Reviews of Apollo Hotel Lelystad City Centre 4 stars

Agoraweg 11, 8224 BZ Lelystad, Netherlands

#10 of 12 hotels in Lelystad

Biggest misrepresentation I have ever come across

EVERYTHING! Very poor room lighting - there isn't even a desk light, old beds, worn out bathroom fittings, room too warm and an old broken down fan to try and give the impression of airco, dirty entrance, shabby foyer, facilities and rooms nothing like in the pictures, snacks - soup and burgers - instead of the promise "dining is high on the list of wonderful moments. Our top chefs and special culinary concepts...". I could go on. In all my many stays in hotels big and small I have never come across such misrepresentation. Nothing like in the pictures. Awful value for money and poor quality.

NOTHING! There is absolutely nothing to like about the place.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Reception staff and that was it

Noisy, dirty, our bathroom had pee stains on the wall behind the toilet. We will never go back. Booked a double bed which was a choice booking.com gave but when we arrived we got a twin. Eventually they gave us a double, staff at reception super nice. Staff at breakfast were not nice, no greeting, no orange juice left, was not noticed it was as empty even though she walked 3 times round checking, had to wait 20 mins for bread as was in the oven, bacon hardly cooked. Thanks to reception staff for at least making it better at least and friendly .

Reception staff and that was it

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Large rooms, modern decor in a convenient central location

The room was very hot on arrival, but the air con soon sorted this. The location was good, but very quiet when I arrived at 8.30pm.

Lovely, spacious room and good, modern décor. The bathroom accessories and toiletries were a lovely touch. Bed was very comfortable.

Apollo Hotel was a joy

Great hotel only one thing I didnt like and that was the pillow and bed. I should have requested a new one, was just too soft for me. We were a couple with two single beds pushed together, again maybe I should have requested a move to a double.

Great location in Lelystad. Lovely helpful staff. Clean. Nice decor.

The beds are great (very firm), breakfast gives a good...

The pillows were awful - very soft, lumpy, and basically no use. Fortunately, the bed was good so all in all I slept well in spite of this

The beds are great (very firm), breakfast gives a good choice, the bar and food are great!

Will never book again, avoid this hotel at all costs!
    • Suite

After checking in, the staff could not provide us with a map of the city or any other interesting tourist information. We expected at least some suggestions from the staff. After all, it's their city... The room (the suite) was big, but the bathroom was absolutely a no-go. The shower was 'old style' (in the bathtub itself), no modern walk-in model. Luckily we are not elderly people who could have difficulties to get in and out. Only one sink (for the suite) is also below standards. As we were staying in the suite, we were expecting bathrobes also. Again, nothing here... Next morning the breakfast was an even bigger no-go. Nothing is fresh at all. I recognized the fruit salad from the Albert Heijn supermarket around the corner. Even this they could not do themselves. The oversized cheap coffee mugs from Ikea where also way too big. That way your coffee is always only 'half full' (looks cheap and not tasty). Also only one kind of yoghurt to choose from. Also the bread was from the supermarket Albert Heijn, and no opportunity to make a toast at all. After a not-so-good night with our 8 months old baby, we wanted to shorten the trip from 3 to 2 nights. The staff told us this was not possible at all, as it was a 'hot deal'. We checked the price ond the website of the hotel and noticed the same price. No 'hot deal' here... Short and simple, do not book this hotel if you want any standards. Avoid the hotel, unless you have enough money to spend on a low standard hotel. And if you want to stay here, avoid the breakfast at all costs! Will absolutely never again book another Apollo hotel. Not worth your money... A big thanx to the handyman to give us some interesting tourist information after all (should be promoted to hotel manager, not a handyman). We expect a compensation after all. I doubt the hotel will contact us though...

The helpfull handyman. The restaurant 'Steak from the Keizer' next door. Everything but the hotel itself...

Spacious room, modern design, very functional.

No air conditioning, room was very warm during the night, even with open window and fan. Bed was a bit too firm for my liking.

Spacious room, modern design, very functional.

Nice and accessible, near Jumbo supermarket and in Sundays...

