Reviews of Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen 4 stars

Van Weerden Poelmanweg 4-6, 3768 MN Soestduinen, Netherlands

#1 of 1 hotels in Soestduinen

Good surroundings and a good spa area helped a medeocre stay.
    • King Guest Room

The Hotel is jaded. The photo's of the room are really misleadung. The amenities in rrom and bathroom are megere. The description of the balcont and outlook is simply wrong - "all balconies overlook a park" - hey forgot to mention it's the car park. Room service was sloppy - soup had spilled and the cloth and tray were soaked. It was still delivered and left! All in all, having stayed at Hiltons many times - I'm not sure why this hotel is allowed to carry the name.

The spa area was really good.

Very good value for money
    • King Deluxe Room

The room was very spacious, clean and had a nice view. The staff were very friendly. Spoke very good English. Very helpful. It was quiet and pretty. The pool area and spa facilities were very nice too. It was closely situated near local shops and restaurants. THe sand dunes a well worth a nice stroll to see.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

lovely amersfoort
    • King Guest Room

Too much noise in the pool area and sauna, some signs and warning will be needed for "overexcited" people who do not respect general quiteness and best manners at shared locations.

The room is quite spacious, the reception desk were kind and since we checkid in during the week we did not have to wait long. The bath and shower room are quite spacious as well. Parking on site is handy. Bed was quite comfortable and we had a good night's sleep thanks to the shades. Fridge is provided in the rooms so it is handy if you want to keep some refreshments.

Lovely hotel and super surroundings.
    • Twin Guest Room

The only negative experience was when they had put carges to our room that was not ours. But they fixed it withouth problems and we got a sincere apology.

Lovely hotel and super surroundings. Loved the pool area and the relaxing atmosphere. Helpful staff all the way.

Pleasant stay
    • Twin Guest Room

Tournedos in the restaurant overpriced.

Great location. Games room. Nice pool. One issue that occurred was dealt with by the staff at reception in a very satisfactory way.

The staffs were very kind and helpful, the property has okay...
    • King Suite

Location was very inconvenient for us, the entire hotel has a sad atmosphere (very dark) with old (sorry classical) furnitures. The room was not clean (at least not what you expect from Hilton -dirty bath tub, and dust in the wardrobe). We booked a suit the minibar was filled only with 2 bottles of water and 4 pack of coffee. That was it ! Also they were very cheep on toiletries as well. Very limited shampoo and shower gel. No private balcony, all the balconies are connected, you can walk from one room to another.

The staffs were very kind and helpful, the property has okay swimming pool (way smaller what you expect) and the wellness facility was not crowded.

Lovely touch to put chocolate strawberries in our room since...
    • King Suite

The extra bed put in our family suite for the kids was very old and uncomfortable

Lovely touch to put chocolate strawberries in our room since it was my wife's birthday

Would visit again if price would be 80euros/night
    • King Deluxe Room

Deep frozen pizzas for the price of 11-15 euros for the room service!Poor breakfast, outdated facilities, poor dinner menu, extremely expensive for the overall experience. Small swimming pool

Friendliness of the staff, location

Excellent experience I would recommend this hotel to everyone
    • King Deluxe Room

Air conditioning was not working at the time due to they were having a new one installed. Said it would be some months before it worked. Got hot in the afternoon but the window/door was nice to have open in the morning for crisp air.

Staff was super friendly very much enjoyed their input on things around the area and their hospitality. Food was good too very flavorful. Had some nice amenities down stairs to relax have a drink and play games. Got to do some golfing on the par 3 nine hole course as well.

Adequate with some improvements needed
    • King Deluxe Room

There is no power outlet in the bathroom, the option of power by the door does not work, or you need power expansion cord. STAFF: maintenance came to my room, knocked on the door AND tried to open it IMMEDIATELY without listening for my response. Then I said, 'Hello', he opened the door again, I slammed it shut ... THIS IS WRONG, ALWAYS, LET THE GUEST open the door!

