Reviews of Hotel de Duif Lisse - Schiphol 3 stars

Westerdreef 49, 2161 EN Lisse, Netherlands

#6 of 6 hotels in Lisse

Nice friendly hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The standard room is really small. Little space around the bed. The pillows too big and hard like stone.

Friendly staff. Good location. Big size double bed.

Because there is no lift, perhaps a chair stair lift could be a solution...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I checked in on Thursday 10th of May and checked out on Sunday 13th of May 2018. I booked through Booking.com and payed with Ideal for a total amount of € 444,00. When checking in upon arrival I had to pay €90,00 (€ 75,00 for breakfast and 15,00 for tourist taxesx). Made a comment to hotel desk-assistant, saying I thought I had already payed for breakfast. A story was told (?), so I took it for granted. Night before departure I checked my booking papers and discoverd breakfast was included in total amount of €444. Morning of 13th asked explanatiiojn as reception desk showing my booking.com confirmation papers.. Again something I can't understand was told, but the desk-assistant will check with a collegue. Again something was told I could not follow and I had the idea the willing of refunding was "lacking". So I showed my papers again where it clearly was written.... Included breakfast! This time I was told the paying beween hotel and booking.com sometimes gives problems (too late or too early?). Anyway I could start my breakfast and then they told me they will refund. This was done with no problems and €75 was refunded on my banking account, which I received two days later. I was wondering what other clients have experience.d.

Breakfast wast more than good....

We enjoyed our time there.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Some things you might expect in a hotel room these days were missing - like temperature controls, a hair dryer and a coffee or tea maker. We were able to borrow a hair dryer and kettle from the desk but there was some question about whether they were available.

The staff was extremely kind and helpful. Breakfast was good but pricey. The location was excellent for visiting Keukenhoff Gardens and for walking to good restaurants in town.

Very good location.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There is no air conditioning in the room, no fridge, no elevator ( we lived on the 3d floor), very poor WiFi ( could not stream a movie, had to reload every 5-10 minutes, so could not watch). Even a fan was missing (Marianna had to take it from another hotel, but it was old and rattling like hell). It was very hot (+26) - so we had to open the windows. However every evening after working hours there was a group from a nearby supermarket playing cards, smoking, drinking, laughing and listening to loud music - not possible to rest until 10:30. Smoke was reaching our room, so it was very uncomfortable. Pillows are so big and hard it is not possible to use them, we had to use our clothes instead. Bathroom was smelly and not cleaned well. Definitely not worth the price we paid (160 euro/ night).

Very good location. Walking distance from Kaukenhof and the center. Breakfast was pretty good, but rather expensive and charged separately. One staff, Marianna, was very kind and tried to do her best to make our stay as comfortable as it could be, and compensate somehow the negative sides of the hotel, we want to thank her.

We stay there’s just because it’s closed to keukenhof gardens
    • Comfort Triple Room

The room was ok but the shower room get fooded every time after we’ve a shower non shower jel been topping up after first day while we’re Stayed so

We stay there’s just because it’s closed to keukenhof gardens

They didn't put the crib, as asked.
    • Comfort Triple Room

They didn't put the crib, as asked. Hotel has no lift. For people with a baby, like us, is quite annoying to have to climb two floors of stairs with bags, baby and child. Great location.

nice staff, possible to rent bicycles, great lobby
    • Comfort Triple Room

Overpriced, but most likely it was linked to season of Keukenhof being opened we had very tiny triple room

nice staff, possible to rent bicycles, great lobby

Perfect place to stay to visit Keukenhof
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We booked two rooms, one of the rooms had windows but it could not be opened, so no fresh air could come . But everthing was good.

We went to see the tulips in keukenhof and the hotel is just 5 mins walk away which was very convenient

Enjoyable

No elevtor

It is a great place to stay if you want to see Keukenhof, takes about 10 minutes to walk there. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great. There are numerous restaurants around the corner.

Good location, easy to find parking
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It’s too loud, we can hear everything outside and the room nearby too, (when he’s watching TV) I don’t like the door of shower, it’s not stable.

