Reviews of Hilton Rotterdam 5 stars

#16 of 61 hotels in Rotterdam

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Nice , clean & exceelent place to stay in
    • King Executive Suite

The Clube House of the hotel was not properly managed by hotel , no representative most of the time food not up to expectations .

The Hotel Very well clean and all staff are doing their best to keep you comfortable

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Nice Hotel in great location
    • King Deluxe Room

The only minor niggle was that the hot food at breakfast was quite cold. Why don’t hotels heat plates? It really would be a simple fix and make hot food stay edible longer.

Great location, near the Central Station, next to a Metro stop and Theatres, restaurants and shopping on your doorstep.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Good nights rest in a great location
    • King Deluxe Room

The Bose sound dock provided could only connect old generation Iphones. Couldn't use it, would have loved to. The tv isn't interactive for streaming your own contact.

If you have a connecting room for your children the lock can be bolted from the kids side. Very child friendly, great valet service. Good spot within the city. Breakfast is nice always changing in a good way.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

It was a nice stay for business trip.
    • King Deluxe Room

The hotel need renovation and there are not comfort in the room. The towels are shabby.

location the hotel, breakfast and very polite staff. It is closed to central station and congress building.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

It is a Hilton, so the rooms are nice and clean
    • Twin Guest Room

They still charge you for wifi. Unbelievable! You pay 177 estos a night and they cannot offer you free wifi? Also , breakfast is a rip-off (15 to 20 euros)

It is a Hilton, so the rooms are nice and clean

A great location!
    • King Deluxe Room - High Floor

The pillows were too thin and gave us a little neck discomfort.

the location is really great; at the beginning of the city center. The staff were great and welcoming, but they need to listen more carefully to the requirements of the guests. Indeed, it was a lovely stay!

The entire experience for 5 days was EXQUISITE excellence.

NOTHING

The entire experience for 5 days was EXQUISITE excellence. I ate all of my meals at the Hilton either in the room (2X) and downstairs in the lovely dining room. The waitress, Sher was one of the most intelligent hostesses that I have met anywhere on 3 continents. She knew how to pair wines, could explain Dutch cuisine and international cooking and since it was late, 22:30 when I came down for dinner, she kept me company and I learned so much about Holland. The young staff at the front desk were so smart, accommodating. The room was stylish and the view was worth 1 million dollars. I was attending a medical conference and each evening when I returned I was happy to open my hotel room and know that I would find luxury, large bathroom, soft towels, robe and great decor. Thank you to someone who works and travels for nursing and healthcare. Bless you Hilton, you really know how to serve people.

The location is super!
    • King Deluxe Room - High Floor

The receptionists were always in a hurry, not giving enough time to understand exactly the guest’s requirements! I booked 4 rooms for 6 nights and I didn’t like the 20 transactions made on my credit card! It should be simpler and easier! I’m a frequent traveller and never experienced such a mess!

The location is super! Near to the Rotterdam central station and at the beginning of the city centre; nothing better!

The low end for 4 stars and price
    • King Deluxe Room

Air-conditioning was struggling but at least it was just working. limited vegan cooked options for breakfast, I was offered an omelet after telling the staff I was Vegan!! A hotel chain of the stature of the Hilton should really start to properly cater for the plant based diet, its not difficult or expensive. A big nespresso machine for coffee is just lazy and creates a huge amount of waste packaging. There was a member of staff available and she could have easily made proper coffee with a proper coffee maker. See Citizen M hotels for how to do this.

Location was good, Room was nice. Had Oat Milk at breakfast, but a coffee machine. I'm Vegan so no facility to make a flat white coffee with oatmilk.

Friendly helpful staff especially Tess in reception .

Friendly helpful staff especially Tess in reception .Excellent location in the center ;all cafes, supermarket,shops, trailstation around you . Very nice breakfast.

Very enjoyable break in an interesting city
    • King Executive Room

We were very happy with our room, the breakfast and the use of the Executive Lounge. The best feature of the hotel was the friendliness of the staff, who did everything with a smile - such a contrast to their British equivalents!

Comfortable and relaxing place to stay.
    • Twin Guest Room

Breakfast service was not as good as other areas in the hotel. We were told that hot drinks would be served but after half an hour we had to find a waiter to request them. Breakfast service seemed understaffed.

