Reviews of Hotel Chariot 4 stars

Oosteinderweg 243, 1432 AT Aalsmeer, Netherlands

#3 of 4 hotels in Aalsmeer

• Executive Double Room

Receiption girl seems not happy, not like friendly smiled receiption I had experienced. I do not know it is their habit or if I did something wrong (but definitely I am not). My room bathtub had a yellow dot (coin size) stain but sheets are very clean. Price 150 euro is not cheap for a location like that. Next time I do not think I will stay again.

Located at quiet place.

Couldn’t open the window and view was a parking lot. Basic facilities. Breakfast over priced.

Quite basic but fine! Breakfast quite expensive for what it is but otherwise fine. Not amazing, not bad - was ok for 2 nights! Bath in the room is a perk

Nothing I didn't like.

Great breakfast (fresh bread and fruit, great coffee), comfy beds, very friendly staff, clean room and bathroom, good parking.

We booked here thinking it would be good to spend the last 2 days of our holiday here -close to schipol and near aalsmeer ,a smaller village.caught the free shuttle on arrival from lisbon .the staff were very friendly and efficient.the room was small but very comfortable beds with good linen and great bathroom with hot hot water . It is not close to amsterdam but we mastered the bus system from here into central.very easy.catch the bus from masjineweg (just around the corner) to amstelveen and another from there into central .the buses run very frequently so it takes approx 30 minutes for the whole trip - 6 euro one way and its the 90 minute ticket. Overall a pleasant experience at the hotel.

Noise from the Beach Club right in front of my room. After a 12 hours flight was impossible to get to sleep with all the teens screams.

The rivers in front

Depending what is your main destination . It is a bit outside Amsterdam, but with private car very convenient to reach.Expensive shuttle to airport Schiphol and then by local train to visit Amsterdam . Don't go with your own car into Amsterdam ,The big flower auction Aalsmeer very close.

Excellent restaurant food/ and breakfast. Nice rooms. Nice decorated

The Mouse running around under the tables in the dinning room. The fact that they didn't at least reimburse me for one out of the three rooms that I booked. The attitude was the worst I've experienced in years of traveling.

The location is next to the airport and handy if you have nothing else to do. I booked this hotel foe 3 couples because of the location from the airport. However we decided to take a cab into Amsterdam which was a huge mistake. you can rent a car for a day if you use a cab more than once for the same price or less. The worst experience was spending the night with no air-conditioning. I realized it wasn't working when we checked in and asked the maid to check it. She did set it and assured me that it worked. It didn't, when we came back from dinner it was late so we left the window open instead of trying to find a repair person. That ended up being a horrible mistake, it was hot, humid, noisy, so needless to say the worst night I can remember in a long time. In the morning I called the front desk to inform them of the problem and was told that the air works and I didn't know how to operate it. I guess the maid didn't know either. I was treated like a piece of dirt by the big black lady at reception (sorry I don't know her name so that's the only way I can describe her). The checkout date was May 31st in case management wants to know who was working. People like that need to be fired.

Getting out of a very comfy bed at 5 am! But that's my problem no the hotel's 😅

Staff were very friendly and helpful! The restaurant was good and the prices were pretty reasonable. Room was fantastic can fault that in anyway! Shuttle service was a great bonus!

• Executive Double Room

We thought the shuttle to the airport was complimentary for the first ride. Apparently it is only free from the airport to check in, we had to pay in the morning when we wanted to use it for the first time to go to the airport.

• Family Room

1/ Dont book this location for and Amsterdam trip unless you have a car. 2/ daytime rest may be difficult due the beach club next door. Then again you might go to it and enjoy it!

Decent power shower with a bath, comfortable king size bed and a fair sized room with opening full height windows. Staff friendly and welcoming. Plenty of free parking.

• Family Room

the fact that first we were told that late night pick up taxi can be arranged from Ziggadome then in reality they refused to do it when there was a staff change. The result was that with an 8yr old child we arrived at 1am. By the time a taxi service could be found, and this onlt thanks to the Holiday Inn stafe close by the Zigga dom Hardly a sleep as early morning had a flight to catch.

