Reviews of Grand Hotel Central 3 stars

5.9

5.3

5.1

5.5

Really not worth the money

€200 for the room, beds were so old you rolled off without moving. Decor was very old, falling apart. Noisy neighbours...pathetic shower....smelled old..

Location is perfect for nightlife and shopping

Don't stay here

After arriving 1 hour after check in opens we still had to wait another hour because the one of the rooms wasn't ready. In one room the bathroom light wouldn't turn off as a result had a bright room all night. All of the beds are bent like a banana so we all woke up with back ache. Total miss match of furniture in the rooms generally condition of the rooms were bad they both needed some TLC. In the other room the main door kept getting stuck closed. We had to go and let them out twice. Not good if there is a fire. We told the hotel all of these issues but they didn't care.

Nothing about the hotel apart from it was in the city centre

Don’t understand how it can be a 3 star hotel!

The parking for our car was at least 10 minutes away. The parking near the hotel was 30€/day and not 20€ as they advertised. Noise like people walking and talking in the corridor, you could hear one women making love, other rooms TV, etc. Not clean! There were crumbs under the bed sheet! Smoke smell in the corridor The smoke alarm of our room was closed with a plastic bag and a hair band Toilets smelling like plastic Moisture on the roof in the toilet (black) and of the room (yellow) True renovation needed

Having TV Lecture lamps Breakfast

I just like the location of the hotel it’s really close to...

The hotel was too dirty even the towels and toilets was too smelly.. I had lots of mosquito bite on my body now 😢

I just like the location of the hotel it’s really close to central station and city center..

Wouldn't book again

The hot water didn't work so had to have cold showers, the tv remote didn't work in one of the rooms. The beds were uncomfortable and there were dirty nappies in the hallway. The breakfast also didn't have a lot of options

The location was good

budget but very central

The room was very basic, not very well kept and not very clean (among which my bed sheets had a stain and there was a strange smell in the closet). It is a standard expected for a 2 stars hotel at the best.

The position was fantastic and the bed comfy. Towels were changed every day.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Just location nothing else is Good.

apart from breakfast and location nothing else is good. Rooms are very basic something you do not expect from a 103eu price. I need to stay for a night only so booked but will not book in future. thin wall you hear noise from other rooms, tv remote do not work. I will pay 20-30 extra and stay in some other hotel.

Very near to Rotterdam CS, right in market area. Metro Stop is just 2min walk. Breakfast was good you get Tea, Coffee, Juice, Boiled Egg, scrambbled egg, fruits, bread, croissant, few more items.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

very cheap but everything was ok.

the smell in room (since it's old, I think. If they use a little bit of fragrance it's better for sure)

very cheap but everything was ok. The room was big enough, old but always clean, nice staff and near from main station, breakfast included.

APPALLING

What an absolutely appalling hotel, cleanliness was disgusting, stains on sheets, bites all over from bed bugs, room, would never stay here ever again.

Good location but the facilities could be better

we had a reservation for a room for three already paid via booking, but in the check-in they said that they have no more rooms for three and they give us three single rooms for one night and we had to change the rooms after and go to the room of three, so had to back and unpack all again. In our second night there was a private party in a building near the hotel, we were tired and we had been to our room a little early to get some rest but the room was unsupportable it’s like if they were with us in the room, the stuff said they couldn’t do anything about it. I understand it’s not in their building but still it was disturbing (fortunately they stopped a little after 23h and we had some sleep) The breakfast is not bad, but the bread and croissants are not crispy at all and there is no much choice, they could put at least an oven or a toaster.

The location is central and good to visit the city. The rooms are comfortable.

Century-old and faded glamour, but we slept well!

The hotel is over a hundred years old AND it needs lots of TLC. The toilet took a couple of pumps before flushing and the faucet of the sink spun without bringing much water.. My husband said his shower went cold and warm again. Another disappointment was the latex-painted particle-board closet door in our room. Also, the dining area was confusing. The dishes and glasses are way underneath in a deep cupboard. It wasn't clear where to find things, and the rooms are very dark! The coffee was just twice as strong as it should have been. Also, a toaster for the toast slices would have been helpful.

