Reviews of West Side Inn Amsterdam 3 stars

Voorburgstraat 250, Slotervaart, 1059 VD Amsterdam, Netherlands

#349 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

6.1

6.2

Non basic facilities. We expected at least a few glasses in the room for Hari drink water. Rooms were super noisy and you can literally hear people walk and flush their toilets every single time. Couldn’t sleep at all. Plus a mosquito problem. The check in staff are nice and polite but that’s the only good thing about this place. Very disappointed and feels like a waste of money.

Property is under remodeling, not nice looking. Workers starts hammering from 8am, you better wake up, if you went to sleep late the night before, be sure you will not be able to sleep after 8am

The fact it is being totally refurbished of which I was not aware of it was a building site!

The location to the tram was good given you thought you had arrived in some derelict district! Not very nice area.

renovations were going on and it's about 25 mins tram journey from central

the room was very clean and beds were comfortable. there was a bar and breakfast was pretty good, staff were helpful and nice. I would recommend to book directly on website and not on booking.com as they took a deposit and wasn't clear about when it comes back to your bank account

• Quadruple Room

Actual condition was different with pics on web, shower not working well (only warm-hot water), didn’t get informed that there’s construction at place.

Friendly staff, great breakfast

The worst place I have stayed in, people smoking weed outside, yelling at 1:00am, running on the aisles, and only for 130€, the cheapest nightmare one can get.

The surrounding area was a little run down and derelict but clear that alot of construction needed in area aswell as the hotel itself this place will look great when it's all done, not even an issue tbh.

When we got to the hotel we were expecting the worst place imaginable because of the negative reviews, Couldn't be more relieved to walk through those doors to see a nice reception area, smiling staff and a nice bar seating area, when we goto the room we still felt like we wer gunna see shabby rooms and walked into a great room fresh towels(everyday) and a fan already on for us so room wasn't as hot. For price it was great Staff great Comfy and chilled atmosphere Yes there's construction but we only ever heard vehicles coming and going die to open window but no lost sleep or frustration. I would definitely go back and will recommend to work friends traveling in August.

Room in the middle of the construction site and work in progress. Early in the morning, work in progress woke us up. I had the workers next to my bed, the window could not be opened, and the fan in the bathroom did not work. The room was cold and the radiator and air conditioner did not work. I had specifically asked that the room be cleaned well for dust allergy problems, under the beds it was full of dust, but if it was something superficial I would have also avoided writing, but it was really so. it is not a three-star service. We would have done better staying in a one-star hotel right in the center. We would have saved money for hotel and public transport. The reception staff was cold and not friendly. In addition we have been told that they could not have lunch or dinner.

Near to center

Drugs bag found in room on floor .Unclean, broken sockets , faulty electrics , mouldy bathroom , broken lamps. No use of window as builders out side on scaffolding.

Had booked two 3bed rooms and checked in later that evening. Rooms are very basic, old , faulty and dirty. Room 1) was cleanish , but had a broken toilet, sockets and wonky lamps. The view was scaffolding boards and work materials which ment we couldn’t open our window in fear someone could walk straight across from another room and in. Meaning no aircon and not fresh air. Room 2) firstly there was hair all over the shower and wall. Bin used and used cotton wool pads on the side. Fag ash all over the windowsill. Completely uncleaned. We went down to the reception to complain and got given a new room. This was cleaner still the same very basic faulty room. With lamps barely standing up , no electric down one side of the room and curtains that didn’t even reach letting daylight in. But this time we where greeted with a drug bag on the floor in the room.(imagine if we had our kids) this being completely unacceptable we headed down to the reception to speak the the manager. This being the second room change at a very late hour was extremely disappointing. We got told there was no rooms and no cleaners but tomorrow we could be changed to a new room and 3 people can have a free breakfast. 10pm at night on only 3 hours sleep you just accept the new room and look forward to a cleaner environment to enjoy the rest of your stay in. On a normal basis with more time and options I would of asked for a refund and found some where else to stay. Unclean is something but a drug bag on floor is another. The upgraded room was great, shame it took all this to get us to a clean decent room. Breakfast was also good. But the renovation has massively effected the look of the hotel and effects the room windows.

