Reviews of Postillion Hotel Arnhem 3 stars

Europaweg 25, 6816 SL Arnhem, Netherlands

#14 of 16 hotels in Arnhem

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Dirty worn water stained carpets. Separated from friends. High prices in restaurant Poor WiFi. Not sure if I was put in a new wing or old wing but not the main hotel. No lifts. WiFi was so poor I lost all my GPS mapping of Europe during an upgrade.

Plenty of free parking. Large room Ease of finding place and getting back to main roads

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My room was very cold and I did not find any thermostat to up the temperature. Halfway the night I found the valve for the radiator but warm water did not flow until the morning. So my night was cold and I hardly slept. I took a shower at three o'clock to get warm. When I reported this at the reception no action was taken, no compensation of any kind was offered.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not that we ate here but thought the menu was a bit pricey

Easy to find with lots of parking, couldn't hear the motorway next door, slept like a log.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no hair dryer provided, but I was told I could pick one up at reception later. This never materialised. ( I noticed several other guests with wet hair at breakfast) The general air of the hotel was grubby and tired; stained carpets, unattractive dried flower arrangements, poor, thin and ruckled underblankets on the beds, and the heating was barely adequate in the bedroom.. I gather the beds are due to be replaced in April, which should help a bit, I hope the whole place will get a bit of a make-over then?

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There are not enough electrical sockets in the rooms. Sometimes only cold water flies in the shower. It is a pity that breakfast is not included in the room price.

In addition, the service is very nice, at a high level. Rooms clean and tidy. The hotel has good food in the restaurant. I recommend this place.

Rooms are rather basic.

I stay in this hotel regularly. The staff is friendly and helpful. Good breakfast with plenty of choice. Nice restaurant with a homely atmosphere. Large parking onsite, The location on the A12 is very good. All in all a good hotel considering the price.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Regarding the hotel: Nothing. I only didn't like the fact we had to come back home :( Next year we will be staying longer.

I liked that the staff always smiled & were very helpful. Also it was a bonus that it was located outside of the center.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi did not work staff said they would check but it did not happen Break fast is expensive and there are no restaurants or bakeries in the vicinity.

Extra comfortable bed for the child Friendly staff Calm and peaceful location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The local bus into Arnhem (91) runs from the bottom of the road,there is hardly any reference to this in the hotel reception area A dedicated board showing access to the City is available by this means of transport, time table and price (€2) etc

Very friendly and helpful staff

I have no complaints

Restaurant waiter first class man, wonderful sense of humour a credit to the hotel, booked a twin room as sharing with male friend. Had to sleep on pull down bed as the was only a double in the room, was not offered a twin room when I queried this

• Comfort Twin Room

I left a present in the room which I know where I left it.I rang the hotel at the first opportunity within an hour of leaving the hotel only to be told it wasn't there which I know it was left in the room and exactly where it was.This was the only downer as I believed I was lied to.This hotel is used for the reunion of Airborne forces and is busy with ex Paratroopers because of the location and the very expensive taxi rides we think the hotel should put on a courtesy bus.

Very friendly staff,food was excellent,good variety for all nationalities.clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The pillows and the lights. I found it hard to read with the lights provided. Also there was only one power point in the room. There are plugs now that can be used for chargers for phones etc, adding those would be very useful, since I had a number of devices to charge.

The breakfast was very good, and good value, although I was charged for two persons even though they knew that I was alone. The pillows were very lumpy and uncomfortable so I did not sleep well either night. The desk staff very helpful and friendly. The restaurant staff seemed to avoid me, possibly because I was a woman travelling alone. However, I really like the Woman only sparking spaces right in front of the hotel.

• Comfort Twin Room

the staff were very welcoming and polite we will be using the hotel again on our next trip to Arnhem, it was perfectly located for our tour. The town centre is only a short taxi ride away and not very expensive. onsite parking was good and secure, we could not fault the hotel or staff A+.

• Comfort Twin Room

The staff at the bar and restaurant switched between ignoring us and being unfriendly. There is no kids menu available. Communication via booking.com previous to the stay was completely ignored. The breakfast was alright, although for a hotel advertising with "brain food" there should have been more healthy options.

The staff at the reception helped if you asked the right questions.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room key card systems had broken down so the staff had to personally open the door to the room

Nice location for a road trip, friendly staff, good breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I booked the cheapest double room here. I don't expect a high end place for 80 euros a night, but something a bit up to date and most of all, clean. The room wasn't very clean, trash wasnt collected from the previous person, the bedding seemed well-used (but washed), and the overal interior felt very old (70s). There were some cobwebs in the room as well. It doesn't seem like the people running it care a lot about the business at all. I definitely will not be going to any of their hotels again. For the money you could easily find a airbnb place with much, much higher standards.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was dated with most fixtures showing unrepaired damage and the carpets in the room and hallways were dirty and either need cleaning or replacing. The overall impression is grubby. We found the breakfast over priced for what we require.

