Reviews of Hotel Emma 3 stars

Nieuwe Binnenweg 6, 3015 BA Rotterdam, Netherlands

#12 of 61 hotels in Rotterdam

Based on 1924 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Good place to stay for one or two nights in Rotterdam.
    • Quadruple Room

Water from shower was flowing out the sink extremely slow which made taking a shower almost impossible - this did not change for two more days after complaining. Depending on weather and mood of the crowd there can be quite some noise from pubs across the street.

Great location, very central. Nice staff. Large room. Restaurants and pubs nearby.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

The environment was good and location closed to the...

The sensor in the washroom kept turning the light off in very short time. We had to wave our hand when taking the shower. This was very annoying.

The environment was good and location closed to the Rotterdam central station.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Nice hotel with friendly staff.

Noise in the street. Light that switches off in the bathroom when you don't move. Too far away for parking

Nice hotel with friendly staff. Nice room en good bed

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

This was my second stay at this hotel.
    • Budget Single Room

This was my second stay at this hotel. The hotel is located close to the central railway station ( two stops on a number 4 or 7 tram) and several restaurants are a few mins walk away. The breakfast selection is varied.

We loved Rotterdam
    • Standard Twin Room

For light sleepers we recommend ear plugs due to the lively street neighbourhood.

Good location for walking to Rotterdam centre. Close to public transport and a few bars.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The is hotel operator should not be in a service business. Rude and arrogant. Do not stay here!!
    • Standard Twin Room

The check out experinece was horrific. Booked on bookings.com for my student son for short tm accom. Provded my card deatils which had the usual hold details. On booking made it aware that I was paying for the accomadation on my card. At no time was I asked to fill our a signed authorisation form until my son was at check out. I got a call demanding that I sign the authoriastion before he would let my son leave the building. I was in meeting in another country without scanner or printer. In the end we made a quick transfer on Transferwise. Rude, Judgemental and Arrogant!!!

Excellent location, staff and service. Highly recommended.
    • Standard Twin Room

Cannot think of anything that I didn’t like about the hotel.

The bed in my room was one of the best and most comfortable that I have used in hotels across the world. 👍🏻💤 All the staff, including the receptionists restaurant staff and the room maids were, were very helpful and curteous.

Over all very good
    • Quadruple Room

Breakfast not so good but would stay again

Breakfast could have more choice there was not much left when we went in at 10 and the you service till 10/30

Fantastic fantastic a little noisy but that didn't worry us

Nothing everything was great

Everything best nights sleep in months food was very good we just couldn't fault our stay tried to book another night but fully booked

Happy stay in Hotel Emma!
    • Standard Twin Room

We had a lovely stay at Hotel Emma. Although the hotel has no airco, the ceiling fan and portable fan did the job very nicely. Our room 32 was large and light, nicely furnished and clean. Great bed! Breakfast around 8 am was great. Rolls, croissants, gluten-free bread, cereal bread etc, spoiled for choice. Large selection of everything. Parking for an additional 15 euro’s a day at the hotel was my choice but you can also park in the parking garages dotted around the hotel. The traffic around Rotterdam is mind blowing so I was happy to use the hotel’s parking permit. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Great place in centre of Rotterdam.

The hotel is situated within a 10-minute walk from the...

The hotel is situated within a 10-minute walk from the Central Station. It’s a perfect location, right in the middle of the city. The Superior room was clean and spacious, with big windows, and had a super comfortable big bed and a bathtub. I would never think that such a nice place would be ranked as just a three-star hotel.

Would recommend

The overal price for the room felt a bit high for the actual place and facilities.

Breakfast was good, enjoyed the food. Staff very friendly and highly helpful. The location itself is in Rotterdam centre,15mins from Central Station, makingg it conveniently suruonded by shops, restaurants, bars, cafes in a walking distance.

breakfast was great.
    • Standard Twin Room

towels and sheets were clean but looked dated and dirty. we asked for a crib and it was approved. when we arrived at midnight, the crib wasn’t there and the night guard had to find it and bring it which took almost an hour (which was a pack&play with no mattress) the bed was 2 small beds pushed together, it kept seperating during the night, wasn’t comfortable.

breakfast was great. location was great.