As soon as we arrived we saw building under construction and it wasn’t appealing at all.

Cleanless, stuff and photos of the room were as on photos on the website

Everything - Staff was rude, during check in when we need clarifying issues. - Even though we had paid late check out, there were people in our bedroom away before checkout time and the keys stopped working we had to exachange them many times - The rooms smell horrible, both of them, as dump and dust. Beds were extremely narrow, the room in which I stayed was not cleaned properly. there was always things left on the corridor. Even though we paid full price we stayed in some part of the hotel that looked temporary - Bathroom were disgusting. - There were refurbishment going one, so there was noise and we could not get the lifts as they were trasporting materials. - DO NOT have breakfast there, for 10 euros you can wal for 5 min and go to a locol cafe 200 m far and near the tram stop which offers better food.\ I WILL NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL AGAIN For the price we paid I was extremely disappointed!

Nothing, a complete disappointment!

Was a lovely friendly hotel , we knew there was going to be some building work happening only affected not being able to have dinner in the evening there . Room was comfortable a little too warm at times but supplied a fan . Lovely walk in shower .

For now Hôtel is on reconstruction! So it might be very noisy but for us it is not so bad, coz we have had good room. No room service. No place to relax outside near hotel. No coffee at morning in the bar. No any bars or restaurants around the hotel, so you need to move to the center.

Good breakfast. Good stuff. Wending machine in lobby:)

I did not realize that the double occupancy rooms did not come with AC. It was like a furnace in the middle of the day, sweating a lot. If you kept the windows open, the dust and noise from the construction was bothering us. We requested to change to a triple occupancy room, just so we would have AC, but there were no availability. The construction area is not just outside, with a toddler we were nervous with the machinery inside the hotel room. They should have more sings etc. in the hotel floors warning people. This hotel certainly has a lot of potential once the renovation in completed.

I had booked two rooms ( a double bed room and a triple occupancy room) - I have only positive things about the triple occupancy room, the rooms were clean and despite being in the middle of the construction zone, it didnt bother me as much and I was able to get a good nights sleeps. I also liked the fact that the tram was easily accessible and it was effortless to get into the city center. The breakfast was also decent for the extra charge. The staff were also helpful and smiling and courteous. All this made up for the negatives ( mainly around the construction).

The room given was very hot and we could only stay on the night. Though i fan was provided but there was no ventilation in the room.

Hotel lobby is good. It has bar and pool table.

I absolutely do not recommend staying here in the summer months - my room was the temperature of an industrial oven. The room heats up during the day time, has no air conditioning and the window only opens by a tiny sliver. When noting this to the staff, a very rude reception employee basically yelled at me, said there was nothing that can be done and that I should use the fan (which I had done and which only softly moved hot air from one end of the room to the other). It is possible that the rooms not facing the entrance area have a more agreeable temperature (assuming the sun doesn't heat them up during the day). If you're planning on staying here, it may be advisable to ask for a room facing away from the entrance. There's also a ton of construction going on.

The new reception looks nice & the mattress is soft.

What i did not like was not having air conditioner as there was lack of oxygen in the room and in summer this is big problem. window opens just very little however it is not enough. also hotel is under reconstruction and work starts in the morning from 08:00 and you just wake up due to construction noise which is annoying.

Property is good not bad, its closed to tram stop 5 minutes max. rooms are clean and on daily basis they tide it up change towels, that is cool. we were 3 in room and was ok. shower is good. well i would say it is good.

- construction works (although the Hotel warned about it) - very dissapointing condition of the room - dirty, used and appaling - especially the bathroom with clogged water outlet in the shower

- relatively good location, not so far from the city centre - professional and helpful staff

Builders do start around 8am, but the noise is hardly noticable.

Had an absolutely amazing time. Tram/bus station is really close, staff is really nice and helpful. Hotel is under construction, but me and my boyfriend were not bothered by it at all. We got a completely new room, hotel will look absolutely beautiful when done with renovations.

