Reviews of Crowne Plaza Amsterdam Airport This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Planeetbaan 2, 2132 HZ Hoofddorp, Netherlands

#12 of 17 hotels in Hoofddorp

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

The room was very big and nice but there was a very strong...

The room was very big and nice but there was a very strong and persistent smell of fitted carpet all over the room. As the windows were blocked, it wasn't possible to open them to let the air refresh either.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Good location for airport access
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room carpet could have been cleaner. A bidet in the water closet would be good. There was shuttle service to Schiphol airport that was given during booking, but the info on shuttle pickup interval (every hour) wasn't, so we still had to hail an Uber van, costing us additional 30 euros to not miss our flight.

The hotel location was just right for our purpose, to be close to Schiphol airport where we need to be for our flight to another city. The staff was quite friendly. There is a large lobby area that's quite good for arriving guests with many luggage. Easy to get to the room with many elevators available. Our check-in, which was quite late around 9 pm, was easy. The front lawn was good, with a wide view of the scenery and parking area. There's a good air cooler inside that you can set to your liking. The room is relatively large about 30 square meters including the bathroom.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Strictly average, tired hotel, but a comfortable bed near Schiphol
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel exterior and interior were both tired and old.

The location was close to the airport and took about 15 minutes by the free shuttle. It is a standard hotel like any other with standard amenities. The beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Our stay was short but very comfortable at this hotel.
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom walls need to be regrouted in some places and the sink which is very dated needs replacement.

Room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was very good. Staff very pleasant.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Dont bother, Dirty toilets, rude staff, horrible food, take your money else where

The food was horrible we ordered the three cheese pizza and it tasted and smelled absolutely vile. The bed was uncomfortable. The shower floor was so dirty and sticky, we couldnt be asked to ask for a different room as we had been standing in ques at schiphol all day becaue of the power outage. In the morning i asked for hot water in a take away cup because the kettle in our room was dirty. The woman was very rude and hostile I literally had to beg for sugar and a stirred or spoon. I said id pay for it and she said no its fine and then when I asked for the sugar she said urgh if i knew you wanted all of this i would have charged you! I was literally shocked and said i told you i will pay she goes no no its okay. Like come on, all i asked for was hot water sugar and a stirrer as I had brought my own coffee sachets from the uk. I will not be staying here again and will be advising everyone I know not to bother staying there.

Free airport shuttle

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Excellent WITH EXCEPTIONAL STAFF

Taxi costs to and from Central Amsterdam were very expensive and I make suggestion that hotel consider possibly two trips into city each evening,one returning at 11 pm and another returning at 1 am for your customers. Advertising this service on your booking website,maybe enhance bookings.

peace and quite at night,bed v/g Very clean and spacious

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

A good hotel, clean & comfortable.

The breakfast was ok, but the scrambled eggs were possibly the worst I've ever eaten. I think they were prepared from powder. My youngest boy makes better eggs. As this hotel is off the airport footprint you should allow 20 minutes for a taxi to arrive.

I got the complimentary shuttle bus from the Airport to the hotel; it made a couple of stops along the way, but ultimately didn't take long. The hotel exceeded expectations, even though the fixtures and fittings are well worn in the rooms. The bed was comfortable, the air con blew cold, and all in all it was a great night's sleep.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

I was undecided whether to stay here or downtown Amsterdam but am very happy with my choice.

I loved my stay there.

The staff;without exception ,were courteous and helpful. The free shuttle bus to the airport was a bonus as we used it each day. The breakfast was ample and catered to every taste.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Very pleasant

Very slow bringing evening meals even when not busy. Small milk jugs would be good, had to use small glass! British do like their cup of tea

Breakfasts were lovely

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Very comfortable hotel. Kind personnel.
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bath tube is a bit old...maybe it could be replaced by a new shower box.

The beds were extra comfy and the breakfast was excellent. Great choice of the products.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Comfortable - would go back!
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Restaurant food was bad. Ordered a steak and tasted like cleaning products. Onion soup was good though.