Rotterdam is amazing. Make your own experience.
    • Standard Twin Room

A little bit loud, but noise cancelling windows. So I could not let the windiw open during the night.

A small owner operated hotel. Central located, metro and tram stations a few steps away. Alos a few steps to the museum park. Noise cancelling windows as I think.

The location of the hotel is fine.

The toilet is not thoroughly clean. In summer time, the problem of the mosquito may be a issue during the sleep, since there is no air conditioner, just the fan is available. When you have to open the window during the night, your sleep may be disturbed by the small insects.

The location of the hotel is fine. Breakfast is good and the reception, especially the owner, is quite friendly and helpful. There are some beautifully designed corners in the hotel.

Location and breakfast
    • Standard Twin Room

The room saw very noisy, we couldn't sleep. We ordered 7 months in advanced and ask to get high floor room, but they put us on the first floor just above the street. manager was very unpleasant when we asked for help. Don't go there if you want to sleep.

Location and breakfast

Correct hotel at central location
    • Standard Twin Room

Cleanness can improve. Room was warm but they provide fans. TV wasn’t working well.

Location is very good- at walking distance from the station and the city centre. Room was big. Staff friendly. Breakfast correct (but don’t go too late or there won’t be food left). Wifi is good. All floors are accessible by lift.

Nice location, but there are better choices with the same money
    • Standard Twin Room

Very small common areas, bad policy regarding check out (you shoot leave at 11am the latest, and there is an extra charge of 15 euros even for an extra hour - its a shame).

Good location (closed to central station and city center), clean and comfortable room

Perfect location and good value
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing, it was just fine

Excellent central location. Good clean hotel, nothing flash but perfect for a w/e away. Very friendly staff and a decent breakfast. Yes the bar opposite can be noisy but get yourself over there and be one of them! That said, the double glazing is very efficient in cutting any noise down to quiet background noise and there is a fan for if it gets warm

Each euro is very well spent here.

Street is quite noisy.

10 minutes walk to Central Station. Right at the entrance of pedestrian shopping area. Nice bed. Good breakfast. Honest prices for all extras!

Short but enjoyable
    • Standard Twin Room

One of the nights was a bit noisy, there seemed to be a celebration across the road but I cannot really fault the hotel for that,

I loved the location of the hotel, excellent room clean and comfortable and staff friendly and helpful, could not do enough for you. Would recommend it to any one who wants to spent time in Rotterdam

Convenient, clean and decorated with a style
    • Standard Twin Room

The spoons in the room were not replaced for a clean ones after previous guest.

Ceiling fan instead of standard air conditioning was great. I prefer this over an air con.

The hotel is facing a busy street , I was there in a Friday...
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel is facing a busy street , I was there in a Friday night and people are partying downstairs till 2am. There is no air cond in the room and if I open the windows, it would be too noisy to sleep.

Great location to be based to explore the city.
    • Quadruple Room

It’s a bit noisy from the street noise/traffic.

The family room was perfect for us (2adults and 2children ages 2 and 6) with the interconnecting rooms and tv in each! We were glad to have the fridge and kettle etc too.

A fantastic hotel in a great location.

There was nothing to not like!

A fantastic hotel in a great location. The staff were incredibly friendly and obliging, the rooms were top notch and the breakfast spot on. Would definitely recommend.

Bed was confortable, bathroom clean and correct .
    • Standard Twin Room

The parking place behind the building is quite narrow , and you need assistance to park your car

Bed was confortable, bathroom clean and correct . we had a room on the third floor, so happily we didn't have much street noise . The hotel is located in the city center , so we could reach most attractions very easily.

Hotel is situated right in the center.
    • Standard Twin Room

There are bars on the other side of the hotel and it was too noisy at night. Notwithstanding the fact that we slept with closed window we heard the noise. Parking is rather expensive. And the price for the hotel is expensive too.

