Reviews of Fletcher Hotel Restaurant Doorwerth - Arnhem 4 stars

Kabeljauwallee 35, 6865 BL Doorwerth, Netherlands

#1 of 1 hotels in Doorwerth

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

• Comfort Double Room with Bath

Room sucked - no AC and no draft in room made it humid in late Sept. Also only had a thick comforter on bed with no in between

workout area, food and beverage was nice

Everything was great.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Bed was extremely soft. Someone maybe loves it like that but for my body it was not soo good as i couldn't sleep very well.

Everything was great. Amazing staff, breakfast and great outside pool.

Nice breakfast, big garden with big terrace, one indoor and...
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The rooms are little outdated and could use some refurbishing.

Nice breakfast, big garden with big terrace, one indoor and one outdoor swimming pool. Overall a decent hotel.

Family visit
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

The entrance on the right is very uninviting

We we're here for the fourth time,. And will come back. I like that everything is quiet and you don't hear your neighbours at all

I enjoyed the accomadations but I'm not sure if I would come back before trying others first.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

There was a glass door leading to the roof in our room. I didn't like that. Our view was of the dumpsters, too. Ick.

I would have been more impressed if the hotel offered shuttle services to events in town. The shower was fantastic, the generic soap was not.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

We booked this hotel as we were attending a concert nearby,...
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

We booked this hotel as we were attending a concert nearby, rooms were clean but a little outdated. We also used the pool and breakfast was quite good. Not a lot nearby so consider this as an option when booking.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

nice stau, comfortable
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Rooms are too small, no mini bar available. Cheap soap, no shampoo. At 7:45 in the morning a team of workers started their work day with lots of noise in front of my window. So I guess they were not properly trained to work in a hotel. HR?

Pleasant atmosphere, polite staff,excellent location.

Beautiful location, surroundings, 2 pools, nicely renovated...
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Very small and outdated rooms and bathrooms, very low (claustrophobic ceilings) and no airconditioning 😔

Beautiful location, surroundings, 2 pools, nicely renovated lobby and restaurant areas.

The area and the surroundings are beautiful (forest paths by...
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The area and the surroundings are beautiful (forest paths by foot and bike, breathtaking castle), the facilities of the hotel are amazing (outdoor and indoor swimming pool, private spa, fitness, cozy terrace with the view of the garden), the service we got from the reception was good ( they were helpful and kind). Our room was fine and exactly what we expected. It was great spending the weekend there, definitely the place to be at for a short and quiet escape in the nature! Really enjoyed staying there!

Pool was nice extra.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Bed was too soft. A bit older complex. Roof is very noisy due metal expanding and compressing with heat and cold.

Pool was nice extra. And fantastic forest all around.

enjoyed our break, lovely breakfast, very friendly staff, lovely surroundings. We would return.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Very neglected balcony, did not look like it had received any attention in years and with the hot weather, it would of been good to have sat outside.

Room lovely but balcony in very bad state and dirty. Bathroom small but adequate. No Air Con and the fan was noisy but the weather was very very hot and it was better than nothing. Bed very comfy

I liked the outdoor area, with swimming pool and playgrounds...
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The room was smelling like 'old and dusty' which is not great for those who suffer with allergies.

I liked the outdoor area, with swimming pool and playgrounds - our kid had a great time. The lobby area is nice and new. Maybe it would be good to also invest a bit on refurbishing the rooms so they match the lobby in terms of comfort and cleanliness feeling

Details make the difference, a little disappointed.
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Not enough bar staff on and a slow response to a request to respond. Air con not included in the room - very disappointing. No pug in the bathroom sink. Bedroom window could not be opened or have ANY ventilation.

We did not stay here as we were sent on to Fletcher...
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

We did not stay here as we were sent on to Fletcher Wageningen, and while that hotel was well up to expectations, it was f urther from the friends we were visiting. Not as convenient.

Beautiful Area
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Our room could get quite hot and we also had a lot of trouble with our keycards -- needed to return to reception to fix the problem several times.

We were really happy with the location. Hotel itself had everything you need (pool, sauna, tennis court, etc.) but also had plenty of nice walking trails (leading to a lovely castle) and was also easily accessible by public transport (with at least two different bus routes, heading to Arnhem, servicing the area every half hour). Also nice; the room had a comfortable bed, wasn't too cramped and included a little fridge.

Lovely area but not great value for money
    • Family Room

No AC in the rooms - became extremely hot - temperature went up to 30 degrees during the day so there was no possibility of staying in the room, no elevator to our floor and we were travelling with two infants and a 4 year old so had to carry all our luggage up the stairs which was very inconvenient. The rooms are in dire need of a refresh, for the price we paid I feel the rooms look rather hubby and the facilities are a little basic.

