Reviews of Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant ‘s-Hertogenbosch 4 stars

Burg. Burgerslaan 50, 5245 NH Den Bosch, Netherlands

#17 of 19 hotels in Den Bosch

Hotel blocked money from my bank account one day before my arrival, it was much more money (150 Eur more than reservation). Some days I had no these money available. After some days was everything ok. They told me they do that always, but I did not meet anybody with the same experience...

Very good breakfast, nice and clean room, very comfortable double bed.

The house keeping services were really bad. Our room was done for 2 days in a row and when it was done after repeated reminders it was just a formality and sheets were not changed. Air conditioners were not working. House keeping staff was very rude to front office staff in front of us when they were asked to clean the room again and change the sheets

Taking the fee plus security deposit from my bank then when we booked out they tried to get money another 5 times forcing the bank to suspend my account

Nice bar and restaurant area but very expensive nice room with tv

- Pillows were approximately cubic, making it completely impossible to sleep on them. Ended up suffering from neck pain in 2 nights, after having tried to sleep with or without one. After having asked the reception to get a normally-shaped one, almost as a mockery the one they gave me was worse than the previous. - On the day of a very important work meeting, heavy machineries for renovation of the hotel parking started working at 6.40 AM Simply unacceptable. - Beds were extremely soft and bouncy After having expressed my concerns, no compensation was given or anything past a vague excuse. I will make sure to advertise my experience enough.

- Breakfast was not bad

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

There was a pick up outside of dirty laundry at 6am in the morning (trolleys being rolled to and from the lorry) - this woke me up and then at 7am, the cleaner getting her trolley from the room next door, again waking me up.

The hotel was fine - bed was comfortable, and with a good shower. The room was a good size - it was a shame though they didn't put in a small sofa to make it more comfortable

I made a reservation for me and my family. On the booking.com site I could choose a room in which a baby bed was for free. But when arrived at the hotel this information seemed not to be right. We had to make extra costs because we had to move to another room and we had to pay for the babybed. This was a big surprise for us. We felt like we were fooled up. There was also a restauration in front of the hotel. No good view. Also no place to park an electrical car to load.

It was quite, I couls sleep well. Because of the wrong information we could get the babybed for free as was told on booking.com

That I was contacted prior to my visit and offered complimentary drinks on arrival but not given any as I didn't have a confirmation email from the hotel about booking dinner, breakfast and complimentary drinks. The Hotel exterior was being rebuilt with an extended car park but we were not informed prior to arrival, and I have assumed this was the reason for the free drinks which we were refused. I asked the receptionist about this but her only response was that as I had no confirmation, even though I showed her the email they sent me, therefore she would do nothing. Very poor customer service in my opinion....

The hotel is clean, quiet and comfortable, the food very good.

- Staff at the bar was very rude. Completely disrespectful even though when they were wrong. People at reception understood and accepted the mistake of the staff at the bar. - Distance from city center

Reception staff Amenities in the room Cleanliness

Expensive for what you get because of conventian. For this price at least breakfast should be included. Noise of mcDonalds situated next to the hotel.

Ok room for two, nothing special. Close to the highway.

The hotel said minibar and there was not one so we could not do our own brekky like we prefer. The restaurant food was bad so we only ate there once. We travelled elsewhere for the other nights. The staff did not seem to care that there should have been a minibar or that the meals where not good.

Parking was free and easy.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

There was confusion over our evening meal order & we ended up paying for an extra portion of potatoes. No signage from main road to the hotel (our sat. nav. didn't help on this either !). Fortunately, my wife noticed a sign for the neighbouring MacDonalds - if they can provide signage, why can't a large hotel like this ?

Good size room. Proximity to Den Bosch

It was too warm inside the room, ventilation does not work. Have received no appologies for it. Service was poor. Unfriendly staff at the reception. Unfortunately there is no other option in the area.

There is more than enough parking place. Breakfast is good.

