Reviews of Cordial Hotel Dam Square 3 stars

Rokin 62-64, Amsterdam City Centre, 1012 KW Amsterdam, Netherlands

#304 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

• Small Double Room

Only 1 pillow was supplied and the fullness had all separated, was bumpy and rather uncomfortable.

The beds were very comfy and the room was clean. The room was rather small but it suited us as all we needed the room for was sleeping. The location was perfect. Right in the centre of the town.

• Classic Twin Room

The size of the room was small but, like I said earlier, we were only in there to sleep. The hallways are a bit wonky because it's two old buildings joined by hallways. Made for a few laughs coming back at night to find our room ;)

The location was great for us. We walked everywhere. It has small rooms/bathrooms but they are clean. Only in there to sleep anyway. It's a no frills little hotel but Amsterdam is expensive and this was affordable. The man at the front desk was great!

• Classic Twin Room

Jacuzzi was cold !!!! Never heard of this in my life , I asked for robe and it was like mission impossible?!!! But hold on it’s hotel / spa so the least need to provide is robe and slippers and it would be to get all my money back and if not it’s ok but this is my honest opinion

Girl when I checked out was extremely rude ! She didn’t even Look At me while was talking

• Small Double Room

We had a small double room. Room was very very small but ok for just a place to lay your head. Friends rooms were much bigger but I guess more expensive. Cost was expensive compared to other European cities but good value for Amsterdam hotels.

Good hotel with friendly staff and great location. Tram stops very close, good bars and cafes close by and great location for city centre. Also quiet given good location.

• Small Double Room

Could use a general clean up

Location was perfect,quiet room,tram 2minutes away.Dam square,Ann Frank’s,Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum,red light district train station all within walking distance. Staff very helpful and friendly

• Deluxe Double Room

The price is huge!!! They offered us 35 sq meters but the room has no more than 18. The price for 18 meters is definitely huge. We felt cheated

This hotel is located near to the center. It’s easy to walk everywhere .

• Small Double Room

The staff wasn`t very helpful. We had a 6 hour blackout and one of my friends was stuck in the elevator for nearly 1 hour - the staff wasn`t really doing anything about it until i really insisted to call the fire Department to get my friend out. There was no excuse about the whole Situation. We asked for a discount or something but that was denied by saying that a blackout is a "normal thing" and nothing happened to us.

The location right in the center of Amsterdam is amazing!

• Deluxe Double Room

Cleanliness can be compared to a motel six. Power went out for the day we were checking out so we were unable to take showers after waking up sweaty because of no a/c.

• Small Double Room

3mins from Dam square what can I say...clean room small but had all we needed...so defo thumbs up

Room was small & cute safe was super helpful as I forget the code to my safe with my passport in & the staff saved the day....

• Classic Twin Room

Had a powercut for most of one day - so no lights, shower, air-con. Ok, just unlucky I guess, these things happen. However, when trying to exit during the powercut, the security lights were not working (don't exist?) and so it was very dangerous, especially as the layout of the hotel is not straightforward. Reported to staff and was told, when I said it was dangerous, "I know!" In the pitch black, even by phone-torch, the exits were not clear/locked. We eventually escaped after solving the maze, and climbing over a ladder via an outside unofficial tradesman entrance. (wonder if Booking.com will follow this up?)

Clean and comfortable. High standard bathroom.

• Deluxe Double Room

If you get a room facing the street is going to be noisy due to the active night activity. Still excellent location.

Customer service was very good. Hotel clerk Mr. Rossini is an expert in referring to restaurants. Had excellent tips for getting around Amsterdam. Follow his advise.

• Deluxe Double Room

shower water ran under shower door and across bathroom floor infront of toilet Hallway carpets need cleaning or replacing.

Staff very attenive Comfortable bed Nice bathroom

• Small Double Room

You could hear every time someone opened a door at our floor. We always thought that it was trying to open ours since the door didn't stayed closed properly. Maybe we just had bad luck with this.