Good location, easy to find parking Near the best Restaurant „den Ouden heere“ just 2 Minute recommend to try this. Not a big room but comfy. Great for one night trip. Staffs are very lovely

Good location - very close to Keukenhof gardens.
    • Comfort Triple Room

The breakfast was quite poor - there could be at least something sweet like pancakes, waffels, muffins etc. No kettle in the room. Sound isolation in the room not perfect.

Good location - very close to Keukenhof gardens. Amazingly friendly personnel (we were travelling with the small baby and everyone was very helpful)

Good for one night
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

For those with car might me hard to get a parking. Room I got was nice and clean but very small. There is no elevator.

It is in the centre of the city and easy to access from main street. Personel very nice and good breakfast. There u can also rent a bike.

Staff were friendly and helpful.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Bed bugs found in room. Room was not cleaned or tidied daily. Space was crammy. Didn't have lift for our 2nd floor room and no option for veggie breakfast

Staff were friendly and helpful. Helped a lot with storing our medicines in fridge

Fantastic short holiday in a cozy hotel near Keukenhof 😊
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bed wasn’t that comfortable and the pillow was impossible to sleep on. There was no warm meal for breakfast (no bacon or scrambled eggs, just cold stuff, although very tasty, especially fresh crispy bread).

Great location - short walk to Keukenhof garden, very nice staff (helpful in advising on how to get to other locations and lending an umbrella on a rainy day), the room was small but very cozy and clean. Restaurants and shops just around the corner.

Staff were very friendly

Breakfast not worth the money. Also you only get one cup of tea or coffee no refills possible. Walls are thin noise travels very easily.

Staff were very friendly

below average
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

small room keys to room failed only one key for two people breakfast expensive and not varied and thus not healthy no complimentary coffee only one pillow per customer loud crowd outside room

Close to Tulip garde

Good for one night but unfortunately will not return.
    • Economy Twin Room

They charge me tourist tax for 2 people which I questioned only to be told booking.com did book for 2 people whilst I was travelling on my own. I did got a refund though staff very unfriendly about it.

Very nice junior suite much better as expected.

Service was good, everything is clean, a bit far from Amsterdam
    • Comfort Triple Room

a double bed were 2 separate single beds together A bit expensive price for hotel breakfast - 11.5 euros per person (for this money you can in the centre of Amsterdam in cafe)

Interior is great, staff are friendly and helpful. 25 minutes by car from Park and ride in Amsterdam + 20-30 minutes by public transport to centre - not that close, so think about it

Ok for a night
    • Economy Twin Room

We paid the tourist tax and then in the morning they said we hadn't paid. Even when we showed the ticket. Ok for a night (basement accomodation). Thin walls.

Soft and comfy beds. The shower area is really small but adequate, same can be said for the room. Close to the airport. 24h reception.

A good place, with a few limitations.
    • Economy Twin Room

Some exposed wires, an exposed vent in the bathroom. No elevators, so not a good place ifyou have troubles with stairs.

Quiet,clean. Fairly easy to get to. Close to shops, supermarkets.

Spent two days in this lovely hotel for a business trip, staff were nice and design is top notch

the Hotel front is not very attractive, hallways are not very attractive either. The TV never worked

Interior design is beautiful. Situated in a beautiful Town and within reach of amazing restaurants and shops.

We have never stayed in any hotel that was so noisy all night , with no consideration for guests
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We did,nt get any sleep due to noise of people banging up and down the open tread stairs all night , talking outside at the top of their voices and banging doors all night, we were asked for payment when we booked in, if we had'nt paid up front we would have refused to pay for one night , all the hotel could offer was a sorry when we complained the next morning, we will never stay there again

Room was decorated nicely

The hotel is good located in a quiet neighbourhood , the...
    • Comfort Triple Room

The breakfast is not included in the price and unfortunately it is not as good as you expect after paying the extra fee.

The hotel is good located in a quiet neighbourhood , the staff is friendly and helpfull.

Nice
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The twin room was so small, our legs touched in the night as they were that close. Also disappointed that there was no tea or coffee making in the room. For us it was too far out from the City, travel was difficult and a taxi cost £70 each way. Also overpriced for what was received.

The hotel is lovely. The seating area in front of the fire was so comfortable, the staff were friendly and it was in a nice area.

