Reviews of Delta Hotel City Center 3 stars

Damrak 42-43, Amsterdam City Centre, 1012 LK Amsterdam, Netherlands

#362 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

6.2

5.7

Delta Hotel could not be better located for a stay in...

Hotel furnishing is generally quite dated and not perfectly clean. Personally this accommodated met my needs, others should be aware of the standard before booking.

Delta Hotel could not be better located for a stay in Amsterdam center. Staff are very welcoming, extremely helpful and always on hand. Hotel is very secure too.

Great for the money
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast wasn't the best, steak house down stairs is closed.

Really good location, really good value for money, clean good size rooms, a lift which is rare for a budget hotel and nice staff.

Perfect for stag parties...that’s all
    • Double or Twin Room

Very basic, in need of major upgrade, wish we’d booked somewhere else as it took the shine off our trip to Amsterdam.

Cheap compared to other hotels in Amsterdam.

King delta 😂😂.
    • Quadruple Room

There wasn't really anything not to like 👍.

Location staff & beds are so comfy👍. Also very good idea not allowing residents to eat food in the bedrooms it's so much better❤.

Location very close (park to foot) by most of the city's...
    • Double or Twin Room

Very small room overlooking another very close building. A big gap between the entrance ssa and the paviment. Very bad soundproof walls let you hear all the noises in the neighboring and top rooms. Although the main bulb was burned (it did not work) it was not repaired in the 3 days I stayed there. Breakfast very poor, completely devoid of vegetables and fruits.

Location very close (park to foot) by most of the city's attractions.

I like the location the staff very helpful
    • Double or Twin Room

I did not like no bar or no food in rooms or restaurant to eat out of on the other side plenty of areas to eat out side of building

I like the location the staff very helpful

dont want to remmeber that stay at all in this hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Will never recommend it to anyone , in fact will recommend not to go for this hotel

Nothing liked , I felt like I was cheated the way Hotel person treated .

last minute booking
    • Double or Twin Room

the price was worth 3 stars , the room maybe not quiet. i wouldnt use brick for wall interior. banged my foot badly on the elevated bathroom floor.

location. ease of checkin. soft bedsheets. friendly staff.

Great location. Great staff. You won't regret it.

The lift broke down a few times but was quickly fixed.

The room was comfortable and clean. The hotel smells wonderful. Staff very cheerful and helpful. Booking, payment and check out were very easy. Location is great too. Dam Square is so near. You won't regret it here.

Great stay with friends
    • Six-Person Room

We went for just 1 night, there was 6 of us and we have got a room for 6 ppl. Hotel is located very close to the central station and from our small balcony we had a nice view. Staff was friendly. Room was clean, we have expected 3 double beds, but there were 6 single beds, well not an issue anyway. There were 2 fans in the room and nice big bathroom. Breakfast was general continental. Highly recommend. P.S if you need a wifi be ready to pay it's extra charge

DON'T BOOK DELTA HOTEL
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is an AWFUL deal for the money. I saw that booking.com recommended the property and that it had a "great location" so I booked it and I was extremely disappointed. First off it looks nothing like the pictures online. It is very run down and grubby inside and the rooms are absurdly small for the price you pay. The bathroom is so small that the there is no space to close the shower curtain. The rooms also do not have air conditioning and there is a tiny table fan that they provide you instead. This is the kind of hotel where you don't want to take your shoes off because the carpets looks so worn. The sheets were stained and I found a blood streak on one of the walls in my room. Be warned that there is an additional fee to have wifi in the room and that only the lobby wifi is included in the room rate. In addition, there is a €30 deposit that you have to put down at the time of booking for the TV remote and room key. Also, most of the staff was very rude. The gentleman who checked me in was extremely condescending and acted as though everyone was wasting his time. You can leave your luggage with them if the room is not ready but they just put it in the lobby because there is not room allocated for luggage storage and they are not responsible for any of it. When I was waiting to check in I watched someone just walk up and take bags without the people at the desk even looking away from their screens. Furthermore, the hotel is very close to the train station but it is also very close to the red light district so every night there were people outside the hotel entrance who were making comments because they were high or drunk. Finally, don't count on the free breakfast as a good deal because there are very few options. The peanut butter packets offered were completely liquid when I opened them and the hot food was not warm at all. Overall, I would highly advise not staying at this hotel.