Extremely noisy. Very busy road outside resulting in constant noise day and night. Small dark and stuffy rooms. Tiny bathroom which smelled due to lack of ventilation. Air conditioning did not work properly and did not blow cold air. Windows couldn't be left open due to noise. Really awful experience especially with two children!

Good food in the restaurant really good but very expensive!

The waiting staff on the evening shift was inefficient and not helpful as we were in a hurry to order and take our dinner before a show.

The front desk last was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

see above

No water bottles in garden or available at hotel desk after 10pm. Bad parking with no guard, next to busy McDonalds on the highway. Staff rather unkind.

The staff went out of their way to please in the restaurant - even to the extent of making pancakes on the second day when pancakes were not a part of the breakfast menu!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

We were a bit disappointed with the size of the room, but that was only a small inconvenience.

The staff was warm and helpful, felt very welcome. Also, I very much appreciated the celebratory feel given to the room, as my fiancee and I were celebrating our anniversary and mentioned that during the making of the reservation. We asked for our breakfast to be brought to the room and I must say I was impressed with the service. We've also deeply appreciated the fact that behind the hotel, a lake and small forest made our stay even more pleasant.

The room was too cold, no minibar or fridge in the room. No shampoo, conditioner, any toiletries except soap.

The breakfast is great and the WiFi is strong and stabile.

Coffee capsules were not replaced after the first night. You have to buy them at reception.It came as surprise,nobody mentioned it when I checked in. I also didn't like the spiderwebs hanging from sealing next to my bed.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The toilet wasn't really cleaned when we arrived. We had an issue with the sink and we had to fix it ourself even though we talked with the guy at the reception.

The bed was amazing!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Some Staff members were not really helpful and available, especially at the restaurant and bar. Breakfast of low quality compared to other similar places. Bathroom style not the best

Quite lively enviornment, bar and restaurant. Genearlly nicely looking hotel with adequate services available

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

I secured my booking by card (so the hotel held my payment on my card) but after using the same card to check out, the payment was taken but the other payment was still held. Its now 10 days later and I have called the hotel every day, they promised to email a scan of the payment, every day, showing it is released but I still have never received the email and the payment is still held by the bank. My bank says its down to the hotel. This is hurtful just 1 week before Christmas as I cant get to my money and the hotel dont seem to care.

The hotel is great, but the food & drink is rather expensive. It was a taxi ride into Dem Bosch which also works out expensive to go out in the evenings.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access

The room is not very clean and not good maintained. I found plastic bag inside the kettle. and for 3 nights the heater not working until I complained again...

staff are good service and nice.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

1- no internet at all in this hotel and this hotel should be business hotel without internet sooo bad 11 nights without internet for business trip i had to pay a lot to use internet from my Mobil phone 2- no mini bar inside the rooms 3- hotel location so far from market or super market

food very good there but also expensive compare to amount and quality

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Very poor or no internet connection. Poor room lighting, not suitable for evening work. The same boring breakfast every single day. They are usually short on irons. Soft mattress that was bad for my back. I requested a hard mattress upfront but they could not provide one. The restaurant offered us only two options for dinner at 9 PM. I would only book it again if nothing else available in the area.

Clean. You can rent a bicycle or you can run around the adjacent lake.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Triple Room with Bath

water supplied in the room would be brilliant breakfast needs replenishing more quickly- lots of dishes empty and a long wait for re fills at busy times air con not working so very hot a couple of nights lighting not very good-

comfy beds, lots of hot water and free wifi staff always friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

The room was too dark. Bad lighting and no dressing mirror in the room. (Was attending a wedding. These two things would have made my stay more comfortable.) Also no soap. Good job I brought my own.

The room and bathroom was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Ask for a room not facing the motor way. Can get pretty noisy!

Brilliant service, particularly by bar staff. Arrived late and they did their utmost to still serve a nice plate of food. Good coffee machine in the room.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

When the invoice was printed out,the breakfast amount wasn't included in the room rate

Breakfast should always be included or considered as a complimentary.