Nice Spacious Apartment.
    • Apartment

One evening we had to park a few blocks away. One night, loud men kept us awake after 12mn when they were in the outdoor restaurant area.

Spacious apartment. Walking distance to many restaurants and a couple of supermarkets. Good free wifi. Free public parking was usually available nearby. Most staff members were very helpful. I would happily return to this nice, comfortable apartment. It was fun to rent a bicycle from the front desk and explore the local area. Thoughtful man at the front desk lent me an umbrella when it was raining.

Breakfast was abundant, although we missed eggs, bacon and...
    • Comfort Triple Room

The carpets needed some vacuum work, for the rest toilets and beds excelent

Breakfast was abundant, although we missed eggs, bacon and this type of cooked food, there were only boiled eggs. Good wifi connection and friendly staff who told us about the best way to use P+R Park and Ride near Amsterdam. A lot of restaurants in the vicinity.

Would stay again.
    • Economy Twin Room

Stairs were a little difficult. No elevators.

The staff was friendly and helpful.The rooms were adequate in size with good bathrooms. Location close to businesses including restaurants.Easy to get to bicycle pathways.

although ok, i probably would choose somewhere else next time

states near by parking , however it is a public carpark , from the pictures i thought it was on the canal , but down a side street, no lift and wooden stairs , i have a bad knee and found this annoying

comfortable bed ,

Nice hotel for short stay

No elevator, if you have heavy luggage, a little inconvenience.

Very good hotel, clean and comfy , location is also nice , There is a big supermarkets nearby. staffs are very friendly. Highly recommend.

Fair value for money

At least in the rooms we have used, bathrooms where too small and the showers designed for tiny, skinny people. I am 175cm and 80kg and I barely had some space to wash properly in that shower.

The staff was very nice and always smiling, room has fair space but it is not big but the bed was comfortable and that I see it as a plus. If you plan to go plane spotting, the location is 15 minutes driving away from Polderbaan rwy 18R-36L

If only it could be quieter...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It seems to be impossible to walk up and down the stairs and to close the bedroom doors quietly. It felt like I was awake half the night listening to elephants in the hotel, but then I noticed I made just as much noise. I guess it's in the construction and not alot can be done about it. It's a pity because it becomes annoying.

Overall a good place to stay and I would book again.

Totally great value; super nice and flexible staff; would definitely stay again!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bathroom in our triple room, where we stayed one night, smelled a little weird; it was a little tricky to find a parking spot, but we stayed around a bank holiday.

Super friendly staff, nice atmosphere and well sized rooms; great double bed in our double room; located in an area with restaurants, bars and cafés, close to local supermarkets. Just over 15 mins drive from National park and beaches; 30-40 mins to Schiphol airport and Amsterdam downtown

Hotel de Duif Lisse - good choice for accommodation in Lisse
    • Comfort Triple Room

Kitchen was not equiped - if presenst in room at least basic equipment should be avaliable. Bike rental was not possible for a half day rental fee.

A nice hotel right in centre of Lisse, close to restaurants, shops and approx. 20min. walking distance to Keukenhof.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

It was clean centrally located near to the Gardens and easy...

In the suite it looks there is a small kitchen but there was nothing except a kettle. I booked this suit just because to prepare some basic food, at least to warm milk for my child. But there was nothing, if you are looking for something like that then it is not a good place to stay.

It was clean centrally located near to the Gardens and easy to find a parking.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Nice Hotel but overpriced
    • Economy Twin Room

The room was really small and the bathroom even smaller. We were on the ground floor which was a bit noisy outside first thing in the morning

The hotel is well situated for the Keukenhof and bars and restaurants in the town.

• Economy Twin Room

The hotel was old and dirty. The room we had originally booked was in the basement, as advertised, however was situated within the hotel toilets and stank of toilets and sewers. When we reported this and asked for another room, we had to pay for an upgrade. The 'senior suite' we were given was old and dirty. Carpets were stained, chairs ripped, bed uncomfortable, bathroom disgusting, rust stains. Kitchenette falling apart and empty, no utensils. The room was generally depressing and dilapidated. Had to exit hotel to a small dark alleyway to re enter hotel to go for breakfast. Had booked hotel for two nights but checked out on first morning. Staff did not question this and told us no refunds. Worse hotel we ever stayed in.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Good economical option for a Keukenhof visit.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Room and hall smelled stale when we arrived. Narrow STEEP stairs to get to bathroom and sleeping loft in our room.