• Park, Sleep & Fly - Double Room (1-9 nights)

The location is not near any train stations to access Amsterdam, had to take shuttle back to airport. Would have preferred to stay right near airport since we only had an overnight stay over to enjoy the city.

the front desk staff were most accommodating after we had a delay in the shuttle from the airport. They arranged for shuttle services so we could get into the city without delay. It was in very quiet location.

Commercial policy not so fair and a bit agressive sending you many emails to offert you extras. Expensive breakfast with extras.

Nice room and confotable hotel

The shuttle service is bad. At first they did not pick up the phone when I call to get the shuttle. When I finally reached them it took me more than 1h to get to the hotel from the airport and still the driver did not know he should drive me there...

It is clean and rather quiet place

• Executive Double Room

When i booked the hotek thought it was nearer to amsterdam central but that was my fault

The coffee just wasnt to my taste everything else was exellent

Location is near the airport but yet it still takes about 20 minutes to get there. You will most likely need to rent a car if you plan to go into Amsterdam or any other nearby place. The usage of the shuttle is confusing. It does not appear to be free, after taking it just once (two of us) a $32 dollar charge appeared on the total.

Very beautiful suite with giant window.

I was sure the Breakfast is included but in fact - no. (But I guess it was my mistake)

Paintings everywhere - it's wonderful!! - in a corridors, near reception, in a restaurant and even in a room. That's great! Looks like a small castle-museum in an old beautiful Holland village. And finally - rich and diverse breakfast.

This time we had own transport, so it was not our own matter, but if I understand the hotel info correctly, the airport shuttle bus service is not entirely free of charge when you use it twice. If the shuttle bus service is free for 1x return trip to/from Schiphol airport, I will definitely use this hotel again for my next early morning flight.

We were a group of 3 adults but could stay in Junior Suite room for 2 person with an OK sofa bed for a rather limited surcharge. The sofa bed is also ready to use when we checked-in (thumbs up!). The room had quite a high ceiling and gave us very open and relaxed feeling. Interior was very charming, modern and functional. They also offer two breakfast plans: small continental for 9.5 euro or full buffet for 15 euro. The best airport hotel I have ever stayed in and outside of The Netherlands.

They did not accept diners club credit card and hence had to make a direct debit so that they would not cancel the rooms

Comfortable and clean room , free parking

The facilities were great, as well as AM check-out staff and the gentleman serving coffee at the bar in the morning! Thank you. The only frustrating thing was the girl who was working at the front desk when we checked in late seemed slightly "bothered" by the fact she had to stop from socializing with other staff to help us check in. Good location and service otherwise.

The room was modest, compared to the price. Located in a village, I foound nothing very special. The date was surely in the high season. And the hotel was fully booked that night when we stayed. Some guests arrived late, so we could hear some noise.

Cozy breakfast canteen, clogs are sold at lower prices, receptionist are very helpful. All the staff (at the kitchen and room service) were very nice with smile.

• Park, Sleep & Fly - Double Room (18-25 nights)

The hotel confirmed there would be a baby crib in the room after reservation and when I check in. Surprisingly there was no baby crib in the room. I called reception and they said they would arrange that straight away and I never heard back again. Night was difficult with a baby sleeping in the bed with us.

The room had a good size, bed was comfortable. Located nearby the airport.

The second time we stayed we called from the airport to be picked up and the minivan took 1h20min before it came. The hotel and taxi company advised this was due to an accident. We understand that there is nothing they can do about that, but no one called us to keep us informed and when we called to find out what is going on, they said rather abruptly the minivan is stuck in traffic and will be there in 10min. We called 20min later again and the answer was the same. When we called the third time 1h15 standing outside the airport and complained that still no one is here and we have had no update, the conversation finished with the receptionist just stating „whatever“ and simple hanging up the phone. Completely out of order. It is really a shame as on the first stay the staff at reception was really nice!

The rooms are really nice, clean and tidy. The first night all the staff we met was courteous and lovely and as we took a taxi to the hotel from the airport not using the free shuttle there, they gave us the shuttle back foc.

