Reviews of Hotel Freeland 2 stars

Marnixstraat 386, Amsterdam City Centre, 1017 PL Amsterdam, Netherlands

#232 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

Very good position, just behind Leidseplein (around the...
    • Small Single Room

The stairs are very steep and almost require training. The bathroom in my room and the handbasin were tiny, attention must be paid to avoid contact between the hand towel and the WC. Bad smell in the bathroom: a very powerful air exctractor is needed (I think it is quite common: bathroom door closed and window in the room open whenever possible).

Very good position, just behind Leidseplein (around the corner).

very friendly staff, very good location - 12 minutes to...
    • Small Single Room

tiny stairs, 6% City tax not included, very basic room, small sink. for me the price was very expensive for a basic room, but i don't know the average price in Amsterdam

very friendly staff, very good location - 12 minutes to central station, and 2 minutes on tram to Van Gogh museum. if you get it for a fair price and want a good location, and if you're ok with super basic room - you should stay there

Embarassing
    • Small Single Room - Shared Facilities

I do not advise to take this hotel, and advise to delete it from Booking.com list. I have had to climb upstairs to reach the toilet, which square was less than 1 m2. The shower was absolutely uncomfortable, no place to keep the shoes, the clothes were not protected from water. The fare (110 eur) for the room in basement (window at the ground level, shared facilities) is extraordinary.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

A nice location to enjoy Amsterdam
    • Small Single Room - Shared Facilities

Shared toilets were at thé upper level

Very warm welcome. Thé crew was Always ready to help me Numérous trams to go anywhere and now thé new métro vizelgracht within 15 minutes walking or 5 minutes by tram number 7 Thé room was wide and comfortable with windows. Very quiet

Delightful respite in a big city!
    • Small Single Room

Staff is excellent- very helpful, welcoming and friendly. Breakfast is excellent and you can request specific items if you want to, such as crepes, soft- boiled eggs, scrambled or how you want them. The location is near the tram, the museum quarter, cafes and restaurants but hotel is on a quiet street and a block from the canal. Try to get a back room if possible. They are very quiet and peaceful. Hotel is immaculate. Such a delightful place! 😊

Easy walk to Rijks, Van Gogh, restaurants
    • Small Single Room

Well loca y ed within an easy walk to Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh, restaurants, trams an airport bus. Room was simple but functional. Very good breakfast with eggs cooked to order.

The accommodation is in the central area with plenty to do...
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The accommodation is in the central area with plenty to do and see all in comfortable walking distance. The room is cosy and clean and perfectly pleasant. There was a strong smell of smoke at the entrance and the toilet and shower facility were a little pokey but all up in was a very pleasant stay and the staff were very helpfull.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The Room was precious: large enough for 2 people, with an...

Shower plastic curtains: bathroom is big enough forum a walk-in shower or plastic sliding Doors. .

The Room was precious: large enough for 2 people, with an amazing Little Winter garden. . The whole staff is kind and attentive . Breakfast is a plus: savoury and sweet choices and the pancakes are delicious. . The proximity ti Leidsplein and dam Square. And the bus stop is mere steps away... . All' in all, a very welcome and effettive choice!

Exelent place to stay and feel like home
    • Small Single Room - Shared Facilities

All the staff Is lovely , the next Time im in Ámsterdam im staying at freeland again . Ps : Esther makes an incredible pancake for breakfast !!!! I recomend it 100%

Comfortable stay with close to everything that I needed
    • Small Single Room

The toilet made noise really long time after flush :/

Super friendly staff! Immediately got a a map and some guide on where to go from the guy at reception without even asking. Close to everything; resturangs, shopping, museums, a park and public transportation.

Great location and spacious room supplying everything we...

The room could do with some air conditioning as the fan provided wasn't powerful enough.

Great location and spacious room supplying everything we could need.

Excellent location, nice personnel, lovely house cat.
    • Small Single Room

A fridge would always be appreciated.

Excellent location, nice personnel, lovely house cat. Owner let me take my bike into my room (no garages or other storage spaces).

Good value location in the heart of the city near the canals.
    • Small Single Room

Small room overlooking a bar across the street with noise until 3 am. 79 degrees as hard to cool down in the unusually warm season. But a noise app allowed me to keep the fan going and window open so I slept well.

Good location by the canals in downtown Amsterdam. Helpful staff carried my bag up the steep stairs. Good breakfast with eggs your way for 7.50 euros extra. Fan provided.