Location great! Located within easy walking distance to both Keukenhof Gardens and the center of Lisse. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Made good suggestions for dining out and sightseeing. Fans were provided in the room which were useful because the room was warm.

Great holiday with great choice of Hotel
    • Comfort Triple Room

The clean, shiny bathroom. The lovely village around it. The extra friendly staff. When the staff member took us personally to the gardens when the taxi never came!

The town had good food and Keukenhof was spectacular.

No family room option and our room was really small. Didn't know we had to pay a city tax so for 5 people for 2 nights cost us an extra 50 Euro : ( Tea and coffee on arrival would have been nice.

The town had good food and Keukenhof was spectacular. The bed was comfortable.

Good base to explore the bulb region during Tulip season
    • Economy Twin Room

Carry the heavy luggage up the stairs

Walking distance to Keukenhof garden and the tulip fields. Also very short walk to the quaint town for Lisse with many restaurant options. We traveled during Tulip season, so the price is kinda high compared to other hotels we stayed in Europe during our trip, but everything in Netherlands is expense during Spring. The room is clean and comfortable, except there are stairs up to our room, just need to carry the luggage up

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Relaxing, convient hotel stay.
    • Economy Twin Room

Staff would not allow breakfast be brought up to our room. Breakfast not included, price to purchase just a little to high for us, since we don't eat a large breakfast. Overall, fabulous place!!!

Friendly staff and convince walking to Kuekenof Tulip Gardens! Also, bike rentals available right at the hotel, prices reasonable!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

It wasnt clean.
    • Economy Twin Room

It wasnt clean. There were mosquitos everywhere. And they changed our room after 1 day even though we booked for 2 days so we had to pay more for the bigger room.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Loved it...except for the stairs.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Only drawback is no lift/elevator. Our room was on top (2nd) floor, four flights of stairs, we are older adults, and stairs are very hard on us. Even if it had been a first floor room, first floor in many European hotels is not ground floor. Other than this, however, hotel was great value and great location, especially for Keukenhof visitors.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Best stay near Keukenhof Tulip Garden
    • Comfort Triple Room

Ambience , comfort and location is best. Room was specious. Staff is very helpful. This hotel is just 1.2km away from Tulip gardenentrance. The way to the tulip garden is very nice, by walk we enjoyed the road. This property is good for family. We stayed in Senior suit.

Very good choice
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Single beds weren't so comfortable compare with double bed

Really friendly staff, delicious breakfast, romantic and cosy atmosphere, good restaurants in this little town, close to the Keukenhof

Easy walk to Keukenhof Gardens
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Bedroom and bathroom rather cramped and 75cm single beds not acceptable for adults (especially my husband!) Steep stairs

Fabulous staff - very friendly and helpful Ideal location for visit to Keukenhof - an easy 10 min walk Good choice of restaurants nearby Nice breakfast

Very nice stay!
    • Economy Twin Room

Well located (short walk to Keukenhof), comfortable and nice staff. Excellent attention, I forgot something at the hotel and it was sent to my address according to the agreement. Very good value!!

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Great location and friendly staff make Hotel de Duif a find.
    • Economy Twin Room

I was a little surprised to be staying in a basement room, but it was quiet and remarkably comfortable. And for the price, still a bargain. Other rooms in the same hotel were upstairs, but more expensive.