It is located very close to the central train station which I thought was going to be really nice but after visiting I realized that it doesn't really matter which train station you are new because it is very easy to travel between places.

Good thing it was only for one night
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel has an instant ‘old and forgotten’ impression. Very unpleasant guy at the check-in reception, ridiculously small room which was not cleaned properly. Tiny bathroom with a toilet that was leaking.

The breakfast was okay, the beds are comfortable.

Dies what it says on the tin.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel us excellently situated. The staff are very attentive. The room was very clean. The hotel is tired looking and the breakfast is very basic but we would stay here again.

Staff member let it down but good location
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff not the most welcoming. Male member of staff didn't give us the greeting I expected, a few sarcastic and witty comments didn't go down well with me. My partner also found his attitude a little off putting. For this reason alone - I wouldn't return.

Location is amazing, right in heart of the city close to shops, bars etc. The beds were comfortable and it was clean.

Noisy, loud, unclean.
    • Double or Twin Room

Noisy, loud, unclean. Lights and heating were not working on one morning! Room facilities we're bad. Too expensive and not worth the money at all.

Location is excellent.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is excellent. Shower a challenge to use at high risk of being scalded. Chefs need to learn how to make proper scramble egg and beans should be warm. Down stairs needs deodourising.

Amsterdam is great just a poor hotel for the money we paid we expected better

The hotel has a bad smell in it as soon as you enter it the rooms we had badly need updated We all have what looks like bed bug bites and there is a big cat that sits on the seats in the reception area . I seen the cat wandering through the dining area as well I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anybody

Great little hotel, great staff, excellent location.

My only complaint would be that the bathroom was tiny which could prove to be. A problem if you are larger in size or have mobility issues. Other than that, no issue, great place.

I got stuck in Amsterdam Airport due to admin error. Having looked at hotel prices for one night they were all extortionate and my wife managed to find the Delta at a reasonable rate with breakfast. I knew exactly where it was having been to Amasterdam lots of times. It’s literally 200 metres from Centraal Station. Check in was easy and the lady on reception was friendly. The room was very clean and better than I expected. It was quiet, but I was towards the back. Breakfast was fine with plenty of choice. Checkout was easy and I left my bag there from 8am until 7pm in the baggage room with no concerns. I would stay here again.

We slept on top of the bed but refused to turn the blankets down, that sums it up !
    • Double or Twin Room

The whole hotel was filthy, no bottled water in the hotel never mind in the room, which had no tea/coffee facilities, empty mini bar. The only vending machine on the ground floor, did not have any drinks. No dining or bar facilities, except a poor breakfast in a filthy dining room.

Ideal for those party days with your friends

No air conditioning. We were lucky with the weather, we could sleep with windows open, but it will be a disaster once it's hotter. The windows look at the busiest street of the city, so it may not be ideal for those who want quiet.

Yes, breakfast was better than expected. Amsterdam accommodation is not cheap, so you can expect a small room without anything fancy for a lot of money. Unbeatable location though if you come to party with your friends.

The hotel was nice, but the room was not comfortable, especially for over 200 euros per night.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was very cramped and stuffy. There was no window and the bed was too soft.

The staff was wonderful. The location was great. Breakfast was lovely.

Loved the room, got room number 229, same room I had in my...
    • Double or Twin Room

Only down side is no food allowed in the hotel room.

Loved the room, got room number 229, same room I had in my last stay & loves it. Great staff & brilliant location.