No frills, excellent location
    • Small Single Room

The single room is pretty small. Not much room to put your things, no desk, just a plastic chair and low table. The en-suite toilet is small and dimly lit.

Excellent location, close to the Leidseplein with many restaurants and cafes. Easy walk to many sights and several tram lines just around the corner to those a bit further away. Also close to a stop of the Schiphol Airport bus. Friendly staff. Decent breakfast at a fair price. My room at the back of the building had no noise issues at all.

Comfy clean room - with no issues or fuss.
    • Small Single Room

I was lucky that I left my heavy suitcase in storage at Schipol airport - 3 flights of steep stairs to my room that I couldn't have managed

Comfy clean room - with no issues or fuss. Great Wifi. Short walk to supermarket and tram stop right outside the door

Stay close by to everything, on a chill place with a lot of character.

the hotel was a 4th floor building and we ended up with a room on the top floor. be ready to climb, it's a hell of a ride :) can't do much about it, because it's a old characteristic building without a lift... but was definitely a challenge.

tidy, clean and really helpful people. AC in the bedroom.

Very friendly hotel with excellent transport connections
    • Small Single Room

I only stayed for two nights, but my room didn't get made up. Don't know whether that was an oversight, but the bin was very small and having that emptied after a day would have been quite good.

Staff was very helpful and very friendly. They gave me lots of advice on where to go and what to do when I turned up. Coffee and tea were always available.

Enjoyable

No elevator but staff assisted with luggage. TV was small

Location was great. Able to walk everywhere but easy access to tram too. Friendly staff and good breakfast.

What I appreciated the most was the room itself: it was big...

The noise from the pub in front of the hotel might bother those with a room facing the street; The shower curtains make it not very comfortable to have a shower, as the cubicle is small. The bathroom floor gets all wet. Having a shower enclosure/screen would work better.

What I appreciated the most was the room itself: it was big and facing the street, so I even had a balcony and a very nice view from it. Having a TV was interesting too. The hotel is located near Leidseplein, so there are good options of restaurants and bars around. Staff was very friendly, and the atmosphere they create make you feel like home. Fair price for the breakfast. Cleanliness was good. In no way I was bothered by other guests noises. I certainly recommend Freeland if you want a good stay in Amsterdam for a fair price, given that the hotels in the city are extremely overpriced and some won't even offer a private bathroom. I'll be back for sure!

Perfect solution in the real centre of Amsterdam.

No elevator until third floor, but it is a classical house

Perfect solution in the real centre of Amsterdam. Typical hollandish style rooms and hotel.

Good location in theatre district close to restaurants

Very small room up very steep narrow staircases Noisy bar across the road at night and no aircon so hopefully it is cool enough to sleep with the window closed

Good location in theatre district close to restaurants

Lovly staff,beautiful location ,20mins walk from town and easy to get to.Great hotel !
    • Small Single Room

Well I did get bitten a few times but can't be Shaw if that's because I left the window open at night or possibly bed bugs.hopeing the first.

The staff were so very helpful ,they store my bags before and after check out,they let me charge my phone in the "front room" after I'd checks out and they even filled in an online application for my fishing licence for me!!! Amazing people.will be going back but possibly next time a double room as the single was a little small.

Friendly, budget hotel in fantastic location.
    • Small Single Room

Carpet in room appeared to be 30 year old indoor/outdoor carpeting. Only English channel on TV was CNN. No ice available.

The location is fantastic! The staff were helpful and friendly. The room was exceptionally small but I knew that prior to booking. The primary weakness for me was the floors were pretty dirty (I accidentally spilled my coffee in the reception area and when I wiped it up, the towel was filthy.) and the lack of ice!

Nice staff with check-in and help in getting taxi to get to...

Nice staff with check-in and help in getting taxi to get to our boat the next day. Great location for walk to the large, relaxing Vondelpark and Museum Plein. Very good full breakfast, well worth the added cost to our room cost.

Stay was fine - Booking.com experience was horrible.
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The way Booking.com hid critical details in the fine print or only mentioned them after the booking was no longer cancellable. Also Booking.com makes it sound as if property is located near train station when it is actually near a tram station (again the fine print) . If I would have been fully informed (example the shared toilet is 1/2 the size of an airplane toilet) I would not have been as angry as I was once we finally located the hotel.

Staff, cleanliness and location

Charming traditional building with many original details.
    • Small Single Room

Stairs are very steep and narrow which is to be expected from an older property, no lift so unless you are on the ground floor not suitable for people with mobility issues. Steps leading to reception

Charming traditional building with many original details. Friendly helpful staff. Clean and reasonably sized rooms porter assisted with taking baggage up to the room.