We liked that our room faced the courtyard, which meant it was very quiet. Also, our room was shaded from the hot sun. There was also a fan in our room, which we very much appreciated. The bed was good. We liked the lobby area, too, which was comfy for waiting on our contacts to arrive. The fact that there was hot food served at breakfast was a plus, too. Our room and bathroom were very clean even though they were old. There is difference!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Outdated, dark and depressing.

Facility outdated, dark and depressing. Most devices are broken or not available. Beds are unconfortable and shower towels are small even for hands. Dirt found in the room and in common areas. Breakfast is very minimal.

The Location, very close to the train station, to the Metro, to the City center and to a small supermarket. The TV set, fairly new and working.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Hotel located at the city center, however there's bed-bugs/Lice in the room/pillow and under the bed

Bed-bugs. There are lice in the pillow and under the bed. This was reported at the reception. it was a dramatic for the kids. not a leasure time for us.

Well-Connected

That it was in the city centre
    • Family Room

That it was false marketing. What you see isn’t what you gonna get. No air conditioning. It smells and there were lots of other stuff. Overall I wasn’t happy.

That it was in the city centre

Nice staff and location, good to visit the city BUT not good to rest

Old tooth brushes and soaps in the bathroom. Clearly not clean. Walls really thick and we can hear everyone all night, difficult to sleep. Parking is not included, 30 euros per day and 2000m walk! That’s not included parking.

Doesn't suit family

Property is old. Wifi works only in reception and lower floors maybe. Many night clubs near the hotel. Fights and altercations until 6am almost.

Location being close to city center and the train station.

I wouldn’t recommend

We had 3 rooms for 3 nights, one of them the shower was broken and only one light was working in bathroom. Another room single bed you had to literally kick the door to open and close. The last room had one side of the bed collapsed. Both double bed rooms were bit small. There is no air conditioning one night we couldn’t sleep at all due to noise from other guests coming through opened window. Finally, I would recommend not to travel as family to that hotel.

The only good thing about this hotel is it’s location and it is cheap. But you get what you pay for.

only for one night
    • Family Room

the room had a terrible smell of damp and poor plumbing. the rooms were very worn and needed a good facelift. the balcony door did not close properly so we were worried about security plus because it couldn't close we were subjected to the noise of the night club below and across the road all night till about 3am.

the location was the only good thing about it... plus very helpful and friendly staff.

Quite decent, no fuss.

The bunker bed (we had a triple room) had some not so comfortable mattress. It was just too thin. The eggs for the breakfast (which is actually decent otherwise) are way too old.

Everything was good for a standard budget hotel. Everything worked and there was cleaning every day.

old hotel, with great location, with great potential, and nice staff

The view to the inner yard is terrible. It is also noisy, window has to be closed.

Location is great, ther's no noisy fan in the bathroom, no need to put the card in a slot to have electricity Breakfast is better than average

Overrated by booking.com

Dated decor. Rough renovation. Wifi kept crashing out. Mattress kept falling off the base. Only 1 lumpy pillow each. "Interesting plumbing"

Location was handy to transport and sights.

please avoid this hotel at all cost, this is a junk hole.

please avoid this hotel at all cost, this is a junk hole. you should never stay at this place, its dirty, the staff is very un-polite, rooms are terrible the shower is so dirty i was scared to take a shower on it.

Probably in accordence with the prie for the room the whole impression was poor and not to our stand

1.The door of the room was jammed 2. The leg of the chair in the room brook of while I was sitting on it 3. Although room as booked for two persons, when my partner went to breakfast his name was not on the checklist so there were words with the inspecting lady 4. One of the nights was a sleepless one: three women and one man on a lower floor opposite our room had the window open and made a lot of noise and shouting as from about 3 or 4 am!!!