Warm welcome from staff and prompt attention to any needs. Clean, spacious and comfortable hotel in a great location.

They first gave me a room for smokers, it smelled horribly.
    • King Executive Room

They first gave me a room for smokers, it smelled horribly. the smoke detector was covered, so it was not just a one time smoker in there. At the reception they pretended that they didn’t know it was a smoking room while others admitted this room was given to smokers Obviously I changed the rooms but I didn’t appreciate the reception pretending not knowing about the smokers room

Exceptional staff.
    • King Deluxe Room - High Floor

The Hilton Rotterdam staff went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant and wonderful as possible with exceptional service and personalised attention to detail resulting in very memorable stay. Loved it!

Nice for a weekend break, but not quite a 5-star experience.
    • King Junior Suite

Fee for service internet was inconvenient, so I just used phone plan data. The room was bot ready at check-in time, and was missing slippers, towels for third person, and a bottle of water. Housekeeping was somewhat unresponsive/timely, and restaurant staff were ill-prepared/trained to handle the demands of a full breakfast crowd.

The guest services supervisor provided outstanding professional service. The location is excellent, but don’t expect panoramic views. The valet and porter services were great. We enjoyed the use of the executive lounge.

Staff were initially quite stuck up and appeared to not want...
    • Twin Guest Room

Staff were initially quite stuck up and appeared to not want to serve us when we went to eat dinner, we were then told 30 minutes in once we'de ordered our drinks that the kitchen was closed. This was an unfortunate part of the experience, they did send chocolates to our room to apologise and gave us a free drink so not all was bad. I also felt that 30 euros a day to park your car at the hotel was a bit steep

below average
    • King Deluxe Room - High Floor

facilities need to be renovated. Dust everywhere in the restaurant. Carpets in room need to be replaced. Would recommend the Hilton family undertake to renovate it.

Staff was on point, restaurant food qualities good

Convenient, reliable and clean.
    • King Executive Room

The usual Hilton decor, boring, practical, clean and not imaginative. Same breakfast every morning, same cocktail food every day in the lounge.

Very convenient location, close to the central station ( 10 min walk ) and in the midst of huge shopping area and many restaurants.

Staf was friendly
    • King Deluxe Room

Booking did not inform me that I needed to contact the hotel to ensure my extra bed in the room. Hilton was out of extra beds, they were all reserved. Hilton handeld this in a good way, so they quickly arranged an other bed for us.

Staf was friendly Great room

Overall, we had a nice stay at an acceptable rate.
    • King Deluxe Room

Expensive parking space (€30,-/day). Disturbing noice from the elevator.

Eays access to hotel. Nearby the City Center. Nice room. Breakfast was fine.

Shirt but very nice and comfortable

Guest services , excellent location

Front office Staff so good Specially concierges done excellent job and found our missed placed bag from Amsterdam hotel where we stayed before came to hilton Rotterdam

• Twin Executive Room

A little disappointed! The food in the Executive Lounge can be enriched. There is no daily added capsule coffee and tea bags in the room.

October Bank Holiday 2017
    • King Deluxe Room

Fantastic location, we were there to celebrate our recent wedding & also my husband's birthday. We received a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite & also a bottle of pink bubbly... Our suite was decorated with red rose petals when we arrived. Breakfast was also excellent, a wide variety of food & great coffee. Highly recommended.

Great urban location, great city and lovely people
    • King Executive Room

That we couldn’t stay longer!

Executive lounge was great with brilliant and attentive service. Urban Views were good from the hotel and great location. Reception were also very helpful during our stay

Wonderful location. Friendly, helpful and professional staff. Enjoyed our stay very much.
    • King Deluxe Room

The bed was extremely comfy, staff were fantastic. Had the most enjoyable stay. Walking distance from Central Station (about 5 minutes walk) so very easily accessible.

The airline had lost our cases on our flight from the UK,...
    • King Deluxe Room

The airline had lost our cases on our flight from the UK, and I was travelling on business to give a talk at an international conference. Your staff were incredible, and gave us a very warm welcome. They provided us with complementary toiletries and upgraded us to a suite which was very much appreciated given our disheartened manner. thank you very much.

