Reviews of De Kruishoeve 's-Hertogenbosch-Vught 3 stars

Kruishoeveweg 6, 5263 NM Vught, Netherlands

#6 of 7 hotels in Vught

please put large sign board for evening travellers.
    • Double Room with Terrace

only problem is when we got to the sign board which pointed us to hotel it was black metal gate. It was actually not the place but the way to hotel goes on the left from that metal gate. But once inside the yard it does not look dark or dangerous but i was actually scared at the property coming later in evening when dark due to rural area.

it is worth the money i paid plus bar is nice for drinks and people sit in the bar and then can take drinks to rooms. Yuppie.

the location very nice although hard even for GPS to find.
    • Family Room with Shower

i think that staff does not care what guest complain about as we experienced this ourselves. Lot of reviewers were complaining about the amount of mosquitoes in room.when we asked for something to help us with this issue, we were simply sent to a shop to buy something ourselves.this is not professional from their side. the person who do the beds and clean room needs to be shown how to perform the job, as the beds were never made properly and cleaning was nowhere to be seen. dinner was expensive compared to quality and quantity.the filled steak was so rare cooked,that blood was dripping and filled the plate.this was not only our view as we clearly noticed other guest were not happy as well.

the location very nice although hard even for GPS to find. the surroundings are amazing. beds comfortable and breakfast as expected.most important it was freshly prepared daily.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Check in inconvenient

Check in very inconvenient. Didnt reply to late-check-in request. Turned up at 2pm but no one around. Had to leave and rang later that I would arrive between 11pm and midnight, to which i was told no one would be around after 11pm so no, it wasn't possible. Rushed like crazy out of a concert to be there before 11pm, to notice that the bar wad still open after 11 an staff still there. Shame!

Rooms large clean, well equipped

Very basic hotel and

There were a couple of points which dissapointed us. Cleanest of the rooms ( toilets ) were below any standards. One of the rooms did not have ventilation at all and smell from toilet made it Rally uncomfortable to be in. Weather was warm and this combined with lack of ventilation in the room made it not really pleasant. Toilets were extremely basic and deserve renovation. Breakfast was also very basic with main offer being traditional bread, Ham and cheese and some cereal ( coffee was good though ) Management could be a little more customer friendly . We were having a family reunion and brought a champagne bottle to celebrate the gathering, However, we were not allowed to open the bottle not even when we suggested to pay for it. ( we were consuming drinks from the bar )

Location of the Hotel was in a fantastic rural area sorrounded by lake and national park . Also, the Efteling Park was nearby which was one of our target destinations

I booked the hotel after realizing I bit off way more than I...
    • Basic Triple Room

Only thing I didn’t care for was the shower. It was the same floor as the bathroom and the whole floor was wet and it didn’t have great ventilation

I booked the hotel after realizing I bit off way more than I could chew from bouncing around Amsterdam and running straight to Efteling amusement park. So I loved that they had space available. I love that it was in the country with a nice running trail. Staff was very friendly. Comfortable beds. Room was clean.

Countryside hotel
    • Family Room with Shower

No air-conditioning (very hot during heatwave), no fridge on the room, shower drain was partially clogged, so the water stayed on the shower room floor.

Spacious room. Good price-quality ratio. Nice surroundings. Good breakfast. Separate beds for children.

Good hotel, way to far from everything

If you drive it's fine. If not expect to pay a lot for cabs because the location is far from everything. Cabs will run you anywhere between 30-70 Euros a time. Best bet is to rent a car ASAP.

Surrounded by a lot of green and nature

Lovely surroundings in the forest
    • Double Room with Terrace

We had other guests drinks added to our bill, it was fixed up but I think we still paid a little more than what we should have.

Nice quiet location with all facilities available and a safe place to store our bikes.

Lovely surroundings peaceful.
    • Basic Triple Room

Not sure that the Hotel liked children? Maybe the hotel should advertise as a very quite hotel and no large partys off people with children.8

Lovely surroundings peaceful.

Very disappointing
    • Double Room with Terrace

The property advertised a big field for children to play on but it was over grown, the children weren’t aloud to make any noise, neither were ya adult as we were a group of 30, and I wasn’t aloud to use my terraced that I paid for. And the breakfast didn’t cater for children

The rooms were nice and clean

OK Hotel located in great recreation area with good restaurant!
    • Basic Triple Room

Maybe air conditioning should be taken in consideration in the future...Very hot temperatures in NL end of May - 30+ degrees

The forest around it, breakfast was very good! Nice beers in the restaurant!