A huge and expensive disappointment
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff for kitchen - only one person. Very poor breakfast - not ready after 35 mins (partial ready), not refilled until 30 mins until end (even if the estimation is '15 minutes before')  No heating in the room, the elevator has no door (you can see the wall with inscriptions when you are moving),  The price is exorbitant and 30Eur are asked as deposit/guarantee for the entrance card and the remote controller (and no bar in the room, so, why 30?)  The door has a little alarm which makes noise everytime when the door is opened (yours and the neighbor's on) the man from the reception explained that it is only to not forget the door opened.??? Also is a big alarm near by the door, inside, which was activated I don't know why... But not in all rooms and not only in ours...  The people from reception - ok, excepting a man who really cried out when we asked about the alarm (he said is working there from nine years) I definitely not recommend and I'll not return  never!

The location only

Treated like children! !
    • Six-Person Room

On arrival we were treated so bad! A week before we arrived (a group of 5) money was tried to be taken from my bank account! Then the booking was cancelled cause I didn't have the money in my account! So I had to re-book it! Then €395 was taking from my account! When I emailed I was told this was reservation for first night! When I replied and asked "so I just owe the remaining money upon arrival" I didn't get a response! So we just presumed that was it! When we got there we were greeted by A. Mazza. He wanted the full amount €834 (including 6%vat) I told him I just owed 435 as ye already took 395 from my account! He went on to say that I needed to pay the full amount and then he would return the money I already paid!!! I use booking.com very ofter and have never came across this! It was advertised as book now and pay on arrival! I asked if he could not just keep the money I paid and take the rest but he was like no I want full amount! Now the group of us all work in retail in lreland, and if we ever spoke to a customer like that we would be in trouble! He made us feel so small! We went on to pay the money and I watched him transfer the 395 back into my account! He then said we own €60 for a deposit!!! Even though on the sheet he gave me it said €30, but it was crossed out!! That was a joke!! We were given 1 key card, even though there was 5 of us in the room! The card then had to be left at the desk every time we were going out!! The room was so very basic, no kettle or facilities to even make a hot drink! Bathroom was ok, beds were ok! The area you were able to walk on was just ok but under the beds there was a lot of dust! For a 3 star it was very bad! We didn't use the breakfast facilities as we noticed a big white cat on a chair by the entrance to the restaurant, and a person in out group was allergic to cats! Overall I would not recommend this accommodation to stay in!

A bed for the night. Nothing more, nothing less.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms are small & cold and the beds arent the comfiest. 200 euro a night for what you get isnt a good deal. Plus the staff can be a bit snappy. Felt like an inmate rather than a guest a couple of times. All in all it was okay for a stag weekend but next time i'd be looking elsewhere.

The location is great.

• Eight-Person room

Was not keen on the breakfast

Great location. Would definitely come back here. We stayed in an 8 person bedroom which was actually quite well spaced. Balcony had a nice view.

Great location, have stayed here twice and will def book again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed was comfy, we had a room with a small balcony facing onto the Main Street. Very good location for main attractions and 5 min walk to central station.

Basic hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The décor was shabby and could have been cleaner. Some towels had holes in them. There were broken tiles in the bathroom.

Most Staff were very friendly. There was the option of storing luggage before and after checking-in to make the most of a short trip to Amsterdam.

Love Amsterdam and perfect location smack bang in the middle of everything!

There was no soy milk for those whom are lactose intolerant, the drinks machine didn't work.

Comfy bed, nice but basic room, and the hotel cat is lovely! Location is perfect for all needs for all people! The staff are extremely helpful and sociable, happy to talk about the area and advise.

NEVER EVER AGAIN! I wish I could get a refund because after my first day the trip was ruined.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bet bugs (Got bit my last night there) Random fire alarm at 6:30 in the morning Dirty they only cleaned my room once and we stayed there 3 days For the price I spent over 700 euro and shouldn’t have spent no more than 300 euro the rooms are horrible, the customer service is horrible and the overall experience is traumatic. I’ll never use booking again or ever use or recommend this hotel

There are bed bugs, this is a horrible hotel I wanted a refund from the first day but was unable to because it would be an inconvenience, the walls and curtains are disgusting, the first room the toilet would leak when I flushed the toilet and my wife sat down and said afterwards she felt itchy this is a horrible hotel in general and this hotel most definitely shouldn’t be listed and to be honest it should just be shit down period I’m absolutelty disgusted.

