Reviews of Hotel Restaurant Scaldis 3 stars

Langeweg 3, 4511 GA Breskens, Netherlands

#19 of 41 hotels in Breskens

Terrible!

See above

We were on a bike trip and had an accident and then were separated. Consequently, I arrived late without my husband and did not know where he was. The person in charge did not even bother to answer the phone when the police called around midnight to inform me he had been located. Rude and totally inappropriate behavior especially during an emergency. The rudeness and lack of concern continued the next day. Would never stay here again PS the local police were wonderful!

Unfortunately would not visit again
    • Standard Twin Room

Very dreary, brown dated decor through outdid not enjoy it. Dinning room was dreary with no atmosphere. Continual breakfast was very basic.

Large bedroom, nice shower

Splendid hotel for a short stay in a nice town at the beach
    • Standard Twin Room

There is no elevator in the hotel and the stairs to the first floor are narrow and steep. This makes it difficult to get your luggage to your room. Since the owner does all the work in the restaurant, it sometimes takes a bit longer to get served.

The location of the hotel is very good, walking distance from the city center, from the beach and from the ferry to Vlissingen. The owner does everything and is a very friendly man. The hotel is very clean and the food in the restaurant is good. Also the breakfast is good.

good hotel with poor surroundings.

The breakfast is average and the location of the hotel is poor in the middle of an area with only houses and no interesting places to go.

The room is very nice with good beds and extra facilities to make coffee

Bad price-quality venue

The staff, never have encountered such a grumpy receptionist (even in the Netherlands ;-)) Room was clean but very basic. If I would have paid EUR 70, I would have been satisfied.

Everything outside the hotel.

Close to Jumbo.
    • Standard Twin Room

Close to Jumbo. Great, secure, dry bike storage overnight! Wifi loud and clear. I prefer to pay the 2 euros for a password protected wifi, than pay nothing for the open version!

The fact that my credit card was charged.
    • Standard Twin Room

The fact that my credit card was charged. this isn't the idea aa it's only given as a bond and I wanted to pay cash. The man who checked us in wasn't friendly at all.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Nightmare

The Hotel is not what was advertised, definitely doesn't fit in 3 star category. Our room was not in the main building, we were given accommodation in the small building added to the main property. The floor was freezing, we couldn't find the light in the bathroom for 10 minutes. The walls were so thin that you could hear your people next door sneeze. Breakfast was very poor.

A pleasant one night stay.
    • Standard Twin Room

Happy and friendly service from owner. We cheekily asked for a cutting from his berry plant, which he kindly gave us. Clean. Breakfast. Garden.

Superb, would recommend

This is s lovely hotel, the owner is superb and looked after our group of 12 very well. We all enjoyed our stay

Very friendly staff + all premises extremely clean
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Very friendly staff + all premises extremely clean

6.0
    The hotel was fine due to the fact that we were out most of the time but I would not choose it again
    • Standard Twin Room

The rooms are very dated, no view at all, the owner somewhat sullen and the breakfast very average.

The hotel was spotlessly clean.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Good bed

Good bed

• Reviewed: 8 June 2015

Clean, modern decoration, lovely garden, rooms with...

Owner was not over-friendly. Choices at breakfast limited - no loaves of bread or toast (rolls and croissants instead) and no hot food. Although checkout was advertised at 12 noon we were told we had to get out by 10.45, which was inconvenient as we had personal business to do in the town at 13.00, so we had to hang around in the town. Fortunately, the weather was good; it would have been awful if it had been the previous day, when there was heavy rain, thunder and lightening.

Clean, modern decoration, lovely garden, rooms with balconies, quiet.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

• Location - two minutes walk from centre + beach

• paid wifi only - but still not a big deal for me • a little bit oldfashioned

• Location - two minutes walk from centre + beach • Green roundabouts + terrace • Steakhouse within hotel - superb argentinian steak

• Reviewed: 3 April 2015

The friendliest service I've received in the Netherlands.

The friendliest service I've received in the Netherlands. I arrived late but the kitchen was kept open for me, and I had a superb dinner. After sleeping like a saint I got a lovely breakfast. Two days later I realized I had left my charger at the hotel and it was mailed to me (I insisted on paying the costs). Superb!

There are also 10 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.