The friendly, helpful staff and the location close to restaurants and to Keukenhof made it a wonderful place to stay. Staying in Lisse was charming, and felt more authentic than staying in Amsterdam and just doing an excursion to Keukenhof.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Not recommended
    • Economy Twin Room

Not clean toilet and toilet was tooooo small Rude staff with no hospitality Stairs too steep Pay for coffee Expensive breakfast with limited choices of food Water tasted not good in room No handwash and shampoos, only shower gel

Good location with nice restaurants around. Takes about 20 minutes by walk to keukenhof entrance.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Would not go back
    • Superior Family Room

Was very disappointed that there is no mention that this is not a disability accessible property. It is not mentioned in any of the provided information and was unsuitable for us. No elevator. We had to change rooms and were inappropriately reimbursed for the over payment of our room to a smaller room on the ground floor as negotiated rather than checking out after our first night. . 😠

Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

I would use this hotel again next time in the area.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Room/beds/bathroom small. Breakfast not very appetising, (crunchy croissants). Adjacent restaurant does not allow meals to be put on room and they do not accept credit cards.

Convenient location, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Cheapish but not very cheerfull
    • Economy Twin Room

Basement room no window very depressing and very noisy location. No kettle and shower sprays water all over the entire bathroom. No bath towel just two small hand towels ? ?

Reception ok

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Just ok!
    • Economy Twin Room

Not a big selection of Gins.. If you like your G&T.. go to Den Oude Heren.. 3 minute walk

Its fine.. Just like any hotel. Kind staff. Hotel bar open till late!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Nice hotel near Keukenhof
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Truly, the busstop is not next to Hotel. 10 mins walk. We were expecting to see the hotel from the busstop and did not understand that we should have jumped out of bus when google map showing +1 km to address. Ended up the last stop 4 kms away. Rooms are rather small.

Walking distance to Keukenhof. Bike rental. Clean, renovated rooms. Kind service desk. Wellworking wifi!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

It could use a few things to make it worth the money

The kitchen was poorly furnished. No trash can. Cups with no handles. No sugar. For the money the breakfast was skimpy. There were even feathers still stuck on the boiled eggs! GROSS!

Nice size room

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Disappointing, unfortunately.
    • Superior Family Room

The room was very tired, the furniture fabric was torn in several places or faded. The kitchen was very old had nothing in it and there wasn't even a kettle in the "suite" to make a hot drink. The rate did not reflect the condition of the room, it was not vacuumed in 4 days whilst we were there. We did complain and were offered a pack lunch to take with us but considering we paid >500EUR for 3 nights, I would have expected a clean room with modern facilities (not tape over plug sockets), a daily clean and breakfast to be included. Value for money this was not, shame as it could have been so much more in a great location with friendly staff.

The location was excellent and the actually room itself was practical for family being a room with bedroom upstairs and kitchenette downstairs (and a sofa but if used as a bed not practical for folding back through the day).

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

a nice surprise
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

the front desk lady was extremely helpful and friendly. She recommended an excellent restaurant Chefkes for dinner which was reasonably priced and close to the hotel. The hotel was a short walk to Keukenkof gardens which opened at 8 am. This allowed us to get there, enjoy the gardens free of people and get out before many of the bus tours arrived. The town has a nice shopping area.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The central location is excellent and the relaxed informal tone is welcoming.
    • Apartment

Kitchen could have been better equipped. More than one wine glass would have helped!

Reception staff warm and welcoming. Apartment spacious and overall location excellent.

room info indicated bathtub for jr suite.

room info indicated bathtub for jr suite. This is no longer the case. Very disappointing as that was the reason I booked this upgraded room. Management upgraded me to room that did have bathtub - Sr Suite. Second issue - booking.com rate was same amt per night - when arrive at hotel rate was 10 Euro more for second nite than first. No resolution as I did not have booking page that showed rate per night - just total booking amount. Shame on you Booking.com for not including detailed info on your confirmations

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Lovely hotel near Keukenhof
    • Comfort Triple Room

Parking was a bit troublesome and we were too scared to drive to the beach for fear of losing our spot!

Lovely location ten minutes walk from Keukenhof and the breakfast (11 euro) had a nice array of things to eat. Staff were all friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Toilet paper and soap were missing and were not provided even after we specifically asked for it. We found hair of the previous guests in the bed sheets. Housekeeping made the bed, but that was about it. They did not even vacuum or clean the ground or the bathroom. Quite a sad story considering the number of stars that this hotel has and the price we paid for it. We were rather disappointed.

The hotel was located centrally in Lisse and was close to Keukenhof flower exposition.