The free shuttle from the airport turned up and we didn’t know it was there so it left without us, we asked them to send another one, they said they did but when we called again, no one had sent one so they had to send another one. It took us an hour and a half for the shuttle to collect us. Also the bus stop near the hotel was shut so we had to walk 49 minutes to the next one. So just check ahead as the travel options aren’t great from here to Amsterdam city.

The room was lovely and the food at the restaurant was affordable but nice.

Was informed we could have got a free shuttle bus from the airport after paying for a taxi. Location. No breakfast included. Air conditioning not functioning so we had to change rooms. Shower scalding

The room was spacious.

• Executive Double Room

The staff makes the hotel. Nothing was to much trouble. Extremely warm and welcoming. When we wanted to stay longer, they did everything to make it happen .

• Family Room

The local transport into Amsterdam is poor from here. You need a car, and luckily i had one! A taxi is estimated as 65 euro each way to Amsterdam, local buses will take a long time. The park and ride cost 18 euro including trams! Car parks in Amsterdam vary a lot in price but expect 25 euro for half a day. The Beach club next door is lively in the day - no chance of an afternoon nap.

Good size room and of a high standard for the price.

We stayed here with some friends. In both of our bathrooms, we kept finding bugs. I am sure they were in our room too but I chose not to look to closely. As our friend's first experience visiting Europe, they were less than impressed. Also the staff wasn't too helpful with directions or recommendations. I was a little surprised that they weren't helpful to the "tourists"

The room was nice and quite elegant. It had a new feel. Close to the airport by car. 1 hour bus ride into Amsterdam.

• Family Room

We had to wait more than 50 minutes to get the shuttle to Schiphol, which was quite annoying. If your schedule is tight, book a hotel directly at Schiphol to avoid problems like this.

• Park, Sleep & Fly - Double Room (1-9 nights)

Nothing around, 30min+ waiting for taxi. Really far away from everything. Long wait for courtesy bus from airport. All transport first to schiphol airport then by train to AMS. I Amsterdam card does not cover the trains

Nice staff, helpful

We didn’t have a great experience at the hotel restaurant. We waited to be seated for more than 20 mins (no one came up to us or even seen us) I finally walked back and asking if we just seat ourselves or wait to be seated. The lady told me we have to be seated by a worker, but we can just seat in the front section and she will come up to us. Took her 15mins to actually come up to us to order, but she didn’t bring us a menu at all. We ordered our drinks and then she bought us a menu.

Hotel attendance were super nice and helpful. The hotel was very spacious and loved the layout. We loved big windows and that we could open the door.

The transfers!! I was left waiting for the transport for 50mins at the airport. The vehicle had parking nl written on the side of it. Loads of minibuses and various cars appeared while i waited in the appropriate place i was told to and nobody approached me. I had no reason to go to a van that had parking written on it as i hadn't booked any parking. A card on the dashboard with the hotels name wasn't visible from the pavement as there was a road inbetween. A sign needs to be displayed in the side window. Transfers both to and from the hotel were like white knuckle rides at a theme park!! The drivers were driving very fast and were constantly having to brake heavily/sharply. They drove like rally drivers. In future maybe somebody should be telling the hotel guests when they call to ask to be picked up from the airport, which vehicle to look out for? The transfer staff were not very friendly or helpful and were also late picking me up on the return back to the airport. Luckily i had allowed extra time for this. It's not like it was a free shuttle i had paid for it. Zero customer service for the transfers. If i had to score it, 0 out of 10

The room was nice with a comfy bed and soft pillows.

The hotel staff forgot to inform the transporter to pick us from the airport despite informing them well in advance about our arrival time which was 1am. We had small kids with us and it was freezing cold outside the airport. We had to request someone from the airport authority to call the hotel and request them to send the airport shuttle. The driver was very friendly and informed us that he didnt have our name in his pick-up list so it wasn't his fault.

