Reviews of Fontana Resort Bad Nieuweschans 4 stars

Weg naar de Bron 3-9, 9693 GA Bad-Nieuweschans, Netherlands

#5 of 5 hotels in Bad-Nieuweschans

• Special Offer - Double Room

The rooms could do with a bit of upgrading but it was still quite comfortable

The wellness facilities were great and very clean. All the activities were so relaxing. Friendly staff and the food was great. Will definitely go back

Reception staff and Spa staff are friendly.
    • Double Room with Wellness Package

What happened at the end made my stay made me give a review from a 9 to a 6,7 in scale, although I was to given my own scale in number, it would have been a 4 in customer satisfaction! I was very disappointed and disengaged. The cleaning lady has been opening my room door without knocking and announcing herself. She also kept knocking every 5 min to chase us out of the rooms. As we have two rooms I have vacated my room first and I am travelling with elderly parents (in their early 80s in age so very slow) and instead of cleaning my room, she insisted harassing my parents to vacate the room. My room was 129, their was 128. She apparently wanted to work in number sequence. This behaviour made me look into each and every part of the hotel and spa. I found a spider next to my bed's head rest. I found blood stains on the curtains (I suspect it is a mosquito being killed), I also found blood stains on the cover of the sanitary bags holder. I was also disappointed that I couldn't do a late "paid" check out. They don't offer that services anymore and also the check out time was 11am! Of all the hotels I have stayed around the world it is the earliest. In the end I left this time with a very annoyed feeling.

Reception staff and Spa staff are friendly. They were kind enough to reply to my email request and tried to accommodate my request for a connecting room by giving us two rooms next to each other. It was very considered as I am traveling with elderly parents. The sauna facilities as well as the bath area is well kept. The Thermal water is absolutely fantastic. I drove directly from the airport upon arrival to Holland to Fontana. It was a great way to relax and overcome my jet lag. I had stayed her before and I am trying stay here at least once a year. The restaurant staff service is friendly and kind but slow. The Sauna restaurant area only serves Tapas menu which was a bit of shame as it didn't include a menu from the other restaurants. One dish was completely wrong. For Tapas they had Tortilla which is a baked egg with potato but they made Nachos (Tortilla chips with grilled cheese, sour creme, salsa and sour creme). What happened at the end made my stay made me give a review from a 9 to a lower scale. Should I have been able to give my own scale in number, it would have been a 4 in customer satisfaction! I was very disappointed and disengaged. The cleaning lady has been opening my room door without knocking and announcing herself. She also kept knocking every 5 min to chase us out of the rooms. As we have two rooms I have vacated my room first and I am travelling with elderly parents (in their early 80s in age so very slow) and instead of cleaning my room, she insisted harassing my parents to vacate the room. My room was 129, their was 128. She apparently wanted to work in number sequence. This behaviour made me look into each and every part of the hotel and spa. I found a spider next to my bed's head rest. I found blood stains on the curtains (I suspect it is a mosquito being killed), I also found blood stains on the cover of the sanitary bags holder. I was also disappointed that I couldn't do a late "paid" check out.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Do yourself a favor and take a 3 nights vacation in this property
    • Special Offer - Double Room

They only have twin beds and twin blankets, rather than double. We scheduled vegan options for the restaurant, as it should be booked in advance and for some reason the message haven't gone through to the chefs, even though we received a confirmation in email on this request. Luckily on 2 out of the 3 nights, the chefs were creative enough and gave us the best meals of our lives!

Take the Half-Board option. Their restaurant is amazing! Lovely thermal and really nice saunas.

Relaxing short spa break

Restaurant a little pricey

Spa facilities. Drinks inclusive at reception area

I think they should specify in their advertising that many...
    • Double Room with Wellness Package

I think they should specify in their advertising that many saunas and pools are in the nude.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

The fine dining restaurant
    • Double Room with Wellness Package

Service and lack of extra classes such as meditation and yoga.

The fine dining restaurant

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Alles war Supper

Alles

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

Good and clean room, decent breakfast.

Noise from the highway, also at night, also with all windows closed. When a van passes, the whole building shakes and vibrates. Wine in the brasserie of very poor quality and very standard range of choice. Food in the brasserie also rather poor in quality (red wine sauce with the beef didn't resemble anything like red wine.

Good and clean room, decent breakfast. Thee and coffee available for free all day.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

A quiet hotel in a picturesque area, 10 minutes from a...

There is a big swimming pool and sauna area where only naked people are allowed. This is not very friendly for people who are not comfortable with such conditions - they simply cannot enjoy quite a big area of thermen. Only 1-2 members of the staff speak English, which is surprising for a 4-start facility. Variety or meats during breakfast is very average.

A quiet hotel in a picturesque area, 10 minutes from a railway station. Big park, nice swimming area outdoors and convenient cafe areas. Beautiful and relaxing lavender room and a wide range of massages. Room is nice and clean, food in the restaurant is very good as well. It is especially nice that a bathrobe is already provided, as well as a map if the whole area, which is surprisingly big.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2015

The facilities are very good and good atmosphere

The facilities are very good and good atmosphere

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Fontana Resort Bad Nieuweschans traveller photo gallery