The location in the centre of Rotterdam was perfect.

I don't recommend this place I'm afraid.

The rooms are in pretty dismal condition. Our room had electrical wires showing where normally a proper plug socket would be, in two different places. The whole place needs updating, with window sills that are rotting and a bathroom door that didn't close properly. My sister stayed the same night in another room, her window didn't close and the curtains were too small to cover the window - crucial in summer with late and early light. It's a cheaper option in Rotterdam, but far from the cheapest. For one night of put your head down it's fine, but don't have high expectations. Also the walls are super thin so if your neighbours are having "some fun" at night, be ready to be hearing in on their fun!

Friendly enough staff

Good location but wouldn't stay again.

Very noisy, with nothing to absorb noise: All floors were wood veneer, and doors were slamming are all hours.

Location was excellent. Staff are very good.

I would like to raise a complain and even a refund .
    • Family Room

I would like to raise a complain and even a refund ..The hotel room has a nasty smell and was so loud until 4.30 am..I am really upset with two kids..We could not sleep at al.,We were not informed by the hotel staff

I went home exhauted from my stay. I did not sleep much...but beautiful town for sure.

Our bedroom 1 bed was broken. No tv remote. It took 2 days to switch us rooms. No heat so it was chilly. No in room phones so we had to go down for anything. Forgetful staff. Windows are not soundproof so very hard to sleep Saturday.

The croissant breakfast included. proximity of everything.

The rooms were clean and the staff very welcoming and...

WiFi reception was very poor and I had to change rooms. The hotel lounge is turned into a club during the weekend and the music reached me all the way to the fourth floor. People should be made aware of this. Finally, the hotel's infrastructure was horrible and dated. From the elevator, to the room doors, hallways and walls. Everything was old, damaged and greasy. It seems no attempt has been made to improve quality. It felt like I was in a hostel in the dodgy part of town. The room itself though was decent and clean.

The rooms were clean and the staff very welcoming and helpful.

TERRIBLE!!! Would never ever stay there again.

1) Its disgustingly dirty. 2) I was bitten all over my body from bed bugs. 3) I have sores all over my body. 4) Having to use medication. 5) They did not even clean my room the second day. 6) I checked out a day early even though paid in full. No ways I could stay there. Its just to terrible for words and run down on top of it. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE EVER!!!!!

The location is good and the food is ok. Nothing Else.

Awful hotel. Everything is falling apart and needs to be fixed or upgraded.

Everything in this hotel needs to be fixed. The walls were scuffed everywhere, there were holes in the laminate wood floors, there was a wifi router hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the hallway ready to hit someone in the head, there were holes in the wall from places where I'm guessing there used to be something mounted in various places, paint was missing from parts of the wall, none of the furniture matched (we had two different types of chairs in our room that you could tell should have been the same), etc. On top of all this, our bathroom flooded overnight from a leaking flush button, convincing us to leave early and stay at another hotel. It honestly looked like a place you would see on Hotel Hell.

vary bad stay

Very noisy hotel (cafes in front ofthe hotel) This is not an issue, but the isolation for the noise is very poor. Breakfast is one of the worst that I ever had (not a lot of choice)

location (close to center and train station)

It is so dirty, smell of bathroom is everywhere. Friday night very loud noise of music until 1am. I dont recommand it for families with kids.

Is a FREAKING BAD EXPERIENCE. Staff tell lies.