Food was excellent - one note to the Chef about POKE BOWL.... you can not call it a Poke Bowl, if there is no POKE inside the dish. Just add Tuna! =) Ahi poke made with tuna, soy sauce, sea salt, green onions, Maui onions and limu Type Salad Course Appetizer Place of origin United States Region or state Hawaii Main ingredients Yellowfin tuna, sea salt, soy sauce, inamona, sesame oil, limu seaweed, chili pepper Cookbook: Poke Media: Poke Tako (octopus) poke or He'e poke with kimchi, sesame seed oil, crushed chili and sea salt. Ahi poke made with yellowfin tuna, green onions, chili peppers, sea salt, soy sauce, sesame oil, roasted kukui nut (candlenut), and limu, served on a bed of red cabbage. Poke /poʊˈkeɪ/ (Hawaiian for "to section" or "to slice or cut"[1]) is a raw fish salad served as an appetizer in Hawaiian cuisine, and sometimes as a main course. Traditional forms are aku (an oily tuna) and he'e (octopus). He'e (octopus) poke is usually called by its Japanese name "Tako" Poke, except in places like the island of Ni'ihau where the Hawaiian language is spoken. Increasingly popular ahi poke is generally made with yellowfin tuna. Adaptations may feature raw salmon or various shellfish as a main ingredient served raw with the common "poke" seasonings.[2]

The pleasure of our stay was spoilt by the hotel's failure to explain the pre-authorisation regime.
    • King Deluxe Room

The pre-authorisation of our debit card was not explained in advance, I specifically asked whether the account was settled on checkout and this was confirmed, but the hotel blocked funds on our account and we had to pay separately. The blocked funds have still not been released 5 days after we left.

The innovative vegetable led menu in the dining room, the restaurant manager Hans was very helpful in explaining it and helping us choose the right combination to suit our tastes, he deserves the highest praise.

Nice place to stay away from worries of the day:)
    • King Family Room

The room did not look like 4 star hotel, with some damages and spots on the walls))

The location was nice, in the big green park, away from noise and worries of the day:). Room was quite comfortable, equipped with all necessary items. Balcony allowed to have some pleasant time sitting and chatting and listening to birds singing:). Strangely balconies were all connected along the floor, which was a bit frustrating as did not promise a lot of privacy, but luckily there was no one else on the floor)).

Great location and a comfortable stay when on business in the area.
    • King Guest Room

The beds and pillows are rather hard and uncomfortable, such that I woke with an aching back and neck both mornings. Breakfast buffet options are limited, no omelette station or oatmeal which I would normally have staying at a Hilton.

The location is perfect for business in Amersfoort and Utrecht. Staff are helpful and friendly. Good size pool and well equipped fitness area.

Excellent swimming pool and sauna and steam bath.
    • Twin Guest Room

The restaurant is pretty expensive with respect to the food quality.

Excellent swimming pool and sauna and steam bath. Nice area to go for a walk in the forest.

It is good but also way to bad !
    • King Guest Room

Bad things: - unorganized( with the reservation system lucky they had rooms available ) - it is way to cold(in the rooms and on the lobbies) for a hotel that has a spa and swimming pool, you can easily get sick...like we did 😂😂 -freezing rooms!! We had bad luck. In the first room the heater worked just a half so we went down and they told us they will bring and extra heater (witch got broken in the night so we woke up with our noses frozen)after they visit our room and confirmed that it was way too cold for some to stay in there! -freezing rooms part 2! So we moved that morning in a new room. It was really nice but same problem. After one hour(we turned in the heater because it was off and went to have something to eat) we came back and SURPRIZE it was cold as it was in the first room and the heater worked less than a half.... This problem has such a simple solution. Is call maintenance, the heater had air in it, that was it, and it took a man less then 2 minutes to “make it happen”!! ( don’t get your hopes up: it was cold in the room after the reparations took place. But it was something that we could stand at least) - other stuff(not all of them) they discriminate by age and/or clothing :)) at the restaurant we were looked at because we chose to wear something that wasn’t so fancy and this does not bother me because i am felling good and i am here to relax... but then we go to play some pool, and the table is in the bar area so a woman, not as young as we are, more like my mothers age comes and asked us what we wanted to drink. I didn’t knew but my girlfriend did so she said it will come in 2 minutes. But then we played like 5 games and when i looked at the time i was angry cuz i saw her taking and serving other that were families or older that come after us , much older people.