Nice and accessible, near Jumbo supermarket and in Sundays there's AlbertHeinz nearby w/ opens to 10pm. Bus/Train station is a walking distance, lots of restaurants around. There's also an open market nearby. We came around July and in the afternoon in the market, there's a live band playing Elvis songs, a lot of people dancing, you can order food, beer and drinks, and there's also an inflatable playground for the kids in the market. It was really nice, we enjoy our stay.

A great time in Apollo Hotel with my son.

The room is great! The bed is big enough, the bathroom is very clean, the bathtub is big and the water does not leak to the floor. I like the bathroom and toilet that has always a dry floor.

Staff very friendly, plenty of choice on the breakfast

Unfortunately the lift only serves the 1st floor (bar, restaurant area) and does not serve the rooms. There is no option to take the stairs if the lifts are busy or not working properly (which happened on my arrival - they fixed them quickly)

Staff very friendly, plenty of choice on the breakfast

Two-day stay

The hotel restaurant had a very limited and expensive restaurant. The tub portion of the tub/ shower combo was very narrow and the lighting in both the bathroom and room was inadequate. We were charged $22 more when we extended for another night, directly with the hotel. Their explanation for their daily rate (a Monday) didn't make sense.

The hotel is conveniently located near a grocery store and other shopping/restaurants. Wide hallways and an elevator made for easy access and exit. Breakfast was good and served early. Had a location near reception to keep our bicycles, which we locked to ensure better security.

Just Amaizing

The Hotel was Amazing! The rooms was realy clean, with very nice furniture. The Wi-Fi was good also. The Location is perfect, everything is near by. For sure we will back!

It's a nice building with nice decorations. Will re-visit when in the area.
    • Suite

No big thing but the only window is poorly positioned and results in more than half of the room being very dimly lit during daytime. There's also not enough lighting in the room to compensation for this (at night the room is also very dim with all lights on). The double bed is actually two singles beds next to each other and separate easily. The sofa bed is _very_ firm. The bathroom has a shower in the bath, no walk-in shower. The balcony is really tiny, not worth calling it a balcony...

The suite was very nicely decorated and decent in size. Although it's listed as sleeping 3, it sleeps 4 (esp. when kids are involved): 2 single beds next to each other plus a large sofa bed.

In general the stay was good, but with minor issues when booking an extra room.
    • Suite

when booking an extra room, it was the same price as the suite, but lacked AC, everything was broken, toilet seat broken, soap dispenser broken, stuff unwilling to give a discount.

the suite which I originally booked was excellent, location is perfect

Check in has to be improve when you arrive.
    • Suite

Hello, My son came in your hotel some day before our arriving , to alert you that evening of 27 April we were arriving around midnight or more. When we arrived to the hotel, some body came down to open the door for us. Our room key was kept in the boxes outside the hotel but he didn't know how to opened it. Then my son and I spoke by phone whith some one else to give us the code to open the box. All this confusion story kept us outside the hotel for more than half our. Next time take much more carefully when people arrive for the first time in hotel after 23.00 o'clock. The television didn't show any italian channel. Thank you.

All have been perfect. You have to get better the check in and the television for italian channels. Thank you.

Good location if you work in Batavia Stad Outlet and within...

Bathroom was not cleaned after previous guest, still had used towels and hair in it.

Good location if you work in Batavia Stad Outlet and within walking distance from train station

MODERN, clean, nice room with a nice king size bed in a good...

Noise coming from the room next (communicating room)/ it soudéd like they where drunk. It started at about 06:00 in the morning...

MODERN, clean, nice room with a nice king size bed in a good location

We slept well and had a nice breakfast
    • Suite

We we're standing in the restaurant and didn't see anyone in 10-15 minutes, so we went to another restaurant.

Friendly staff, nice interior and soft beds

It was a very good stay

more diverse menu

Hotel's restaurant offers a poor menu in terms of diversity. Hotel has no parking for guests or it is not indicated clearly Staff are very friendly Customer care is really excelllent

Very good, happy to stay again.
    • Suite

Lifts are very slow, slightly expensive, no SPA or gym on site.

Shower power, hot water, cleanliness, fireplace and room style. Complimentary water and apples at reception.

Amazing
    • Suite

Everything... From the moment I walked in really tired, I was greeted by a nice young man very professional with a smile to the moment I woke up late and the lady at the reception understood and gave me another minute to check out. Excellent service, will definitely recommend this place.