One of the best hotels we have stayed in! First class service
    • King Junior Suite

Service was amazing, travelling with a 9 month and 7 yr old, they were very attentive throughout stay. Especially Linda our waitress and the chef (sorry didn't get his name) Linda gave us some great advice too on where to take the children sightseeing! Executive Lounge was an added bonus, where we relaxed in an evening.

great
    • Twin Guest Room

Lighting in bathroom wasn't good enough.

This hotel pays attention to the little things such as a TV speaker in the bathroom, and a mirror with plug outside bathroom for hairdryer.

Hilton hotel doesn't live up to the Hilton name.
    • King Deluxe Room - High Floor

The room was VERY small. It felt like a cheaper hotel with a polished up room. I could have stayed at the Holiday Inn across the street. For 200€ per night I expected more. It really didn't have the "Hilton" feel I expected. I felt I could have gotten a much better value by getting an Airbnb. In comparison to Hilton Den Haag this one is not good.

The location was amazing. We could pretty much walk everywhere we wanted. No tram or taxi needed. A1 location. The view from the room on the 9th floor overseeing the roundabout with the rainbow lights was nice.

Excellent hotel, well worth the extra money!
    • King Deluxe Room - High Floor

As the hotel is located at the corner of two main streets, noisy cars could be heard all night long, even though the hotel made sure most noise was cancelled.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, we were amazed about the cleanliness of the room and bathroom and the breakfast was a delight!

Good place to base ourselves to see the sights of the city
    • Twin Guest Room

Only one comfortable seat in the room when there are two people. The bathroom was very small.

The location was excellent. Most staff very nice and helpful.

Great location and facilities, reception /valet parking staff very efficient, but not breakfast
    • King Deluxe Room

The Breakfast area / service as detailed above.

There was not a selection for my Child aged 4 years. the cereal, was adult cereal, no selection of food or drinks available for infants. Also the first morning we went for breakfast, there was no staff at the breakfast entrance when I arrived, I was approx 5 minutes waiting, even though lots of tables available, but I did not complain. However I was rushed to my seat, where they began to offer other guests coffee nearby my table, and obviously forgot to ask myself, when I did get the attention of one of the staff, they were that busy / slow , I had finsihed my breafast before my tea had arrived . But i still did not complain. The second morning the reception staff allocated someone stood in front of me to a table and then immediately went somewhere, and came back to me some approx 5 minutes later even though there were lots of tables available. then they directed me to a two seated table when i clearly had my wife and 4 year old daughter with me ??? [ my daughter is far to big for a high chair so this was not an excuse ! ] but i did not complain. Once again other people around our table were offered tea and coffee, but my family not, upon asking they said "oh yes soorry about that." The braekfast area staff appeared disorganised not efficient and managerless

the best hotel in Rotterdam for family the room was huge ...
    • King Executive Suite

the best hotel in Rotterdam for family the room was huge with very big sitting's area you fells as you are at your home the prices for 3 nights was amazing , perfect location every thing around the hotel the main station about 400 m

Good location - others is general
    • King Deluxe Room

Toilet and the room is too small. Toilet is not practical, don't like the bath tube - very high and with glasses closure. very dangerous. Room size is too small, no space at all..

Location and the service from the staff. Room was newly renovated, fresh and new.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Location .
    • Interconnecting Family Room

They took 300 uro as reservation with out inform me then was toled me it will be refund after 5 days .untill now 14 days was not retuned inspt that post paid was done for all 5 days including every thing .but tyey asked me to pay for city tax .i hope from them to relaese reservation

Location .sapacois room

Lovely classic Hilton hotel in plain center
    • King Executive Suite

We came by car and there was no one to greet us and help us out of the car. We had a lot of luggage with us. We had to go inside and ask for help. They sent a female receptionist with a luggage trolley. Also their own parking space was full for which they say it's not necessary to reserve a place. We had to use a public one. Our car got very dirty after it.

Beautifully decorated hotel, classic/modern. Great location in the center. Staff very friendly. Great views from the suites. Good space and very comfortable bed. Great breakfast!

