Reviews of Hotel Blyss 3 stars

#377 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

5.7

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The location was good.

Shower rack broke on me, arguably not the end of the world but the moving me around rooms and not showing me any love on the bill was in bad taste.

The location was good.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Good location, ask for a renovated room
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room smelled like stale smoke, the carpets didn’t look like they had been cleaned ever and needed a good vacuum. The bed was comfortable with stale smoke smelling duvet and pillow which was gross. The window stayed open by putting a screw through the window frame. The shower had good hot water but the positioning of the shower head meant the whole bathroom got wet. Our bath/shower towels were stained with brown marks so we told reception and upon coming back to our room we had been provided 4 hand towels instead of 2 hand towels and 2 shower towels. We saw a peek into another room down our hallway which had floorboards and new curtains so I’d suggest when booking to ask for one of the newer renovated rooms as ours was pretty gross and smelled like stale smoke. Our room looked nothing like the photos on the website.

Good location. Reception is very pleasant and helpful. They were able to store our luggage after check out in a secure room which we were thankful for.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Nice Staff, Nice Location

My First room (17B) was under the stairs, has the smallest shower in the world, it was overall 3 out of 10, my second room(25) was even worse, I am sure it was not a room in the beggining, it was converted to a room later, room stinks with the odor of sink. Shower and sink was near to the bed (without any door) and the sink smells very bad after using it. Bed was not in a bed frame, it was just a mattress layed on 4 wooden boxes. There were no closet, just 4 metal hangers in the room, this was by far the worst room I've even seen. 0 out of 10. My third room (19) was ok, it was small, but small room is what they promissed in their webpage so there are no suprises, I really appriciate the room and everything inside it. 7 out of 10

Staff were really really nice, I really appreciate all the help they have given me. They were exceptional.

Highly disappointing.
    • Double or Twin Room

cleanliness, overall refurbishment and a better price for the quality they offer, also should have included a complimentary breakfast at this price.

Firstly the property accept only maestro and no master/visa and charged 5% on top of the overrated price. I was put up on roof top and the whole place was dingy and even the bedside lights was not working. The property has got no iron box or iron board and not even a kettle or tea/coffee and without even a bottle of water. Overall it was disappointing but it was quite central and going to anywhere is a hop on the tram. If you stay make sure you come late for sleeping and you'll be alright.

Overpriced.
    • Double or Twin Room

I've never stayed at a hotel where you have to pay everything in advance. The breakfast was totally overpriced. Lots of things didn't work in the two different rooms that we stayed. The owner is clearly trying to save outgoings e.g. one towel per person. How does this place they good reviews?

Not good at all

The room was very small and a bit cold. It has old design, but it wasn't clean. Toilet was a bit smelly, shower went flooded, hair dryer didn't worked. Plus there were holes in curtains and spots on towels. Too expensive for such room.

Bed was just okey. Only good thing about this hotel was location.

I’ll stay here again
    • Double or Twin Room

This property doesn’t have a/c but a fan, bathroom a bit small but good

The room was very spacious and perfectly located away from red light but close enough to get there by tram

Good location with easy access to all Amsterdam

We considered the price to be on the high side for the room and indeed the cost of breakfast which we did not have however. Perhaps this was indicative of Amsterdam rather that the hotel per se as lots of items were expensive compared to other European cities.

Location, helpful staff.

Like the Happiness Hotel of Muppets fame, Hotel Blyss...

Common roach bag, Hunchback of Notre Dame style walkup to the freaking bell tower. Phone didn’t work to desk, so had to huff it up and down to communicate with them.

Like the Happiness Hotel of Muppets fame, Hotel Blyss transcends irony by actually providing a rather warm and pleasant experience, albeit wrapped in a fairly humble package. You can do a lot worse in Amsterdam, trust me.