Everything was quite good for a professional visit and stay.

Arriving back from work on a Saturday afternoon at 5pm and parking across the street at the city parking, I discovered that a) there's no way I could possibly pay for parking as the city parking only takes Maestro cards (not Visa/Mastercard!!!) and b) the hotel could only offer day parking pass at 4.50 Euro (even though I only needed an hour's worth at 1 Euro). So I had to pay extra for no reason. It would be nice if there's some way parking could be offered properly.

Everything was quite good for a professional visit and stay.

Nice location but a bit noisy

It is a bit noisy and all the noise from corridor can be heard in the room.

The hotel is in middle of the city and very easy to reach from train station.

Comfortable room in a friendly hotel.

The bathroom felt a little tired (traces of repairs); the douche was in the narrow part of the bath, which prevented one of us (who is not sure-footed) to use it. The bathroom was not 100% clean.

Conveniently located hotel. No parking on the premises, but cheap all-day parking across the street. Comfortable room, looking on a no-traffic square, with good curtains and the possibility to open a door to a french balcony for letting in the outside air.

Location is fantastic.
    • Suite

Gym was dirty and poorly run. The staff at the front desk was not helpful enough in providing us help on the public carpark payment method. He could have told us that we can buy the daily parking coupon from the hotel. We were having problem paying till some passerby told us and help us.

Location is fantastic.

All as expected.

I was on floor 3 and there was a kind of undefinable strange smell which the hotel should check. Not extremly strong, but I felt it somehow strange.

All was just normal according to what I expected. Staff was friendly and rooms very clean, which is the most important and self-evident. It is a quite place, in the direct sourrounding there is in the evening not a lot, all shops closed. Recommend to drive to the coast in the evening. Amazing sunset!!!!!

Friendly, helpful front desk staff

The front desk staff went out of their way to be helpful, especially Monique. She knew I was travelling by bicycle on a long Scandinavian tour and arranged a complementary drink for when I arrived. My bicycle was stored safely in the Reception area. She also contacted me after I left to say I had left something behind and arranged to post it on. I liked everything about my stay including the fabulous buffet meal in the Asian Restaurant. So although the hotel is busy, there is a great personal touch as well.

Excellent value for your money
    • Suite

It's very nice to have a bath tub but it very much limited the shower facility. The shower Screen was too small, almost impossible not to wet the bathroom.

Very specious room well functioning airco

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great team, making the stay enjoyable.

Heat in the hotel room was high and difficult to control

The staff was really friendly, the hotel called a few days before arriving if we had some special requests, previous visits we had. And jokingly I mentioned I like a good glass of wine. When entering the room a nice hand written card was waiting for us and a voucher for a glass of wine. We didn't have to the time to enjoy sitting at the bar, but in this case the offer was just what matters! Great job Apollo team!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Excellent place for a short stay

All OK

Central location. Very helpful and friendly receptionist! Several restaurants around. Amsterdam is just 45 by train and Lelystad is quite interesting.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Had a wonderful, peaceful stay with a relaxing sleep in the comfortable bed.

Cleanliness. Location. Good WiFi speed in room.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

portable ventilator was dirty with dustbunnies

portable ventilator was dirty with dustbunnies electric-wiring to nightstand was loos and effected lighting

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great stopping point for us to rest on a cycling trip. Nice bar and restaurant and table tennis!

Friendly staff and central location. Helpful staff and great standard for a budget rate.

the staff were so friendly and helpful, it was close to the...

house cleaning came very early.

the staff were so friendly and helpful, it was close to the town, and was very reasonably priced.

dated!

dated

dated! the rooms, specially the standard rooms should be renovated asap!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Close to the places we wanted to visit

Close to the places we wanted to visit

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Not a place to stay during summer as there is no Air conditioner where most 4 star hotels have.

No Air conditioning. Room is equipped aith a very small nosiy fans.

Location is good.

The room is not air-conditioned.

The room is not air-conditioned.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Comfortable hotel

Nice comfortable suite. Excellent steak restaurant next door. Very central location

Space

No air conditioning The weather is really to hot

Space

Room too hot, there aren't air conditioning WiFi too slow

Breakfast Dimension of bedroom

The elevator is out of order !
    • Suite

The elevator is out of order !!

