaper

The room was amazing had 2 floors the bed was on the roof top the view was amazing! I got stuck in dam for another day! And always wanted to stay so I booked it for one night a wished I booked it my whole stay!

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

I was happy with mainly everything apart from the beds being...
    • Standard Twin Room

I was happy with mainly everything apart from the beds being slightly torn on the headboard and thought the cleanliness could of been slightly better.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Simply Amazing! Staff and Location cannot be beat!
    • Standard Twin Room

Since it is a pedestrian-only street, travelers must walk with their luggage perhaps 5 minutes from the nearest drop-off point, or train station. There are only stairs to get to the rooms if you do not stay on ground floor. The stairs are narrow, so a big and heavy luggage will be difficult to maneuver.

I loved how cozy the room was. Plus I felt very safe. Access is well controlled! Location was amazing, a short and pretty straight forward walk to Central Station, located in a "happening" pedestrian-only street filled with restaurants, cafes, bars, shop, and a block from other main tourist attractions at the heart of Amsterdam. Even though it is on a busy street, I slept like a baby. No noise reached my room! The staff could not have been more personable, and HELPFUL! They made great recommendations based on what I was looking for, and searched online for information if they didn't have it readily available. Highly recommended!!

• Standard Twin Room

Sound proofing is not really good

Good location Good breakfast Room was in the last floor w/o lift, could be a problem if you have a lot of luggage.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Fantastic time away

Headboard as stated above

Very comfy bed, room was very clean only thing I have to say is maybe invest in new headboards all the leather was hanging off ours, other than that being the only thing it was brilliant

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Rip-off price

250 euros per night for the smallest hotel room I'we ever seen & it didn't included breakfast! Brilliant location but an absolute rip-off .. stay somewhere else for less!

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

4.0
    I won't be staying there again.

Room was ridiculously small - no bigger than a broom cupboard. I travel a lot and have never seen a room like it. Given the rate per night it was unacceptable. I couldn't recommend this to anyone else - colleagues who were paying more or less the same rate had much more acceptable room sizes at other properties.

Location was central. Bathroom was relatively new.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Fantastic location in the heart of the red light district...
    • Standard Twin Room

Could be noisy due it’s location however it’s all part of it!

Fantastic location in the heart of the red light district and Dam square. Lovely old building.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Fab location friendly staff modern room
    • Small Double Room

Our room (?008) was directly under the stairs which was very frustrating as it was so noisy every time anyone walked up or down the stairs !!

Very comfortable pillows and bed lovely view very central location

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Fine but super expensive and cramped. Location is amazing.

Room was tiny like literally a bed and no space to walk. Expensive anyway and was charged an extra £100 for city tax! Staff were super miserable and ignored you, apart from an Asian guy who was very friendly and attentive.

Couldn’t ask for a bettter location. Amazing view along the canal if you get a room at the back. My favourite coffee!

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Excellent hotel, have stayed a few times and will be staying again
    • Large Deluxe Double Room

Only problem was the bed was a small double and our feet were hanging off the end

Staff are always friendly when we stay here and always happy to help. Rooms are always clean and well kept. The hotel is on the middle of the centre but rooms are not noisy

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Location, location, location !!
    • Standard Twin Room

LIGHTING!! The bathroom was like being in a closet, very limited lighting, you could not shave, apply makeup or put in contacts. The most light was in the shower which by the way was very nice and large. Great water pressure and nice shower fixture. The room itself also had poor lighting. Unable to read anything other than electronic devices and because the weather was very dreary there was little outside light to help.

Plenty of plugs, very clean, nice bedding. Of course you couldn't beat the location which makes up for a lot. You can walk to Central station and still be in the heat of the action. Why would you not want to be here ??

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

The best location, very helpful and responsive staff, very...
    • Standard Twin Room

Very small rooms but I guess in Amsterdam city centre it is astandard

The best location, very helpful and responsive staff, very nice shower, comfie bed and nice smart design of rooms

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Interesting but comfortable

As the hotel is close to/ in red light district it is busy and noisy at all hours of night especially at weekends. Guests tend not to respect no smoking rules. Fire alarm activated due to a guest smoking in their room.

A basic hotel as expected but clean and comfortable. Strange layout, lots of stairs and corridors after exiting lift to our floor

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Ideal location...and we would stay there again.
    • Standard Twin Room

We got used to it, but we felt a highlighting tape on the step up to the bathroom would be helpful and our bathroom sink plug didn't work, but that was manageable. The rooms are very intimate (small) which might not work if you don't know the person you are sharing with so well. Also because of the small room/closeness of furniture there is a limited amount of space for hanging clothing, luckily we were travelling light. That said, the use of space has been utilised well, with a plug socket next to each bed (always annoying when there isn't and you want to charge your phone which doubles as your clock) and even a full length mirror by the door. Unfortunately we did find it awkward to use the tea/coffee making facilities though, these are on a tray under a unit but with no plug near by it has to be manoeuvred across the room next to the beds and with space being tight, this wasn't easy and felt a little unsafe.

Our stay was for three nights and we weren't expecting to spend lots of time in our room as it was a sightseeing/chilled break. We liked the size of the bathroom which had a good/roomy shower, toilet and sink and the beds were very comfy. We picked the hottest weekend of the year so far so were really pleased that the rooms all have air conditioning :) The Wifi was good in our room 301 on the third floor) and logged me back in each time we returned to the hotel. The location is excellent and was a ten minute stroll from the train station, Dam Square and was situated in/very close to, the red light area...which unlike red light areas in some cities, is very pleasant and bustling. It took us 20 minutes to walk to the Anne Frank House and about 25 to the Flower Market. Plenty of bars and restaurants in the area and we ate at a different one each day for breakfast as there are so many serving breakfast that are on the same street as the hotel.

Browse Hotel CC Traveler Photo Gallery