Bar needed to open earlier on arrival day. After the journey we just wanted to sit and have a drink

Was a lot of renovation work being done on our floor but didn't disturb us at all. Rooms Lovely and bed the comfiest Iv slept in! Staff very helpful! Location is great. 5 minute walk to tram stop, supermarkets 2 minute walk away.

A bit too far out if the city for us so wouldn't return. But hotel itself was faultless.

Beautiful clean hotel. The staff were extremely helpful. Not too far from tram stop. Lots if building work going on so imagine it will be super when finished.

The room was sooooo hot even after keeping the curtains drawn and window open all day and also not being able to go to the room till 15.30 was a bit annoying as we had been up at 2 am for our flight and was exhausted

The room was newly done and staff were very helpful in all enquiries

Cleanliness of the rooms was low standard, had crusty towels left in the room from previous guests, dead bugs on the wall and floor, window left open so mosquitoes could get in. Tv didn’t work and door didn’t shut properly, staff could have handled the situation better. I could go on but you get the picture.

Was close enough to the centre and the coffee from the coffee machine was good.

Maybe have a 24hour bar/food available at the hotel

The hotel room was so spacious and comfy I had such a good rest for the time I was there. I was a little sceptical due to reviews I had read on here concerning the ongoing construction at the hotel but it wasn’t a bother at all!! I hardly saw any construction workers while I was there and I wasn’t disturbed at all. The staff were so helpful and pleasant I would definitely stay there again when I return to Amsterdam! And the location was great there’s a lot of shops around if you take a little walk and the tram station is near by which will take you directly into Amsterdam Centraal for only €12.50 for a 48hours ticket!

There was building extension works going on when I visited so it was in some mess ie the corridor ceilings where missing work men foot prints in hall view from my bedroom window of scaffolding.However staff where knowledgeably and helpful

1. The hotel is under construction. 2. There is construction work on the corridors and the corridors look bad. 3. My room had no window outside. The view was in the central atrium which was under construction. 4. The bathroom had no hanger for the towel.

To be honest, I was in doubt before I booked this hotel due to some extremely bad reviews. I will write present now if I encountered the issues of the previous guests during my stay. The positive issues are written here, while the negative ones are written in the 'Not like' section 1. The room is clean. 2. The breakfast is good. 3. The location is good. 5 minutes walk to metro and tram number 2. Many supermarkets nearby. 4. Staff is nice. 5. It was one of the cheapest options in Amsterdam (for single room with bathroom -- not for hostels, of course). 6. I was waking up in the morning (around 7-8) and I didn't hear the noise other people were complaining about.

They gave us a room in a part of the hotel that was in renovation,very dirty and the first thing in the morning,they started the work. The wifi wasn't working. The breakfast was poor.

There was building work going on but my room was clean & comfy, staff were all lovely too. Tram was a short walk. I would stay again. Be fab when all the work is complete.

The only problem was that on the first day was REALLY hot and the room had no AC. But, the second day, without asking for it, they gave us a fan. Also, the shower had no bathtub and the water wouldn't drain.

The room was clean and nice, nice staff, nice location. They cleaned our room every day and they gave us fresh towels. Even if the building is under construction, we did not heared any sound.

The whole of the hotel is a building site. The outdoor seating area is gone. There were workmen around 3/4 of the building adding a new floor and extending the hotel. constant noise, exposed cables everywhere, temporary stairs, breakfast room moved to basement with no windows. No tea / coffee making facilities. No air con. Vending machine not working. When booking in very small print it says "Renovation work in progress" but the whole site is a mess. I've stayed there before but on walking to the building I thought it had been condemned. The trip was for my partners 50th birthday but on arrival she was almost in tears.

The location is convenient for public transport.

It's still being built/refurbished which was a bit of a shock on arrival but the room itself and lobby area was nice. There was no air conditioning and it was very hot in the room but they provided a fan. The pillows are huge.

The staff were friendly, there were lots of snacks available at the bar, the bed was comfy, the room was clean. There was always an Uber available nearby.