Friendly staff in a perfect location

Friendly helpful staff and lovely quiet room in a perfect location for exploring cultural Amsterdam. Great tips on best way to travel to out of town locations which saved on expected expenditure

A brief visit before my flight out.
    • Small Single Room

I booked last minute so it wasn't quite the value for money that I expected. I also forgot to ask for a room on a lower floor and so ended up lugging a very heavy suitcase up a narrow steep staircase - my own fault.

The room was comfortable and clean and located at the back so was quiet. The guy at reception was really friendly and upon hearing the types of places I liked to visit, recommended the Museum Van Loon which I'd never heard of but that I absolutely loved. The hotel was also well located for wandering into town, travel by train, and getting to and from the airport.

I organised a weekend away for my Photography group, We All...
    • Small Single Room

I couldn't stay longer! - nothing i could fault

I organised a weekend away for my Photography group, We All Shoot Photos and wanted somewhere away from the hustle and bustle of the main Red Light District area. We weren't looking for a fancy place with loads of facilities, just a clean hotel with bedroom to sleep in. Hotel Freeland met my expectations. Perfectly situated, excellent, friendly, handsome staff that went out of their way to help us organising taxis and providing travel advice. Room was described as small when I booked but it was perfect size for my needs. Clean room. Couldn't fault it. Would definitely stay again if we organise another weekend away at some point.

Would recommend
    • Small Single Room

Friendly staff, great location, clean and comfortable room. For this price close to the city centre I would not expect more. It felt very welcoming and after a long day of walking I was very happy to jump in a soft bed.

Good location and amazing staff but noisy.
    • Small Single Room

The hotel is VERY noisy! You can hear every person walking and talking in the corridor. The blame is not only on the room though, people there were just loud!

Very good location, quite central Staff was very welcoming and helpful!

Perfect!
    • Small Single Room

I’m not sure anything could be improved - maybe a small towel rail in the bathroom but I’m being super picky!

It was lovely. The location was great, just off a main square and a short walk to the museum district. The staff were helpful and breakfast was yummy - great value for money.

Ok hotel for a short break......

Not a good place if you have mobility issues. We were in room 16 on the loft level so had four flights of very steep and narrow stairs to climb. Didn't like the privacy of bathroom door which was a plastic concertina door. Basic, average hotel which could do with updating.

Comfy beds,good breakfast-very accommodating for what you wanted.All staff very pleasant and helpful.

Value for money
    • Small Single Room

Small single room - with enough space to move around in( some ‘small’ rooms are VERY small), with a private bathroom and toilet. Serviced daily. Friendly staff and a good breakfast available. It’s not fancy - so don’t go looking for ‘extras’ - but for a modest, clean base where you can feel comfortable, this is a great choice. Happy to hold my luggage after I’d checked out as my flight wasn’t until late afternoon.

Great hotel definitely will return

Arrived to a friendly chap and lovely cat, checkin and out was seemless. Location is incredibly Central that you can walk almost everywhere in Amsterdam. Had a takeaway delivery which the cat was interested and joined US dispite there wasn't meat however he was ever so entertaining. The whole place was clean and very well maintained. Definitely will return.

Freeland hotel has a small but comfortable room, an...
    • Small Single Room

Freeland hotel has a small but comfortable room, an extremely friendly helpful and knowledgeable staff and a good location (500-700 meters from Musemplein where the national museum (Rijksmuseum) and the Van Gogh museum is an a 1.2 Kilometers from the center)

Amazing hotel I would recommend this to everyone.
    • Small Single Room

Just add some more lights to the room for the night during the day it's fine

Amazing hotel I would recommend this to everyone. The staff is super friendly and caring and great people. Kor is really sweet :)

Good location, small hotel
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Small room if you compared to most hotels Small stairs fron the netherlands but those are tipical, so it’s hard to avoid there. Bathroom smallet than the one on an airplaine

Location Staff very polite ans sociable good enough room (if you are not very picky, and you know you are just there to sleep and you are gonna spend the most time in the city, you are not gonna miss anything) They have a cat 🐈

Basic but has all you need
    • Small Single Room

This hotel would not suit people with mobility problems because the stairs are steep and narrow, and there is no lift. This didn't affect me though, so no problem. The shower head in my room was floppy.