Quiet location, close to Kroller-Muller Museum.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

restaurant and bar staff service was abysmal had a drink dropped over me smashed glass no apology then dinner service took 3 hours wait for dinner wait for drinks wait for dessert wait for bill worst service in a dutch hotel in 10 years

front desk service was excellent large car park

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Although we always enjoy our stay here. The Price is very reasanable. We do find the menu prices a little high and not a great choice also the drinks in the bar. We will be staying here again.

We have stayed here four times and will again on this coming Monday .The 12th June. We find it very welcoming and the staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel rooms looked a bit old fashioned and the decoration was a bit dull. In one of our rooms, the bathroom door wouldn't close. When we turned off the light in the entrance hall, all the lights in the bedrooms were also turned off, so it's not convenient for me as I wanted to do some reading in the bed. Also when I booked the room, I remember that I read somewhere that the hotel would make sure there were magazines for the guests to read, but I couldn't find any in our rooms.

The hotel is located outside the city centre of Arnhem, with easy access by car to the Hoge Veluwe park (10 minutes) and to the Openlucht museum, but I don't know if it's easy to reach by public transportation. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had breakfast in the restaurant which was very good. The hotel provides gym which is free of charge. The hotel wifi needs no code, and provided good internet connection.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Chairs in the room not at all comfortable. Television very badly positioned too high by far, it should be at eye level. Not enough power points for charging Laptop, Tablet, phone etc. Room walls too thin, I could hear the occupants in the adjacent rooms.

Plenty of parking. Courteous staff.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was a little tired, the carpet could do with renewing. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room and there was no facilities for making toast at breakfast

Light and airy room and easy parking, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Far from city centre. Standard room is cold and old, for such a high price should have had the extras of comfort. The room hasn't been cleaned properly as the room service didn't collect our used tissues under the pillows and didn't replace the cups and towels with clean ones. Furthermore, the sofas at the bar area must get cleaned as the red one we used was top dirty and full of hair. Last but not least the bold guy who supervises the breakfast and a blond woman with a bun have been very mean and impolite.

Nice surroundings in the forest, large parking and bus within easy reach. Breakfast has been very good and the Kellogs with red fruits a great surprise! Free coffee and tea (when the machine is not out of order) is great idea. The girls at the reception have been very very kind and nice!

Rooms are rather basic.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was not properly made on the first night (ruckled underblanket), when I stripped it to straighten it I found that the mattress was badly stained, in at least 6 different places. The weather was cold but my duvet was only summer weight. There were no extra blankets in the room. I asked if things could be better for the 2nd night, the girl on reception made a note of the room number and said she would see to it...... it was no better on the 2nd night. I was not happy. Another girl on reception made more notes..... I wonder if it's still as bad today?

Good variety of food for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are very basic and outdated. Bed of 1.40 mtr. No facilities for tea-coffee, lack of power sockets, Not even a bottle of water.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- only necessary features provided, room was freezing after arrival as heating was turned down. After comfort stay in Postillion Dordrecht I've been bitt dissapointed by Arnhem, expected at least the same standard.

- easy access, big free parking, very polite and good english speaking staff

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Comfort Twin Room

Lack of power sockets; fairly basic breakfast buffet; chipped paintwork; lift in need of renovation; unheated bathroom with mould spots on grouting;

Friendly and helpful staff; conveniently close to main roads without being noisy; decent size room; lovely surroundings

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the hotel need re-new, but under such price, it worth the cost.

very good location if you drive, free parking is important for driving traveler, also the hotel just in the national park which you have full of green sight.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We were visiting with a 1-year old and in the morning just before checking out I wanted to get some hot water from the restaurant. Was prepared to pay but the lady consulted a second service person and asked me for 7 euros;) I asked was it really 7 for the water and... Well, yes. Silly that's all. Otherwise a really nice place to stay!