Avoid this hotel at all costs!
    • Double Room with Terrace

No staff at the reception in the morning, can't get an invoice after a week of first request. No communication from the staff of the hotel at all. Got charged a 100 eu extra without any particular reason, have to dispute the payment.

the location was great, especially the surroundings, the forest and the lake
    • Basic Triple Room

payment process , they couldn't find our payment. the floor in the room wasn't quite clean..and there was no particular view from the room just the back of the building with some cars

the bed and pillows wore very comfy

Remote location but poor welcome

The welcome was very poor. We were made to feel unwelcome and the man didn't even know if the room was made up or not. He didn't even seem bothered by it and just told us to go there to find out.

A remote location surrounded by greenery.

Good location, good service but very basic room facilities.

Tiled floor no carpeting. Wet room instead of closed shower unit. Poor quality mattresses that fell off the main frame if you moved about too much. Poor lighting. Bathroom light switch was near main entrance to room. Tray to leave shampoo etc above wash basin was flimsy and items tended to roll off in to wash basin. Slow WiFi. Main door to room was loosely attached so when someone entered another room it would rattle. Lighting in corridor was not strong enough.

Good choice of bread and cheeses. Good quality coffee. Excellent location. Good bikes for hire.

Not suitable for the purpose of my trip, but could very well be a nice place for others

A bit difficult to reach at dark (parts on unpaved road, GPS doesn’t recognize some dead-end roads) Poor lighting at the parking/entrance. Noisy rooms, I could hear other people talking.

Value for money; bed is comfortable, staff is kind. Restaurant at the property is convenient. If you come to enjoy the surrounding it’s a nice place but for the purpose of my trip too much of a hassle to get to and from the property.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Hotel Frankenstein

The beds were not comfortable. Dirty old rooms. İn the night the way to it was very scary. The location feels like middle Of nowhere.

Only the price made me stay at this hotel. Would definetly not stay again.

Cheap but not so cheerful

We had a very lacklustre welcome from the proprietress who gave us keys to even more lacklustre rooms (or 'cells' as we dubbed them!), though they were at least clean. We asked for the wine list at dinner and there wasn't one as they only do 'red or white!'. All food comes with chips and salad without exception. Reception was permanently closed which meant the guests were wheeling their cases into the restaurant whilst you are eating, not a great one for creating any atmosphere. The waitress then had to check them in. Place is run on a shoestring, paint coming off the walls. Restaurant would be helped if the fire were lit every night; it was on the Saturday and instantly changed the mood, all was forgiven.....almost!

We very much liked the evening waitresses who single handedly ran the bar, waited on the tables and checked visitors in, all with much grace and cheerfulness. Full marks to them.

Good but nothing to miss for
    • Family Room with Shower

No kettle or glasses in the room, tiled floor with no rugs or carpet. No cot beds for babies

Nice park to walk around behind the hotel, restaurant waitress was super helpful and friendly. Nice breakfast

Staff were friendly

Bit noisy at 0200 with returning guests! No hair dryer and breakfast starting at weekend at 0800 but not being told so when we booked in so we thought it was 0730 like previous day

Staff were friendly

Nice location but very basic room.
    • Family Room with Shower

The room had dead bugs splattered on the walls - so we were slightly worried about being eaten alive at night. No kettle in the room.

Basic accommodation and basic breakfast.

Spacious clean apartment and good location
    • Basic Triple Room

Very spacious room (for 3 people), large bathroom and a small kitchen in a corridor inside the apartment. Good location next to the train station and about 10 min walk to the main market square. Hotel parking is 15 EUR/d, but there is a public parking for 2,6 EUR/h max 2 h from 8 till 18.

Bad, humiliating experience.