The hotel is close to the airport so its convenient for a short stay in Amsterdam. They provide free shuttle service to the airport so that a bonus. The rooms were spacious and beds were pretty big.

Airport transportation was not fully included in the price (only the pickup from the airport but not the shuttle to the airport the next morning)

Clean spacious rooms

• Executive Double Room

Unfortunately we paid for a delux room and received a standard. It was only noticed by us a day later. The hotel offered a £15 discount which I didnt feel was proportunate to the difference in rooms. The reason they gave was that they were over subscribed - although as we paid for a delux we expected that. The fridge was not in working order - so all the drinks were hot. We had to request ice everytime, which wasn’t convenient as there was no ice when restaurant was closed. The extractor fan was also broken in bathroom which means we had to shower with door open which filled the entire toom with steam.

Good location Easy check in/out Great restuarant!! Good staff

The key card! In the 3 days I was there I consumed 10 key cards! Really annoying Beware that flights fly right above you during the day only- noise. Great shuttle service to and from airport!

Excellent breakfast

When I checked in: - There was no reservation under my name or under booking.com - They want me to pay €138.50 instead of €121.50 as stated on my reservation thru booking.com All of the abovementioned situation need an argumentation with the receptionist! The junior suite room is simply a bit bigger than a standard room. Toilette-tissues on the rack were almost finished, they do not change into the new one when I checked into the room. The upper windows are all opened and I had to closed it by myself. There is no body lotion. The sink is not properly clean. The glasses are not clean, there is still stain inside.

None.

It took longer than I had expected for the shuttle to get us from the airport, but that was probably my expectation. I'm OK with that. Maybe when the customer calls for the van they could be given an idea of how long it will take.

Nice, clean and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food very good. Coffee was the BEST I had in 10 days of traveling around Germany Switzerland and France.

• Family Room

The window of the room is not isolating the sound!

The area around is very nice and they offer round trip shuttle to the airport with only 20 Euro which is nice.

Minibar had expired items and everything was warm (fridge wasn't on) and our window was broken (wouldn't close).. nothing terrible.

Great hotel close to the airport, comfy beds, great shuttle service. Able to leave luggage with front desk before check in which was a plus.

Front desk staff talking to other staff during check-in and check-out, not paying attention to the customer all the time. It was more like chitchatting with friends. Also the fact that there's a big table behind the front desk used by family and friends is not so professional.

Clean modern room

shuttle bus: Passengers should be told that they are to cross one road outside door A, and the driver should get out of the bus to meet them. If the meeting place is always the arrivals hall terminal 3 door A, this could be mentioned on the website of the hotel. It would be nice if the driver and other shuttle bus staff were a bit more friendly.

• Family Room

Too far to the cities, you must wait the bus for about 30minutes with no where to seat. The receptionist is no 24hours, so u must ready asking the shuttle bus the day before you are leaving in the early morning.

Nice place.. nice room, i like the bathroom.. :) my children love it

Spacious rooms, excellent location near the Schipol Airport. Quiet despite the airport being nearby. Staff was professional and check-in and check-out quick and uncomplicated. The restaurant is also very good.

• Family Room

Reception was very accommodating and was able to check us in early after a long flight at 9am in the morning after a long flight in. Dinner at the restaurant was delicious as well.

• Executive Double Room

Bed was really comfort. Shuttle to and from the airport was on time and the best way to get to hotel and back to airport. Bus line to Amsterdam Central is great if you like to see some sight-seeing on the way.

for the price really could not expect more

Bed extra comfy; very nice helpful staff; no problem with diet difficulties quiet location (though a little plane noise - very muted by good glazing). very good fresh food in the restaurant

the room had a sewage smell, and there was a low vibration throughout the room and walls (engine sound). Tried to change rooms, but they were all full. women at desk said that I would get a diacount upon checkout, but when i checked out the woman (a different one) was very rude to me and no discount was given.

The hot water wasn't enough to fill the tub and the heater was strange to figure out.

The people we're very nice and the room was nice. The bed was amazing and the restaurant was great inside the hotel.