Staff were really nice! They have a cute little store with very reasonably priced items that well represented the souvenirs from the city.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Happy Stay

A little out of reach but the shuttle to the airport takes only 10 mins and that helps a lot.. you can get the local and high speed trains from the airport

Very clean. Very nice breakfast

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

It was a nice hotel and the staff were great.
    • Club Double Room with Club Lounge Access

It was a nice hotel and the staff were great. However asked to be in a quiet location. This didn't happen also they didn't put me in a club room that i paid for.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Relaxed and also elegant feel to the whole hotel Would book again .
    • Club Double Room with Club Lounge Access

No soap dish in shower cubicle or shower gel , stopped in club room and went up to club lounge but no staff were present , stayed for around 15 minutes waiting but no one arrived .

Comfy king size bed with lovely linen and an excellent power shower , free shuttle buses to airport and back .

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

Overall, it was good. For the busiest day of the year (I think) it was well priced.
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Its a little far from the centre of Amsterdam, but if you are driving like I was, this isn't a huge issue. The check in stated 2pm on the website, but was 'guaranteed from 3pm' when we got there, which left us with an hour to do nothing, or to leave and return later. If we knew this we would have come to the hotel at 3pm, and continued our earlier activities for an extra 2 hours instead of stopping at 1pm to head to the hotel. No Genius perks, but it was the cheapest near Amsterdam regardless so i guess they dont need it to be competitive.

The bed was comfortable, the shower and bathroom facilities were great. There were many additional complementary things which were a nice surprise, including a mini coffee machine with Nescafe capsules. There were plenty of towels, in-room ironing board etc. A nice view of a waterway from the window, and it was nice and quiet. I did not hear any other guests at all unless I walked past their doors in the corridor. If I am travelling with a group again, I would probably stay here, although i would prefer to stay in a hostel if I am travelling alone.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2017

Last minute booking due to Northwest Europe air travel mess...

Old building, had even that old-like smell in halls and rooms, with clean but a bit rugged carpets, out of date bathroom, etc. It is not awful or very uncomfortable but would be well served by some renovation works. Heating wasn't working great, couldn't get the room warm enough, although the snow storm and the overbooking likely had to do with it, hard to tell.

Last minute booking due to Northwest Europe air travel mess (snow storm) on November 10th-12th. They were very diligent taking care of the guests, seemed well prepared when I arrived (it was the second day of utter chaos, so they have a little time to adjust, still a nice effort, though). Good location for an airport-based trip. Around 7-8 minute shuttle trip to the airport. Free shuttle running all day long (every 30-40 minutes). There was a subway/train station fairly nearby (making the hotel not ideal but still an ok option for leisure or city-oriented stays). Probably buses running to the city with stops around the area too (hard to tell with all the snow and chaos there). Very fluid check in and check out process. They were very helpful and took care of my needs in such a chaotic situation. Appreciate a lot their help there. Very spacious room, fairly clean. Great bed, very comfortable. Ok set of amenities. No minibar but complimentary water waiting for you there. Plenty of storage space for long stays. Quiet and well isolated enough. You would hear some airplane noise from such a busy airport but not disturbing at all. Quite decent food in the restaurant (although it took forever to be served even with very few guests there) for lunch and dinner. Breakfast had nice variety but not great quality.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

Very happy and pleasant stay. Will definitely be coming back here in the near future.

Found it very hard to find any faults with the hotel

This hotel was outstanding, could not fault it. The room was amazing after getting upgraded and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel over all was fantastic, spotlessly clean and the staff were so helpful and nice and they also have a great shuttle bus service to taking you to and from the airport.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

Sadly over 2 weeks after paying my bill and checking out I...

Sadly over 2 weeks after paying my bill and checking out I am still waiting for them to release the hold that they placed on my funds when we checked in.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2017

Slightly above average

The hotel needs renovation from the outside. Also I was quite disappointed that breakfasts (and transfers) start not that early for a hotel near the airport - I skipped mine because of an early flight. The `large` bed was actually too small for me and my husband though we`re quite slim, so we had to use two `large` beds separately. Also I wouldn`t recommend eating at the restaurant - when I asked for a sandwich I got a whole plate of mustard with a piece of bread and some ham+salad.

I did have a good sleep here, the transfer is useful and the train station is within 10-minute walk.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Great hotel if you are staying by the surrounding areas specially if you are with a car.