- I was left waiting for a long time after firstly talking to reception. Staff kept walking around and saying someone would come to serve me. I was asked a few times - by the same members of staff - if I had booked a room for two. Two ladies came up, talked to me - again - and went to talk amongst themselves (I presume about me, as they kept looking at me, suspiciously). I was not served until my (white) husband came to check why I was taking so long to check in. - Unfriendly staff (why not say: racist). The lady who finally did the check in looked very cross with me, for some reason (maybe she didn't like my dark complexion? I can not see another reason as we had never met before). Even though I was doing the check-in, she chose to always address my husband, as if I wasn't there. When she finally finished the typing and registering us, and asked for payment, she wasn't very pleased that I was paying (and she had to look towards me). I extended my hands to get the keys (just to check...). Unsurprisingly, she chose to hand them out to my (white) husband, who had at that point walked away from the bar. - Bedroom floor was dirty - Bed was very uncomfortable. The mattresses kept sliding to one side, forming a huge gap in the middle. - Bathroom was also dirty - mouldy shower curtains, dirty floor. - We could barely open the windows to get some fresh air. - We were close to the fire scape, where people would go for a smoke. ... we only stayed as we were exhausted and didn't want to go looking for another place to sleep.

The view to the back of the hotel was ok

Peace and tranquility.

No problems at all.

The bedroom and bathroom were both very large and very clean and the bed was perfect for me. The owner was very welcoming and helpful and the breakfast was one of the best and the evening meal was very good with a good selection offered with polite friendly service at all times.

Very good quality/price comparison, in beautiful quiet surroundings

The lightning in or rather above heads, kept falling down slightly. And the showercurtains are not iDeal although the shower itself was perfect.

We liked the quiet surroundings, the friendliness of the staff, the food we had for dinner, simple but Very good

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Beautiful hotel and great location

Beautiful hotel off the beaten track. It took us a while to find it along an off road track but the location was wonderful. Surrounded by fields and horses. Very quiet and luxurious.

Good value for money
    • Basic Triple Room

hotel can be accessed by car from the backyard as the main road is closed. It could be mentioned in the booking email.

Hotel is located in a quiet area. Rooms very clean. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Good for a short timeduration but nothing for a long term vacation
    • Double Room with Terrace

not super duper clean but ok and breakfast not too big but has all standards

good wifi

Kruishoeve top

All fine

The way they solve problems

Lovely surroundings

Moaning about the kids

Lovely surroundings

Good value for money.
    • Basic Triple Room

Good value for money. Particular Room was basic but that was as described prior to booking so no issue. Staff good. Breakfast good too!

Went fine
    • Double Room with Terrace

Quite different room that one in the pictures. Bathroom was a bit under quality.

Great personel, very kind and friendly.

Nice soundings

Bar closed to early

Nice soundings Nice friendly staff

Nice big family room, basic but clean!
    • Family Room with Shower

fixed shower door instead of shower curtain

Nice big family room, basic but clean! Ideal for a family with kids, defenitily recommended

Room was cold

Room was cold

Nice staff during stay, and quite good breakfast.

No mint facilities a little bit.

Nice staff during stay, and quite good breakfast.

This was the 5th time I have stayed here. A pleasurable experience.

Good value for money and close to the Brabanthallen

Phantastic home in the forests among incredible beautiful farmyards

This hotel does not offer breakfasts.

Basic price vallued hotel

Basic price vallued hotel

No croissants,.

No croissants,. Bed OK

In the nature.

In the nature.....

lovely hotel, surrounded by woods, lovely swimming lake
    • Basic Triple Room

wifi did not work in room, tv reception was not great either

very friendly staff, remote and quiet location, amazing lake

relaxing

Loved the scenery

Loved the scenery

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Quiet secluded place.

Quiet secluded place. Bikes for rent. Wi-fi. Friendly staff. People in the area in general are very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

The staff were very helpful.

If you dont have a car the location is a bit remote from Den Bosch, in fact from anywhere and resulted in some big taxi fares.

The staff were very helpful. When the restaurant was full with a wedding on our first night they took us to a local eatery (and back) in a stretch limo !

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

Very nicely situated outside urban area.

Very nicely situated outside urban area. The surroundings need a bit work, but the place is quiet and has enough space to walk and relax. I could spend longer period of time there.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2016

Being in easy reach of Park and Ride to Den Bosch.

A bedside table would improve facilities in the room

Being in easy reach of Park and Ride to Den Bosch. Being able to rent bikes and cycle on safe cycle ways into town.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

Staff were extremely helpful during our stay.

Accommodation is quite basic, it's not a luxury hotel. Also, can be tricky to get to without a car, as taxis are few and far apart in that part of the world.