It's close to the centre of Amsterdam

• Classic Twin Room

Rooms looks v old and small .. Ac is controlled from the reception so the room was extremely hot and we keep calling them to put the ac on .. there is a stairs after the elevator and it was challenging to get our luggage to the room in and out and there is no bellboy or any1 to help ... no sign for dont disturb so we asked the reception that we dont want a room service as our stuff was allover the place.. but unfortunately the entered the room regardless our note .. my advice dont take a room with the view on the main street as its noisy and the stairs will bother u

Location is great .. comfort beds staff is friendly .. showers are clean

• Small Double Room

The shower alternated between being hot and then cold. On arrival, there was a dead pigeon in the lobby The double bed was two singles put together and you subsequently fell through the gap The pillows were lumpy and the bedding wasn’t clean. The windows also didn’t shut Most importantly, google rates this hotel 2*s whereas on booking.com it is advertised as a 3*

Drab room.

Bed was comfortable and clean. Room was small but clean though rather drap and dark decor. I did not eat there. Staff were helpful in storing my luggage.

• Classic Twin Room

Our room was very tiny (we stayed in the small double room) and the bed was definitely smaller than usual double bed. From my point of view, generally in Amsterdam (not only in this hotel) the price/quality relationship is definitely worst then in many other European cities and countries, one can say this is true also for this hotel.

Great location in the heart of the center of Amsterdam, small and cozy hotel, pleasant staff

• Small Double Room

The window was broken in the room. So we could hear everything outside. Also a few guests kept us up one night. Apart from this it was ok. But for what I paid I expected a bigger room.

The location was good.

• Small Double Room

The staff were unfriendly, unprofessional, and at times a little rude. Also very expensive for what we got.

Great location on the main road, close to attractions

• Small Double Room

Arriving at the hotel went great. Room was ready, facilities were in working order. When we came back after a day out in Amsterdam, the elevator was out of order. half the hotel didnt have power, and there was no hot water in the hotel. After walking over 12 miles this day, nothing sounded better than a hot shower. The following morning, having to carry down 2 extra large suitcases 4 floors of stairs was less than ideal.

Great location. Able to get to some of the busiest and touristy areas within minutes walking.

• Deluxe Double Room

The beds need to be replaced.

The breakfast was great. We liked the bacon, croissant bread and coffee. The hotel is very near the tourist spots. The Tram stations are near the hotel, so very convenient to go around the city.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was clean and so was the bathroom but the only thing that let this room down was it was obvious people had smoked in the room before as there was a burn on the bedding and on the blinds but didn’t smell of smoke in the room so it was fine.

We had a room at the front, this made the room very light and airy. Location was brilliant right across the street to some very lovely restaurants and a minute walk to dam square.

• Classic Twin Room

The pictures online were obviously taken in the very best lighting and angles. Unfortunately I didn’t get photos, but the double twin room we had had lots of chipped paint around the room and when they remodeled they just painted an off color square around the one small light in the room on the ceiling. The bathroom was decent but small and not very well lit and dim like the bedroom. Overall I think here are better locations and hotels I will stay in next trip. Overpriced for the quality of the room definitely.

Property was in a good location around a lot of restaurants bars and shops. And also about 10 minutes walk from the Amsterdam Centraal train station. Was close by public transit metro trains and easy to get tickets from vending type machines around town.

• Small Double Room

Hotel very tired and not welcoming. Needs a complete facelift .. Hall carpets badly stained. Small double room was absolutely tiny,dark and dreary decor. Totally overpriced compared to other hotels nearby of much higher standard.

Excellent location

• Small Double Room

Run out of bacon for breakfast on our last morning.Our tea/coffee facility in room were not refreshed.

Excellent location,man on desk extremely great service,giving us plenty of assistance in getting around.

I have no complaints

Location was amazing. The look of the hotel was lovely. Room was very comfortable. Staff were lovely. I will be using Cordial hotel as my go to every time I visit Amsterdam in the future.