A very comfortable stay
    • King Deluxe Room - High Floor

Great location very close to main shopping area.Staff were very friendly and helpful on reception,they couldn't have done enough for you.Would definitely stay again.Room was very quiet and comfortable.

good hotel and service - shame the mattress was a tad too...
    • King Deluxe Room

good hotel and service - shame the mattress was a tad too hard but that's just a personal preference - I however was expecting a bath tub in the bathroom but then again i should have ensured that was the case prior to booking. Good hotel overall with very nice breakfast buffet.

Great downtown venue!
    • Twin Guest Room

The staff was great. Roots was a great foodie mecca! Even when the restaurant was booked for a corporate event, service for just me was Excellent

Excellent stay
    • Twin Guest Room

Excellent location, walking distance to the shopping area, malls, many restaurants and Centraal Station. Modern rooms. Good size. Air con and wifi. Lobby and reception area very modern. Great design. Attention to details. Great atmosphere. Breakfast Buffett very good. Great cocktails at the bar.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Great Hotel in the 'off tours season'
    • Twin Guest Room

For two happy days we enjoyed the hotel very much, unfortunately on the third day numerous tour groups started to arrive. The reception, elevators, room cleaning were all negatively affected. Our room was not cleaned till late afternoon, coffee in the room was not replaced (the cleaning stuff run out of coffee) and the wait for elevators was often very long. The worst, however, was the restaurant where the quality of food and service went down.

Very elegant and comfortable hotel an easy walk from the train station. The rooms are well appointed, the bed super comfortable. The reception is helpful and friendly. Good breakfast and good hotel bar/restaurant the first two days of our stay.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

- very nice locations in the centre of Rotterdam
    • King Deluxe Room - High Floor

nothing really to complain about

- very nice locations in the centre of Rotterdam - very good breakfast buffet, service good but seemed to be overloaded with work - very nice and spacious room offering all one needs for a short city experience - very good and friendly concierge service - free and good WiFi

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

A good address
    • King Deluxe Room

Modern rooms, clean, welcoming staff. The breakfast is a good option. I arrived early and left my luggage with the reception staff who brought it to my room when it was ready. Seamless and efficient.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Rotterdam 5 star hotel is alternative for overpriced Amsterdam hotels
    • King Deluxe Room

Rust in bathroom (bathtub was a little corroded on the outside)

The Amsterdam 5 star hotels are sometimes quite expensive. With the trainstation nearby Hilton Rotterdam can be your base for exploring Holland. Amsterdam, the Hague, Utrecht can all be reached easily by train. Safe bike parking. If you arrive by bicycle they let you store your bike in the luggage room, which is very safe.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Recommend
    • King Deluxe Room

For a busy Sunday morning the set up is too small and there was not enough waiters to clear tables and bring tea etc., those poor guys we running around trying their best! One of the barstaff Saturday night was not willing to give us any snacks and claimed the Hilton didn't serve nuts etc, while his colleague forked over a huge bowl of mixed nuts.

Great breakfast with plenty of choice. Nice bar.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Friendly staff, very quite hotel, nice lounge and excellent...
    • King Junior Suite

It was very cold and raining outside, so a blanket or two would have been nice for in the lounge or on the sofa in the hotel room.

Friendly staff, very quite hotel, nice lounge and excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Very pleasant stay. Helpful staff. Very comfortable.
    • King Deluxe Room

The shower. The showerhead appeared to be a poor quality fitting without any adjustment for shower strength. It was not therefore as strong as I normally have at home. Please go and look at the showers in the EasyHotel - I experienced one of their showers when I stayed there last year and it was superb.

The room. The welcome on the TV screen was a pleasant surprise. The room was, as expected, very comforyable and relaxing.

Excellent hotel, great location.
    • King Deluxe Room

Toilet was rather small and didn't have enough space to hang the wet towels.

Hotel is in a central location. About 5 - 8 minutes walk to the Central Station and about a 10 minute walk to all the other attractions.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Very good value for money in a great location !
    • King Deluxe Room

Very efficient service. A mistake was made with out booking which was corrected with no fuss and an upgrade was offered. The breakfast was fine for the price but not what I have had in other Hiltons. Fab beds, comfortable rooms. The bathroom was very small but well set up with a very good shower.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Exactly what you expect
    • King Deluxe Room

Minor thing but annoying: I have a Hilton Honors membership but the points don't credit to my account since I booked via Booking and not directly via the HH-app, I was told at check in. After all, my money goes to Hilton, so I don't see the difference. I think Hilton is too rigid.