Very rundown room. Over priced for mould in bed and bathroom, blogged sink and broken bath room door and curtains. There is a lot of construction in going in the hotel. Our room was next to a construction elevator which started operating at 7 am on a Sunday. We complained at the check out and got a free coffee.I would have preferred to sleep in. Area is not so save. My guy friends almost got robbed at night by suspious people.

Reception area is newly renovated and looks ok. Staff is ok.

The wall in the bedroom was dirty. The toilet didn’t work properly, and we could hear all the noises from the upstairs. I know that the hotel is under a reconstruction, so hopefully it will be better.

The staff was helpful and really kind.

The hotel was under construction during our stay. The room was filthy with several dead mosquitoes squashed on the walls from previous guests (I also had to deal with many mosquitoes during my stay). The beds where uncomfortably soft and the room did not had AC.

The reception hall was nice. The staff was very professional and pleasant.

The photos on the the site did not match the property due to construction that was going on (not sure if the place is getting upgraded, or isn't finished yet). The neighborhood nearby is a little questionable, as it looks like a mix of college student's apartments and a couple of run-down tenements. Coming and going late at night, my family and I felt perfectly safe though. The distance from the center of town is a little more than I normally prefer, but public transportation is usually adequate, except for our last day when an accident suspended the #2 tram, creating a 30+ minute walk from Leibseplein.

I had been putting off visiting Amsterdam because of the high cost of hotels. The West Side Inn was a little less expensive than most. When I arrived the staff were friendly offering me some advice on parking which saved me a few Euros. The room was adequate, offering enough places for a family of three to plug in and charge all of our modern devices. The nearest public transportation stop was a short walk from the hotel, which made the distance from center a non-issue most of the time.

everything, AVOID

nothing , Rooms are like sauna’s - no air conditioning and we were only told half way through our stay that we could upgrade to Air con rooms but would have to pay extra !!!! then when we agreed to that there was no rooms available anyway ?!!! no other options are help by staff was given. barman is completely rude (quote) -what do you want ... hotel says there is a pizza bar .. there is no pizza bar !! so dont be fooled . vending machines are broke or always being fixed.. then brake again.. bar is always out of stock and have no other options , As the barman said what you see is what we have!!?? (rude) also , rooms are filthy as i have been bitten twice !!!! (spiders) (fleas) sheets on beds do not get changed. location is awful, it it beside a social working office hence you will see homeless and drug addicts around and also do be in around the hotel area asking and begging for money. 5 or 6 tables outside for visitors ? so dont hope for a table because you wont get one!!! Oh and there is only one pool table so dont be fooled by the pictures. and its squashed between two tables so no room to even play? oh and anybody can walk into this hotel as there is no checks on who goes where in the place!! so not safe. wires hanging from the roof as there is construction work going on. if your looking to get food in the hotel or in the area . there is none, you will have to go to the city.. we were recommended by the hotel to a pizza place nearby , and we got refused because we were not muslim!! ?? the whole location is super dodgey and so run down.. defo would never ever recommend this hotel to anybody. AVOID !!!

Nothing to compain about. Possibly parking was a bit expenses on site

Lovely hotel, it is under refurbishments but it's very nice! The staff are amazing Jos was so nice, welcoming and extremely helpful.

We had a west facing room that didn't have air conditioning. I don't think any rooms in the hotel had air conditioning. The hotel was also being renovated. The window only opened about 3cm on the angle and the other 75% of the window ( about 3m) was solid double glazing without any opening. The room was like an oven during the day, and the temperature had not dropped at all during the night. There was a lack of air flow and we had our two night stay in uncomfortable sweaty conditions sleeping on top of the bed.

All staff were extremely helpful and polite and went out of their way to help me when I asked for something

The hotel is currently under construction and we were in a dark room with no natural light when we opened the curtains. The hallway was exposed of electrical wires, dust everywhere and workmen at all hours including very early. The staff did not apologise or warn us of this mess. We would have appreciated being told this before we booked this hotel. Very bad experience, never again.

• Quadruple Room

The area where the hotel is situated is quite run down but looks like it is slowly being renovated.