The room was a bit dated, the air conditioner did not work and the sink was not draining.

The hotel is really close to the train station and the parking it really great and accessible. Super nice lobby.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2017

It was pleasent experince.
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel doesn't offer the pool facility anymore but the pictures are still there on booking.com.Breakfast was way too expensive.

The shuttle bus service was great.staff was good.Beds and bedding was very comfortable.The hotel was clean.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2017

Getting to the Crowne Plaza was further than expected we took a train and then a taxi as it was raining. Then we were disappointed with the cleanliness of the room so we moved location.

I was able to cancel our second night booking with no fee.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

The breakfast was good and the staff very friendly

Dirty bathroom and room in general. Very old hotel. In need of a renovation. Not a four-star hotel in my opinion.

The breakfast was good and the staff very friendly

• Reviewed: July 12, 2017

Disappointing issues on this visit - not the norm
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza a number of times, but the experience was spoiled by two staff problems during this visit. Room service failed to arrive within the 25 minutes promised, turning up 1 hr 10 minutes later and bringing cutlery for only one of us. At breakfast there were no cereal bowls, milk or spoons available. When I asked the girl who was working there, she was very snappy saying that it wasn't her fault and she was by herself. These incidents spoiled the visit and as a result on my return through Amsterdam I used a different hotel.

Generally a good quality hotel in a convenient location for Schipol Airport

• Reviewed: June 20, 2017

The hotel and staff were all good.

The location of the hotel in relation to the railway station was a negative because it necessitated a walk of about a kilometre in the heat, dragging suitcases.

The hotel and staff were all good. The shops and cafes of Hoofddorp were, actually, about 15 minutes (flat) walk away.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Nice comfortable night

Apparently there was also a shuttle to the hotel from the airport but I could find no information on that and so took a taxi. Breakfast didn't start in time for when I had to leave.

Excellent reception, nice bar and staff. Comfortable bed and nice, big room. Free shuttle to the airport.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2017

Poor service

The staff was very poorly trained. The restaurant ran out of food. The restaurant employees don't listen nor follow thru. Poor customer service. Not good overall. House keeping walkin while sleeping and tell u they are ready to clean while u are sleeping. I recommend you spend time at the Bahrain Crown Plaza I spent a week there and wow they area outstanding. The manager name in Bahrain is Nicole's. At your Crown Plaza people don't help and act like they don't need you. I stayed at Hilton before at airport and they are excellent too so I will go back to the Hilton. Light bulb was not working in room...It's a poorly run hotel

The location and the bar tender is very positive and courtesy and he smiled....Very appreciate person and cares genuinely. The rest off the staff needs work on how to handle customers

• Reviewed: May 15, 2017

Facilities - some more vending machines could be installed...
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Facilities - some more vending machines could be installed to buy miscellaneous items. Breakfast - coffee mugs should replace coffee cups. So one doesn't have go back and forth to get coffee during breakfast.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

Not a good one. Can't recommend

The smell of the linen use, use glass/coffee mug nad some stuff wasn't clean or taken away in our 2nd day stay as well as toilets. No spa as it was included when we book. Smelly room as well

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

the bed are comfy
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast buffet is not what i was expected considering you are 4 star hotel. Could not find where the plates are and when asked the staff they just took it from inside.not organized at all

the bed are comfy Staff from the reception are friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2017

Poor reception / terrible shuttle

Terrible shuttle service. Once they packed the people in the bus. Next time they send almost taxi size shuttle to airport. And people have fight to get the seat. Reception have no information about public transportaition.

Good size of bed.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2017

we didnt want to leave!
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the power sockets were limiting and adapters were not ready available.

croissants were great, so was the cappuccino. I Loved the bed, I slept so well. Reception staff were so efficient and friendly

• Reviewed: December 30, 2016

Top service at short notice

We weren't aware that we had to book the free transfer to the airport but the lovely people at the desk sorted it out for us - we felt in very good hands (always reassuring when you don't speak the language). The people that helped us were all exceptionally cheerful and kind.