This is a basic hotel, but the room was quiet, the bed was comfortable and I had 3 good nights' sleep. The breakfasts filled me up for the day, and the lady running the hotel was friendly and genial. What more would you want ? The location is good - near the lively Leidseplein - and there are frequent trams into the city centre. For those flying in to Schiphol, the airport express bus 397 stops about 400 metres away.

OK but not the greatest value for money.

There's a cat in the lobby, which is lovely, but I'm severely allergic to cats. It generally stayed in the lobby, so it wasn't a bother. It was in the breakfast room when I was there on the first morning, so I only went to breakfast that once. The breakfast room is downstairs in the basement and quite stuffy, so the cat was a bit too close for comfort. The cat won't be a downside for most people, but for people with allergies it's something to bear in mind. The mattress was really comfortable but the pillows were extremely hard and slightly weird. I've not previously encountered pillows like that. I have no idea what they were made of but if you told me it was clay I wouldn't be surprised. The room was dingy but clean (I think). It's hard to tell if the shower is clean when the tiles have dark grout. The carpet was mostly clean. The stairs are extremely steep, which is typical for Amsterdam, and there is no lift. I had a piece of onboard luggage with me and it was ok going up the 4 flights of stairs but I'd have struggled if I had my usual large suitcase. Anyone with dicky knees or hips may have trouble navigating the stairs.

The staff at this hotel were brilliant. They were definitely the best part of my stay. Thanks Esther and Andre! The location of this hotel is great, if noisy. There are a couple of bars across the road that are lively until the early hours. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. There are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby and you're within walking distance of the Rijksmusem and Van Gogh.

Pleasant
    • Small Single Room - Shared Facilities

The toilet by reception is way too small for those with a room only and having to share the toilet.

It has a really homely feel. The staff were lovely and helpful. It was well situated for easy access to everything including getting to and from the airport or to and from the train station by tram. Breakfast was lovely.

Actually nothing
    • Small Single Room

Old hotel with no lift , with 20 kg bag they simply point to me to get it my self three floor up !؟ at very sharp narrow steps almost felt twice !? Room oh the smallest worst design room ever no place to open you luggage so end move it to open Wchen abs move to open door !? Not highly recommend need 30 min walk to dim

Actually nothing

The only good thing about the hotel is the location which is 2 min woak from the leides plain
    • Small Single Room

I stayed for 7 nights they never changed my bed sheets till I complained in my last night of the stay 😂😂!!!plus there was a crack in the bottom of the window in my room which made the room freezing cold and I told the stuff about it and they said they will do it but I left the hotel after 7 nights and the crack still there 🤣🤣🤣

Was what I needed for the circumstance however not for a group of friends/other half.
    • Small Single Room - Shared Facilities

Shared shower and toilet. The toilet was TINY.

My room was good although the shared facilities was a bit of a bummer. Staff were really friendly and helpful.

Everything just runs efficiently in Amsterdam, very relaxing

Steep stairs(as with everywhere else in Amsterdam so cannot he helped) nighttime noise could be a problem if room faces street like mine did - I’m not that sensitive but suggest taking headphones or putting on tv if you are.

Easy to find, simple check in, clean, free WiFi, large room, comfy beds, private bathroom with towels provided and good water pressure, free tea and coffee. Within walking distance of everything. Coffee shop 100yd down the road.

Central, clean, there is a water boiler stuff in the room;

Bit thin walls but my (upper) neighbors were quiet after midnight

Central, clean, there is a water boiler stuff in the room; the staff is really friendly, recommended

Kindly and very helpful personal.

Noise from street. You can hear car etc...

Kindly and very helpful personal. Good place. You can go by tram (3€/prsn) or Uber(6€/trip) to Centraal Station. Fotel is placed about 1,5km to cetraal station. Wifi is not fast, but still acceptable. Many restaurants are not far away from hotel. You can choose between , brasil, indian, chinesse, dutch, japanese restaurant. All of them takes about 4min walk. I can recommend trip to Haarlem city.

Powerful shower, good central heating.
    • Small Single Room

Bathroom had no towel rail or hooks to hang clothes/towels. Same with room - 4 hooks and hangers provided midway down wall but further clothes storage would have been useful. TV mounted at the end of the bed - anyone taller than 5.5 could accidentally kick it during the night!

Powerful shower, good central heating.

For the price this place is really great, but the prices in Amsterdam are getting too high.
    • Small Single Room - Shared Facilities

What I do count as negative is the slight smell of mildew in the room and the ridiculously high price. This was one of the cheapest places in Amsterdam, and as such it was fantastic and very comfortable. But the fact that all of the hotels in Amsterdam are so expensive is daylight robbery.

