Reviews of Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Trivium 4 stars

Trivium 72, 4873 LP Etten-Leur, Netherlands

#3 of 5 hotels in Etten-Leur

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

A couple of the staff members were very rude, came barging...
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

A couple of the staff members were very rude, came barging into our room accusing us of smoking in the hotel when we had just come inside from smoking outside. This happened on two occasions. On our check out day, they said they cancelled the payment they took off my card to secure the reservation and a week later it still has not been returned to me and not explained why. I definitely will not be staying there again. These two problems ruined my stay at the hotel, other than that everything else was lovely & other staff were nice.

disappointed.

1 soap for everything, only 2 towels in the room, no other toiletries. Tiny vanity, no room to put own toiletries. Room had no ambiance, no AC

front desk staff was very friendly and efficient

A hotel that was aimed at the corporate market, therefore a good standard.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Good big room, but pillows too soft. The lighting in the bathroom could have been better the light above the sink meant your face was in shadow. The bar was closed one evening for a corporate evening and we were ushered to the dining room bar, however there was nobody there for service.

Great breakfast, albeit expensive, plenty of parking and close to town.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

I thought staff were OK unlike some of the other reviews.
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Reasturant had zero atmosphere. Ok if you like boring corporate style hotel's. Some parts looked a bit tired.

I thought staff were OK unlike some of the other reviews. Cheap price.

Plenty parking, free use of the gym, spacious rooms
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

No aircon and even with the fan going (which was not able to be placed close enough to the bed for my liking) it was far to hot in the rooms to get a decent nights sleep. I had to extend my stay so was given a different room the 2nd time and it had a fridge in the room where as the first room didn’t. In the hot weather a fridge could make a massive difference being able to keep drinks cold.

Plenty parking, free use of the gym, spacious rooms

Good enough!!
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The insonorisation, the was missing a bath gadgets, When we called the receptionist to ask something and she said she will call us back but never did we would appreciate if she did even if it’s was to say that they don’t have what we asked for.

The personnel of breakfast was really nice and the breakfast was really really good too. The decoration of the hotel was beautiful the free parking was great we appreciate that because in some hotels you have to pay. And the bath was really spacious.

Hotel is near the highway, while there is no noise during...
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The shower room is not closed totally. Water from Shower is not strong enough. Only fan during night in summer.

Hotel is near the highway, while there is no noise during the night. There are enough parking places.

Free use of the gym, quiet location.
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Lack of aircon was a big let down and the fan they provide in the room was mediocre. Trouble with blackout curtains is they don’t let any fresh air in so the fan was just moving the same hot air around.

Free use of the gym, quiet location. 2nd room I stayed in had a fridge which was good for keeping drinks cold.

Perfect location for us this trip
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

We ate in the restaurant this time ~ starter of beef carpaccio was lovely ~ however we did not enjoy the steak it was bland and tasteless looked as if it had be suived first ~ the brownie was nice but nothing special

This time we were upgraded to a junior suite while not as nice as the executive suite we had the night before ~ it was lovely ~ spacious and very clean and comfortable

Room was o.
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

I ordered a bathrobe and they didn#t tell me that pool opened every morning by 11am. I wanted a swimm around 7 am. baken was very greasy. Only coffee. HAIRDREYER WAS NOT WORKING

Room was o.k nice shower

Room very comfortable and, despite being close to a busy...
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Restaurant good but lacked atmosphere. Food good but rather commercial

Room very comfortable and, despite being close to a busy road, was quiet Reception personnel very efficient but, at the same time, treated every guest as an individual.... impressive!!

Parking, accessibility and personel
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Looks new and modern from outside but actually not that new. Doors and corridor carpets are old. Not enough cupboard or drawer in the room.

Parking, accessibility and personel

We had a nice large corner room that was very comfortable.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

We had a nice large corner room that was very comfortable. They had a secure bike storage facility. The location is probably a bit remote from the larger town of Breda, but it was OK if you did not need to go in too often.

Apart from check in, the rest of the stay was ok. No air conditioning in rooms. Fans provided late
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

check-in staff was very rude and incompetent. i had booked 5 off twin rooms together under one booking. She checked us into double rooms all on different floors. Initially she said there were no other room are available but then she changed them to twin rooms but still on different floors. Rooms had no air conditioning but fans provided on request. Rooms were very basic but rest of hotel was acceptable.

Location and plenty of parking. Good breakfast - great choice and enjoyable

Trivium Hotel is overrated!
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The hotel’s lobby, bar and restaurant (the main floor) was nice. The rooms (we had two 3 day bookings) were a huge disappointment. The rooms could stand some updating. The lights were very dim, the shower was not the best, the maid service was very poor. I would not recommend this hotel. I tried canceling our second stay but couldn’t; there would have been a penalty to pay.

It was in Etten-Leur.