Me and my girlfriend booked a room since February(we wanted to go then but had to change the reservation for March) but when we got to the hotel boooom our room wasn’t “booked”. Lucky for us we had proofs that we made it( also some emails about the time and payment). And here it starts. Good things: - the receptionist staff is very polite and helpful and empathetic (they were really sorry for our problems) we really really liked them and we are thankful for their help 🙏🙏🙏 - the rooms are really nice and comfortable plus new(ish) - breakfast included or not is delicious ❤️ - swimming pool: really clean and the water was really hot - some of the staff( in the restaurant) is really well prepared for the job, i was impressed because I worked as them so i know -they have massages -the surrounding are mesmerizing -the room service is so prompt and professional

Lovely friendly hotel in great location for walking and visiting local area.

Everything was great.

Great hotel for our lovely weekend escape. Travelled with kids & another family and everyone was very happy. Kids loved the pool and breakfast was excellent. Very nice relaxed bar area with space for kids to chill.

Will never stay at this hotel again!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's first hotel I've been taken deposits for rooms!! During my stay I've been taken extra £50 deposit- I dont know why...? Total price for both rooms was £386.52 not £ 329.86 ( according to booking.com price). But the worst thing happened to me was chrged me by this hotel £221 for broken doors, which I have reported to staff day before leaving hotel. That is rediculous!!!! I have open the doors from my room and closing mechanism mounted on top of the doors split to door frame and fall on my head, so I have raported it, and still charged!!!!!! They didn't give me clear reason and even receipt for money taken from my account!!! I have never been thread so badly in my life!!!!

Hotel very comfortable, good value for money, good food!!!!! but I have not been thread nice on my stay!!!

nice place, we used to come here quite often for the spa...
    • King Guest Room

the hotel has a deal with the neighbors to allow them to use the facilities for a monthly cost. this means that you should expect some serious crowds. During our stay we had on saturday between 15-17pm at least 12-14 kids at the same time, in the relatively small pool, jumping and splashing. not a huge nuisance, but potential guests should just be aware of that possibility

nice place, we used to come here quite often for the spa facilities. welcoming staff, nicely operated hotel.

Overall liked it and would definitly recommend it if you would like to stay in Soest.
    • King Guest Room

The room we had wasn't super modern or recently renovated. Overall the hotel has a 90' look. For this price, someone could expect much more of the building.

The friendly and personal staff. They make sure the administrative parts are handled quickly and correct. But on the other side, they have plenty of time to answer any question or chitchat a bit with you about the weather (if you like so off-course). Location, was near the venue of an event I was participating in and my girl-friend enjoyed the close-by nature during a nice walk.

A great place to stay.
    • King Guest Room

Paying for internet in your room.

Location is idyllic, and the property is well kept. The gym has top notch equipment (Precor) and various types. I've never seen another hotel so well equipped. The swimming pool luxorious and has a very nice locker room.

Okay
    • King Guest Room

Not set up for people with allergies even though we informed the hotel in advance. We had to involve the manager just to get an evening meal that I could eat. Breakfast wasn’t easy either. The masseuse only had nut oil and as I have a nut allergy I couldn’t have a massage.

Satisfactory and will return but hopefully, standard of housekeeping can be strengthened
    • King Deluxe Room

First day after check-in, I found out that coffee cups had not been washed and there was a half eaten apple in one of the bedside drawers. Bottled water supply was only limited to first day.