The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The location was perfect for the night life and sightseeing. The room was old and very small - but every affordable place in Amsterdam is old and small so you cannot really view this as a bad thing.

Excellent location & good facilities
    • Small Single Room - Shared Facilities

The toilet was really very tiny - my knees touched the door in front so it wasn’t comfortable. There was often an almost rotten smell in the communal areas (corridor, kitchen)

My room was very clean & it was in an excellent location. There was a sink in the room which was useful. The location was absolutely perfect.

Location excellent, very clean, heplful staff and good...

Very narrow and steep stairs but it seems it is the same everywhere in the old part of the city.

Location excellent, very clean, heplful staff and good breakfast.

I liked it
    • Small Single Room - Shared Facilities

Small bed but that’s what you get when you’re alone sometimes

Great location for price They upgraded me which was cool. Room was basic but had all that was needed. Really friendly people working here

Overall it was great. I liked the staff at the hotel and the location was great.
    • Small Single Room

The room was to small even for 1 person and to many stairs plus the stairs were kind of tricky to deal with due the size.

The staff at the hotel was very nice and friendly plus the location was great.

The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean.

The tiles in the room are a bit wierd, the TV was not working. The stairs are a challenge, but fun for us, part of the experience( we were with backpack, I do not know how you'll get a suitcase up to the third floor).

The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean. The location is great.Beds are excellent.

As I had a lot of luggage my friend and I got a free upgrade...

There’s no lift and the stairs are super steep.

As I had a lot of luggage my friend and I got a free upgrade to a triple room on the first floor from a double room on the 4th floor. Friendly staff and great location, good deal for an Amsterdam city center hotel.

Friendly, convenient, good location but not nice single room.
    • Small Single Room

The room particularly. It was a small single room that felt on entry as though I was walking into a wet/shower room as all the walls were tiled up to above head height in the same tiles as the shower. The shower was small which was sort of ok for me as I am not big, but even so I kept turning the tap off with my elbow and when I turned around. TV useless really. Just to mention that this is a traditional building in Amsterdam therefore there is no lift and the stairs are steep. Not ideal in any way if you have a disability.

The staff were very friendly particularly the receptionist on arrival. Also extremely helpful with directions, looking on the internet etc. It was very convenient for the city, public transport etc and a place to lay my head after a full day. Quiet room at back of hotel was good to have.

I’d certainly stay here again.

If you have any issues with very steep stairs it may not work for you. The breakfast is down steep stairs as well.

This location near the Apple store and right near the American Hotel with the trams 1,2 and 5 that go right to the Central Station was excellent. It is an easy walk to the Rrjkmuseum, Heineken Experience and the Van Gogh. It is just 15 minutes from Anne Frank House, the Antique Mall and a post office/Store. The breakfast in the lower level is wonderful.

A nightmare

One of the room was in basement with broken and uncovered walls , extremely small and the shower room was totally uncleaned and terriblly small, the other room was not cleaned either , with tabaco on the bed , bottles on the floor , rubbish bags , the staff was totally not profesional and not helpful , totally a nightmare stay !

Staff friendliness and location made up for the size of the room which was therefore well over price
    • Small Single Room

The room was the size of a normal hotel en suite shower room and the shower room was no bigger than an aircraft toilet!

Very friendly staff, good location and nice, small but adequate breakfast.

Convenient,friendly and comfortable hotel
    • Small Single Room

My room on first night was noisy with a generator constantly switching on and off. I am a light sleeper. The staff were apologetic as it was coming from neighbouring building and moved me to a room at back which was quiet and comfortable.

A central situation with easy access to trams to railway station and also direct bus to airport. Friendly and helpful staff

Good for the price.

Stairs were very steep. Beds were very soft.

The room was a great size and the amenities were good. Location was fantastic and there was little to no street noise.

Perfect location & friendly staff

No instructions on their page for directions from airport, i.e. Take bus 197 or take drain to central then tram number ?? Etc

Room size, facilities, friendliness, everything

Ideal weekend stay.

There was no lift and the stairs were very steep, 3rd floor, 2 heavy suitcases.

Excellent location, friendly staff, reception cat, good check out time (11am), easy to find.

Very convenient place to stay on budget

The place locks up late at night and I would have to wait for owner to unlock the door for me.

The staffs were very friendly who made me feel welcome at home. I had good home cooked breakfast of eggs and bacon as well as breads for toasts.