Very very basic hotel with no conditioned air and very noisy...

Very very basic hotel with no conditioned air and very noisy ventilation system.

THE BEST ACCOMMODATION FOR LELYSTAD

NO RESTAURANT AVAILABLE FOR LUNCH

LOCATION IS THE BEST. RESTAURANT WHEN IS OPEN!

Lovely accommodating staff!

We were there during a heat wave and without a/c the room was warm. They did provide an fan and that was helpful!

Lovely accommodating staff!

Clean room

Not clean bathroom, not helpful staff member on the night shift, room is too expensive for this service

Clean room

Excellent hotel, far exceeded our expectations. Wish we could have stayed longer than just one night

Nothing everything was perfect

Room was large and comfortable and staff were friendly and helpful

Staff have not much experience for sloving the problem.
    • Suite

Staff have not much experience for sloving the problem.

Top kamer

Kamer, suite was top

Great big room and sofa, toothbrush included :P

Great big room and sofa, toothbrush included :P

excellent

Alles

1-night family stay
    • Suite

Very central. Very nice place to stay and good quality too.
    • Suite

Nice, well appointed room. All you can eat buffet restaurant on the ground floor, excellent value and quality - great for families.

Not worth the money

Stuff was not friendly and rooms very okey, one person bed is very small and the mattress is sliding off all the time.

Perfect functional room

Very poor breakfast and not managed, lack of juice, croissants and dried cheese and scramble eggs (was on a sunday morning)

Perfect functional room

Great room, poor breakfast, room value for money, breakfast...

Great room, poor breakfast, room value for money, breakfast not

for a last minute booking I expected the room rate to be...

for a last minute booking I expected the room rate to be cheaper

Fantastic stay in Lelystad
    • Suite

Great hotel: friendly staff, very comfortable and stylish room (suite), perfect location, and good food.

Great hotel

Very convenient location

Excellent service fantastic rooms design good bathroom with plenty of accessories
    • Suite

I think people in Netherlands are awesome

Staff is really friendly and fantastic interior design 👍

good hotel and pleasant staff

the furniture has changed and not so comfortable as before

excellent breakfast

was perfect!!!!

niks

alles

Location was fantastic!

Bathroom, while clean, was in need of updating.

Location was fantastic! Close to the train station, shopping, and restaurants. Staff was very helpful.

This is the only one around!

This is the only one around!

To our surprise the €55 simple beakfast was not included, thanks to booking.com that informed us after we booked.

Clean

Close to city center.

Close to city center.

Good well located hotel , in center of lelystad.

I liked the hotel , this is simple , and rooms are nice.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Good clean hotel, friendly
    • Suite

Everything was great for my visit. Would stay again.

location, staff, price

Breakfast was expensive!

location, staff, price

Glass door to the toilet is a bit strange idea.

Glass door to the toilet is a bit strange idea.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

very central location with a huge public parking garage...
    • Suite

the hotel is very much outdated

very central location with a huge public parking garage nextdoor

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Central location
    • Suite

Room was a little dark for my taste

Great location near to the music venue De Kubus and centre of town/station

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

I booked via booking a suite and requested quit room with...

I booked via booking a suite and requested quit room with double bed, not two beds one month in advance. On arrival the suite was not available and I got downgraded to double room and offered a free drink. This is TOTALY UNACCEPTABLE. I needed to ask for correction on rate, since normal room is cheaper. They took a little bit of the price. Then of course it was not a requested double bed, but two singles and on top of it quiet room was not very quiet. Under my window they were building up the Saturday market at 5:30 AM. Further the toilet in the room could not even flush a toilet paper, so had to fill the waste basket to make a flush and shower water was going from warm to cold all the time. Sorry to say, but cannot recommend service like this to anyone.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

Very nice staff, good location.

Old furnitute, thin walls (I could perfectly hear all the bathroom activities of the neighbour). Ceirtainly does not equal to 4 stars...

Very nice staff, good location.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

Location in the city was good.

Overall facility was not in good condition and the hallway had a rather distinct odor that was unpleasant. Service staff seemed to be over tasked, but were pleasant when present.

Location in the city was good.

There are also 58 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Apollo Hotel Lelystad City Centre traveller photo gallery