Did the Job! Thank you Guys!
    • Double or Twin Room

Very Central and friendly staff. They also had a beautiful Cat that I wanted to make a hat out of! Room had everything I needed including a hairdryer (Very important). It was clean and spacious enough for a short break. Breakfast isn't bad either. Thank you everyone at Delta.

Centrally located, friendly staff, breakfast included.

It’s in a high energy neighborhood which means it can get loud outside at night. The floors can be cleaner.

Centrally located, friendly staff, breakfast included. This is a great place if it were at a lower price point.

We got what we paid for. Satisfied.

Stayed in Amsterdam a few times before, from 5 star to budget hotels. Delta is good value for money.

Breakfast was decent, first come first serve. Rooms were clean, clean towels. Beds were comfortable. Staff were good.

Apart from GREAT discomfort on my first night in the BEDROOM-------GOOD.

THE BEDROOM WAS VERY COLD .A SINGLE SUMMER DUVET ON THE BED IN WINTER. THE RADIATOR WAS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. I WOULD LIKE A REDUCTION ON MY BOOKING MADE FOR JUNE30th2018 at the FAIRWAY HOTEL ,LONDON.

THE STAFF WERE VERY HELPFUL AT RECEPTION. THE BREAKFASTS WERE GOOD.

Beware!!!! - Never again!
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom unclean (had to clean the toilet) - hairs in the basin. shower had soap residue on the floor. shower had mould and damaged door. Wanted to use the extra pillow in the wardrobe but it was caked in dust. There's a 30 euro deposit required for the TV remote and room key (which must not be taken out of the hotel - so you have to queue to hand it in/retrieve when going in or out). Eating in the bedrooms is forbidden or so we are told as part of the welcome when arriving. Breakfast (buffet) had all but gone 1/2 hour before official ending at not replenished. Room was ridiculously small with a ~5 inch gap to get passed the bed to the other side. 1 small lamp on the wall provided inadequate lighting perhaps so as to hide the filth?? Perhaps if the price was 26 euros instead of the 126 euros that we paid it might not seem so bad. Maybe they should consider advertising as a hostel in the future.

leaving

Does exactly what it’s say on the tin. Budget hotel in a prime location.

Could of done with an extra pillow and some shampoo

Room was lovely and warm. Maid service daily. Clean rooms. As a women travelling on her own I felt safe which was a major relief.

Will definitely return :)
    • Six-Person Room

Good spread for breakfast, very central, clean and nice bathroom, close to restaurants and shops. Overall what we needed as a place to sleep at night :)

I didn't expect to find the hotel which has bedbugs in...

I didn't expect to find the hotel which has bedbugs in the bed in the center of Europe. I was bitten by bedbugs in the night and saw one of them on the wall in the morning. Delta hotel is untidy, old and you feel like you stay in the den. Do not recommend this hotel!!!

This was an awful experience. I was bitten by some bugs, it was itchy and I had marks of it during all week. My bed was just stuck to the window and to the radiator, so I had to turn it down because it was impossible to sleep with so much heat just aside. The breakfast was average.

Great location, highly recommended.

Amazing location I'd definitely recommend purely on that basis however the staff were very polite and friendly also. Basic accommodation but has everything you need.

Could be much better.

1. Room - there was not even a small table, so you'll face difficulty if you need to write something. 2. Breakfast - small choice. 3. Payment - I was asked to pay in full by arrival. For *** hotel it was strange. 4. 30 Euro deposit for TV remote control - it's beyond my understanding. 5. Every time going out I had to leave key card on reception - strange demand.

Location - excellent. Staff- friendly. Clean.

Stayed here twice before and had rooms with street view and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Room in bad order and in need of a refurb!!

