Reviews of Hotel Groot Welsden 3 stars

Groot Welsden 27, 6269 ET Margraten, Netherlands

#3 of 6 hotels in Margraten

Did not find a better place to stay.

Not a thing. Everything was above and beyond what I had expected In fact I am recommending this hotel to my friends who may be planning on visiting this area of the Nederland's.

The hotel was very quaint and well decorated and had numerous display that told a story which I appreciated. The hotel room was very neat and roomy for our needs. The owner went out of her way to help us with our needs. The meals were very well served and very tasty. It is situated in a quiet area which was outstanding and a quaint garden to sit and have a drink very well decorated. I can't not say enough about the hotel owner and the service that she provided to insure we got to he American Military Cemetery and back plus sent emails and made calls of the people I had had contact with that had adopted my brother's grave site. From what I can tell observed from those two days and what she did for other guest this is an outstanding hotel and well above any other type hotel's that I have stayed at. On a scale of I=10 I would give it a 15.

The ambiance of the hotel was wonderful.

The ambiance of the hotel was wonderful. Beautifully furnished and maintained. Large garden where you can enjoy a drink and some relaxation. Bed was large and extra comfy. Quiet and relaxing area close to the town of Margraten and all its conveniences.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Comfy stay!

When we people wake up in the morning you can hear the plumbing. But that was a minor thing, we had to het up anyway.

It is an amazing place with kind staff and decent rooms. The areas down stairs are a treat for kids, lots of things to see.

A really quiet location let us sleep soundly.
    • Room with Whirlpool and Terrace

Rooms are not air conditioned.

A really quiet location let us sleep soundly.

Pictures give a way too nice impression
    • Room with Whirlpool and Terrace

I booked an AA room but we got a very small one. Diner was below average. Very old fashioned with too much salt and over cooked meat

The breakfast

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great Hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

Great Restaurant we got an amazing dinner

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Excellent,
    • Double Room A

Everything!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

The staff members are amazing!

The staff members are amazing! They went out of their way from arrival through departure to make us feel like welcome members of the family. The food was spectacular and impeccably served. It is hard to imagine a more attentive hotel staff.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

A really wonderful homely place to stay.

Absolutely nothing.

A really wonderful homely place to stay. The weather was warm and sunny so we sat it a secret garden and had a complimentary drink on our arrival. Mine hosts were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The evening meal was exemplary, couldn't fault it

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

It was a family run small hotel.

Each morning I had a slice of lemon and a glass of hot water. I paid as if I had tea. It is my habit to have it every morning and I am a frequent traveler all over Europe. It was the first time I had to pay for a glass of hot water and a lemon. bou

It was a family run small hotel. The dinning room and the lounge was decorated very tastefully. It looked like a museum but it was very comfortable. It is in the country. If you enjoy being away from the city it is an ideal place to stay.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2015

Just outside Margraten, is a village called Groot Welsden.

Nothing bad at all to say about this wonderful hotel.

Just outside Margraten, is a village called Groot Welsden. The charming hotel there is similar to a bed and breakfast but serves dinner as well. They are an award winning hotel, and even the American Embassy from Den Haag stays here. The service is better than outstanding! The prices are incredibly reasonable. The food was so delicious we didn't want to eat anywhere else. Staying here is a "must" for any visiting Americans!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

Great hotel food very special and tasty.

Felt a little out of our league and it was bit out of town but on the other hand very special

Great hotel food very special and tasty.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

Great welcoming.

In my taste; too much X-mas decorations.

Great welcoming. Welcome drinks. Relaxing.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

An excellent location to relax, hike, bike and enjoy...

An excellent location to relax, hike, bike and enjoy Zuid-Limburg

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

Location and friendliness of the staff!

Location and friendliness of the staff!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2015

Peace and old world charm

Room on small size

Peace and old world charm

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.