Staff telling the lies. First day check-in realised the room heater not working and went down to inform the reception staff so he told us they’re having the heater spoiled problem since yesterday but they will find someone fix it tomorrow morning. I’m angry because they should inform us when we check-in.So that night is 5°c and there’s no heater at the whole hotel. Next morning I went down to reception just to check if they finding someone to fix the heater problem because is really suffering at night. The answer I got from the staff who attended me last night said the contractor are working on it tonight definitely will have room heater. So evening when I back to hotel I check with the reception staff again( this time is other staff) is the room heater problem fix and she seem nervous on answer me so she get another staff to attend me. Guess what the answer I got is “Sorry ma’am our heater spoiled for quite sometimes but will be only fix till the next winter coming because now is near to the summer”. What the F?! Seriously Booking.com?! What kind of the experience is this? Lie to the guest on room heater? If I know on the 1st night I wouldn’t be stay for the 2nd night!! Is 5°c at night and the whole hotel has no heater!! Is a VERY BAD experience.

Clean and comfortable hotel in excellent location - Very good value for money

Window looked onto an internal roof, the corridors and doors are very shabby which is a shame because the room itself was much nicer. At breakfast no tables were laid and I could not see a member of staff. The buffet was limited (but the pastries were delicious).

The room was comfortable, clean and well appointed with coffee and tea and a very comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Very conveniently located by restaurants, walking distance to De Doelen and to station.

Well located, comfortable room, price a bit high, staff could be nicer.

The price was a bit high if I compare it to other similar hotels I booked in this trip. Problems: 1) the only elevator was out of order; 2) the room was not ready for check-in at 14:00 (how it was informed in the hotel's webpage), I had to wait until 15:00.

Well located in Rotterdam not far from the central rail station. I got a comfortable room. Breakfast included, it was good.

Accommodation -Only for one night

Hotel needs to be refurbish from the ground . All night there was water circulating in the heater. Tap was licking:) . Mattresses and pillows too soft .old bath

Personnel was friendly and helpful but overall hotel very poor.

Only the location.

The noise outside the hotel, windows are old and don't insulate the noise and cold air from the outside, the breakfast was terrible, the smell of the old carpets and wooden floor inside the hotel, all in one of the worst hotels i've ever been to.

Only the location.

disappointing

People who get in the hotel do not get checked or something and as a result my family got deceived and robbed by a person who pretended to be from the reception but he wasn`t. The bad thing is he came to our room a couple of times and nobody from the staff suspected anything, neither did we.

the location of the hotel is its biggest advantage

Don not come here!

Everything was dirty, the bathroom has a leak, we couldn't sleep, the sheets of the bed were dirty, whe room so dark, no A/C, the windows closes bad, so we could here everything from the street.

Nothing, all bad

Location in Rotterdam Center and staff gentle attitude are...

Room was small, limited quality cold and humid (My shirt was almost wet in the "wardrobe" (should say box with a door)

Location in Rotterdam Center and staff gentle attitude are the only positive things I can see

Good

The room was freezing we asked for the heating to be turned on but they never did. They dont do early check in our flight was a early one so we arrived early and had to wait around for 4 hours.

The breakfast was nice and the location of the hotel is good as its by bars resturants and metro.

Great no frills hotel!

A bit worn in places!

Lots of character and very clean with a comfy bed. Great breakfast, friendly helpful staff and a good central location. I would recommend it.

3.0
    Infested with bed bugs!

worst hotel in a very long time. The whole place is absolutely dirty and smelly. The room had dirty towels from a previous guest, the floor had obviously not been cleaned in a long time (hair everywhere), and worst of it all, I got bitten by bed bugs during the night. Two bugs were crawling on the blanket when I switched on the light. Breakfast was just as bad, not enough light in the room to really see what was on offer. Water for tea was lukewarm, coffee bad. The rate for the room was EUR 92, so a complete ripoff.

The oldest hotel in Rotterdam!!!!

the hotel is the oldest one in Rotterdam and you can really see it! Noise everywhere, not so clean. No wifi in the room, just in the hall.

The positive things are the position, really close to the central station, and the dimension of the room and of the bathroom.

Worst experience of whole life
    • Family Room

It seems to be rough and red light area. The room has old and broken furniture. Lifts has a notice that it stucks sometime use on your own risk. Rooms has very bad smell bathroom were stinky and smelly

Except it’s location the hotel is awefull

Great location!