Lovely location, great pools, fantastic garden and restaurant staff was very friendly

The restaurant staff.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Room. Bathroom. Smell of the room. Old damage curtain. Stayed 3 nights didnt get clean linnen.

The restaurant staff. Facilities for children. Location.

Perfect leisure in forest area with great garden and pool
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Rooms start to get outdated a bit, and some rooms do need an update for bathroom or walls.

The view is priceless, nice garden in the middle of the woods. Food is good, but nothing too special; however, good choice from the menu for meals or snacks, and a decent breakfast. The pool is great, and once you know the quiet times you can enjoy an almost private swimming pool. Tip: reserve the sauna in advance.

Just a brief stopover, so this hotel was adequate for our needs.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The rooms were on the whole, very clean. However, the decor was a little dated and worn in places.

The reception, bar and restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a very enjoyable bar meal.

Has probably seen better days and ought to be spruced up a little to keep up with the competition!
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Having chosen the hotel so I could have a sauna and relax a little before a working weekend, I found having to book a "slot" for the sauna diminished my enjoyment somewhat - what I saw of the rest of the (indoor) fitness/wellness offer was relatively uninspiring too, although the pool looked OK, but my sauna slot and the timing of the end of food service in the restaurant didn't leave me time to try it out.....

Food (evening meal) and breakfast of a decent quality

4 star lobby, 3 star room
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Room was a bit dated particularly the bathroom. Lack of towels, paper cups, dated shower and toilet. Light behind me when shaving. poor ventilation

Lobby is very pleasant, nice view from breakfast area.

Great Hotel in lovely location
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

I have stayed a few times here now; location is great, rooms are comfortable and clean. Swimming pool and gym are much better than at other hotels I've stayed. Easy access to Arnhem, Wageningen and only few minutes from motorway.

We arrived at around mid night after a flight from Cairo.

We arrived at around mid night after a flight from Cairo. At reception there was an attendant who had front door clocked and it took me about 15 min standing outside to convince him we had a reservation (in the rain). He actually wanted me to show the reservation thru the glass locked door, which I refused. I have been travelling worldwide throughout the past 70 years, but this I have never experienced. Did not have time to talk to the General Manager, but this is unacceptable.

Restaurant has really good quality food, breakfast fantastic.
    • Family Room

The bathroom could be renovated ( a bit old and smelly) and the swimming pool (indoor) facilities could also be renewed (no windows, air gets heavy to breath)

Restaurant has really good quality food, breakfast fantastic. I advice to have also dinner in the restaurant hotel. Playroom for kids is great to allow parents to have some relaxed time. Amazing area, take time to walk around the lake.

There was a fitness studio .
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Fitness studio roof was leaking and there were no windows so the air was very stale. Rooms are dated. Breakfast had a good variety but quality was not that great.

There was a fitness studio ... car park was clsoe to the entrance ...

Spacious stay in functional no frills hotel

The hotel is in need of a refurbishment. The rooms and hallways are looking pretty tired and a little shabby, time for a refresh. The fact you only get one towel each is not great.

We stayed in a junior suite; the separate sitting room was great! Lots of space!

Very good staff and flexible on late check out!
    • Family Room

Changing rooms of the pool are outdated, like most of the pool area.

Very good staff and flexible on late check out! Very welcoming entry and reception area.

nice freindly experience
    • Family Room

room could have been cleaner and bathroom out-dated , food was great but expensive

very polite staff ,excellent bar and facility's ,great for family's and children

Disappointing staff; disappointing breakfast
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

We went down for breakfast at 9:30 There was NO warm food left and also no ham, only a few odd slices of cheese and some bread. We asked the waiter if we can also have some warm food SINCE WE PAID FOR A FULL BREAKFAST. She was very rude and only shook her head and said “no more food” I think that is utterly disgusting and borders on theft. To accept money for a “breakfast included” booking only to find that you are suppose to be happy with the left-overs. I want management of this hotel to respond to my complaint.

A good place to stay
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The bathroom was a bit dated but it worked well so no big deal

Great value for money, the staff were good, the room was comfortable, there was a nice bar/restaurant, everything we wanted plus easy parking, I would definitely recommend this hotel to all

Average
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Breakfast Staff not very friendly. English not good.

The outside tables for drinks in the afternoon.. The staff didn't speak good English. The breakfast was awful.

