Reviews of Hotel Lobelia 2 stars

Neerhem 15-17, 6301 CD Valkenburg, Netherlands

#29 of 52 hotels in Valkenburg

6.2

The room was very large and had enough storage space.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The parking was not nearby the location as was mentioned and breakfast was very poor, everything was almost empty when we arrived to eat.

The room was very large and had enough storage space. I liked the fact that the shower, toilet and bathroom sink/mirror were all separated.

Lovely hotel, friendly hosts, very close to all attractions of this pretty town.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room was always quite cool when returning from the cold and damp outside. Radiators always set to '1'. I did try putting them up to '2' but they were back to '1' once our room was made up. The pine wardrobe made my clothes feel very cold so at times I'd wrap my tee-shirts around the pipes to the radiator as several times the radiator themselves were too cool to warm anything up. Only one small sachet each for shower and shampoo so brought travel size shower gel to do hair as there wasn't enough to do both in the sachets. Shower was hard to use, I found it hard to turn the shower off or on with wet hands. It took me two days to get to grips with it. My husband worked it out very quickly and left it running for me but once I turned it off, I couldn't operate it (especially with the wet hands) so I gave up but the next day I could do it myself and just remembered to dry my hands a bit to operate it. The shower had a large fixed head, which I don't like as I prefer to control the water myself, so I pushed it nearer the wall while I was lathering myself up. With a press of a button the water would either come out of the head or act like a tap and run out of the pipe straight into the shower tray. I found it frustrating that I couldn't actually turn the shower on and off to save water if I didn't need it at the time unless to rinse the soap away. No hairdryer in the room but maybe this can be requested from the bar downstairs.

Bed was very comfortable, hosts very friendly. Good selection at breakfast and very nice meals served in the evening at the hotel. Everything so close to hotel; bars, restaurants, chair lift up to the Wilhelmina tower and Caravan site with good views over Valkenburg. Less than a 15 minute walk from train station.

Thoroughly enjoyed it
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Would have been nice to have coffee/tea facilities in the room but it wasn't really an issue

Location to the town was fab. Food in the bar was excellent and breakfast although continental filled you up as the choices were good

Great choice for a stay in Valkenburg
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room was very warm, but that was due to the immense heat of the days before our visit. There's a fan in the room and it's very quiet there in the night (so we could leave the window open), so that wasn't really a problem anyway.

Nice little hotel with amazingly friendly hosts (and a friendly dog) who helped us with everything we needed and made us feel welcome. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast was very good. We only stayed there for two nights but would've liked to stay longer since Valkenburg is a very pretty little town with a unique atmosphere and Hotel Lobelia is the perfect place to stay if you want to see the castle ruins, the caves, the old town, visit the Openluchttheater or take trips to the cities nearby. We honestly have nothing to complain about and will, if possible, gladly come back next year.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

The food was fabulous; the family owners are genuinely helpful and approachable.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I personally thought the mattress was a bit firm, but that is a personal preference, and most people like a firm mattress, so not a negative, just a personal observation.

I appreciated the genuine kindness of the family who owned the hotel and their information and assistance with every question I had. And the FOOD was delicious!!

amazing hotel in amazing spot. loved it.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

lovely hotel, perfectly situated in a lovely town. hosts were very helpful and friendly. rooms were great overlooking the ruins.

Nice and pleasant
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

A bit more updates regarding the room. A little dated

Staff

Kamer was schoon
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Het was back to the 70"s.

Kamer was schoon

Prima hotel
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Alles is perfect prima hotel niks mis mee

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

very friendly people we got a warm welcome and had a nice...

that we goodn't stay longer

very friendly people we got a warm welcome and had a nice breackfast. in the hotel we had a warm feeling of like being home.

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.