We were traveling with three adults and a baby. For that reason i booked a suite. It turned out that upon checking in there was no coach in the room(although it was stated in the description). What striked me was that a clerk had to go upstairs and check this herself. We were moved to another room, but our troubles continued. We ordered room service at hotel’s restaurant. Twenty minutes after the order was placed we were told that kitchen could not do room service and we had to go to the restaurant. Finally after waiting for one hour in the restaurant we got our food. Upon checking out we were charged one extra capucino (we discovered it only once we left the hotel). I cannot say anything bad about personal of the hotel, but the hotel itself has some serious management issues. It is like buying an expensive piano that is not tuned. It only looks good until it starts playing....

• Family Room

Uncomfortable bed which gave us back pain, Pillows too soft. Bathroom floor and bedroom not on same level. I nearly fell over. Air conditioning not so s

Spacious room.Lovely bathroom

• Family Room

The hotel is situated next to the road, so we could hear cars driving pass. The hotel is not close to the airport, so you have to pay for a shuttle service.

I liked the spacious room. They offered us the family suite and it was nice. Staff were friendly, breakfast was excellent.

Pickup shuttle could hv improved as location for pick is correctly given. Hiicups caused by misunderstanding location given to van driver. Could be improved as this just a communication error. Better try next time.

B/fast was great & wide spread of choices. Coffee as served in a small pot which is perfect!

Room and hotel was clean but room had a bit of a sewage-y smell, possibly from shower drain.

Very handy location to Schiphol Airport but still felt like a quaint local hotel in a quiet area. Check-In and Bar/Restaurant staff were excellent.

Information for the airport shuttle meeting point was a bit unclear. Further clarification would be ideal. I also had issues as you have to call the hotel upon arrival - as someone from outside the EU, I don't have cheap roaming options, so had to try and make a call via wifi. Since I had already noted the time I was due to arrive, it seemed a bit unnecessary to me.

Service at the hotel was great, as was the food at the restaurant. It was a smoothly run trip, and I felt that my needs were catered to professionally and competently.

- Location is far farther than it looks from Amsterdam - Shuttle service didnt answer - No front desk after midnight to help with shuttle - TV channels very limited - Felt like an idiot trying to figure out the bath/shower "controls", complex and sensitive - a few weevils/bugs in the room - Room temp maxed at 30C but never reached that

- Front desk allowed us to check in earlier than 2pm, this was great after a red eye flight. - Room was a good size - Didnt use it but the restaurant looked good and handy while you wait for that shuttle

The heat was broken in our room during our January stay so our room was very cold. The staff did nothing to help us. They just said they would make a note of it. We were not offered another room or a portable heater. We were not offered a discount on the room rate either. Very poor customer service.

The room was clean.

• Family Room

Shuttle bus service terrible. Two stafff at reception very slow to check is in with young kids late at night . no offer of help with bags ro room, welcome to the nether;lands

Forgot to bring flip flops and hotel doesn't provide, little inconvenience. leave at 5 a.m. and cannot find a person to check me out, have to send an email to take deposit back.

room is big, with a small balcony. very tidy.

Breakfast very very limited. And not fresh (cheese must have been there for days). Most stuff was gone anyone. Waitress didn't speak dutch and hardly english. And certainly didn't like my late arrival. 15 Euros for this breakfast?

Nice place foor a fair price. Upper Floor rooms pretty loud.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Too long distance from airport / it was wrong discription about km in the information in booking. com- it is about 15 min driving- not 2,3 km! Our room was near bye the aircondition- very much noise all the night.

Very remote to Amsterdam. Travel very expensive. Also, booked extra night so I could check in early. They sold the room and delayed my entry until it was cleaned.

Safe.

Bathroom is a bit old fashioned. I'd prefer not to have a bathtub in a hotel. Room is heated by a central heating system and the airco doesn't have a heating function to support it. There's no fresh air intake in the room except for the windows. Sound insulation is poor, especially for the room door. Noisy and unauthorized kids in the hall easily woke me up in the middle of the night.