Only the good thing is the location
    • Family Room

Very dirty rooms full of bugs and small spiders, verry uncomfortable beds , the staff not helpful and the weather in the hotel very wet hoty

Only the good thing is the location

Great location and money value
    • Double or Twin Room

It may have been a circunstancial case, but the cleaning personel were always forgetting to refil our soap and to put back the towels that they have removed for cleaning. But the staff at reception was always very happy to quickly solve our problems, true friendly people. The bathroom is small and the shower does NOT have a door, which means that the bathroom floor was always wet after a shower. This was weird. Also, as I was there during a super hot summer, I really missed an air conditioning in the room (it was really hot at night, but I did not see many air conditionings in the city, so I think this is not a particular dislike). There was only a small "tower" fan available.

The staff at reception was great, and the space in the room is very good. The location is perfect, near Vondelpark and the Iamsterdam sign, very central. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Good money value.

4.5
    Good location and friendly staff

The rooms were shabby, not what you would expect for the price. The hotel is reasonably central with a lot of people visiting to party- they are very loud on their return to the hotel.Whilst its not a bad place to stay if you really just need a bed, it is very expensive for what it is. Expect no frills.

Good location and friendly staff

Girls weekend
    • Family Room

The price was too much to not include breakfast I think €70 per night per person should at least have a continental included but I have stayed in Amsterdam a number of times now and always find accommodation is overpriced for very basic facilities. The garden area is lovely but the hotel is in a residential area and there’s a neighbour who complains about noise (and I’m talking just a group talking not drunken shouting) so we didn’t use it much.

Very comfortable beds. A good spacious room for four people. Friendly staff. It’s basic but having stayed in the city before it’s the best hotel I’ve been in in Amsterdam. Decent shower in our room. Close to Leidseplein area (about 10min walk) and then trams 2 or 12 go straight to Centraal station and pass all inner city stops.

Horrible experience

Simply the most terrible experience in my life. First: at the check in an unfriendly girl tells me that I have to pay an extra 6% for city tax and 5% more as "service costs". Second: room extremely hot, no air conditioning, so it wasn't almost impossible to sleep. Third: THEY LOST THE KEY OF THE LUGGAGE ROOM!!! Me and another couple have been waiting more than hour because they lost the key of the luggage room, and we had a flight. We had to break the door of the luggage room because otherwise we would have lost the flight. I DON'T RECOMMEND TO GO TO THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE

sweet, nice and helpful staffs, they even reserched the post...

There is no lift to get 3rd floor, if you have a heavy suitcase, you will get struggles,

sweet, nice and helpful staffs, they even reserched the post offit office for me.

It was completely different from the photos on the website. It was not at all like a three stars hotel. I booked a single room but the room was too small that I could not fit my luggages.

Enjoyed how central the property was.
    • Double or Twin Room

Extremely pricey for such a basic room and no facilities in room e.g tea or coffee. A cup of tea was 3€ in reception. The windows in the bedrooms are also quite old and don’t open.

Enjoyed how central the property was. Short distance to Vondel Park and Leids square.

It was near bus station and almost 20 minutes walikng to dam...
    • Double or Twin Room

It was really 1 star or in best situation 2 stars hotel It is not worth to pay more than 30 € per night for this level hotel And its light was awful I used my cellphone sometimes!

It was near bus station and almost 20 minutes walikng to dam square

Failure... Of 200€ per night.

Bath was not clean. Hair stuck on the wall, mold on bath s door and on room's sealing. No air-condition neither fan available. Street facing rooms have too much noise!!! Poor and very expensive breakfast. You could expect a lot more for a 200 € per night room

Very kind reception!!!

Good cosy hotel in great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower in the room wasn't good, we were afraid, that it's gonn fell off.

Location of the hotel is perfect for them who walk to see different POI.

Good value and location

I was looking to book a room very last minute in amsterdam and prices everywhere were absurd. I booked this room at a very fair price, especially for the wonderful location, and was very pleased.