Staff were extremely helpful during our stay. Location is really lovely, in the countryside, with walks in the woods and around a nearby lake.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Surprisingly good dinner, although the menu is short with...

Comfort of the beds (box-spring, small), poor ambiance of the room.

Surprisingly good dinner, although the menu is short with only few options, the dishes are very tasty and cooked with care.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

good dinner and breakfast.

Place needs a redecoration and generally not cared for. Beds weren't made and room not cleaned. Long walk from main road along unmade up road.

good dinner and breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

All very good for the money.

No spare pillows in the bedroom - just the one we were given ... got back really late second nite & couldn't be bothered to go & ask. there was a spare blanket so why not pillows. Further out from den bosch than led to believe. cost a fortune in taxis

All very good for the money. very friendly, good food.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2016

Attractive location in the country.

Lack of facilities in room: nothing to make tea/coffee with, or refrigerator. The decor looked a bit run-down in places (the main hallway). A lot of cigarette litter on the ground around the entrances, although ash trays were provided. I can't understand the mentality of guests who throw their cigarette butts down at random (the main culprits), but surely the staff could tidy these up.

Attractive location in the country. Pleasant staff. Good, hearty food. Welcoming bar/restaurant. Comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2015

Nice location next to the woods and just 15 minutes drive...

The tiles on the floor in the room. Is not cosy.

Nice location next to the woods and just 15 minutes drive from Den Bosch. Tip; sauna Devarana in Den Bosch is excellent!

• Reviewed: 22 November 2015

The WiFi signal is very week in some of the room.

The WiFi signal is very week in some of the room. The owner refused to move me in another room with better signal with silly motivation. I had 5 days without connection

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

The cuisine was very good.

The simple beds were not comfortable enough. The mattresses were too soft. We had a back pain afterwards.

The cuisine was very good. The cook does a good job.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

The waitresses and kitchen staff were very obliging ensuring...

The waitresses and kitchen staff were very obliging ensuring I had a gluten-free meal. The beds were very comfortable and the heating system very efficient.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Location was lovely for walks, nice and peaceful

Beds on wheels so moved about, pillows were knackered, no coffee making equipment. Place looked a little tired.

Location was lovely for walks, nice and peaceful

• Reviewed: 30 April 2015

breakfast included, comfortable and clean room.

had to check in at bar-- less private and less professional. Shower was only a curtain in the corner of the bathroom - somewhat cramped. remote.

breakfast included, comfortable and clean room. In a quiet and beautiful area.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2015

Big nice room!

Bedside tables were missing! One of my bedside lamps was hanging on the other bed (lucky I had another bed). The food is good but expensive compared to what you have in your plate.

Big nice room! Nice place to stay (very calm)

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

Very nice location

No soundproofing at all in the rooms - could almost hear the guests next door using the toilet - no heating in bathroom and nothing provided to stand on (i.e. stand on cold tiles) after showering - would have preferred to pay for breakfast & have something decent - general areas of the hotel very cold - small public road to the property was disgraceful - the number of potholes was unimagineable & impossible to avoid

Very nice location

• Reviewed: 14 May 2016

The setting.

The beds are too soft.

The setting. The restaurant (very good steakhouse)

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

- pictoresque location

- in this price level - I can't find any

- pictoresque location - friendly staff - good quality/price ratio

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Good price.

Good price. Breakfast bag for early checkout.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Very good price.

Very good price. The inclusive breakfast bag when you leave early is a very good stuff.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Hotel is gedateerd

Hotel is gedateerd

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

Friendly staff and good service

Too many noise in the room from outside

Friendly staff and good service

• Reviewed: 14 November 2015

Real quiet surrounding.

Real quiet surrounding. Good restaurant

• Reviewed: 11 November 2015

Very helpful personal, they organised a key even my arrival...

Very helpful personal, they organised a key even my arrival was past midnight

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

the very friendly and helpful staff

the very friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Nice country location

The room is very basic and you can hear people in the hallway and adjoining rooms. No bedside tables. Very uncomfortable pillows

Nice country location

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

close to where we wanted to be

general atmosphere rather run-down

close to where we wanted to be

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

Very quite and peaceful.

Wall plugs did not work in bathroom and at the desk. There was no shelf in shower for shampoo and etc....

Very quite and peaceful.

There are also 30 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse De Kruishoeve 's-Hertogenbosch-Vught traveller photo gallery