Next time I'll seek for an other place.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Small stuffy room with old fashioned and dirty carpet on the floot. The ceiling was brown of water leakage and spider webs in de windows. Parking place almost completed. The bathroom of moderate comfort. Showering in the bath behind a curtain is "making shift" with it.

The surroundings are absolutely fabulous. Beautiful garden, nice atmosphere, beautiful entrance and friendly staff.

Good value for money, but don't expect a warm ambiance.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Not much atmosphere/ambience. Staff at breakfast tend to be a bit unfriendly and short.

Quite a basic hotel, but not bad in its own right. Rooms were OK. I got a good price, so very good valuw for money. Had dinner at the hotel twice. Not bad! Breakfast was predictable with limited warm dishes (only scrambled eggs with a piece of bacon). I loved the serene, quiet environment. Doorwerth Castle (well worth a visit!) in walking distance.

Nice hotel, friendly staff, spacious room, good WiFi. I am happy with my stay
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Parking was a bit of nightmare. At the time I got there, there was some sort of a convention going on, so most of the "conventioners" parked their car in the parking lot, normally for people who stay at the hotel. I had to park my car across the road from the parking lot. My room, which was 178, had a very small bathroom and the location of the toillet in my bathroom is jammed in the corner. Not a very well designed bathroom. Very small TV in the room and not all the TV channels worked that were supposed to work. NO ELEVATOR!? What the heck??? Also, way too many doors to go through when walking from reception to the actual room. Thin walls, so if you have loud people next door, you WILL hear them.

The location of this hotel is quite nice. Surrounded by trees and it looks massive from the outside. The staff was very friendly and the room I stayed in was very spacious. I slept very well at the hotel. The breakfast was also good. Good WIFI. Parking the next day AFTER the convention (on that particular day) was over was good.

Great hotel
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The hotel was fantastic, very clean and comfortable room. Excellent breakfast. Just wished I could have stayed longer. Would definitely return again.

Very pleasant and comfortable
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

the bathroom facilities were dated and while it was clean there were signs of mould on thye tiles

Food and service were excellent, breakfast was very good, bed was very comfortable

Food was good, breakfast good selection, eggs not so good.

Nothing but the eggs.xxx

Food was good, breakfast good selection, eggs not so good. Swimming pool was good surroundings excellent , a very beautiful tranquil place. Would stay there again.xxx

Overall it is a good place to stay!!

Rooms were good and hotel was located in a quiet locality so I enjoyed my stay however rooms were not very spacious. Overall it is good place to stay.

Very nice location. But ?
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The rooms(249) and the floor 2nd, Have seen better times! The claim that it was complete renovation in 2013 is strange ether there has been no mainance since or they missed our room. There were stains on the carpet wire hanging out of the wall under the sink, Hole in the cealing, The net curtains were ripped in sevetal places. And it was very hot and humid. As there were only sliding windows it was not posible to air properly. We did not bother with breakfast as the 25€ sounded to expensive. If you wanted a evening meal you had to book a table!

Beds comfortable.

Efficiency in the restaurant. Limited menu, not value for money. Hotel quite run down, in need of refurbishment.

Beds comfortable. Reception staff friendly and helpful.

A very enjoyable stay I would go again
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Climbing into the bath was a little difficult, it was so high, perhaps a step would have made things easier

The staff had 100% commitment to their work

Nothing bar the restaurant

Staff attitude terrible didn't have a room left to accommodate child not interested in complaint disgusting service she instead walked off on her break never been so insulted

Nothing bar the restaurant

Very good breakfast.
    • Family Room

Room needed refurbishing (smelly floor carpeting). Restaurant did not have children menu.

Very good breakfast. Good location to visit the surrounding area.

weekend
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

What we were surprised about- breakfast. I would say it was very "modest" breakfast for 4* hotel... no veggies at all :( and one more think - work of restaurant staff has to be improved. A lot of waiters working at the restaurant, but every time other waiter is coming to your table to ask if you would like to order something, despite the fact that someone already took your order... but when you are calling a waiter to order something else, he says that he will call his colleague to take our order.. this annoys a little. but in overall H is very nice.

Very nice location, nature is everywhere. A lot of places for walking and cycling. Nice swimming pool and sauna. Very nice castle nearby

Not pleasant.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The reception staff supervisor, she was very rude after I explained that we didn't get the room we booked for. There was bad communication. Even with a threat that if we didn't accept she would give us "the room we wanted"..very very rude. The bathroom air smells. There was not enough soap filled in the tubes on the wall. The bathroom with no bath and a toilet in the corner is too simple. There was no air conditioning in the room, but a simple standing fan. I really wonder why this is a 4 star hotel.