Fantastic quiet location very close to restaurants, bars,, trams & room adequate thou aweful carpet.
    • Small Single Room

Room smaller than I expected with cheap plastic chair & table. Carpet in bedroom felt aweful to walk on (like fake grass) & damp smell in shower & sink room as no window or proper vent & toilet area very small.

Loved the location with great close walking access to cafes bars & restaurants & trams & bus to & from airport. Plus easy walk to museum area & Vondel Park. The staff were great! The internet speed was fast & great breakfast choices. Liked garden courtyard & other flats view from my window on ground floor.

Great location to explore central Amsterdam

The pillows were not very comfy for me but perfect for my partner. No big deal!

The room was spacious and located at the rear of the hotel so it was quiet. The hotel owners also had a cat that lived in the reception room which made the hotel feel very friendly and homely.

very close to the city centre, nice people who own it;
    • Small Single Room

very close to the city centre, nice people who own it; Wi-FI was perfect. it was a little hot in the room but you can adjust it; make sure to bring a small suitcase, there is no elevator and the stairs are narrow and high

It is in a great location
    • Small Single Room

Room was tiny with very little space for belongings and the "bathroom" very cramped. A large person would really struggle. The stairs are incredibly steep - with a turn near the top that is difficult. I had two flights to go up. Unless you are fit and strong these stairs would be a struggle particularly with luggage. I presume the staff would help with luggage but that wasn't offered.

It is in a great location

Comfortable hotel in great location for seeing museums and Anne Frank house.

The only thing that we didn't like was that we couldn't have a window open during the night without leaving the door to the garden open (and unlocked). The stairs from the garden led right into our balcony. When we got back to our room after a late dinner, we needed to cool it off by opening the sliding door to the garden. No air-conditioning. While we liked overlooking the garden and those in the backs of all the buildings in the block, we also wanted to be secure while we slept. We cooled off the room somewhat with the fan provided, but then closed and locked the garden door and began the night sleeping on top of the bedcovers.

We were given a room on the main floor, with a balcony overlooking the garden in the back, so there were no problems with stairs (after climbing a half-flight of stairs to enter the hotel). At night it was quiet. The hotel is old but clean and well-maintained. Definitely not a chain! The staff, especially Esther, were very welcoming and accommodating. We were able to leave our bags in their care for most of the day that we checked out. Esther cooked our breakfast to order, and it was delicious and a good value. We chose this hotel for its location and value. Amsterdam is a high-priced city in terms of hotels and food! We walked to the Anne Frank house, and in the other direction to the museum quarter. The hotel was also conveniently reached via city tram.

Great trip and great hotel. Highly recommend it.

Nothing I didn't like.

Great location, friendly staff, clean room and comfy bed. Exactly what we wanted. Don't let some of the photos put you off. It is nicer than they make it look.

Great location!

Very noisy, all sounds from corridor, stairs, next door room and upstairs room was audible in our room. There was a cat in the reception and in the breakfast room, where it was also fet. Would have been nice to know as one of us are allergic to cats! Very steep stairs.

Great location!

Safe comfortable room in a good location.
    • Small Single Room

It was very basic, no frills, for almost €95 euros would have expected more.

Good location near to Leidseplein. Small single room with a lobby and separate shower and great fresh shower gel.

Convenient as a place to sleep foe
    • Small Single Room

Be aware that like many places in Amsterdam there are steep, narrow stairs. I didn't find this too much of a problem but would not have taken a suit case up there! It is worth keeping in mind!

The staff were incredibly helpful, and had lots of advice on things to do. Location was convenient and easy to get to by tram

The localization was incredible, really close to the centrum...

The price was quite high, there were not many rooms left in Amsterdam when we made the reserve so I think this was overpriced.

The localization was incredible, really close to the centrum in a good neighborhood. Literally you can go walking to everywhere, also you can rent a bicycle or take a tram if you want to go further.

A wonderful place to stay in Amsterdam. Loved my vacation :)
    • Small Single Room

I think everything was great, but if I was to be extra extra picky, I'd recommend free breakfast and a lift in the hotel. Otherwise, totally satisfied!

I personally don't think you can beat the location for the price. It's located right in Leidsplein, which is close to the downtown and right near a gorgeous canal. Walking everywhere was extremely easy - I loved how close I was to vondelpark! The hotel itself has a lot of stairs, but for Europe that's normal. The hotel rooms are small but I personally think it's perfect for a solo traveler like myself. The bathroom works, good shower. Nice air conditioner and the windows open all the way!