The staff went out of their way to provide an efficient and seamless stay. We were here because of fog at the airport and our room was delightful - a very comfortable bed with every kind of pillow and an attractive small sitting area as well. I think we got the last room available. I asked for some extra tea bags (green tea as there were only English breakfast in the room) and a smiling lady from housekeeping arrived with a pot of tea and pastries, lemon slices - everything she could think of to make my morning cuppa top notch! (no extra charge for this exceptional service)

• Reviewed: December 29, 2016

we asked for a quiet room and received an excellent room...

the breakfast selection was quite small and did not receive the attention it should have received, we were at around 830 in the breakfast room and the slices of cheese that were displayed were already dry/hard. Later we saw that it was also possible to order some other dishes for breakfast, but this was written on small cards at the tables, and we did not notice them before we had collected our breakfast from the buffet.

we asked for a quiet room and received an excellent room with double doors between the hallway and the bedroom. Spacious room, good beds and all needed facilities were available for a night rest before our flight out.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2016

dissapointing for a 5 star hotel

22.-E for breakfast and the choice was boring, so we didn't have any. The Crown Plaza ***** hotel is really outdated. We stayed there 20yrs ago and all is still the same. The bathrooms have small 10x10cm tiles which is so old fashion. The bath tub is really small and instead of having a glass separation to avoid water from splashing out, there are white "shower curtains" and a really outdated bath tap combination. The entire hotel needs serious renovation. We had a great deal at only 150.-E for a standard room (2 nights) and in view of this rather old decor, I would have been furious if I had paid more. The rack rate is 345.-E per night for this room which is outrageous!!! There is no steam room, no sauna and the pool is outdoor (Holland!!!???) and closed during the winter season! We stayed at The Student Hotel in Groningen, North Holland a couple of days earlier which only has 3 stars but was absolutely AMAZING and 100% better then the 5 star Crown Plaza in Schipol!!! The airport shuttle service only comes every 40min which can really be to long to wait for. IBIS budget offers a shuttle every 30min!

We needed to be near the airport and train station, so location was good for us. Also only 10min walk into Hoofdoorp centre for some shopping. It was great to have free airport shuttle service and also free parking at the hotel. The room was very spacious and we really appreciated this. The personnel and service was good.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2016

Room was comfortable and clean.

This is a crowne plaza and was shocked that there wasn't a swimming pool. Hotel needs updating . Rooms are looking tired.

Room was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2016

Room for improvement all around

The room was dusty, carpets weren't hoovered and there were hairs on the bathroom floor and in the sink. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Hoofddorp train station, with trains into Amsterdam finishing at 11:45 (miss that train and you're waiting until 5am!) tickets for the train were €22.50 for two people. Breakfast was €22 each, which we felt was very expensive given the choice of food available. We also had undercooked sausages and had no staff ask if we were happy with our meals during our visit to the restaurant. The mini bar was over priced. €5.50 for a bottle of water. And had items missing when we arrived with the previous guests expired yogurt left in the mini bar. This was later removed but should have been taken away before we checked in. The hotel is situation a 20 minute walk from any supermarket so you have to buy elsewhere and carry back to your room. The elevators are slow and at one point we went up and down the same lift 3 times before stopping on our floor. The external windows were very dirty and needed to be cleaned.

Room was sound proof so no neighbour noise at all or external noise. The bed was comfortable with the option of more or less pillows. Staff on reception were polite and welcoming. Early check in was granted which we were greatful for. Free shuttle bus - Driver was funny and polite with good time keeping. Complimentary drink and snack voucher issued on arrival.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2016

Superb stay

City is quit far from the hotel,but still it's ok because free shuttle bus is there from hotel to airport and we can get easily train from there

All the things.specially breakfast, it was awesome.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2016

Free and quite frequent shuttle bus from-to the airport, the...

Quite chaos at the reception during settling of my invoice (slow computers or not fully competent personnel?).

Free and quite frequent shuttle bus from-to the airport, the room (space), comfortable bed, wifi, breakfast.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2016

Great staff

Main thing was the accommodating and helpful staff at the reception. It makes a world of difference with friendly staff no matter situation that occur.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2016

Convenient but rather expensive

Priced quite a bit higher that the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express nearby. No breakfast.

Location close to Schiphol. Good if you have an early flight the next day.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2016

Okay, but the air in the corridors was stuffy.