Room was tidy and clean overall. The main building looks descent. It's in a few minutes drive distance from Schipol Airport. It was located in quiet&peaceful neighborhood. Free parking facility and the descent restaurant&bar across (which is actually a beach volley club) were big pros. Compared to the room prices around Schipol and Amsterdam City Centre it's a good deal.

• Executive Double Room

Room style a bit old fashioned

The room was very spacious and clean, the best of this property was the staff working in the breakfast area and the cocktail bar. They were very welcome with us even if we arrived late that night for couple of shots.

• Family Room

Location is not easy to reach if you don't use hotel shuttle bus or carry your own car. If you use taxi or uber it will be pricey, around €40-50 from schipol the hotel gave us free shuttle from hotel to airport and go back. Thank you

we stay at the family room and this room is very comfortable.

• Family Room

Thank you very much for welcoming us, Everything was excellent - the room, the breakfast, the service and -of course- the staff. Very nice place to stay. For going to Amsterdam, we went few minutes by car till Metro-Station 'Westwijk', put there our car and jumped into the Metro (all 10 minutes also in the later evening time. Till Central Station it took appr. 40 minutes)

Elevator being out of order.

Wanted to be close to the airport and a close by village. There was lots to see in the area. Hotel was comfortable, great bar, restaurant and friendly staff.

the elevator was not working. we had to ask someone to help us with carrying the luggage upstairs. Also, I was charged 20 euros for taking the shuttle to the airport. The shuttle was only free from the airport, not going to the airport. Very confusing and I did not expect the extra charge until I checked out.

comfortable bed. big bathroom.

lift didnt work had to carry 3 bags and a suitcase up 3 flights of stairs, shuttle to airport same price as taxi, staff were quite rude when i mentioned this, only stay if your desperate for a bed

good breakfast but expensive

City taxes etc added at check-in. We got a car right out front but there was only 4 parks, which meant everyone else was stopped in the access-way while inside so couldn't get out and had to wait for other to do their thing.

Decent sized room, coudl open the doors to get fresh air in. Food nearby, supermarket nearby, airport nearby so it was good in that respect. Getting to the city was a bit long haul but manageable. Seemed like a nice quiet part of town which was pleasent. AC unit in the room too for those hotter nights.

The windows were did not block the noise completely

Standard quality hotel for its rate and price. Nothing special to mention. I came to stay 1 night before my flight from Schipol and for that purpose it was Ok and cheaper comparing to hotel located at the airport

• Park, Sleep & Fly - Double Room (1-9 nights)

Bed too soft Staff not here at 6.30 for check out Far from everything, despite being located on a beautiful but loooooong street.

- Good fresh breakfast - Restaurant food was delicious (dinner) : best beef eaten in past 10 years, crab soup succulent, ... great dinner - Very good shower pressure - Very nice room - Very quiet room

• Family Room

Shuttle offered as complimentary one way from airport. Didn't arrive from airport so asked if comp ride could be "to the airport". Answer "no". Shuttle cost 20 Euros round trip or one way. So, the comp ride from the airport is really not. Although I had a guaranteed rate from booking.com email printed out that I showed at check in, they attempted to overcharge me 100 Euros at checkout until I insisted they review the booking. Excuse was that the "rates went up." Very poor customer service, shuttle is a derelict vehicle with a unsafe driver. Loud airplane noise overhead regularly. If you are staying in Aalsmeer, get a place with complimentary shuttle. Do not book this place. Find one that is welcoming to tourists. When asked about travel to Amsterdam or any other request for information, they didn't know, except to take the overpriced shuttle to the airport and get a train.

Nice room

• Family Room

The shatel to the airport is very bad the driver was late in 30 m' and he was very rude. the reason we booked the hotel was the distance from the airport and if there is such a significant delay it misses why we chose the hotel. I will note that the shuttle is not freethe

the restrant is very good

• Family Room

a suburb ,not much to do around. also they charged us extra (10 euros) by mistake which was corrected as soon as we noticed it',but need to pay attention

located near the airport, a good choice for first/last night .great free wifi, free parking, comfortable room

Browse Hotel Chariot traveller photo gallery