Hotel is situated right in the center. There is metro and tram station near the hotel. Very tasty and various breakfast. The room is rather small but there is everything you need-safe box, TV, kettle, tea, coffee. Very convenient beds. The parking costs 15€. Good Wi-fi.

Good Hotel for short stay at affordable rate in the center of Rotterdam
    • Standard Twin Room

bathroom a bit outdated. matraces too soft and the 2 beds moving away from each other.

good location not far from mainstation. walking distance to almost everything. friendly staff. good breakfast for a small hotel.

Great hotel! I'll be pleased to come back there next time in Rotterdam.

In the three person suite double bed was just a combination of two single beds. In addition they were too light and easily moved one out of other. This was a slightly uncomfortable being afraid of drop in between them in some moment at the middle of the night. But hopefully this wasn't happened :)

Friendly stuff and great breakfast! Localization is just perfect for leisure visiting the city.

Thank you for a very nice stay!
    • Standard Twin Room

Parking in the hotel lot was a bit tricky but the fact Luigi actually helped us back our car out was very unexpected and much appreciated!

Renart was wonderfully helpful and respectful!

I was going to rate a stronger, but, at check out I changed...
    • Quadruple Room

I was going to rate a stronger, but, at check out I changed my mind to the opposite. Avoid this place! A customer expect only a few basic things; feeling welcome, being recognized as a customer, and treated with respect. The room was fine in relation to the price, ( ie, nothing spectaculor and with cheap decor/interior which was expected), but, the manors from the owner was not...hence the 1. At check-in, I asked where to park and was presented with a parking permit that I could leave in the windshield and told to use the hotels Street parking outside (two spaced available), but, there was never a mention about any cost/price for this. At check-out I asked why the requested charge was higher than my reservation on Booking.com, and was told ”did you not read what you signed?”, upon my answer was, yes, but I must have ovelooked the very small fine print at the bottom where it said ”parking not included”, but, pointed out that even if I had, there was no mention about ”how much”.. So, to sum it up, according to Hotel Emma, it is the full responsibility of the customer to ask about price for parking because of course it was not free, and to always read what you sign... all Said very arrogant. I do not have issues paying for parking, I just personally think it should have been communicated before so the customer have a choice, not presented afterwards. But, the core of the rating is really the poor manours from the owner and his rude attidude towards a polite eligble question. So, choose somewhere else for your stay in Rotterdam as there must be several other places where the customer is not questioned with arrogance, but rather welcomed and appreciated.

Rotterdam is a top city to visit. I'll come back but think twice about the location of my hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

The acoustic from the street

The location is excellent but can also be noisy some nights - it's a busy street with a bar just in front of the hotel.

Great location Big and Clean room Good breakfast
    • Quadruple Room

Room on first floor a bit noisy. We can here everything from street. But other than this we had an awesome trip here.

Location is perfect right in front of metro and tram station. Only 2 stops from central station. Many resturants in hotel area with good price. All staff are great. Room for 4 person is huge and convenient, suitable for both family and friend. I would recommend everyone to book a room here for their trip. Breakfast also great.

Very close to centre and central station
    • Standard Twin Room

The only problem is the noise from the street. You need earplugs as the metro is so close to the property

Very close to centre and central station The room is simply furnished and comfortable. The stuff is really helpful. I really liked it.

We had a two room suite that worked very well for our family.
    • Quadruple Room

We had a two room suite that worked very well for our family. We also like the ceiling fans in the room. The owner provided us with a recommendation for dinner that was fantastic!

Excellent location, nice room, great breakfast.

Nothing really.

Good sized room (3rd floor) - large window overlooking street corner. Buffet breakfast was very good - cereals, cold meat/cheeses, bacon & eggs, lovely bread, fresh fruit, yogurt.