The air in the corridors on the 5th floor was stuffy and it smelt like someone had been smoking in this area. The hotel needs to have some opening windows to let in fresh air or the air conditioning in the corridors was not working properly. In the room it was not possible to switch on any light from the bed - it was necessary to get up, go to the door and operate the master switch to switch on the lights - the wiring needs to be modified to correct this

Nice, quite room

• Reviewed: August 23, 2016

The worst stay I have ever had !
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We stayed with the hotel for 3 nights and the room was never cleaned. Even when I advised the cleaning staff the room had been missed. The managers response at the hotel was terrible. After a long day in Amsterdam we (my 2 young children and I) were made to sit in the lobby while the staff on our last night took over an hour to clean the room. Even after the hour the room was still not what you expect for a 4 star hotel.

The location from the airport

• Reviewed: August 19, 2016

- Wonderful Breakfast and Bar/Restaurant services

- Breakfast area too much crowded, the table disposition could be better organized - No mini-bar products - First day (night over) no cleaning services on the room - Fitness center

- Wonderful Breakfast and Bar/Restaurant services - Courtesy water bottle - Close to airport with free shuttle service and also free parking - Close to train station

• Reviewed: August 16, 2016

aromatherapie pillow spray! connector for hdmi, usb,etc to smart TV very good indeed. Stayed with pet and service excellent, lovely room, very spacious.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2016

Supposed including breakfast but was told not included while...

Supposed including breakfast but was told not included while check out BUT One staff wasn't friendly and polite. The amount shown when I paid in my hometown wasn't the same as debited from my bank???!!! Please refund the difference.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2016

Impromptu layover

We missed our flight and needed to spend another night. Hotel is on the Main Street in Hoofdorp. Lots of restaurants. Hotel had free bikes and we rode 9 miles. To Haarlem.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2016

Nice place and convenient to the airport
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was unavailable and the pool was one reason I chose this hotel. Also the airport shuttle driver (not one from the night before) was extremely rude in the morning- yelling at me when I politely asked for him to retrieve my luggage he put underneath. The location was good for leaving for the airport but would not be great for visiting the city

The desk and restaurant staff were incredibly nice and helpful. They even provided a free shuttle Van both ways to a nearby restaurant. The two drivers were also friendly and helpful. The room was great- large and comfortable.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2016

The room was a nice size and very comfortable for a family...
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shuttle to and from hotel and airport/ train station. Had to wait 30-60 min for it

The room was a nice size and very comfortable for a family of four

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Comfortable, well equipped rooms

Comfortable, well equipped rooms Welcoming staff

Clean rooms.
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Clean rooms. Proximity to train station

Family stopover
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Photo's showed a pool but we couldn't find it?

Breakfast selection was awesome!

Very good staff members
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The morning buffet and the staff.

A pleasant stay!

I actually like everything.

The location is great. It’s nearby a shopping mall. Also the convenient shuttle to the airport.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Very comfortable, close to the airport with free shuffle...

Very comfortable, close to the airport with free shuffle made a hassle free stay

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

very pleasant

the breakfast is expensive

the bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

big bed

big bed

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

close to the airport with complimentary airport transport,...
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

close to the airport with complimentary airport transport, good restaurant within the hotel

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Fantastic

Was perfect

Great easy check in. Friendly service and lovely room.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

perfect getaway!
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

great breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, excellent rooms!

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Cleaning of the rooms

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Best to stay
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The attitude of breakfast area manager C asked me thrice for the payment of bfast.though it was included in our room plan. Last day

Every thing

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

staff behave very friendly, very good breakfast.
    • Quadruple Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

staff behave very friendly, very good breakfast........

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Below the crowne plaza standard. The hotel requires some renovation. Breakfast The location is good.

Outdated hotel

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

I will return and stay with them again.

Very enjpyable Stay.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

Super Junior suite.

Super Junior suite...

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Cleanliness

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Very comfy bed and good sized room staff very helpful.

Very comfy bed and good sized room staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

No amenities

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Suited my requirements

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Okay but not good value.

Breakfast not the best quality; been charged over £42 extra for nothing; Very little to choose from the menu.

Bed comfy; Dinner good; staff okay

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018