I have travelled a lot. It was by far the most disappointing "hotel" "accommodation" of my life.

Honestly, it is the first time I feel the need to add a bad comment after a trip. I cannot understand why a 10 square meter room with: - “walls” made from wood (it was obviously an add-on to the "hotel"-not a proper room) - a shower built-in at 1 meter distance from the bed - a shower door that doesn’t close properly and a curtain that is hanging by an improvised hanger - an electric hairdryer attached to the wet area of the shower - toilet paper from plastic - toothbrush cup from plastic as well - a window to a multi-weed smoking backyard - below average quality Wifi should cost 150 EUROS / NIGHT without breakfast!!! Are we serious??? The thing that outraged me the most, was that being offered a "room" that is not in the pictures of the "hotel" was something that i should accept without a complaint. I have travelled in more than 20 countries for congresses allover the world and this has been by far the most disappointing experience of my travel life. P.S. I will attach some photos of the "room", because if you trust only the already uploaded photos, you will think that I am lying. And sadly, I am not.-

It is located near a tram station, so it is easy to travel around.

If you like snails this is the place for you

The basement room is wet, mouldy and one wall is about to come off due to a water leakage, behind the bed is a snail colony going back at least two years, spend a great part of my night bringing snails and succulent spiders outside, you can feel the spores from the wallfungus on your lungs, this room has so much potential, it doesn't cost a fortune to put a heater in there and dry it out, please do so, why would you want a solo traveler to feel so uncomfortable? I feel bad for giving this review, but I really think this room is easily fixed/enhanced without spending too much.

Location is splendid, the staff is friendly,helpful and engaged, the reception area is stylish and fancy, I had an affordable rate, bathroom/toilet new and fresh

Was a very nice stay. Nice area very quite

Cleaner room and bigger

We booked in and got a dirty room with someone’s underwear left on the sofa. We got changed rooms obviously because the situation then got put in a smaller room where we couldn’t swing a cat with 4 girls. On our second night we went back to the room we was meant to have first after being cleaned.

Fair price,

Walls are a bit "colored by time" No refrigirator

Fair price, location is good (2 min from the Vondel park and Byke rental, tram), coplete silence at night, staff is helpful.

It was adequate but felt quite expensive for a rather down at heel place.

The shower was good but didn't drain well, easy to flood the bathroom floor, bathroom shelf was missing, no plug in the sink. Decor was very very tired looking.

too expensive for how run downed dirty it was and for having no privacy and a terrible bed.

dirty and uninviting room--literally mildew and rot all over the walls, dirty torn carpets, dirty room and weirdly designed. the alarm rang every time I left the room. long smelly basementy hallway to get to it and stairs with no elevator u have to lug your luggage through up and down with no offer of help. also no privacy you are literally looking into the other room which is centimetres away with a glass door. very bad---the bed was literally the worst tiniest thins mattress I ever slept in. must have cost them 2 dollars. never been one to complain about beds---all are same to me but this bed and pillows was so bad you literally couldn't sleep comfortably and woke up tired with aches.

nice people helpful, ok location, relatively-nice indoor garden

Room condition was shocking, would not stay again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not clean. Heavily Stained sheets. Stained carpet. Big crack in the wall with a pathetic attempt in repair. Mould in the bathroom. Bathroom door was damaged and door handle fell off. Shower head wouldn't stay up. Water temperature would constantly fluctuate. Curtains were ripped. Only one electrical socket in the room would work.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is great as well, only a 2 minute walk from Leidseplein.

more than adequate.

The room was quite cold and had a draft coming under the door and thry the window. Also, nowhere to hang anything, including in the bathroom.