Stayed here twice before and had rooms with street view and they were very acceptable, this time it was a room at the back of hotel which was a bit like I’d image a prison cell!! It done the job but I wouldn’t be in a hurry back!!

Was alright
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast bad. Blood on 'clean sheets'. Room tidied even though do not disturb was on door. Cleaner walked in while I was in bed even though the do not disturb was on the door. Delta hotel takes 90 pound from your bank and doesn't tell you and then it takes 3 working days after you check out to get it back. I had to phone my bank to find out why my 90 pound was gone!!!!!

Large bathroom with shower and bath. Night staff were helpful and friendly

One week before we arrived, the hotel took 383 pounds from...

One week before we arrived, the hotel took 383 pounds from my bank as a deposit. Then when we arrived, I was told the 383 would be reimbursed and then the full ammount taken, which is a really strange way to do things. I was told the 383 would arrive in my bank in 4-5 days. It has been 7 days and I haven't had a penny. The issue is to be taken up with my bank and booking.com as I think I may of been conned.

Practical, great location, friendly staff and clean
    • Eight-Person room

They had a great selection of food in the morning, which was included in the priceof the booking. They had a great spread. The best of all was the location. Everything was at a walking distance

The city overall is fantastic to explore. It’s is expensive, and some things are extortionate.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff not helpful. Asked for a travel adapter. Told hotel has only 1 and to come back later. I came back and there was anothrr staff member on counter, asked again, this time told, hotel doesn’t have any. Got charged 30 euros on top of paying for the stay in cash. Told it was a deposit?? Lucky I had some spare euros with me. Had to fly out early, so asked told staff I will be missing my paid for breakfast, and if I could have a sandwich to go. Told no, have a coffee instead. Very cheeky, considering the price of the rooms. Last time I will stay here

The only thing this place has going for it is that it is reasonable close to the train station.

The facilities were good, the staff were rude.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was really bad. We didn’t even bother with it on our second morning. We also wanted a double bed but instead we got two singles, pushed together. The staff were particularly rude also.

The room was spacious and clean

Great stay

No smoking area in the hotel as you cant smoke in the hotel. I left my phone charger in the room when i checked out and whent back and they didnt want to look they just said nothing was in the room.

The hotel is in a great Location so close to city centre and all the coffee shops. The beds were comfy and clean. We enjoyed our stay but only got a bit angry when they wouldnt help me when i left my phone charger in the room.

Perfect for a short stay

The room and especially the bathroom were rather worn out. It took us about 20 minutes to get the water temperature right (it was either boiling hot or ice cold). We only stayed for one night, so it wasn't so much of a problem, but I can imagine one would get really irritated by this on a longer stay.

Lovely breakfast with lots of choice! Great location at less than 5 mins. walk from the station. Staff were very friendly.

Excellent location but they don't worth their money..
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was very very small, not very clean and the most important with BED BUGS! they bite me and i covered with big pimples in my hands.

Breakfast was good with the basic (butter,bacon,cheese,bread,eggs,coffee juice etc) the stuff was very friendly and the location excellent!!!

Good location nice staff ok rooms and epic fail on the breakfest
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was absolute joke 3 warm choices beans and bacon I don't eat so scrambled egg was the only thing I would eat .I would recommend not paying for breakfast and going a couple doors down has to be worst breakfast selction/choice I've ever had

Good location and staff only bonus

We found the Dutch to be very friendly and warm outgoing.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not allowed food in room, tv was poor viewing no variety on channels.

A bit expensive, there three stars are not the same as our three stars, very short walk from train station, close to centre. Rooms a bit small but at the end it's a bed to sleep.

Fine for one night, clean, with ample security.

No window in room.