Room is spacious and ace with the bath and balcony

The food (diner and breakfast) is very good.
    • King Deluxe Room

The hotel but particularly the rooms are outdated and a renovation would be required to meet the standard of a four star accommodation.

The food (diner and breakfast) is very good. Also all the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately us and several other guests had to leave the...
    • King Guest Room

Unfortunately us and several other guests had to leave the pool area on the last day due to several numerous middle eastern families who came to the pool fully dressed (full black jihabs), with children screaming (some as young as several months old), jumping and splashing into the pool, leaving the saunas open, etc. Nobody from the hotel staff was present for hours to enforce the rules (which were displayed on the walls, but never enforced), so guests just started to leave.

Probably not going to stay again.
    • King Guest Room

Bed felt like it was 5 cm. thick. Quite noisy in the room. A sound like a refrigerator was running.

Great room and huge bathroom. Breakfast was also great.

Nice excepting the few issues
    • King Guest Room

I was surprised to see in a hotel with such name don't put on your disposal a bathrobe and if you ask for one then you need to pay for it.I mean I staid in hotels from 2* till 5* and that was always provided in the room.Same we was surprised to see in the bath was a very small shower gel which was not enough even for one person.So we had to buy this kind of articles for bath.I repeat I travel really a lot and never happen to have this issues.More when a night to this hotel is not cheap at all.

The breakfast very rich and good.The room very nice and clean.The swimming pool and sauna very nice.

Perfect location for mini vacation before visiting client in Amersfoort
    • Twin Guest Room

Surcharge for room service, counter intuitive. Room service operator did not know daily specials and seemed bothered to inquire. (loud huffing sound) (but food was great)

swimming pool was a luxury, as was the scrub/massage treatment booked last minute at the spa

Large size of the room, very professional personnel and a...
    • King Deluxe Room

Overall cleanliness of the room was not satisfactory. I have found used glasses left over in the room and on the balcony, bathroom floor was dirty, some leafs and dust all over

Large size of the room, very professional personnel and a great relax floor area

Nice breakfast, great leisure center lovely area
    • King Deluxe Room

Unfortunately we were not at all satisfied with our bedroom. The bed was extremely hard.. not a good nights sleep & the toilet was separate to the shower room.. not a problem except the toilet was very cramped (small) We were expecting something a big more luxurious from the Hilton

Breakfast was nice & the fitness center / Swimming pool was a great extra

Fine for one night, glad it wasn't longer
    • King Guest Room

Our bathroom smelled REALLY bad, it was disgusting, and the tiles weren't very clean. We asked for a cot, but there were none available so we got a fold out bed (for our very wriggly one year old, not ideal). The room decor needed updating, and I was surprised that there was no bottled water in the room.

The swimming pool area was great, modern, clean and well presented

For us no more stay at this hotel anymore.
    • King Guest Room

low Standard breakfast. Cold coffee. Not extra luxe as promised on your website. Balcony was very dirty . No glasses in the bathroom to wash your mouth. Shampoo, showergel and soap for 1 person. badroom was very old. Gulley was broken so my husband hurt is big toe. We informed the staff at the reception, they said that they can't do anything about it all.

Perfect treat in perfect location
    • King Guest Room

The bar is in the basement, there is no decent daylight lobby. Toilet is clean but can be cleaned more properly with chlorine

Good swimming pool and spa facilities, spacious room and great location

Dissapointing
    • King Deluxe Room

The Hotel is tired and outdated. Furniture was shabby and hardly worthy of a Hilton Hotel. For the price we paid I think it was extremely dissapointing.

Beautiful Park Setting.

great staying
    • King Deluxe Room

big Room space, nice breakfast and service is great, have a swimming pool, my favor also for my baby, but the golf area is deny for walk in even path, can't enjoy the trees and green field, general, it's best one in my tour. The bathroom also luxury for space and facilities for use. separate for dry and wet .

