View vacation packages to

5. Reviews of Emilie

Reviews of Emilie

Van Hoornbeekstraat 1, 2582 RA The Hague, Netherlands

#12 of 21 B&Bs and inns in The Hague

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: May 30, 2019

Beautiful Place
    • Large Double Room

Bathrooms are shared, however we didn’t have too mich of a problem with it.

The Location was amazing, in walkable distance to the beach, Sea Life, and shopping streets. The room was spacious and open, with space to put your bags in the closet. The view was beautiful, and I loved the traditional dutch housing.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2019

Spacious bright room
    • Standard King Room

The bathroom was a bit cold, but for thw rest ok

Big, spacious, light room in an old nice house. Very friendly hosts who give a lot of useful information.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2019

It was extremely disappointing , horrible and shocking
    • Large Double Room

-Emilie is not a hotel , it s a house where emilie who lives insides rents one or two rooms and collect tourist tax money for renting part of her apartment without even having the least sign on the door . I had an extremely frightening encounter ( me and my daughter ) with a body guard or a partner who lives with emilie and who burst in our room outrageously because we delayed our departure to 11:30 instead of 10:30 , and kept shouting at us and screaming and calling us names !!!!!!! My daughter had to take a sedative in the airport to ease her panic attack. - we had an extremely frightening experience on our second day of arrival as we were locked in the room( very old lock and no sign that it is not working ) and we could not get out for 45 minutes that we spent trying to . Emilie was not helpful and did not ask for external help except when I threatened to call the police !!! However , at the end my daughter managed to grease the lock with hand cream and the door opened ( but we failed to reach our conference on time ) . - there were no lights in the corridor so every time I went to the bathroom I stumbled because of darkness . My daughter refused to go to the bathroom unaccompanied as it was very dark for her . - I have a dog phobia and emilie did not mention on booking.com that she has 1 resident Labrador and one husky who stayed all day in her house which made me stay out of the house all day long until I m sure the dogs are asleep or have left !! - the furniture and specially the floor is extremely old and makes a horrible creeping sound every time I step on it ... it gave me a lot of headache and was very noisy and uncomfortable. - there is no escalator ( since it is a house not a hotel ) therefor we had to carry our two 20 kilos suitcases me and my daughter all over the very narrow stairs without help and we were to fall off the stairs many times during that process . ( not mentioned on the booking site )

Stayed in March 2019

• Reviewed: February 23, 2019

Fantastically well located for museums, bars and restaurants...

Fantastically well located for museums, bars and restaurants v nearby and 10 min tram into the city just a 2min walk away. Very comfortable giant beds. Emilie could not have been more helpful or charming. Oh yes and incredible value

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

Great location, furnishing and atmosphere of an old mansion,...
    • Standard King Room

It's written "Hotel" in the description but in fact it's a guesthouse. I realized it only when I arrived and because of that I didn't paid attention to the fact that the bathroom was shared.

Great location, furnishing and atmosphere of an old mansion, nice and helpful host, cute dogs:)

• Reviewed: February 13, 2019

Emilie's housing was very cozy!
    • Large Double Room

Emilie's housing was very cozy! It is located in the vicinity of the beach of Den Haag and a tram line to the central train station and the city of Delft.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Large room in classical The Hague house. Very good value for money.

Nothing for me.

Someone's private, beautiful home, large room high ceilings, 1st floor. The toilet and bathroom are probably shared, but I did not see anybody else using it at the time. Very atmospheric place. When you hate business hotels, this is a great option.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Would I stay here again? Absolutely.
    • Large Double Room

This "hotel" is what it is and once you come to terms with that it is, in my opinion, quite nice.

With this "hotel" you are renting rooms in a three-story house. The rooms are large and spacious. The two I saw contained a large double bed, a small table and chairs, a single lounge chair and a small wardrobe for clothing. The furniture is far from new but is well cared for and the rooms are clean and tidy. There are tea and coffee making facilities. Emilie, the owner, is very approachable and constantly on the lookout for ways to make her guests more comfortable. For example, while cleaning my room and changing my sheets one week, she must have noticed in my room the food that I collected. When I came back Emilie had put a dinner plate, side plate and a bowl, along with a knife, fork and spoon, on the table. And this was certainly not the only example of her hospitality during my one month stay. The Ritz Carlton it ain't but it does have its own eclectic charm that made me feel quite comfortable. Kind of like a home away from home. And the location is only a five minute walk from the main shopping area, but then nothing is very far away from anything else in Holland.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Very clean, very big comfortable room and bed.
    • Standard King Room

Bathroom and toilet have to be shared with one other room, although this is also noted on the website, so not a surprise. Toilet was a bit small, but everything was very clean.