• Deluxe Double Room

It was very basic. Valet parking means a walk to collect car which was difficult with limited mobility and separate charge for this service.

Bed was comfortable.

• Classic Single Room

-extremely unstable Wi-Fi in the room (6th floor) so I had to consume my roaming data -reading lamp not working, spot light at the room bar not possible to switch off ! -although confirmed, I had no glutenfree breakfast prepared and after urgency I only got "we serve just standard breakfast" and "no scrambled eggs are possible") -very unfriendly reception staff behavior after I claimed for compensation as the hotel did not provided 100% service to 100% price paid right at arrival - I felt ignored, no respect to a guest, extremely pissed off

Good location.

• Deluxe Double Room

Although the room was well soundproofed street noise could be heard due to late night opening of restaurants over the road at the weekend, not the hotels fault as this is the price to pay for such a good central location

Prime position for central Amsterdam Comfortable bed and air conditioning which kept the room cool over a hot weekend

• Classic Twin Room

Price was too high for the amenities, but staff and location helped off-set price.

Staff was SUPER friendly and helpful. Even tho room faced busy Rokin Street, the place was quiet.

• Classic Twin Room

The beds were two singles pushed together with lots of layers It was like sleeping on wobbly marshmallows. The beds kindly separated to let me fall between.

Clean Close proximity to the square 10/15 min walk to train station

• Classic Twin Room

The bed was collapsed and extremely uncomfortable. We had booked for 2 single beds and we got a double. When I complained the staff didn't care. The lift was broken.

It was extremely clean

Terrible hotel

Completly ruined my holiday they double booked 2 of our rooms and sent us miles away... only booked there hotel for the location and they couldnt even deliver that.!

• Classic Twin Room

Basic with not many amenities, bedding and towels a bit dated and therefore looked off-white, which gives a feeling of being rather unclean.

Very friendly staff and GREAT location!

• Classic Single Room

There was no view from the window at all. The wall of next building was in 1 meter. You can see this wall only ( up, down, right and left)

Wide and comfortable bed. Good breakfast . Hotel is in the centre of Amsterdam and not far from train station

• Small Double Room

The hotel was in the perfect area for us about a 2 minute walk from Dam Square so very central which is what we desired although it did mean a little bit of noise from the busy street. Upon arrival, the man at the main reception was incredibly friendly, welcoming and informative. He spoke very good English which was good for my partner and I, and the check in experience as a whole was incredibly easy. We were very pleasantly surprised when we entered our room. It was rather on the smaller size but it a perfect size for two people. Good size TV with many channels, including English. Very clean room and bathroom with spacious and powerful shower. Hair-dryer hand soap and hair/body wash provided. Bed was very spacious and comfortable! The room also included tea/coffee, safety deposit box, plenty of closet space, two bedside tables and multiple varied plug sockets. We did not choose to go to breakfast in the hotel so can not comment on that. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and would not hesitate to return to the Cordial Hotel in the near future! :)

• Classic Twin Room

wifi don't work in room 415 this a problem for a affaires travel. The food, coffe of Automatic machine don't work. The office don't care about this problem.

Comfort of the bed and cleanliness, safty box.

• Small Double Room

While it is very well located, the advertisement said that rooms were sound proofed. They are not. The noise from the street was prominent even with closed windows. The beds are very soft and I had a tough time with soreness in my back as a result. They only give you two towels. The bathrooms while lovely and clean, would become awash with water if you had a shower.

The night time and early morning staff were very accommodating and friendly. The location is fantastic especially if you want to go to all the attractions like the Amsterdam Dungeons, Madame tudsauds and Ripleys all on dam sq. And easy access to shopping, the canal boat tours and the red light district. There are a huge amount of restaurants near by with all different cuisines covered. It is also very central if you are looking for your coffee shops too. Good central base. It is a lovely clean welcoming hotel, but for the money charged it was a little too much for the kind of room I had.