The beds mattresses were comfortable. The parking was free. The staff excluding the reception staff, were friendly.

Highly Recommended. Breakfast, Pool, Gym & Sauna Balance Out Average Rooms.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

There was a false fire alarm during my stay. But that wouldn't deter me staying here again; for business or pleasure. Book with confidence.

Excellent & extensive buffet breakfast. My room was clean & well maintained. The large indoor pool, & private sauna (tip: reserve when you check-in) are all free to guests and particularly nice. The gym is clean & well equipped with a treadmill, X-trainer and plenty of weights. Lots of free parking. Bar area is spacious & has access to the well-tended hotel grounds. WiFi as advertised. Happy with my long weekend stay. My room included an empty fridge & hairdryer.

Family hotel with friendly staff.

The place needs and urgent overhaul and the gardens are run down hence it screams for a gardening action! With a little investment the garden could be turned into a first class park. The rooms - especially the bathrooms need new interior.

The hotel is situated in a nice forest location, has a nice lobby and great terrace overlooking the gardens.

Great Stay in an ecellent hotel
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Slight obnoxious smell when entering the outside entrance located in the small enclosed space in the side entrance next to the cycle parking area. I did notice that the staff had attempted to address this problem with sweet smelling containers.

The hotel is in a nice location, staff are very good and helpful. The hotel is clean and relatively quiet. Hotel facilities are outstanding. I only eat breakfast which again was very good with excellent and very helpful servers. This was my second stay in the Hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Bar and restaurant layout was good
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Insulation between rooms was not great TV / radio from next room could be heard through the walls rather easily

Bar and restaurant layout was good

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Good overall but needs to pay attention to some of the details

The 'pool table' is not a pool table but a carom billards table and the cues are in a poor state of repair. Put an american pool table in or at least maintain the current table to a playable standard. The darts and fusball table are in a separate room that is kind of hidden away and also doubles as a function room so when there is something going on there it's not so easy to access. The lake golf holes are not well marked and there were flags missing from many of the holes. Most people won't care about these games but my family loves to play these kind of things and it's a bit disappointing when you read about them and then they are not maintained/easy to access.

Set in lovely grounds with a some nice activities such as lake golf and 2 swimming pools. It's close to Arnhem where there are a lot of historical WWII sites. The suites are spacious and clean and heating is good.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

God hotel

No conditionned air

Good location, calm.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

It was good and i got a good nights rest
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Good and comfortable bed. I liked the surroundings of the hotel. I had diner and breakfast and it was good.

This is a great hotel in a wonderful part of the World. I will definitely be back.

Warm welcome. Welcome drinks! Very comfortable and spacious rooms. Great facilities. Excellent food.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Terrible internet.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Terrible internet. Strange rooms.

Stay here

No complain t's at all.

The best place we have stayed by a long way.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Kamer was sleets

Kamer was sleets

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Very nice place to relax

Very nice place to relax

The internet connection is really bad.
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

The internet connection is really bad. You cannot stay log in for 2 mins.

It was very heat and fan is not good , more over freeze is...
    • Family Room

It was very heat and fan is not good , more over freeze is not working

Excellent location.

The only downside I can make about this hotel would be the lack of air conditioning in the bedroom. But the weather was exceptionally hot.

• Comfort Double Room with Bath

Bath squeaked as soon as you got in it. The lake was a bit mucky

The food was good and the service

Location and roomprice

BEDROOM VERY SMALL, NO AIR-CON

NICE LOCATION, FOOD VERY GOOD

Fletcher hotel
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Very nice quiet hotel, with a good room and very nice staff

Fantastic stay with a very spacious suite !

Breakfast could have had more variety . They mixed the eggs and bacon which wasn’t right for vegetarians

Food was not good first evening and much better second time

Food was not good first evening and much better second time

Nice location with beautiful views and nature.
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Wifi, actually I couldn't get access to it.

Nice location with beautiful views and nature.

Nice location, reasonably priced
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Lovely location. Warm modern entrance with a modern bar and restaurant. Good price quality ratio.

quite good

soundproof is not so good,3 star level breakfast

pet friendly,good Wi-Fi,free parking

Morgenmaden var god, men dyr!
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

Morgenmaden var god, men dyr!

Very nice place, comfortable room.
    • Comfort Double Room with Shower

Very nice place, comfortable room. friendly atmosphere!

Nice short family stay

Nice family rooms. Great location in the woods

Good.
    • Family Room

Breakfast no much variation and no fresh orange juice

Location. Pets allowed

excellent
    • Comfort Double Room with Bath

very good hotel friendly staff excellent facility