Overall the stay was quite good. The room was clean and comfortable, the wifi strong, the location was good and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Major disappointment. Would not recommend to anyone.
    • Family Room

When we first arrived we had questions about parking and payment. The staff was unable to explain where we we could safely park. When we explained the spot that was located on the same street about 150 feet from the hotel door, they could only tell us that they do not park there so they did not know. The next day we had questions about the parking meter not accepting payment. Again, they were very little help. We found the phone number to call about the meter and the staff called the number and allowed us to talk with the parking people. The heat in the room could not be turned off and we could not open the window as it was screwed shut. We did not want to leave the door to the patio open for obvious security concerns. We asked the staff if they had fans and was told they would have to look and call us. No one called. The room had water stained and peeling paint on the walls.

Staff was always friendly and seemed to want to help. I found the beds very comfortable. Hotel choice of taxis was great.

Good value for money

The room was a bit smelly, smelled like humidity. There was a big humidity stain on the wall in one of the corners.

Super friendly hotel staff at checkin. Everything was clean.

Overall this hotel was a good stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no AC and it was very warm that day so we couldn’t even stay in the room for long periods of time. Also the room. And with no shampoos or etc.

The room had a good amount of space for two people.

I would not stay again in this hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was very basic and it was very loud - a lot of noise from inside and outside so that I could not sleep well. The room was also dark and hot. Also they have a surcharge 5% if you pay with credit card which I had not noticed when I booked the room.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful upon check in and...

A little on the pricey side but that’s Amsterdam for you!

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful upon check in and throughout my stay. The hotel is a fairly standard no frills type of hotel however perfect for any type of traveller looking to explore Amsterdam. I was a solo traveller so had a single room which was small but cosy and perfect for what I needed. Building in a good location, while a little bit further out of the main city circle, it’s still in walking distance to key attractions and right near a couple of the tram stops.

Unacceptable room

Totally unacceptable room. Shower cabinet was inside the room and had a broken shower door, so they hung up a tacky curtain, but that was broken too and kept falling down. Totally unacceptable room for over 125 EUR per night. Also a "credit card surcharge" for paying for things in 2018 is sleazy, scummy and dishonest. What kind of hotel in the center of a major world city doesn't accept credit cards with no problems? Answer: This one.

Location is great.

Close to the center
    • Double or Twin Room

Room rate too expensive for the quality and services provided. Tv didn't work the entire weekend; hard to find the receptionist when needed; barely any food for breakfast; bed very uncomfortable; room phone didn't work to call front desk.

Close to the center

affordable inner city stay. great staff, quiet even on ground floor.
    • Double or Twin Room

a little musty or mouldy smell from bathroom, smoke alarm went off twice in the night as people were smoking in their rooms out the window, luckily those people got big fines, the bathroom was not dirty was just a pipe smell, drain was a little slow and shower head was a little old and calcified. generally very nice and i was very happy.

staff friendly, room clean and comfortable, mini fridge, basic hotel style, nicer than i expected, good value fro price

Quiet if that's what you want. Accessible, but very basic.

The pillows leave much to be desired. The included breakfast was not included because we didnt know we had to register for it. Still don't.

The member of staff that checked us in was kind.the hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood which was perfect for us. It's a block away from the tram so you can get around easily.

Good location, bad facilities
    • Double or Twin Room

We weren't allowed to check-in until 3:30pm (official check-in time 2pm) because the room was not ready, let alone genius perks of early check-in! The lighting in the room wasn't the best. And to top that, the bed lamp was fixed onto the headboard right above the head; one could easily get hit while lying down or getting up.

The location of the hotel was the only plus point.

An excellent choice!

The whole staff of the hotel were very friendly, welcoming and nice, with regard to guidance, orientation, useful tips, etc.; Including staff member Nick who has done above and beyond. The hotel is within walking distance to the largest park in the area, and entertainment and shopping center- Highly recommended

Easy bike rental at the hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no one when we wanted to check in - had to wait a while for someone to show up. Also, our shower didn't drain while standing in the shower - which was a little gross!

Easy bike rental at the hotel. And the location is excellent. Very comfortable bed.