A comfortable hotel, central situated in the Netherlands. Has good facilities for relaxation.
    • Twin Guest Room

forgot to clean the shower a few times during my stay. perhaps a notice to put on door with "do not disturb" as I did sleep in a few times till 10.00 hours

bed very, very comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Nice, low value for money. Nothing special about the 'Hilton' name.
    • King Deluxe Room

Not a 'special' experience. I've stayed in cheaper 4-star hotels that were miles better and much cheaper. Room was good but furniture decidedly shabby.

Nice location, friendly staff, good food.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Pay extra here and extra there
    • King Guest Room

It's a little ridiculous that you need to pay for bathrobe 5€ and then if you ask for help at the restaurant to bring unfinished dinner to the room you should pay another 5€. Really?

The swimming pool is nice

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

As Hilton is expected to be; simply good nothing extreme.
    • King Deluxe Room

It seems that in Europe the general tendency is that the number of services offered is getting smaller. I was surprised to find out that there was no bell boy and we had to take the trolley ourselves and bring the luggage to the room. But the same happened in the Sheraton, Schiphol. Were are the good old days?

The room was spacious and comfortable, excellent bed and bed linen. the breakfast was very complete and of good quality. The service was good. We even got free "Spa" water in the room, which is becoming rare nowadays in Europe.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Nice room in quiet area
    • King Guest Room

Group checked in ahead of me. Would have been nice to have a separate "Group" check in area so the front desk was not so crowded and I would not have had to wait so long to check in.

Room was expected high quality Hilton is noted for. Breakfast buffet was great. Many choices.

Super relaxing and quiet hotel in lovely woodland setting near Amersfoort
    • King Guest Room

Next time we will ask for a room overlooking the gold course rather than the car park.

We liked the spacious building, the good sized bedroom, the calm atmosphere and the good pool and sauna facilities with few people using them. The breakfast buffet also offered a good choice of food.

Good hotel near Soest, Netherlands.
    • King Guest Room

It was expensive. Good value if you had a large appetite, but not if you just want normal portions. Probably would have used this facility each day if more reasonably priced or inclusive.

A good selection of food.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

good hotel
    • King Suite

no valet service. Room service shall bring one bottle of water every day. no special location for halal food. at golf area the trainer was busy all the time for the first day and in the second day there was snow fall. I miss the opportunity for playing golf

kitchen staff for breakfast was excellent

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Dissapointing experience
    • King Guest Room

Very dissapointing to be family splitted into 2 rooms for a reason that 2 adults 1 child + 1 infant cannot be in 1 room. We had to book 1 additional room, there was no flexibility from the hotel to give bigger room with discount or free of charge. The reasoning was very unclear - due to fire emergency requirements they were not allowed to keep 4 persons in same room. For me sending 1 kid into separate room was more riski in case of fire. Do not reccomend for families with kids unless you are ready to book 2 rooms in advance.

SPA, facilities are ok

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Great place surrounded by nature
    • King Guest Room

I would say the only thing would be not super friendly reception staff. The girl there charged me extra money on my card without explaining it was a deposit and laughed at my face when i asked if she needed my credit card physically. At the restaurant and bar everybody was lovely.

Spacious and comfortable room, with enough space for my newborn crib. Very relaxed and peaceful place, from the launge areas to the terrace to the Spa. My little one slept like a prince and never woke up due to other noisy customers or music.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

A pleasant active holiday
    • King Deluxe Room

Reception shift on Monday have not been helpful. We have requested tennis equipment and they have refused to search for it. As a result a worker from the pool area had to call the reception and ask them to give us an equipment. I found it rather unprofessional. Service at the restaurant is rather laid-back.

Well-equipped modern gym, tennis court, unbelievably professional and helpful staff at the Bar. Overall we have enjoyed our active holiday at Hilton.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The location is beautifull, but it's an older building...
    • King Deluxe Room

The location is beautifull, but it's an older building without any charm. The breakfast was really good. The room is ok, bed is a bit too hard for me and the room and buidling needs a renovation.