Despite the current refurbishment, the disruption and noise was minimal. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the facilities were good. I am sure this will be an even better place to stay once refurbishment is finished.

Room unbearably hot, window only opened a fraction. Ended up propping the door open with a chair to try and get some airflow. No tea or coffee making facilities in rooms only a drinks machine in the reception.

Large room. Good breakfast. Friendly staff. Although there was building work going on, noise and disruption were kept to a minimum.

The pictures did not match the rooms. It was in the middle of renovations and we were put in the non-renovated section which looked nothing like the rooms in the pictures. The hallway and room at gross carpet and our bed pillow had hairs all over it. The room was hot and did not have air conditioning and there was no fan. The only ventilation was a window that had no screen on it so we got eaten by mosquitoes. Because we had to keep the windows open we could hear people yelling outside in the middle of the night.

No much other than staff was nice.

Bed bugs. The room was like a sauna. They were under major construction, like major renovations throughout the hotel. No forewarning upon booking so be prepared to climb over and through rubbish.

Cleaner didn’t come for the 5 whole days we stayed there , there was no air con and are room was unbearable so we requested to move which we got moved to another room with no air con . The WiFi didn’t work , they are doing work on the building so we was awaked every morning with loud building noises .

Service was good , they serve food all hours of the day

The hotel was not as advertised. It was a bomb site and riddled with mosquitos. You could not sit outside it was disgusting. I cant believe i paid £100 per nights stay. Too far out of the city.

Maybe Air conditioning is lacking at least it was in my room.

Exceedingly helpful front desk. From the tall good looking guy giving me an early check in to another good looking guy who helped me print out my stuff on the front desk computer. Not to mention the most beautiful woman who worked on the desk as well.

• Quadruple Room

Didn’t know at the time of booking that the hotel was going to be a building site. It was a little annoying and noisy at times.

The staff were really nice and helpful and our room was really good too.

I did not like the staff very much. Not very friendly and helpfull

The rooms were very new and clean That was good. But the room had no aircon and it was 30 degrees. It was very warm in the room. Could not sleep. Not good. Why don't you put an aircon in the room when you renovate It? Nowadays a room needs an aircon. When I asked the staff, they told me none of the rooms had one and they could not give me a fan. So not a good experience.......

Our room don’t have air conditioner and was really hot that days.

The hotel in general was very good, kind staff And room new and clean. I like it. I will back

They light room is too dark, and doesn't have guess kitchen, that hotel is far from tram, so I guess I was exhausted to find the way to the hotel.

I get the large room and the room is near the lift.

Our party had a room that had not been refurbished and the bathrooms was quite old. It was clean but the tiles, shower and toilet looked very old. Unfortunately due to to refurb we were woken at 7am on Monday with very loud building work noise. This fortunately didn’t happen over the weekend.

The room that we booked that had been refurbished was nice and clean. The breakfast was very good - a nice celecrion of cereal, fruit, breads,and cooked foods. Although the hotel was not walking distance to the city centre, we did hire bikes from the hotel (very easy to arrange). Tram No2 stops very close to the hotel and can take you straight into the city centre which was perfect.

Hotel is under construction. When finished will be great, When booked it looked great, Views of Canal, ( no you cant) Arrived first day after 25 hours of air travel to be meet with construction site. The wing I was on was not finished. Jack hammers and builders working from 7 am till about 5 pm. Gib dust, electrical wiring, plastic protection still on carpet. Outer cladding not on outside walls and on the 4th floor builders on mobile scaffold were going past my window. Also no air conditioning is a big draw back Very close to Drug rehab building and low grade apartments. Did not feel safe walking around area.

Most staff were nice and friendly

The hotel describes ‘minor building works whilst they update their sauna and wet areas’-the entire side of the building was missing. It is an absolute disgrace that we were charged a full room rate. Work this extensive should warrant full closure of the hotel until at least a couple of floors are complete and ready for occupancy. Paying guests should not be required to stay within the building site itself.