Outdated room, it was clean though.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The rooms are very outdated, expected much more. The massage was so so for the money I paid. I reserved a taxi with the reception two hours in advance and I still had to wait 20 minutes for my cab to arrive and no one was taking responsibility for it. Very poor service regarding that.

The location has a spa, which is nice

Good size room, bathroom also roomy and with a good bath.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

No air conditioning in three room and the windows open only a tiny bit so it was stuffy. The fan helped only a little.

Good size room, bathroom also roomy and with a good bath. Bed a bit soft but comfortable enough

Rude front desk agent
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The front desk agent that checked us in was rude and acted as if she was above her guests. When my girlfriend, who can only speak English, asked her about the availability and opening hours of the swimming pool in hotel, she told me with an attitude, in Dutch, that the pool isn't for swimming, only for sauna guest to cool off. My girlfriend found her very disrespectful and unprofessional because she clearly understood English, instead, she just went on in Dutch without addressing to her directly. And in the event that she couldn't communicate in English, she never said sorry and explained otherwise. Way to uphold the hospitality spirit. In a 4 star hotel, we expect that the staff is better trained.

Most of the staff were very courteous and professional, and on the night of our stay, when the restaurant was full, they offered to take our orders and seated us in the Brasserie so we could still have a nice dinner

Fletcher Hotel? Last time for me... No Respect For Customer
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Booked a room with a bathtub: Got a room without one. I had it changed, but no special excuses for not reading the Booking's Comments, which makes me wonder if you can use the form as a contact hope or not... And: Couldn't sleep during all the night... Reason: Very Noisy Elevators !!! And people going up and down all the night long... I didn't sleep more than 3 hours, cause at 8am the cleaning service was banging its working chariot on my wall... When I tried to speak about that during the check-out, only reaction I had was: "Oh really? Noone never complained about that."... And absolutely nothing else... From a place which is supposed to be such quality level, I'm amazingly disappointed... The Fletcher group lost a lot lot lot of credibility this time...

Breakfast was ok

One word is enough - excellent :-)
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

I did not find white yoghurt at the breakfast (but I found milk so ok). I believe it was somewhere there but I did not see it..

I liked the cosmetics treatment, the girl was really good.

Enjoyed spa. But it is extra charge. Check your rates
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Staff rotations make for a jack of all trades and experts in none. I had a issue with the room rate from erroneous information originated from reception. Had to ask central reservation to intercede which they did. Staff seem to be new and overworked. My massage therapist turned out to be the towel boy and bussboy.

You get what they say but not a thing more
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Staff were perfunctory and only just polite - though none were especially helpful or friendly. Things were as described on the website and not a thing more. I have found most Other hotels to more accommodating, helpful and friendly (we stay in many all across Europe and in the uk)

Comfy bed

Property is near the center where the Van Gogh Church is.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Property is near the center where the Van Gogh Church is. Nice pond around where my daughter can interact with ducks. It’s right across a school. The property is in a quiet neighborhood. Breakfast is great, serving fresh produce and assorted continental and local fares. Will definitely stay in this hotel again.

I liked a bar staff was really nice
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Reception , staff doesn’t speak English well ! Don’t have uk adopters , iron boards , rooms Wer not clean no fridge old hairdryer very unhappy ! VEery poor breakfast !

I liked a bar staff was really nice

So so...
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Checkin very rude. You know that moment when you say your name and the receptionist looks at their colleague and smirks and then admonishes you for being late? Poor staff at checkin, so there is that. Also the Room was freezing. I arrived about 11 and went straight to bed and oke up freezing. So... there was a radiator behind the curtain. Shame the blankets were so thin. Hot Breakfast buffet was rather watery...the bacon drowned and i needed to give it mouth to mouth. All in all quite a crap stay.

Large room. Very clean. Staff at breakfast was very nice. Was dirt cheap.

Perfect location with big parking.
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Perfect location with big parking. Very nice exterier of the hotel and interesting hall with design objects. The room was big and spacious, well equipted will all we needed juring the stay. The staff was helpfull and breakfast was tasty.

Disappointed
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Had to pay for the pool which is not specified on the website when booking. No air conditioning in the room and when you have your window open the room was above the smoking area which meant the room either smelt off smoke or was stuffy. There was also no fridge in the room and we found staff to be stand offish and not very welcoming.

Modern

Great for hort stays.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Cupboards to unpack would be good. There were no shelve or draws at all. Just hanging rails. No radio. MTV only, mainly Rap.

Great location. Great staff. Plenty of seating available, inside and out. Good menu although limited if you stay 8 days like we did.

I was charged twice and that is okay, we all make mistakes.
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

I was charged twice and that is okay, we all make mistakes. What is not okay - it will take 2 weeks to get refund, as Staff told me, that refund application needs to go to their Head Office. They make mistake and we need to follow up when we get our money back.......