Very clean, very big comfortable room and bed. Free coffee or tea and water in the room. Super friendly hosts.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Excellent accommodation in a classic Dutch house
    • Large Double Room

The accommodation is excellent, however, the room could have a fridge to store perishables in need of refrigeration (cheeses, hams, yogurts, juices) to make a brief breakfast. This would be my main recommendation for making the room excellent! Another point to consider would be to put an internet router on the 2nd floor of the residence to optimize the Wi-Fi signal in the rooms. These are tips to make Mrs Emilie's webhost better than it already is.

Thank you very much for the kindness of Mrs. Emilie. A very nice and friendly hostess. The hotel is very well located close to World Forun, Madurodam and The Hague beach. The room is very nice clean and spacious in a classic Dutch architectural style. Would recommend this hotel to everyone who are going to The Hague. The hotel is close to supermarkets and several restaurants within 200 meters.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Atmospheric, tastefully decorated, clean, peaceful, great hostess
    • Large Double Room

The house has an atmosphere of an old dutch house yet it is very clean and comfortable to stay in. It is tastefully decorated, peaceful and quiet. Made us feel at home rather than in a hotel. The room had a shared bathroom but there was no problem at all since the house had only a few rooms. The hostess Emilie is very warm and helpful.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Good for a brief stay.
    • Large Double Room

The guest house was as I expected. The only thing to be careful about is parking. You have to pay between 13.00 and 23.59 at €1.75 per hour. Machines are few and far between and to a non-Dutch speaker - confusing (I'm still not sure if I paid twice!!). Not the fault of the property but you need to know about it. I knew about the shared bathroom facilities but towelling robes are provided.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

very nice
    • Standard King Room

Many thanks to Emilie for her beautiful home. I have chosen a room with a shared shower wishing to save some money - but after staying in my amazing room in a family looking house where it was ok to share the bathroom - I have already recommended Emilie's place to my friends. Thank you, Emilie.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Nice and welcomed, but bit far!
    • Standard King Room

The location is tram distance from the central station, not walking distance! Don't forget to calculate the distance of the house before planning the trip. But otherwise, perfect to feel the real Den Haag atmosphere.

Super nice and clean bed&room, even big! Perfect for two people. And very kind lady welcoming us :) Tea and coffee is also prepared. Also, towel given. There are few supermarkets near the house and huge park.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

That’s a beatiful typical Dutch old house, very pleasant and comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

The phonic isolation was poor, I could hear my neighbours giggle and some person ranting in the morning about the house...

The landlady was nice. The room spacious and light.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Perfect base for exploring The Hague and its surroundings
    • Standard King Room

We really enjoyed our stay at Emilie's. Very friendly reception by the host. After our flight was cancelled we had to go by train and she stayed up 'til after midnight to welcome us. Located approx. halfway between the Sea and Den Haag Center, both are within walking distance. You don't (want to) walk? The tram station is only 1 minute away. The room was quite spacious and has tea/coffee making facilities, free WiFi, a shared bathroom/shower, and no TV - which we didn't miss.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

The room, the property and the calm surroundings are nice.
    • Large Double Room

I would have liked to tell Emilie to get more light and fresh air in, but the time ran quickly when I spoke to her. By leaving my room window and the toilet door open, I had the fres air needed and she opened the bathroom window also after a few days. I recommend she lets it open as much as possible.

The room, the property and the calm surroundings are nice.... It is a private house and Emilie is kind.The taxes,3€/night are a surprise, not mentioned in the site but affordable. There is WIFI and possibility to make coffee. The toilet is a challenge and pure joy to make this ancien thing work finally.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Make the renovation of the apartment! And change the bed to two!
    • Large Double Room

Very old room. Few plugs. Bad light. Very cold in autumn. They sell room "with two separate beds", but really they have one big bad... It is not good, when you are traveling with friends.

Good balcony.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

A good value for money

All was good!