Lift was bit unreliable

Excellent location (8 min walk from station, in city centre, near trams & metro). Food choice at breakfast was good. Helpful staff.

Good location, bad Hotel

- Horrible smell in the Bathroom - old building - NO WIFI! - 30€ Parking per day ! - No decoration. Just IKEA Beds and a table. - Pictures in Booking are highly photoshopped!

Location is great

The staffs were pretty helpful, and the location of the...

We could not connect to the wifi in our room.

The staffs were pretty helpful, and the location of the hotel is not far away from Rotterdam Central Station.

the location and the cleanliness

the breakfast was awful and the internet did not work almost at all. It was always disconnecting and the signal was terrible

the location and the cleanliness

Disaster and want the total refund

My bed had BED had BEDBUGS and I was not able to sleep the two nights even they changed roon, so I am asking the REFUND of the stayI have taken picturesof my arms, back and nekc, So I need your help with the reuburse! I have filled the claim

The location is great.

When I got to the hotel at checking time 14:00 pm, the receptionist told me to come back at 3 pm since they were just checking out a big group. She did not care about helping me. I waited for another receptionist 10 min later, and she gave me my room. I was exhausted and did not want to wait

The location is great. And the included breakfast was awesome

The location was good.

The room was a never up-dated 1960's thing. It was very spartan. The shower squirting into the old bathtub went suddenly very cold three times during a short shower. The staff were very businesslike and not very interested in doing much more than giving me a key and taking my money. For what I got - about the same as a youth hostel - it was expensive.

The location was good.

Extremely disappointing - will never stay here again.

Terrible, terrible hotel. Tired, run-down, no heating or water in first room, no lighting in second room I was moved to with awful shower. Staff unwilling to help and no refund offered. Breakfast poor and looked like it had been out for a long time, so didn't eat it. Radiator making a 'clanging' noise all night so didn't sleep, but no apology or money offered.

Should you need one night stay close to train station and have limited budget this can be an option.

During night fire alarm went off several times, it was not possible to sleep normally. In the morning we were told that someone was repeatedly smoking in the room. Strange. As we were leaving early morning, we made agreement with manager to arrange us some sandwiches, for which she checked possibility with staff, and confirmed that those will be ready for us 05:00 (since we will not be having regular breakfast, which was paid) . However there were no sandwiches, not even note left for night shift at reception desk. Beds, mattresses are of poor quality.

Position close to Central Station.

I wouldn't recommend it to nobody, because of personnel, rooms and district where hotel is situated.

Furniture, bed, personnel.

Terrible neighbourhood, a person was beat up in front of the hotel, wasn't feeling safe, whole time I was staying in the hotel. Terrible facilities, old furniture. I would recommend paying extra 20 Euros for better and safer stay. I asked for invoice for my company, but they didn't manage to give me one. I left my e-mail, but nobody contacted me for additional details of the company.

Nice city....no sleep.

TV fell off the wall at 3am then nightclub across the road was emptying till 6am.3 hours sleep.No energy for travel or day out the trip was ruined.ive stayed all over europe and never had a worse nights sleep....without at least double glazing, this room is not fit for purpose.

Good location, friendly staff but that’s it.

Poor information prior to booking about events at the hotel during our stay (we booked 1 night prior to staying) — there was a big noisy valentines party. Additionally, the fire alarm went off 5 or 6 times between 1am - 4am for about 20 seconds during the night. No explanation was given why. The breakfast is basic and there were not enough places to sit. Furthermore, due to the party they had the night before the dining place still smelled like a club with glitter, balloons and confetti everywhere.

The mattress was very good. The room size was decent and the staff friendly.

Good location, service and breakfast. Good price. The overall feel of the hotel is oldschool

View from the window was to a dirty inner yard full of walls. If you expect to have romantic stay - thats not for you. For business stay thats absolitely fine

Location and breakfast was nice

Definitely central and not expensive.