• Classic Twin Room

We called prior arrival explaining we had 3 people in our room in which they said it would be fine as all foods have sofa beds and we wouldn’t have to pay extra. On arrival we were told 75euros a night extra else they wasn’t going to give us the room. Promised breakfast for having to pay more. We wasn’t intitled to when we went down to eat. The room was dirty and the bedding was smelly. Thick dust under the bed. Cobwebs. RUDE STAFF.

Nothing at all

• Small Double Room

Could of been a little bit cheaper

Great location, right in the middle of everything, room was very clean and modern will definitely be staying here again.

• Small Double Room

Decent size of room, we get the one facing the street, and we had great view! Great service too, the reception gave us Amsterdam city map, knowing that was our first time to Amsterdam. We stay for two days, although we didn't explore the area much, but we notice there are many shops and restaurants nearby, and they taste really good (we tried Fulu Shezhuan and Indonesian restaurant across the street, give it a try, you would love it too) We could easily walk to the Main Train station from this hotel too (approx 10 mins walk)

• Small Double Room

Rude front desk guy that lies to you about tours. Rude a few different times. Stained sheets. Towels are cheap and thin and looked used up.

Location was good but it’s more for backpackers or solo travelers

• Classic Twin Room

After 01.00 everything shut down. Very Hard also to drive with a car in to the city center.

Hotel was ok for the money, clean and frendly stuff. What I didn’t like was the room was damn cold. Prety strange. Location was super b. You step outsider the door of the Hotel and booom you’re in the city center full of people walking around everything it there no needto walk and walk just look arround you and explore.

• Classic Twin Room

rooms/linen smelt like smoke but it wasn't the end of the world.

amazing location!! beds very comfortable, all you need for a one or two night stay.

• Classic Twin Room

The windows are only single glazed so there was a bit of a breeze and the outside noise came in a bit. Also, the bed, we requested a double bed but it was 2 singles pushed together with a double mattress topper and the best kept sliding apart all night, that was probably the most annoying part.

The room was great with a great view of the main strip. The hotel is super central, a 10 min walk from the central train station. A few mins walk to the red light district and a bike rental shop across the road where you get discount for staying at this hotel.

• Classic Twin Room

The staff has very bad behavior And especially those who work at night I think they are from India especially the old man hi has a very bad behavior

The location only

• Small Double Room

We went there Friday 16th March and arrived at the hotel at noon. Check in was supposed to be at 14.00 but reception checked everything and gave us a room earlier. Rooms were clean and tidy even though they were a bit small. Also bed was very comfy, and in the cold weather of 0 degrees the central heating was switched on at all times. Staff was super friendly and location is great. If I were to go to Amsterdam again I would surely check in Cordial again.

• Classic Twin Room

The room and the hotel was too cold every passenger compaint about it Windows need renovation they couldnt stop the wind and cold the room’s curtains were flying by the wind Breakfast was too poor 1 kind of cheese, egg, tomato in a small soup bowl

Just location

• Classic Twin Room

The room was a little shabby looking and outdated. Could do with a makeover to match the nice looking bathroom. The stairs were very steep from the first floor to the lobby and if you took the lift it was very slow.

I liked the location of this hotel. It was in the centre of Amsterdam and was easy to get to all the tourist sites. The bathroom was recently renovated and looked very classy. There was a safe in the room and the noise was minimal.

• Classic Twin Room

WIFI in room 112 was practically unavailable through the whole week (we stayed for 6 nights!), cleaning staff didn't bother to resupply coffee/tea bags, pillows were terrible and uncomfy and the towels looked worn out.

Location can't really get any better. Perfect. Reception staff was really friendly and professional!