Was very clean and cozy! Quite neighborhood with street parking. I had a very good night sleep, the bed was excellent.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2019

It was a very pleasant stay with easy check in and the host was very attentive with amenities
    • Standard King Room

The house was a true old Dutch house with the window panels dating back to the 1900s

Stayed in April 2019

• Reviewed: April 3, 2019

Nice place in beautiful and calm location of Hague.
    • Large Double Room

Nice place in beautiful and calm location of Hague..

Stayed in April 2019

• Reviewed: January 31, 2019

Perfect

Calm

• Reviewed: January 27, 2019

Great people, great hotel!

Excellent place to spend a weekend! Lovely people, comfortable, beautiful place and gorgeous dogs 😁 Definitely recommended!!

• Reviewed: January 26, 2019

Very nice old style Dutch house, comfortable and very nice...
    • Large Double Room

Very nice old style Dutch house, comfortable and very nice owner.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Nice for a short stay
    • Large Double Room

Bathroom is not really modern but suits with the character of the house though.

Comfortable bed, big and cosy room, location

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

The building is great, very charming.
    • Standard King Room

The building is great, very charming. The owner is very friendly, open and honest.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Location is great

Accommodation is room only

Location is great

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Great place!
    • Large Double Room

Dogs are amazing and everything in house wonderful!

Amazing place and host! Will visit again absolutely!

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Very comfortable bed.

No comments

Very comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

If you go to world forum, Location is very well.
    • Large Double Room

Wifi connection is not good.

If you go to world forum, Location is very well. Confortable place. Good Hospitality, thanks for umbrella and coffee.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Good space in the room.
    • Large Double Room

Ceiling light in the bath room was broke so only one light on the wall and it’s a bit weak and dark.

Good space in the room. Clean and comfy

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

A nice home stay

No TV

We enjoyed conversation with the owner. She was very helpful. It was a home stay so we were able to see a typical (old) Dutch house.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Friendly, helpful owner.
    • Standard King Room

Friendly, helpful owner. Perfect location for the international district.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

5.5
    This is not a hotel but a private home where a few rooms are...
    • Standard King Room

This is not a hotel but a private home where a few rooms are being let. It is difficult to find as the house has no sign.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Ms Emilie is very kind and helpful.
    • Large Double Room

Ms Emilie is very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Like home

Like home

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

• Large Double Room

Lovely Lady Mrs. Emilie.... peaceful, quite place ... I enjoyed my stay...

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Friendly and smiling host, clean place, comfortable bed, and...
    • Standard King Room

Friendly and smiling host, clean place, comfortable bed, and very quiet neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

I give you 10 stars.
    • Large Double Room

I give you 10 stars. It was one of the greatest places where I have stayed ever!

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Worth the tram trip
    • Large Double Room

Perfect location, staff and lovely dog

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Emilie is a very welcoming host, and did everything...
    • Standard King Room

Emilie is a very welcoming host, and did everything that's was possible to accommodate me. The room was huge, I felt like a princess !

• Reviewed: February 8, 2018

Big room, big bed, clean.

No tv in the room

Big room, big bed, clean. Shared bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

Emily is a wonderful person!
    • Standard King Room

Emily is a wonderful person! Would love to stay with her and her dog shoko!

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

The host is really friendly and helpful.
    • Standard King Room

The host is really friendly and helpful. Many thanks!

• Reviewed: December 25, 2017

The lady was soooooo kind and polite and the place was great!
    • Standard King Room

The lady was soooooo kind and polite and the place was great!!! You just gotta love the Dutch people :)))

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

it was very cold in a house.
    • Large Double Room

it was very cold in a house. And shower enclosure was broken.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

location proximity to World Congress
    • Large Double Room

bottled water in the room

location proximity to World Congress

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

Very comfortable, pretty and nicely located place.
    • Large Double Room

Very comfortable, pretty and nicely located place. Walking distance from the sea, convenience stores and tram stop nearby

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

Budget-friendly, quiet and comfortable but nothing fancy
    • Standard King Room

Slightly dirty bathroom, slightly noisy lodgers upstairs, house situated far from town centre.

Lovely old house, quiet neighbourhood, friendly host.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Good accomodation for price and Emilie was very friendly and welcoming.

Convenience and price.

There are also 25 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

We Price Match