When you get into the hotel you feel like that’s not real. I understood why the rate was so low. Just avoid it unless you need a cheap place to stay in that specific area.

Definitely central and not expensive.

Reception was always there and very kind and helpful.

comment above.

Reception was always there and very kind and helpful. Our room, especially the bathroom was so dirty that I didn't even took a shower and me and my friend left after a day.

Although I was not expecting much, it was still disappointing.
    • Family Room

Our room was above a dancing club with very loud music until at least 3am. Rooms are in a poor condition. Doors don't shut, toilets are not fixed, smelly, lamps are broken, etc. Breakfast is served in a place where it smells like beer from the night before.

Availability of basic room for the whole family (5 persons). Hotel is located very centrally in the city center.

Conveniently located & value for money

Noisy whole night party at the hotel bar prevented me from sleeping just before along haul intercontinental flight Leaking water collected below the sink in the bathroom , wooden floor was sticky & the furniture hurt my toes several times Hot water was at best lukewarm at 4 am

Location was next to the Stadt metro & tram station & a short walk to centraal Staff was kind enough to pack a breakfast at 5 am checkout inspite of a delayed request at 3 pm the previous day

The bed was comfortable, spotlessly clean and with a very...

I arrived to the hotel after 14:00, yet - my room wasn't ready yet. I had to sit in the lobby and wait until it was almost 15:30. The desing of the room is extremely basic: everything was just white. It could be so much nicer to add some colours or wood to the general design. A carpet on the floor could be a nice idea as well.

The bed was comfortable, spotlessly clean and with a very nice pillow. The temperature in the room was just right, and the room itself was relatively large. Many people complained about badly-smelling bathrooms and water temperatures which are impossible to control: well, the bathroom in my room was very clean, and the shower was very good as well. It does take a minute or two to adjust the right temperature, but then it works as it should. The pressure in the shower was powerful enough as well. The location of the hotel is absolutely perfect: it's located two steps away from a tube station and a numerous shopping streets and about 5 minutes by foot to the central station. My room was very quiet: there was no noise neither from the street nor from the night club, so I had no problem to sleep. When I payed for my room, the city tax was already included in the price. So to sum it all up: I was very pleasantly surprised. I've been to Rotterdam many times and stayed in many different hotels, most of which were much cosier and fancier than Grand Hotel Central, but I still was satisfied with my stay.

Great location, not so great hotel!

Lady on desk seemed very curt. First room given was not cleaned, towels on floor obviously still occupied Asked for a hairdryer, was told to come back each day, no hairdryer given in 4 days

Not a lot!!

Was not enjoyable and 2 sleepless nights were had to due to heat and noise, would not recommend.

The room was far to warm and the heater didn't turn off, and although he window opened it didn't cool the room much. The bathroom smelt like someone had smoked a lot in there and didn't feel very clean. The WIFI connection (when we could connect) was awful. The fact that the hotel had a nightclub attached to it is appalling and the noise kept us up most of the night. The room didn't feel secure as the doors looked flimsy.

Breakfast was good, the bed was comfortable but on the soft side, the staff were friendly, and location good.

Well, the location is great, not far from Central Station,...

I stayed there for 3 nights and there was huge Party going on downstairs for 2 nights. I could feel the whole building was shaking because of the Music they were playing. The fire alarm rang 3 times at night. If you love music and party you can probably go downstairs and chill, but if you stay here for 1 night and want to have a good rest, i wouldnt recommend this place.

Well, the location is great, not far from Central Station, right in the middle of downtown. Right beside the hotel are Casinos, Bars, Shopping areas. The staffs are really nice.

A disappointing accommodation in a nice city.

The room was small. The state of the room was miserable. One of the power-outlet covers was missing from the wall. The radiator was not working (one side warm, the other side cold. ) The knob to turn it warmer/colder was broken. The view from the room was literally on a brick wall. The bed was small and the matras was very soft. The whole hotel looked like it was in disrepair.