Location and security. This is a very secure hotel. Location is five minute walk from main station. Five more minutes gets you to most any worthwhile site in central Amsterdam.

do not ever stay here

never going to stay here again or will never recommend it to anyone going to Amsterdam. also your site was expensive. my friends walked into a hotel in the area on the day and payed less. ill know for next time

great location but such rude staff. very noisy hotel. smoking in rooms. no customer service what so ever. never again

Terrible staff and facilities, robbers
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were rude, they tried to take more money off me numerous times, the took a 30 Euro deposit and would not give it back because I didn't have the remote control for the TV but they had already taking my controller and when I told him that they took it, he started shouting at me, all around the hotel was disgusting, would never again go there, even if you paid me

There was nothing good about the property, over priced as it is and when you get there they add 50 to 70 Euro on your bill for the room

Nothing but close to the station and the center of the town
    • Double or Twin Room

No hot water in the bathroom despite the fact the team was knowing the default when we took the room ! No excuse, execpt the answer to send a mail to the manager of the hotel. The floor was very dirty and dusty. the 3 stars hotel corresponds to a 1 star in lots of countries...

Nothing but close to the station and the center of the town

Nothing was good!
    • Double or Twin Room

It was the worse experience I've ever had with hotels. We had a room with no windows and supersmall, considering that we paid for 1 night more than 200 euro. No free wi-fi in the room. We also had very noisy neighbours that basically were screaming all the night. I DO NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

Nothing was good!!!

Never again.

Worst place ever. Started with the blonde on reception who, when I commented on the 3€ per day charge for WiFi said she was going to give me a free voucher for the WiFi but she wasn’t going to now. So rude. And weird. The room is a small, cold cell. The shower curtain fell down. The tap is too big for the skink and splashed everywhere. The light only works from the main switch. So you have to get out of bed to turn it off. I found a staff member slumped on the floor when I left my room on the first day. I was thankful my belongings were still there when I got back and was really thankful I was leaving the next day. This has to be the worst place I have ever stayed at. With the rudest reception staff ever encountered. Avoid at all cost!!! It’s not even that cheap. No wifi in the rooms, people. Not unless you go back to the norm in 2007 and pay for it. But do not comment on that as the receptionist will do everything in her power to make you feel like poo on the hotel’s shoe. Not a paying customer. The fire alarm went off at 6:30 am. Impossible to get back to sleep after that as the walls are paper thin, and the person in the next room was snoring very loudly. Then the shower: The concept of showering pretty much on top of the bathroom sink is odd. Not helped by a poorly attached shower curtain rod. Tip: don't leave anything on the shelf above the sink, it will be sopping wet after your shower. And then to the grand finale: the check-out. The aforementioned charming woman on reception was back, She immediately mentioned she's seen the first half of this review, which I left the night before. Then she proceeded to ask which member of staff was sleeping in front of my door. Which is not where the staff member was, if she read this properly. Then she took a photo of my receipt, as "I had a wfifi code" (oh, the coveted, holy grail of the Delta Hotel's €3 per day wifi!). Never understood why, and she was too angry to explain.

The location is ok.

dowdy room ultimately spoilt by rules & facilities
    • Double or Twin Room

The bedroom wasn’t nice. No view at all - looked out onto a wall. Breakfast could be improved. Very few facilities - the hotel are missing an opportunity. Restaurant open only for breakfast - no cafe / coffee drinking facility. Not able to eat in the room. - too many rules for a very basic hotel.

Had a great stay, definately going back, ideal location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Could do with kettle in room. Lift small but reliable. Could do wish a little modernisation.

The location could not have been better 2 minute walk from central station, 10 mins to Dam Square, China town & Red Light District. The hotel is slightly dated but clean, staff very helpful, rooms smallish but for what you pay more than adequate. Breakfast basic but good, (bacon looks dodgy but tastes fantastic) Would advise to take travel kettle & ask for room at the front of hotel as lovely view of street & canal. We had a lovely break & intend to go back next year.

The location close to the Central station was great.
    • Quadruple Room

The cleaning of the rooms and changing of towels could be improved. I found the price to be high considering the standard of the room and the breakfast.

The location close to the Central station was great.