• Small Double Room

Disappointingly expensive for something that elsewhere would have been rated as hostel. Old torn towels (by the way, only two shower towels, no hand or face towel, no bath mat) tiny room that would hardly allow walking around the bed. We did not had large suitcase, otherwise there is no space to open it, not even enough floor to place it. WC door could not even open as the bed was too close. You have to enter side way. Everything was old and dated, up to the small holes in the curtain. Almost like no refurbishment has happened since 1970's

Only positive is the location, as it is walking distance to many attractions and places within city centre, but from the other hand, pretty much everything is on walking distance in Amsterdam. Unfortunately, although we were in a room located at the side of the building, could still hear the tram passing by. Also quite a bit of noise of people walking and shouting on the tiny alley passage on the side of the hotel that was echoing everything.

• Small Double Room

very small room but it was ok for us who just needed to put the head down

Reception staff nice and welcoming and very helpful . Good location walking distance to all attractions

• Small Double Room

Not sure on cleanliness, looks clean and tidy modern etc on surface but did see our room get serviced and was just a wipe down with dirty cloths , the floor was filthy with no sweeping done (wooden floors ) and under the bed was terrible looks like hadn’t been done in weeks bed was just made and not changed during stay. Wet towels on shower floor were just hung up not changed either . And we asked the cleaner for 2 extra pillows as only had 1 each and she seemed totally offended.. and made a big deal of it!! the rest of the staff were very pleasant though.

Location was good. Modern well finished room, was pleasantly surprised / impressed with look of room , although it was a very small double but this is stated before you book and you can pay for a larger double room. Basic facilities in room were good quality. Most staff very friendly.

• Classic Twin Room

Because the hotel is extremely close to dam square it can get a little noisy of a night, although i slept just fine in the comfy bed! The bathroom door is frozen glass, so not the most private bathroom. although the bathrooms are small, they are fit for purpose and had god lighting.

The room was clean and tidy, and the staff very helpful! the view was great from our window and the hotel was in a great location.

• Classic Twin Room

The room was quite cold as heating didn't work and the floor is very wet in bathroom as there's no mat. Can also be noisy at night

It's in a fantastic location with very helpful and friendly staff and the room was tidy and modern.

• Classic Twin Room

Our door didn’t lock unless we slammed it. Our hairdryer didn’t work which we did report on the first day and they said someone would come and fix it but nobody did. The tap was really loose and felt like we would break it off turning it on/off! Didn’t have a huge selection for breakfast, so thought €8 was a bit pricey for what was there.

Amazing location, everything was within walking distance pretty much! The staff were incredibly friendly and very helpful when we asked for recommendations/help. We paid for a small double room, so was expecting a tiny box room, but was the complete opposite. Big and spacious, although bathroom was on the little side. Had a couple of English channels, not a huge selection though, only BBC1 & 2.

• Small Double Room

Very very cold! Really small understand its just for sleeping but trying to get ready and put your luggage somewhere leaves you with such little room. There was no view just at a wall. Never been so cold in a hotel, there was no heat in it at all me and my partner were real cold during the night,we slept in pj's with jumpers and two pairs of socks on. I would 100% not stay here again as of this reason, staff were friendly. The location is great beside a lot of things. I wouldn't recommend this place doh if you want a good night's sleep definitely pay the extra for a decent hotel. You get what you pay for.

I liked the location of this hotel.

• Small Double Room

During the stay there was no heating within our room (104), we informed reception and they stated there was nothing they could do. The temperature at the time was minus 6 I'm Amsterdam. Both evening and morning receptionist was rude and sarcastic. I never leave bad reviews but I can't help but state how poor this hotel was, I recommend you book elsewhere. Value for money was appalling.

Location, the hotel was located on the main shopping road.

• Small Double Room

The bed was worst thing over there, and the heating didn’t worked on our room, we moved room and the heating didn’t worked also. We were frizzing!!

• Classic Single Room

Heat was not working properly was blowing cold air when it was super cold outside.Thanks for the warm blanket it was manageable.

Convenient center location close to everything .Nice polite staff .