The breakfast was ok. There was an English breakfast with different kinds of bread, scrambled eggs, sausages. A decent assortiment of cheeses and meats and sweets to put on the bread. Fresh fruit and yoghurt were available as well.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Basic comfort was almost difficult to obtain.

The heater in my room was not working properly so the room and bathroom were ice-cold. I got transferred to another room in which the heater was turned open full blast but it could not be closed anymore, so it was unbearably hot and stuffy. They had tried to solve this problem by having the window open, but this was obviously not an ideal situation. Fortunately in the third room the temperature was just right.

The breakfast was included in the price and it was very varied and nice.

Good Location but Disappointed by the Lack of Quality

We were giving a room in a non-smoking area, but when we got to the room we had to change it because the room smelled like someone had been smoking in it. The staff tried to find us another room but they had to spray air fragrance to get rid of the cigarette smoke in the other room they gave us. Later as we were unpacking our bags, we noticed someones used underwear was left in the room. We were not very happy with our stay. At checkout the guy at the counter couldn't figure out how to print an invoice.

The hotel is very close to the train station and a quick walking distance to the shopping area. It is in a central location where you can find plenty of things to do around you. The breakfast was good. They had a nice variety of food to eat.

Great location, good priced budget hotel

The hotel is old and needs refurbishment, but for the price it's OK, much cheaper than the Marriott!

Great localion, value for money hotel. Breakfast is good.

Ramshackle

Apart from the reception area, the hotel interior was shabby. Some features had been refurbished, other looked seriously in need of it. There was a great deal of noise from a neighbouring room, and also some noise from the night club located in the same building; all this prevented me from sleeping. My room smelled of cigarette smoke even though the building is supposed to be no smoking and I had to sign a form saying I would pay a penalty fee if I was found to have smoked in the room. My room had a bare wooden floor (no carpet or mats). The curtains were too small for the window so when they closed there was a ~50 cm wide gap and people from neighbouring buildings could see into the room. The wireless internet was at best extremely slow but for most of the time did not work at all. Water was running out into the corridor under the door of a neighbouring room; I reported this to reception but it was still running hours later. I prepaid, but I see that this hotel has a policy of payment on arrival (i.e., before the shabby rooms and corridors have been seen); judging from other review comments they don't seem too willing to offer refunds.

The hotel was in convenient walking distance of Rotterdam Centraal railway station, the city centre office of the business I was visiting, and the restaurant where I arranged to meet colleagues.

Excellent location with modest content for cheap cost.

Property looks very old and need a repair a lot. Smell of tobacco smoke in common places and room. Stucking room door, need to apply force to it.

Awesome location for tourists with no big expectations of hotel - in the center of day&night life of Rotterdam. Cheap enough, not bad breakfast, friendly staff, clean bed and washing place. Towels, tv, wifi in place and ok.

Good location, poor quality bedrooms

while the outside structure and the common spaces are fine, bedrooms could be dramatically improved. As soon as I entered in the bedroom I felt a strong smell of mold. Some flies were flying around in the bedroom (End of November). Worse of all, a strong noise of flowing water in the radiator was present all night long, making very difficult to sleep.

Location: very good, central, 10 minutes walking from Central Station and main places of interest

The worst hotel I have ever been!

Dirty hotel, our room was at 3th floor and elevator was not working during all of our stay!!! No safe, even in reception!!! No refrigerator, no toothbrush, poor breakfast, small and stinky room.

Nothing at all! I’m wondering how they give stars to the hotels in the Netherlands! This was not hotel, just a dirty hostel!!!

If I travel Rotterdam alone again, it will be again my choice.
    • Single Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Property is a bit old and on Saturday night, there was a disco on ground floor. I could hear the noise even my room was at second floor.

I booked a bed, but when I reached they gave me a single room with same price! Perfect! I liked the shower and also the bed. Its is 5 minutes walking from main train station.

Browse Grand Hotel Central traveller photo gallery