Poor

All of the above

There was no lock on the door. The cushions smelt of dirty old smoke and was stained. The hotel water was not consistent it would either be just right or burn you and when you turned out one of the lights you would lose connection with the charger on your phone

Aggressive
    • Double or Twin Room

I DIDNT like the guy on the front desk trying to keep our €30 deposit, he actually tried to physically fight me. Disgusting!!!!!!!

Breakfast was reasonable

value for money could be better but the position is ideal
    • Double or Twin Room

´The Floors and public areas are dark, smelly and could be renovated but fortunately the rooms are clean and well maintained. I had to pay for a deposit of 30 euros upon arrival (which I have never experienced in a hotel). Also I had to pay extra money for using the internet in the room which - considering the high price of the room - should be included.

The staff ist friendly, the position is ideal because you can easily walk to all touristic attractions. In spite of the central position, the hotel is very quite and I didnt hear any noise during the night.

Good location within walking distance to Dam square and all the sights. Super short break.
    • Quadruple Room

Whilst the room was clean, the decor was very tired and could have done with some upgrading.

The staff were very friendly and helpful with check in being dealt with quickly. Breakfast was fine. The location was super. The room was clean.

Location and nothing else.
    • Double or Twin Room

Somethig bite me at first night of stay and till today I have red, painfully dots on my arm and back! Room was not to clean, did not worth 400 euro for 2 nights!

Location and nothing else.

Amsterdam is a beautiful city with lots to do.

The decor

It’s a bit dated but we were out all day and it was just somewhere to put our heads down at the end of a busy day. You couldn’t get a better location all the main attractions are a stone throw away.

Value for money
    • Six-Person Room

Room cleaning was not done everyday but apart from that everything was fine.

The location of this hotel is at the very center of Amsterdam and it makes it easier to visit nearby restaurants, parks etc. Also we had a room with 6 beds so it is perfect for a group vacation and want to stay in one room.

Friendly staff and good value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

No tea or coffee making facilities in room. Fridge in room didn't work, tv in the wrong position. Paid for Wi-Fi in the room but there was no signal at all.

Very convenient for the city centre and train station

Awesome location and friendly staff

The rooms could do with updating they look a little bit tired

The location was fantastic don’t think it’s any better, the staff were absolutely lovely and friendly, the simplicity of the rooms is very good too a really good value hotel

Would NEVER recommend this hotel or book it again!
    • Double or Twin Room

The carpeting in the rooms and public area was NASTY!!!! it needs to be removed. Some of the rooms have laminate flooring, much better choice. I actually moved rooms to get a room with the laminate flooring. We were given towels that had holes and stains on them. Pillows were lumpy, walls needed to be wiped down, drapes were stained, ceiling had stains on it.

I didn't like much but I was stuck with the booking. Location was very convenient, but not worth the the price. Should have booked a couple of blocks further from the main street.

Was good enough as we planed the trip in the last minute.

The hotel was old and you pay mostly for the location not for the facilities. There was a small fridge in the room but it was not working and when we asked the staff they said it is not supposed to worke! My towels were old with hole inside. There were not enough lightening in the room. The nexr room was very loud in the night. We had a great view of the city but because the room was next to the street we had very noisy night.

The location was great, very close to central station and in the heart of city center. The breakfast was good for such a price. There were free wifi only in the lobby of hotel but you could have wifi in the room for an extera money. The bedding was clean. The room was small but enough for us.

Great location but not perfect
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed bug bites from the beds Rude staff Poor breakfast menu

Great location 5 minutes from the train station Good size room Quiet rooms to sleep in at the back of the hotel Been staying at this hotel for years

Smell of smoke permeated into room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing except it is centrally located but then there are many hotels located in the vicinity. Not worth the rate being charged. I would not recommend this hotel.

Important warning. Avoid Delta Hotel Amsterdam!

Bed bugs. Incredibly small bathroom not usable. Unhelpful staff. Breakfast was late. They haven't refunded me. Did they expect me to continue under these conditions?

Browse Delta Hotel City Center traveller photo gallery