Had a weekend away for the 1st time without the kids. Turned up to the hotel/building site after checking the address 3 times. Walked in to a make shift reception. Booked in and went to our room 306 the smell of metal being cut, wires and pipe work hanging down from the ceilings and absolute freezing temperatures. It was like being at work. To top it all off we were woken @ 7:30 Sunday morning with with banging and ladders being dragged around outside of our room and builders knocking and sanding the doors and walls. The doors to our rooms appeared to have been crow-barred off at some point with massive gaps between the door and the frame itself. All of our party had been charged the full amount for our rooms prior to our arrival- we now know why as if we hadn’t have already paid we would have looked for somewhere else to stay without a doubt.

the special chemical spell for cleaning. Room is a little bit dark and humid. Any ways, it is worthy the money you pay. They have newly decorated rooms, but you need pay more of course.

Not that i did not like hotel would like to see without building work but bed did roll onto side

The room.itself was clean unfortunate the work going on in property

No window in room. Just shoved into a box. I opened the curtains, and nearly smashed my face onto a plasterboard wall because silly me expected a window behind the curtain.

Breakfast - €10 is steep though

• Quadruple Room

When we arrived the hotel was a building site. No one had warned me that the were doing renovation works, and the noise was outrageous! We were woken up early by loud banging... if we had been told we wouldn’t have stayed here. The air conditioning in the room was faulty and constantly dripped water onto the bed underneath it, meaning we had to move the room around just to be able to sleep. The door was faulty and took several attempts to close it, leaving us anxious about whether our stuff was safe when we left the room. The wet room bathroom was not suitable as the glass shower shield was not long enough meaning the water came out of the main bathroom door soaking the floor around it. There was no window to open in the room for fresh air, however our room was full of mosquitos constantly leaving us all covered in bites. When we got to the location, we were overcharged the amount we had been quoted but were told there was nothing the hotel could do! Overall we were not satisfied or impressed with this hotel.

Free safe in the room and tram stop close to the hotel.

There is construction work going on but we found it looked worse than it actually was, no kettle or tea/coffee in room,

Staff were fantastic, couldn't do enough for you, quick tram ride into the centre, rooms were lovely and beds extremely comfortable

The hotel was under construction and our room was right beside the construction so the room was quite dusty and dirty. The staff however was helpful and allowed us to check-in earlier which was great.

My partner and I are covered in bites from presumably bed bugs as they only starting showing up in the mornings. The cleaner never once changed our bed sheets over the four nights,we weren't given new shampoo or soap,or even new toilet roll, it had to be requested. There was no tea or coffee in the rooms. The website said they had a full restaurant and when we got there there was only pizza at the bar. The construction covered the place in sand,once sitting out side the wind blew sand all over us. The noise of the construction first thing in the morning made it impossible to sleep. We were on the first floor and that entire floor was being renovated so imagine the noise. It was about 25 minutes from the train station,and a very secluded and dodgy area. All in all,will not be returning.

The staff were nice and helpful.

Was very bad ventilation and very hot in the room. It was impossible to keep window opened as the smoke from all kind of cigarettes and cannabis was coming up from terrace. Not always good for two people to stay under one cover. The cover was not suitable for the season.

It was a good communication by public transport to the city center. Walking distance to cafes and restaurants to eat. Staff was very much helping. Room was clean, bed was comfortable.

The hotell was a contstruction yard! The workers started to drill and make other loud noises at 7.30am! So sleeping was hard and the hotell smelled dusty and fusty. The pictures on Booking.com doesn’t respond to the truth. They are illustrative drawings.

Nice and friendly staff

reception experience was a let down a there was a long wait the hotel is actuallt a building site with all the smells, dirt and workmen actually inside to prove it when I got to the room there was no electricity so back down to reception and another long wait - but this time I interupted the reception to ask for a resolution no kettle for tea/coffee or even water in the room prepare to be wakened at 7:30 whether you like it or not as workmen start then and its loud also woke with little red marks that I later realised were flea bites - not amused and no it was not mosquito bites, I'm a doctor and know the difference! Air conditioning works but makes a hell of a din every eight minutes or so as it gulgs and gurggles away - it needs topping up with coolant fluid The housekeeping was minimal in the extreme, hrow back the sheets, empty the bin and new towels on the bed - clean the surfaces or hoover the floor? you'll be lucky

Not a lot!