Excellent meal good chef. Really amazing location it’s really excellent place to relax and admire the view.

Hotel met all requirements

Staff very helpful n friendly, clean n comfy rooms, good food

Good location near motorway on one side and the other overlooking a lake.

Excellent breakfast!

Air conditioner did not blow cold air.

Food, both breakfast and dinner were excellent.

Bathroomfacilities could have been better

The heating in the room turned itself off early in the night. Had to go to reception to get extra blankets.

Very clean and comfortable, super good staff

Lighting. One lamp next to bed didn’t work. Our room couldn’t have been further away.

Bathroom

Noise of the radiator (very loud, the whole night). No heating in bathroom. No parking available, fortunately there was a MacDo nextdoor.

The bed

Compact room with less lighting

Friendly staff, large clean comfy room

The walls are not well sound absorbent

Old hotel in need of a restauration.

Dinner was great.

• Triple Room with Bath

Very spacious rooms and corridors

Not comfort

Near to my working please

Super comfy bed

shower showed rust marks, facilty showing its age

Location, value for money, friendly service, internet

• Triple Room with Bath

Room is very comfy,bed lovely. very warm though!! Would be great to have water provided in the room!

Lack of an ATM.

Bed was very comfortable!

• Triple Room with Bath

Rosanne was so nice and helpful! Comfortable room, just off the highway, great parking, all facilities work properly.

it's really nice

The room wasn't clean enough

The breakfast

Unfriendly waiter , so embarrassing!

Paying extra for breakfast

Overall excellent staff were brilliant ( keep hold of them!!!)

Beds are extra comfy.

All went very well

Nice big room, excellent breakfast, nice position next to a small lake to walk around.

No view from room

Comfortable bed, good choice at breakfast

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Restaurant very good and the breakfast was also very good...

Very basic rooms

Good location near highways , breakfast included

Old style bathroom Mildew in the shower Residue in the toilet bowl

Breakfast-lots to choose from Next to a little lake. Perfect for a run

Rooms near the road are noisy. The location is a bit remote.

Good Restaurant

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Unclean bathroom. Time to renovate

Friendly staff in the restaurant :-)

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Attended a course and had to study at night. Lighting in room completely inadequate.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Rooms were a bit cold....no heating in shower room.

The style and setting in grounds

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Missing more choices for breakfast. Cold in the bathroom.

Comfortable beds and great internet connection. Friendly staff. Coffee machine in the room.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

No large towels in the bathroom available

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Excellent hotel next to the motorway with Mc donalds next door, 15 mins drive to Den Bosch Town Center & Rail Staition.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Bad Internet connection in the rooms. But they say they are working on it.

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

super nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

you don't event get a cup of coffee as a sign of hospitality. you just need to pay for everything.

comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

Without a car, not easy to get to. Fortunately it did not rain while we were there as the bus stop was a fair way away. Was not impressed that room facilities did not even include a second night's coffee. Breakfast very expensive.

Pleasant area behind hotel - woodland and water. Room good.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Hotel virtually impossible to reach by public transport. Used bus but totally inadequate signage and a mass of inter-connecting roads with little or no footpaths

Hotel staff helpful Hotel fine

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Wifi was poor. There are no facilities such as exercise room, pool, sauna, laundry facilities. It is about Travelodge standard. No more no less.

This is a 3* hotel and that's what it provided. Clean, basic, no frills.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

I was farther out of town than I wanted to be but at that stage it was all I could get and it could have been a lot worse. Otherwise it was fine. I needed to take a bus into town and they stopped at 9.30pm. You will need to take a taxi after that. Restuarant closes at 10pm but McDonalds is next door.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was additional and had a great selection of food with which to start the day. Comfortable room with shower at right temperature all the time. Big bonus for me was the lake behind the hotel which I explored after breakfast - popular with anglers, joggers and dog walkers. I saw wild rabbits there one morning!

There are also 58 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant ‘s-Hertogenbosch traveller photo gallery