Quiet location, quite generous swimming pool.
    • Twin Guest Room

Nice buffet breakfast, but there was no choice of freshly cooked eggs (or nobody mentioned it). Rooms were comfortable, half renovated, some pieces of furniture still very old. Bathroom looked horrible, not a pleasant experience to take a shower. Locker rooms and swimming pool floor area not very clean. Too expensive considering these issues.

Quiet location, quite generous swimming pool. Great dining experience (À la carte menu). Nice and friendly staff.

The location close to a nice forest landscape.
    • King Deluxe Room

At the restaurant we had to wait a bit before being able to ordering but they apologized themselves and once ordered it was quick. The price however of the restaurant remains a bit too high.

The location close to a nice forest landscape. Large free parking. Free wi-fi. Confort of the room (very clean and large). Atmosphere on the common spaces (restaurant and bar). The swimming pool is really nice.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Absolutely enjoyable stay. Great staff.
    • King Family Room

Excellent place and the service of the entire staff was great. I enjoyed our stay ver much. The rooms are big and really nicely decorated. Reccomended for everyone

muggen in the kamer
    • King Deluxe Room

muggen in the kamer (insects in room)

We just needed a room for the night to break up a long car...
    • King Guest Room

Room was tired, needed updating.

We just needed a room for the night to break up a long car journey, so it was perfect for our needs.

Pleasant hotel in the countryside, right by the golf course.
    • Twin Guest Room

Pleasant hotel in the countryside, right by the golf course. Good restaurant. Good access to Amsterdam by car. Ideal for a stay with pets.

Great facilities
    • Twin Guest Room

Lack of tennis courts on site

Great facilities

Overall very good

They still advertise that it has a tennis court which does not exist.

Great friendly staff at a great location.

Staff, facilities, great breakfast choice

Staff, facilities, great breakfast choice

• King Guest Room

it’s beautiful and relaxing place with comfortable beds and...
    • King Guest Room

it’s beautiful and relaxing place with comfortable beds and the staff are friendly special sahar she works in front desk 💐

Spacious rooms and quiet environment

Spacious rooms and quiet environment

Staff, location

BBQ

Staff, location

They do not permiss to walk in the Golf area - say that it...
    • Twin Guest Room

They do not permiss to walk in the Golf area - say that it is private territory -Although golf area begin just behind the hotel. Vadim Bykovskiy.

Unfortunately we could not take breakfast

Unfortunately we could not take breakfast

We got a new room with working fridge.

Fridge was not working.

We got a new room with working fridge. Breakfast was super, as tje gym and pool.

View from room

Location, friendly staff, restaurant, spa

Super fitness and swimmingpool , and an additional 9 holes,...

Super fitness and swimmingpool , and an additional 9 holes, Par 3 golfcourse

Excellent in every way

Staff are amazing.

Location and staff: very good
    • Twin Guest Room

Just time for some refurbishment I would say

Location and staff: very good

It is surrounded by nature.
    • King Deluxe Room

It is surrounded by nature. It is respectively quiet and it is a good facility.

Value for your money hotel

Nice property

What's not to like

great night stay
    • King Deluxe Room

stay here often, love the pool!

Good enough.
    • Twin Guest Room

Third bed set directly on the floor.

Great staff. Extra clean.

Nice Hotel
    • King Deluxe Room

the rooms were not too clean, very dusty and and bathrooms were not clean either.

the staff was very friendly

The pool is fantastic

The pool is fantastic

Variey in breakfast

Free Wi-Fi

Variey in breakfast

Nice clean

Nice clean

The staff were super nice.
    • King Deluxe Room

The staff were super nice. Super helpful, the place is super clean. The Hilton could give the place a little update. Thanks

Browse Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen traveller photo gallery