Exceeded our expectations - Highly recommended
    • Standard Twin Room

Because it's in the city center it gets a bit noisy from the street. Please ask for a room in a higher floor if possible

Emma hotel exceeded our expectations. We were there for the Marathon, and they offered us to take a bath and change clothes after the run. How thoughtful of them! The location is fantastic, the room and bed very comfortable and the breakfast satisfactory.

Even with the disappointing beds The Emma is such a nice hotel I would return.
    • Standard Twin Room

I so liked Emma Hotel that am disappointed the beds were too soft. It sometimes gave me back pain. The sleeping surface is a topper and can move if the sleeper is restless.

Ample selection at breakfast. Nice choices Pleasing design in the decor of the public spaces and efficiency of the room. Especially liked the automatic illumination in the bathroom - great for nighttime visits. Staff consistently friendly and helpful -from reception to maids always smiles. Hotel location so good we could walk everywhere.

Perfect stay in Rotterdam

Would be perfect if there are laundry facilities

The room is sparkling clean and spacious. Very nice and welcoming staff. Perfect location with walking distance to major attractions in Rotterdam. Highly recommended!

I recommand the stay
    • Standard Twin Room

The cost of the public parking is very expensive but not under the influence of the hotel but the city major

Very nice person a the front desk. Very helpful

Staff were super helpful, letting us store our bags at...

Staff were super helpful, letting us store our bags at receptions whilst we went out to do our sightseeing, and kept our bags again after we'd checked out so we didn't have to carry them round before our departure. All staff were friendly and ready to help in any way. Room was lovely and the massive comfy bed was superb after a day of walking round. Met my ask of some birthday decorations in the room. Definitely recommend and would return if returning to Rotterdam. Thanks for a lovely stay!

Bring your earplugs.
    • Standard Twin Room

Way too noisy and it's in a popular area for partying. You don't get any sleep.

The concierge told us they have a total of3 rooms that don't get street noise all night long. They have earplugs but don't offer them. It's a really convenient location.and excellent breakfast.

Love this place and can't wait to return.
    • Budget Single Room

It's odd that the bathroom light doesn't turn off so you have to close the door so the light doesn't leak out. I would suggest adding cushions or pillows to the nice new blue sofas in the lounge area, just for coziness.

This is a great place with 4 star rooms for a 3 star price. It's all about the details, and things like the extra fluffy towels, the lighting, the heater in the bathroom, a mini fridge, extra towels already in the room and snacks and wine at the front desk make this a truly great place to stay. The staff are so very nice and helpful.

Great experience!
    • Standard Twin Room

I could hear construction noise from the street, to my surprise also at night. However, it wasn't extremely loud so it didn't really disturb my sleep. The bathroom could be a bit bigger since there isn't enough space to store your cosmetics etc. but it's a detail.

The room was very spacious and cozy, furnished in a really nice style. The lighting was very relaxing. The staff was super nice and welcoming. Breakfast was decent as for such a small hotel, there was a little bit of everything to choose from. Location is just great - walking distance from Centraal station, right in front of tram stops, close to restaurants and shopping streets. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay!

the floor in the room had tiles and there were no slippers.
    • Budget Single Room

the floor in the room had tiles and there were no slippers. its ok if you like to walk in shoes, but for an oriental person that takes the shoes off indoor it was too cold to walk on the tiles.

Good location in a very nice hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Could get noisy from the outside (there are a few bars across the street), but that wouldn't keep me from returning.

Nice breakfast, very kind staff, spacious rooms (not usual in big cities), great location for all the city explorations.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Cozy hotel

The weather ;-)

Very ggod position. Close to the station. Quite. Very good restaurant within 300 m (Bierhandel de Pijp). Small and cozy hotel with comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Perfect location and great staff
    • Budget Single Room

The location is perfect, you can visit the main attractions on foot. The hotel is very close to the central station too, two stops from it by tram. The staff is very helpful and kind. The wifi connection was excellent and the bedroom was I expected (like the photos published by the hotel).

Breakfast was really good and diverse, maybe some fruits...
    • Standard Twin Room

Bed was comfortable but if you move a bit too much, the matress gets off the structure and that gets annoying, perhaps they could "scratch" it so it doesn't wooble around.