The staff was really nice and taught me everything around,...

The ventilation of the room wasn’t as good, and the only way to freshen the air is to open the window which was scary from a safety point of view, as it was on the first floor. Also, the rooms ventilation system was quite loud. But once you turn off the light, it will stop so it won’t disturb your sleep.

The staff was really nice and taught me everything around, like the nearest laundry nearby, a good restaurant around, etc. The room was also not too bad, considering some bad reviews I read initially before I moved into this hotel, which had made me anxious. The room was clean and good for a short stay.

We didn’t get the value expected for the money paid.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a huge amount of noise/shouting at night from other guests on the first night of our stay. Due to the noise we couldn’t sleep so we felt very tired all day Saturday. The room could do with a deep clean (the grid on the bathroom door was dirty from a long build up over time) the shower head needs to be replaced as it is worn by limescale.

The location is excellent.

4.5
    Disappointed, will not stay or recommend again .
    • Double or Twin Room

I Was overcharged for the room. My booking.com reservation clearly showed the room was for 3 people but we were placed in a two bed room. When I told them I reserved a different room with more beds they told me that my reservation only showed two people(even though my email confirmation showed 3) and that I would need to pay additional money. Front desk staff said they would have the manager call me but that never happened. Also in the room, there were boogers on the wall, pubic hair embedded in a clean towel, windows that wouldn’t close, or open, and very poor lighting. Also the bathroom lock broke while there.

I was mislead by the initial offering.
    • Double or Twin Room

I was charged an additional 5% for paying with a foreign debit card in addition to the 6% city tax and accomodation. There was no upfront policy which says foreign debit cards will be charged. The hotel I stayed with thereafter in Amsterdam did not have this charge.

The only positive was that the hotel was located at the said address.

If you are looking affordsble hotel just to sleep over night, it is ok.
    • Double or Twin Room

Windows was broken so we had to keep trash can under it so it can be opened for longer time. Wardrobe door didnt have opening lever, it was broken. Light bulb was dead when we entered room for the first time.

Beds were very cosy :)

Good value for it's price.

Could not tune heating.

Price was good. It's difficult to find anything cheaper in Amsterdam. Location was also good, close to tram NBR 1 stop that takes you to City center or train station.

Pocket friendly. 1 min from the tram station

Small room and toilette No place to put my bag. Kept it on the floor

Great location. 1 min away from the tram station Friendly staff Great rate If you are looking for a low price hotel only for sleeping 2-3 days you should book here

Not worth the money for £100 a night. Amsterdam is such a trendy city...this hotel is falling behind
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel is dated. One light did not work, the floor in the room was uneven and the bathroom fixtures need fixing. The sink was coming away from the wall and the taps need replacing. No air con although not needed in March. Be nice if room had tea/coffee facilities and felt a little more cosy.

Friendly polite staff but no one who went the extra mile. Room was clean, linen was fresh. Bathroom was clean and had good powerful running hot water/shower. Good location for vondelpark!

My stay was satifactory

Shower head holder broken making it difficult to shower properly. No tea making facilities in room.

The staff were lovely, lamp was broken and tv not tuned in but the staff fixed it for me. Very close to Vondelpark and shops/transport just round the corner.

A place to avoid

Room 16 was located in the basement nothing like the pictures on the website. A huge mold on the wall, all walls dirty. Very noisy. Shower head leaking. Television didn't work. A place to avoid!!!

The Location was great and it was a good price
    • Double or Twin Room

The parking was a problem. They send us to a parking to park for 8€ a day. At the end we paied 25€ pro day.

The Location was great and it was a good price

We got what we paid for.
    • Double or Twin Room

We got a discount thanks to the late booking and I got what I paid for however I expected a greater comfort according to the original price. The large bed was 2 thin mattresses next to another, with separate linen.

The receptionist was very friendly and the hotel reception...