• Small Double Room

Absolutely freezing no heating had to ask for extra blankets no heating what so ever in the whole hotel and blankets are smelly

The location was very close to all attractions

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed was not a double bed it was two single beds pushed together with a mattress topper. Staying with my partner this was extremely irritating as we both had to sleep far away from each other or the beds would move and we would fall between them.a fire alarm went off at 11am on Friday morning. Thinking this was a fire everyone evacuated but it turns out they were just testing it without giving prior notice which we were extremely annoyed about. Kettle didn't work.

I loved the location and I loved the staff. The room was small but was lovely.

• Small Double Room

This is a 2 star hotel, but they charge like for 4 star. Very cold in the room. They provided a heater, a bit older than my daughter, making such a noise that my pillow was vibrating. Forget about internet in this hotel unless u want to get crazy. If you like dampness you can find it in some rooms. Furniture.....look like 20 years old without refurbish. Bed is good :). They do not accept external visitors in hotel. DO NOT expect quality about this hotel. I do not recommend it. These guys, forgot about feedback and that everything is transparent now.

Personel is welcoming and the place is close to center. Very close.

• Classic Twin Room

We had to change rooms because the heating wasn’t working. It was FREEZING!!! But there were no problems once we told them, they moved us into a much warmer room

Rooms are really cosy and comfortable. The staff are exceptionally friendly, very welcoming and accommodating.

• Small Double Room

The room was cold and the heater gauge on the wall didn't seem to work. The double bed was just two singles pushed together so me and my partner kept falling down the middle

The room was very clean & the shower was great. The location is amazing, everything is within walking distance.

• Small Double Room

Room was extremely small, this didn’t affect us as we didn’t spend much time in the room. Air conditioning wasn’t very good, the room wasn’t very warm and the poor windows let out most of the heat.

Location was so central, bed was comfy.

• Classic Twin Room

The wifi not stable because I stayed in the second floor the signal is so bad

I love the location. It was so amazing the hotel surrounding with many important places and just 10 mins walk to central station. I would say that you won’t regret to stay here

• Classic Twin Room

No faults at all with the hotel, staff or location

Beautiful hotel, staff were friendly and lovely. Very helpful. Rooms were clean and tidy, perfect location for lots of attractions around. Couldnt fault Cordial Hotel, would highly recommend this hotel to anyone

• Small Double Room

I found that the room was pretty cold

Lovely staff who where really helpful and the bed was super comfy! Great location bang in the middle of amsterdam

• Deluxe Double Room

No slippers were available despite the hard floor, room telephone was disconnected and the bed was two singles pushed together when it was stated a double bed when booked.

Location was fantastic was near all the places we wanted to visit whist in Amsterdam

• Small Double Room

Pillows weren’t comfortable and the room was a bit small, but we did pay for a small double room.

Great Location, room was cleaned everyday and also had our own heating in room too turn on and off as we pleased. Great place for the price!

• Small Double Room

Towel size was small, aircon didn’t work properly, staff member when returning for luggage was too busy chatting to a friend.

Bed was comfy, allowed to check in early

• Small Double Room

We had to ask four times for two extra pillows which we never got, i would have been fine with collecting them myself but the night staff didnt know where the pillows were kept. The tea facility had no milk and one tea and also the elevator did not work. not what i expexted for a 3 star hotel.

receptionist was smiley and helpful, they let us store our luggage before check in and after check out.

• Small Double Room

The room was the smallest room I’ve ever seen, the window was looking at a tiny alley - you can almost touch the building across. February is a cold month and often the room was colder than outside! Absolute ice box, the air con was blowing out air - neither cold or hot. The girls behind the front desk wouldn’t even lift their eyes off their phones never mind say hello! The bed was ok, only one tiny pillow per person though.. and only one medium towel each in the bathroom - no face or hand towel.

Super location, two or three gentlemen behind front desk were lovely

• Small Double Room

The room was extremely small and with an horrible view. It was cold, like very cold, apparently the heater didn’t work. Some lights didn’t work as well. The shower drain was clogged.

Quite good position, the room was given to us before 12:00 without problems.

Browse Cordial Hotel Dam Square traveller photo gallery