Nice location. Large car park. Spaces for hybrids, electric and women powered cars (not kidding - see for yourself.) The room was ok. The bathroom was renovated some time ago but the shower remained from old times. Nice shower heads with jet sprays ;) Soap and shower gel with a bio certificate.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Too far out original booking was central had a long walk from bus to hotel very badly lit road room was small for 3 one bed was camp bed not really for 3 too small

Staff were very friendly

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

instructions where to find stairs to 2nd floor

Instructions by reception desk how to get to room at 2nd floor were imprecise. Using the outside stairs I found myself locked out of building in pitch dark night. Getting around premises to regain entry at main entrance was difficult and very annoying

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Double bed was a bit small. Quite a way out of Arnhem but not a problem to us as we wanted a stopover while travelling. Had to wait a while for table for dinner as hadn't booked in advance.

Easy to get to from motorway. Excellent place for travel stopover. Excellent value for money. Very good range for breakfast including gluten free items. Good restaurant for evening.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The carpets near the rooms need updating. The mattresses are rather hard, not all that comfortable.

The staff was very accommodating. Beautiful restaurant and reception area. Nice variety of food for the breakfast buffet, gluten free options available.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

No comments

Restaurant, the food is very good and the personnel is friendly and service minded. This hotel is situated in a great, green and healthy area.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed was small and not comfy.Room Quite small .On my booking Confirmation it said there was a refrigerator in the room and there wasn't.

Its a friendly Hotel and a free car Park

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location for visiting Arnhem. Friendly, very accommodating staff. Very clean rooms and comfortable bed. Great buffet breakfast included in my room rate. Big car park just a short walk from the hotel building.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Comfort Twin Room

The room was damp. I did inform the staff on leaving. I think the problem is that the room was below ground. If we stayed their again I would like a room on the first floor. We had no view at all. I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and the damp did me no favours. The dampness only became apparent after heavy rain mid week.

The staff were brilliant and pleasant

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The restaurant prices are a rip off. Even the waiter said not to buy wine because of the price

Wi-Fi stopped working at 24:00

good breakfast, nice staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel clean and comfortable. You will need to upgrade your room if you want tea/coffee making facilities.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lovely location. Every member of staff I came across was friendly and helpful. Well done to you all.

Quiet

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not nice a presentation for one hotel they must invest...

Nature is really nice...

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Floor lf room was shabby

Friendly personnel

everything

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Outdated decor, beds could be more comfortable

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Remarkably average breakfast. Rooms need to be refurbished

Friendly staff and sufficient parking spots

Room size

Room was very small and stinking of smoke , very unpleasant the ensuite was tiny .

• Comfort Twin Room

The breakfast is of moderate quality.

Relaxed staff and ample space, both in room and restaurant.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was very uncomfortable also the pillows were awful, foam and very uncomfortable

Staff were very friendly and helpful

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are a bit congested in terms of arrangement with shelves that are protruding.

The rustic ambience.

• Comfort Twin Room

They seemed to have problems feeding there customers and observed a lot of people being turned away for evening meal.

Location and reception staff.

• Comfort Twin Room

Personeel in restaurant was top

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing within walking distance of the hotel

Rooms were adequate and clean

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It's a bit far for public transport.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were very helpful and friendly, rooms are very comfortable and clean

Value for money

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Grocary byt far from location

Location close to my work place

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

A bit far from shops

Nice location, quiet, good breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The gentleman with moustache, attending the restaurant was grumpy and not very friendly, unlike the rest of the very nice staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

You need to have a car to find the place

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The prices for food and drinks are nothing short of extortionate

staff was nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

No hair dryer

The bed was good

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

SPIDER webs and dust. Just a filthy room.

Quiet location.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Smal bed and old bathroom.

The room is a but old but ok.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Sevice location comfort. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are quite simple and old

The hotel is very good in pricing for value

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms are outdated, carpet is worn down lightning is bad, shower runs slow and is tiny...

Bar and breakfast area are ok.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

24 hour reception meant waiting 5 mins for the door to be opened when we arrived at 2am. Double bed although two singles specifically requested.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Short staffed in dining area The carpets need renewing. They are well worn.

Location Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Comfortable room & a nice restaurant with helpful friendly staff

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Comfort Twin Room

No Tea and coffee maker, but we had our own.

We liked the hotel, the bar, the restaurant and staff.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

We had to carry our laguage to the first floor by steps. Otherwise it was a good price.

Breakfast was very good and rooms nice. There was also a city bus line near to the hotel so we could go to the city by this bus.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

Nothing really disliked. A hard boiled egg was outwith the kitchen staff's comprehension? Tried twice but only managed really runny yolks

We chose this hotel again for it's ease of exit and entry to the motorway; it has lots of free car parking. The staff were friendly and attentive. Food was of a certain type but plentiful. Breakfast was good.

There are also 39 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Postillion Hotel Arnhem traveller photo gallery