Decent modern hotel, conveniently located by motorway
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

The room was way too hot with no air-con despite only +15 outdoors and an open window; a fan has helped somewhat but it was still too hot for my liking

Good, modern rooms, huge selection of TV channels, fairly decent location for an overnight business stay Breakfast was decent but selection not too big

Complete Nightmare !!!!!
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Kids away playing football in Holland in a big tournament, Friday-Sunday .. So it's a busy weekend.. Get a confirmation email booked through booking.com saying hotel is booked and guaranteed.. even an email the day before or 2 days before can't remember saying looking forward to seeing you etc... So I get to the Hotel go to check in an I got a sorry sir we've given your room away???!!! After arguing I ask for a manager.. sorry there is no manager.. ok assistant manager duty manager anyone... sorry no one here I can get the bar maid??? Yes the bar maid.. ok speak to bar maid she goes and checks same excuses sorry we've given the room away this hasn't happened in at least 10 years etc etc no rooms available... after more hours of arguing another couple come in.. low and behold they've done the same to them!! So now 2 of us don't have rooms that we've booked! Tried calling manager no answer so we've both said bottom line what are we to do sleep on the streets we called every hotel they called every hotel everywhere is full?? Long and short we've ended up in another couples room at the bottom of there beds on a mattress!!! No joke!! Same for the other couple... said manager will sort out everything in morning... morning comes I go to desk where is the manager.. the manager has taken short vacation !!!! Back on Monday... so again same problems explain all over again we've now got 4 couples is 2 with no rooms plus the 2 we had to gate crash wanting compensation.. they told the 2 wanting compensation there is nothing they can do they are only receptionists so tough basically despite being told the night before they would..? They told us there are no Rooms at all available and that they don't know what to do??? The receptionist then started getting very very upset said the manager has lart it to her to deal With all the problems she is not qualified no insurance etc etc there is no one at all in the hotel to deal with this!?!

Nothing , read below!

quite comical weekend
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

see above an absolute joke

I was emailed 2 days before stating looking foward to your visit. When we arrived at 8pm we were told our room was given to someone else as we were after 6pm and told no more rooms available and we needed to go somewhere else and then were told there is no where else this weekend. My wife cried and we were embarressed in front of freinds we had no help as they stated no manager there either and was left understaffed and under qualifed but my argument was someone made a decision to sell my room without even emailing me or calling me ,an utter disgrace. We spent the night after sitting in reception until 1am until a freind put us up. i then asked for a room the following night and was told no rooms but booking .com put on a room, and when i challenged this to the receptionist and she see it come up on her screen she was then rude and began crying and stormed off -i was then charged more for the room than the whole weekend i had previously booked. That night we ate at the bar restuarant and has i stuck a fork in my burger blood squirted up my shirt A man also was having the same room issue and when he was promised the manager would be in to see him the following day ,after also being put up by someone else after a 8 hour wait -then was told the manager decided that same day to take a mini vaction -the staff really said they wanted to avoid the conflict going on and the other recepionist ran off crying saying the hotel was letting them down with no support.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Dissapointed
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

The hotel personal intented to charge me ~15€ more besides what they have told me at the check-in. When I asked why and insisted they were wrong, they gave up. While I was there they had the same discussion with a different client. Also another client was very upset about something related to room service. The breakfast was always the same. They didn't have any change in any day. The lunch they served us I guess the scrambled eggs from the breakfast. I am quite dissapointed with this aspect.

The location is Ok. The conditions are not too bad, I have been in other hotels with less stars with better conditions.

Not what you expect when you book a junior suite.

Heating was turned off, no spare blanket (first night was pretty cold), I found a piece of glass on the bathroom floor (stepped on it with my bare foot), toilet water reservoir was dripping (irritating noise during the night). On the corridor, just above my room door, an automatic airfreshener was placed near the ceiling that sprayed a dose every time someone walked passed my room . The result was a pungent, intense and unpleasent (sandel wood...?) smell in my room. The room was only equipped with a shower (no bath) and did not have a fridge or mini bar. There was no couch (it was supposed to be a suite...), but the hotel placed two rather uncomfortable chairs in the room. Overall impression: Not what you expect when you book a junior suite. The overall experience was a little dissapointing. After the first night, the toilet was fixed by the staff and the airfreshener outside my room was switched off.

The hotel was easy to find. Free parking. The room was spacious. The bed comfortable. Staff was friendly.

Nice modern hotel for business stay
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Location is a little in the middle of nowhere which is fine for an overnight stay when you're on the road Dinner options are somewhat limited and the burger was below what you would expect for 20 euros

It's a nice fairly modern hotel Got a free upgrade so the room was huge Breakfast is nice as well, including freshly squeezed juice

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

evening meal,- fries were over cooked bordering on burnt -...
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

evening meal,- fries were over cooked bordering on burnt - wine over priced for the quantity received shower was cold at 21.30 coffee / tea machine in bedroom wasn't even clean, looked as if they hadn't been used in months

**** ??

No minibar at the room, refridiator not working, no drinking glass on bathroom, poor coffee and the sortiment. We stayed in junior suite !!!