Breakfast was really good and diverse, maybe some fruits would be nice.

4-star quality at a 3-star price.
    • Budget Single Room

Not a thing. Ok maybe the weather.

I love love love this hotel. It was my first time there and they got everything right. I would say the rooms are 4-star, not 3-star. First thing I noticed was the lighting. For this price, the lighting is usually much more utilitarian; here it was inviting. Then I noticed there was a fridge, bonus! Love being able to store leftovers or drinks. Next was the shower, which worked perfectly without leaking. Then - the towels! Much softer than you usually get in this level of room. Both the bathroom and the room had a heater so I never felt cold. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Have already booked my next stay.

Excellent hotel Intercontinental quality at fraction of price. Privately owned - I will stay again
    • Budget Single Room

Super hotel. Reminded me of an InterContinental. Very helpful staff. Privately owned they give an unfaultable service. Breakfast was excellent - both English and continental. I was upgraded to a double but I looked at the singles as well to give a fuller review. Both are excellent. Value for money - very good

The flexibility and the attention to details of the crew was...
    • Standard Twin Room

Bit noisy due to the streed

The flexibility and the attention to details of the crew was really appreciated, we will for sure repeat. The place is perfectly located for shopping.

Perfect location, right in the middle of the city between...
    • Standard Twin Room

Perfect location, right in the middle of the city between the two major train stations. Easy to get to, and really great coffee right around the corner. The room was basic and had everything we needed for a good price, as with the breakfast.

Nice enough for central Rotterdam
    • Standard Twin Room

I was expecting a bit more of a "boutiquey" ambience and experience. As such, I was rather disappointed on getting to the hotel to pretty much standard business hotel settings, amenities and rooms.

Nice location, good sized rooms, helpful staff.

Awesome stay in a great hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

The bar across the street was loud, but that is not the hotels problem

Perfect hotel for a stay in Rotterdam! Everything was great, we requested a room on a high floor with good view and received exactly what we expected. The rooms are spacious and bright, very clean - thank you housekeeping, doing a great job! The guys at the reception are very friendly and charming, they were very helpful. Breakfast was also jummy, especially the eggs and bacon. And last but not least, the smokers balcony on the highest floor, greatest alternative for a non-smoking hotel!!

Good place but small room
    • Budget Single Room

Tiny room. 3rd time to stay but never had a room as small in the hotel. Noisy juice maker in the breakfast room annoyed me personally.

Central location, easy to get to. Friendly staff.

Satisfactory, and would recommend to others
    • Standard Twin Room

The information provided by the hotel staff (the owner himself, actually) could have been better. It seems he didn't know much information for tourists (e.g. places to get souvenirs, hop-on hop-off bus). It so happened that he manned the front desk most of the time during my 3-night stay.

Would be happy to stay at this hotel again.
    • Standard Twin Room

Great location close to the centre of the city, the railway station, restaurants and many attractions. Friendly people at the front desk and good selection of foods for breakfast.

Confortable hôtel
    • Standard Twin Room

Could be a little bit noisy with the bars on the other side of the street

Good location in the city Room was clean, confortable and modern The breakfast is good

Nice, good and comfortable
    • Budget Single Room

The hospitality of the owner. He even put my car in the parking place. Very polite. Excellent location in the center of the city close to all the shops. Everything is in walking distance. The bed was good Very good breakfast.

very nice and comfortable!

all ok

Nice room, very quiet even when facing the street. Very clean! Friendly people at the front desk. Location is perfect, close to everything! I would come back!

Reasonably close to the main railway station, 10mins walk or...
    • Budget Single Room

Reasonably close to the main railway station, 10mins walk or 2 stops on a tram. Quiet area with a reasonable amount of places to eat / drink. A reasonable amount on offer for breakfast. Friendly staff at check in and a quick and easy process to check in / out.