Good location for visiting Keukenhof as within walking distance.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Hotel only served breakfast. The 'cooked' breakfast consisted of boiled eggs, scrambled eggs and tiny bits of bacon. On Sunday there was NO cooked breakfast even though we had paid for this.

Staff helpful and friendly. Near to Keukenhof.

the staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Economy Twin Room

My room was in the basement and felt like a crypt. It was a bit dinghy. This wasn't a really cheap stay so it was disappointing that it was not better. The breakfast was not worth the 11 euro. The wifi connection was terrible, they said the problem was getting fixed soon.

the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Comfort bed and walking distance to keukenhof
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The shower gel was not there, tea bags, milk,sugar was not there, at the kitchen there was only 2 coffee capsules

Walking distance to keukenhof, stuff is very friendly. They have a giant bed with very soft mattress, soft pillows and so on, the decoration of the room is very nice, the room is very new.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Small, dutch and perfectly formed.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

the breakfast was a little hit and miss. It was not clear that they could make hot food if required

the friendliness of the reception staff and helpfulness. The location near to town resturants to try. the small bar in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Cheap, bit not nice. Book if you are after the cheapest and don't mind slumming it.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

But it was dirty (towels had previous guests dirt on them still) and was overall in a dingy bit of town.

Cheap hotel, would book again for the price. Transport links back to center were great, short metro ride a minute walk away.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Fine for the night
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Rooms, especially the bathrooms are dated. TIME FOR AN UPDATE!

Breakfast is fine and the staff is nice. The location is nice. In the centre of the town. Parking is no problem

Absolutely nothing
    • Economy Twin Room

Everything ... it was terrible I walked into my room and tripped over as it was so small I got into the bed . My rook was hidden I actually had to take a double look as I thought it was the toilet . They had no double beds so two single beds pushed together I was on the lower level with no windows .

Absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Value for these money leaves much to be desired
    • Comfort Triple Room

-Poor hairdryer (seee pics attached), which practically doesn't work -No air extraction in the bathroom -Room equipment looks quite depressing (see pics, judge by yourself) -Half of lights on the 2nd floor in the room didn't work -Problem with breakfast: Although we were promised a nice continental breakfast ([literally] with scrambled eggs and bacon, croissants and sweet pastry), when we came to the restaraunt in the morning we saw a few types of cheese, bread and drinks, nothing else. I came back to reception expressing my confusion - no eggs, no bacon, no pastry, no croissants. Lady at the reception came to the restaurant with me and asked people on the kitchen to cook croissants and scrambled eggs with bacon for us.

Double-deck room itself was quite impressive. Staff reacted on the trouble with breakfast Staff helped with documents printing

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

A very nice small but very neat place and excellent value for the money.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It doesn't have a left. But they have rooms at ground floors so no need to worry

I got what I paid for. It's in the heart of Lisse and I was in the middle of the shopping places. Great location from many nice restaurants. Rooms nice and warm. Bathroom is nice and clean. If you like quite place and to feel at home, this is the right place to stay.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Easy to find, friendly staff.
    • Economy Twin Room

Room was fitted out a bit strange and I think that I was unlucky to get a basement room - I felt a bit claustrophobic but that was probably more down to me, not the room!

Easy to find, friendly staff. Didn't really use any facilities as late check in and early check out so couldn't comment

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Friendly but shabby

We had to ask for everything we needed in the kitchen. Only clean towels and bins emptied in the room during our stay - the room was also in need of upgrading. Parking can be a problem and no lift.

The staff were friendly helpful and sorted out anything we asked for. The location was good in the centre of town but noisy on Friday night.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Ideal location.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Breakfast choice was slightly limited

Tim the relationship and barman was fantastic. He was really friendly, helpful, had a great sense of humour and made our stay a great experience.

Tim the receptionist / Manager was excellent, most...
    • Comfort Triple Room

This hotel was value for money so no negative comments.

Tim the receptionist / Manager was excellent, most helpful in advising on and booking restaurants and managing the bar.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Value for money
    • Comfort Triple Room

Must need a lift facility as we far a disabled friend who had to climb three flights of stairs not acceptable

reception was very good and helpful breakfast is good comfy beds value for money

Browse Hotel de Duif Lisse - Schiphol traveller photo gallery