From the outside the building looks like it hasn't been changed since the 70s. Not very attractive, but it fits in its surroundings. But everything is forgotten -and forgiven- once you enter the lobby: spacious and nicely decorated. Checkin was friendly and quick and I was assigned a room on the 7th floor, which has a great view across Hofplein. The room is exactly what you expect and need: quiet, spacious with a big comfortable bed, nice lighting, a mini bar and coffee and tea facilities. A nice bathroom makes the room complete. I had I cheap price with 100 euros, but I am not sure if I would pay 140 or 150 euros which can be normal prices. All in all: a very good hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

nice and polite staff, express check in and out, good...
    • King Deluxe Room - High Floor

my room was close to elevators, I was surprised what a noise it made in the room. wifi paid when you are not HH member.

nice and polite staff, express check in and out, good location, fast wifi, even the bacsic package

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Staff is excellent on all levels: friendly, helpful,...
    • King Junior Suite

The bar was understaffed on Tuesday evening, as was breakfast. The barman did very good efforts to avoid delays though, as did the breakfast folks. Extremely friendly and hard working staff, but not stressed out. This is a well managed property.

Staff is excellent on all levels: friendly, helpful, available, understanding and calm. Rooms are quite recent. Room service and bar menu were excellent. Special kudos to Kevin and Rens.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Short stay
    • King Deluxe Room

Everything was perfect. Room was spacious with a huge, comfortable bed. It had all the necessary amenities for a comfortable stay (hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, mini bar, WiFi, etc.). Breakfast was exceptional with lots of savoury and sweet options. I particularly enjoyed the Nespresso machine which could be used for free. The staff of the hotel were true professionals and whenever we asked for something from the reception, it was in our room within minutes.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Great hotel - fully recommend.
    • King Deluxe Room

At breakfast, bigger glasses for water (this is just trying to find something I didn't like!) and not sure why but I always have a problem with my card unprogramming itself (I know not to have it close to my phone!).

Room super comfy and shower nice and powerful. Reception desk people lovely. Lady came around offering hot chocolate at breakfast - AMAZING!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Good location for a visit to the Oude Luxor theatre.
    • King Deluxe Room

Good location for a visit to the Oude Luxor theatre.

It was just what I expected from Hilton.

can't think of any

Metro station (stadhuis) was just across the street at the back entrance of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Good experience,,,

No free internet,, No free parking ,, Expensive parking 30€ per day.

Nice location,, V good air conditioning,

Weekend break in Rotterdam

In the business district

Staff fantastic, room excellent and great size, well equipped, amazing shower. Restaurant really good.

Location. Staff

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Not the Hilton that I’m used to!
    • Interconnecting Family Room

Not clean, no free wifi, expensive car parking, staff not pro

The Ribeye

Nothing at all

Good location.
    • Interconnecting Family Room

Good location.it is Close to everything. A lot of restaurant around. Very clean.

Great location and the staff was very helpful.

Great central location.

Good location to attraction sites!
    • Twin Guest Room

Good location to attraction sites!

• King Executive Room

Nothing cause we where there to have fun .

The friendliness of the staff and the service .

• King Junior Suite

No terrace or outside place for breakfast

excellent hote. Nice rooms. Great executive room. Friendly people
    • King Junior Suite

There is one big minus : the quality of the toilet paper This may seem a detail, but it is very important for me

Good Hotel
    • Twin Guest Room

Small bathroom, over priced room service , no coffee in a room which is surprisingly

Location was good, clean , spacious lobby

Situation centrale

Back in the eighties.

Situation centrale

Nice hotel, with good designer thinking
    • King Deluxe Room

30 euros for parking? It's absurd!

Very cozy room, with nice touches and all the necessary amenities.

Delivered on the expectations
    • King Deluxe Room - High Floor

Superb location Very friendly staff ready to help on all questions Good bed, good pillow, good shower Good aircon

I really liked it...
    • King Junior Suite

the hospitality was wonderful....

Could. Otbe better