The room I chose was non smoking but smelled of cigarettes. There was a strong wind coming through the windows which made the room very cold. I had to ask for a second duvet or heater (which the receptionist kindly gave me). The bed in the hotel room was terrible. It was a double mattress that had sunken in the middle. I had to sleep on one edge of the bed and each time I moved, I would sink into the pit and wake up. I spent the night either waking up or dreaming I was falling. The room was also very dusty and when I put the heater on, it raised all the dust and my sinuses were shot to pieces. For the price, I was very disappointed.

The receptionist was very friendly and the hotel reception and lobby look very nice.

Felt staying in a matchbox...it was terrible..Staff was nice

misrepresentation through images. rooms were terribly small and washrooms were tiny. it was like living in a match box. There was no ventilation, no drinking water nothing in the room.

Location of the hotel was great. Tram was a minute walk away and even accessible through walk to all key locations

really helpful, friendly, accommodating staff
    • Family Room

we were in room 303, and the bathroom had a horrible smell. we went downstairs and the woman at the front desk said it had been happening because the building was so old. she was super nice and helpful and came to try and clean it right away, however it didn’t work that well. we really really appreciated her help, but think some work may need to be done on the plumbing system.

really helpful, friendly, accommodating staff good location worked well for four people (room had 4 twin beds)

€318 for 3 nights stay at this hotel = very expensive for the quality of the room!
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was in the basement, which was very disappointing. The room was claustrophobic and unlike the photos advertised. The decor was tired and the carpet not clean. The en-suite was pokey and not particularly well maintained. Our room was directly under the hotel reception, consequently there was lots of 'foot' noise all through the night. Our room had two basement windows and passers-by took the opportunity to stare in.

The hotel was close to the tram stops, with easy access to the museums and central Amsterdam.

Really good location and friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Heaters were set so room got very hot at night. The shampoo/soap/body wash were all from the same dispenser, shampoo separately would have been nice :)

Really good location and friendly staff. Good value for money Stored our luggage for us as well after we had checked out :)

Location, Location, Location
    • Double or Twin Room

The room we thought we were booking ended up being a tiny room, so tiny the bathroom door didn't open all the way because it hit the bed when open.

Great Location in a really good neighborhood.

Got upgraded to hotel suite.
    • Double or Twin Room

Got upgraded to hotel suite. Room and bathroom which included a jacuzzi bath were really big. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Excellent location, just 5 min walk from shops, restaurants and bars

Definitely not a three stars hotel, maybe two stars if you’re not expecting much.
    • Double or Twin Room

The first room I have been given was made out of two single beds alongside each other to create a double bed, and the mattress were literally 6 centimeters thick. The windows so thin I could hear cars as well as both neighbors rooms. The fire alarm went off during the evening and the breakfast is absolutely not worth 5Euros while they charge you 10/12€. They made a mistake and charge me double at my check out. Shampoo or conditioner are not included, no lotion either. The room was absolutely freezing and the duvet very thin, I’ve woke up few times because of the temperature. Definitely never coming back.

Very simple hotel and after i asked to change room have been given a large double room very quiet. After seeing my disappointment the staff was lovely and trying to be helpful.

Definitely not worth the £300 odd that I paid!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Carpets in the hall were stained. Cleanliness of the room, dampness on the ceiling tiles. Toilet was ridiculously small, had to step away from the shower to have room to soap up. Paid 20 euros for breakfast per day for the two of us. First day was fine, albeit not a lot of choice, all continental. 2nd day was a nightmare. We arrived at breakfast with 45 minutes to spare. No clear tables, no cutlery, no cups, no butter, eggs or cheese. Cereal but no bowls to put it in. Lucky if there were a few cherry tomatoes, a few slices of cold meat and bread left. Only one member of staff in reception(the rear of which doubled up as the breakfast room). We sat for 20 minutes waiting on the member of staff checkig out guests before I could say there was a lack of food and crockery. She cleaned a few tables, brought out forks but no knives and went back to serving customers. After another 15 minutes we left telling her that we would eat elsewhere despite having paid 20 euros for a breakfast that wasn't provided! An apology from the member of staff (to be fair, not her fault she was left there alone) but no offer to refund what we had paid or offer any more than "sorry it's just me here".