Good breakfast, good beer, nice restaurant, good food

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Very good hotel we
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Breakfast is good but unfortunately, fresh orange juice and gluten free products are not offered.

Location close to the city centre and the highway to Roosendaal and Breda, the hotel room with comfortable beds, the nice bathroom, free parking and wifi access.

I would not book this hotel again
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Room was smelly. They had trouble to find my booking. The room was bright light because the curtains did not darken the room. The mini bar was there but nothing in it, not even a bottle of water.

They have a nice bar. Breakfast was good, coffee unfortunately cold.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Good hotel but not that friendly going when I stayed there
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

I reached the hotel in the evening for 1 night, the receptionist seemed in a hurry and asked for my credit card for the room prepayment. My room was cold when I stepped-in because no heating on and window was left open whilst it was rather cold that night. I closed it and put the heating on, then went to the brasserie for a bite meanwhile. The menu was in Dutch only, I could hardly understand it and the waiter didn't offer to help. I just pick up something which I could figure out what it was. It is strange for that category of hotel. I asked for the meal to be charged on my room but they wouldn't do it because the prepayment I was asked for was for the room only with no provision for other extra expenses... So I had to pay the meal separately. The whole thing was not that friendy.

Good location, easy access from the motorway, free car park, comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Good size room & comfortable bed.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Noise from other guests coming in/out lift

Good size room & comfortable bed.

Sauna!
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Having a towel for the sauna included in the room would have been nice

Sauna!!!

3.5
    No Air conditioning

No Air conditioning

Lovely hotel
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

This time we stayed in a comfort room ~ still very spacious and spotlessly clean

Enjoyed our stay so much so we booked another two nights this weekend
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

We were given an executive suite which was a real bonus ~ think we could get used to this 😂

never agian
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

way to warm at night unable too sleep and loud bar till 12pm.

clean rooms

Great location for us .
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Beds and pillows too soft for my liking . Quite hot in rooms and breakfast room .

Great location for us . Friendly clean hotel .

The lack of hospitality, not very friendly at all !
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The lack of hospitality, not very friendly at all !!!!!

Good value for money.

Unconfortable bathroom floor.

Small but quality gym.

Great stay - will come back

all was fine

nice upgrade

Definitely a place to be considered

Room a bit austere

Friendly staff Good food Superb view on the river from the restaurant

The lighting in the room was poor.
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

The lighting in the room was poor.

Very comfortable, excellent service, well placed hotel near motorway
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

The room was a little cold, and there seemed to be no hearting controls. The kale stampot was a little dry!

I liked being upgraded!

Convenient location
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Exercise bike wasn’t working and blinds in gym fell apart when I used the string to pull them up.

Parking was good. Breakfast was nice

Nice clean, easy to find snd park.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Receptionist was rude and un helpful.. after a very long day the welcome wadn't quite as expected

Nice clean, easy to find snd park.

the hotel staff are great

the hotel staff are great

Very nice

4.5
    Stay only if needed

It takes forever to check in, service is slow, overpriced

The last Resort
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

It's takes forever to check in and check out staff are not interested

As at home
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Isn't my first time here! Clean, confortable whit nice people. I love it

A wonderful stay

Everything was great

We loved everything!! The room was lovely, the bed super comfortable and the restaurant served great food,what's not to like!

good
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

no swimwear allowed in swimming pool

Great Value on a booking.com deal

breakfast price

great value - clean - gr8 facilities

Modern hotel whit spacious room
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

In wellness the swimsuit is not allowed

Modern hotel whit spacious room

The bed was super comfortable, room was nice
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

arm chairs were grubby and need replacing/ cleaning.

The bed was super comfortable, room was nice

Nice hotel;
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Nice hotel; if time available Spa would be a very relaxing experience

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Very nice hotel,room clean,breakfest was good

Very nice hotel,room clean,breakfest was good

Wellness en hotel
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Wellness in combinatie hotel overnachting

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

- fitness open 24 hours
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

-breakfast, correct quality overall, but could be improved.

- fitness open 24 hours - easy parking - nice venue - comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Friendly
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Shower had very low water pressure.

Friendly staff, good parking.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Close to hiway!

Close to hiway!

Value for money, still a poor kitchen after all these months

Kitchen is poor

Value for money / close to the highway

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Vlaue for mont when not direct booked
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Too far from the centre off the city

Price versus quality

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

wifi did not work

wifi did not work

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Perfect for a quick stop over
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Painful check in, small TV in room

Modern, clean, good breakfast, comfy beds