The room was quite spacious, and well equipped. However, there is only one hopper window that opens slightly, which doesn't allow for much of an airflow, and there was no air conditioner - so on a warm sunny day the air was sort of tough.

This is my second time at this hotel. Very good balanse of price, quality and location. It is undergoing reconstruction, for the second year now, but it doesn't interfere with the stay at the hotel, and its improving its looks. This year the reception hall looks way better than last year. The breakfast is quite nice, the location is really good. Tram 2 - 4 stops to museumplein (15 minutes), and goes all the way to central station (30 - 40 minutes). The metro is also very near.

During our stay in the hotel there was construction things in the hole hotel. Nobody inform us that during our stay they will make recontraction. Very noize and dusty...

Pictures of outside and inside of the hotel did not look like it did online. We thought we were getting 3 single beds but we got one big king size bed frame with 3 single bed mattresses put together. The hotel was under construction and renovation when we arrived. This was incredibly annoying as we constantly woke up to construction and drilling noise everyday. Occasionally, the lift would stop working which was frustrating as we were on the 3rd floor and would have to walk up and down the stairs after long days. Room was uncomfortably warm as our air con did not work and when it was fixed by maintenance we could still not use it as it was leaking. Lastly, there were cracks in shower tiles in the bathroom

The location was fantastic. The hotel was 30 minutes by metro and train to the airport and 30 minutes by tram to the city centre. Staff was very polite and helped with queries very fast. They also allowed us to leave us luggage in the hotel on the day of checking out while we waited to leave for the airport. This hotel was very affordable and is perfect if you plan to spend most of your time outside and literally only go back to the hotel to sleep and wake up.

- fresh towel repeatedly left on toilet lit - dirt on toilet tank - yellow liquid on shelf above bathroom sink - sealing material on window broken

- friendly staff

The hotel was still under renovation or construction, so many amenities were absent. They should have compensated for that. Moreover they locked my money after booking and charged my card again for payment. I haven't received my locked money back yet!

The staff behavior and cleanliness were satisfactory! Good washroom!

The structure is under strong refurbishment. In practice, at the present moment, you are living in a building site with temporary doors, stairs, walls and a lot of cables and tubes passing on your head. We are not certain but have strong suspect that also the security rules may not be completely fulfilled (at least with respect to the Italian ones). In my opinion, the most uncorrect thing is that absolutely no mention of this situation was present on Booking site at the moment of our reservation and the prices were the same as in standard conditions. The staff was kind and rather helpful.

Ongoing construction. The room we were in looked like it hadn’t been renovated for years. There was paint coming off the door and the hallway to the room had exposed wiring on the ceiling.

Staff was friendly. On site bar.

I feel that when you are going through major renovations and dust, noise, lack of facilities, and cleaning of the facility is low due to the above. You should email your clients regarding this and apologise for same. The price needs to be greatly lowered. I would not stay again. regards Moreland McDiarmid

the room was very diappointing. The smell coming from the bathroom was disgusting and we couldn;t open the windows due to works being completed. There was also draught everywhere due to the renovation works, and much more noise than was advised. When we complained at check out time, we were advised we should have mentioned this on the first night, however, after travelling for many hours to get there, we were just too tired to fuss and trying to sleep.

Breakfast was fabulous, and the staff were frinedly.

I booked this hotel looking at the online pics and facilities etc, and proximity to tube station. However the hotel is undergoing renovation and is not in a good condition at all. They should have informed. guests that there will be building works going on. No tea or coffee/hair dryer/water in rooms, for the price they charged it was quite disappointing.

The location is good.

windows were directed to internal part of hotel, you feel like in prison. No queen size bed for 3 person room! Construction were running and annoying every morning!

nice service

The building site, the scaffold outside the bedroom windows, intimidating locals wandering into the outside are asking for cigarettes and rifling through the ashtrays for joint ends

The manager allowed everyone to smoke weed outside the main entrance

Browse West Side Inn Amsterdam traveller photo gallery