Location was good, good transport links

The room equipment is pretty old (heaters).

The room equipment is pretty old (heaters). It was stinking - someone was smoking in the room. Housekeeping opened the window instead of performing a complete cleaning. Housekeeping cleaned the room again after I complained.

the lokation is central.

Thay have some horrible problem with the pipes-so it was smelly as ! Hard to stay in the bathroom and not plesant in the room as the window was opening just a litel and the vew was a wall wright in front of You... Elevater geting just to second flor and if U are in the top rooms its kind of dificult with the bags on the tipical for Amsterdam tight and stiff stairways-seams like more then one flore. the breakfast wasent included wich I toud its clear for the stars they have and thay ask me for depossit or credit card detailes for if somthing hapends-sounds a bit dodgy that they wont You to wright Your pers.card details

the lokation is central.the garden is huge and nice for smokers!

Good stay close to tram and city center

Basement rooms don't have elevator, be aware if you are carrying big luggage.

It shows what it offers. Good relations quality price. Check in girl was very helpful and kind. Location is good you can move easily using tram or by walking.

Was well situated and convenient.

My bathroom and room for the first night really was stinky due to a drain problem and I had to sleep with that smell for the night until the next day when they changed the room. Was not a great experience.

Was well situated and convenient.

The receptionist who was there when we checked in was really...
    • Double or Twin Room

The receptionist who was there when we checked in was really unfriendly and unwilling to help or be nice. Trust me, you’ll probably lose your ratings because of her.

you get what you pay for - value for money for sure!
    • Double or Twin Room

beds were too hard - rooms need soundproofing - need a bigger sheltered smoking area - bathroom could be better looking - very ugly bathroom -

the price

First of all, The Hotel does not have a parking like it s...
    • Double or Twin Room

First of all, The Hotel does not have a parking like it s written on booking. You need to pay parking 27 € a day. When you shower, every 5 Seconds cold water starts to run. The Windows inside rooms can not be opened.

Rainy trip at a good hotel in amsterdam

Tv didnt work clearly and had noise.

The room was clean and quite . The sraffs were friendly. Hotel is near the park and shops . Toilet and bathroom was clean and well.

Would not advice staying here ever.
    • Double or Twin Room

Me and my girlfriend we're greated to two single beds which we had to push together! When the staff we're informed of this problem they said we we're given the wrong room however couldn't do nothing about it.

Very poor, dirty and noisy!
    • Double or Twin Room

When we entered the room we find out that the sheets wasnt changed! After complaning we get another room. The other room was smelling of cigarets and the carpet was very dirty. At night we could hear all sounds from the hall- it seemed like the people were inside our room. So we had no sleep at all during our stay. Never again at this hotel

Location was great
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff doesnt speak dutch The towels had some hairs from other persons on there and the shower was not super clean. Also are the room very noisy

Location was great

Good value for money.
    • Family Room

Although the hotel has an elevator there are stairs before and after the elevator so it can be difficult to get to / from the room if you have big bags (which was our case).

We loved that the hotel was in an old style house. We had a room with 4 beds, it was clean and comfortable with adequate space. The location was perfect, just a short walk to Rijksmuseun where we caught the hop on hop off bus/boat. The reception area was cosy with snacks on sale. We did not have breakfast at the hotel as there were many cafes nearby.

Did the job.
    • Double or Twin Room

Broken window couldn’t stay open. Given twin bed, not double. Staff were sometimes, but not always, unfriendly and impatient.

Good location. Easy check in/out. Large room. Close to tram stop on Centraal line

Browse Hotel Blyss traveller photo gallery