I don't recommend this ugly place
    • Standard Twin Room

I don't recommend this hotel; so noisy from the street and from inside the hotel; the phone in room was out of order; the lift is so old and many time was broke down so it was dangerous; the breakfast hall so small and noisy and many time it became full and you couldn't find space, the old man who stay at reciption was roud and proud and has a bad behavior, it was a bad experience in this bad small hotel and I will never ever repeat booking at the same place, there were many choices better with better price and services 👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽

Best avoided

The room was tired looking, the bathroom was even older. The towels smelt of rust, there was load roadworks right outside till very late.

Not much, it was pretty poor compared to others in the area.

=)
    • Standard Twin Room

Just the bar across the street (in front of my room) was noisy, but nothing terrible.

Cozy reception. Nice people (you see they re happy doing their job) very clean rooms, toilet, bathroom.

An excellent value for money hotel right in the center.
    • Standard Twin Room

Point of improvement if possible: At night the room got colder and we could ear some noise coming from the street.

An excellent value for money hotel right in the center. Very friendly staff and the room had space and was clean. Also very close to the Central Station; just a few minutes walk. Great choice for someone who wants to stay for a long weekend.

highly recommendation!!!

Everything was impeccable.

Eexcellent location, excellent lunch, staff was supper helpful, walking distance to the metro center station and to many attractions also the train regular transportation train is just around the corner.

A comfortable bed in a centrally located hotel

No comments

The hotel is conveniently located in the centre of Rotterdam, about 10 minutes from the Central railway station. The bed is comfortable, the shower hot and the breakfast was plentiful.

Great location for a family wanting to explore Rotterdam
    • Quadruple Room

Hotel is on a busy intersection, with a tram line. Inevitably this could mean some noise, but actually with windows shut it is minimal/almost non-existent. The only noise, on the Friday night in particular, was the occasional late night 'whoop' from the bars down the road. That wouldn't put us off re-booking though.

Family room was effectively 2 rooms - great for both the parents and children, as it meant lots of space. Reception staff were very welcoming and informative - 3 different guys all very helpful. Location is quite central, so a good base for exploring in all directions. Breakfast was good too - plenty of choice.

Great service, breakfast,very clean, - would stay again

Everything was great

Great service and very clean throughout the hotel not just our room. You can definitely tell the owner is still involved in the day to day affairs for the hotel. Good breakfast options: several types of bread (incl croissants) cheese, cold cuts, cereal/muesli, spreads/Marmelade, eggs, bacon, veggies,tea. coffee was pretty good. Rooftop balcony, good amenities in room, everything was pretty new. Perk: on the nightstand table you have USB port, and don't need a plug adapter.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Decent accomodation, good value
    • Standard Twin Room

If you are there on a summertime weekend, be prepared for noise from the restaurants across the street. If you close the window, it does reduce the noise, but if your are sensitive, it might be a problem.

It is centrally located and close to everything. The breakfast was quite good. Staff were exceptionally helpful with details about the city.

It was a fantastic weekend
    • Quadruple Room

Matrimonial bedroom supposed to have a queen bed size, but anyway was a comfy bed

The location is fabulous. The view from apartment was impressive with view towards square and Santa Claus's statue. The receptionist was really interested to help us with parking even after our check-out

as Johan Cruyff said: "every advantage has a disadvantage"
    • Standard Twin Room

The disadvantage of the location is that it stays noisy on the street for a long time during the night. Besides that the hotel has only rooms on the street side. Parking is not in the street itself, the entrance of the parking is in another street and very narrow. I parked in a parking garage close by.

Location of the hotel is perfect: it's in the centre.

Will happily use this hotel again if I return to Rotterdam
    • Budget Single Room

There was nothing for me to complain about.

Hotel has central location and was only a short walk from the Central Station, but the room was still quiet at night. Everything was clean and there was a decent choice at the breakfast buffet with a few hot items available.

Service terribly rude
    • Budget Single Room

Wouldn't expect such a terrible/rude service from this hotel. Boy behind the desk couldn't care less about customers, check-in was awkward making you feel uncomfortable/ unappreciated

Location and room good